These deep and meaningful quotes on life outs things into perspective Martin Luther King Jr. Believes Disappointment Parallels Love Socrates. Socrates was a very wise man because he understood that actually did not know anything.
“Chiron had said once that nations were the most foolish of mortal inventions. “No man is worth more than another, wherever he is from.”
“But what if he is your friend?” Achilles had asked him, feet kicked up on the wall of the rose-quartz cave. “Or your brother? Should you treat him the same as a stranger?”
“You ask a question that philosophers argue over,” Chiron had said. “He is worth more to you, perhaps. But the stranger is someone else’s friend and brother. So which life is more important?”
We had been silent. We were fourteen, and these things were too hard for us. Now that we are twenty-seven, they still feel too hard.
He is half of my soul, as the poets say. He will be dead soon, and his honor is all that will remain. It is his child, his dearest self. Should I reproach him for it? I have saved Briseis. I cannot save them all.
I know, now, how I would answer Chiron. I would say: there is no answer. Whichever you choose, you are wrong.”
― Madeline Miller, The Song of Achilles
19 Wise Quotes for a Better Life. 4. “Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.” —Dalai Lama.
This year marks the 28th birthday of one of our favorite quotable artists, Drake. Whether you were a fan of his from the Degrassi days, or have found yourself dancing hypnotically to the lyrics of one of his 10+ number 1 singles, there’s no denying the guy has serious talent.
Since breaking out in 2006 with his mixtape, Room For Improvement , we’ve watched him grow to dominate radio and collect accolades and awards along the way.
In addition to being a talented actor and musician, our favorite thing about Drake is his ability to craft poignant, memorable lyrics that become some of our favorite quotes. He even lets a few go on his Twitter page @Drake before each single or album drops just to whet the appetite.
And while there’s literally 100’s to choose from, we’ve narrowed this list down to 28 of the best quotes, lines & lyrics on life, love, and success.
1) On Life Lessons: “Live without pretending, Love without depending, Listen without defending, Speak without offending.” – Twitter @Drizzy
Our thought: One of our all time favorites. Be true to yourself, love yourself first, don’t assume you’re being attacked, and be mindful of your words.
2) On Taking Chances: “You know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it’d be nice if you just take it.” – Un-thinkable by Alicia Keys ft. Drake
Our thought: Don’t miss out on things that present themselves. Carpe diem as they say.
3) On Fairness: “The game ain’t always fair and that’s the thing though. You can play your heart out, everybody don’t get a ring though.” – Made by Big Sean ft. Drake
Our thought: First off, who doesn’t like a subtle sports reference? Life’s not fair sometimes, but that’s no reason to pout and give up.
4) On Friendship: “I live for the nights that I can’t remember, with the people that I won’t forget.”– Drake – Show Me a Good Time
Our thought: Times with best friends always make the best memories, or lack thereof.
5) On Jealousy: “Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.” – Drake – Over My Dead Body
Our thought: Don’t be jealous. It stems from your own insecurities and it’s never attractive.
6) On Being Let Down By Others: “When all is said and done, more is always said than done.”– Drake – Club Paradise
Our thought: Actions speak louder than words. And often those who promise the most will deliver the least.
7) On First Loves: “I know they say the first love is the sweetest, but that first cut is the deepest.”– Drake – Karaoke
Our thought: Remember being young and thinking the world was ending after you broke up? So do we. Forgiving doesn’t need to mean forgetting.
8) On Being In Love: “All so convinced that you’re following your heart, cause your mind don’t control what it does sometimes.”– Drake – Take Care
Our thought: Sometimes love is irrational. But that can be the fun part. 9) On Missing Someone: “Mind in one place, heart in another.” – It’s Good by Lil Wayne ft. Drake and Jadakiss.
Our thought: Long distance sucks ba**s. True story.
10) On Being Dumped: “I’m more than just a number, I doubt you’ll find another. So every single summer, I’ll be the one that you remember.”– Drake – Find Your Love
Our thought: Bitter much? But on the other hand, nothing wrong with being confident. 11) On Breakups: “Just as I predicted, here we go again. They always say the hottest love has the coldest end.”– Drake – July
Our thought: Ok ok, we know, breaking up sucks ba**s too.
12) On Exes: “I hate getting messages from you, especially when you say you should’ve stayed. Fu**s up my whole day, thought all these feelings went away.”– Drake – Messages From You
Our thought: Don’t toy with people’s emotions, it’s not nice.
13) On A Toxic Relationship: “The girl that I want to save is like a danger to my health. Try being with somebody that want to be somebody else.”– Drake – The Motion
Our thought: Five words: she’s just not into you. Walk away dude.
14) On Being Single: “You ain’t the only one that’s tryna be the only one.” – Drake – We’ll Be Fine
Our thought: There’s nothing wrong with not wanting to be tied down. Just don’t play hard to get for the fun of it.
