Best wise women quotes selected by thousands of our users! A wise woman wishes to be no one's enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone's victim.
Marilyn Monroe was an iconic American actress, who sadly committed suicide in 1962, at just 36 years old.
Monroe became one of the most iconic sex symbols of the 1950’s, and her quotes are highly aimed at females and relationships.
Here’s our collection of 35 inspiring Marilyn Monroe quotes and sayings:
1. “Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and remind them who they’re dealing with.” – Marilyn Monroe
2. “Keep smiling because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.” – Marilyn Monroe
3. “We should all start to live before we get old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.” – Marilyn Monroe
4. “Imperfection is beauty. Madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” – Marilyn Monroe
5. “A wise girl kisses but doesn’t love, listens but doesn’t believe, and leaves before she is left.” – Marilyn Monroe
6. “You better believe when the conversation is getting shorter with you… it’s getting longer with someone else.” – Marilyn Monroe
7. “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times tough to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” – Marilyn Monroe
8. “A girl knows her limits but a wise girl knows she has none.” – Marilyn Monroe
9. “If I worry about other bitches, I’d be just like them… another worried b***h.” – Marilyn Monroe
10. “When it comes down to it, let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I’m already better than them anyway.” – Marilyn Monroe
11. “I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil, and I am just a small girl in a big world. Trying to find someone to love.” – Marilyn Monroe
12. “I think that love and work are the only things that really happen to us.” – Marilyn Monroe
13. “Sometimes good things fall apart, so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
14. “A girl doesn’t need anyone who doesn’t need her.” – Marilyn Monroe
15. “Respect is one of life’s greatest treasures. I mean, what does it all add up to if you don’t have that?” – Marilyn Monroe
16. “Sweetie, if you’re going to be two-faced, at least make one of them pretty.” – Marilyn Monroe
17. “Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.” – Marilyn Monroe
18. “Always, always, always believe in yourself. Because if you don’t, then who will, sweetie?” – Marilyn Monroe
19. “To all the girls who think you’re fat because you’re not a size zero. You’re the beautiful one. It’s society who’s ugly.” – Marilyn Monroe
20. “Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn’t that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you.” – Marilyn Monroe
21. “She was a girl who knew how to be happy even when she was sad. And that’s sad.” – Marilyn Monroe
22. “I don’t mind living in a man’s world as long as I can be a woman in it.” – Marilyn Monroe
23. “It’s better to be unhappy alone, then to be unhappy with someone else.” – Marilyn Monroe
24. “They think I’m crazy, but trust me… I’m 100% there.” – Marilyn Monroe
25. “I think there’s two things in human beings… that they want to be alone, but they also want to be together.” – Marilyn Monroe
26. “A smile is the best makeup a girl can wear.” – Marilyn Monroe
27. “I’m the type of person that tries to fall back asleep in the morning just to finish a dream.” – Marilyn Monroe
28. “Dreaming about being an actress, is more exciting then being one.” – Marilyn Monroe
29. “Sometimes I think it would be easier to avoid old age; to die young. But then you’d never complete your life, would you? You’d never wholly know you.” – Marilyn Monroe
30. “A man has a tendency to accept you the way you are, while most women immediately start to pick flaws and want to change you.” – Marilyn Monroe
31. “Sometimes I’ve been to a party where no one spoke to me for a whole evening. The men, frightened by their wives or sweeties, would give me a wide berth. And the ladies would gang up in a corner to discuss my dangerous character.” – Marilyn Monroe
32. “I think one of the basic reasons men make good friends is that they can make up their minds quickly.” – Marilyn Monroe
33. “Fame is fickle, and I know it. It has its compensations but it also has its drawbacks, and I’ve experienced them both.” – Marilyn Monroe
34. “Naturally, there are times when every woman likes to be flattered… to feel she is the most important thing in someone’s world. Only a man can paint this picture.” – Marilyn Monroe
35. “No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they’re pretty, even if they aren’t.” – Marilyn Monroe
Thanks for viewing this collection of the best Marilyn Monroe quotes! Don’t forget to share them on social media using the buttons below.
