Our Happy Anniversary Wishes collection provides ways to recognize friends and family members who are enjoying wedding anniversaries. Enjoy!.
We've been there: You shop long and hard to find the perfect wedding card for the soon-to-be married couple and then you get home and have a pretty rough time figuring out what to write in it. The good news is, there are no hard-and-fast rules about what to write in a wedding card. As long as your wedding congratulations message is heartfelt and offers the couple a positive wish for their marriage, you're good to go.
It should almost go without saying that wedding cards are customary for anyone who wants to send wedding wishes to an engaged or newly married couple. If you're following traditional wedding guest etiquette, you'll either want to bring the card to the wedding reception or mail it directly to the couple (usually between the time you receive the wedding invitation and a few weeks after the wedding). Honestly though, you can send it whenever you want. You could even send a nice card if the wedding is small and you're not invited. Simply put: Wedding congratulations are welcome anytime by anyone!
As for the card itself, wedding cards come in lots of different formats—from standard greeting cards you find at a cute stationery shop to homemade cards, small tags attached to gifts and even simple, digitally created wedding messages that are printed and shipped to the couple with their gift. All of the above pass as a wedding card and are considered okay, so don't feel the need to have more than one. (Then again, if you bought a gift off the couple's registry and want them to also have a pretty card from you, take one to the reception and drop it in a wedding card box or on a gift table!)
In short, yes. That said, it used to be saying or writing "congratulations" to a newly married woman was once considered a faux pas because it was thought of as congratulating her on actually landing a man! (Yep, you read that right.) Today though, that's considered an outdated rule and school of thought. Still, if the couple happens to be very traditional or come from a very traditional family, you might want to avoid the term altogether and just say "best wishes."
The perfect wedding wish is sentimental, sweet and totally tailored to the couple. Is it for your favorite cousin and his new wife? Or your hilarious college roommate who finally settled down? Below are dozens of examples of wedding wishes quotes for inspiration. Use the quick links below to craft an amazing (genius!) wedding message:
Just because it's a formal wedding with floor-length dresses and tuxes doesn't mean you have to send a formal card with stuffy wording. (The card doesn't have to perfectly match the event.) Still, if you want to write a nice message that's timeless and romantic, a formal note is the way to go.
If you don't feel comfortable with formal wedding sayings, then don't do it. Be yourself. It's completely fine to write a more casual wedding message in the card, no matter the recipient. Put it this way: Short and sweet is always fine, as long as you're saying something nice or including a wish for the couple's future.
Go ahead and write something funny in the card that you think will make them laugh. Just be careful with your marriage wishes. What might easily come across as a joke in conversation could be taken the wrong way on paper. As a rule of thumb, avoid jokes that are sarcastic or snarky. Also off-limits? Steer clear of anything that could be considered insulting, imply that one of them is the "better half" or mention anything about it having taken way too long (or way too little time) to get married. Oh, and no divorce jokes!
If the couple is religious, then this might be the best option. Religious wedding card messages can mention God, tell them of your prayers or quote scripture. Before writing a religious message in a wedding card, consider the couple's beliefs and practices, and customize the message to them. If they aren't too religious or don't worship regularly, something very religious could make them uncomfortable, so it's be best to tone down religious elements or avoid them altogether. And if you're unsure of what religious message to write, opt for more general wedding words instead.
When writing a wedding card for family, you can go very general or very personal—it's completely up to you and the type of message you want to convey.
So you're writing a message on your brother's or sister's wedding card? The key here is personality. In some cases, sibling relationships are strained, in which case you might want to go general. But more often, your brother or sister is the person whom you know best, to whom you can make inside jokes or recall some of your favorite moments together. Just remember to mention the new spouse in your note!
It's a big deal when your son or daughter marries. And when you're the mother or father of the bride or groom, you'll most likely feel a flurry of emotions that are extra tricky to get down on paper. What's most important is that you wish the couple well. From there, add in some personal touches to the otherwise standard wedding wishes quote to give your wedding card message meaning. If you're happily married, you could even add some of your own marriage advice.
It's just as good of a choice to go classic with wedding wording on a friend's wedding card as it is to get specific and personal. Before you write, consider your relationship and how funny, serious, personal or sentimental you want to get with your wedding wishes. Then go from there.
When writing a card to your coworker who's getting married, you're probably not going to want to wish them "lots of love." Instead, it's best to go with general wording. Use one of the formal or casual examples above, or see below for a few appropriate, work-inspired quotes. All that said, it's more than possible that your coworker is a good friend. If that's the case, scroll up to "Wedding Card Wishes for a Friend."
