If you are good friends with the colleague who is leaving, you can be a little more 'dangerous' with your leaving messages, but if you don't know.
Composing a goodbye or farewell email to your colleagues on your last day in the office can be a daunting task. To help, here’s a sample email that you can refer to.
Subject: Bidding Everyone Adieu
Today is my last day at work here, and I would like to thank you all for the great times that we shared. I will treasure all the sweet memories that I have of working here with you.
I have enjoyed working with you all, and I see myself as one of the few lucky employees at [insert name of company] because I got to work with such a great team of like-minded individuals. It’s hard for me to bid you all adieu because of how we worked together tirelessly to promote this company so that it would meet the present and future needs of clients and staff members.
Building a successful team means more than just finding people who can work together. It means finding a team that's committed to each other, has a deep sense of trust with one another and cares about each other. During my 10+ years as a full-time staff member here, I've worked in three different departments. Despite how tough things were, every team I had the privilege to work with was able to meet, surpass, and sustain the goals that we were tasked with.
I remember when the company's success was plummeting, I was part of the team that was commissioned by the board to find a lasting solution to the challenges the company was facing at that difficult time. Under the supervision of Mr. /Mrs. _____, we researched and drafted the [paper/project] that helped restore the company.
While this has been one of the most satisfying, rewarding, and all-around wonderful jobs I've ever had, I feel that it's time for me to explore new challenges and diversify my experience. I will definitely miss you all, and at the same time, I look forward to these new career opportunities.
At this juncture, I wish you all the very best here at [insert name of company]. Once again, thank you for the inspiration and for bringing out the best in me. To keep in touch with me from time to time, my contact information is below.
[Your contact information]
Looking for the perfect words to include in a card or message to say goodbye to a colleague of yours who is leaving the company? Use our well-written messages to wish well to a coworker departing their post and let them know that you are happy for them. Farewell, my dear friend and.
When a colleague decides to go to another company or take a sabbatical, it can be depressing. You obviously want the to enjoy life and take the path that is best for them. The only problem is that you do not want to say good-bye. You have become used to working with them, and the last thing that you want is for them to leave. Writing a farewell message to colleague leaving the company can be difficult. Luckily, we have a few tips and ideas that can help you out.
A farewell message is what you write when someone goes to another company, quits or retires. There are a number of different ways that you can say good-bye. You might want to include stories about your experiences together or how they have helped you in the past. Including a personal detail can help make the message more unique. The following ideas are some farewell messages that work well for a co-worker.
1. Make sure that you take care of yourself in your new job! I am happy for you, but I have to admit that I am sad that I cannot go along with you! Your new co-workers are about to be so lucky to work with you. Good-bye and make sure to keep in touch with me.
2. I have learned so much from you over the past few years. I am a better person and better at my job because of you. After working with you, I know that you will be extremely successful in your new job. Thank you so much for everything that you have done and farewell, my friend!
3. Having the privilege of being your co-worker has been one of the highlights with working here. It is with great sadness that I watch you move on to a new position, but I am happy that someone has recognized your skills. Best of luck at your new job!
4. I will miss you so much and think of you all the time. Thank you for all of the good memories that we have shared together.
5. I wanted to take this moment to let you know how lucky I was to work with someone like you, and how depressed I am to say good-bye. It has been an honor to have a colleague like you over the past few years. Thank you for all of your kindness and help. I wish you all the best luck and success in your future dreams.
6. You have been so dependable, encouraging, supportive and honest when you worked with me. Your new job is so lucky to have you—I just hope they realize it! Keep doing amazing things!
7. You might not be my co-worker anymore, but I still consider you my friend. I would love to stay in touch with you as you move on to your next job.
8. Good colleagues are people that you can always rely on, joke with, work together with and ask for help. You have been all of these things for me. I hope that your new co-workers think the same thing in the future.
9. I am seriously going to miss you at the office. Best of luck in your new position!
10. Let me take a moment to thank you for all of your support and kindness over the last few years. I wish you all of the best in your future jobs and dreams. Good-bye!
11. Wishing you the best in your new career move. Best of luck and congratulations!
12. Dear co-worker, you have been an amazing colleague who always created an environment of excellence and fun in the workplace. We will all miss you greatly. Please keep in touch with us as you start new adventures and projects!
13. While it pains me greatly that you are leaving us, I wish you the best success in all of your future endeavors.
14. This is an extremely exciting opportunity for you, but I still cannot believe that you are actually leaving us. Please keep in touch with us always.
15. We wish you continued success in everywhere that you go!
16. You might not be my co-worker any more, but you will always be my friend. Best of luck at your new position!
17. I will miss my colleague and my friend almost as much as I will cherish all of the amazing memories that we have shared together over the years. You are the best staff member that I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
18. Our teamwork has never been the same since you left the office. We are already missing you and everything that you have done for the team.
