We've rounded up goodbye quotes to help make your goodbyes a little -Robert Southey; “True friends don't say good-bye, they just take.
It can be tricky knowing exactly what to write in a leaving card.
All too often there are the attempts to be funny that are just plain rude or far too many offerings of ‘all the best [insert name here]’ or ‘best wishes’.
Sometimes writing a quote or poem can be a unique touch, here are several ideas that might work well or help inspire your own personal message.
1) It’s sad to see you go, but you did have the best desk and I’ll look after it well
2) I’ve worked with many, many people in my career and I can honestly say that you’ve been one of them
3) This is not goodbye. I will still be watching you outside office hours.
4) Don’t worry – I won’t tell anyone it was you
1) Sorry you’re leaving, may your future be bright and your life full of good things
2) I’ve learned a lot working with you these past years. I know you’ll be successful in your new position. Thank you and farewell
3) I’m seriously going to miss you here. Best of luck in your new endeavor. See you soon
4) I’ve really enjoyed working with you. Good luck at your new job.
5) Wishing you the best in this next phase of your career. Congratulations, and best of luck
6) You can definitely look forward to new opportunities on the path ahead.
1) Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do – Pele
2) A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work – Colin Powell
3) That’s been one of my mantras – focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains – Steve Jobs
4) Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work – Thomas A. Edison
5) Let the beauty of what you love be what you do – Rumi
6) Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life – Confucius
7) We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid – Benjamin Franklin
8) Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work – Aristotle
9) I know of no single formula for success. But over the years I have observed that some attributes of leadership are universal and are often about finding ways of encouraging people to combine their efforts, their talents, their insights, their enthusiasm and their inspiration to work together – Queen Elizabeth II
10) All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today – Pope Paul VI
11) Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it – Henry Ford
1) May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
May the rain fall soft upon your field
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of his hand
2) A (colleague/co-worker) yes..but also a friend
I’ll miss you very much
My email address is [insert]
Please, please let’s keep in touch
3) You leave, oh well, I’ll say farewell
No matter where you are, Au Revoir
‘Til we meet again, Auf Wiedersehn
MORE: Eid Mubarak 2017: Poems, quotes, messages and greetings to wish someone happy Eid
MORE: Summer Solstice quotes and poems for the longest day of the year
Farewell card message quote for colleagues and co-workers. 6) Monthly 10) Having you as a partner at work was one of the best professional experiences in my career. Farewell. Warm farewell greeting card message for office colleagues.
Farewell Messages for Colleagues: Colleagues, team members and bosses who are more friends rather than mere co-workers deserve a special send off. A touching message, heartfelt goodbye quotes, plethora of funny jokes, inspirational farewell speeches, and greeting cards that celebrate their achievements in the office – there are just some of the things that are the order of the day when close colleagues leave. Whether it is resignation or retirement, make sure you let your colleagues know that their departure will be a big loss to you not just on a professional level in the office but also on a personal too. Make sure that their farewell party is rife with funny banter, smiles and laughter so that they leave with nothing but memories they’ll hold close to their hearts.
1) I like the feeling of finding it difficult to say goodbye to someone because it only means that I have found a true friend. Farewell.
2) It is hard to say goodbye to a colleague who has been less of a co-worker and more of a friend. I will miss you and I am sad that the joyride of working with you has to come to an end. Farewell.
3) The cold meeting room walls will now feel colder without the warmth of a helpful and considerate colleague like you. Farewell.
4) NEVER in my life have I EVER thought that I would want to work with a colleague FOREVER – until I started working with YOU. Farewell, I will miss you.
5) Having awesome colleagues is a bad habit, because it’ll be impossible to work with someone else now that you’re leaving. Goodbye.
6) Monthly targets and performance appraisals will come and go, but the memories of working with a colleague like you will stay in my forever. Farewell.
7) I want to hunt down the head hunter who hunted you and tell him that he has scored his best hunt ever. Farewell.
8) We are definitely worried about how the performance of our team will decrease when a colleague like you leaves. But what’s more important, is that your absence will make all our hearts grieve. Goodbye.