Whether you're thrilled or lukewarm about the union, if your mom or dad is getting married (or remarried), it's completely normal to agonize a little over the right wedding card wording. Our best piece of advice? Be honest and tell the truth. Don't say you're crazy about the new husband or wife if you're not, but instead wish them both a happy future together. After all, isn't that what you want for your parent?
Use our guide to wedding wishes for inspiration to wish the happy couple well on I hope through the years you become even better friends and share every.
I can’t survive without my best friend; I know I am not the only person who shares such sentiments. They are the extra sibling we get to choose, and they are indeed the people who get to know us best. Being there for your friend during a relationship is important but what’s more important is being there whenever they need you. During your best friend’s wedding I am sure they need you more than they need anyone else there. You are a part of them and sharing this day with you means as much to them as it will mean to them. So pick one of the messages here below and show your best friend how far you are willing to go for them:
A wedding invitation qualifies as one of those exciting mailbox treasures, you know, the ones where you can’t help but smile as you run your fingers over the envelope? Score! Since receiving your invite and getting a sneak peek into the big day, you have most likely been counting down the days until “I, do.” Along with marking days off the calendar, you’ve sent back your pre-printed wedding response card, selected a gift from the registry and have decided that a shopping trip is in your near future. As if having to pick out a wedding day outfit wasn’t hard enough, you’ve also been tasked with writing a wedding card message to the soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Remind us who said being a wedding guest wasn’t hard work?
In all actuality, drafting the perfect wedding message doesn’t have to be difficult at all. With a few tips, tricks, do’s and don’ts you will be on your way to crafting personalized wedding wishes that shine a spotlight of love on the couple and their one-of-a-kind happily ever after.
Scroll through our entire guide or quickly jump to a section that best suits you:
The perfect wedding card message should be tailored to the couple, full of sentimental value and crafted from the heart. With that being said, no two wedding card messages will be the same. If you’re feeling pressured to say the perfect words, just don’t. Our wedding card etiquette guide features easy to follow instructions and specific example messages to help you navigate through what to write in a wedding card.
Wishing a couple congratulations is often times an expression people choose to include in their wedding greetings. It serves as a supportive as well as celebratory way to let the couple know they did a great job finding their soulmate (awh.) Saying ‘congrats’ is appropriate never mind which side of the aisle you are sitting on once the ceremony starts. Whether you’ve been best friends with the bride for years and have just met the groom or know both parties all too well, you can never go wrong with a sincere wedding congratulations message. Follow step one from above and pick one of your favorite congrats messages below or add them to your own words to get started on your wedding card.
After the ceremony when the couple opens their wedding cards they are going to enjoy reading each card for various reasons, but most importantly, because of whom they are from. Be yourself as you are writing your wedding card and make sure that your personality shines. If you are more casual, there is nothing wrong with keeping your wishes short and sweet. Just make sure that you build upon your congratulations and say something charming.
You can also use your wedding wishes to mirror the theme of the ceremony. If floor length dresses, glistening chandeliers and lavish centerpieces are a few big day details, look into using one of these formal wedding wishes to express your happiness for the bride and groom.
If you think a funny wedding card message will put a smile on the bride and groom’s faces then go ahead and write something laugh-worthy. Just proceed with caution, you don’t want your wedding message to come off as sarcastic or insincere. Remember that a sentiment that may easily come across as a joke can be taken the wrong way on paper. With that being said, divorce jokes are off limits! Use your best judgement when writing your funny wedding wish and you’ll be well on your way to creating the perfect wedding card with a side of smiles.
Sharing a religious bond with the bride and groom can be the perfect way to tailor your wedding wishes. Think about the couple’s religious beliefs and views before you begin writing your card. Use their practices to guide your religious wedding wishes.
Wedding Congratulations Message to Friend: Best Wedding Congratulation Messages for your Friends and Loved Ones.
Hey! Is your friend getting married soon and you are wondering what you should send her as wedding congratulations message. Well, first and foremost is wedding message should direct from the heart. Other messages which you normally send on some festivals and birthdays, your wedding congratulation message to the couple can’t be that generic and same old-fashioned. Wedding congratulations messages are based on the fact that the two are going to start a new life together and will need all the goodwill messages they can get.
However, sometimes writing good wedding congratulations messages can be a task, you may know what you want to write but framing them down in writing can sometimes be challenging. Well, you don’t worry about that now. Here is our extensive list of the best 111 wedding messages to congratulate the couples on their wedding day.
1. Blessings to the best couple ever! May your love stronger, your commitment deepen, and your joy increase from this day forward.
2. On this momentous occasion, which marks the start of your life together I wish you that the journey you are stepping be a happy one filled with peace and harmony, romance and passion, joy and laughter, and much more.
