104 quotes have been tagged as wise-man: Allan Rufus: 'Life is like a game of chess.To win you Osho, The Empty Boat: Talks on the Sayings of Chuang Tzu.
Looking for the best wisdom quotes? We’ve compiled an amazing list of top 120 famous inspirational wisdom quotes and sayings.
“Patience is the companion of wisdom.” – Saint Augustine
“Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.” – Thomas Jefferson
“Some of the best lessons we ever learn are learned from past mistakes. The error of the past is the wisdom and success of the future.” – Dale Turner
“The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.” – William James
“Cleverness is not wisdom.” – Euripides
“Wise men make more opportunities than they find.” – Francis Bacon
“The wise man hath his thoughts in his head; the fool, on his tongue.” – Ivan Panin
“The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Even when you have doubts, take that step. Take chances. Mistakes are never a failure – they can be turned into wisdom.” – Cat Cora
“True wisdom listens more, talks less and can get along with all types of people.” – Kiana Tom
“Wisdom outweighs any wealth.” – Sophocles
“Wisdom begins at the end.” – Daniel Webster
“He who devotes sixteen hours a day to hard study may become at sixty as wise as he thought himself at twenty.” – Mary Wilson Little
“All human wisdom is summed up in two words; wait and hope.” – Alexandre Dumas
“The difference between a wise and foolish man is this–the former sees much, thinks much, and speaks little; but the latter speaks more than he either sees or thinks.” – William Scott Downey
“Wisdom is the power to put our time and our knowledge to the proper use.” – Thomas J. Watson
“Wisdom comes with the ability to be still. Just look and just listen. No more is needed. Being still, looking, and listening activates the non-conceptual intelligence within you. Let stillness direct your words and actions.” – Eckhart Tolle
“Wisdom alone is the science of other sciences.” – Plato
“Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
“Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.” – Elbert Hubbard
“Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise in time.” – Theodore Roosevelt
“In life, all good things come hard, but wisdom is the hardest to come by.” – Lucille Ball
“Discipline is wisdom and vice versa.” – M. Scott Peck
“When you’re used to being prepared to reject conventional wisdom, it leaves you open to learn more.” – Mayim Bialik
“The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
“Wisdom is nothing but a preparation of the soul, a capacity, a secret art of thinking, feeling and breathing thoughts of unity at every moment of life.” – Herman Hesse
“It is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things.” – Henry David Thoreau
“Wisdom is oftentimes nearer when we stoop than when we soar.” – William Wordsworth
“In wisdom gathered over time I have found that every experience is a form of exploration.” – Ansel Adams
“Silence is the sleep that nourishes wisdom.” – Francis Bacon
“There are three methods to gaining wisdom. The first is reflection, which is the highest. The second is limitation, which is the easiest. The third is experience, which is the bitterest.” – Confucius
“Wisdom is knowledge which has become a part of one’s being.” – Orison Swett Marden
“Wisdom comes alone through suffering.” – Aeschylus
“Man’s wisdom is his best friend; folly his worst enemy.” – William Temple
“Wisdom is knowing when you can’t be wise.” – Paul Engle
“The sum of wisdom is that time is never lost that is devoted to work.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Much wisdom often goes with fewest words.” – Sophocles
“Genius unrefined resembles a flash of lightning, but wisdom is like the sun.” – Franz Grillparzer
“Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness.” – Sophocles
“There’s a beauty to wisdom and experience that cannot be faked. It’s impossible to be mature without having lived.” – Amy Grant
“Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life.” – Immanuel Kant
“We must expect reverses, even defeats. They are sent to teach us wisdom and prudence, to call forth greater energies, and to prevent our falling into greater disasters.” – Robert E. Lee
“Wisdom is a kind of knowledge. It is knowledge of the nature, career, and consequences of human values.” – Sidney Hook
“Wisdom is the abstract of the past, but beauty is the promise of the future.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
“Along with success comes a reputation for wisdom.” – Euripides
“Wisdom lies neither in fixity nor in change, but in the dialectic between the two. A constant coming and going: wisdom lies in the momentary.” – Octavio Paz
“It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.” – Epictetus
“Earthly wisdom is doing what comes naturally. Godly wisdom is doing what the Holy Spirit compels us to do.” – Charles Stanley
“Counsel woven into the fabric of real life is wisdom.” – Walter Benjamin
“Great wisdom is generous; petty wisdom is contentious. Great speech is impassioned, small speech cantankerous.” – Zhuangzi
“I actually think with age comes some level of wisdom.” – Nina Totenberg
“With age comes common sense and wisdom.” – Nas
“Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
“Wisdom does not show itself so much in precept as in life – in firmness of mind and a mastery of appetite. It teaches us to do as well as to talk; and to make our words and actions all of a color.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
“The best way to obtain truth and wisdom is not to ask from books, but to go to God in prayer, and obtain divine teaching.” – Joseph Smith, Jr.
