Thank You Letter to Employer for Promotion. Do you need a sample thank you note for a promotion? Well, congratulations! You've no doubt worked hard to win .
Below are some examples of wording you could use in your note. Words in [brackets] should be filled in as appropriate for your situation.
The examples notes are the center section of the note. Look at this cheat sheet to see the complete layout of a thank-you note.
Thank you for the promotion! I am excited and look forward to adding more value to the team in my new position.
Thank you for the promotion. I appreciate that my effort in learning the [new skill] is being recognized. The team is already sending me requests to use [new skill].
I am excited about my promotion! Thank you for recognizing my accomplishments in the past year by promoting me to senior [position name]. I look forward to the continued success of our team.
Thank you for promoting me to [position]. I am excited to start the position next week. I appreciate you for trusting me with this opportunity.
I want to take a few minutes to thank you for promoting me. I appreciate the opportunity. And I look forward to continuing to grow under your leadership.
What a great day! Thank you for promoting me to [position]. I will do my best to excel in this position. I am grateful for the opportunity.
I am grateful for the promotion. Your input during the last few years has been valuable in helping with my career progression. Thank you for investing in me. I will make you proud as the new [position name].
I am looking for to starting in the the manager role next week. Thank you for the giving me a shot at leading a team. Your support and mentoring during the past few months has beneficial. Also, thank you for agreeing to help me transition into the new role.
Thank you for promoting me to Senior [job title]! I look forward to being able to share my knowledge with others in an official capacity. Your guidance and advice has been very helpful over the years.
Thank you for recommending that I apply for the open position on the team. I am very thankful that I am being promoted into the role. All that time applying your advice to learn [program name] paid off. You're the best boss I've ever had.
I am looking forward to working as a [job title]. Thank you for promoting me. I will be just as dedicated in the new position and look forward to learning even more about [program or project].
The career advancement here at [company name] has been wonderful for me. I am thankful that once I put my skills to use that my value was recognized and am thrilled that I'm being moved up to the next level. I look forward to taking more online classes to further my skills as I continue to support the team.
I am thrilled with my recent promotion to [job title]. Thank you for recommending me to [person's name on new/team department]. Since she hasn't worked directly with me, I feel that it was your positive remarks that helped her decide to go with me. If there is anything I can do to help you find someone to replace me on your team, please let me know.
Thank you for recommending me to be the manager of the new team! I am looking forward to being a team lead and working alongside of you. I am grateful for all the time you spent mentoring me and answering my questions about what it is like to be a manager here.
Thank you for the promotion! Becoming a [job title] has been a goal of mine since I started working here 3 years ago. Because of your awesome support, I've been able to take the right steps and focus on projects needed to learn the skills for the position.
Working on your team has been amazing for my career. I am excited about the promotion to Senior [title]. Also, thank you for the raise! I appreciate them both and look forward to continued success here at [Company Name].
I want to thank you for the recent raise and promotion. Your work ethic and leadership have been an inspiring example of how a boss should perform. I am looking forwarding to working side by side with you as I lead a team for the first time.
Thank you for the raise and promotion! What a great way to end the year. I am grateful for both and will continue to enjoy working on your team.
I am thankful for the promotion and the raise that came with it. You've been a wonderful boss and mentor to me. And, I'm excited that I will get to use more of my skills in [the new program that you have been learning] once I transition to the new position.
Thank you for creating a new position for me and the promotion with it. Your support in pushing it through with upper management and human resources has been amazing. Thank you for trusting in my abilities and recognizing my passion.
Your support has changed my life. I will now get to spend more time doing the type of work I enjoy every day which will benefit the company.
Note: If you don't want to mention the raise simply remove "and giving me a raise."
Dear [Boss Name],
Thank you for promoting me and giving me a raise. I am delighted with both and will continue to work hard for you and the team. I look forward to the additional responsibilities as [job title].
The new projects you assigned to me during the past year challenged me and made coming to work every day a joy. The time you've invested in me has paid off. I've grown as a leader and in my technical skills which will benefit the company in my new role.
I plan to pay it forward and find a newer employee to take under my wing, just as you did for me. Investing in people is time well spent as you have proven over and over again.
Thank you for all your support.
I hope these examples helped your write a wonderful thank-you note to your boss!
