Looking for the best wisdom quotes? We've compiled an amazing list of top 120 famous inspirational wisdom quotes and sayings.
Motivational quotes for work should be inspiring and empowering…and should not sound like something you lifted from a cheesy greeting card.
It’s Monday morning, and your team is gathering together for the beginning of the weekly meeting. Your team is fresh off the weekend and may not be in the most energetic of moods.
So you, as the leader of your team, need to present a motivational message during this meeting to pick them up. Here is where inspirational quotes for work or inspirational videos come in handy to get your team out of the Sunday Funday mentality and back into a goal-crushing machine.
We searched through books, movies, songs, and even TED Talks to bring you 141 amazing motivational quotes for employees you’ll be proud to put in a Powerpoint, an intra-office meme or a foam board printing cutout! Find plenty of fantastic workplace quotes to motivate any team.
Meet the modern wine subscription that puts your palate to the test. Pinot lover? Sauvignon sipper? Not sure? Winc makes it super easy to discover wines you’ll love (to accompany the snacks you can’t live without). Take their palate profile quiz and they’ll pair 4 bottles of wine to your taste preferences and ship them right to your door every month. Try Winc for yourself with a SnackNation readers special and enjoy 35% off your first order, shipping included!
1.Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right.—Henry Ford
2. Becoming is better than being.—Carol Dweck, Mindset
3.I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I’ll go to it laughing. —Herman Melville, Moby Dick
4. The sun himself is weak when he first rises, and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on. —Charles Dickens, The Old Curiosity Shop
5. How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. —Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl
6. Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it. —Rafiki, The Lion King
7. If I had nine hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend the first six sharpening my axe. —Abraham Lincoln
8. The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven. — John Milton, Paradise Lost
9. Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. —Stephen Hawking
10. Leaders can let you fail and yet not let you be a failure. —Stanley McChrystal
11. Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me. —Michael Scott, The Office
12. The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me? —Ayn Rand
13. Kid, there are heroes and there are legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart, kid, and you’ll never go wrong. —Babe Ruth, The Sandlot
14. Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. —Michael Jordan
15. There will be little rubs and disappointments everywhere, and we are all apt to expect too much; but then, if one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better: we find comfort somewhere. —Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
16. Fight till the last gasp. —WilliamShakespeare, Henry VI
17. Do or do not. There is no try. —Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back
18. Be men, or be more than men. Be steady to your purposes and firm as a rock. This ice is not made of such stuff as your hearts may be; it is mutable and cannot withstand you if you say that it shall not. —Mary Shelley, Frankenstein
19. Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. —Judy Garland
20. The only way to achieve the impossible is to believe it is possible. —Charles Kingsleigh, Alice in Wonderland (2010)
21. Man is only truly great when he acts from the passions; never irresistible but when he appeals to the imagination. —Benjamin Disraeli, Coningsby
22. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. —Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
23. Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down do you wanna know what you’ve gotta do? Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim. —Dory, Finding Nemo
24. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained. —Marie Curie
25. Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings. —Salvador Dali
26. If something is wrong, fix it now. But train yourself not to worry, worry fixes nothing. — Ernest Hemingway
27. Life’s like a movie, write your own ending. Keep believing, keep pretending. —Jim Hensen
28. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. —Robert Louis Stevenson
29. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go… —Dr. Suess, Oh the Places You’ll Go
30. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly. —Neil Gaiman, The Sandman
31. For artists, scientists, inventors, schoolchildren, and the rest of us, intrinsic motivation—the drive to do something because it is interesting, challenging, and absorbing—is essential for high levels of creativity. —Daniel H. Pink, Drive
32. In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. — Thomas Jefferson
33. Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and again and bring their friend. — Walt Disney
34. So many things are possible just as long as you don’t know they’re impossible. —Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth
35. Everything should be made as simple as possible but not simpler. —Albert Einstein
36. Innovation distinguishes from a leader and a follower. —Steve Jobs
37. The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it. —J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
38. Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. —George Addai
39. I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then. —Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
40. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it’s yours. —Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
41. There is only one way to avoid criticism. Do nothing. Be nothing. Say nothing. —Aristotle
42. It is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. —Spoon Boy, The Matrix
43. Quality is job one. —Henry Ford
44. Write it. Shoot it. Publish it. Crochet it, sauté it, whatever. MAKE. —Joss Whedon
45. The best way out is always through. —Robert Frost
46. It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe. — Muhammad Ali
47. If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. —John Quincy Adams
48. Speak softly and carry a big stick. —Theodore Roosevelt
49. Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. ―Mark Twain
50. It’s life. You don’t figure it out. You just climb up on the beast and ride. ―Rebecca Wells, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
51. There’s zero correlation between being the best talker and having the best ideas. —Susan Cain, Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking
52. Unless someone like you care a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it’s not. —Dr. Suess, the Lorax
53. A proud heart can survive general failure because such a failure does not prick its pride. It is more difficult and more bitter when a man fails alone. —Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart
54. You will never plough a field if you only turn it over in your mind. —Irish Proverb
55. Ignorance and fear are but matters of the mind—and the mind is adaptable. —Daniel Kish
56. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it. —Roald Dahl
57. Someone, at some point, came up with this very bad idea that an ordinary individual couldn’t make a difference in the world. I think that’s just a horrible thing. —John Skoll
58. Imitation is suicide. —Ralph Waldo Emerson
59. If you hire people just because they can do a job, they’ll work for your money. But if you hire people who believe what you believe, they’ll work for you with blood and sweat and tears. —Simon Sinek
60. Real courage is when you know you’re licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what. —Harper Lee
61. Genius is born—not paid. —Oscar Wilde
62. Very often, a change of self is needed more than a change of scene. —A.C. Benson
63. The Answer to the Great Question… Of Life, the Universe and Everything… Is… Forty-two. —Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker’s Guide
64. Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. —Thomas Edison
65. I’ve learned about the poetry and the wisdom and the grace that can be found in the words of people all around us when we simply take the time to listen. —Dave Isay
66. It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure. —Joseph Campbell
67. Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path then by all means you should follow that. —Ellen Degeneres
68. It’s easy to solve a problem that everyone sees, but it’s hard to solve a problem that almost no one sees. —Tony Fadell
69. Learning never exhausts the mind. —Leonardo Da Vinci
70. If you’re alive, you’re a creative person. —Elizabeth Gilbert
71. My mother said to me, “If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.” Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso. —Pablo Picasso
72. The power of imagination makes us infinite. —John Muir
Free bonus:Download this entire list as a PDF. Easily save it on your computer for quick reference or print it and share with your coworkers.
73. Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity. —Seneca
74. Never ruin an apology with an excuse. —Benjamin Franklin
75. Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it. —Dwight D. Eisenhower
76. There are no two words in the English language more harmful than “good job.” —Terence Fletcher, Whiplash
77. Don’t persuade, defend or interrupt. Be curious, be conversational, be real. And listen. — Elizabeth Lesser
78. The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly. —Buddha
79. Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. —Truman Capote
80. An innovator is one who does not know it cannot be done. —R.A. Mashelkar
81. If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them. —Henry DavidThoreau
82. As long as they are well-intentioned, mistakes are not a matter for shame, but for learning. —Margaret Heffernan
83. I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. —Stephen Covey
84. You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. —Jack London
85. “I’m bored” is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless; it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say “I’m bored.” —Louis C.K
86. If we can challenge convention, we can solve any problem. —Josh Valman
87. Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones. —Ralph Waldo Emerson
88. In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, and – SNAP – the job’s a game! —Mary Poppins
89. If you hit the target every time, it’s too near or too big. —Tom Hirshfield
90. Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. —Margaret Mead
91. You can’t change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it. —Mahatma Gandhi
92. We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. —Plato
93. Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourselves. —Chanakya
94. What I love most about rivers is, you can’t step in the same river twice. —Pocahontas, Disney’s Pocahontas
95. Strength shows not only in the ability to persist, but in the ability to start over. —F. Scott Fitzgerald
96. It’s time to try defying gravity. —Elphaba, Wicked
97. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape. ―Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
98. Goonies never say die! —Mickey, The Goonies
99. If you light a lamp for someone else, it will also brighten your path. —Buddha
100. Tough times never last, but tough people do. —Dr. Robert Schuller
101. I would visualize things coming to me. It would just make me feel better. Visualization works if you work hard. That’s the thing. You can’t just visualize and go eat a sandwich. —Jim Carrey
102. Once you’ve accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.
― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
103. Why are you keeping this curiosity door locked? ― Dustin, Stranger Things
104. Whenthey give you lined paper, write the other way. ― Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
105. How many times do I have to teach you: just because something works doesn’t mean it can’t be improved. — Shuri, Black Panther
106. Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.— Conan O’Brien
107. To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to. — Kahlil Gibran
108. You be greater than your feelings. I don’t demand this of you—life does. Otherwise, you’ll be washed away by feelings. You’ll be washed out to sea and never seen again. — Phillip Roth, Indignation
109. I have always believed, and I still believe, that whatever good or bad fortune may come our way we can always give it meaning and transform it into something of value. —Hermann Hesse, Siddartha
110. A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery. — James Joyce
111. Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. Don’t let the bastards grind you down.” ― Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid’s Tale
112. Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig. ― Cheryl Strayed, Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar
113. Fulfillment isn’t found over the rainbow—it’s found in the here and now. Today I define success by the fluidity with which I transcend emotional landmines and choose joy and gratitude instead. — RuPaul
114. Thirty years ago my older brother, who was ten years old at the time, was trying to get a report written on birds that he’d had three months to write, which was due the next day. We were out at our family cabin in Bolinas, and he was at the kitchen table close to tears, surrounded by binder paper and pencils and unopened books about birds, immobilized by the hugeness of the task ahead. Then my father sat down beside him put his arm around my brother’s shoulder, and said, “Bird by bird, buddy. Just take it bird by bird. ― Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life
115. Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor, the enemy of the people. It will keep you cramped and insane your whole life, and it is the main obstacle between you and a shitty first draft. I think perfectionism is based on the obsessive belief that if you run carefully enough, hitting each stepping-stone just right, you won’t have to die. The truth is that you will die anyway and that a lot of people who aren’t even looking at their feet are going to do a whole lot better than you, and have a lot more fun while they’re doing it. ― Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life
116. Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more. — Nikola Tesla
1117. Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. — Carl Sagan
118. A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. — Charles Darwin
119. At the last dim horizon, we search among ghostly errors of observations for landmarks that are scarcely more substantial. The search will continue. The urge is older than history. It is not satisfied and it will not be oppressed. — Edwin Hubble
120. Only if we understand, can we care. Only if we care, we will help. Only if we help, we shall be saved. ― Jane Goodall
