Use these sympathy messages to send to someone who has lost her husband and show them that you are there for them.
Writing a condolence message is not always an easy task mostly because of the deep emotion that is involved in the writing, the writer’s aim is always to pass a sympathy message to the bereaved family and friends, letting them know how much he/she share in their sad feeling of losing a loved one. In writing this, one needs to be careful in order not to send the wrong message during this sensitive moment, hence this message can serve as a guide to writing one of the best condolence messages.
1. You and your family are in my/our heart/s and mind/s. My/Our condolences on the passing of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.).
2. I/We extend our deepest sympathies to you and your family. May the soul of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) be at peace with our Heavenly Father.
3. We/I can’t imagine what you must be feeling right now, but we/I want you to know that we are just a phone call away if there is anything we can do to help you get through this. My/Our heartfelt condolences.
4. I am honored and blessed to have known your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) He/She was truly a blessing in my/our life/lives and I/we will miss him/her. My/Our condolences.
5. May care and love of those around you provide comfort and peace to get you through the days ahead. My/Our most sincere condolences.
6. Remembering her wonderful and gentle soul will forever remain in our hearts. May she / he rest in peace!
7. A good heart has stopped beating, a good soul ascended to heaven. We part with our beloved grandmother in pain.
8. We will never forget you. We will pray for her as she prayed for us. May God give her eternal rest.
9. We will never forget the image of her gentle and bright face. May God give her eternal rest and the family the strength to bear the great pain.
10. I/We offer you my/our thoughts, prayers and well-wishes during this dark time in your life.
11. It’s terrible to hear about your loss and I/we express my/our sincere sympathy to you and your family, I/we will include your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) in our thoughts and prayers.
12. I/We are deeply saddened by the loss that you and your family have encountered. My/Our hearts go out to you during this trying time and may my/our prayers serve as comfort to you and your loved ones.
13. I/We hope that our Lord brings you and your family the much-needed comfort and peace during this sad time. My/Our condolences to you and your family.
14. May our/my condolences bring you comfort and may our/my prayers ease the pain of this loss.
15. Prayers and fond memories are what we have to remember our dearly departed. May the love of family and friends comfort you during these difficult days, our/my most heartfelt condolences.
16. I/We am/are truly sorry to hear of the loss of (insert name of deceased here.). Please accept our condolences and may our prayers help comfort you and hasten the journey of his/her soul to Heaven.
17. May our Lord bless and comfort you and your family during this time of grief. Please accept my/our sincere condolences.
18. Please accept our/my condolences, just know that we/I are/am here for you, please don’t hesitate to reach out, especially during this difficult time.
19. My/Our deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. May God give you the comfort and peace that you seek and may the soul of your loved one rest in peace.
20. I/We am/are deeply saddened by the news of your loss. I/We pray that God will grant you the strength needed to get through this moment in your life. My/Our most sincere condolences.
21. My/our heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family. I/We will surely miss the presence of a truly loveable and kind person.
22. I/We are truly sorry for your loss. Your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) will be missed and he/she will never be forgotten, may his/her soul rest in peace.
23. Despite the loss of the physical presence of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) We know that God has assigned him/her to watch over you throughout your life. We/I feel for your loss, our/my most sincere condolences.
24. I/We know that what you are going through right now is very difficult, just know that I/we am/are here for you. I/We am/are truly sorry for your loss.
25. My/Our condolences to you and your family on the passing of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.). I/We know that it is hard to bear right now, but remember that death is only the end of the physical life and the beginning of an eternal life. May my/our friendship and prayers ease you through this difficult time.
26. Words may not suffice to express the heartfelt sorrow that we/I feel for the passing of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) but please accept our/my condolences and we/I will be sure to include him/her in our daily prayers.
27. (insert name of bereaved here), we/I just want you to know that we/I are really sorry to hear about your (insert name of deceased to bereaved here), he/she was a wonderful man/woman and was cherished by everyone who knew him/her. May he/she rest in peace.
28. The loss of someone dear to us is never easy, but may you take comfort in the fact that you are surrounded by people that love and care for you, if there is anything we/I can do, please don’t hesitate to let me/us know. Our/My condolences.
