Best birthday wishes for friend with some inspiring and funny friend birthday messages which are too cool to make your friend happy on his/her birthday.
It can be hard to find exactly the words to say to your best friend on their birthday. So instead of just saying happy birthday best friend, use my list of happy birthday wishes to help you brainstorm!
There’s plenty of birthday wishes for your best friend to chose from. So whether you are looking for something sentimental, funny, weird, casual, or something in between; I’ve got you covered.
1. My birthday wish for you: I hope you never stop enjoying the small things in life. Because that’s what makes life worth living. I hope you take time to enjoy the present while working for a better future. I hope your year is full of memories, happiness, and adventure.
2. You’re older than you’ve been. But look on the bright side, you’re younger now than you’ll ever be!
3. I hope your birthday is as sweet as the cake. And the year to follow is filled with as much joy as you bring your friends!
4. May your birthday be amazingly awesome and your hangover be mercifully minor.
5. The more you live, the younger you become. Maybe that’s why you look so good for your age!
6. Be who you are, because who you are is amazing. Happy birthday to my best friend!
7. Woohoo! Cake, booze, and partying! Oops… I mean… happy birthday!
8. There’s no way that your birthday can be as happy as you make me. But I hope it’s close!
9. Through thick and thin, you were always there for me. Just know that I’ll always be there for you when you need me.
10. There are friends and then there are best friends, happy birthday to the best friend I could have asked for!
11. The best gift is the gift of friendship. So, that is what I got you for your birthday! Don’t worry… I got you a real present too.
12. It’s your birthday! Which means it’s a great excuse to make some bad decisions, let’s party it up!
13. Best friends are the friends who keep your embarrassing secrets private. Thank you for always keeping my less than proud moments under wraps.
14. Hey it’s your birthday and I just wanted to let you know that you’ll never have to face a problem alone. I may not be able to solve every problem but I’ll always be here for you when you need me.
15. When I think back to all the things we’ve been through, I’m so thankful that I got to go through everything with you by my side. Happy birthday to my best friend who never let me go it alone.
16. Hey you! It’s your birthday! Cake! Candles! Drinks! Presents! More drinks! Can you tell I’m excited?
17. I love it when it’s your birthday, because it means we have a great excuse to go out and have some fun! Let’s go celebrate!
18. You’ll never have to walk the world alone. As long as my heart beats, you’ll have me.
19. As long as I have a couch, you’ll have a couch to crash on. No matter what happens. You’ll always have a place if you need it.
20. What is a friend? You. You is a friend. You is my best friend. Best friend is have birthday. Happy birthday.
21. Happy birthday to my best friend. I hope it is filled with awesomeness!
22. Perfect birthday? Good food, good drinks, great friends, and lots of birthday presents and wishes!
23. It’s your day! But leave it in the capable hands of your best friends. We’ll treat you right!
24. If your birthday is half as amazing as you are, it’s going to be epic. Happy birthday to the best friend a person could ask for!
25. I hope you have a very hoppy birthday. Full of beers and cheers!
26. Best friends are like farts. Some are quiet. Some are loud. They embarrass you in public. They make you feel good. And they make you laugh.
27. For your birthday I got you hugs, kisses, and birthday wishes! Plus, dinner is on me!
28. Sure, you’re a year older, but we’ve got a lot more years of shenanigans ahead of us. When we’re in the old folks home we’ll still be causing trouble!
29. How old are you?! Nah, you don’t look a day over amazing.
30. Birthdays are like your own personal Christmas! Merry birthday to my best friend!
31. You aren’t getting older. You’re gaining XP. And it isn’t a birthday party. It’s a level up party!
32. My best friend is sweeter than cake, more colorful than confetti, and hotter than a candle. And it’s her birthday. Happy birthday!
33. When I first met you, I had no idea how important you would be to me. Happy birthday to my best friend in the world.
34. Best friends are like presents. You are always happy to see them. Happy birthday to the best present that life has given me.
35. You’re not just my best friend. You’re my sister. You may not have been born my sister, but we are family and we’ll always be family.
36. It’s not the number of friends. It’s the quality of them. Thanks for being the best of the best. I hope you have a wonderful birthday!
37. Life’s too short to spend it with people you don’t love. That’s why I hang out with you so much. Happy birthday!
38. It’s your birthday, but let’s not focus on the number of years gone by. Let’s look forward to the years to come! I’m planning on having a lot of fun in the coming years with my best friend!
39. It’s your birthday. You can dance if you want to. You can leave your cares behind. And if you need a dance partner, count me in!
40. You are smart, caring, funny, and a joy to be around. You remind me of myself! Happy birthday!
41. Forget your age and live the life your inner child wants to live!
42. Like Chili Davis said: Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. Happy birthday to my best friend, I hope you never grow up!
43. On your birthday, I just wanted to let you know that you are an amazing friend. Every life you touch, you make better.
44. Hey! It’s your birthday. Which means it’s time to put on that crown. You are a queen today and we are your loyal subjects. What mischief would her majesty like to get into?
45. Most of my best memories have you in them. Thank you for being such a great friend and walking beside me on this journey called life.