Thank you promotion messages are the messages that are sent by a [ blockquote]I wish to thank all my co workers, friends and relatives for.
Congratulations for Promotion at Work: Whether it is a colleague, boss, friend, husband or wife – getting a promotion is a big career milestone and your wishes should convey just that. Think of sweet messages and inspirational quotes that suit their jobs and personality. Write your thoughts down on an elegant greeting card or a note. For informal wishes, send a text, tweet it out aloud or wrap it up with a short Facebook post. Don’t be afraid of being cheesy, motivational words can have a deep impact and your encouraging note could inspire people to work harder for the next big step in their jobs and careers.
1) More than how much you deserve the promotion, the promotion deserves a fantastic person like you. Congratulations.
2) More responsibilities, tighter deadlines, bigger targets and working back till late – this is what a promotion really means. Sorry to burst your bubble but someone had to do it! Good luck and congratulations.
3) We knew that you were talented and brilliant, much before your boss eventually figured it out. Congratulations.
4) You mastered the art of working hard and squeezing the most out of your time at work. Now you have to master the art of making others do the same. Congratulations on becoming the boss.
5) With your new promotion at work, your pockets will get heavier. But don’t worry because your wife will always be there to lighten them up. Congratulations.
6) You got the promotion you desperately wanted, because it was the promotion that you rightfully deserved. Congratulations.
7) Working overtime and helping colleagues without any personal gain – there are no short term rewards for these things but karma eventually comes back with massive rewards. Your promotion is a classic example. Congratulations.
8) You chased the promotion like a hungry tiger. Now it is time to sit back and relax the fruits of your hard work like a lazy bear. Congratulations.
9) Your promotion has elevated you not only in the eyes of your colleagues and bosses, but also in the hearts of your friends and family. Congratulations.
10) Your skills are unmatched, your knowledge is priceless and your experience is invaluable. You are the employee that can neither be replaced nor replicated. Congratulations for your much deserved promotion.
11) You may have got a promotion at work but don’t forget to spend more time with your wife, else you’ll get a demotion at home. Congratulations.
12) Promotions are conspiracies hatched by companies to retain hard working employees. Congratulations for becoming yet another victim. xoxo
13) Hard work is like salt. No matter how flavorsome the ingredients, a dish can never be complete without it. Congratulations adding salt to your life and getting a fabulous promotion.
14) Don’t get too excited on being promoted. Consider your raise an increase in your family’s spending limit.
15) Congratulations for successfully juggling the responsibilities of family and work. You are truly an all-rounder and go-getter.
16) I can already predict that there will be many jealous people among your LinkedIn connections. Congratulations for being promoted to an enviable role.
17) I will never make the mistake of saying that you were lucky to get a promotion in your job because I know that you have worked bloody hard for it. Congratulations.
18) Your promotion is just the first word in the first paragraph of the first page in your success story. There is lot more that lies ahead. Congratulations.
19) All this while, I thought that your bosses were visually challenged because they couldn’t see that your promotion is long overdue. Did they get new glasses? Congratulations.
20) Management gurus have always thought that there were only two types of employees – leaders and followers. You have proved them wrong by being a leader when your team needed direction and being a follower when your bosses gave you instructions. Congratulations for getting promoted.
21) A promotion is a sign of the three critical S’s – Sincerity, Sacrifice and Success. Congratulations and well done.
22) Your middle name should be Inspiration because you inspire your colleagues to become better professionals. Congratulations.
23) Your promotion shows that your bosses have good decision making skills because they made the right decision by promoting a great employee like you. Congratulations.
24) Your friends know that you are the best. Your family knows that you are the best. Your promotion proves that now, even your boss knows that you are the best. Congratulations.
25) Are you a Steve Jobs in the making? Are you a Bill Gates in the making? Are you a Warren Buffet in the making? Are you a Mark Zuckerberg in the making? Are you a Larry Page in the making? No one knows yet but since this is just your first promotion, we have lots of time to find out! Congratulations.
26) Promotions will come and they will go. But your hard work will always shine and show. Congratulations.
27) I wasn’t surprised at all, because I always knew that you had it in you to get promoted sooner or later. Congratulations.
28) Your promotion doesn’t come as a surprise to me. Hardworking, reliable, efficient, organized, proactive and effective people usually always get promotions in life. Congratulations.