121. Don’t be afraid of hard work. Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Don’t let others discourage you or tell you that you can’t do it. In my day I was told women didn’t go into chemistry. I saw no reason why we couldn’t. — Gertrude B. Elion, Biochemist and Nobel Prize Winner
122. If you know you are on the right track, if you have this inner knowledge, then nobody can turn you off… no matter what they say. — Barbara McClintock, cytogeneticist and Nobel Prize Winner
123. Whether a person shows themselves to be a genius in science or in writing a song, the only point is, whether the thought, the discovery or the deed, is living and can live on. — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
124. For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You’d be surprised how far that gets you. ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
125. When you constrain freedom, freedom will take flight and land on a windowsill. ― Ai Weiwei
126. If I create from the heart, nearly everything works: if from the head, almost nothing. — Marc Chagall
127. Look at life with the eyes of a child. — Henri Matisse
128. Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world…would do this, it would change the earth. ― William Faulkner
129. No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world. — Robin Williams
130. Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you. — Thomas Jefferson
131. The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. — Confuciusm, Confucius: The Analect
132. Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. — Pablo Picasso
133. Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively; unless you can choose a challenge instead of competence. — Eleanor Roosevelt, The Autobiography of Eleanor Roosevelt
133. Be so good they can’t ignore you. — Steve Martin
134. Hire character. Train skill. — Peter Schutz
135. The best leaders are those most interested in surrounding themselves with assistants and associates smarter than they are. They are frank in admitting this and are willing to pay for such talents. — Antos Parrish
136. I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done. — Lucille Ball
137. We can’t take any credit for our talents. It’s how we use them that counts. — Madeleine L’Engle, A Wrinkle in Time
138. A little imagination combined with massive action goes a long way. – Grant Cardone
139. A company doesn’t exist to serve its own people; a company exists to serve the needs of the people who use its products or services. ― Richard Sheridan, Joy, Inc.: How We Built a Workplace People Love
140. Your potential, the absolute best you’re capable of—that’s the metric to measure yourself against. Your standards are. Winning is not enough. People can get lucky and win. People can be assholes and win. Anyone can win. But not everyone is the best possible version of themselves. ― Ryan Holiday, The Ego Is the Enemy
141. Failure it appears is not the regret that haunts most people; it is the choice not to risk failure at all. ― Dr. John Izzo
We hope you’ve enjoyed our list of 141 inspiring work quotes! And we hope it has INSPIRED you to use the wisdom of the greats to help fire up your team.
Work motivational quotes have the power to stick with employees for years. So, posting up a daily quote of the day for work can have a tremendous impact on your team. Because it just might be the exact thing they need to hear.
What was your favorite motivational quote? What daily quotes for work do you use? Let us know in the comments below.
Free bonus:Download this entire list as a PDF. Easily save it on your computer for quick reference or print it and share with your coworkers.
Ashley is a contributing writer who wants to help make your office an amazing place to work.
Here is a 50+ list of inspirational positive psychology quotes provided by positive Get ready to be inspired and enjoy these words of wisdom.
It can be hard to keep up your own pace when you work in a creative field.
A drought of motivation can feel like the end of the world, so it’s important to keep inspiration on hand.
I keep a folder of quotes on my phone at all times to remind me to maintain my hustle no matter what.
These pearls of wisdom have saved me on many a lackluster day, and today I’m sharing them with you.
“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”
“I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.”
“Don’t think about making art. Just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it’s good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.”
“I am deliberate and afraid of nothing.”
“I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. He taught me that if you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it, and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good. Hot is no good either. White hot and passionate is the only thing to be.”
– Roald Dahl, “My Uncle Oswald”
“We have a strategic plan. It’s called doing things.”
-Herb Kelleher, Co-founder of Southwest Airlines
“You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.”
– Maya Angelou
“Sometimes, you’ve got to work a little, so you can ball a lot.”
“Go to your desire and don’t hang around here.”
-Jack Kerouac, “Big Sur”
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined!”
“Now tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”
“Find out who you are and do it on purpose.”
“Some people want it to happen, some people wish it would happen, others make it happen.”
“To be contented—that’s for the cows.”
“The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there.”
“Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”
If you’re ready to start a freelance business, or get serious about growing your existing client base, download our free eBook, The Freelancer’s Roadmap.
“I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of, ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.”
“Make it work.”
“Never let go of that fiery sadness called desire.”
“In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The next best thing is the wrong thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.”
– Theodore Roosevelt
“Live every week like it’s Shark Week.”