29. In these moments of great ordeal, words are useless … God rest his soul in peace and the angels to always be there with you!
30. Words cannot describe what I am feeling. I give my condolences to the entire family. God rest his soul
31. May God forgive and accept his soul into the Garden of Eden, near the throne of whom he seek and loved!
32. May God put him in a special place from where he will be watching us, the people who loved and cherished him!
33. Condolences to the bereaved family. My tears are flowing for a friend, a great man. God rest his soul in peace!
34. A prayer, a flower, a candle and sad tears of pain on your grave, our dear grandmother
35. With a heavy heart we pray for the eternal repose of one who was a man of distinguished humanity.
36. A beautiful soul, full of love and faith, ascended to heaven, away from me, but closer to God, leaving loneliness and sadness. With immense heartache, I break up with my lovely wife.
37. I loved too much and I lost. Today you’re not where you were, but you will always be in our hearts. God rest you in peace and quiet, our dear mother.
38. I/We would like to offer you and your family our deepest and most sincere condolences and may the soul of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here) rest in peace.
39. In this sorrowful time, I/We would like to extend to you my/our heartfelt condolences. May our Lord comfort you and your loved ones.
40. Dear (insert name of bereaved here), I/we am/are terribly sorry to hear about the passing of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.). May my/our condolences bring you consolation and peace during this painful time.
41. (Name of deceased) will be terribly missed. He/She was loved by all of us and he/she will be cherished in our memories forever. Our/My condolences.
42. May the love and mercy of our Lord be bestowed upon you and your family during this unfortunate time. My/our most sincere condolences.
43. May the soul of the dearly departed rest in peace, may my/our prayers help guide him/her on his journey to our Creator.
44. May fond memories of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) bring you comfort during this hard time in your life. Look back on all the good memories you were able to have and smile at the fact that you were able to share these before he/she passed away. My/Our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family.
45. At this difficult time in your life, we/I pray that God will grant you the serenity and peace that you need to get through this. Stay strong and know that you are remembered in our/my thoughts and prayers.
46. Please accept my/our heartfelt condolences, words cannot begin to express the sadness you are feeling right now, but I/we am/are here for you and I/we am/are praying for you to get through this. God bless you and may the soul of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) rest in the everlasting peace of Christ Almighty.
47. No one can prepare you for a loss; it comes like a swift wind. But take comfort in knowing that he/she is now resting in the arms of our Lord. Our/My deepest condolences to you and your family.
48. When we lose a loved one here on earth, we gain an angel in heaven that watches over us. May you take comfort in knowing that you have an angel to watch over you now. We/I extend our/my most sincere condolences to you.
49. I/We am/are deeply saddened by the loss of your (insert relationship of bereaved to deceased here). He/she will be truly missed and I/we will include him/her in my/our daily prayers.
50. We/I are/am deeply saddened by the news of (name of deceased) passing. Our/My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
51. A person that departs from this earth never truly leaves, for they are still alive in our hearts and minds, through us, they live on. Please accept my/our condolences, he/she will not be forgotten.
52. We are deeply saddened by your loss, our hearts go out to you and your loved ones and may our prayers guide his/her soul to our Heavenly Father.
53. Our sincere condolences to the grieving families. We pray that the Good Lord to caress the souls of those left desolated after the tragic disappearance.
54. Sincere condolences to the families grieving the immeasurable loss they suffered. In such moments the words would be superfluous … We are with our minds and soul along with those who were privileged to know them.
55. Our souls are hardened of pain on hearing of the premature and unfair disappearance of those who were our mentors and colleagues. We knew, appreciated and admired! They will remain forever in our memory! Sincere condolences!
56. I am deeply pained and words are of no help in expressing the sorrow I feel at this moment. Sincere condolences!
57. Nobody can understand how hard a separation is, than when one of our prized jewels leaves us. You search for it and it can’t be found, you ask for her and she does not hear you, you wait and she’s not coming. It remains only the eternal memory in our hearts of our dear mother / grandmother.
58. The good Lord called to him last night our beloved father, brother, grandfather. May God rests his soul in peace.
59. Mother is the most expensive being on earth. No one and nothing can fill the void created by the loss of our dear mother / grandmother.
