Looking for the best inspirational quotes for women? Reading words of wisdom from such amazing women can inspire you to become a strong “Whenever you see a successful woman, look out for three men who are going out of their way.
Get inspired to channel your inner warrior princess with these awesome quotes for women. You are strong, confident and courageous, and these powerful quotes will serve as your perfect reminder of just that!
Contrary to the belief that this is a male-dominated world, women provide the foundation of power, grace, wisdom, justice, creativity, and hope.
Women are known to have better intuition, patience, emotional focus, compassion and networking ability. The list of female strengths is endless.
Throughout history, the world has witnessed many great women of strength who managed to tap into their Everyday Power to leave an indelible mark on society. Reading words of wisdom from such amazing women can inspire you to become a strong woman yourself, who approaches life with confidence.
The inspirational quotes for women below are filled with wisdom that will awaken hope, ambition, faith and inner strength. We hope you enjoy reading them as much as we enjoyed compiling them.
1.) “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.” – Audrey Hepburn
2.) “You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.” ― Brigham Young
3.) “Whenever you see a successful woman, look out for three men who are going out of their way to try to block her.” – Yulia Tymoshenko
4.) “Some women choose to follow men, and some choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.” – Lady Gaga
5.) “It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.” – J. K. Rowling
6.) “I am a woman with thoughts and questions and sh*t to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story – I will.” – Amy Schumer
7.) “It’s possible to climb to the top without stomping on other people.” – Taylor Swift
8.) “Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for.” – Jennifer Lopez
9.) “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anais Nin
10.) “She was powerful not because she wasn’t scared but because she went on so strongly, despite the fear.” – Atticus
11.) “And one day she discovered that she was fierce and strong, and full of fire and that not even she could hold herself back because her passion burned brighter than her fears.” – Mark Anthony
12.) “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a b*tch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.”— Maya Angelou
13.) “Take criticism seriously, but not personally. If there is truth or merit in the criticism, try to learn from it. Otherwise, let it roll right off you.” — Hillary Clinton
14.) “We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced.” — Malala Yousafzai
15.) “If you don’t like being a doormat then get off the floor.”– Al Anon
16.) “The best protection any woman can have … is courage.”– Elizabeth Cady Stanton
17.) “Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got. There is no yesterday, no tomorrow, it’s all the same day.” –Janis Joplin
18.) “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”– Alice Walker
19.) “One of the most courageous things you can do is identify yourself, know who you are, what you believe in and where you want to go.”– Sheila Murray Bethel
20.) “Everyone has inside of her a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be, how much you can love, what you can accomplish, and what your potential is.” — Anne Frank
21.) “Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for.” – Jennifer Lopez
22.) “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
23.) “You are more powerful than you know; you are beautiful just as you are.” ~ Melissa Etheridge
24.) “Do you want to meet the love of your life? Look in the mirror.” ~ Byron Katie
25.) “The way in which we think of ourselves has everything to do with how our world sees us and how we see ourselves successfully acknowledged by the world.”– Arlene Rankin
26.) “If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough.”– Oprah Winfrey
27.) “You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.”– Rosalynn Carter
28.) “If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not making decisions.” — Catherine Cook
29.) “If it’s a good idea, go ahead and do it. It’s much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”— Grace Hopper
30.) “It’s not your job to like me, it’s mine.” — Byron Katie
31.) “Buckle up, and know that it’s going to be a tremendous amount of work, but embrace it.” –Tory Burch
32.) “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took an excuse.”— Florence Nightingale
33.) “What makes you different or weird, that’s your strength.”— Meryl Streep
34.) “Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” – Anne Sweeney
35.) “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” – Arianna Huffington
36.) “If you are successful, it is because somewhere, sometime, someone gave you a life or an idea that started you in the right direction. Remember also that you are indebted to life until you help some less fortunate person, just as you were helped.” – Melinda Gates
37.) Successful women are not liked. I think the biggest danger for women in science is colleagues who are not as good as you are.” – Christiane Nusslein-Volhard
38.) “Whenever you see a successful woman, look out for three men who are going out of their way to try to block her.” – Yulia Tymoshenko
39.) “Success as a woman has changed me. That’s what I feel is the first thing. When I feel like a successful woman as a rounded human being, then it feeds my work in a broader way so it becomes more interesting.”- Jacqueline Bisset
40.) “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” — Estée Lauder
41.) “Once you figure out what respect tastes like, it tastes better than attention.” – Pink
42.) “Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.”– Margaret Thatcher
43.) “A man’s got to do what a man’s got to do. A woman must do what he can’t.”– Rhonda Hansome
When it comes to quotes about being a man, it's easy to include the saying that define masculinity that most men and women would still agree upon.” “Being a good husband is like being a good stand-up comic: you . Funny Parenting Advice: 400+ Notes Of Wisdom Every New Parent Should Read.