– Tracy Jordan
“Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.”
“What would you do if you weren’t afraid?”
“Don’t think about your errors or failures; otherwise, you’ll never do a thing.”
“Life is short. Don’t be lazy.”
“It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old. They grow old because they stop pursuing dreams.”
– Gabriel García Márquez
“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don’t throw it away.”
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
“Blame it or praise it, there is no denying the wild horse in us.”
“F*ck you. Pay me.”
Starting a business is tough. And not just practically, or financially — emotionally, too. Which is why these top inspirational business quotes are so valuable.
Each of these business quotes is a bite-sized morsel of wisdom, capable of injecting that much-needed hit of inspiration, encouragement, and motivation.
So, when you’re exhausted, frustrated, anxious, worried, or just plain freaking out, read these motivational business quotes.
But don’t just scan through these business quotes.
Try to think about how each one applies to your business.
Read. Re-read. Reflect. Apply.
Okay, let’s get stuck into the top business quotes!
These business quotes are a gamechanger. Get ready for some inspiration and action-packed advice.
1. “The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old but on building the new.” — Socrates, father of Western philosophy (Click to tweet)
2. “Always deliver more than expected.” — Larry Page, co-founder of Google (Click to tweet)
3. “Don’t take too much advice. Most people who have a lot of advice to give — with a few exceptions — generalize whatever they did. Don’t over-analyze everything. I myself have been guilty of over-thinking problems. Just build things and find out if they work.” — Ben Silbermann, founder of Pinterest (Click to tweet)
4.“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” — John Quincy Adams, 6th President of the United States (Click to tweet)
5. “Every time we launch a feature, people yell at us.” — Angelo Sotira, co-founder of deviantART (Click to tweet)
6.“Be undeniably good. No marketing effort or social media buzzword can be a substitute for that.” — Anthony Volodkin, founder of Hype Machine (Click to tweet)
7. “What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone, know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.” — Dave Thomas, Founder of Wendy’s (Click to tweet)
8. “If you can’t feed a team with two pizzas, it’s too large.” — Jeff Bezos, Founder and CEO of Amazon (Click to tweet)
9. “If people like you, they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you, they’ll do business with you.” — Zig Ziglar, author, salesman, and motivational speaker (Click to tweet)
10. “If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.” — Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn (Click to tweet)
11. “The value of an idea lies in the using of it.” — Thomas Edison, co-founder of General Electric (Click to tweet)
12. “The stars will never align, and the traffic lights of life will never all be green at the same time. The universe doesn’t conspire against you, but it doesn’t go out of its way to line up the pins either. Conditions are never perfect. ‘Someday’ is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you. Pro and con lists are just as bad. If it’s important to you and you want to do it ‘eventually,’ just do it and correct course along the way.” — Tim Ferriss, author of The 4-Hour Work Week (Click to tweet)
Tim Ferriss business quotes are always so on point.
13. “Make every detail perfect and limit the number of details to perfect.” — Jack Dorsey, co-founder of Twitter (Click to tweet)
14. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” — Steve Jobs, co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Apple Inc. (Click to tweet)
15. “Always look for the fool in the deal. If you don’t find one, it’s you.” — Mark Cuban, AXS TV Chairman and entrepreneur (Click to tweet)
16. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” — Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft (Click to tweet)
Bill Gates business quotes are so full of wisdom.
17. “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.” — Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook (Click to tweet)
18. “If you define yourself by how you differ from the competition, you’re probably in trouble.” — Omar Hamoui, co-founder of AdMob (Click to tweet)
19. “Wonder what your customer really wants? Ask. Don’t tell.” — Lisa Stone, co-founder and CEO of BlogHer (Click to tweet)
20. “When you find an idea that you just can’t stop thinking about, that’s probably a good one to pursue.” — Josh James, CEO and co-founder of Omniture (Click to tweet)
Are these business quotes inspiring you yet? No? Then keep reading…!
21. “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” — Scott Belsky, co-founder of Behance (Click to tweet)
22. “Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” — Golda Meir, fourth Prime Minister of Israel (Click to tweet)
23. “There’s nothing wrong with staying small. You can do big things with a small team.” — Jason Fried, 37signals founder and co-author of Rework (Click to tweet)
24. “The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.” — Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn co-founder (Click to tweet)
25. “Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.” — Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos (Click to tweet)
26. “The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow.” — Ingvar Kamprad, founder of IKEA (Click to tweet)
27. “Nothing works better than just improving your product.” — Joel Spolsky, co-founder of Stack Overflow (Click to tweet)
28. “Get five or six of your smartest friends in a room and ask them to rate your idea.” — Mark Pincus, CEO of Zynga (Click to tweet)
29. “Money is like gasoline during a road trip. You don’t want to run out of gas on your trip, but you’re not doing a tour of gas stations.” — Tim O’Reilly, founder, and CEO of O’Reilly Media (Click to tweet)
30. “Get big quietly, so you don’t tip off potential competitors.” — Chris Dixon, an investor at Andreessen Horowitz (Click to tweet)
Business quotes like this really hit home.
