1075 quotes have been tagged as words-of-wisdom: Roy T. Bennett: 'Guard well your thoughts when alone and your words when accompanied.', Ernest.
71 Inspirational QuotesBe inspired by these inspirational quotes to positively influence your day and your life. Inspiring quotes that have motivational and uplifting words of wisdom that can make a positive impact on your life. Be encouraged by them.
Find a quote that is meaningful to you, it may alter the way you think or just helps you look at issues in a more positive way. Place your favorite quote where you can refer to it often.
Our outlook determines our attitude. If quotes can shift our outlook, it can change our attitude, which in turn, shapes our experiences. Uplifting and inspirational quotes to motivate you to be the best you can be! May they have a positive impact on your week.
These inspiring and motivational quotes are ones that you may want to share with others. If someone is having a bad day find some quotes and email them; it may just be the motivation they need to change their day!
Best Inspirational QuotesThere are so many great inspirational quotes it is difficult to pick out the best quotes. However, here are some that we consider to be top notch. We hope they inspire you to be the best that you can be!
More Inspiring Quotes to Encourage You:
Best Quotes | Motivational Quotes | Amazing Quotes | Meaningful Quotes | Words of Encouragement | Dream Quotes | Smile Quotes
Inspirational Quotes for Success in LifeYou may be surprised by the thoughts of the authors of these inspirational quotes about what determines success in life. Wise quotes to reflect on and apply to life.
More Inspirational Quotes:
Life Quotes | Success Quotes | Confidence Quotes | Be Yourself Quotes | Goals Quotes | Work Quotes | Determination Quotes
Famous Inspirational QuotesFind inspirational words said by famous people who achieved success in their life. Wisdom is found in their words, and keys to the secret of success can be seen in these quotations.
Get inspired by these wise words and make the very best out of your life.
I adore inspirational quotations– and I’ll admit that I have a rather silly habit of keeping long lists of my favorites. After spending a considerable amount of time weeding through the bunch, I’m pleased to present 41 tidbits of advice from famous folks who know/knew a thing or two about leadership, determination, and putting your heart into something you’re just crazy about.
Please comment with your own favorite quotations to add to the list. I’d love to hear what gets you up and running, and doing what you do best!
“Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.”
– Abraham Lincoln
“Don’t worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.”
– Abraham Lincoln
“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.”
– Abraham Lincoln
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
– Albert Einstein
“Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.”
– Albert Einstein
“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.”
– Anne Frank
“Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it’s only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential.”
“If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.”
“When people go to work, they shouldn’t have to leave their hearts at home.”
– Betty Bender
“If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito.”
– Betty Reese
“If I were given the opportunity to present a gift to the next generation, it would be the ability for each individual to learn to laugh at himself.”
– Charles M. Schulz
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
– Dr. Seuss
“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.”
– e. e. cummings
“The leadership instinct you are born with is the backbone. You develop the funny bone and the wishbone that go with it.”
– Elaine Agather
“Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.”
– Elizabeth Cady Stanton
“Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it.”
– Ella Williams
“I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen”
– Frank Lloyd Wright
”The important work of moving the world forward does not wait to be done by perfect men.”
– George Eliot
“I found that the men and women who got to the top were those who did the jobs they had in hand, with everything they had of energy and enthusiasm and hard work.”
– Harry S. Truman
“Do not hire a man who does your work for money, but him who does it for love of it.”
– Henry David Thoreau
“If the laborer gets no more than the wages which his employer pays him, he is cheated, he cheats himself.”
– Henry David Thoreau
“Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.”
– Henry David Thoreau
“When a dog runs at you, whistle for him”
– Henry David Thoreau
“Goodness is the only investment that never fails.”
– Henry David Thoreau
“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
– John Quincy Adams
“Each of us has a spark of life inside us, and our highest endeavor ought to be to set off that spark in one another.”
– Kenny Ausubel
“What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured.”
– Kurt Vonnegut
“A man’s character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
– Mark Twain
“I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catchers mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back.”
– Maya Angelou
“The world belongs to the energetic.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Enthusiasm is the mother of effort, and without it nothing great was ever achieved.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Do not be too timid and squeamish about your reactions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Few will have the greatness to bend history itself; but each of us can work to change a small portion of events, and in the total of all those acts will be written the history of this generation.”
– Robert F. Kennedy
“Each generation goes further than the generation preceding it because it stands on the shoulders of that generation. You will have opportunities beyond anything we’ve ever known.”