46. Today is your birthday. It’s the day we celebrate how ridiculously awesome you are!
47. Soooo I forgot, which one of us is supposed to be the bad influence? Doesn’t matter. It’s your birthday. We can both be!
48. You’ve been my own personal cheer leader, my therapist, and my voice of reason. But most importantly, you are my best friend. Happy birthday. You are amazing!
49. I love having someone in my life that I don’t have to be an adult around. Thank you so much for bringing out the kid in me. I hope you have a joyful birthday!
50. I don’t know what I would do without a great friend like you. Happy birthday to my best friend!
51. A best friend is someone who makes you feel comfortable being who you really are. Thanks for putting up with my craziness all these years!
52. To my best friend, I wish you all the happiness in the world in the coming year. I hope your birthday is the best and the days after it are even better.
53. Hanging out with you is always a blast and even more so on your birthday! So, let’s go out and make your birthday special!
54. Since it’s your birthday, I just wanted to let you know, you are my best friend. The very best friend I’ve ever had. I’m so glad you came into my life.
55. When we hang out, it’s like the world is a little brighter. Thanks for always making my world much better. I hope your birthday is as wonderful as you are.
56. To my best friend, I wish you the best birthday ever!
57. Hey best friend. It’s your birthday. And you need to know that you rock. Thanks for being awesome.
58. Whenever you feel down or think just can’t do something, just imagine me giving you a gigantic high five with a ridiculous look on my face. That should help. In the meantime though, happy birthday!
59. Best friends must walk a fine line between stopping their friend from making big bad decisions and encouraging them to make small bad decisions that are a lot of fun. And no one does it better than my partner in crime.
60. Friends are like family that we get to choose. I’m glad I made such a good choice!
61. Happy birthday to my adventure buddy. I hope this coming year will be filled with many more fun adventures together!
62. Friendships are like trees. You must water them for them to grow. So, let’s order some drinks!
63. You’ll be my best friend forever! …… Because you already know too much.
64. Here’s to all the inside jokes, all the stupid things we’ve done together, all the memories we’ve shared. May the years to come be filled with many more.
65. I probably wouldn’t fight a tiger for you or a lion. But I would definitely shoo a cat that was giving you the stink eye! Happy birthday to the friend that I would do almost anything for.
66. Thank you for accepting me for who I am and always encouraging me to be the person I should be.
67. Thanks for being weird with me. You are the best!
68. If you ever kill someone, call me first. I’ll help you get rid of the body. That’s your birthday present my friend, one free body disposal. The second time it happens, I’ll have to charge.
69. There are a lot of people who know a lot of my stories. But you were there to help me create all those great stories!
70. Happy birthday to my best friend. We are getting older, but we still have fun. In fact, we’ll probably be up to same shenanigans when we are in an old folks home together!
71. Time can change a lot but it will never change how much I care for you, my best friend.
72. Happy birthday to my best friend and part time therapist. Thanks for always listening to my problems and trying to help!
73. Hey, you’re weird. But it’s okay because I’m weird too. I’m so glad we get to be weird together.
74. Your problems are my problems. And I celebrate your successes like they were my own. I’ve always got your back. No matter what.
75. Thank you for always helping me live life to the fullest. I couldn’t ask for a better friend than you!
76. I don’t care about having lots of friends. I only care about have great friends. Like you!
77. I’ve seen you at your best and I’ve seen you at your darkest. And I still think you are one of the most amazing people I’ve ever met.
78. I’ve had a lot of half-ass friends in my life. That’s why I’m so happy I found a whole-ass friend!
79. Happy birthday to the person who always says yes to my crazy ideas! My life wouldn’t be nearly as fun without my best friend in it!
80. I’ve got lots of friends who make me laugh, but only you make me laugh so hard I snort. I’m so lucky to have you as my best friend. I hope your birthday is as fun as you are!
81. Thank you for always being there to save me from my dumb mistakes. I almost feel bad how many times you bailed me out. But because you are so thoughtful, you make just as many dumb mistakes as I do so I can bail you out and don’t have to feel bad!
82. Hey I just wanted to you to know that whenever you have a crazy idea, my only question will be: “What time?”
83. You make the most boring activities fun, you make the most serious situations hilarious, you make my world a better place.
84. My best friend has the most amazing, wonderful, humble, and all around just fantastic best friend! Happy birthday from your best friend!
85. For your birthday, here is my promise to you. If you yell Marco and I’m in earshot, I will always yell Polo. Because that’s what best friends do.
86. As long as you are my friend, you’ll never have to do silly stuff alone. Have a wonderful birthday and if you do anything ridiculous I’ll be right next to you doing the same thing.
87. I know I’m not always a perfect friend. But I’ll always be a loyal friend. I hope your birthday is as amazing as you are.
88. Whenever we hang out I feel like I’m home. Thank you for being such an amazing friend all these years.
89. When we became friends, you didn’t know what you were getting into. But now that we are best friends you are stuck with me. Mwhahahaha… I mean happy birthday!
90. Sure, no one else finds our antics amusing. But we do and that’s what is important! Happy birthday to my partner in crime.