60. Flowers and prayers go out for our dear grandmother and great-grandmother that left us too soon.
61. I/We cannot even begin to understand what you’re going through right now, but I/we would like to offer our prayers and condolences to you and your family.
62. In this tough time in your life, may my/our friendship, sympathy and heartfelt condolences bring you comfort.
63. Hearing about your loss has deeply saddened me/us, but I/we know that this is far from what you are going through right now. You are in my/our thoughts and prayers. My/our heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and your family.
64. Please accept my/our condolences on the passing of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here). It was an honor to have known such a great person and I/we will truly miss him/her. May God embrace you in comfort during this difficult time.
65. May his/her soul rest in peace, I firmly believe that God will accept him/her with open arms for all the good he/she has done while he/she was on this earth.
66. Nothing is more painful in life as the separation of a jewel. Time passes, but the pain in our hearts and the tears in our eyes remains the same as ……………….. ago, when our beloved husband / father-in-law / grandfather passed away.
67. His kind face remains forever in our image. You retired quietly, the same way you live in the world of good and righteous. May God watch you sleep forever my dear husband / brother.
68. A thought of comfort and condolences to the grieving family.
69. We stand by our uncle, in a time where his beloved wife passed away. May God rest her soul in peace.
70. I cannot believe you are no longer with us … I have to believe that God has bigger plans for you. You will always remain in our hearts
71. Today is both a sad day and happy day, sad because of the loss that has been in occurred but happy because he/she has reached his final destination in life and is now united with our Lord and Savior. My/Our condolences to you and your family.
72. I/We am/are truly sorry to hear about your loss. Your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) was a great man/woman and he/she will be truly missed and will always be remembered. My/Our condolences.
73. Losing someone we love is nothing easy, but knowing that we have been able to be a part of the life of that person, we can realize that we are blessed to have been able to share in his/her life before he/she went to rest in eternal salvation. My/our condolences.
74. I/We would like to express my/our sorrow and condolences to you and your family. He/she will be a part of my/our prayers from now on.
75. After the tears have dried and the goodbyes have been said, all we have to hold onto are the happy memories that we’ve shared with our loved ones who have passed, this is what keeps them alive in our hearts and in our minds, and they will continue to live on, through us. My/Our condolences.
76. My/Our heart/hearts are filled with sorrow upon hearing the news about the your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) passing. My/Our most sincere condolences go out to you and your family.
77. We join our friends with thoughts of comfort in helping then get over the immense void left behind by the loss of their beloved father / mother/ brother.
78. Remembering you and (Name) in our minds and in our hearts.
79. Sent with love and remembrance,
80. Sharing in your sorrow. With love and friendship.
81.Someone so special can never be forgotten.
82. Thinking of you, at this time of loss.
83. When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.
84. Wishing you peace to bring comfort, courage to face the days ahead and loving memories to forever hold in your hearts.
85. Words fall short of expressing my sorrow for your loss.
86. Words fall short of expressing my sorrow.
87. May the memories of (NAME) help you find peace.
88. May you be comforted by the outpouring of love surrounding you.
89. May your heart and soul find peace and comfort.
90. My families hearts are with you and your family.
91. We are sorry for your loss. (NAME), was such a great person, (HE/SHE) will live on in our memories forever.
92. We are very saddened to hear of your loss.
93. We don’t know how to heal your pain, but wish we could. Please know you are in our prayers and we wish you well.
94. We pray that your heart and soul will find peace and comfort during this difficult time.
95. We were coworkers of (NAME). Words cannot express our sorrow. The office won’t be the same without (HIM/HER). (NAME) will be missed.
96. I will be thinking of you in this moment of pain.
97. I’m always there in your hour of need. May his/her soul rest in peace.
98. No words can describe how sorry I am for your loss.
99. Our collective hearts are heavy with sympathy.
100. Our hearts go out to you in your time of sorrow.
Amazon.com: Sympathy Card for Loss of Husband, Condolence Gift for Wife On the Loss of Your Husband - Thinking of You with Deepest Sympathy Greeting .
