Quotes About Broken Hearts - Sayings for the Brokenhearted . I wish I were a little girl again because skinned knees are easier to fix than a.
Being in love is arguably among the greatests things that can happen to someone; few things feels better than finding someone who completes you. The exhilarating in-love feeling comes from the increased production of chemicals (dopamine, phenylethylamine and oxytocin) which bring an erotic high in the new lovers’ brain. But, to fully experience all that love entails requires you to see the other end of the spectrum.
Love and heartbreak are on two ends of the same spectrum; to know love, we must know heartbreak. Heartbreak is a term metaphor for the intense emotional—and sometimes physical—stress or pain one feels at experiencing great longing. The emotional pain of a broken heart is believed to be part of the survival instinct. When you get your heart broken all those in-love chemicals wash right out of your system, your brain pumps your body full of cortisol and epinephrine, leaving you victim to stress hormones. However, this too shall pass. Hopefully the following quotes will help you heal faster.
You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens. Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi
Photo by Noah Silliman
Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option. Mark Twain
Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash
I know my heart will never be the same but I’m telling myself I’ll be okay.
So it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love. E.A. Bucchianeri
Photo by Ian Espinosa on Unsplash
Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. Kahlil Gibran
If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain; If I can ease one life the aching, or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
Love Quotes About Marriage | From Jokes to True L♥ve
Rumi Quotes to Help You Enjoy Life
If you liked what you read, please share it. It really helps us a lot.
The emotional pain of a broken heart is believed to be part of the survival instinct. When you get your heart broken all those in-love chemicals.
I recently tried to date someone with a broken heart. I guess the mother in me wanted to be there for him. To comfort him. I could tell he was a good person and that he had just been badly hurt. There was something about him, that just pulled me like a magnet. Chemistry off the charts. He said he felt it too.
But the harsh reality is he was coming off a nasty divorce that only happened just three short months ago. What I neglected to realize is the more time I spent with him, the more I would just fall for him and want to get closer and closer to him, and want him to do the same for me. This is when our problems became clear.
His heart wasn’t ready for it.
It was in protection mode. Severely damaged. I could say a thousand words, but I couldn’t speak straight to that broken heart and tell it, it was safe. It was too damaged to listen, too guarded to care. And I get it. I have had my heart broken too.
The tragedy of humans, is we often love the wrong people. People who don’t really care about us. And when good people come along, for some damn reason, we just won’t let them in.
Perhaps it seems too good to be true. But over and over again, I see males and females (it’s not gender specific) pushing away good mates who would actually take really good care of them. Maybe some people just want a chase or something they can’t have.
I ask myself this question — Do I deny good men? I used to.
But at 31, I greatly appreciate someone who treats me well. I notice it. I look for it. Manners, kindness and all that. I don’t blink twice at a “badboy”. I’ve evolved.
I love a gentleman. Someone who opens doors for me, compliments me, asks how my day was. I love all that cheesy shit. Bring it on. I know I deserve it and I can fully appreciate it. Once you experience men treating you like this, you’re unable to accept less. To accept shitty behavior. Chronic shitty behavior that is, because we all act shitty from time to time.
You can’t love someone when you’re broken. When your heart is still full of love and anguish for someone else. It needs time to unnattach itself. No really.
And that sounds so crazy because we are talking about an organ here as if it has some magical powers — to love. But why do we always talk about the heart when we talk about love? Who came up with the idea that love lives in your heart anyways? Maybe it’s because you feel love in your chest? We put our hands over our hearts when we say the pledge, that indicates it’s something sacred. When we get devastating news, our hand covers our heart in pain, as if to cover the hurt inside — inside our hearts. I just think it’s interesting. I have no proof love actually resides inside the human heart, but I am going to assume it does. It has to live somewhere in our bodies? Otherwise we wouldn’t feel it. But back to my point — a broken heart.
Even if that person left you, your heart hasn’t had time to empty itself of the love within. This is both a blessing and a curse, because it means when you love someone — it sticks. It’s not so easy to get rid of.