29) Your promotion has exposed the gritty, passionate and zealous winner who has been sitting inside you all this while. Congratulations, may you always find all the success you’re after.
30) The promotion of an employee like you has reaffirmed my faith in traditional values of perseverance, hard work, dedication and determination. It has also reaffirmed my hate towards malpractices including flattery, office politics and sabotage. Congratulations.
31) Congratulations! You should write a book, titled Promotion for Dummies.
32) Now we all know why you kept praising your bosses and treated them to coffee and beer every now and then. Jokes aside, congratulations for a well-deserved promotion.
33) Your promotion is just another rung in the ladder of success, just another feather in your cap and just another flying color with which you have succeeded. Congratulations.
34) Your promotion has made you a responsible manager, but your progress in life has made you a responsible human being. Congratulations.
35) I am not Neil Armstrong but I feel like twisting one of his quotes to tell you – May your first tiny step towards professional success eventually become a giant leap in your career. Congratulations on your promotion.
36) The wheels of your career are spinning in full speed. Keep going and don’t hit the brakes now. Congratulations.
37) The reason behind your PROMOTION is spelled out as Persistence, Resilience, Obedience, Motivation, Outstanding, Terrific, Impressive, Optimism and being Nifty at work. Congratulations.
38) You have always been the most beautiful wife to your husband, caring mother to your kids and loving daughter to your parents. Today you have proved that you are also the best professional in our team. I love you, congratulations on your promotion.
39) Your bosses may have promoted you but don’t feel obliged because it is nothing other than your own skills and sheer hard work that have propelled you to the next level. Congratulations.
40) The hard work that you did through all these months has resulted into a promotion today. Keep going so that you can reap better rewards in the days to come. Congratulations.
There are many reasons you might want to thank your boss formally, but it's not always easy to know what to say. The following letters can be downloaded, edited, and printed using Adobe. Be sure to customize your message so it reflects your personality and is appropriate for your relationship with your boss.
Use this message to say thanks after your boss recommends you for a job promotion:Related Articles
Let your boss know that you really appreciate being allowed to take time off from work:
Tell your supervisor that you appreciate being entrusted with a key assignment:
Say thanks to your boss for being allowed to attend a training class:
Express appreciation for being sent to a key industry conference:
Say thanks for a company-paid membership in a professional association:
Let your boss know that you really appreciate his willingness to listen:
Say thanks for being approved to purchase a powerful new computer:
Show your gratitude for getting approval to add head count to your department:
Let your boss know how much her support of charitable participation means to you:
While it's great to have access to printable documents you can customize, it's not always possible to find a template that meets your needs. In such a case, you may need to write a thank you note from scratch. Follow general tips for writing thank you notes and whether you are writing an email message, letter, or a hand-written note, keep these key tips in mind:
As with any business document, be sure that any correspondence you send to your boss conveys an appropriate message about your level of professionalism. Keep in mind that being seen as having strong business communication skills can have a positive impact on your career.
Congratulating your colleague for a promotion is a nice thing to do. As with thank-you notes, sending one shows that you are a thoughtful person who values .
Expressing your good thoughts and appreciation to someone who congratulates you is a sign of good manners. A word that congratulates can give us a good feeling and it calls for a good response. You want to make them feel good as much as they did to you when you receive the congratulation messages. Now, if you don’t know how to respond to a congratulations, you’re at the perfect place. Here, we will give you some tips and advices on responding to those who congratulate you. We will give you a list of samples as well. Read on.
There are many things that we should thank for, and even having to be told “Congratulations” should be appreciated. When we achieve something great or out of our ordinary daily routine, we often hear the word “congratulations” thus, we should thank them for congratulating us. This means that they have noticed what you have achieved and they are happy for you because of it. To show our appreciation to those who have congratulated us, here are some samples you may want to consider:
“Thank you so much for recognizing my efforts. I must say that your congratulation messages really touched my heart.”
“Not everyone is happy when you succeed, but it is always great to be reminded of good friends like you. Thank you for the congratulations!”
“Your kind and encouraging message has motivated me to do even better than I have done. Thank you!”
“I’m grateful to know that you share in my happiness and success. Kindly receive my appreciation!”
