Find what to write in a baby shower card for both the couple and the baby. Discover examples of special messages and find inspiration for you.
If you’ve been invited to a baby shower, with any luck the invitation will give you some idea about the type of event that this baby shower will be.
You will usually be expected to bring a gift for the prospective mother, but sometimes you may be asked to contribute towards the food as well as – or instead of – bringing a gift; or perhaps you could be asked to make a donation towards a combined gift.
Whatever the requirements for gifts or otherwise, your good wishes for the new baby are best expressed via a baby shower card.
There are as many different types of baby showers as there are different types of mothers-to-be! And while there are often lots of baby shower cards to choose from in card-shops and newsagents, it’s often difficult to know what to write on the card that you select.
See our article on Baby Shower Wording for tips on what to write on a baby shower card.
If this is the first time you’ve been to a baby shower, you might be a little concerned about the focus on gifts and games. But there is a growing trend now for baby showers to involve at least some attention to older traditions of passing on knowledge and celebrating a woman’s transition to becoming a mother.
Having a better understanding of the history and traditions behind a baby shower can help you to write a thoughtful and meaningful baby shower card for the new mother.
While they are a relatively new celebration in Australia, many cultures have a long history of celebrating the impending arrival of a new baby through a pre-birth welcoming ritual. The name ‘baby shower’ reflects the custom where a mother-to-be is ‘showered’ with gifts to help provide for her new baby.
Some anthropologists classify baby showers as ‘life-cycle’ events – much like birthdays, weddings and funerals. The event of a baby shower is meant to celebrate the transformation of a woman from childless adult to mother.
But in her ethnographic study of modern pregnancy, Dr. Janelle S Taylor from the University of Washington writes that the baby shower in American culture has evolved over time from “a ritual passing-on of knowledge between women” to a consumer ritual, focusing on gifts and food. These days, she says, it’s all about stuff.
Many people are now reacting against this consumer focus on ‘stuff’ with baby showers that include ‘wise words’ albums so friends can write words of encouragement and advice, or group craft activities to create a keepsake for the new mother.
Just a generation ago, new babies were often plied with hand-knitted booties and hats. This centuries-old tradition where older women craft handmade gifts for a new baby follows English and Celtic customs that have parallels in ancient Roman and Egyptian rituals.
One of the best-known examples of an ancient baby shower is that of the three Wise Men of Old Testament fame, who gave gifts of gold, myrrh and frankincense at the birth of Jesus.
Your level of participation in a baby shower will depend on your relationship with the mother-to-be.
If you are a work colleague or acquaintance, you will not usually be expected to do much more than go along, give a baby shower card and usually a gift, participate in the activities and leave your best wishes at the end.
But no matter what level of participation in the event you might have, your words on the baby shower card that you give can be a lovely way to pass on a snippet of advice, offer some encouragement for a new mother who might feel a little apprehensive or perhaps share a favourite quote or poem about motherhood.
Don’t forget to look at our article on Baby Shower Wording for some suggestions for what you can write on a baby shower card.
Not sure what to write in a baby shower card? Find the perfect baby shower messages with this huge collection - for baby, for mom, funny baby shower wishes. Some ideas are baby clothing, rattles or toys. However, if you.
A baby shower serves as a pleasant diversion from all the craziness and a fun time for the guest of honor to show off her ever adorable baby bump. This is also the perfect time to celebrate one last hurrah with the girls before the baby says, “Hello, World!” As a guest, you’ll want to assure that this day goes as smoothly as possible, full of celebrations and smiles. Make your addition to all of this baby shower happiness with some touching baby shower wishes and messages.
If you find yourself asking what to write in a baby shower card or are searching for an element that will take your baby shower greeting over the top, you are in the right place. These inspirational baby sentiments will help you reiterate just how excited you are for the newest addition. To get started on finding the perfect inspiration, pick a section below.
There is something magical about a wish that just can’t be described. An almost mom prepping the house for baby and getting ready for all the before baby celebrations could definitely use a few wishes, words of wisdom, or advice. Well wishes for a baby shower will touch hearts and allow you to say ‘congratulations’ and ‘we love you’ like never before. It won’t take much time to add one of these baby shower best wishes to your greeting card, and you won’t regret it. These short and sweet personalized wishes will serve as a part of all the festive celebrations.
As you pick up a pen and get ready to draft your baby shower card wishes, make sure that the well wishes you write stay true to you and shine a spotlight on your one-of-a-kind relationship to the parents-to-be. These adorable new baby wishes are a great place to get inspiration for your charming sentiment for the little one’s debut. You can also use inspiration from the baby shower theme.
These baby shower wishes for a boy (more like wishes for a little prince) are a fun way to celebrate his almost arrival with the happy couple. Mom-to-be will cherish your sweet greeting and keep it close to her heart to share with her handsome man a few years down the road. These kind baby shower words also make for great shower keepsakes and the perfect addition to a baby shower photo book. Use the below template to draft the best and most personalized wishes for the little man.