Death ranks as the ugliest reality ever to meet any human. Though death is inevitable, the hurt that follows the loss of one’s husband is quite intense, and little can be done to comfort the bereaved wife. In times like that, quiet solitude becomes a refuge.
Also, words of sympathy from family, friends, and well-wishers could go a long way to bring calmness to her, before and after the funeral. Inasmuch as you may not be in a position to say you understood her hurt, or that events happen for a reason, there are words such as the ones below, to convey your feeling of care and empathy:
1: Kindly accept my sincere condolences over the death of your husband. He was a great man.
2: I’m deeply sorry for the loss of your husband. I know it is a painful happening, and I pray that God will comfort you fully.
3: Be strong, dear. This is a sad time in your life. May God give you rest and comfort.
4: Accept my deepest sympathy over the death of your beloved husband. He lived a good life. Stay strong.
5: Take heart over the loss of your husband. This is a season in your life. It too, shall pass.
6: I’m really sorry for the passing on of your dear husband. I have you in my thoughts and prayers.
7: Please, be rest assured that this grief shall be easy to bear with time. Kindly accept my condolences over the loss of your husband.
8: It is with a shock that I received the news of the passing away of your husband. May God grant you immense courage to bear the loss.
9: I am unfit to say that I understand how you feel. No one can ever understand how hurt you are except God. May He console you and give you rest.
10: Your husband was a gentleman and a man of goodness. Accept my condolences over his death.
11: Take comfort in knowing that your husband lived an impactful life. Many will miss him.
12: It is an honour to have been associated with your husband. He was one of the finest humans I have ever met in my life.
13: It was with a heavy heart that I received the news of your husband’s death. I will miss him badly. Take heart.
14: There are no right words to truly express my deepest regrets over the loss of your husband. May God give you the comfort that will calm your heart down.
15: It was a huge privilege to have known your husband. He was a man of his words, generous and fiercely loyal. He will be terribly missed.
16: I’m sorry that you lost your husband at this period in time. Kindly accept my deeply felt condolences.
17: This is a difficult time for you, and I share in your grief. May you find solace in the comfort that comes from above.
18: Your husband was a wonderful man who was filled with compassion for others. Our community will miss a man who stood by us through think and thin.
19: I am so sorry to hear of your husband’s death. It is a trying time for you and your family. Take heart. You are always in my thoughts.
20: Your husband affected many lives in positive ways. I was rudely shocked to hear of his demise. I pray that God grants you the fortitude to bear the loss.
21: Humanity has lost a gem in the death of your great husband. I sincerely express my sympathy over his loss. Please, be strong.
22: There is so much to be said about the kindness of your husband to all and sundry. My heart goes out to you and your family.
23: What a painful loss! Kindly accept my sympathy over the passing on of your husband. I pray that you will be comforted by heaven.
24: I wish to express my sympathy over the death of your dearest husband. You are in a place of hurt, and all I can say is that you should be strong.
25: I least expected to hear that your husband is no more. My heart bleeds because he was an icon, a force to reckon with. He affected my life in no little measure as a friend and colleague. I am grieved but mine cannot be quantified with what you feel as his beloved wife. Please, take heart. I pray that he finds perfect rest in the Lord.
26: I understand that your feelings of hurt and loss are profound and indescribable. Nobody wishes for a time like this, when a loved husband would be looked for, and found no more. Let’s take consolation that he lived a life worthy of emulation. He was an astute man who believed in mankind. May his soul rest in peace.
27: May I offer my heartfelt condolences to you over the death of your husband who was an ideal partner to you, and a wonderful father to your children. Words fail me to adequately convey my regrets that he is gone from this planet. He will be sorely missed by everyone whose life he touched. My prayers are with you and your family.
28: I am utterly horrified to learn that your husband has passed on. It was quite an unexpected exit, and one that has left a vacuum in our hearts. Be comforted, in that he was a huge inspiration to people around him. He lived a good life. May his soul be granted perfect peace and rest.
29: I wish to offer my heartfelt condolences to you, over the death of your husband. Indeed, he left a legacy behind with the good life he lived. I envy his life of integrity and humanness. May God comfort you better than any memory or human being can do.