3. On your wedding, my best wishes are there with you two. May your love be the enduring crown jewel that ties together the life you are getting into. Best Wishes!!
4. Heartfelt congratulations on your wedding! May the bond between you two last forever, and should it ever change, may it change to a better and firmer one.
5. Wishing you many more days of happiness and occasions for celebration, and a lifetime of love and laughter together. Best Wishes!!
6. Marriage lets you enjoy with and annoy one special person for the rest of your life. I am glad you got the one to annoy and enjoy with for the rest of your life!!
7. On your wedding, I wish your love be like a shining star, brightening even the darkest of times. Best Wishes!!
8. May your love nourish, and your marriage be the biggest happiness and blessing of your life. Congratulations!
9. May your love have all the power to face any storm, and your future life together be filled with unending love, laughter, and joy. Congratulations on your wedding!!
10. May you two share your bond as friends and love as a couple, because friendship is the most essential ingredient of a successful marriage and the two grow stronger, courageous, and joyful, with the beautiful ship of friendship. Congratulations!
11. Heartiest congratulation to you two on reaching this lovely milestone of conjugal bliss. We pray all the luck, favor and togetherness always!!
12. Every day of your life you share together, may deepen and strengthen your love as you accompany one another to even the happier older years. Congratulations on your wedding!
13. Congratulations to you two! I wish you two carry the joy of this happy day close to your heart as you start the journey of life together.
14. We knew you two were meant for each other. Many Congratulations, and we hope you remain this happy for the rest of your lives.
15. You two are truly lucky to have found each other. May God always bless you with lots of love and joy. Congratulations! I wish you all the happiness.
16. To love and be loved is the biggest blessing one can have throughout their life. May you always have this precious treasure in all your days together. Best Wishes!!
17. God has sent you two for each other and this day only signifies it. All the very best wishes to the both of you for a wonderful life together.
18. Wishing you two lots of joy, laughter, and happiness on this very special day of your life! Happy wedding day, dear …. and …..!
19. Warmest wishes to the most wonderful couple. Wishing you a lifetime of togetherness, adventure, love, and happiness! Many congratulations on your matrimony.
20. May the each day of your life, which you spend together bring wonderful surprise for you two. Heartiest congratulations on your wedding!!
21. Couples are made in heaven, and it is apparent seeing you together. I don’t know two people who are well-deserving of the kind of love I’ve witnessed. My very best wishes to the most fantastic and loving couple!
22. We are utmost delighted seeing you together on the day of your wedding. May you carry this serene bond from strength to strength with each passing day. Many Congratulations!
23. Heartiest congratulations on your marriage! May the knot between you two grow stronger with each passing day! My best wishes for your wedding!!
24. May the bond between you two be like a cloudless night sky filled with sparkling stars of love, joy, and care. Heartiest Congratulations!!
25. A wedding is a significance of the union of two hearts. May the love between you two continue to grow each passing day and bring plenty of joyous moments for both of you.
26. We have witnessed your love maturing into a beautiful flower from a bud, and we feel honored to celebrate that love with you two today. May it always remain unflagging; many congratulations on your wedding!!
27. Today, as we witness two hearts unite as one, we pray your unity always remain strong, letting the strings of love that bind you two strengthen over time. Our best wishes on your wedding.
28. My best wishes to two of you on your special day! May your future be bright and filled with all the blessings and joys of life. Happy life ahead!
29. Heartiest congratulations on your special day! I feel immensely honored to be part of your special day and witness the blooming love between two of my dear friends beginning a new journey of their lives together. May your love deepen and your joy grow with each passing day you spend together.
30. My warmest wishes to the fantastic couple. May the bond of marriage unite your souls and bring out all the best in both of you, for the best of your life. Congratulations!!
31. Congratulations on your special day! May god bless you today and for the rest of your married lives.
32. Marriage is not only an auspicious bond, but also a journey that lasts till eternity. Today, in the beginning of you journey, I wish you two the most memorable and joyful ride.
33. You are one of the best couples I know. Many congratulations on your special day!!
34. I wish you two, all the fun and the pleasures that this union brings in life. May your life hereinafter be filled with happiness and delight. Best wishes to both you!!
35. Congratulations and a happy wedding day to the both of you! I wish you good luck for the days to come!
36. Here’s to you two—wishing my two personal favorite lovebirds a lifetime of happiness and love. Congratulations on a beautiful wedding!
37. Wish you two a blissful and joyous life ahead. Here’s to one of my all-time favorite couples and dear friends! Congratulations!!