If you know the gender of the baby before the shower, then why not reflect that in your baby shower card greeting? She’s sugar and spice and everything nice, and she’s about to change this happy couple’s world in the best way imaginable. Share these touching baby shower card wishes for the pink bundle of joy with mom on her big day. Go one step further and print these sweet words onto a custom canvas print that mom and dad can hang in the little one’s nursery. This makes the perfect baby shower gift.
When you think of the word ‘baby’ you can’t help but immediately be drawn to words like adorable, darling, sweet, heavenly, lovable and the list goes on. If you’re getting stuck there, don’t worry. It’s not uncommon to get writers’ block, especially when trying to find perfect words for an almost newly mom. If you’re looking to fill in all of the blank space of your ‘Welcome Baby card’ but seem to be at a loss for words, look to these cute baby shower card messages for inspiration.
There are some few things in life that really matter; these are things that make joyful moments to be complete. In some parts of the world, a baby shower is a way to celebrate the expecting or delivery of a child. This is done by presenting gifts and a baby shower card to the mother at a party, whereas others host a baby shower to celebrate the transformation of a woman into a mother.
Traditionally, baby showers are given only for the family’s first child, and only women are invited and of course, it’s an awesome moment for parents; they receive lots of beautiful wishes and gifts for their new baby.
What a wonderful privilege it will be for you to be part of a baby shower. Have you ever found yourself at such an occasion where you suddenly ran out of ideas or you are thinking of what to write on the baby shower card? You may be astonished, speechless and don’t really know what to write; worry not, we’ve got you covered with a long-list of baby shower card messages and ideas.
See Also: 105 Unique Irish Names For New Born
Here in this post, you are going to see:
1. Happy baby shower, we hope everything goes smoothly with the arrival of your new baby.
2. This is really exciting!!! All the best with the new baby. We hope that your new baby is happy and healthy.
3. Wishing you both all the best with your soon-to-be role as parents. All the best.
4. May God bless you and your new baby with a lifetime of health, love, and happiness.
5. Warmest wishes to you as you enter this exciting new adventure. All the best to you and your baby!
6. Congratulations on the new baby! I’m so happy for you, you will both be amazing parents.
7. Babies are a gift from heaven. Enjoy your new addition and may you have a happy and healthy long life together.
8. Congratulations! Wishing you a hassle free pregnancy and lots of creativity in coming up with a name for your new baby
9. Thanks for inviting us along to share in the excitement of your soon to be new baby. Wishing you all the best with parenthood.
10. Happy baby shower! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness with the new addition to your family.
11. Thanks for inviting us to share in your baby shower celebrations. We hope that your soon-to-be new baby arrives safe and sound. All the best.
12. May the coming new baby fill your home with hope, love, joy, wisdom, bliss, and endurance. Congratulations!
13. May you and your baby be showered with a lifetime of great happiness and blessings. Happy baby shower!
14. Congratulations! I am so delighted for you. I pray for your safety and a healthy delivery. I hope all goes smoothly.
15. May you cherish every minute because time flies so fast. God bless you and your new baby!
16. What a bliss a new baby brings to our life. So happy for you both, congratulations!
17. Roses are red, violets are blue, you will be given a new baby, congratulations to you!
18. Here’s to celebrating a new life, a new adventure, and a new baby! Congratulations!
19. I am so happy for both of you. Please know that I will always be here for you and your baby no matter what.
20. Congratulations on your new blessing! I know you will be amazing parents. Best baby shower wishes to you!
You Might Also Like: 80+ Funny Names To Call Someone
During baby showers, creating a unique guest book instead of a baby shower card will go a long way in making the new baby feel welcome and help preserve the memory of the experience. Here are some baby shower book ideas we’ve gathered to make your celebration fun and more interesting.
It would be so great to create a tree with a baby shower book for the guests at your baby shower to leave their own “personal touch” by leaving their own thumbprints as the leaves on a picture of a tree. The ink dries quickly, so guests can also add their signature afterwards. When the child is grown, it will remind them of the people who have supported them since the beginning and show that their family tree extends further than just their relatives.
See Also: Wedding Thank You Wording That Are Immensely Appreciative
If you are thinking of an underwater theme for the baby shower guest book, you can create this using mailing labels attached to the lines that come from the whale. Let the guests leave their mark on the labels by writing their names on each of the label.
Giving a child a book during a baby shower can help give rise to a lifetime of reading. You can write a short message of love inside the book with the date, time and your name. Parents can request children’s book from guests which they can use to build a collection for the baby. Some of these books include Corduroy
By Don Freeman, The Very Hungry Caterpillar By Eric Carle etc.
Creating a photo collage is one of the best things to do at your baby shower. You can achieve this by using your smartphone to take a snapshot of all the guests with their wishes in their hands and at the end, you can create a photo collage with it. This will help to preserve all these wonderful memories in time to come.
Read Also: Funeral Thank You Notes To Appreciate Friends And Family
This is similar to the thumbprint tree. You can create a picture of flying balloons and have your guests sign their names and write their wishes for the baby in each of the flying balloons. Then you can hang this in the children’s playroom to keep your spirits lifted.