– Ronald Reagan
“Find a need and fill it.”
– Ruth Stafford Peale
“We can always live on less when we have more to live for.”
– S. Stephen McKenney
“We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the course of history.”
– Sonia Johnson
“Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.”
– Theodore Roosevelt
“Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.”
“I’m a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.”
– Thomas Jefferson
“Leaders are people who do the right thing; managers are people who do things right.”
– Warren G. Bennis
Published on: 07/09/09
Inspirational quotes and business advice from uber successful CEO's. Bookmark it now to keep the inspiration flowing!
In business, inspiration and experience often leads to wisdom and success. With nine of 10 businesses failing in the first year, it's almost natural for founders and CEOs to do just about everything possible to improve their performance.
A great way for any entrepreneur to improve the chances at becoming a success is to study the habits and consider the advice given from other successful founders and CEOs.
Below are 52 inspirational pearls of wisdom taken from founders and CEOs from different trade backgrounds and verticals.
Take a look and let us know if your favorite quote about success made this list.
Related Article:10 Principles of Success: Quotes to Inspire from Jim Rohn
1. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” - Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway
2. “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.” - Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple
3. “To me, business isn’t about wearing suits or pleasing stockholders. It’s about being true to yourself, your ideas and focusing on the essentials.” - Sir Richard Branson, CEO of Virgin Group
4. “Every time you make the hard, correct decision you become a bit more courageous, and every time you make the easy, wrong decision you become a bit more cowardly. If you are CEO, these choices will lead to a courageous or cowardly company.” - Ben Horowitz, CEO of Opsware
5. “Don't bunt. Aim out of the ball park. Aim for the company of immortals.” - David Ogilvy, Founder of Ogilvy & Mather
6. “Chase the vision, not the money; the money will end up following you.” - Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
7. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” - Steve Jobs, Co-Founder of Apple
8. “Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.” - Drew Houston, CEO of Dropbox
9. “Any time is a good time to start a company.” - Ron Conway, Founder of Angel Investors
10. “The question I ask myself like almost every day is, ‘Am I doing the most important thing I could be doing?’… Unless I feel like I’m working on the most important problem that I can help with, then I’m not going to feel good about how I’m spending my time. And that’s what this company is.” -Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook
11. “High expectations are the key to absolutely everything.” - Sam Walton, Founder of Wal-Mart
12. “Life is fragile. We’re not guaranteed a tomorrow so give it everything you’ve got.” - Tim Cooke, CEO of Apple
13. “Without passion, you don’t have any energy, and without energy, you simply have nothing” - Donald Trump, CEO of the Trump Organization
14. “Rule No. 1: Never lose money; Rule No. 2: Don’t forget Rule No. 1.” - Warren Buffet, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway
15. “No man can be successful, unless he first loves his work.” - David Sarnoff, CEO of RCA
16. “It’s not about having a specific set time; both personal and professional lives are 24/7. It’s simply, more about making the right allocation to each one and recognizing that it’s going to be different every single day” - Ellen Kullman, CEO of Dupont
17. “You don’t need to be a genius or a visionary, or even a college graduate for that matter, to be successful. You just need framework and a dream.” - Michael Dell, CEO of DELL
18. “The heart and soul of a company is creativity and innovation.” - Robert Iger, CEO of Walt Disney
19. “You have to be very nimble and very open minded. Your success is going to be very dependent on how you adapt.” - Jeremy Stoppelman, CEO of Yelp
20. “It’s not about how to get started; it’s about how to get noticed.” - Steve Case, CEO of America Online
21. “Your reputation is more important than your paycheck, and your integrity is worth more than your career.” - Ryan Freitas, Co-Founder of About.me
22. “Be undeniably good. No marketing effort or social media buzzword can be a substitute for that.” - Anthony Volodkin, Founder of Hype Machine
23. “If you can’t feed a team with two pizzas, it’s too large.” - Jeff Bezos, Founder & CEO of Amazon
24. “Don’t worry about people stealing your design work. Worry about the day they stop.” - Jeffrey Zeldman, Founder of A List Apart Magazine
25. “The value of an idea lies in the using of it.” - Thomas Edison, Co-Founder of General Electric
26. “Make every detail perfect and limit the number of details to perfect.” - Jack Dorsey, Co-Founder and CEO of Twitter
27. “The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow.” - Ingvar Kamprad, Founder of IKEA
Related Article:Inspiring Success: 12 Motivational Quotes That We Loved in 2015