If it were, we would all move on quickly and with few tears. I recently tried loving someone who was amidst heartbreak. It was near impossible. I could tell he wanted to accept my love and take it all in. But it’s like there was a hole in his heart, and everything I poured into it, just couldn’t stay inside.
I know now first hand the importance of healing a broken heart from my own experience and watching his. We thought we could sidestep it, quicken it, or overlook the fact his heart was broken by building a new relationship with each other. We sadly realized that’s just not how it works. He was only capable of giving me half of himself, and I am incapable of givng anything but all of me. I love big. All in, when I find someone I truly value. So it was unbalanced. He needed more time to catch up to my healed and beating, ready to love heart. He just wasn’t ready yet.
I think of him everyday. And I truly hope he finds the healing he needs. He may never come back, I know that. But I miss him a lot, and I know he needs to be alone for awhile. He needs time. Time really does heal all wounds. I know this from my own divorce. I dated during the separation, but I was always sad. It annoyed my dates, and I get it now, because it’s been annoying me too. Watching the sadness on his face, and feeling like I’m not good enough to make him happy. To pull him out of the pit. I just can’t.
And then I have my own needs and wants that are just going neglected. I wish he would hold me of his own desire. Kiss me without me asking. He never would. So shut down. So gaurded. I could ask. I could try and reason with him, but it didn’t make an ounce of difference.
This man was broken. My heart goes out to him. I want to be mad about it. My pride wants to say well screw you then. But I know the truth, that he is operating from a heart that’s broken. He needs time. He may not know it yet, but I do. He says he doesn’t like being alone. And I get it, I don’t either. But alone is where he needs to be right now.
So he can find himself again.
Discover new hobbies and things about himself he didn’t realize.
So his heart can heal and become even stronger in the process.
I am just getting in the way of all that. Of everything he needs. And it sucks. It just sucks. I wish it weren’t so. But I have to face the music. I hope he doesn’t forget me. I don’t know why I felt so much for him, I barely knew him. My heart just resonated with his. I can’t even explain why.
Sometimes, words, as much I love them, just aren’t enough. Some things are only felt in the heart. Perhaps my heart knows pain and has urges to heal it. Compassion, and all that. I don’t know. But I do know as much as I love to give, I have to remember to let someone pour into me. My own heart. I can’t just be giving all the time. I have to have love too. I have so much love to give it’s scary. I don’t know why I am the way that I am, but I’ve always been that way. I love to love. I love to make a man feel good. Feel special. But I need to remember that some men aren’t ready for it. Can’t appreciate it. Are scared of it.
I wish I could find someone who loves as big as I do, maybe that would be the answer. My twin flame romance. Someone who can take and give just as much. Balanced love. That would be beautiful.
This person touched my heart. I haven’t felt what I feel for him for anyone else in years. He was special to me. I will try to wait, but I am tired. I want to love somebody now, it’s been too long. I know how special love is and I can’t wait to give someone all I have to offer. My kisses. My meals. My arms wide open. My care and concern. My ability to really listen and understand when something is bothering him. The look in my eye that says, you amaze me and I want you. I hope he comes back to me with a heart that’s mended. No leaks. So he can take all of me, and fully understand the value of my love. And if not, I hope he finds a love worth fighting for. All consuming. I hope we all do. We are living in dark times. Love is the only thing that makes all the pain worth it.
These brokenhearted quotes and sayings will give you much to think about.
Love is the most beautiful thing you can find, but it never comes with guarantees. The same person who means the world to you can leave you shattered, without any words or even the interest to speak to you ever. Someone who said that you meant the world to them, could change into a total stranger quickly. Almost everyone has experienced a broken heart. Just like love can be the most beautiful of things, a broken heart can be the most painful thing you could ever experience.
Relationships bring with them a certain level of risk. It is also one of the most difficult pains to heal. If someone breaks your heart, it can be a very difficult transition to feeling good again . Here are some famous broken heart quotes and sayings that might help you, or someone you know, understand what it feels like.