A clever idea for a baby shower book instead of a baby shower card is having each guest sign their name and some words of wisdom onto blocks. Just like the people in your life, the blocks should come in various shapes and sizes. This may also help ease tension for the baby upon learning one of the life’s earliest lessons, that a square peg doesn’t fit in a round hole.
Another brilliant idea is to create a customized photo pillow. Pick a photo of the pregnant mom-to-be, the baby’s big siblings or a heartfelt saying. While on display, guests can sign the pillow using a permanent marker for an added layer of comfort.
You can believe it when they say it takes a community to train a child. Using puzzle pieces as the guest book for the event is a sweet little way to show that sentiment amongst the inner circle. When the little baby decides to put them together, it will be a great lesson.
Thinking of another idea instead of a baby shower card, then you should really consider this. it involves using diapers as envelopes for words of wisdom notes that guests write when they sign in. It may also be a cute gesture to leave them inside the diaper for the mom-to-be to read until after the baby is born. This way she will have some extra support when she needs it most.
One of the best ideas for a baby shower book instead of a baby shower card is to show some love with some fingerprint rain drops. Start by simply tracing an image of an umbrella. Then include instructions to the guests to add their fingerprints in what looks like rain drops—it is a baby “shower” after all!
Read Also: 105 Names You Can Consider For New Born
Now the baby shower is over and it’s time to show appreciation to those who honored the invitation. You might be wondering what to say or what to do or what to write to show how grateful you are…you have it all. Check out these unique and adorable baby shower card ideas we have compiled just for you below:
1. My baby will feel like a royalty upon birth, thanks to your priceless gifts.
2. My baby shower has been made special with your presence because you have made it a wonderful experience. Thanks for showering your blessings in such abundance.
3. Thank you for coming to the baby shower. I really loved the baby toiletries set. I was looking for herbal soaps and you brought it along. Thank you once again for making my work easier.
4. Even though your gift can’t be seen by my unborn baby, I speak on my baby’s behalf when I say thank you so much.
5. Thank you! Your gifts mark the beginning of the many wonderful blessings that friends and family will shower on my child for a lifetime.
6. Oh! what an amazing thing, my little bundle of joy will be born into this world surrounded by lovely gifts like yours. Thanks.
7. Having you around makes things super easy for me. Thanks for such a wonderful baby shower.
8. Thanks for all the gifts you gave me at my baby shower. I am certain that your blessings will forever be with my little flower.
9. You went out of your way to attend this baby shower. I can only thank you for your kindness and warmth that made all the guests open up their hearts. Thank you once again, my dear.
10. My unborn baby will love the gifts that you got, but not as much as the person who gave them. Thanks.
11. You made my day so special with the sweetest baby shower. I loved the coordinated color theme, the personalized invites and the food were simply scrumptious. And more importantly, you made all the guests feel at home. Thank you so much. I feel so special.
12. This is the beginning of a new chapter in my life and I’m so delighted that you made it extremely special with the baby shower. Thank you so much. I am blessed to have you around
13. Thanks for being at my baby shower, may God continue to keep us together and may we have many more moments to celebrate.
14. Thanks for making it to my baby shower. It was indeed a successful one.
15. Thank you so much for coming to the baby shower. Love and best wishes from the proud would-be parents.
16. It wouldn’t have been possible to host the perfect baby shower without the presence of friends and family like you. Thank you.
17. Your gift is symbolic of the fact that you will continue to shower my baby with love, care, and affection for a lifetime. Thanks.
18. You got such a lovely gift. You’d be the first person on the meeting list when my baby learns to say thanks.
19. Your beautiful gift makes me want to switch places with the baby inside my tummy. Thanks a lot.
20. We wanted only your good wishes but you gave us gifts and much more. We wanted a simple baby shower but you gave us memories to adore. Sweet words of appreciation are not the only things that are due. On behalf of our unborn child, we give many thanks to you.
We hope you are able to find these beautiful ideas we have gathered here for you very helpful. Consider doing something different for the next baby shower you are to attend. Cheers!
What To Write In A Wedding Card
What To Write In A Graduation Card
What To Write In A Get Well Card
What To Write In A Sympathy Card – 60 Condolence Messages
What To Write In A Birthday Card For A Friend Or Family Member – 50 Messages For You
If you know the gender, it's a great idea to write a card that reflects that. For your convenience, the baby shower messages have been broken.
It’s that wonderful event where you get to celebrate the arrival of a brand new bundle of joy with an expectant mummy: the baby shower! So get scribbling with your messages – try a poem, a joke or just one of our handy suggestions!
If you’ve been invited to a celebration, then you want to share only the warmest of baby shower wishes:
When the shower’s all finished and you have a wealth of clothes, nappies and cuddly toys to enjoy, you’ll need to send out your own baby shower thank you cards in return! The best time to do this is after your little bump has arrived, when your card can be decorated with an adorable baby photo.
Another suggestion is to thank guests who attented the baby shower for their gifts. Why not send well-wishers a birth announcement card and let them know when the little guy or girl will be using their gift? When your baby turns 1 the following year, suggest to friends and family to use personalised designs and messages to decorate their birthday card.
Find the perfect message to write in a baby shower card & choose from our top ideas. Having rifled around the internet, just copy and paste.