91. Life’s a road and I’m glad to have you next to me on the journey. Through thick and thin, let’s get to our destination together.
92. It’s your birthday. Let’s do something stupid together.
93. I’d follow you through hell and back. But after we get done with that, I get to plan the next road trip. Happy birthday to my best and craziest friend.
94. Having lots of friends is great, but life just wouldn’t be the same without a best friend to share everything with. Thank you for being the such an amazing friend.
95. If they made a movie about our friendship, I’m not sure if anyone would watch it. But it would be my new favorite movie. Happy birthday to my best friend, you’ll always be a movie star in my eyes!
96. No matter how long we are apart, when we get back to together it’s always just like old times.
97. I don’t know how you put up with me, but I’m so glad you do!
98. When things are bad, let me know I’ll try to make them better. When things are going great, let me know I’ll celebrate with you. Middle of the night or middle of the day, I’ll always be there for you.
99. It’s my best friends’ birthday! Let’s make some fun mistakes!
100. I love it how we finish each other’s…. So, for your birthday I just want to say….
101. If you decided to become a hermit and live out in the middle of nowhere, I’d still visit you. Probably not often, but I’d come, and I’d bring booze.
102. Friends are the people who do all the weird things that you thought no one else did. Thanks for being weird like me. Happy birthday!
103. It’s hard to shop for a birthday present for someone who has everything. I mean you already have the best gift of all, a great best friend!
104. It’s your birthday, let’s get you all liquored up so you’ll do something embarrassing I can tease you about it later! Isn’t that what best friends are for?
105. We are different in a lot of ways, but that’s what makes us such good friends. Puzzle pieces need to be different to fit together! Happy birthday to my favorite corner piece.
106. When it comes to friends, like Al Capone said, it’s better to have four quarters than a hundred pennies. Happy birthday to my favorite quarter!
107. If you could rate friends, I’d only give you 1 star. That way I could have you all to myself! Happy birthday from the only best friend you’re allowed to have.
108. Great friends are like jeans. When you find one that fits perfectly, keep them forever. Happy birthday to the greatest friend, I hope I don’t ever wear you out!
109. Friends come and go, but best friends are the ones who stick around. I look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with you!
110. To my best friend, I hope for all the fun and happiness you could ask for on your birthday and for the days to come!
111. I know this past year was a rough one. But I’m sure the coming year will be your best yet! Happy birthday, this is the year that everything will go right, I can feel it!
112. My best friend deserves the best birthday. But I don’t have the funds for the best birthday ever, but just know you deserve it!
113. Did you know in some countries it’s customary for the person having the birthday to pay for all the drinks? Good thing you don’t live there. Drinks are on me tonight!
114. Happy birthday to my amazing, cool, hilarious, best friend. There’s no one else I would rather spend the day with!
115. Hey, thanks for being you. You are one of a kind and my best friend. Happy birthday and keep being awesome.
116. Attention, this is a message from the best friend broadcasting service. It is your birthday. Hooray. Thank you for your attention. You may now continue being your awesome self.
117. Well, one year older. The years fly by. There are so many the things we’ve done and seen. Time seems to slip away, but some of the best times have been spent with you.
118. You’ve been such a wonderful friend. I couldn’t ask for a better friend than you! Happy birthday, I hope your birthday is as amazing as you are!
119. Best friends are there in good times and bad. Through the sun and the storms. Best friends like you make the bad times tolerable and the good time even better!
120. Friends are like trees, the older they get the more beautiful they are!
121. It’s so wonderful having such a great friend to grow older with. And let’s face it, the older we get the better we get!
122. It’s your birthday, now you can bask in the glow of all those birthday candles on your cake!
123. Happy birthday to the friend I can always count on to like all my photos and posts. Thanks for always making me look cooler than I am!
124. My dearest friend I hope all your wishes come true on your birthday.
125. When I’m with you I have more fun than when I’m with anyone else!
126. Whether we are out causing trouble or just relaxing on the couch in our pajamas, we always have fun. So I know on your birthday we are going to have a blast!
127. Hey bestie, you sometimes you need to be reminded of how great you are. Happy birthday to my awesome best friend!
128. We are so loud when we hang out we must annoy everyone around us, but I wouldn’t have it any other way!
129. Happy birthday to my brother from another mother!
130. Best friends are like chips and salsa, syrup and pancakes, cake and icing, they work so well together and just aren’t the same without each other! Now let’s enjoy some of that cake and icing!
131. Why are you my friend? It’s not one thing, it’s the thousands of little things that you do. It’s the hundreds of inside jokes. It’s the road trips. It’s the late-night talks. It’s you being you.
132. Friendship. F is for fun. R is for really fun. I is for ummm I don’t know. Forget it, let’s go grab some drinks and have fun for your birthday!
133. Happy birthday to my best friend. You are better than a life sized majestic chocolate statue of a unicorn. That’s how amazing you are.
134. Even when we do nothing together, I still have a wonderful time. I love that. Happy birthday to the best friend I’ve ever had.
135. Thank you so much for being there whenever I need you, no matter what. You are a true friend. And to my best of friends, I want to wish you the happiest of birthdays. And I believe this next year will be your best yet!
