Get well wishes go a long way to make our loved ones feel better and #5: God's speed and guidance I send to you as you get on your way to.
Sending best wishes to a loved one in our hospital is now even easier.
Volunteer Services is pleased to offer family and friends the ability to send a personal message to a loved one admitted in our hospital. If you are unable to make a visit in person, we can print and hand-deliver an electronic message so you can still send your best wishes. This free service is available for inpatients.
Information you need to know about this special inpatient message service:
Please fill in the form below and click the submit button. All fields must be completed. If you don’t know the room number you can call 416-530-6000.
I am sending this message to wish you quick recovery and good health as you get We miss your presence, please get well really soon. ------ If getting ill was your way of making us realize your value in the office, your target has been achieved.
Unfortunately cancer affects many people. 1 in 3 of us will suffer from it at some point. So there’s a very good chance you will know someone, maybe a family member or friend, who has been touched by it. If that’s the case currently then you may have decided to send them a card, note or flowers during this extremely difficult time. We however understand that writing a message to someone in these circumstances is also very difficult. Knowing the right thing to say and what to avoid can be a minefield to navigate.
There are a few different ways in which you can approach it. The most obvious is something non-committal, just wishing them well. This is the best option if you are concerned about causing any upset or ill feeling. You can also write something encouraging and uplifting though. The person suffering may feel down and depressed so reading an encouraging message may be beneficial. And possibly counterintuitively using humour is a good option. Although you must do so very carefully, if done right then a humorous message can be very effective. During a tough time having something funny to cheer you up can be a welcome from everything else that’s going on.
Whichever way you choose to go then use some of the example messages and wishes below. Also follow the tips for what to say and what not to say to ensure you avoid causing any offence.
Table of Contents
If you’re worried about how to start your card then just say something like “I’m so sorry I haven’t been in touch, I honestly just didn’t know what to say”.
These short and simple get well wishes for cancer are perfect if you’re not sure what to write in your card. Your words don’t have to be too long or eloquent as they convey the general idea, which is that you’re thinking of them and wishing them well.
Encouraging someone during a tough time like this is a good type of message to use. Using positive and uplifting words can help to raise their mood and give them a bit of extra strength, as well as reminding them they’re not fighting it alone.
Laughter is a great healer, but more importantly is fantastic for your mood. So if you can bring a bit of humour, maybe a smile to the face of person with cancer it will be warmly received and appreciated.
Be careful with writing a funny message. You don’t want to offend so be certain that the person you are sending the message or card to is the type who won’t be offend by a joke at this time.
One of the ways to show love to your dear friend is to be there for them at all times, especially when they are on the sick bed. They say ” a friend in need is a friend indeed”. You should never underestimate how far your word could go in aiding his/her quick recovery. You could cheer him or her up with these get well sayings we have here.
1. Say goodbye to that bout of bad health, and get well soon.
2. It’s terrible to see you so unwell! Get well soon! I know I’ll be delighted when you do, and I’m sure you will too!
3. I pray to God that He gives you the strength to overcome your sickness soon, but can you make it quick for me?
4. I’m anxiously waiting to see you well again.
5. Get well soon, because I have lots of fun things to do, but, without you, they cannot give me joy.
6. Waiting eagerly for you to recover soon and make my days lively again. Get well soon.
7. Recover well to be strong and sound. Rest well to walk on the path to good health.
8. Don’t worry; we’re here to stand alongside you as you work to recapture your good health.
9. Get ready: it’s time for you to get well soon.
10. I wish I was a magician so I could make you fit and healthy with the wave of a wand!
11. I will stand beside you forevermore. Wishing you good health and a fast recovery.
12, People here are missing you so much, especially your kindness and humor. Please recover quickly from your illness.
13. We are praying for you day and night, friend.
14. I was so sorry to hear that you were taken to hospital last night. Let me convey my best wishes for a quick recovery from your illness, my friend.