38. Finding a partner is easy but finding a true love is a heavenly blessing. I wish you many, many years of togetherness and unbreakable love and laughter. Congratulations on your special day!
39. May your marriage be filled with every element that is needed to sustain a marital union: care, love, understanding, happiness, enjoyment, fun, joy, and romance. Happy married life. Congratulations!
40. For a very Special Couple of my life. May your wedding be a celebration filled with all the richness love has brought into your lives and all the joy that still lies ahead. Wishing you happiness always!!
41. For two people in a marriage to live together day after day, and care for each other every moment of those days is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. Happy married life ahead!
42. Here’s to success in your new titles, bride, groom, husband, wife, Mr., Mrs., and the ones you will pick up over the years together. Happy Wedding!!
43. You wedding celebration can end today, but the memories it will create will remain forever. May the memories of joy, happiness, hope, and love we share today remain fresh for all till eternity. Congratulations my dear friends!!
44. We are extremely happy to share with you the joyous occasion of your marriage. Here’s to memorable days of joy and everlasting love. Wishing you the best of life ahead!!
45. Wishing you two the best of marital bliss and all the love and happiness in the world. Many congratulations on your marriage!!
46. Congratulations to the most beautiful couple. Wishing you a wonderful journey ahead as from here you start your new life together!! Happy life!!
47. We wish two of you the happily ever after you deserve. Congratulations on your special day!
48. May your love grow stronger and better, through all the storms of life. Wishing you joy, love. Laughter, and happiness on your wedding day. Many congratulations!
49. Just a note to say how enthralled we are for you. Wishing you two a life filled with joy, love, peace, and happiness.
50. Congratulations to a wonderful couple for beginning their beautiful journey together!
51. We wish you two all you wish for yourselves and more.
52. May all your days be as joyous & happy as the day of your marriage. Congratulations to the most beautiful couple I know!
53. May this be the happiest beginning of a wonderful life together. Congratulations two of you!
54. May your love grow deeper and your companionship grow sweeter with each passing year. Congratulations on your wedding my dear friends.
55. Wishing two of you a world of happiness, joy, and laughter on your wedding day.
56. May your union be filled with all the right components in right proportion: a heap of love, a dash of humor, a spoonful of understanding along with the touch of romance and compassion for each other. Congratulations!
57. May the joy of your wedding last forever. Best wishes to the best couple!
58. Wedding day may come and go, however, I wish your love forever grow. Congratulations to the lovely couple!
59. Like a beacon on a dark night, may your love for one another shine fresh and bright. Congratulations my dear friends! Wish you two a life full of joy and happiness!!
60. May the years ahead be filled with lasting joy and compassion. Congratulations to the two whose match truly seems made in heaven!
61. To the Bride and Groom – May the Lord bless your lives with love and togetherness. Congratulations to the perfect couple!
62. We are glad to witness blessing in your lives. May your wedding go well and you have a great start. Happy married life!!
63. Wish you might, wish you may, have a sweet romantic day made of perfect moments meant for two, filled with love that feels brand-new.
64. Wishing you two all the best of life today and in the days to come. Happy wedding!
65. My heartfelt wishes for both of you, may you receive the joy and happiness that you both deserve. Congratulations!
66. Wishing two of you all the best on your special day and beyond. Have a blissful life ahead!
67. Congratulations to the best and the dearest couple! It’s great to see you two together to make each other’s lives complete!
68. Congratulations, we all wish you guys the best of the life ahead, and all that you deserve.
69. It’s an honor to be a part of your wedding day, I look forward to seeing what comes from you two. Congratulations!
70. May you two always drink together from the source of love, which is a mighty spring forever pouring itself out for you. Good luck for your wedding!
71. Wishing you two an amazing wedding and a wonderful life together. May you enjoy the best that life unfolds each day. Happy Wedding!!
72. Wishing you many, many years of joy and happiness together. Happy married life!!
73. We wish you two the most wonderful day with lots of beautiful memories and blessings from one and all that will last a lifetime. Happy Wedding!
74. Lots of love to a special couple, whose presence together warms the hearts of everyone around them. Congratulations to the most cheerful and bubbly couple!!
75. The news of your wedding may be new, but I always knew that you two are made for each other. Congratulations to you two for the wonderful journey ahead. May you always stay in love for the rest of your lives, best wishes guys!
76. Congratulations you found each other and now getting a step ahead on the wonderful journey. Wishing you both unwavering love and happiness together. Stay Blessed and Happy!
Read more- Best messages to congratulate the couples on their wedding day
Source: Happy Wedding App
Wedding message wording examples for cards, from formal and religious to funny and casual wedding Wedding wishes for your best friend.