I wish I were a little girl again, because skinned knees are easier to fix than broken heart.
Once you had put the pieces back together, even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same as you’d been before the fall.
I did everything right for someone that does everything wrong.
I wish I never fell so deep in love with you and now it ain’t no way we can be friends.
Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don’t.
The only thing a boyfriend was good for was a shattered heart.
You find out what you are made of when you have a broken heart. If it happens early and often, all the better.
My sadness has become an addiction. When I’m not sad, I feel lost. I start to panic trying to find my way back which leads me back to my original state: sadness.
For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, ‘it might have been’.
John Greenleaf Whittier
When you break up, your whole identity is shattered. It’s like death.
Love is hard to find, hard to keep, and hard to forget.
I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.
Love is blind, but a broken heart sees everything.
The worst feeling is not being lonely. It’s when someone makes you feel special, then suddenly leaves you and you have to pretend you don’t mind at all.
It is not the broken heart that kills, but broken pride, monseigneur.
It’s hard to wait around for something that you know might not happen but it’s even harder to give up, when you know it’s everything you ever wanted.
To meet, to know, to love—and then to part, Is the sad tale of many a heart.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Best Being Single Quotes
In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.
Forget what hurt you in the past but never forget what it taught you.
A broken heart bleeds tears.
Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.
The actuality that the heart does not want to feel, doesn’t negate the certitude that it once felt and will still feel.
I wonder if you know what you are doing to me.
Don’t cry when the sun is gone, because the tears won’t let you see the stars.
There’s a difference between letting go, and pretending you’ve forgotten.
I’m not crying because of you; you’re not worth it. I’m crying because my delusion of who you were was shattered by the truth of who you are.
It is easier to wipe a thousand tears from your eyes than to wipe a single tear from your soul.
Until this moment, I had not realized that someone could break your heart twice, along the very same fault lines.
I think many people can relate to that excruciating pain of love gone wrong. I’d rather have a broken arm than a broken heart.
I don’t know why they call it heartbreak. It feels like every other part of my body is broken too.
Sharp are the arrows of a broken heart.
So it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.
Most things break, including hearts. The lessons of life amount not to wisdom, but to scar tissue and callus.
All I ever wanted was to be your everything.
Throughout my lifetime I’ve left pieces of my heart here and there. And now, there’s almost barely enough to stay alive.
The grief that comes from separation is the price that you pay if you choose to be with someone. Love is a beautiful thing, but not something for the faint-hearted…
Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war – love is a growing up.
The toughest part of letting go is realizing that the other person already did.
Our story has three parts: a beginning, a middle, and an end. And although this is the way all stories unfold, I still can’t believe that ours didn’t go on forever.
It’s so hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.
A lot of you cared just not enough.
I love the way you refuse my love.
I never hate you for not loving me anymore but I hate myself for still loving you.
Yet leave me not; yet, if thou wilt, be free; Love me no more, but love my love of thee.
Algernon Charles Swinburne
Love is ironic. Only when you hurt someone, they realize they truly love you. We shall always fall in love with the people who break our hearts.
It hurts to breathe. It hurts to live. I hate her, yet I do not think I can exist without her.
Sadly enough, the most painful goodbyes are the ones that are left unsaid and never explained.
Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.
To fall in love is awfully simple, but to fall out of love is simply awful.
You are supposed to dry my tears, not cause them.
The worst feeling in the world is knowing you’ve done everything you can to show someone you love them, and yet they still choose someone else over you.
You can love someone so much…But you can never love people as much as you can miss them.
The worst kind of pain is when you smile only to stop the tears in your eyes.
When you loved someone and had to let them go, there will always be that small part of yourself that whispers, ‘What was it that you wanted and why didn’t you fight for it?’
Shannon L. Alder
And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.
They say that if you love someone you should let them go, but they never say what to do when they don’t come back.
When it’s gone, you’ll know what a gift love was. You’ll suffer like this. So go back and fight to keep it.
A dream you once were, a dream of all my realities, a dream I can no longer strive for, in the wake of many betrayals.