136. Happy birthday! If anyone messes with you on your special day, just let me know. I’ll punch them right in their stupid face. Just one of the many benefits of having an awesome best friend like me!
137. If you fall, I’ll be there to pick you up again. Right after I stop laughing. Happy birthday!
138. I hope your birthday is so amazing you never forget it or that it is so amazing you can’t remember it. Either way, happy birthday!
139. It’s your birthday! I would say let’s go out have fun and act like idiots. But that’s what we do every time we hang out! Here’s to the greatest best friend there ever was.
140. For your birthday, I just wanted to remind you, I’m always here if you need me. On the weekend or on a week day, 24/7. If you call at 4am, I’ll pick up. Here’s to you bestie, I hope your special day is amazing!
141. If you get arrested on your birthday, I won’t be able to bail you out. Because I’ll be right next to you.
142. You make me laugh harder than anyone else. You’ve made me laugh so hard I peed myself. You are my best friend and always will be. I hope your birthday is as wonderful as you are!
143. It’s your birthday. I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you … that you’ll never have to do anything stupid alone.
144. As your best friend, it is my job to embarrass you. But it’s your birthday, so I’ll give you a break… until 12am.
145. Happy birthday to my best friend in the world. And since I’m not tight with any aliens or astronauts, I guess you’re my best friend in the whole universe!
146. I don’t have to tell you how awesome you are or how great of a friend you are. But it’s your birthday, so I will. You are the best!
147. Happy birthday to the friend who makes my family question my sexuality.
148. If I had to be stuck on a deserted island with only person, it would be you. Sure, you might not be a survival expert, but at least you’d make desperately trying to avoid death fun!
149. Sometimes it’s a mystery why we choose certain people to be our friends. But with you it’s obvious. You are an amazing person. And I hope you have an amazing birthday!
150. You’ll get lots of happy birthday wishes today. But who wishes you the happiest of happy birthday wishes? Me. That’s who.
151. So, as you know, I’m not exactly rolling in money. So, your gift isn’t the best. But that doesn’t mean I don’t think you are the best. You are! I just can’t afford the birthday gift you deserve.
Looking for more happy birthday friend images?
Happy birthday dad wishes – Tell your dad how much he means to you on his birthday!
Happy birthday cousin – Need some birthday wishes for your cousin? We’ve definitely got you covered!
Happy birthday sister – We’ve got all the birthday wishes you could ever want for your sister, and plenty more!
Filed Under: birthday wishes
Here are the best quotes for birthday, but especially for your best friend and bestie. we have collected over Have a nice time picking up the best wish. Have fun. 3. When nothing goes right, i go to you. You're my go to person at every hour.
1. “Two older men sit on a park bench. One says, “Joe, I’m 84 years old, and I have nothing but aches and pains. How do you feel?” Joe says, “I feel like a newborn babe!” “Really, a newborn babe?” “Yes! I have no teeth, no hair, and I think I might’ve wet my pants!” Happy birthday!”
2. “Listen, I hate to be the one to do this, but you need to get your birthday habit under control. It’s been scientifically proven that too many birthdays will, in fact, kill you. So give it a rest will you?”
3. “Happy birthday! Want to feel young and thin again? Let’s go hang out with a bunch of old and fat people.”
4. “Happy birthday! You know you’re getting old when you never walk past a bathroom without saying “well, I’m here already – I may as well pee.””
5. “You know what they say: it’s better to be over the hill than buried 6 feet underneath it. Happy birthday!”
6. “On your birthday I’m going to share the secret to staying young: lying about your age.”
7. “Smile – today is your birthday. Be happy and remember that things could be worse. Just think about what you’ll be like in ten years – yikes!”
8. “Happy birthday! Congrats on joining the 28-years-old-forever club. We have millions of members all over the world.”
9. “Congratulations on finally reaching the snapdragon phase of your life: one part of you has snapped, and the other part of you is dragging. Happy birthday!”
10. “Happy birthday! They say that age is just a number. Yea right – and jail is just a room!”
11. “Don’t be bummed about your birthday! You know what they say: it’s better to be a year older than to be one month late. Happy birthday!”
12. “Happy birthday! Today, I would advise you to be nice to your kids. Remember, the older you get, the closer you get to having them choose a nursing home.”
13. “Wait – you’re how old today? You’re so lucky you’re not a dog. They would have put you down by now. Oh, well! Happy birthday!”
14. “Congratulations! You only look one year older than you did on your last birthday.”
15. “Happy birthday! May you live to be so old, people start wondering if you’re the walking dead.”
16. “Here’s to you on your birthday! May you live to be so old, you sincerely wish you were dead.”
17. “Happy birthday! Don’t let a 27-year old Olympic gold medal winner make you feel like a failure on your birthday.”
18. “Happy birthday. I’m so sorry you’ve reached an age where pop culture marketers are no longer targeting you.”
19. “It’s a special day – your birthday! Let’s go out and celebrate you being one year closer to removing your age from your Facebook profile.”
20. “Happy birthday! Congrats on reaching an age that makes your receding hairline seem appropriate.”