Inspirational QuotesMotivational Quotes
Dan Western is the founder of Wealthy Gorilla. Dan has been running Wealthy Gorilla for the last 5 years, whilst traveling the world and being able to call Bali, Indonesia, his HQ. To this day, Wealthy Gorilla has become one of the fastest growing self-development sites in the world; with over 40 million views worldwide, and more than 200,000 followers on social media. Dan's mission is simply, to inspire others to live their dreams and be the person to whom they say; "Because of you, I never gave up."
These are some beautiful quotes to read when you are depressed, sad or just need a little bit of motivation! Love yourself, read them, raise and shine!.
Marilyn Monroe was a charismatic and most alluring woman of the 20th Century. She was having a spectacular and flabbergasting beauty which could make anyone go mad for her. Marilyn Monroe was equally a pop and a cultural icon. People always showed their keen interest in knowing about her life and career.
A gorgeous and dazzling lady whose birth name was Norma Jeane Mortenson, was remarkable in her outlook and acting. She was a flawless actress, songster, model and a sex pictogram. She wanted to reconnoiter & explore more about herself. Her sayings and quotes give us a vivid glimpse of her strong and active view of life. Nevertheless her sayings are the milestones & boulders of wisdom and brainpower she possessed.
Today I am gladly unfolding 30 inspiring famous Marilyn Monroe’ quotes & sayings about love & life. Every quote of Marilyn Monroe endorses flamboyant and pure index which is in itself meaningful. Wittiness, sarcasm and irony make her sayings & quotes inspiring. Her quotes provide spick and span lessons and uncluttered teachings of life. Hope this post is going to drive you wise and sagacious . Enjoy!
Famous people not only love Hawaii but many have homes here. In Maui you never know if you might famous musicians like Willie Nelson, Mick Fleetwood, Jack Johnson or Steven Tyler doing impromptu gigs or sit ins at local bars. They all have homes here on the island and visit often. Other entertainers simply reference Maui as a luxurious or extravagant place. Some have fallen in love with the lifestyle and can’t help writing about it. Here are a few modern day quotes from people you’ve heard of and maybe some you haven’t…Enjoy!
“People have nannies and big cars, and they want to go to Maui for Christmas. When there are those kind of stakes involved, people get ruthless.”
Author: Amy Sherman Palladino
. “You’re really spread out now, you’ve got stuff all over the WORLD! You’ve got stuff at home, stuff in storage, stuff in Honolulu, stuff in Maui, stuff in your pockets…supply lines are getting longer and harder to maintain.”
Author: George Carlin
. “I love Hawaii. I really enjoy surfing in Oahu, and Waianae is such a great area. And Maui – I like Maui a lot, too.”
Author: Troy Polamalu
I can’t even speak Hawaiian, but if you go there and listen to a Hawaiian song, you get captured because it’s so beautiful, like the melody is just gorgeous and you know Bob Marley is on the radio every single day. It’s very reggae-influenced down there. Basically, you haven’t been to paradise if you haven’t been to Hawaii. — Bruno Mars
Most of my ukulele heroes were traditional players from Hawaii, like Eddie Kamae and Ohta-san. There may not be uke stars in popular culture, but there are certainly pop stars that play uke – George Harrison, Eddie Vedder, Taylor Swift, Train, and Paul McCartney. Jake Shimabukuro
Hawaii is paradise. It sounds cheesy to say it, but there’s music in the air there. Bruno Mars
I grew up in a musical family; the majority of my growing up was done in Hawaii. It’s what we do. You sing, you dance, you play ukulele and you drink. Dwayne Johnson
Kaohinani is a Hawaiian word meaning gatherer of beautiful things. — Rob Brezsny – a writer, poet, and musician.
Aloha is the unconditional desire to promote the true good of other people in a friendly spirit out of a sense of kinship. — Abraham Akaka –Rev. Akaka was Kahu (shepherd) of Kawaiahaʻo Church in Honolulu,
Nature is where it all begins for the Hawaiians. In fact, they call themselves keiki o ka aina children of the land’. —M.J. Harden Author of Voices of Wisdom Hawaiian Elders Speak – Owner of Hike Maui
I believe Hawaii is the most precious jewel in the world. — Don Ho
Whether a visitor or kama’aina (resident), the beauty of the Hawaiian Islands inspires the heart and mind. — Unknown
I can always remember that experience in Hawaii pleasantly on account of Elvis. — Minnie Pearl
For me the magic of Hawaii comes from the stillness, the sea, the stars. — Joanne Harris best known for her award-winning novel Chocolat
Hawaii is the island of big dreams for both islanders and guests. Those dreams born in paradise can, indeed come true. — Sharon Linnea writer of award-winning biographies of Princess Ka’iulani
Wittiness, sarcasm and irony make her sayings & quotes inspiring. “A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves.