9) I know that you are going to get an awesome salary in your new job but there is no guarantee that you will get awesome colleagues like us too. Do you still want to go? Farewell.
10) Having you as a partner at work was one of the best professional experiences in my career. Farewell.
11) Your resignation is a cruel reminder that all good things in life must come to an end. You may have stopped being a colleague, but you’ll always remain my friend. Farewell.
12) Now that you are leaving, miscellaneous expenses of the company will decrease, productivity will increase, deadlines will be met and efficiency will spike. On a serious note, the exact opposite will happen. Farewell.
13) I will now have to make an addition to the family pictures on my office desk – YOU, because you have always been more like family and less like a co-worker. Farewell.
14) You were my best critic, honest friend, reliable teammate and dependable colleague. Farewell and keep in touch.
15) Your resignation may have left a small empty cubicle in the office but your departure has left a large empty space in my heart. Congratulations for finding a new job, we will miss you.
16) To our dearest colleague… you decided to move to greener pastures, but your departure will leave our grounds barren and dry. Farewell.
17) Farewell, to the man whose word we trusted more than operating procedures, checklists and manuals. Your knowledge and experience was always beyond par.
18) Without your help and never-ending support, I don’t know how I will be able to hold fort. Without your cheerful smile and motivational notes, I will have to depend on inspirational videos and quotes. Farewell.
19) It was a pleasure being your boss, because you sent all my worries for a toss. As you leave I want to lay my heart bare, to tell you that employees like you are really rare. Goodbye.
20) Your resignation is the biggest loss that our company has suffered this fiscal. We all wish farewell to the employee who was a profit driving machine and a friend so special.
21) As a colleague, you are a shield that protects us from the boss’ rants and a weapon that helps us in our war with monthly targets. Farewell.
22) Without a fun-loving co-worker like you, our after work drinks will turn sober, quiet and slightly more sophisticated. Farewell buddy, we will miss you.
23) Coming to work every day and not seeing your chirpy face will be a painful anguish. But the fun memories we’ve shared at work will never diminish. Farewell.
24) I know that quitting this job has been one of the BEST decisions of your life but just so you know, it will have the WORST impact on your colleagues. While you are set to GAIN a better position, we are set to LOSE a terrific comrade. Farewell.
25) On the outside, I may be smiling while I wish you farewell. But on the inside, I am desperately praying that you will quit your new job and come back to work with us again. Farewell.
26) Because we are in the office, I may not let tears out of my eyes. But I want you to know, that my heart will silently weep and cry. Farewell.
27) I would envy you for your new job, but right now I am just shocked and sad to know that you are leaving. Farewell to the colleague to made lunch breaks awesome and added life to dull team meetings.
28) If I had to play a final prank on you before bidding you farewell, I would tie your legs to your cubicle when you aren’t looking so that you can never leave us. Goodbye.
29) You will go away but your morals, ethics and advice will always stay with us. Thanks for being such an inspirational colleague.
30) We were planning to throw you an amazing party next month and shower you heaps of gifts… but now that you’re leaving that’s not going to happen. So let us know if you change your mind. Farewell.
31) With your resignation your employment in this company may finish, but the sweet memories of working with you will never diminish. Goodbye and farewell.
32) Today our team is going to lose its sense of humor and its heart beat. Farewell to the colleague who made every day seem like a treat.
33) Instead of saying farewell to you, I wish I could say fare-bad so that you come back and continue working with us. But I won’t… because I always wish the best for you. Farewell.
34) If I knew that you would turn out to be such an extraordinary employee, I would have asked you to sign a 10 year contract so that you would never leave me. Farewell.
35) We have planned a grand department party next week which you won’t be able to attend because it seems that life has grander plans for you. Farewell and we will miss you.
36) Your resignation has shook us from the core. Without you, work is going to be a bore. Your departure has made us all sad. Your absence is going to drive us totally mad. Farewell.
37) You better send me a sweet and cheerful good morning text every day. After you leave, I will have nothing else to help me look forward to the day at work. Farewell.
38) In your absence, who will I blame for not meeting deadlines? I’ll miss you, farewell.