• "I do not wish [women] to have power over men; but over themselves."
• "My dreams were all my own; I accounted for them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed—my dearest pleasure when free."
• "I earnestly wish to point out in what true dignity and human happiness consists. I wish to persuade women to endeavor to acquire strength, both of mind and body, and to convince them that the soft phrases, susceptibility of heart, delicacy of sentiment, and refinement of taste, are almost synonymous with epithets of weakness, and that those beings are only the objects of pity, and that kind of love which has been termed its sister, will soon become objects of contempt."
• "Contending for the rights of women, my main argument is built on this simple principle, that if she be not prepared by education to become the companion of man, she will stop the progress of knowledge, for truth must be common to all, or it will be inefficacious with respect to its influence on general practice."
• "Make women rational creatures, and free citizens, and they will quickly become good wives;—that is, if men do not neglect the duties of husbands and fathers."
• "Make them free, and they will quickly become wise and virtuous, as men become more so; for the improvement must be mutual, or the injustice which one half of the human race are obliged to submit to, retorting on their oppressors, the virtue of men will be worm-eaten by the insect whom he keeps under his feet."
• "The divine right of husbands, like the divine right of kings, may, it is hoped, in this enlightened age, be contested without danger."
• "If women be educated for dependence; that is, to act according to the will of another fallible being, and submit, right or wrong, to power, where are we to stop?"
• "It is time to effect a revolution in female manners—time to restore to them their lost dignity—and make them, as a part of the human species, labour by reforming themselves to reform the world. It is time to separate unchangeable morals from local manners."
• "Men and women must be educated, in a great degree, by the opinions and manners of the society they live in. In every age there has been a stream of popular opinion that has carried all before it, and given a family character, as it were, to the century. It may then fairly be inferred, that, till society be differently constituted, much cannot be expected from education."
• "It is vain to expect virtue from women till they are in some degree independent of men."
• "Women ought to have representatives, instead of being arbitrarily governed without any direct share allowed them in the deliberations of government."
• "Women are systematically degraded by receiving the trivial attentions which men think it manly to pay to the sex, when, in fact, men are insultingly supporting their own superiority."
• "Strengthen the female mind by enlarging it, and there will be an end to blind obedience."
• "No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."
• "It appears to me impossible that I should cease to exist, or that this active, restless spirit, equally alive to joy and sorrow, should be only organized dust—ready to fly abroad the moment the spring snaps, or the spark goes out, which kept it together. Surely something resides in this heart that is not perishable—and life is more than a dream."
• "Children, I grant, should be innocent; but when the epithet is applied to men, or women, it is but a civil term for weakness."
• "Taught from infancy that beauty is woman's sceptre, the mind shapes itself to the body, and roaming round its gilt cage, only seeks to adorn its prison."
• "I love man as my fellow; but his scepter, real, or usurped, extends not to me, unless the reason of an individual demands my homage; and even then the submission is to reason, and not to man."
• "...if we revert to history, we shall find that the women who have distinguished themselves have neither been the most beautiful nor the most gentle of their sex."
• "Love from its very nature must be transitory. To seek for a secret that would render it constant would be as wild a search as for the philosopher’s stone or the grand panacea: and the discovery would be equally useless, or rather pernicious to mankind. The most holy band of society is friendship."
• "Surely something resides in this heart that is not perishable—and life is more than a dream."
Quote collection assembled by Jone Johnson Lewis. Each quotation page in this collection and the entire collection of Jone Johnson Lewis. This is an informal collection assembled over many years. I regret that I am not be able to provide the original source if it is not listed with the quote.