30: I mourn with you over the loss of your husband and my friend. Life is brief, but his was filled with great meaning. He lived to leave indelible memories in our hearts. If wishes happened as swiftly as we want them, he would have returned back to life because we don’t want to miss him. Kindly take heart.
31: To lose a husband to death is very painful. To lose a husband like yours brings untold pains. I am really grieved that your best friend of many years is gone. My heart goes out to you, and my earnest prayers are with you. Be strong in the Lord.
32: This is a very sad time for you and your family. I am sorry that you lost your husband. Who would have thought that a good man like him will be gone this soon? There is absolutely nothing we cannot do to wake up from this nightmare. All in all, take heart, please. May God give you the mental strength to grow through this phase in your life.
33: The loss of your husband is a colossal one. He lived an upright life, and affected my life in a special way. He was a good friend and a committed family man. I remember his kind smiles, and the courage he managed to face difficult situations with. Please, accept my heartfelt sympathy over his death.
34: I am quite sure that no amount of words said or written can fill the void created by the death of your husband. It is a shattering blow to all of us. The fact remains that he lived a courageous life, and fought bravely till the end of his life. It is inexplicable, the hurt that you feel. However, I pray that the good Lord will give you comfort through this period and beyond.
35: My heart goes out to you and your family over the demise of your loving husband. It is a trying period, one filled with a lot of questioning and doubts. I urge you to be courageous. It doesn’t promise to be easy but I know you will make it through in good faith.
36: Please, find it in your heart to be strong. If not for anything, the good works your husband did deserve it. He was a man of the people, deeply loving and cared for many. It is very difficult to come to terms with his loss. May heaven comfort and bring restoration to your family.
37: With sadness, we express our deepest sympathy over the passing on of your husband. A time like this calls for a solemn reflection on the lives that we lead. Your husband was a man of faith who had hope in the betterment of humanity. He inspired many to live honourably. May his soul rest in peace.
38: Your husband’s passing on to glory came too sudden for all of us. Each time I remember how he strove to be the best of himself, I become challenged to live the best of my life while there is still time. His is an irreparable loss. Take heart.
Also Read: Sympathy Messages For Loss Of Wife
Finding the right words of condolences to offer the bereaved is difficult. There are no right words; there’s nothing you could say that will make the pain go away. However, there are short and the condolence messages you can send to a grieving person.
A condolence message is a heartfelt or sympathetic message you send to someone in a time of sadness, specifically, during the time of death.
When someone loses a loved one, one of the necessary things you have to do is show sympathy. Condolence messages are the most acceptable way to show sympathy towards the bereaved. i.e., Say or send a simple, heartfelt condolence message that conveys your sympathy and if you can, be there for the person.
Although your condolence messages or words of encouragement might not be enough to cheer up a grieving friend, careless words could hurt them further.
Here are a couple of things to avoid saying to a grieving person:
If you are terrible at consoling people who just lost a loved one, then you will find this list of sympathy messages handy.
These simple words of sympathy are appropriate for situations when you didn’t know the deceased, or you aren’t close to the bereaved. For example, you are accompanying a friend to a funeral, or your co-worker lost his best friend.
If someone loses an uncle, an aunt, a friend, an in-law or even a grandparent and you did not know the deceased use the following straightforward and short words of condolence:
Losing a spouse is a painful emotional experience for anyone. When we fall in love, among the things we fear could end a relationship, death is something we never include.
The best way to offer condolences to someone who just lost a husband is to say a little heartfelt word of sympathy and offer to help out.
You can offer to pick up the children, or drop them at their grandmas’, get some so groceries, bring them food as the family is on shutdown at such moments.
These are heartfelt condolences messages that can convey your sympathy to a friend or someone who just lost her husband:
When a man loses his wife, it takes him time to realize just how much is about to change. Apart from your message of condolence, he could use your help with home errands such as food and in caring for the children.
These are sympathy messages for someone who just lost his wife:
The loss of a father is massive.
Your message of condolences will depend on the recipient. If it is a co-worker or a friend who lost his father, a simple message of condolence is appropriate what if it is a child? That requires more finesse and empathy.