“Wisdom begins in wonder.” – Socrates
“Better be wise by the misfortunes of others than by your own.” – Aesop
“Wisdom and understanding can only become the possession of individual men by travelling the old road of observation, attention, perseverance, and industry.” – Samuel Smiles
“If suffering brings wisdom, I would wish to be less wise.” – William Butler Yeats
“To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future.” – Plutarch
“Losing faith in your own singularity is the start of wisdom, I suppose; also the first announcement of death.” – Peter Conrad
“A loving heart is the truest wisdom.” – Charles Dickens
“There is a difference between happiness and wisdom: he that thinks himself the happiest man is really so; but he that thinks himself the wisest is generally the greatest fool.” – Francis Bacon
“What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
“Remembering is painful, it’s difficult, but it can be inspiring and it can give wisdom.” – Paul Greengrass
“Our happiness depends on wisdom all the way.” – Sophocles
“Wisdom consists of the anticipation of consequences.” – Norman Cousins
“A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation.” – Moliere
“To profit from good advice requires more wisdom than to give it.” – Wilson Mizner
“I think it’s nice to age gracefully. OK, you lose the youth, a certain stamina and dewy glow, but what you gain on the inside as a human being is wonderful: the wisdom, the acceptance and the peace of mind. It’s a fair exchange.” – Cherie Lunghi
“True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.” – Socrates
“The truest wisdom is a resolute determination.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“Sometimes I am happy and sometimes not. I am, after all, a human being, you know. And I am glad that we are sometimes happy and sometimes not. You get your wisdom working by having different emotions.” – Yoko Ono
“The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance.” – Benjamin Franklin
“There is a wisdom of the head, and a wisdom of the heart.” – Charles Dickens
“Wisdom sails with wind and time.” – John Florio
“Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.” – Brian O’Driscoll
“Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.” – Khalil Gibran
“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.” – Jimi Hendrix
“Be happy. It’s one way of being wise.” – Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
“Wisdom is not attained by years, but by ability.” – Plautus
“Follow your instincts. That’s where true wisdom manifests itself.” – Oprah Winfrey
“We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.” – George Bernard Shaw
“To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe.” – Marilyn vos Savant
“Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment.” – Lao Tzu
“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” – Socrates
“Those who improve with age embrace the power of personal growth and personal achievement and begin to replace youth with wisdom, innocence with understanding, and lack of purpose with self-actualization.” – Bo Bennett
“The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.” – Reinhold Niebuhr
“He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.” – Aeschylus
“Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.” – Buddha
“The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.” – William Blake
“Of all the things which wisdom provides to make us entirely happy, much the greatest is the possession of friendship.” – Epicurus
“Whenever you argue with another wiser than yourself in order that others may admire your wisdom, they will discover your ignorance.” – Saadi
“Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.” – Confucius
“Hatred is corrosive of a person’s wisdom and conscience; the mentality of enmity can poison a nation’s spirit, instigate brutal life and death struggles, destroy a society’s tolerance and humanity, and block a nation’s progress to freedom and democracy.” – Liu Xiaobo
“Cunning… is but the low mimic of wisdom.” – Plato
“God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” – Reinhold Niebuhr
“Silence is true wisdom’s best reply.” – Euripides
“The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
“The gateways to wisdom and learning are always open, and more and more I am choosing to walk through them. Barriers, blocks, obstacles, and problems are personal teachers giving me the opportunity to move out of the past and into the Totality of Possibilities.” – Louise L. Hay
“From the errors of others, a wise man corrects his own.” – Publilius Syrus
“Who is wise in love, love most, say least.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
“This is the highest wisdom that I own; freedom and life are earned by those alone who conquer them each day anew.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
“To keep your secret is wisdom; but to expect others to keep it is folly.” – Samuel Johnson
“We respect our elders. There is wisdom that comes from experience, and I am not going to stop learning from wise counsel.” – Marcia Fudge
“Lord, bless me with the ability to achieve all that I can, and the wisdom to realize it doesn’t all have to be by tomorrow!” – William Eardley IV
“Memory is the mother of all wisdom.” – Aeschylus
“No man was ever wise by chance.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
“The older I get the more wisdom I find in the ancient rule of taking first things first. A process which often reduces the most complex human problem to a manageable proportion.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
“Wisdom is found only in truth.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
“You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can’t practice to attain wisdom.” – Herbie Hancock
“The wisdom of the wise, and the experience of ages, may be preserved by quotation.” – Isaac D’Israeli
“If I don’t have wisdom, I can teach you only ignorance.” – Leo Buscaglia
“Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
“Wisdom allows nothing to be good that will not be so forever; no man to be happy but he that needs no other happiness than what he has within himself; no man to be great or powerful that is not master of himself.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
“We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery.” – Samuel Smiles
“Strength and wisdom are not opposing values.” – William J. Clinton
“I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us, that the less we use our power the greater it will be.” – Thomas Jefferson
“Sciences may be learned by rote, but wisdom not.” – Laurence Sterne
“We all admire the wisdom of people who come to us for advice.” – Arthur Helps
Here we bring you wise sayings, an extensive collection of inspirational, make, but a man of wisdom always makes good choices and seldom makes mistakes.