31. “Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” — Steve Jobs, co-founder, Chairman, and CEO of Apple Inc. (Click to tweet)
32. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” — Helen Keller, American author, political activist and lecturer (Click to tweet)
33. “Don’t try to be original, just try to be good.” — Paul Rand, Graphic Designer (Click to tweet)
34. “Always think outside the box and embrace opportunities that appear, wherever they might be.” — Lakshmi Mittal, Chairman & CEO of ArcelorMittal (Click to tweet)
35. “Don’t worry about people stealing your design work. Worry about the day they stop.” — Jeffrey Zeldman, entrepreneur and web designer (Click to tweet)
These inspirational business quotes have some pretty sound advice.
36. “The last 10% it takes to launch something takes as much energy as the first 90%.” — Rob Kalin, founder of Etsy (Click to tweet)
37. “If you’re interested in the living heart of what you do, focus on building things rather than talking about them.” — Ryan Freitas, co-founder of About.me (Click to tweet)
38. “Best startups generally come from somebody needing to scratch an itch.” — Michael Arrington, founder and co-editor of TechCrunch (Click to tweet)
39. “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” — Wayne Huizenga, prolific American business person, owner of Blockbuster Video and the Miami Dolphins. (Click to tweet)
40. “Ideas are easy. Implementation is hard.” — Guy Kawasaki, entrepreneur and co-founder of Alltop (Click to tweet)
41. “An entrepreneur is someone who has a vision for something and a want to create.” — David Karp, founder, and CEO of Tumblr (Click to tweet)
42. “Get a mentor in the applicable field if you’re at all unsure of what you’re looking for.” — Kyle Bragger, founder of Forrst, and co-founder of Exposure (Click to tweet)
43. “Every day that we spent not improving our products was a wasted day.” — Joel Spolsky, co-founder of Stack Overflow (Click to tweet)
44. “Anything that is measured and watched, improves.” — Bob Parsons, founder of GoDaddy (Click to tweet)
45. “Stay self-funded as long as possible.” — Garrett Camp, founder of Expa, Uber, and StumbleUpon (Click to tweet)
We’re going to be throwing in a couple more Tony Hsieh business quotes in here.
46. “Don’t play games that you don’t understand, even if you see lots of other people making money from them.” — Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos (Click to tweet)
47. “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” — Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter (Click to tweet)
48. “Human beings have an innate inner drive to be autonomous, self-determined and connected to one another. And, when that drive is liberated, people achieve more and live richer lives.” — Daniel Pink, author (Click to tweet)
49. “Fortunes are built during the down market and collected in the upmarket.” — Jason Calacanis, founder of LAUNCH Ticker (Click to tweet)
50. “It’s more effective to do something valuable than to hope a logo or name will say it for you.” — Jason Cohen, founder of Smartbear Software (Click to tweet)
Business quotes like this sure do push you towards taking action.
51. “No more romanticizing about how cool it is to be an entrepreneur. It’s a struggle to save your company’s life – and your own skin – every day of the week.” — Spencer Fry, co-founder of CarbonMade (Click to tweet)
52. “You can’t make anything viral, but you can make something good.” — Peter Shankman, founder of HARO (Click to tweet)
53. “Don’t worry about funding if you don’t need it. Today it’s cheaper to start a business than ever.” — Noah Everett, founder of Twitpic (Click to tweet)
54. “Data beats emotions.” — Sean Rad, founder of Tinder (Click to tweet)
This next one is one of my favorite business quotes.
55. “I never dreamed about success, I worked for it.” — Estee Lauder, founder of Estee Lauder Cosmetics (Click to tweet)
56. “I try not to make any decisions that I’m not excited about.” — Jake Nickell, founder and CEO of Threadless (Click to tweet)
57. “See things in the present, even if they are in the future.” — Larry Ellison, co-founder of Oracle (Click to tweet)
58. “You don’t need to have a 100-person company to develop that idea.” — Larry Page, co-founder of Google (Click to tweet)
These business quotes are also great for small businesses.
59. “Ideas are commodity. Execution of them is not.” — Michael Dell, chairman, and CEO of Dell (Click to tweet)
60. “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t – you’re right.” — Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company (Click to tweet)
61. “All humans are entrepreneurs not because they should start companies but because the will to create is encoded in human DNA.” — Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn (Click to tweet)
62. “The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.” — Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft (Click to tweet)
63. “In the end, a vision without the ability to execute it is probably a hallucination.” — Steve Case, co-founder of AOL (Click to tweet)
64. “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.” — Oprah Winfrey, media proprietor (Click to tweet)
65. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” — Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn co-founder (Click to tweet)
66. “Don’t be cocky. Don’t be flashy. There’s always someone better than you.” — Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos (Click to tweet)
These business quotes may be blunt but they’re pretty accurate.
67. “Embrace what you don’t know, especially in the beginning, because what you don’t know can become your greatest asset. It ensures that you will absolutely be doing things different from everybody else.” — Sara Blakely, founder of SPANX (Click to tweet)
68. “Diligence is the mother of good luck.” — Benjamin Franklin, a Founding Father of the United States (Click to tweet)
69. “A person who is quietly confident makes the best leader.” — Fred Wilson, co-founder of Union Square Ventures (Click to tweet)
70. “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.” — Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks (Click to tweet)
These business quotes are on fire.