21. “Forgetting your birthday was merely an April Fool’s Joke. Unless, of course, I did remember it, in which case – please disregard this message. Happy birthday!”
22. “I wish you a very happy birthday! Just please remember to tell me how old you’re pretending to be, so we can keep up the charade.”
23. “Happy birthday to a person whose age now makes them cry even more than the day they came into this world.”
24. “Happy birthday to someone who is now taking drugs on their birthday for serious medical reasons.”
25. “I’m so sorry for sending you belated birthday wishes. Honestly, I didn’t think you would live this long. Happy birthday!”
26. “Happy birthday! I sincerely hope that you don’t take this early birthday message as a sign that you might not make it.”
27. “On your birthday, remember this: age is only a number that represents how attractive, happy and able-bodied you are. Really, it’s nothing to get worked up over. Happy birthday!”
28. “Wishes may come and go, but age always sticks with you. Happy birthday!”
29. “I believe you forgot my birthday present last year. I’m returning the favor this year. I’m afraid a Happy Birthday is all you’re going to get.”
30. “Happy summer birthday! Get out and enjoy it while you’re still young enough to not fall into the “high risk” category for heat stroke death.”
31. “Happy birthday! You’re how old? Oh man – that’s like, dead in dog years.”
32. “I would be so much more into your birthday if it were my birthday.”
33. “You know, I would be a whole lot more excited about you turning one year older if I was in your will. Happy birthday!”
34. “Happy birthday! Let’s celebrate the anniversary of your clever escape from the womb.”
35. “As you get older, there are three important things that happen. First, you lose your mind. I can’t remember the other two. Happy birthday!”
36. “Happy birthday! Remember this today: if you lick all the frosting off a cupcake, it becomes a muffin – and muffins are healthy.”
37. “Happy birthday! After seeing all the candles on your cake, I seriously hope that you topped off your fire insurance.”
38. “Happy birthday to the one person I hope is still around when the iPhone 547 comes out.”
39. “A “few” years ago, you were smart, handsome and young. Today, you’re just an old fart. Happy birthday!”
40. “Happy birthday! May the number of candles outnumber your gray hairs.”
41. “Wishing a happy birthday to someone who should probably start worrying about what the government is saying about Medicare.”
42. “I know you received so many birthday wishes yesterday, but who’s here with you today? That’s right! Me.”
43. “Congratulations on being born a really long time ago.”
44. “You know, they say that age is really all in the mind. The key is to prevent it from trickling down into your body. Happy birthday!”
45. “Experts say that people lose their minds when they get old. What they forget to mention is that you really won’t miss it. Happy birthday!”
46. “Happy birthday! You know you’re old when the candles start costing more than the cake.”
47. “On your birthday, I want you to remember that you are only as old as you feel. But you’ll still always be older than me. Happy birthday!”
48. “Happy birthday. It’s official – you can now begin your quarter-life crisis.”
49. “It’s your birthday today, and I’m once again reminded how old I’m getting. Oh well – enjoy your day!”
50. “Today, you turn 29! I promise to stop counting the years after this one. Happy birthday.”
51. “Happy birthday to someone who is old enough to have had a Blockbuster card.”
52. “I hope that your birthday is the best it can possibly be for someone who can barely function in society.”
53. “Happy birthday!! You only look as old as the last selfie you took.”
54. “Happy birthday, babe! We’re such a great match because you hate celebrating your birthday, and I’m just too darn lazy to plan anything.”
55. “Happy birthday to someone we’ll never have to say “died too young”.”
56. “Wishing you a very happy birthday. You don’t look a day over whatever age you were just a few years ago.”
57. “Happy birthday! Let’s go see Jurassic World. It’ll make you feel less like a dinosaur.”
58. “I was going to send you a paper card, but my Internet connection came back just in time for me to send you his message.”
59. “Happy birthday to someone who has attended more birthday parties for kids than adults this year.”
60. “Happy birthday! We’re so glad we can count you among the living for another year.”
61. “Happy birthday weekend! You’re so lucky that you don’t have to endure an office birthday party.”
62. “It’s your birthday – a time for celebration. You’ve now reached an age where you can use the candles on your cake to light up your entire home. Happy birthday!”
63. “Happy birthday to someone who’s age has finally surpassed their number of Twitter followers.”
64. “I’m sending this birthday wish to someone who is now too old to sit through a whole movie without having to get up to use the bathroom.”
65. “I hope your birthday is filled with happiness and joy. Oh, you’re spending it with your family? I’m sorry –truly.”
66. “For your birthday this year, I’m going to give you a piece of paper that might be worth $450 million – but is probably really worth nothing.”
67. “Happy birthday to someone who is so old and lonely, they could be the subject of a spooky Halloween ghost story.”
68. “Happy birthday! May you live to be so old, handicapped stalls become a necessity and not just a spacious place to do your business.”
69. “I hope that you live to be so old, your family members talk about you like you’re not even there. Happy birthday!”
70. “Hey – don’t stress about getting older. You’re still young enough to be a professional curler, and that’s saying something. Happy birthday!”
71. “Happy birthday! I would have bought you a present, but I didn’t think you wanted me to take money out of the alcohol budget.”