15) On Staying Single: “I’m good, I don’t need no help. Cause I’m better off by myself then to start over with somebody else.” – Twitter Drake Quotes
Our thought: Good. Good for you Drake. Don’t let her break that little heart of yours again.
16) On Unrequited Love: “Wish you would learn to love people and use things, and not the other way around.”– Drake – Connect
Our thought: Drake! What happened? You were doing so well just a quote ago.
17) On Friends With Benefits: “Looking back on it, at least my pride is intact. Cause we said no strings attached, and I still got tied up in that.”– Drake – The Motion
Our thought: That poor heart of his just can’t catch a break. Re: No Strings, Never works. Somebody always gets hurt.
18) On The Good Ones: “The good ones go, if you wait too long. So you should go, before you stay too long.”– Drake – Good Ones Go
Our thought: Is he just letting a good one go here? Come on Drake. #dobetter #knowyourself
19) On Knowing Himself: “You know it’s real when you are who you think you are.” –– Drake – Pound Cake ft. JAY-Z
Our thought: There’s nothing quite like reaching a goal others don’t believe you can. Success is the reward for those who believe in themselves.
20) On Not Giving A Fu**: “I don’t really give a fu**, and my excuse is that I’m young.” –– Drake – Trust Issues
Our thought: Is that a good excuse? Of course it is. Because Yolo? 21) On Living It Up: “Lookin’ for the right way to do the wrong things.”– Drake – Lord Knows
Our thought: Being bad can often feel so so good.
22) On His Childhood Making Him Stronger:
“Nobody understood what it was like to be black and Jewish… being different from everyone else just made me a lot stronger.” – Drake
Our thought: Adversity makes people stronger. Plain and simple.
23) On The Freedom To Be Himself: “I don’t really have a gimmick or a ‘thing.’ I’m one of the few artists who gets to be himself every day.”– Drake – “Why do you hate me so much” – The Guardian
Our thought: Telling the truth means never having to remember a lie. Be yourself it’s easier. 24) On Being Methodical: “I’ve never been reckless—it’s always calculated.” – Drake
– How to Drake It in America – GQ Magazine
Our thought: Recklessness is never a good thing. Always have a plan.
25) On Success: “You got resolutions, we just got reservations.”– Drake– Thank Me Now
Our thought: I see what you did there Mr. Drizzy Drake. Smooth. Real smooth.
26) On Staying At The Top: “It’s funny when you coming in first but you hope that you’re last, you just hope that it last.”– Drake – Lust For Life
Our thought: Success can be terrifying. But keeping it is even more frightening.
27) On Picking The Wrong Person. They keep telling me, ‘Don’t Save You’, If I ignore all that advice, and something isn’t right, then who will I complain to?”– Drake The Real Her
Our Thought: This situation is so tough to be in; knowing your friends disagree with your choices and question how stupid it will make you look should this relationship go wrong. So incredibly relatable.
28) On It Being Over Too Soon: “All in all I learned a lesson from it though, you never see it coming you just get to see it go.” Drake – Fireworks
Our thought: We saved one of the best for last right here. You have to admit he really nails this one. Life has a funny way of doing that doesn’t it, you may make plans, and you may think you’re life has become incredibly predictable, but life will always find a way to surprise you. Good or bad, enjoy the ride. Alright, alright, alright.
Images via: Shot by Drew, Wikimedia Commons
Trending Hot Popular
aubrey grahamdrakedrake birthdaydrake linesdrake lyricsdrake quotesfeaturedinspirationallifelovepopr&brapperssuccesstop 28Trendingymcmb
Michelle Quinteros is a pop culture and lifestyle writer with a fancy degree from McMaster University. When she’s not writing for Quotezine, she can be found excessively quoting The Simpsons or binge watching Netflix.
Total votes: 197
Upvotes percentage: 45.177665%
Downvotes percentage: 54.822335%
“This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soulmate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.”
― Marilyn Monroe
Following are the best Osho quotes with beautiful images. We've compiled a list of Top-100 Osho quotes and sayings on life, love, happiness.
Wisdom is a great source of power. It’s through others’ stories of failure and success that we learn the most. It’s through their experiences of things we have yet to witness that feeds us the knowledge we need to fly high, to build upon what we already know.
Related:A Word to the Un-Wise: 5 Keys to Wisdom and Wealth
There is little in life that a wise mind can’t conquer. And it’s the sage-like guidance that inspires us to make our life that much better.
Here are 19 insightful quotes from people who lived exceptional lives.
Related: Seeking Advice: The Wisest Way to Hit the Next Level of Success
Lydia Sweatt is the web producer for SUCCESS.com. She recently earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Texas at Arlington and is a Dallas native. She enjoys painting, a hefty taco and discovering new music.
Posted in Motivation, Uncategorized
← How to Construct an Empowering Reality3 Techniques to Never Stop Learning →
48 Inspiring, Wise, and Witty Quotes to Use in Your Email Signatures . "There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.".