“Young girls today are very mistaken to be thinking that their sense of self-worth and their acknowledgment of their beauty depends on whether a man will give that to them or not. Such naïveté! And so what will happen when the man changes his mind about her? Tells her she's not beautiful enough? That she's not good enough? Cheats on her? Leaves her? Then what happens? She will lose all her self-worth, she will think she is not good enough, she is not beautiful enough, because all of those feelings depended on the man in the first place! And along with the loss of the man, it will all be lost as well! Mothers, teach your daughters better. It pains me to see such naive innocence right under my nose! Such naïveté does no good for any girl. It is better for a girl to be worldly-wise and have street-smarts! That's what a girl needs to have in life! Not wide-eyed delusional innocence! The sense of self-worth and acknowledgment of being beautiful must not come from a man, it must come from inside the woman herself, men will come and men will go and their coming and going must not take an effect on the woman's sense of worth and beauty.”
― C. JoyBell C.
Quotes by Mary Wollstonecraft, a mother of feminism. "Make them free, and they will quickly become wise and virtuous, as men become more so; "Men and women must be educated, in a great degree, by the opinions and.
After centuries of oppression and of being in the shadow of men, women have been able to gradually show the world how they are great business leaders, great thinkers, poets scholars, philosophers and also amazing entrepreneurs. Younger generations of women are nowadays able to have as role models strong and inspirational women, that have contributed with their unique perspectives, ideas and projects to the shaping of a better world.
Intelligenthq assembles here 15 quotes said by a group of 15 amazing women that excelled and changed the world as poets, writers, business women, philosophers, and social entrepreneurs :
1. “A wise woman wishes to be no one’s enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone’s victim.” Maya AngelouMaya Angelou
2. “Too many women in too many countries speak the same language, of silence…” Hillary ClintonHillary Clinton
3. “How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself.” Anais NinAnaïs Nin
4. “Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and, therefore, the foundation of all invention and innovation. In its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity, it is the power that enables us to empathize with humans whose experiences we have never shared.” J K RowlingJK Rowling
5. “No one will do for you what you need to do for yourself. We cannot afford to be separate. We have to see that all of us are in the same boat.” Dorothy HeightDorothy Height
6. “Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence.” Sheryl SandbergSheryl Sandberg
7. “It’s so clear that you have to cherish everyone. I think that’s what I get from these older black women, that every soul is to be cherished, that every flower Is to bloom.” Alice WalkerAlice Walker
8. “Nothing is slower than the true birth of a woman or man.” Marguerite YourcenarMarguerite Yourcenar
9. “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” Marissa MayerMarissa Mayer
10. “As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the whole world.” Virginia WoolfVirginia Woolf
11. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” Margaret MeadMargaret Mead
12.“Today, most young women are exposed to technology at a very young age, with mobile phones, tablets, the Web or social media. They are much more proficient with technology than prior generations since they use it for all their school work, communication and entertainment.” Susan WojcickiSusan Wojcicki
13. “I want there to be a place in the world where people can engage in one another’s differences in a way that is redemptive, full of hope and possibility.” Bell HooksBell Hooks
14. “An honorable human relationship – that is one in which two people have the right to use the word “love” is a process. Delicate, violent, often terrifying to both persons involved, a process of refining the truths they can tell each other.” Adrienne RichAdrienne Rich
15. “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” Eleanor RooseveltEleanor Roosevelt
Founder Dinis Guarda
IntelligentHQ Your New Business Network.
IntelligentHQ is a Business network and an expert source for finance, capital markets and intelligence for thousands of global business professionals, startups, and companies.
We exist at the point of intersection between technology, social media, finance and innovation.
IntelligentHQ leverages innovation and scale of social digital technology, analytics, news and distribution to create an unparalleled, full digital medium and social business network spectrum.
IntelligentHQ is working hard, to become a trusted, and indispensable source of business news and analytics, within financial services and its associated supply chains and ecosystems.
One of the more famous quotes of Eleanor Roosevelt, this is definitely true and will help . It makes you wonder how many famous men had not-so-famous women behind them Here's a life lesson that you would be wise to internalize.