15. Get well soon, so you can once again experience all the fun and delight that life has to offer!
16. Best wishes. I hope that you’re back in the swing of things very soon.
17. We miss you so much! So sorry to hear that you’re not feeling well and will be away for a while. Everyone here misses your kindness, humor and loyalty. We didn’t find out about your illness until early this morning. It was a shock to everyone. Hang in there, dear friend and know that you are missed and treasured.
18. I heard that you are in the hospital. I hope they release you soon because we need you more than they do!
19. Everyone here sends best wishes for your health and healing. Take all the time you need to get well, and know that, when you return, there will be many happy faces waiting to greet you.
20. I ache every second you are sick, and pretty soon I am going to be in that hospital bed next to you. Get better fast, because, even though I love you, I don’t want to join you.
See Also: 150 Funny Quotes & Sayings
21. You will do more than just get better; you will be better than you were before. I can’t wait to see you soon in full health.
22. Focus on the future and concentrate on getting well. Here’s to good things happening in your life.
23. May every cell in your body heal miraculously fast. Know that you are missed greatly.
24. May God bless you with good health and peace through this hard time. Know that I am here for you if you ever need anything. If you ever need to talk, I am always here to listen.
25. Get well soon! Everyone here misses your contagious smile. Nothing has been the same since you became ill.
26. No one tells a joke like you do, so please hurry and get well fast!
27. Get well soon, dear friend! Your companionship is so important to me. I hope you’re feeling better soon.
28. I pray for my dear friend’s fast recovery and future good health.
29. From dawn to dusk, I pray for your quick recovery and good health.
30. May you be blessed with good health and a quick recovery.
31. Cheer up! We want to see you fit and well very soon.
32. Get well soon, so you can resume bringing brightness and delight into our lives!
33. I will continue praying for your good health and speedy recovery.
34. Get well soon, my dearest friend, as I always want to see you fit and fine.
35. Sending good vibes to you, my dear friend, to help fight your sickness. I hope you get well soon.
36. Get well soon so we can again rock together!
37. Get well soon! Your family and friends miss you a lot, and look forward to your return. We all send our best prayers to you, and want you to know that you are greatly missed! So, take good care and return to us soon.
38. Look outside: the sun is shining, and it’s telling you to get well soon.
39. The little flowers are rising and blooming; it’s the world’s way of saying, “get well soon.”
40. I pray God heals you quickly with His miraculously healing hands.
41. Don’t worry: you will be back on your feet in no time, and then you will be wishing you were off your feet again, resting!
42. Think happy thoughts, and you may heal more quickly than you thought possible. We miss you, and want you better soon!
43. Get Well Soon Messages for Mom, Dad, Brother or Sister
44. Get Well Soon Messages for your Girlfriend, Boyfriend, Husband or Wife
45. I suffer as you suffer. Let’s face it together and fight it out. Get well soon, my dear.
46. I heard about your sickness yesterday, and I want to let you know that I miss you and wish you a quick recovery.
47. Know that I am really praying for you.
See Also: Touching Things To Say When Someone Dies
48. Your absence is hurting me, my friend. I can’t wait to see you feeling well, and I know many others are praying for your quick recovery as well, and longing for the day you will come back home.
49. I didn’t know you were ill until several hours ago! I am so sorry that you’re not feeling well. Don’t worry about anything. Just concentrate on getting better and before you know it, you’ll be feeling like your old self—only better!
50. Get well soon! Together, we shall make the bond of our friendship even tighter and stronger.
51. I pray to the Almighty to bring you healing and a speedy recovery.
52. I heard you were in pain. Well, don’t focus on it (LOL, as I mention it). No, really: think nice thoughts. I love ya! Get well soon!