These are appropriate words of sympathy for someone who just lost a father:
“When I lost my mom, I cried until my insides hurt and my tears ran out.” – Nicholas Owen
These are some deep words of sympathy for someone who just lost a mother, if you knew the mother well enough, a short story or mention of the impact she had on you would be helpful.
“A brother shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams.”
Losing a brother is never easy, most times the surviving siblings wonder if there is anything they could have done and then they find something and blame themselves.
Empathy, in this case, is more important than sympathy.
It is always helpful to offer simple condolences phrases such as “There was nothing you could have done.” “It’s not your fault.”
These simple words of sympathy are appropriate for someone who just lost a brother:
It’s easier to miss her at a cemetery, where she’s never been anything but dead than to miss her at all the places where she was alive. —John Scalzi
These are examples of words of condolences you can offer to a friend or co-worker who just lost a sister:
Losing a child is like a sword through the heart a thousand times, it is death by a thousand paper cuts, and it is not uncommon for marriages to crash shortly after the death of a child.
It is a sensitive period for the parents, so it is best to keep to a simple word of condolences.
Here are ten simple condolence messages for a family that just lost their child:
These are sincere condolences message you can send to the family of a late teacher, mentor, boss, principal or any figure of authority in your life.
If you have a good memory of your mentor, you can share it with the bereaved to recognize the role the deceased played in your life.
“I will always remember the day; he met me crying in the hallway because of some trouble at home. He took me home and told me to wait in the car; I saw him have a word with my mother and from that day, my parents never fought again, well at least not in front of me.”
Stories like this can offer some comfort to the grieving family.
These are 10 condolence messages you can offer someone who lost a teacher or a mentor:
For some people, the death of a pet could sting more than the loss of a friend. I’m not making this up; some pet owners are more attached to their pets than humans.
This means when someone loses a pet, a condolence message on the loss of the pet is in order.
Here are some sample condolence messages on the loss of a pet:
When someone loses a pet, avoid making statements such as “You can always get another pet.” It is equivalent to telling a boy who just lost his father, your mother will remarry soon and you will no longer miss your father. Stupid right? Yes, it is insensitive, and you should never say or imply that to a pet owner.
Remember, the best condolences message is one that conveys your sympathy.
Writing a sympathy message is never an easy task. It's hard to find the . Thoughtful message for loss of a husband or father. No amount of.
Simple condolence messages for loss to any family member may not be able to heal the wounds of a grieving heart, but it definitely plays a big role in proving solace and comfort. This can act like a balm on the wounded spirit of an individual. Losing a family member or close friend is like losing a part of our self which is hard to replace.
When we are dealing with the pain of losing someone really close to our heart, we don’t seek sympathy. We seek a little bit of love and empathy from the people near us. These condolence messages for loss would surely make any depressed soul feel a little lighter and happier, knowing that they are not alone in this world fighting the cruel forces of nature.
Sad to hear about your loss and I express my sincere sympathy to you and your family.
Sad to hear of your loss. My condolences, and please know that my thoughts are with you and your family.
My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. May God give you the peace that you seek.
So sorry to hear of your loss. I pray that God will grant you the strength. My most sincere condolences.
I can’t imagine what you must be feeling right now, but I want you to know that we are just a phone call away. My heartfelt condolences.
Please accept my condolences, just know that I am here for you, please don’t hesitate to reach out, especially during this difficult time.
May care and love of those around you provide comfort and peace to get you through the days ahead. My most sincere condolences.
Prayers and fond memories are what we have to remember our dearly departed. My most heartfelt condolences.
I know he was so special to you. I know how much you loved him. But, I guess God loved him even more. That is why he has called him up there in heaven to watch your back from above.
We are saddened to hear of your loss. Your husband was an amazing person to have around. I’m so lucky to have met him in this life.
Your husband was a perfect gentleman and a great human being. He will be missed for his goodness in life. Sorry to hear about the loss.
What an exceptional person your husband was. We hope that you are surrounded in love.
Though your husband is gone, he still lives in your heart and in the children that he has left you. Cherish and treasure those memories for they will give you strength to carry on. My deepest sympathies for the loss of your husband.
We may not understand why he had to leave us so soon but we pray that God will comfort you and lift you up. Our prayers and thoughts are with you during this painful time that you have lost your husband. You are not alone.