19. I have enjoyed working with you so much. Good luck at your new job!
20. Thank you for all of the support and help you have given me over the years. I will always have the sweetest memories of working with you and will never be able to forget you. Farewell!
21. Having fun at work will never be as easy without an amazing co-worker like you around. The entire workplace is going to miss you so much. Farewell, and may your future be everything you wished for!
22. Working in an office that does not have you in it will be unbearably boring. We will miss having an amazing colleague like you in the office. Wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
23. I hope that your new workplace is full of fun and happiness. Take care and make sure to keep in touch!
24. You have been a colleague, friend and mentor who I have treasured. Now, you are headed toward bigger and better things. Good-bye!
25. It did not take long for me to realize that you were more of a friend than a colleague. I am so lucky to have worked with you, and I will miss you. Let’s stay in touch.
26. Every once in a while, an amazing person comes into your life. You have been one of those people. I am so thankful for all of the time that we have spent together. Enjoy your new job!
27. Thank you so much for all of your support and encouragement. You have been the best colleague that I have ever met. Good-bye and make sure to stay in touch!
28. Thank you so much for training me. Because of you, I feel like I actually have something to contribute to the workplace. Thank you for training me, motivating me and always being there for me. I will miss you so much.
29. Your decision-making skills have been an amazing inspiration for me. I appreciate all of the times you have encouraged me and taught me to be a better person. I have learned so much from you. I hope that your next job will bring you as much happiness (and as great of co-workers!) as this one.
30. Thank you for all of your encouragement and support. You are by far the best colleague that I have ever met. Thank you so much and make sure to keep in touch!
Depending on your relationship, you might want to try a more humorous approach with your colleague. These funny messages and humorous thoughts are perfect for a farewell card that you are giving to a friend or co-worker.
1. It was great to hear that you got such a great job! I can’t wait to hear that your co-workers have named you the “Gossip Queen” of your new office. Good-bye!
2. You are moving away, but the office isn’t going anywhere. If you ever need someone to proofread your work or bring you down to earth through a bit of teasing, we are never far away. Here is to wishing you the best of luck!
3. You must be careful at your new job! Just remember that doing something stupid might make you end up back here—like certain events at our last Christmas party. You won’t have me to guard your back in the new workplace, so watch out! Good luck!
4. PLEASE TAKE ME WITH YOU!
5. Dear (Name), I wish that I could stay with you here. Since you are leaving me, I figured I would write you a short note of farewell. The biggest thing I will miss is our daily gossip fests about everyone in the office. Who will I gossip with now?
6. Are you leaving because you heard layoffs were about to happen? Just kidding—I know that you are not on the list of mediocre staff members that have to go. I’ll miss having you around. Best of luck at your new job!
7. You are leaving me, which is the worst thing that could ever happen. You set the bar too high—how will I ever find a co-worker as amazing as you to talk to?
8. I still do not understand why you think you have to leave the company. How could you possibly have fun at your new workplace without us there? Let’s see who will miss who more.
9. Other than deciding to be my friend, moving up in the world is the best choice that you have ever made. Let’s get some drinks soon to celebrate your new job!
10. Now that you have decided to leave, the rest of us won’t have to pretend to work so hard!
11. Clearly, the biggest reason that you are leaving is to make it so the rest of us can finally get a promotion. Thank goodness for that!
12. You should have listed gossiping on your CV when you landed this new job. Good-bye and the best of luck at your future position!
13. How much money are they giving you? Write it down and double it. Then, throw the paper away because I don’t have that kind of money to bribe you. All I can bribe you with is my friendship, amazing smile and delicious brownies. Please stay!
14. Would it be melodramatic if I said that I can’t go on without you?
15. We can finally relax. Someone finally notice all of your hard work and gave you a better job and higher pay for it—If someone can see your talent, then there is hope for the rest of us, too.
16. How long do you think it will take until I throw some paperclips at the next cubicle only to realize that you are not the one sitting there?
Sometimes, the person that you are saying farewell to is your boss instead of your co-worker. If that is the case, we have you covered. The following are a number of different messages that you can use to wish your boss a successful future at their new job.
1. Not only have I enjoyed working with you, but I have also learned so much from you. Thank you for giving me this amazing opportunity and setting up for success. Here is to the best of luck in the next stage of your career!
2. You can look forward to many new opportunities on the path ahead of you. Farewell, boss!
3. (Boss’s Name), thank you for all of your patience, kindness and advice. Since I started working here, you have helped me to grow so much. Best of luck in your new job!