Africa is known to have a very rich culture and part of it can easily be seen in African quotes. Some of the African quotes which are usually regarded to as the sayings of the wise have been around for more than 500 years when they were first coined by the wise ones and the heroes among our fathers. Many more are still being said by some of our present day influential figures which includes the likes of Nelson Mandela.
African quotes have so many uses in African culture and beyond. From admonishment to portraying excellent communication skills, these African sayings of the wise come in handy and it pays to have a few of them right up your sleeve as it serves as a double-edged sword whose purpose is to drive your thoughts and words right through the minds of the least understanding souls. Answers Africa brings you some of the famous African sayings that will leave you inspired.
1. “I am an African, not because I was born in Africa but because Africa is born in me” – Kwame Nkrumah
2. Always being in a hurry does not prevent death, neither does going slowly prevent living.
3. If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
4. “I am a Negro: Black as the night is black, Black like the depths of my Africa.” – Langston Hughes, Negro
5. “A man who makes trouble for others is also making trouble for himself.”- Chinua Achebe.
6. When the elderly ones in a house travel, the younger ones quickly grow in experience.
7. Patience can cook a stone.
8. “You are either alive and proud or you are dead, and when you are dead, you can’t care anyway.”- Steven Biko.
9. “Half education is more dangerous than no education” – Chris Ukaobasi
10. He who loves the vase loves also what is inside.
11. One who causes others misfortune also teaches them wisdom.
12. If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven’t spent a night with a mosquito.
13. “Traveling- it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller”- Ibn Battuta.
14. When the cock crows, it signals a new day… Good Morning.
15. Cross the river in a crowd and the crocodile won’t eat you. ~ African quote
16. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” -Nelson Mandela
17. Knowledge without wisdom is like water in the sand.
18. “For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.” – African quote
19. When brothers fight to the death, a stranger inherits their father’s estate.
20. “After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.” – Nelson Mandela
21. Marriage is like a groundnut; you have to crack it to see what is inside.
22. “The Black skin is not a badge of shame, but rather a glorious symbol of national greatness”- Marcus Garvey.
23. Only the tortoise knows what is hidden in its shell
24. “While revolutionaries as individuals can be murdered, you cannot kill ideas.” – Thomas Sankara
25. You learn how to cut down trees by cutting them down.
26. To overfill the pot is to break it.
27. The sheep with a strong master sleeps with his tail outside the house.
28. The falling of dry leaves on top of a tree is a warning to other leaves on the tree…So be careful, never celebrate other people downfall.
29. Nobody is born wise. ~ African quote
30. “If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work, then every woman in Africa would be a millionaire.” – George Monbiot
31. “When the heart overflows, it comes out through the mouth.” ~ Ethiopian quote
32. To run is not necessarily to arrive.
33. “Power concedes nothing without a demand… It never did and it never will.” –Frederick Douglass
34. “Hold a true friend with both of your hands.” – Nigerian Quote
35. “For Africa to me… is more than a glamorous fact. It is a historical truth. No man can know where he is going unless he knows exactly where he has been and exactly how he arrived at his present place.” – Maya Angelou
36. “My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together.”- Desmond Tutu
37. A goat is never pronounced innocent if the judge is a leopard.
38. A man does not wander far from where his corn is roasting.
39. “Pretend you are dead and you will see who really loves you”. – African quote
40. Home affairs are not talked about on the public square.
41. “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth”. – Muhammad Ali
42. There is no better mirror than an old friend.
43. If you are filled with pride, then you will have no room for wisdom.
44. “It always seems impossible until its done.” – Nelson Mandela
45. “It is much easier to show compassion to animals.They are never wicked.”- Haile Selassie.