39) I am saying goodbye not just to a colleague, but also to a friend and my greatest source of inspiration. Farewell.
40) The boss may be sad because of losing a hardworking and efficient employee, but we are sad because your heart-warming smile we will no longer see. Goodbye and farewell.
Is someone leaving your workplace and you want some farewell wishes for a colleague to write in a card? Need help finding the right words for a goodbye messages to coworkers?
You aren’t alone!
A colleague leaving your workplace is a sad time. We forge strong connections with our coworkers so having to say farewell can be tough. Especially if you were close to them. That’s why when they’re departing you should let them know just how much they meant to you. So in order to help find the right words we’ve put together some of the best farewell wishes for a colleague to help you out.
Writing farewell messages are harder than they might first seem. Saying goodbye is tough. It can be hard to express how you feel to a colleague. They become friends, but because of knowing them through work it can make those relationships that bit different to other people in our lives. So when they leave work you can feel conflicted. They might be moving on to a new job or promotion, maybe even retiring, so your feelings might be mixed. Pleased for them but also sad to see them go. And so if you’re giving them a farewell card or gift then deciding on what to say in your message can be tricky.
So use the farewell colleague messages and quotes below to help inspire you to let a coworker know how much you’ll miss them!
These sample farewell wishes are perfect for saying how much you’re going to miss a colleague that is leaving. Use them in a farewell card, with a gift or even to share on social media.
Sometimes a heartfelt goodbye is the best way to wish a colleague farewell. These messages do just that – saying goodbye when you know you’re going to find it tough.
If you’re colleague is the right type then a funny message poking fun at their leaving could be the ideal choice. Enjoy a final laugh with your coworker and make a joke about their leaving.
Often colleagues have helped us or become a really important part of our lives. These farewell messages go beyond saying goodbye but also thank the colleague leaving for everything they’ve done for you.
Maybe it’s you who have decided to leave or got a promotion, and you want to wish your colleagues goodbye. If so then knowing what to say to those coworkers might be causing you problems. Try some of these examples messages.
Wedding Wishes For Office Colleague. “Best of luck to you during this special time of life. We cannot wait to see the way that marriage improves your life and.
Remembering you and the impact you've made to our company. We all want to say goodbye and good luck!
It has been a great pleasure working with a colleague like you. Now, you are off to your next big challenge! Good luck and farewell!
So sorry to see you go, boss, and we'll sure miss you. We wish you all the best for the future!
You was the best co-worker anyone could ever wish for! These are exciting changes, and I'm sure you will meet the challenges in new job with your usual optimism. You will certainly be missed here.
You have been a much appreciated and highly regarded asset to this company. Good luck in all your ventures!
Nobody can do your job quite like you! How will we ever make things work around here without you? Our whole team will miss you. Farewell and best wishes!
Good luck to a wonderful Boss! It was wonderful working with you. We'll miss you and wish you well!
It sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, but I still can't believe you are leaving! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it soon! Good luck!
You've been great to work with and you've left your mark with us. Now it's time to relax and enjoy! Congratulations and best wishes on your retirement.
We're sad you're leaving the company. You were a wonderful coworker. Goodbye and good luck!
It is sad to see you leave. The office won't be the same without you. Best wishes on your new endeavors.
It's been an absolute pleasure working with you. Missing you already and wishing you every success!
Farewell to one great employee. Your hard work and dedication were an important part of our team. As you turn the page in your life's story, we join together in wishing you every success in all your future endeavors.
It's really hard to say goodbye, to such a colleague and a friend. All my good wishes are with you!
It was a pleasure working with you and your loss will be greatly felt. Thank you for your time and dedication while you worked for us. Best wishes as you embark on a new challenge.
It is sad that you are moving, and we're wishing you much happiness in your new place. Good luck and stay in touch!
We'll miss your bright and cheerful face around here. Wish you much happiness in all that you pursue! Let us know where the road takes you.
Happy new year to the best work colleagues in the world! May your year ahead be filled with success and happiness! —. Dear colleagues! Happy new year may .