4. If someone asked me to describe what kind of boss you have been, the adjectives that come to mind would be things like helpful, inspiriting, encouraging, patient, influential, patient and kind. Your new co-workers and employees are about to enjoy having a truly amazing leader. I have learned so much from you. The hardest part about you leaving is that we will all have to adjust to a new boss who won’t be half the leader that you have been.
5. Thank you so much for everything that you have done for me. You have truly been an amazing boss. I was depressed when I heard that you would be leaving us. I will never forget everything that you have done for me. Good-bye, boss—I hope that you will keep in touch.
6. You have been an inspiration to all of us. We have enjoyed working with you, and wish you success in everywhere you go and everything that you do.
7. It has been a pleasure having a boss like you. Thank you for always making the workplace a fun place to be. I hope that you are just as successful in your new job as you have been in this one.
8. I have enjoyed working with you, but my time with you has also brought other benefits. I have learned from you and discovered how a well-functioning department should be managed. You have prepared me for the position that you have left, and I thank you so much for that.
One way that you can make your farewell message more formal and interesting is by using a quote. In general, the best way to do this is to include the quote, and then write out a personal message related to the quote. To get you started, we will include some of the different quotes and messages that work well for a farewell message to colleague leaving the company.
1. “Life is not about waiting for storms to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
Having you leave is a storm for us, and you may encounter a few storms as you adjust to your new workplace. Just remember that there is always time to dance in the rain as you ride out the storm!
2. “Lead from the back—and let others believe they are in front.” – Nelson Mandela
Sometimes, the smartest leaders know how to let their team do the work and take initiative. We are lucky that we found a leader like this in you. Hopefully, your new workplace will realize what an amazing co-worker they have in you.
3. “It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Starting a new job is never easy—especially if you lose co-workers like us! Stick with it and we know that your new job will soon appreciate you just as much as we do.
4. “The harder I practice, the luckier I get.” – Gary Player
Success is never just about luck. You create your own luck by working hard and being good at your job. In this, you have been an example to all of us. You are one of the luckiest people I have known, and it is entirely because you work the hardest. Thank you for all that you have done for us. We wish you the best of luck in your new position.
5. “It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.” – Ernie Harwell
I hate saying good-byes, so we’ll just say good-bye for now until we meet again. Make sure to keep in touch after you start your fancy new job!
Best consolidation of 100 Farewell Message to Colleagues After Resignation. Happy Reading..!!
Having any special message/quotes to include in our list? Drop a comment below and please let us know.
Sample farewell letter to colleague leaving company. Greeting letters to colleagues. Guide, letter example, grammar checker, 8000+ letter samples.
We have provided here variety of farewell speech for colleagues leaving the place, position or person. These colleague farewell speech can be given by any student, teacher or person working at any position in the offices or institutes to their colleagues leaving them. You can select any of the given farewell speeches for your colleagues according to need to speech on the farewell party.
Good evening everyone. As we all know that we have collected here to give a nice farewell party to Mr… He is my one of the best colleagues, going to join another company in the abroad by leaving us today. It is not an easy moment for me to give a farewell speech here for my best colleague. It is very tough task to give farewell to any near and dear ones. Mr. … is my best colleague for many years. We have spent many useful moments together which would be in my mind forever. He is going abroad by leaving us and his country t make his career better. I never believed that he is going when I heard first time however later I knew that it is true.
My dear friends, you cannot believe that how the painful moment was for me when I heard this message. I still remember that he was used to say me, he is very ambitious and want to go abroad to make his career bright. Going abroad is my colleague’s ambition and I would like to see off him very happily, not by having tears in my eyes. I promise him that he would be in my heart forever and request him to not forget us also. My best wishes are always with you, go ahead and try your knowledge in another area.
You have got a new chance in your life to change your way and style of life. Very few people get this chance like you. We are ready to give you support whatever you need at any point. We are very happy and feel very proud having such a nice colleague going to abroad like you. I believe you and your hard works and commitment towards hard work which will really lead you towards your goal. You have all the necessary traits and important personal characteristics as well as professional skills. You know well how to manage difficult tasks in competitive environment and solve problems effectively in efficient manner.
I like your quality of communicating positively to all them having negative points of view. You taught us to stand strong in the difficult situations. I would like to say a big thank you my dear friend to give us your nice friendship, kindness and all the support for many years. We have spent together many good and bad moments however all have given us new experiences. You have nice and responsible position in this company. You have contributed a lot to this company through your hard work and dedication to your project. You have taught us that working in the happy environment brings more positive result. However who will make the working environment happy after you, we will really miss you a lot. Our well wishes are always with you for your health, wealth, and success. Thank you again for everything.
Thank you all.