72. “Sending birthday wishes to someone who can still pass for a non-embarrassing age.”
73. “May you live long enough to be the direct cause of a Silver Alert. Happy birthday!”
74. “Happy birthday to someone I truly hope is not having a mid-life crisis.”
75. “Happy birthday to someone I hope realizes is way too old to go snowboarding or surfing.”
76. “Congratulations! You’re now so old, you’ll need performance-enhancing drugs just to ride a stationary bike. Happy birthday!”
77. “Wishing a happy birthday to someone who is old enough to have sent out birthday wishes on MySpace.”
78. “Happy birthday to someone who is almost old enough to die from the flu.”
79. “Happy birthday to a person so old, they use their smartphone to make an actual phone call.”
80. “Here’s to a special birthday! May you get so intoxicated, you forget how old you’re getting.”
81. “I hope your birthday is at least half as exciting as you portray it on Facebook and Instagram. Happy birthday!”
82. “Happy birthday! You’ve now reached an age where it’s no longer appropriate to claim you’re 29.”
83. “Happy birthday to the one person whose agelessness is incredibly irritating.”
84. “Happy birthday and congratulations on becoming that “old, weird” person at summer music festivals.”
85. “It’s your birthday – let’s over-celebrate!”
86. “Happy birthday, girl. I remember a time when you weren’t so disturbingly old.”
87. “Happy birthday to you – and your newest chin.”
88. “Happy birthday! I’m just here for some cake.”
89. “Hey there! Happy birthday! I was going to bake you a delicious rum cake, but I decided to go with a regular cake. Also, I’m really drunk.”
90. “Birthdays are nothing more than nature’s way of telling us to sit down and eat more cake! I’m so glad that today is your birthday, and I can eat – I mean, share – your cake.”
91. “Happy birthday, old man! You know, when I turned two, I panicked because in one year, I doubled my age. I thought, if I keep going this way, I’ll be 64 by the time I turn 5. Thank goodness things don’t work this way.”
92. “Happy birthday to someone who thought they would have it all together by the time they reached this age.”
93. “You look great birthday girl – considering your age. Happy birthday!”
94. “Happy birthday! Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me. I won’t tell anyone how old you really are.”
95. “They say that wisdom comes with age. That’s why you’re the wisest person I know. Happy birthday!”
96. “You know you’ve reached the old age when you back your car into the neighbor’s swimming pool from across the street and still believe that it was the car’s fault. You’re not quite there yet, but you’re close. Happy birthday!”
97. “As people get older, they gain the respect of the people around them. I just wanted to let you know that today, on your birthday, I have all the respect in the world for you.”
98. “On your birthday, we ask that you kindly act your age – not your shoe size. Thanks!”
99. “Happy birthday! This is the oldest I’ve ever seen you. Just wait until next year.”
100. “Happy belated birthday! I didn’t forget your birthday – I just forgot yesterday’s date!”
101. “Look, if you want me to remember your birthday, you’re going to have to start looking older. Happy birthday!”
102. “I really tried to send you something amazing for your birthday, but I couldn’t fit in any of the boxes at the post office. Happy birthday!”
103. “You may not be getting any younger, but at least you’re still younger than me. Happy birthday!”
104. “You know, when you think about it – a belated birthday wish is really just an extremely early birthday wish for next year. So technically, I’m already covered for next year. Happy birthday!”
105. “You are such a sweet, polite, honest and witty person. I hope you accept my birthday wishes and these white lies today!”
106. “I really hate to be the one to tell you this, but your wheelchair will be arriving tomorrow. Happy birthday!”
107. “Happy birthday. I’m not going to lie to you and tell you that you don’t look old. That’s what your relatives are for.”
108. “I know you really want to turn back the clock, but with the number of years you’ve racked up, I’m really not sure that’s even possible. Happy birthday anyway!”
109. “Happy birthday! I hope you don’t mind, but I re-wrapped the gift you gave me last year. You’re going to love it!”
110. “Happy birthday to someone who is officially so old, it’s creepy to watch teenage vampire movies.”
111. “I wanted to wish you a happy birthday today and let you know that I truly do look forward to honoring your request of not getting you a gift this year.”
112. “Happy birthday! I just wanted to let you know that I picked out your coffin on the way here.”
113. “Congrats – you’re officially too old to go to rock concerts. Happy birthday!”
114. “Happy birthday. By the time you reach the next “new 40”, you’ll already be dead.”
115. “Hey, happy 29th birthday – again. For the 20th”
116. “Now you know you’re getting old when you can’t even remember how old you are. Happy birthday!”
117. “I had plans to put an awesome, gorgeous present in your cake, but honestly, I didn’t want to get frosting in my hair. Happy birthday!”
118. “Happy birthday! It’s great to be healthy, young and filled with so much energy. Can you even remember what that was like?”
119. “Alright, you can light the candles on your birthday cake now. I’ve alerted the fire department. Happy birthday!”
120. “You’re at that age where you’re old enough to know better, but you’re still young enough to do it anyway. Happy birthday and enjoy!”
121. “Today, it’s important to smile and laugh as much as you can. You don’t know how much longer you’ll have teeth! Happy birthday!”