The heart was made to be broken.
The worst feeling isn’t being lonely; its being forgotten by someone you would never forget.
A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along.
It is a curious sensation: the sort of pain that goes mercifully beyond our powers of feeling. When your heart is broken, your boats are burned: nothing matters any more.
George Bernard Shaw
It’s hard asking someone with a broken heart to fall in love again.
Heaven doesn’t ignore cries of a broken heart.
You cannot fly with broken wings and you cannot love with broken heart.
Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never knew.
The love that lasts the longest is the love that is never returned
William Somerset Maugham
This love game is give and take but you took everything!
I don’t think, until you’ve actually lost somebody you really love, that you can go through that door that allows you to be grown-up.
Love is an untamed force… When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.
Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world.
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Hearts are breakable. Even when you heal, you’re never what you were before.
The worst thing about being lied to is knowing you weren’t worth the truth.
Suddenly she realized that what she was regretting was not the lost past but the lost future, not what had not been but what would never be.
F. Scott Fitzgerald
If you have suggestions for brokenhearted quotes and sayings, please use the contact page to let us know. We appreciate it.
You might like:
Famous Chocolate Quotes
52 I Love You Quotations
Quotes and Sayings about Overcoming
Moving On Quotations
Best Words of Wisdom
Sad Lost Love
To Share is Divine...
Share your broken heart feelings with your Boyfriend or Girlfriend, either on the social network these broken heart messages which are too fit to express your.
Birthday wishes for your ex-girlfriend: Wishing an ex on her birthday is likely to ruffle a lot of feathers. It might make her think that you miss her a lot. Maybe even make her believe that you still love her and that you’re still not over your breakup. Yes, it can send mix signals, but if worded the right way, a sweet message can actually build bridges and pave the way for a platonic friendship. Depending on your situation, take ideas from this post to write a cute handwritten note or a funny quote on a greeting card for your ex. If you genuinely want to build a lasting friendship with your ex, her birthday is a great opportunity to do so. Don’t be afraid of sending through a DM or a text. Just be sure about what you are doing because wrong interpretations can worsen the pain of your heartbreak. You don’t want to re-live that nightmare all over again, do you?
1) I’m better off accepting that I still miss you, than lie to myself and pretend otherwise. Happy birthday.
2) I don’t know if you still miss me like how I miss you, but I hope that now you realize that my love was always true. Happy birthday.
3) We may not be lovers any more but we don’t have to be haters. We may not be the best of friends any more but we don’t have to be the worst of foes. Happy birthday.
4) Maybe destiny had other plans for us. Maybe we were meant to be friends… friends who’re mature enough to move on from being lovers. I wish you well, happy birthday.
5) Happy birthday to the girl, who was once the princess of my world.
6) Whoever said that you can’t be friends with your ex, obviously never met the two of us! Happy birthday!
7) I felt bitter after we broke up and wished that our relationship was an experience that I never had. But after moving on I have realized that the memories we share make our relationship an experience I am lucky to have had. Happy birthday.
8) Hearts may have been broken, but the memories will forever remain… happy birthday!
9) You know me better than anyone else, so there is no point pretending that I have forgotten your birthday after we walked separate ways. The truth is that I haven’t and I never will. Happy birthday girl.
10) You are my ex-girlfriend and I am your ex-boyfriend. Let’s use your birthday as an opportunity to remove these heavy tags and just call each other friends. Happy birthday.
11) Do I still have feelings for you? Maybe, maybe not. I don’t want to pretend. Do I think we still have a chance? No, maybe some things are just not meant to be. But does that stop us from being friends? Definitely not. I have moved on, you have moved on, life moves on… just the memories remain. Happy birthday!
12) Destiny had heartbreak in store for us, but I will never use that as an excuse to cuss. Because I still remember the day you said yes when I asked you out. It will be one of the most priceless memories, without a doubt. Happy birthday.
13) I’d be lying if I said that I don’t miss you. How can I not, after all that we’ve been through. Happy birthday.