It is not how long a man lives, but how deep that life is. In your pain and sorrow remember that he was a great man. Our sincere sympathies for the death of your husband.
What to Write in Sympathy Card
I extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family. May the soul of your mother be at peace with our Heavenly Father.
I am truly sorry to hear about your loss. Your mother was a great woman and she will be truly missed and will always be remembered.
A mother is the most valued being on earth. No one and nothing can fill the void created by the loss of our dear mother.
May fond memories of your mother bring you comfort during this hard time in your life. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.
Please accept my condolences for the loss of your mother. She was a great woman and much admired. I’ll be thinking about you and you’re in my prayers.
Thinking of you as you celebrate the remarkable life your mother led. God bless.
When we lose a loved one here on earth, we gain an angel in heaven that watches over us. May you take comfort in knowing that you have an angel to watch over you now. We extend our most sincere condolences to you.
Words may not suffice to express the heartfelt sorrow that I feel for the passing of your mother. Please accept my condolences.
Tip: In addition to communicating these condolence messages on a sympathy card, some of them also work well as spoken words to those in need.
We were sad to hear the news about your father’s passing. Our most sincere condolences.
Your father’s passing has left an immense void – he truly was an outstanding man. Our thoughts are with you.
Your father will be terribly missed. He was loved by all of us and he will be cherished in our memories forever. Our condolences.
My heartfelt condolences. Your father was an outstanding man and it seems that he has left us too soon.
Your father always bragged about how wonderful you were. I hope you know that you meant the world to him. He’ll be missed. Truly sorry for your loss.
Holding you close in our thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time.
May God shower light on your life ahead, and guide you through these sorry days. I can understand your pain, but the soul that is no more with us shall see peace and rest.
Your loss is painful, and it is very difficult to come through such times. Keep faith in God, and he shall pour his love and care on you. We are always there to support you, take care.
Your father was one of the nicest people I know and I know that he was a great dad too. You have my deepest sympathy on your loss.
No matter wherever he is, he’ll always be watching over you. He will stay with you forever.
We would like to express our sincere condolences to you and your family.
Saddened to hear of your loss. Our thoughts are with you.
Our deepest sympathies.
Thinking of you in these difficult times.
I will keep you close in my thoughts and prayers in the coming weeks as you are going through your process of grieving.
We are deeply sorry for your loss.
With you in sorrow.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. (Perhaps the most popular of condolence messages)
Hope you’re doing ok and saying many prayers for you.
Let the memories of your brother bring you some comfort.
Our hearts go out to you and your family.
May God bless you and comfort you.
Wishing you peace.
Condolence messages received by Jackie Kennedy
Not as much as you and your family but we and many who believed in his rightness today suffer the great loss of your great man.
No one can fully share the depth of your sorrow or convey the degree of their sympathy but the prayers and thoughts of each of us reach out to you and your children.
Jackie Kennedy’s Response
Mrs. Kennedy is deeply appreciative of your sympathy and grateful for your thoughtfulness.
Elizabeth Dole’s tribute to Diana, Princess of Wales (Elizabeth Dole was President of the American Red Cross)
Diana, Princess of Wales, was a friend and champion to all humanity especially to those in greatest need, often forgotten by others.
The Princess brought the power of her presence, her compassion and her position to some of the most important humanitarian issues of our time, saving countless lives and bringing comfort to countless others. Her work to bring about a global ban on landmines did more to galvanize world opinion on this issue than any other single individual.
Her death is mourned by an entire world. We at the American Red Cross share the grief of the British people in the loss of a national and global treasure. We will miss her special touch and the love that she so effectively expressed through action. I have asked that Red Cross flags in front of American Red Cross buildings be lowered to half-mast in her memory.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to her sons, William and Harry, on the loss of their mother and to the families of those who were also killed and injured.
You’re on Condolence Messages.
You might like:
Sincere Sympathy Card Sayings
Quotatons about Nurses
To Share is Divine...
Send Free Each Day Will Get Easier - Sympathy Card to Loved Ones on Birthday & Greeting Cards by Davia. It's 100% free, and you also can use your own.