53. I pray every inch of your body feels better soon! I miss your face!
54. Remember to just take it one day at a time, and, in no time, you will be completely healthy and smiling once again.
55. I hope this get well wish brings a smile to your face. You are too beautiful to be feeling down.
56. I’m sending you loads of good wishes for a fast recovery.
57. Sending oceans of good wishes for your fast recovery and good health, my friend.
58. Wishing a very speedy recovery to my friend.
59. Dear friend, bid farewell to your bad health and get ready to greet happiness and wellness!
60. Do what the doctor says, and feel better soon! I can’t wait to see you again.
61. Sending all good wishes to my friend. Here’s hoping you’ll get well very soon.
62. I wish the very best health to you, my dear friend.
63. Sending you well wishes for your quick recovery and good health.
64. Feel better fast, so I can see you again soon! I miss you so much!
65. I hope you get well really soon! I miss your smile!
66. Get well soon, my friend. Your absence makes me sad and I long to see you feeling better. Get well quickly because you are missed by so many. Take good care, take time to heal and know that many are praying for your speedy recovery.
67. I miss you so much and so does everyone else. We all miss you and wish you a speedy recovery. We especially miss your humor and your kindness. Take care and know that we are eagerly awaiting your return.
68. I just heard about your illness and I want you to know that I miss you and will be praying for your speedy recovery.
69. May your tears of sorrow quickly become tears of joy. I am so sorry you aren’t feeling well. I pray you recover to full health soon.
70. Think healthy, lovely, wonderful thoughts, and may your ails cease to exist.
71. Even Superman has a weakness. Though you are feeling weak now, know that you will be strong again. Until then, may peace be with you.
72. I would wish you well, but I know you don’t need any wishes, because you WILL be better soon. This is me letting you know that I’m thinking about you.
73. Sending you tons of well wishes for your fast recovery.
74. Being ill is no fun; that is for sure. So, take time to heal and know how much I and so many others miss you.
75. So sorry to hear that you’re not feeling well; just heard about your illness last night. I, along with everyone here, send their best wishes and prayers to you. We all wish you a speedy recovery. Follow your doctor’s wishes and before you know it, you’ll be in fine form!
76. You can get better fast! Just do it! Be well!
77. I am sorry to hear of this tough time for you. You’re in my prayers.
78. Know this too will pass. May you heal ever so easy and fast.
79. I hope you feel better really fast. I’m counting the days until I can see you again!
80. Everyone here is thinking about you while you are in the hospital and recovering from your illness. We want you to know how much we miss you and long for your return. Best wishes we send to you for a quick recovery. God Bless!
81. I am praying that you experience a speedy recovery. I miss seeing you here at work.
82. Praying that you get well soon and experience the joys of being healthy again.
83. When you are feeling unwell, my heart feels sad. I hope you get well soon.
84. When you are sick I miss the fun and laughter. Get well soon.
85. I miss your laughter and your vibrancy. Wishing you a fast recovery.
86. Recovering sooner than you think has been my prayer since you left. Swing back to life and wear your cheerful look again. I send you fast healing wishes.
87. We are so eager to have you back with us. Arise and shine and bounce back to life. We wish you quick return to health.
88. It has not been easy for me since I heard you were not feeling fine. I send you this message to let you know I’m thinking of you and hope you will get better soon; wishing you fast return to health.
89. I hate to see you feeling blue so here is my get well wish to you.
90. I heard you were feeling unwell. Here is to wishing you a speedy recovery.
91. Sending sunshine to brighten your day. Get well soon my dearest friend.
92. I hope you find fast healing with each and every day my sweet friend.
93. I look forward to your full recovery so we can get together again soon.
94. I greatly miss you, but even greater is the fact that you miss something special here. Get well so soon and return home to decorate your life with rainbow colours and brightness of this special gift, waiting for you.
95. Your absence is creating a vacuum and we are missing you so much. You have always made a great difference in our lives when you were fit. Now you’re ill, we wish you speedy recovery and join our hands in prayer to proclaim you healing.
96. I was saddened when I heard you were ill; here I brought you a bouquet of richflowery red rose as a sign of my love and strong hope for your health and happiness. Get well soon.
97. Get well soon lazy brother. Your absence has created more work than I can handle. The more you stay in the hospital, the more work I have to do. Anyway, get well very quickly and come home. I’m missing you.
98. Like a dying flower in gloom, you lie helpless. Arise and bloom and dance like a fresh blade of grass to the drumming of the breeze of life. Arise and bounce back home like a ball. I wish you quick recovery.