122. “Happy birthday! I wish you many more candles, and for a cake that’s big enough to fit them all.”
123. “You’re so special, your birthday should be a national holiday. I would be happy to volunteer as the first person to take a day off of work in your honor. Happy birthday!”
124. “Happy birthday! Never let anyone tell you that you’re old – especially if you can actually hear them say it without even having to read their lips.”
125. “Happy birthday! Today, we add another candle to your cake, and your doctor will add another prescription to your arsenal of medication.”
126. “It’s normal to ponder your life’s purpose and to have a personal crisis on your birthday. At least you get to be normal one day out of the year. Happy birthday!”
127. “I try to give people birthday cards that match their age. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get my hands on a stone tablet or some ancient papyrus. This modern greeting will have to do. Happy birthday!”
128. “On your birthday, I want you to remember that it’s not this day that makes you old; it’s the 364 other days in the year. Happy birthday!”
129. “Just this morning I was wishing that you were one year older today. Look at that – my wish came true! Happy birthday!”
130. “On your birthday, I wish you enough air to blow out all of your candles. Happy birthday!”
131. “Happy birthday! Let’s make a deal – I’ll keep the presents, and you keep the age and cake. Come on! It’s a good deal.”
132. “Happy, happy birthday! I hope you enjoy those senior citizen discounts. You truly do deserve them.”
133. “Don’t be depressed about getting old. It sure beats the alternative. Happy birthday!”
134. “Happy birthday to a person that is smart, funny, witty, attractive and reminds me a lot of myself. :)”
135. “You know you’re getting old when the only thing you want on your birthday is not to be reminded of it. Happy birthday!”
136. “Happy birthday! No, you’re not getting older. You’re just collecting wrinkles.”
137. “I have some good news and some bad news on your birthday. The good news is that you’re one year older and so much wiser. The bad news? The hangover isn’t going to be any better this year, so please make the most of it! Happy birthday!”
138. “Happy birthday! I got you a pair of sunglasses this year, so you can protect your eyes from the blinding light of all these candles.”
139. “Happy birthday! Not sure if you’re old yet? If you need the kids to help you blow out the candles, you’re definitely over the hill.”
140. “You know, you’re a really hard person to buy gifts for. After searching far and wide, I realized that there’s no greater gift than my presence. That’s my present to you – my presence. Get it? Happy birthday!”
141. “I hope your birthday’s a great one! Just stay away from the karaoke machine, and everyone will have a good time.”
142. “At your age, there’s nothing funny about birthdays. So let’s share a drink and celebrate the times when you were a young spring chicken! Happy birthday!”
143. “Congratulations! There are so many candles on your birthday cake – NASA can see it from space.”
144. “On your birthday, I hope you choose not to resist temptation. The older you get, the more temptation starts avoiding you, so enjoy the sweeter things in life while you still can. Happy birthday!”
145. “Happy birthday! Today is the perfect day to forget all about your cares – and the fact that I didn’t get you a birthday gift.”
146. “When your birthdays start coming more often than you do, you know you have something to worry about. Happy birthday!”
147. “It’s your birthday, so you’re free to cry if you want to. But please don’t. That wouldn’t be much fun for the rest of us. We’d rather you have a few drinks and do something stupid and indecent. Happy birthday!”
148. “If I were you, I’d be concerned about my birthday. This year, you’ll probably need a flame thrower to light all of those candles. Happy birthday! Stay safe.”
149. “Wishing a happy birthday to someone who is wiser, more mature and could care less about material things. That’s why I know you won’t be upset about my lack of a birthday present.”
150. “Birthdays are really a double-edged sword. Sure, they bring parties and good times. But they also bring wrinkles and saggy bits. Happy birthday!”
151. “Time may be a wonderful healer, but it’s a terrible beautician. Oh well! Happy birthday.”
152. “Sending you lots of love and laughter on your birthday. Just don’t try too hard to blow out your birthday candles this year. You may lose your dentures!”
153. “Happy birthday! Counting your wrinkles is like trying to count the stars in the sky.”
154. “Happy birthday to someone I’m happy to share a cake with! Too bad you won’t be having any.”
155. “Wishing a happy birthday to someone I can only assume was still around when America relied on bayonets and horses.”
156. “Happy birthday! Just 364 more days until you have to endure another barrage of birthday wishes.”
157. “Happy birthday. You know, it would be a whole lot easier to get you the perfect gift if you’d just buy one yourself.”
158. “Happy birthday to a rare breed of person that was delivered into this world without a status or update or tweet.”
159. “Happy birthday! I would bake you a cake if I knew how to use an oven.”
160. “It’s your birthday! You shouldn’t stop yourself from getting ridiculously intoxicated just because it’s a Monday.”
If you are fortunate enough to have a good friend or a best friend, then you have something that many people do not: a bond with another person that is truly unique and special. And if it is your friend’s birthday, then you’ll want to find just the right way to say happy birthday friend. Finding the perfect words for someone who has played such an important role in our life can be a challenge, but never fear, this collection of birthday wishes for friend and birthday wishes for best friend will help you do just that. We hope that you and your friend have the best birthday celebration together, and many more!