14) I may have fought with you and called you names, but my intentions were always true. We have broken up since then, but I will still not stop wishing well for you. Happy birthday.
15) I don’t care what other people say. I’m still friends with my ex and I wouldn’t have it any other way! Happy birthday.
16) Things may not have worked out between us, but no matter what, you’ll always have a place in my heart… as a friend. Happy birthday.
17) The only way to make peace with you past, is to accept it for what it is… that’s what I’ve realized and the first step I want to take is to acknowledge all the amazing memories we’ve shared. Happy birthday to my ex.
18) I just want to let you know that every now and then my heart skips a beat to remind me that it misses you, just like how it used to skip beats to remind me when it once, loved you. Happy birthday.
19) I hate calling you my Ex-Girlfriend. I would rather call you the beautiful girl with whom I’ve shared the most beautiful memories. Happy birthday.
20) You may not smile at me any more, but at least you can smile at your phone when you read this. Happy birthday girl, I miss you.
21) From friends to exes to friends again, life comes a full circle. Happy birthday girl.
22) Sometimes, relationships fall apart so that friendships can start. Happy birthday!
23) Missing you, sometimes makes me teary-eyed. But I have come to realize that we both just weren’t meant to be. After all this time a light at the end of heartbreak’s darkness, I can finally see. Happy birthday.
24) I still love you, it is a fact that I won’t try to hide. But I’ve come to realize that we both just weren’t meant to be… that too is a fact that I can now see. Happy birthday.
25) I hope you are smiling, I hope you are laughing. Yes, we share a complicated past but on your birthday, I just wanted you to know that I wish well for you. Happy birthday!
26) No amount of heartbreak can change the fact that you were once the girl whose kisses I starved for and I was once the boy whose hug you longed for. Happy birthday.
27) Your birthday is perfect moment to say, that I loved you then and I love you now. Regardless of the heartbreak, thinking of the memories always makes my heart go WOW. I forgive you girl, Happy birthday.
28) I may have forgotten you as a lover, but I will always remember you as a friend. Happy birthday.
29) Although wishing my ex-girlfriend on her birthday seems a bit strange, I don’t ever remember having any malicious intentions towards you – which is never going to change. Happy birthday.
30) I will never call you my ex and cross you out of my life. You were, are and will always remain my friend. Happy birthday.
31) Wishing an ex-girlfriend on her birthday is something that I never thought I would do, but I just couldn’t help it when it was a person as sweet as you. Happy birthday.
32) I am not wishing you today just because I got a reminder on Facebook. I am wishing you because I am glad that you were once a part of my life. Happy birthday.
33) If birthdays are all about starting fresh and welcoming change, here’s saying goodbye to memories of a sour relationship and welcome a new friendship. Happy birthday.
34) Our relationship was like a romantic movie except that we had a bad script. Doesn’t stop us from being friends does it? Happy birthday!
35) If I wouldn’t wish you on your birthday, it would be an insult to all the precious moments that we have shared in our lives. Happy birthday.
36) Never in my life, have I been through so much. Never have I experienced, a heartbreak such. Never in my life, have I felt so much pain. I tried moving on, but kept falling again and again. But through this all I have finally found the will power, to realize that nothing lasts forever. Happy birthday.
37) Whenever I see your updates on Facebook, I can’t help but take another look. Whenever I read your rants on Twitter, it makes me smile and feel better. Whenever I see your selfies on Instagram, the vibes are sweeter than jam. As you can see I am still hooked to you, coz my love was always so true. Happy birthday.
38) You may by my ex-girlfriend but that doesn’t mean I have lost the right of sending you a text on your special day. Happy birthday.
39) Is it crazy that we’re still friends? Nope. We’re just mature enough to realize that we were never meant to be. Happy birthday girl.
40) All this time I tried to move on, only to realize that I still wanted to be friends with someone who I’ve barred my soul to. Happy birthday.
Are you looking for inspiring broken heart quotes to lift you up after a “I wish I were a little girl again because skinned knees are easier to fix.