46. A fool and water will go the way they are diverted.
47. Two ants do not fail to pull one grasshopper.
48. The remedy against bad times is to have patience with them.
49. Do not tell the man who is carrying you that he stinks.
50. Ashes fly back into the face of him who throws them.
51. Do not try to fight a lion if you are not one yourself.
52. A family is like a forest, when you are outside it is dense, when you are inside you see that each tree has its place.
53. A good thing sells itself, a bad one advertises itself.
54. Until lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter.
55. To have a good enemy, choose a friend: he knows where to strike.
56. Everybody has been young before, but not everybody has been old before.
57. To love the king is not bad, but a king who loves you is better.
58. The lion does not turn around when a small dog barks.
59. It is better to be loved than feared.
60. He who is carried on another’s back does not appreciate how far off the town is.
61. Patience puts a crown on the head.
62. Whether the knife falls on the melon or the melon on the knife, the melon suffers.
63. Wisdom does not come overnight.
64. If you refuse to be made straight when you are green, you will not be made straight when you are dry.
65. The fool speaks, the wise man listens.
66. Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die.
67. He who earns calamity, eats it with his family.
68. It is the calm and silent water that drowns a man.
69. Not to know is bad. Not to wish to know is worse.
70. To get lost is to learn the way.
71. “Books and all forms of writing are terror to those who wish to suppress the truth.”- Wole Soyinka
72. “After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb” – Nelson Mandela
73. When a needle falls into a deep well, many people will look into the well, but few will be ready to go down after it.
74. Ears that do not listen to advice, accompany the head when it is chopped off.
75. By going and coming a bird weaves its nest.
76. “If we knew the meaning to everything that is happening to us, then there would be no meaning.” – Idi Amin
77. Wisdom is like a baobab tree; no one individual can embrace it.
78. One of the truest tests of integrity is its blunt refusal to be compromised.”- Chinua Achebe
79. You do not cut down the green trees when the dried ones are standing erect.
80. What the family talks about in the evening, the child will talk about in the morning.
81. Love never gets lost it’s only kept.
82. If you marry a monkey for his wealth, the money goes and the monkey remains as is.
83. The old woman looks after the child to grow its teeth and the young one in turn looks after the old woman when she loses her teeth.
84. When the crocodile smiles, be extra careful.
85. The lion that kills is the one that does not roar.
86. “Rich man’s dog gets more in way of medical care than do the workers upon whom the rich man’s wealth is built.”- Samora Machel.
87. No matter how acrobatic a masquerade may be, he trails behind the monkey.
88. The eye crosses the river before the body.
89. When the mouse laughs at the cat, there is a hole nearby.
90. A happy man marries the girl he loves, but a happier man loves the girl he marries.
91. A single bracelet does not jingle.
92. The wise create proverbs for fools to learn, not to repeat.
93. Brothers love each other when they are equally rich.
94. If your mother-in-law does not know how to sit properly, you should know how to watch properly.
95. If we stand tall it is because we stand on the backs of those who came before us.
96. “To be impartial…is indeed to have taken sides already…with the status quo.” – Desmond Tutu.
97. No matter how d wild howls, d mountain cannot bow to it.
98. If you close your eyes to facts, you will learn through accidents.
99. If the dynamic display of power & strength of a Lion means nothing to you, then call cat to do the same in front of Lion.
100. By the time the fool has learned the game, the players have dispersed.
101. However hot the sun, it will never dry the sea.
102. If you close your eyes while cutting a tree, you are likely to cut human being with it.
103. “It is better to die for an idea that will live than to live for an idea that will die.” – Onkgopotse Tiro
104. “We’re a sentimental people. We like a few kind words better than millions of dollars given in a humiliating way.”- Gamal Abdel Nasser.
105. If your mother-in-law does not know how to sit properly, you should know how to watch properly.
106. It is the child that died in the middle of the night that causes mammoth crowd in front of his mothers house.
107. “Revolutions are brought about by men, by men who think as men of action and act as men of thought.”- Kwame Nkrumah.
108. If you sleep because you don’t want to die, you will die because you don’t sleep.
Funny Women Quotes Quotes and Sayings: Here's all you have to know about Tell a woman something, it goes in both ears and comes out through the mouth.