The best wisdom quotes and sayings have the power to give a new direction to your life. Someone once said that knowledge lies in piling up facts, but it is wisdom that simplifies it. Knowledge is important, but wisdom is even more important than it. Even happiness is incomplete without wisdom.
Almost all great men and women have said at least something about or related to wisdom. Here are our favorite wisdom quotes for you to learn from or to share with your friends and loved ones.
Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.
Alfred Lord Tennyson
Knowledge is flour, but wisdom is bread.
In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it – thou art a fool.
One should speak little with others and much with oneself.
Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time.
Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart.
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.
The aim of education is the knowledge, not of facts, but of values.
William S. Burroughs
A day of travelling will bring a basketful of learning.
Knowledge is power and enthusiasm pulls the switch.
No thief, however skillful, can rob one of knowledge, and that is why knowledge is the best and safest treasure to acquire.
L. Frank Baum
Doubt is the key to knowledge.
Not to know is bad, not to wish to know is worse.
Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Check out these Words of Wisdom.
Instead of seeking new landscapes, develop new eyes.
The old believe everything; the middle-aged suspect everything, the young know everything.
Confidence is ignorance. If you’re feeling cocky, it’s because there’s something you don’t know.
The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge.
Knowledge is more than equivalent to force.
Note: If you have any suggestions for our wisdom quotes collection, please let us know via the contact page. Thanks.
Zeal without knowledge is fire without light.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
Daniel J. Boorstin
It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.
Knowledge is power.
Nourish the mind like you would your body. The mind cannot survive on junk food.
Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won’t come in.
The only source of knowledge is experience.
To know that we know what we know, and that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge.
Henry David Thoreau
Tip: Consider using some of these wisdom quotes for graduation photo captions.
In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
A blind person who sees is better than a seeing person who is blind.
Wisdom comes with the ability to be still. Just look and just listen. No more is needed. Being still, looking, and listening activates the non-conceptual intelligence within you. Let stillness direct your words and actions.
The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn’t being said.
A proverb is one man’s wit and all men’s wisdom.
Lord John Russell
The wise man hath his thoughts in his head; the fool, on his tongue.
The only disability in life is a bad attitude.
All’s well that ends well.
Deal with the faults of others as gently as your own.
An intelligent man believes only half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half.
Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
George Bernard Shaw
Even a fish wouldn’t get into trouble if it kept its mouth shut.
Look about, my son, and see how little wisdom it takes to govern the world.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and he’ll eat forever.
Be very slow to believe that you are wiser than all others; it is a fatal but common error.
Charles Caleb Colton
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Socrates – one of the ultimate wisdom quotes!
Wisdom is the daughter of experience.
Leonardo Da Vinci
All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man.
Henry David Thoreau
The difference between a wise and foolish man is this–the former sees much, thinks much, and speaks little; but the latter speaks more than he either sees or thinks.
William Scott Downey
Wisdom is oft times nearer when we stoop than when we soar.
Wisdom comes only through suffering.
Wisdom consists of the anticipation of consequences.
Wisdom is a treasure, the key whereof is never lost.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
There is a wisdom of the Head, and … there is a wisdom of the Heart.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness.
Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you’d have preferred to talk.
It is characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things.
Henry David Thoreau
Like water in the desert is wisdom to the soul.
The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.
It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: The music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Wisdom is knowing what to do next; skill is knowing how to do it; and virtue is doing it.