Welcome to everyone at this special occasion however a bitter-sweet occasion. We are gathered here to give a farewell party to one of our colleagues working here with us. It is the time to say him a nice goodbye. However, it is very sad moment for all of us to give him a farewell. I would like to share with you all some nice moments spent with him in this college. His valuable contributions to this college is not hidden to all of us. He is like an open book to us, having nice habits and character. He has given the college routine a shape and going now by leaving us all. He is the person who has followed all the etiquette in his life and taught us too. He and his works are unforgettable to us for whole life. He is my nice colleague, we have spent many great years together in this college however now we are getting separated.
He joined this college 10 years ago however, it never known to us that how this big time has passed with him happily. He was like a pillar in this college who always helped us and college authority with his strategic suggestions. We should say him a rock who has made able various students to get higher level success. He was like the maker of future to the students. He will be missed by us and students forever. Of-course he has been a part of the lifeblood of this college.
Nobody can take place after him in this college, his place would be empty without him. We should promise in front of him today to lead this college as his successor and try to manage all the functions of college according to his extraordinary high standards. We can never forget his nice meeting in the sports-ground after the college time. We were generally used to play badminton in the spare time daily after the college time. It is my gratefulness to admire him about his activeness and good energy level in the ground in such an old age. Although, today we are saying him goodbye as we cannot hold the time, it goes on its own and we have to follow it only. I would like to wish him all the very best for the rest of life.
Thank You all.
Good evening to everyone. We are here in the farewell party of my dearest colleagues who is leaving the office and all of us too. As we all know that Mr. …, who is working in the Sales Department in our office. He is our one of the best colleague. He has been an outstanding employee of the office from the date he joined the office. It is very sad to say that he is going today to join another office and we are giving him farewell party today. It is his fortune that he got new opportunity to move out of the city and join a big company however it is our misfortune that we are missing a nice colleague forever. Being the head of sales department and first of all his colleague, I would like to say here something about him.
I still remember that he joined the office as junior of mine in the sales department however his hard work and commitment towards his duty made him possible to get senior post very soon in just few months after the joining. At the time of his joining, the HR department was in little hesitation to hire him because of the lack of proper experience, however he made everyone happy due to his high level potential. He never given us an opportunity to say something bad or wrong about him. His all the contributions to the office is very clear to everyone which we can never ignore. He has greatly contributed to the sales department by improving the function of sales department.
He has made the functioning more organized and less challenging by implementing more strategic plans which we generally thought impossible to implement. His all the hard works helped us and company to move ahead in the more competitive market. Mr. …, we really will miss you very much especially for the reason when you entered a room and made us laugh daily. We can never forget your heartily dedication to your job and positive changes you made in the company. It is very difficult for us to give farewell to you and replace you with another colleague, however what we can do, we will have to follow the company norms as usual. On behalf of everyone, I wish you good luck and hope to see you as shining star.
Good evening to everyone gathered here in the farewell party of mine. I would like to say a big thank to all of you for giving me a wonderful farewell party today. My dear colleagues, as we all know that nothing is touching to heart than to learn someone. I was so much valued by all of you here in my full term of office. I am leaving today this office and most importantly my all nice colleagues which is very painful. I can not express my sorrow of leaving to all of you. You have made me so special and given me a place in your heart, really I can never forget.
I still remember all the jokes which we made together in the office and way to home. My dear colleagues, this is the place where I become so much experienced and able to move another place to go ahead in the life. I think that I do not made any contribution to this office however itself it has contributed a lot in my life by making me the person I am today. The whole duration I have worked here had given me something, it learned everything what I needed and gave me more than I required. It was really a wonderful job for me which has prepared me enough for my future.
I would like to say thank you all to give me respect, love and care for whole duration I have spent here in this office. I also would like to say thank to this organization to offer me nice job, post and most importantly the needed space to grow and allowing me to take my own decisions in the projects. I have learned here a lot from my own mistakes and developed a strong faith in myself. All the guidance I get here would be with me in my life. Joining and leaving are the regular phenomenon of everyone’s life which we must have to follow to go ahead for the betterment of the individual, society and country. Again a big thank to this company for everything it has given to me.
Thank you everyone!
How to Write and Deliver a Farewell Speech
Farewell Speech for Boss
Farewell Speech for Seniors
Farewell Speech for Teacher
Farewell Speech in Office
Farewell Speech for Students
Farewell Speech for College Students
Farewell Speech on Retirement
Farewell Speech for Friends
Farewell Speech by Students on Farewell Party
Farewell Speech by Teacher on Farewell Party
When a business associate lands a new job or gets a promotion, it is important to acknowledge this milestone by sending a note wishing them continued.