Enjoy our wise women quotes collection. Best wise women quotes selected by thousands of our users!.
Most lists of motivational quotes are dominated by the counsel of men, and it certainly isn't because women lack words of wisdom. So, I curated a list of my favorite quotes -- from luminaries living and dead, activists and athletes, authors and actors, leaders and lovers -- all women. Each of these is powerful in its own right; together, they form a motivational stew, encouraging you to seize life and sprint towards success.
1. "If I stop to kick every barking dog I am not going to get where I'm going." - Jackie Joyner-Kersee
2. "Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement." - Helen Keller
3. "You are the one that possesses the keys to your being. You carry the passport to your own happiness." - Diane von Furstenberg
4. "I was smart enough to go through any door that opened." - Joan Rivers
5. "Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputations can never effect a reform." - Susan B. Anthony
6. "When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful." - Malala Yousafzai
7. "Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement." - Golda Meir
8. "Knowing what must be done does away with fear." - Rosa Parks
9. "I didn't get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it." - Estée Lauder
10. "Power's not given to you. You have to take it." - Beyoncé Knowles Carter
11. "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." - Amelia Earhart
12. "The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves." - Barbara Corcoran
13. "You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them." - Shonda Rhimes
14. "I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done." - Lucille Ball
15. "I hope the fathers and mothers of little girls will look at them and say 'yes, women can.'" - Dilma Rousseff
16. "Beware of monotony; it's the mother of all the deadly sins." - Edith Wharton
17. "If you don't risk anything, you risk even more." - Erica Jong
18. "I have stood on a mountain of no's for one yes." - B. Smith
19. "The way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice." - Peggy O'Mara
20. "You can never leave footprints that last if you are always walking on tiptoe." - Leymah Gbowee
21. "If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one." - Dolly Parton
22. "If you think taking care of yourself is selfish, change your mind. If you don't, you're simply ducking your responsibilities." - Ann Richards
23. "You can't give up! If you give up, you're like everybody else." - Chris Evert
24. "No matter how difficult and painful it may be, nothing sounds as good to the soul as the truth." - Martha Beck
25. "Done is better than perfect." - Sheryl Sandberg
26. "One of the secrets to staying young is to always do things you don't know how to do, to keep learning." - Ruth Reichl
27. "Be first and be lonely." - Ginni Rometty
28. "One cannot accomplish anything without fanaticism." - Eva Perón
29. "Look your best - who said love is blind?" - Mae West
30. "It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent." - Madeleine Albright
31. "Don't take too much credit for your children -- or too much blame!" - Debora Spar
32. "You can imprison a man, but not an idea. You can exile a man, but not an idea. You can kill a man, but not an idea." - Benazir Bhutto
33. "Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create." - Oprah Winfrey
34. "What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make." - Jane Goodall
35. "I firmly believe you never should spend your time being the former anything." - Condoleezza Rice
36. "I may be wearing makeup, but I can throw a fastball by you at the same time." - Jennie Finch
37. "A good compromise is one where everybody makes a contribution." - Angela Merkel
38. "A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done." - Marge Piercy
39. "I choose to make the rest of my life the best of my life." - Louise Hay
40. "Drama is very important in life: You have to come on with a bang. You never want to go out with a whimper." - Julia Child
41. "If your home environment is good and peaceful and easy, your life is better and easier." - Lori Greiner
42. "In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." - Coco Chanel
43. "The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
44. "Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier." - Mother Teresa
45. "Take criticism seriously, but not personally. If there is truth or merit in the criticism, try to learn from it. Otherwise, let it roll right off you." - Hillary Clinton
46. "When we speak we are afraid our words will not be heard or welcomed. But when we are silent, we are still afraid. So it is better to speak." - Audre Lorde
47. "Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself." - Eleanor Roosevelt
48. "Women will only have true equality when men share with them the responsibility of bringing up the next generation." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
49. "Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim." - Nora Ephron
50. "You should treat your marriage like a business that you wouldn't want to let fail." - Lisa Ling
51. "It's one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself, to forgive. Forgive everybody." - Maya Angelou
52. "Change your life today. Don't gamble on the future, act now, without delay." - Simone de Beauvoir
53. "If you're not making some notable mistakes along the way, you're certainly not taking enough business and career chances." - Sallie Krawcheck
54. "A surplus of effort could overcome a deficit of confidence." - Sonia Sotomayor
55. "Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for." - Jennifer Lopez
56. "You can be the lead in your own life." - Kerry Washington
57. "When you feel copied, remember that people can only go where you have already been, they have no idea where you are going next." - Liz Lange*
58. "You can't please everyone, and you can't make everyone like you." - Katie Couric
59. "No one changes the world who isn't obsessed." - Billie Jean King
60. "Hold your head and your standards high even as people or circumstances try to pull you down." - Tory Johnson*
61. "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other." - Audrey Hepburn
62. "Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from." - Jodie Foster
63. "I am always busy, which is perhaps the chief reason why I am always well." - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
64. "I learned a long time ago that there is something worse than missing the goal, and that's not pulling the trigger." - Mia Hamm
65. "When I'm hungry, I eat. When I'm thirsty, I drink. When I feel like saying something, I say it." - Madonna
66. "Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it." - Brene Brown
67. "I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself." - Arianna Huffington