David Starr Jordan
Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life.
Wisdom is understanding when to ask questions.
Brian Herbert & Kevin J. Anderson
We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.
George Bernard Shaw
Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.
Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.
George Bernard Shaw
Ability has nothing to do with opportunity.
A smart man makes a mistake, learns from it, and never makes that mistake again. But a wise man finds a smart man and learns from him how to avoid the mistake altogether.
Roy H. Williams
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.
John C. Maxwell
To generalize is to be an idiot.
I’m not the smartest fellow in the world, but I can sure pick smart colleagues.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.
Half of being smart is knowing what you are dumb about.
It’s like the smarter you are, the more things can scare you.
I was a smart kid, but I hated school.
The only freedom you truly have is in your mind, so use it.
Being aware of your fear is smart. Overcoming it is the mark of a successful person.
Giving up is always an option, but not always a failure.
I’m lazy! I hate work! Hate hard work in all its forms! Clever shortcuts, that’s all I’m about!
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.
There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.
A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
By the way, intelligence to me isn’t just being book-smart or having a college degree; it’s trusting your gut instincts, being intuitive, thinking outside the box, and sometimes just realizing that things need to change and being smart enough to change it.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.
Socrates – The wisdom quotes master
The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
You’re on Best Wisdom Quotes for the Intelligent.
You might like:
Wise Quotes and Sayings to Ponder
Top Cool Quotes
To Share is Divine...
Chinese proverbs and four-plus character idioms are developed from the formulaic or social expression, and historical story in Chinese.
You’ve probably seen them all around the web, on images, motivational pictures and so on. Most of them dating way, way back to hundreds of years ago.
1. ““After you” is good manners.” – Chinese Proverb
2. “A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every person leaves a mark.” – Chinese Proverb
3. “A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials.” – Chinese Proverb
4. “A single conversation with a wise man is worth a month’s study of books.” – Chinese Proverb
5. “Be not disturbed at being misunderstood; be disturbed rather at not being understanding.”” – Chinese Proverb
6. “Do not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid of standing still.” – Chinese Proverb
7. “Give me a fish and I eat for a day. Teach me to fish and I eat for a lifetime.” – Chinese Proverb
8. “He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight.” – Chinese Proverb
9. “If you must play, decide upon three things at the start: the rules of the game, the stakes, and the quitting time.” – Chinese Proverb
10. “If your mind is strong, all difficult things will become easy. If your mind is weak, all easy things will become difficult.” – Chinese Proverb
11. “love at first sight. It’s generally used for people, but you can also use it for other physical objects.” – Chinese Proverb
12. “Opportunity knocks at the door only once.” – Chinese Proverb
13. “Tell me and I’ll forget. Show me and I may remember. Involves me and I’ll understand.” – Chinese Proverb
14. “The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Chinese Proverb
15. “Time is money, and it is difficult for one to use money to get time.” – Chinese Proverb
16. “When the winds of change blows, some people build walls and others build windmills.” – Chinese Proverb
17. “A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.” – Chinese Proverb
18. “A diamond with a flaw is better than a common stone that is perfect.” – Chinese Proverb
19. “A good book is a good friend.” – Chinese Proverb
20. “A straight foot is not afraid of a crooked shoe.” – Chinese Proverb
21. “Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.” – Chinese Proverb
22. “Do not confine your children to your own learning, for they were born in another time.” – Chinese Proverb
23. “Giving your son a skill is better than giving him one thousand pieces of gold.” – Chinese Proverb
24. “I hear and I forget, I see and I remember. I do and I understand.” – Chinese Proverb
25. “If you plan for one year, plant rice. If you plan for ten years, plant trees, If you plan for 100 years, educate mankind.” – Chinese Proverb
26. “If your strength is small, don’t carry heavy burdens. If your words are worthless, don’t give advice.” – Chinese Proverb
27. “Love is not about possession, it’s all about appreciation.” – Chinese Proverb
28. “Outside noisy, inside empty.” – Chinese Proverb
29. “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.” – Chinese Proverb
30. “The person who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” – Chinese Proverb
31. “To believe in one’s dreams is to spend all of one’s life asleep.” – Chinese Proverb
32. “When you say one thing, the clever person understands three.” – Chinese Proverb
33. “A bit of fragrance clings to the hand that gives flowers.” – Chinese Proverb
34. “A filthy mouth will not utter decent language.” – Chinese Proverb