28. “Always look for the fool in the deal. If you don’t find one, it’s you.” - Mark Cuban, Owner of Dallas Mavericks
29. “There’s nothing wrong with staying small. You can do big things with a small team.” - Jason Fried, Founder of 37signals
30. “Fail often so you can succeed sooner.” - Tom Kelley, Founder of Ideo
31. “Nothing works better than just improving your product.” - Joel Spolsky, Co-Founder of Stack Overflow
32. “Get big quietly, so you don’t tip off potential competitors.” - Chris Dixon, Co-Founder and CEO of Hunch
33. “An entrepreneur is someone who has a vision for something and a want to create.” - David Karp, Founder of Tumblr
34. “Don’t play games that you don’t understand, even if you see lots of other people making money from them.” - Tony Hsieh, Founder and CEO of Zappos
35. “Stay self-funded as long as possible.” - Garrett Camp, Founder of Expa, Uber and StumbleUpon
36. “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” - Biz Stone, Co-Founder of Twitter
37. “The only thing worse than starting something and failing… is not starting something.” - Seth Godin, Founder of Squidoo
38. “Anything that is measured and watched, improves.” - Bob Parsons, Founder of GoDaddy
39. “The secret to successful hiring is this: look for the people who want to change the world.“ - Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce
40. “Data beats emotions.” - Sean Rad, Founder of Adly and Tinder
41. “If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.” - Reid Hoffman, Co-Founder of LinkedIn
42. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” - Reid Hoffman, Co-Founder of LinkedIn
43. “Embrace what you don’t know, especially in the beginning, because what you don’t know can become your greatest asset. It ensures that you will absolutely be doing things different from everybody else.” - Sara Blakely, Founder of SPANX
44. “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t – you’re right.” - Henry Ford, Founder of Ford Motor Company
45. “Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.” -Arianna Huffington, Co-Founder of The Huffington Post Media Group
46. “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.” - Howard Schultz, Founder and CEO of Starbucks
47. “Always deliver more than expected.” - Larry Page, CoFounder of Google
48. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” - Mary Kay Ash, Founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics
49. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and falling over.” - Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group
50. “I never took a day off in my twenties. Not one.” - Bill Gates, Co-Founder of Microsoft
51. “Don’t take too much advice. Most people who have a lot of advice to give with a few exceptions generalize whatever they did. Don’t over-analyze everything. I myself have been guilty of over-thinking problems. Just build things and find out if they work.” - Ben Silbermann, Founder of Pinterest
52. "Work like hell. I mean you just have to put in 80 to 100 hour weeks every week. [This] improves the odds of success. If other people are putting in 40-hour work weeks and you're putting in 100 hour workweeks, then even if you're doing the same thing, you know that you will achieve in four months what it takes them a year to achieve." - Elon Musk, Founder and CEO of SpaceX and Tesla Motors
Related Article: 40 Inspiring Quotes From Trailblazing Women We Admire
And there you have it. 52 quotes about success taken from famous founders and CEOs, all offer pearls of insight on what it takes to become a successful entrepreneur. If you think we missed out on your favorite quote about success from your favorite founder or CEO let us know, and float us note in the comments section below. Until next post.
If you love quotes, that's great because this post is made just for you. We offer the top 100 most inspirational quotes about life.
Take time to laugh
It is the music of the soul.
Take time to think
It is the source of power.
Take time to play
It is the source of perpetual youth.
Take time to read
It is the fountain of wisdom.
Take time to pray
It is the greatest power on earth.
Take time to love and be loved
It is a God-given privilege.
I cannot give you a formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure - which is: Try to please everybody
Herbert Bayard Swope
I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think.
To have long term success as a coach or in any position of leadership, you have to be obsessed in some way.
True leadership lies in guiding others to success. In ensuring that everyone is performing at their best, doing the work they are pledged to do and doing it well.
We live in a society obsessed with public opinion. But leadership has never been about popularity.
Whatever you are, be a good one.
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
A competent leader can get efficient service from poor troops, while on the contrary an incapable leader can demoralize the best of troops.
John J Pershing
A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit.
I complained because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet
Copyright © by BizMove. All rights reserved.
Explore 1000 Wisdom Quotes by authors including Ralph Waldo Emerson, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for.