99. I heard that you were feeling sick. Hoping you find strength with each new day.
100. Fair warning, laughter may be the best remedy when you are feeling under the weather.
See Also These
Famous Sayings And Popular Sayings
Amazing Things To Say About Family
Wise Sayings, Wisdom Sayings, Life Quotes
Popular Common Sayings You Should Know
Happy Sayings for Happy Moments
There are a few different ways in which you can approach it. The most obvious is something non-committal, just wishing them well. This is the.
When you’re writing a get well card it’s important to select your words wisely. Your well wishes have the power to aid in someone’s recovery and bring a smile to their face. By shining light on the positives and looking to the future you will make someone feel better with your kind words, but it’s not always easy to know exactly what to say. Before you fill the blank space of your greeting card, you’ll need to consider three things: the person you are writing to, your relationship with them, and the condition they are in. Whether you’re looking for inspirational quotes, get well wishes after surgery, or funny get well wishes to lift spirits, we have you covered with everything you need to know about what to write in a get well card below.
Writing thoughtful get well wishes and adding inspiring get well soon quotes to your greeting card is the best way to show someone you are thinking of them during a tough time. Remember that personalization is key and a heartfelt get well soon message can do so much more than any other gift.
Take into consideration who you are writing to as well as circumstance. Both of these details are important and will set the tone for your message. “Dear” is a safe standby, but you can choose to go with a warmer greeting if you are writing to friends, family or others you may have close relationships with.
Start your card off with well wishes that are specific to what the recipient is going through. Adding statements that instill hope and optimism will be a fundamental part of helping someone heal. Don’t dwell on the negatives, make sure that your wishes stay positive, upbeat and have the power to inspire.
If you are close to the card recipient, write a get well saying that expresses your love and gratefulness. Add an anecdote or inside joke that the two of you share to ensure you will bring a smile to their face. It’s also easier to write a funny get well wish and add humor to the greeting card if you and the recipient are close.
If you share a religious bond with the card recipient, let them know that they are in your prayers. It can be encouraging for someone going through something serious to know that they are in your prayers. Shining light on the faith you share is another way to show your compassion.
Use quotes to offer encouragement. Change someone’s habits, mind and emotions with an inspirational quote they can identify with during a difficult time. Don’t be afraid to borrow a few words from an award winning author or inspirational figure. Quotes are the perfect way to offer encouragement.
Tell them you’re thinking about them. Letting someone know that they are in your thoughts provides a sense of love and support for someone who is going through a hard time. Comforting words can make all the difference to your get well card message.
Try to understand this person’s feelings or emotions and make sure that your message and tone reflect that. Putting yourself in someone else’s shoes will help you find the right words to say. Avoid overthinking this part of your message and don’t let the fear of saying the wrong thing cause you to say nothing at all. However, do your best to avoid minimizing what the person is going through just because you may be able to relate.
When someone gets ill or becomes injured, even day to day activities become difficult to do. If you have the time and opportunity to help out in any way, offer to do so in your get well soon card. Some ideas include helping out with meals, cleaning up around the house, offering childcare or anything else that you see fit for the situation. In most situations, people won’t ask for help so you offering to do so is a great way to show that you care. Be specific when you are offering to help out and make sure that you follow through with what you’ve offered.
You’ll want to close your get well card with a warm closing. For example: “thinking of you”, “take care” and “wishing you healing” are all perfect ways to wrap up your card.
Common get well wishes include mentioning hopes for feeling better, speedy recovery messages, and words that let the card recipient know that you are thinking of them. Short and sweet get well wishes are the perfect thing to write in a get well soon card for any recipient. Use one of the wishes below or try combining a few to create a longer and more meaningful message.
Adding religious get well wishes or verses to your get well note is a great way to share your faith and encourage someone in their spirits during difficult times. These well wishes serve as a shining light that can often provide a sense of personal comfort when someone is struggling. Try out one of the religious sentiments below and let your card provide a source of strength to those who could use a few words of encouragement.
Sending your sick friend or loved one a get-well-soon card is a sure way to bring a smile to their face, no matter how poorly they're feeling.