35. “A journey of a thousand miles begin with a single step.” – Chinese Proverb
36. “A wise man makes his own decisions. An ignorant man follows public opinion.” – Chinese Proverb
37. “Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Chinese Proverb
38. “Do not impose others what yourself do not desire.” – Chinese Proverb
39. “He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.” – Chinese Proverb
40. “If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.” – Chinese Proverb
41. “If you stand straight, do not fear a crooked shadow.” – Chinese Proverb
42. “Insanity is doing the same thing in the same way and expecting a different outcome.” – Chinese Proverb
43. “Make happy those who are near, and those who are far will come.” – Chinese Proverb
44. “Parents who are afraid to put their foot down usually have children who step on their toes.” – Chinese Proverb
45. “The best fighter is never angry.” – Chinese Proverb
46. “The person who says something is impossible should not interrupt the person who is doing it.” – Chinese Proverb
47. “To forget one’s ancestor’s is to be a brook without a source, a tree without root.” – Chinese Proverb
48. “With true friends… even water drunk together is sweet enough.” – Chinese Proverb
49. “A book holds a house of gold.” – Chinese Proverb
50. “A fool judges people by the presents they give him.” – Chinese Proverb
51. “A man should choose a friend who is better than himself. There are plenty of acquaintances in the world; but very few real friends.” – Chinese Proverb
52. “All things are difficult before they are easy.” – Chinese Proverb
53. “Coming events cast their shadows before them.” – Chinese Proverb
54. “Don’t fear the enemy that attacks you, but the fake friend that hugs you.” – Chinese Proverb
55. “He who depends on himself will attain the greatest happiness.” – Chinese Proverb
56. “If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people.” – Chinese Proverb
57. “If you survived a storm, you won’t be bothered by the rain.” – Chinese Proverb
58. “Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.” – Chinese Proverb
59. “One generation plants the trees, and another gets the shade.” – Chinese Proverb
60. “Silence is a source of great strength.” – Chinese Proverb
61. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
62. “The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed.” – Chinese Proverb
63. “To talk much and arrive nowhere is the same as climbing a tree to catch a fish.” – Chinese Proverb
64. “Your teacher can open the door, but you must enter by yourself.” – Chinese Proverb
65. “A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.” – Chinese Proverb
66. “A friend to everybody is a friend to nobody.” – Chinese Proverb
67. “A man who chases two rabbits catches neither.” – Chinese Proverb
68. “Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” – Chinese Proverb
69. “Distance tests a horse’s strength. Time reveals a person’s character.” – Chinese Proverb
70. “Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.” – Chinese Proverb
71. “He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.” – Chinese Proverb
72. “If you don’t want anyone to know it, don’t do it” – Chinese Proverb
73. “If you want happiness for an hour — take a nap. If you want happiness for a day — go fishing. If you want happiness for a month — get married. If you want happiness for a year — inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime — help someone else.” – Chinese Proverb
74. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Chinese Proverb
75. “Opportunities don’t just happen, you create them.” – Chinese Proverb
76. “Teachers open the door but you must walk through it yourself.” – Chinese Proverb
77. “The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall.” – Chinese Proverb
78. “There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same.” – Chinese Proverb
79. “When anger arises, think of the consequences.” – Chinese Proverb
Thanks for viewing this collection of the best Chinese proverbs, quotes and sayings. Don’t forget to share them on social media.
It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves. Francois De The wise man should be prepared for everything that does not lie within his control. Pythagoras.
Many famous people around the world provides a gem of a wise saying.
When you happy, lonely life of hope that wise saying!
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. "cs lewis"
wise saying this precious one line - if get you hope~ Developers can feel it rewarding
- inspirational and motivational quotes
-provide more then 1500 wisdom quotes /wise saying
- Random wise saying , My wise saying , Scraps, sayings Classifieds full view, search, Wisw saying to add, delete , and voice search function
- My wise saying ( my own wise saying ) , wise saying to add, modify , delete, search, backup feat , scrap function
- Save quotes as favorites
- Share quotes to your friend via social media and email
-Hear everyday wisdom quotes via voice
- Clip art stores , mail , text , Facebook, Twitter, etc. can share with your friends wise saying Post
- Filter (love, Life, success, time, effort, hope, challenge, confidence, art, learning, reading, friendship, humility, honor, health, happiness, couple sayings) to view support
-saying a wise words is a art ,and art never die
- Various configuration functions.
Dec 17, 2011 1- I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize. 2- Borrow money from pessimists – they don't expect it back. 3- Half the people you know are below average.