“Thank you so much for your congratulation but I cannot take all the credit because it was team effort. If it were not for all our collective hard work, I would not have made it.”
“Thank you for the congratulations! It is nice knowing that you are thinking of me.”
“We appreciate your message and are happy to know friends like you rejoice in our success. Thank you!”
Colleagues and friends took time to send you congratulatory wishes. It’s only proper to express your appreciation and gratitude towards them. But if you’re lost what to tell them or how to respond to those warm wishes, you’re at the right place. Here, we wrote some samples that you can use.
Thank you very much for such a kind gesture. You’re one of the reasons while this work is so worthwhile.
I appreciate your kindness to send me a congratulation letter on my job promotion. I am truly overwhelmed with happiness and appreciation. Thank you.
I’d like to express my appreciation to your warm congratulation wishes. I am so happy to receive them.
Thank you for dropping me a kind note of congratulation. It was such a nice gesture that warmed my heart.
I feel so blessed to have me efforts recognized. Thank you for all the warm congratulations wishes.
Thank you for all the best wishes and congratulations. I feel surrounded with appreciation and love.
I’m grateful to all people who supported me through the years. Thank you for your kindness and warm wishes you sent.
Your congratulations wishes warmed my heart and made me so happy. Thank you very much for your support and encouragement.
Thanks for thinking of me. Your warm wishes always make my heart grow.
“Thank you for sharing in our joy as first time parents. We greatly appreciate your congratulatory message.”
“I am humbled to receive congratulatory messages from my role model. Thank you for the encouragements!”
“Thank you for whichever way you contributed to making our wedding a success and more so for your congratulatory texts. We appreciate you very much!”
“I received your congratulatory letter with a lot of joy and gratitude. Thank you for remembering me!”
“It’s not every day you receive a congratulatory message from a long lost friend. Thank you very much and it was great hearing from you!”
“Thank you for remembering my baby on his first birthday and for your wonderful congratulatory messages!”
“I must say it feels good knowing that you follow up on my success and are happy when I prosper. Thank you very much!”
“Your congratulatory note was received and very much appreciated. Thank you.”
Wedding celebration maybe a busy and full of tiring festivities, you must not forget to write or compose a response to all of the wedding congratulations you have received from the loving family and friends. You can keep it short yet thoughtful. show your appreciation and gratitude to those who support and made the wedding more worthwhile with these samples of thank you messages for the congratulations on wedding.
I appreciate your warm message of congratulations on our wedding. It was very loving and encouraging.
I feel so blessed to have loving friends and family like you. Your best wishes of congratulations made us so happy. Thank you!
Thank you to all, friends and family, who sent us heartfelt congratulations messages. They made us so happy. Thank you for supporting our marriage.
I’d like to express me gratitude for all the heartwarming congratulations you have sent. We’re touched by the flood of congratulatory and warm wishes for our wedding. Thank you.
I feel so glad to have such a supporting and loving family and friends. All of the congratulations messages we received are truly heartwarming. Thank you to all of you.
“Thank you for congratulating me on being a mother. I hope I follow in your foot steps!”
“Thank you for the congratulations! Your wishes, prayers and blessings have done me a lot of good.”
“It is very heart-warming to know that even you, are happy when I succeed.”
“Thank you for congratulating me!”
“Thank you for all the help you offered me at every stage that led to this success. I feel glad that I received not only your support but also your congratulations.”
“I have graduated and I must confess that I am surprised to receive a congratulatory message from you. Thank you very much!”
“I’m glad you dropped me a congratulatory message. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!”
“Thank you for sending your congratulation messages even after all the help you have given me.”
“Be blessed for all the warm wishes and congratulation notes!”
“Thanks much for your congratulatory messages! Dully received.”
“My husband and I would like to take this opportunity to just say thank you for sharing in our happiness.”
“Thank you for the fabulous gifts and congratulation messages! I am lucky to be surrounded by precious friends like you.”
“This is to extend a note of appreciation for the warm and kind congratulatory messages. Thank you for putting a smile on my face!”
“I heartily thank you for your blessings and congratulatory messages. It was all because of the love and support from people like you.”
“Nothing else matters as long as you are proud of me. Thank you for your congratulation messages!”
Find "Thank You" note samples for promotion. Sample thank you note and messages to boss for promotion and other thank you note examples here.