Let’s continue our list with some of the top inspirational quotes about life that are out there. Every now and then, everyone’s in need to hear about the positive side of life, and the potential it has to offer. These inspirational quotes about life will help empower you to succeed.
71. “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.”– Charles R. Swindoll, author, educator, and radio preacher
72. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” — Walt Disney, founder of the Disney Brother Studio and Disneyland
73. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.” — Stephen Hawking, English theoretical physicist, cosmologist, and author
74. “When I’m old and dying, I plan to look back on my life and say ‘wow, that was an adventure,’ not ‘wow, I sure felt safe.’” — Tom Preston-Werner, co-founder of Github
75. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” – Les Brown, American motivational speaker, author, and former politician
76. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” ― Oprah Winfrey, media proprietor
77. “You Are Never Too Old To Set Another Goal Or To Dream A New Dream.” – C.S. Lewis, British writer
There’s something heartwarming about these motivational quotes about life.
78. “Live each day as if your life had just begun.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, German writer
79. “Lean forward into your life. Begin each day as if it were on purpose.” ―Mary Anne Radmacher, author
80. “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ―Maya Angelou, American poet, singer, and civil rights activist
81. “Do not let the memories of your past limit the potential of your future. There are no limits to what you can achieve on your journey through life, except in your mind.” ― Roy T. Bennett, author
82. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” ― Oprah Winfrey, media proprietor
83. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”― George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright
84. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” — Charles Darwin, English naturalist, geologist and biologist
85. “Education costs money. But then so does ignorance.” – Sir Claus Moser, British statistician
86. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.”– Michael Jordan, American former professional basketball player
Success doesn’t happen overnight. You have to take each day as an opportunity to meet your potential and to improve. Here’s a list of our favorite inspirational quotes about success to get your day started.
87. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” — Henry David Thoreau, essayist, poet, and philosopher
88. “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.” — Tony Robbins, life and business strategist, and author
89. “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” — Colin R. Davis, English conductor for the London Symphony Orchestra
90. “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.” — Thomas J. Watson, 2nd President of IBM, political figure, and philanthropist
91. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” — Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain during World War II
92. “Today’s Accomplishments Were Yesterday’s Impossibilities.” – Robert H. Schuller, American motivational speaker
93. “Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day in and day out.” — Robert Collier, author
94. “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” — Jim Rohn, one of America’s foremost business philosophers
95. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” — Colin Powell, US statesman and retired four-star General in the United States Army
When you’re struggling, inspirational quotes like these can really make a difference.
96. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” — David Brinkley, newscaster for NBC and ABC
97. “Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.” – William Feather, American publisher and author
98. “Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein, theoretical physicist
99. “Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion.” – Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
100. “I never took a day off in my twenties. Not one.” — Bill Gates, Microsoft co-founder
Well done — you’ve made it halfway through our list of the top 200 business quotes!
101. “I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.” – G. K. Chesterton, English writer, poet, and philosopher
102. “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.”— Steve Jobs, co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Apple Inc.
103. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” — Conrad Hilton, Founder of the Hilton Hotels chain
Never give up. Keep chasing your dreams. Life will be hard at times, and the strength lies in not giving up. Take a look at the best inspirational quotes about not giving up.
104. “If you can’t fly then run. If you can’t run, then walk. And, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” — Martin Luther King Jr., leader of the civil rights movement
105. “I got lucky because I never gave up the search. Are you quitting too soon? Or, are you willing to pursue luck with a vengeance?” — Jill Konrath, speaker, author and thought leader
106. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” — Japanese Proverb
107. “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.” — Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States
108. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” — Thomas Edison, entrepreneur and inventor
109. “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” — Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain during World War II
Inspirational quotes like these do a great job at channelling some positive momentum.
110. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does — that makes you a winner right there.” — Venus Williams, American professional tennis player
111. “We May Encounter Many Defeats But We Must Not Be Defeated.” – Maya Angelou, American poet, singer, and civil rights activist
112. “Strength shows not only in the ability to persist, but in the ability to start over.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald, American fiction writer
113. “Let me tell you the secret that has led to my goal. My strength lies solely on my tenacity.”
– Louis Pasteur, French biologist, microbiologist and chemist
114. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” – Earl Nightingale, American radio speaker and author
115. “You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don’t give up.” ― Chuck Yeager, former United States Air Force officer
116. “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.”– Samuel Beckett, Irish avant-garde novelist and playwright
117. “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” — Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft
Hard work helps to turn dreams into reality. These top motivational quotes about working hard will help you get the job done.
118. “So often people are working hard at the wrong thing. Working on the right thing is probably more important than working hard.” — Caterina Fake, Flickr co-founder
119. “If you’re passionate about something and you work hard, then I think you will be successful.”— Pierre Omidyar, founder and chairman of Ebay
120. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” — Thomas Jefferson, Founding Father and President of the United States
121. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” — Paulo Coelho, Brazilian lyricist and novelist
122. “A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” — Colin Powell, US statesman and retired four-star General in the United States Army
123. “There is simply no substitute for hard work when it comes to achieving success.” — Heather Bresch, CEO of Mylan
We hope these quotes are motivating you to work hard toward your goal.
124. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” — Pele, Brazilian retired professional footballer
125. “No great achiever – even those who made it seem easy – ever succeeded without hard work.” — Jonathan Sacks, British author and politician
126. “The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.” — Harry Golden, American writer
127. “There is no substitute for hard work.” — Thomas Edison, entrepreneur and inventor
128. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” — Babe Ruth, American professional baseball player
We all face challenges in life. They can either make you or break you. We’ve compiled a list of our favourite motivational quotes about challenges that will encourage you to keep going.
129. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.”—John D. Rockefeller, American oil industry business magnate
130. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.”— Jim Rohn, American entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker
131. “Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.” — Arianna Huffington, president of The Huffington Post Media Group
132. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” — Eleanor Roosevelt, known as “First Lady of the World” for her human rights advocacy
133. “If you can push through that feeling of being scared, that feeling of taking a risk, really amazing things can happen.” — Marissa Mayer, president & CEO of Yahoo!
134. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” — Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States
135. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine, author
136. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” — Michael Jordan, former professional basketball player
These motivational quotes about challenges have some pretty sound advice.
137. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” — Nelson Mandela, Former President of South Africa, political leader, and philanthropist
138. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey, American educator, author, and businessman
139. “The Ultimate Measure Of A Man Is Not Where He Stands In Moments Of Comfort And Convenience, But Where He Stands At Times Of Challenge And Controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr., leader of the civil rights movement
140. “Being Challenged In Life Is Inevitable, Being Defeated Is Optional.” — Roger Crawford, public speaker, author, and certified tennis professional
141. “Life’s Challenges Are Not Supposed To Paralyze You, They’re Supposed To Help You Discover Who You Are.” — Bernice Johnson Reagon, song leader, composer, and social activist
142. “When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not yet ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back.” – Paulo Coelho, Brazilian lyricist and novelist
143. “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” — Ray Goforth, director of strategy and partnerships at Spredfast
There will be days when things don’t go as planned. You may feel defeated and let down. But that’s a part of life. It’s about how you deal with the failures in life that makes you who you are. Here’s a list of our favorite quotes about overcoming failure, that will motivate you to stay strong in the face of failure.
144. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” — Herman Melville, American novelist
145. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” — Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group
146. “It doesn’t matter how many times you fail. It doesn’t matter how many times you almost get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you because all that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.” — Mark Cuban, entrepreneur, owner of Landmark Theaters and Chairman of AXS TV
147. “I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.” — Jeff Bezos, founder, and CEO of Amazon
148. “The only thing worse than starting something and failing… is not starting something.” — Seth Godin, author, entrepreneur, and blogger
149. “Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.” — Drew Houston, founder and CEO of Dropbox
150. “Failure Will Never Overtake Me If My Determination To Succeed Is Strong Enough.” – Og Mandino, American author
151. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” — George Addair, real-estate developer
152. “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Jack Canfield, American author, motivational speaker, corporate trainer, and entrepreneur
Quotes like these on overcoming fear really give you an inspirational push.
153. “Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” — Thomas Edison, entrepreneur and inventor
154. “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” — Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company
155. “Failure is success if we learn from it.” – Malcolm Forbes, American entrepreneur and publisher of Forbes magazine
156. “Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success. I’ve met people who don’t want to try for fear of failing.” – J.K. Rowling, British novelist
157. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty—six times I’ve been trusted to take the game—winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan, former professional basketball player
Everyone has a bad day once in a while. These motivational quotes are guaranteed to inspire you and bring a smile to your face.
158. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” — Zig Ziglar, American author
159. “I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realise I should have been more specific.”— Lily Tomlin, American actress
160. “The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces.” — Will Rogers, American actor
161. “I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.” – Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father of the United States
162. “When I hear somebody sigh, Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?’” – Sydney Harris, American journalist
163. “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs… one step at a time.” – Joe Girard, American salesman
164. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison, entrepreneur and inventor
165. “You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.” – Sam Levenson, American humorist
166. “Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.“ – Robert Downey Jr., American actor
167. “Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.” – Dale Carnegie, American writer
168. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers, American actor
Movies have a certain memorable aspect about them. They have a unique way of teaching us lessons that stay in our memory. Whether it’s by making us smile, or by moving us to tears, movies have a magic about them. Here are some of the best motivational quotes from movies.