68. "I'm always perpetually out of my comfort zone." - Tory Burch
69. "If you can't go straight ahead, you go around the corner." - Cher
70. "If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie
71. "Everyone shines, given the right lighting." - Susan Cain
72. "If you're someone people count on, particularly in difficult moments, that's a sign of a life lived honorably." - Rachel Maddow
73. "When you embrace your difference, your DNA, your look or heritage or religion or your unusual name, that's when you start to shine." - Bethenny Frankel
74. "You can't be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute." - Tina Fey
75. "If you just set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing." - Margaret Thatcher
76. "The challenge is not to be perfect...it's to be whole." - Jane Fonda
77. "Don't look at your feet to see if you are doing it right. Just dance." - Anne Lamott
78. "There are two kinds of people, those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group; there is less competition there." - Indira Gandhi
79. "All careers go up and down like friendships, like marriages, like anything else, and you can't bat a thousand all the time." - Julie Andrews
80. "If somebody can do something 80 percent as good as you think you would have done it yourself, then you've got to let it go." - Sara Blakely
81. "This journey has always been about reaching your own other shore no matter what it is, and that dream continues." - Diana Nyad
82. "You have trust in what you think. If you splinter yourself and try to please everyone, you can't." - Annie Leibovitz
83. "If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love." - Princess Diana
84. "We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better." - J.K. Rowling
85. "When you're through changing, you're through." - Martha Stewart
86. "We need to start work with the idea that we're going to learn every day. I learn, even at my position, every single day." - Chanda Kochhar
87. "Cherish forever what makes you unique, cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." - Bette Midler
88. "Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak." - Rachel Zoe
89. "Dying seems less sad than having lived too little." - Gloria Steinem
90. "When I believe in something, I'm like a dog with a bone." - Melissa McCarthy
91. "Women asking for raises should not only know their value, but they should ask with the confidence that they're helping the company to be successful." - Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
92. "Whenever you are blue or lonely or stricken by some humiliating thing you did, the cure and the hope is in caring about other people." - Diane Sawyer
93. "I need to listen well so that I hear what is not said." - Thuli Madonsela
94. "I try to live in a little bit of my own joy and not let people steal it or take it." - Hoda Kotb
95. "It's not the absence of fear, it's overcoming it. Sometimes you've got to blast through and have faith." - Emma Watson
96. "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin
97. "I learned compassion from being discriminated against. Everything bad that's ever happened to me has taught me compassion." - Ellen DeGeneres
98. "When I'm tired, I rest. I say, 'I can't be a superwoman today.'" - Jada Pinkett Smith
99. "Don't live life in the past lane." - Samantha Ettus
100. "Many receive advice, only the wise profit from it." - Harper Lee
*These quotes were directly emailed to the author.
Samantha Ettus is a work/life balance expert obsessed with helping women reach their potential. Connect with her here.
REAL LIFE. REAL NEWS. REAL VOICES.
Help us tell more of the stories that matter from voices that too often remain unheard.
Join HuffPost Plus
Be motivated by these strong women quotes. Said by authors and some very famous women. May they be an inspiration to you!.
The idea of one person pledging to love one another for a lifetime is intriguing. Perhaps that's why the institution of marriage has not only endured but also inspired so many wise and witty quotes.
Interestingly, women and men have significantly different perspectives about being wed. Perhaps some of these quotations will match your feelings on the topic, whether you enjoy laughter, romance, inspiration, or anywhere in between.
"I am a good friend to my husband. I have tried to make my marriage vows mean what they say. I show up. I listen. I try to laugh."
Anna Quindlen, "A Short Guide to a Happy Life"
"Marriage is not a ritual or an end. It is a long, intricate, intimate dance together and nothing matters more than your own sense of balance and your choice of partner."
"Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a real treat."
"Marriage is a fine institution—but I'm not ready for an institution."
"I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life."
"You don't need to be on the same wavelength to succeed in marriage. You just need to be able to ride each other's waves."
Toni Sciarra Poynter, "From This Day Forward: Meditations on the First Years of Marriage"
"We are told that people stay in love because of chemistry, or because they remain intrigued with each other, because of many kindnesses, because of luck. But part of it has got to be forgiveness and gratefulness."
"I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They've experienced pain and bought jewelry."
"The people people have for friends
Your common sense appall
But the people people marry
Are the queerest folk of all."
Charlotte Perkins Gilman
"Do not marry a man to reform him. That is what reform schools are for."
"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, and always with the same person."
51 Strong Women QuotesBe motivated by these strong women quotes. Said by authors and some very famous women. May they be an inspiration to you!
Maya Angelou Quotes
Lucille Ball Quotes
Anne Frank Quotes
Mary Kay Quotes
Helen Keller Quotes
Margaret Mead Quotes
Jacquie McTaggart Quotes
Mother Teresa Quotes
Michelle C. Ustaszeski Quotes
Iyanla Vanzant Quotes
Oprah Winfrey Quotes
Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Amazon.com: Tory Anne Collections Quotes - A WISE WOMAN ONCE SAID FUCK THIS SHIT AND SHE LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER - 6 Greeting Cards with.
I seek information about a Wisewoman.
Ah, the Wisewoman... the Wisewoman.
Yes, the Wisewoman.
Two things, my lord, must thee know of the Wisewoman. First, she is... a woman. And second, she is...
You do know her then?
No, just a wild stab in the dark which is, incidentally, what you'll be getting if you don't start being a bit more helpful. Do you know where she lives?
Here. Do you have an appointment?
Well, you can go in anyway.
Thank you young crone. Here is a purse of moneys... which I'm not going to give to you.
Rate this quote:(0.00 / 0 votes)
See more of WISE WOMAN on Facebook. Log In. or Daily Inspiring Quotes Fear is what we learned here" - Marianne Williamson #women #WiseWoman.