This compilation contains:
We truly hope you have enjoyed these birthday wishes, messages, greetings and quotes for friends and best friends.
For more, check out the source of these wishes and full collections at: birthday wishes for friend and happy birthday best friend.
REAL LIFE. REAL NEWS. REAL VOICES.
Help us tell more of the stories that matter from voices that too often remain unheard.
Join HuffPost Plus
This post was published on the now-closed HuffPost Contributor platform. Contributors control their own work and posted freely to our site. If you need to flag this entry as abusive, send us an email.
So, don't be afraid to age, it's the best prescription for long life! Happy birthday to a wonderful friend.
Another year older, another cake to eat!
You wake up one day and realize that this day is more special than other days ... it's your bestie's bday! So, obviously you have to blow up her Facebook and Instagram with all the best happy birthday quotes to get her feeling special the moment she wakes up.
Your best friend is one of the most special people in your life. She has been there with you for so many memories both good and bad.
You have had wild times getting into some fun trouble and being partners in crime. You have had amazing experiences maybe traveling or going through life stages together. And you have been supportive through all of the hard times that both of you have come by.
The bottom line is your best friend is so important to you and you want to show them that you always care.
You could bake them a cake. If it were my best friend I would want vanilla with buttercream frosting *cough cough*.
RELATED: The Perfect Birthday Present For The Friend Who Has Everything, Per Their Zodiac Sign
You could get them an awesome gift, maybe something she has been hinting at for a while. Or something sentimental that would make her smile. Or you could take her out, drinks, dinner all of that fun stuff.
It can be tough to celebrate your bestie's bday if you are far apart.
If you are in Philadelphia and your best friend lives in Boston it can be tough to get up there to see her if you both have busy schedules. But that doesn't mean you still can't do something special!
Sending her a quote or a message just to show that you care is a great way to just warm her heart. It doesn't have to be anything big or fancy to be special. You can just say a few small things and the rest will be taken care of.
If you are running out of funny, sweet or sentimental birthday wishes for your number one, look no further!
We have got a whole list of funny happy birthday quotes and wishes for you to share with your very best friend!
"Here's to another year of laughing until it hurts, dealing with stupid people and keeping each other moderately sane. Happy Birthday best friend!"
"You are my best friend, my human diary, and my other half. You mean the world to me and I love you"
"Birthdays come around every year, but friends like you only come once in a lifetime. I'm so glad you came into my life. Best wishes on your special day"
"Happy Birthday to my amazing, beautiful, and fabulous best friend"
Happy Birthday beautiful friend. May your day be as beautiful as you are"
"Happy Birthday. May each an every moment of your special day be filled with the same joy and happiness you bring to others."
"Every day you sparkle but today you rule! Happy Birthday"
"Happy Birthday. Live beautifully, love generously, laugh freely. Thanks for being a fantastic friend. I hope this year brings you the best that life has to offer"
"Happy Birthday to my irreplaceable friend"
"Happy Birthday to one of my best friends! Here's to laughing at our own jokes and keeping each other sane! Love ya"
RELATED: 100 Inspiring Quotes That Capture Your Wacky, Wonderful Friendships
"A big birthday hug for you!"
"Wishing my friend a beautiful day. Hopes and dreams I'm sending your way. May all be good and all come true on this very special day for you"
"Happy Birthday to my incredible friend. I hope the year ahead is full of reasons to celebrate"
"May you live to be so old that the mere site of you horrifies young children and ex-lovers."
"Fabulosity has no age. Happy Birthday, Girl!"
"Happy Birthday to my best friend. Without our conversations, my therapy bills would be outrageous."
"I wish for you tremendous love, luck and laughter. For today, tomorrow and for days thereafter. Have a wonderful birthday!"
"I hope your Birthday finds you this happy."
"Wishing you happiness to welcome each morning. Wishing you laughter to make your heart sing. Wishing you friendship sharing and caring. And all of the joy the birthday can bring"- Noble Diary
"Happy Birthday to my best friend. May we grow to be the hottest cougars around!"
RELATED: 11 Birthday Quotes From Old-Time Celebrities
"May your special day be sweet and spicy just like you, bestie!"
"Can't keep calm, it's my best friend's birthday"
"I treasure our friendship! Happy Birthday!"
"Happy Birthday. My partner in crime, my very best friend"
"Happy Birthday my friend! Today is a day to celebrate you, so make it special and surround yourself with everything that makes you feel like the star you are!"
"I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday and to let you know that you are not alone. Should you need someone to lean on, I will be here for you."
"A new year begins and it's like a movie. You are the director. Make it a good one. Happy Birthday"
"I will sing Happy Birthday to you so much you'll wish you'd never been born ... Happy Birthday!"
"Late in the evening, far, far away there is a glow beyond the horizon, and I know deep in my heart... It's your birthday cake"
"Knowing someone as fabulous as me should be the only present you need."
RELATED: These 15 Quotes Prove Getting Older Is Freaking Awesome
So, don't be afraid to age, it's the best prescription for long life! Happy birthday to a wonderful friend.