169. ”Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.” – Rocky, Rocky Balboa
170. “Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me. Alright? You dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.” – Chris Gardner, The Pursuit of Happyness
171. “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” – Jordan Belfort, Wolf of the Wall Street
172. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” – Gandalf, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
173. “Great men are not born great, they grow great.” – Vito Corleone, The Godfather
174. “Some people can’t believe in themselves until someone else believes in them first.” – Sean Maguire, Good Will Hunting
175. “Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.” – Alfred, Batman Begins
176. “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
177. “After a while, you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are.” – Shrek, Shrek The Third
178. “Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.” – Benjamin Button, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
179. “What we do in life echoes in eternity.” – Maximus, from Gladiator
180. “Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.” – Alan Turing, The Imitation Game
181. “Every man dies, but not every man really lives.” – William Wallace, Braveheart
182. “Someone I once knew wrote that we walk away from our dreams afraid that we may fail or worse yet, afraid we may succeed.” – Forrester, Finding Forrester
183. “It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choices.” – Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
184. “There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope.” – Stephen Hawking, The Theory of Everything
185. “The accident is your training. Life is a choice. You can choose to be a victim or anything else you’d like to be.” – Socrates, from Peaceful Warrior
186. “In this lifetime, you don’t have to prove nothing to nobody, except yourself. And after what you’ve gone through, if you haven’t done that by now, it ain’t gonna never happen.” – Fortune, Rudy
187. It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. – Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
188. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.” – Rafiki, The Lion King
189. “No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.” – John Keating, Dead Poets Society
190. “You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.” – Eames, Inception
191. “Find a truly original idea. It is the only way I will ever distinguish myself. It is the only way I will ever matter.” – John Nash, A Beautiful Mind
No matter what day of the week it is, this list of motivational quotes about work will help you get through the day.
192. “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” — Steve Jobs, co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Apple Inc.
193. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” —H. Jackson Brown Jr., American author
194. “The more I want to get something done the less I call it work.” — Richard Bach, American writer
195. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” — Muhammad Ali, American professional boxer
196. “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” — Karen Lamb, author
197. “Someday is not a day of the week.” — Janet Dailey, author
198. “What we fear of doing most is usually what we most need to do.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson, essayist, philosopher, and poet
199. “Make each day your masterpiece.” — John Wooden, American basketball player
200. “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” — Aristotle, father of Western philosophy
Okay, that’s a lot of business quotes!
If you haven’t already, make sure to bookmark this page of business quotes now and return to it, to create better habits, every time you need a hit of inspiration or motivation.
One other thing:
Did you notice some of the recurring themes throughout these business quotes?
So, which of these business quotes stood out most to you? Comment below!
Inspirational quotes and motivational sayings have an amazing ability to change the way we feel about life. You have complete control over only one thing in the universe — your thinking – and that’s where motivational quotes come in! When it comes to success quotes by famous people.
Life is a gift that has been given to you. It is in your hands to make the best out of it--dare to believe that you can. Through the ups and downs, you'll find a lesson to learn that will make you a better person. Each experience--good and bad--makes you grow. Get along with life and surely, things will become easier for you. Live for today and enjoy every moment. Capture the best that life has to offer you.
Here's a collection of valuable quotes about life to inspire you to make the best out of it:
"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln
"The greatest day in your life and mine is when we take total responsibility for our attitudes. That's the day we truly grow up." John C. Maxwell
"Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced." Soren Kierkegaard
"What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds." Wayne Dyer
"Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it." Lou Holtz
"Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact." William James
"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." Scott Hamilton
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." Leo Buscaglia
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
"There is more to life than increasing its speed." Mahatma Gandhi
"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." Confucius
"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." Dalai Lama
"There are three constants in life...change, choice and principles." Stephen Covey
"Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?" Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them--that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like." Lao Tzu
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." John F. Kennedy
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein
"When life is too easy for us, we must beware or we may not be ready to meet the blows which sooner or later come to everyone, rich or poor." Eleanor Roosevelt
"God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well." Voltaire
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Winston Churchill
"All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." Ralph Waldo Emerson
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style." Maya Angelou
"Once you say you're going to settle for second, that's what happens to you in life." John F. Kennedy
"There is no passion to be found playing small--in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." Nelson Mandela
"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." Jim Rohn
"I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed." Michael Jordan
"The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah Winfrey
"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become." C. S. Lewis
"Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young." Henry Ford
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Thomas A. Edison
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward." Amelia Earhart
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt
"Remember your dreams and fight for them. You must know what you want from life. There is just one thing that makes your dream become impossible: the fear of failure." Paulo Coelho
"Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." Thomas Jefferson
"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi
"Communication is a skill that you can learn. It's like riding a bicycle or typing. If you're willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of every part of your life." Brian Tracy
"Today is life--the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto." Dale Carnegie
"The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you're in control of your life. If you don't, life controls you." Tony Robbins
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." Robert Frost
"We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon." Franklin D. Roosevelt
"Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner." Les Brown
"Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all." Helen Keller
"The ultimate value of life depends upon awareness and the power of contemplation rather than upon mere survival." Aristotle
"Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive." Elbert Hubbard
"Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent." Billy Graham
"Each person must live their life as a model for others." Rosa Parks
"My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose--somehow we win out." Ronald Reagan
"Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce." Vivian Komori
"Transformation is a process, and as life happens there are tons of ups and downs. It's a journey of discovery--there are moments on mountaintops and moments in deep valleys of despair." Rick Warren
"Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive." Matt Cameron
The opinions expressed here by Inc.com columnists are their own, not those of Inc.com.
Read on to find the words of wisdom that will inspire your heart, motivate your mind in building your business, leading your life, creating.