Have wisdom. Have patience. Stay strong. Jesus See more. God will bring you through Great Quotes, Love Quotes, Wisdom Quotes, Encouragement Quotes.
Need the best motivational quotes?
I’ve got your answer! The best quotes from top personalities to lift you up and keep you going.
101 text quotes that you can copy and paste to:
A dozen motivational quote pictures to pin, and an infographic of the top 20 motivational quotes.
These inspiring quotes can pick you up on a bad day and inspire you to greater heights. Try them now!
NOTE: You may NOT copy my entire collection of quotes to repost or share, NOR download any of these quote images. Either is copyright infringement. I encourage you to share the images to Pinterest with a link back to THIS page.
Any other use requires written permission. Read my full copyright statement here.
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I’m possible”! —Audrey Hepburn
The greatest effort is not concerned with results. —Atisha
Wisdom equals knowledge plus courage. You have to not only know what to do and when to do it, but you have to also be brave enough to follow through. —Jarod Kintz
In a battle between two ideas, the best one doesn’t necessarily win. No, the idea that wins is the one with the most fearless heretic behind it. —Seth Godin
Remember, teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability. —Patrick Lencioni
Leadership is an action, not a position. —Donald McGannon
Surround yourself with great people; delegate authority; get out of the way. —Ronald Reagan
I cannot give you a formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure, which is: Try to please everybody. —Herbert Bayard Swope
Show me the man you honor and I will know what kind of man you are. —Thomas John Carlisle
A man always has two reasons for doing anything: a good reason and the real reason. —J.P. Morgan
If you spend your life trying to be good at everything, you will never be great at anything. —Tom Rath
Average leaders raise the bar on themselves; good leaders raise the bar for others; great leaders inspire others to raise their own bar. —Orrin Woodward
Don’t blow off another’s candle for it won’t make yours shine brighter. —Jaachynma N.E. Agu
Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision. —Peter F. Drucker
When you put together deep knowledge about a subject that intensely matters to you, charisma happens. You gain courage to share your passion, and when you do that, folks follow. —Jerry Porras
People buy into the leader before they buy into the vision. —John Maxwell
A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit. —John Maxwell
I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples. —Mother Teresa
Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. —Henry Ford
If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary. —Jim Rohn
Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life-think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success. —Swami Vivekananda
If you are willing to do more than you are paid to do, eventually you will be paid to do more than you do. —Anonymous
Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm. —Winston Churchill
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. —Napoleon Hill
Whenever you see a successful person, you only see the public glories, never the private sacrifices to reach them. —Vaibhav Shah
Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value. —Albert Einstein
Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it. —Henry David Thoreau
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. —Eleanor Roosevelt
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. —Stephen Covey
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. —Henry Ford
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. —Eleanor Roosevelt
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success. —Bruce Feirstein
Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great. —John D. Rockefeller
If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough. —Albert Einstein
There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed. —Ray Goforth
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. —Robert Collier
The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any. —Alice Walker
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. —Amelia Earhart
It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. —Aristotle Onassis
Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. —Robert Louis Stevenson
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear — not absence of fear. —Mark Twain
Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone. —Pablo Picasso
Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. —Mark Twain
Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck. —Dalai Lama
The successful warrior is the average man, with laserlike focus. —Bruce Lee
You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life. —Steve Jobs
Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better. —Jim Rohn
The No. 1 reason people fail in life is because they listen to their friends, family, and neighbors. —Napoleon Hill
Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. —Thomas A. Edison
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail? —Robert Schuller
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more important than any other one thing. —Abraham Lincoln
Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential. —John Maxwell
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it. —Margaret Thatcher
I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. —Maya Angelou
Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they’ve started. —David Allen
Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it. —Greg Anderson
Success at the highest level comes down to one question: Can you decide that your happiness can come from someone else’s success? —Bill Walton
Do what you have always done and you’ll get what you have always got. —Sue Knight
Think of what you have rather than of what you lack. Of the things you have, select the best and then reflect how eagerly you would have sought them if you did not have them. —Marcus Aurelius
Happiness is where we find it, but very rarely where we seek it. —J. Petit Senn
You never regret being kind. —Nicole Shepherd
To be content means that you realize you contain what you seek. —Alan Cohen
Expecting life to treat you well because you are a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian. —Shari R. Barr
View your life from your funeral: Looking back at your life experiences, what have you accomplished? What would you have wanted to accomplish but didn’t? What were the happy moments? What were the sad? What would you do again, and what wouldn’t you do? —Victor Frankl
Boredom is the feeling that everything is a waste of time… serenity, that nothing is. —Thomas Szasz
To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart. —Eleanor Roosevelt
The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. —William Arthur Ward
It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. —Charles Darwin
Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others. —Robert Louis Stevenson
The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets people to do the greatest things. —Ronald Reagan
I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. —Jimmy Dean
I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear. —Rosa Parks
Victory has a hundred fathers and defeat is an orphan. —John F. Kennedy
Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things. —Peter F. Drucker
Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only thing. —Albert Schweitzer
Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them. —John C. Maxwell
The mark of a great man is one who knows when to set aside the important things in order to accomplish the vital ones. —Brandon Sanderson
If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. —Booker T. Washington
You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out. —Steve Jobs
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. —Albert Einstein
The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. —Ralph Waldo Emerson
We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone. —Ronald Reagan
Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. —George Addair
Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off. —Colin Powell
Change your thoughts and you change your world. —Norman Vincent Peale
How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. —Anne Frank
Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. —Charles Swindoll
I cannot trust a man to control others who cannot control himself. —Robert E. Lee
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. —Vince Lombardi
You get in life what you have the courage to ask for. —Nancy D. Solomon
In the end, it is important to remember that we cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are. —Max De Pree
Believe you can and you’re halfway there. —Theodore Roosevelt
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. —Les Brown
If you really want the key to success, start by doing the opposite of what everyone else is doing. —Brad Szollose
What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality. —Plutarch
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. —George Patton
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. —William Arthur Ward
Silent gratitude isn’t very much to anyone. —Gertrude Stein
The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you. —John E. Southard
Keep your eyes open and try to catch people in your company doing something right, then praise them for it. —Tom Hopkins
You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do. —Eleanor Roosevelt
Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people. —Andre Dubus
Do or do not. There is no try. —Yoda
Rarely have I seen a situation where doing less than the other guy is a good strategy. —Jimmy Spithill
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it. —Margaret Thatcher
The best revenge is massive success. —Frank Sinatra
The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. —Ayn Rand
The only way to do great work is to love what you do. —Steve Jobs
If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. —Henry David Thoreau
Low self-confidence isn’t a life sentence. Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered-just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better. —Barrie Davenport
I’m pleased to present this colorful infographic of 20 famous motivational quotes from SuccessStory.com.
Pin the infographic, or any of the quote pictures you like, for inspiration!
Which do you think is the best motivational quote? Please share in a comment!
Filed Under: Business TipsTagged With: business inspiration, infographics, quote pictures, quotes
Explore 554 Patience Quotes by authors including Paulo Coelho, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Joyce Meyer at Patience is the companion of wisdom.
Before investing in the Davis Fundamental ETF Trust, you should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the Funds carefully before investing. The prospectus contains this and other information about the Funds. You can obtain a current prospectus by visiting davisetfs.com or calling 800 279 0279.
An investment in Davis ETFs is subject to numerous risks, including possible loss of principal. The Funds are actively managed and do not seek to replicate a specified index. The Funds are subject to the following principal risks: authorized participant concentration risk, common stock risk, depositary receipts risk, exchange-traded fund risk, fees and expenses risk, financial services risk, focused portfolio risk, foreign country risk, foreign currency risk, headline risk, intraday indicative value risk, large-capitalization companies risk, manager risk, market trading risk, mid- and small-capitalization companies risk, and stock market risk. See the prospectus for a complete description of the principal risks.
Distributed by Foreside Fund Services, LLC.
76 Patience QuotesAt times patience is hard to have. Let these patience quotes give you thoughts to ponder and remind you that patience truly is a virtue.
Dec 14, 2015 This wisdom from a long time ago and a galaxy far, far, away will inspire you to be thoughtful, "Patience you must have, my young Padawan.
In honor of Black History Month, the Diverse Elders Coalition is featuring stories relevant to black aging during February. A new story will be shared every Wednesday, with additional posts shared throughout the month. Be sure to visit diverseelders.org regularly during the month of February.
As a tribute to Black History Month and this year’s theme, Civil Rights in America, we have pulled together quotes from various prominent African American older adults to motivate you and to help guide your life.
1. Our mistreatment was just not right, and I was tired of it. – Rosa Parks
2. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
3. If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress. – Barack Obama
4. We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these. – George Washington Carver
6. Living in the moment means letting go of the past and not waiting for the future. It means living your life consciously, aware that each moment you breathe is a gift. – Oprah Winfrey
7. The whole world opened to me when I learned to read. – Mary McLeod Bethune
8. Whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you’ll find that when you’re free . . . your true self comes out. – Tina Turner
9. Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. – Harriet Tubman
10. Have a vision. Be demanding. – Colin Powell
11. In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe. – Michael Jackson
12. If you succumb to the temptation of using violence in the struggle, unborn generations will be the recipients of a long and desolute night of bitterness, and your chief legacy to the future will be an endless reign of meaningless chaos. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
13. Greatness occurs when your children love you, when your critics respect you and when you have peace of mind. – Quincy Jones
14. I really don’t think life is about the I-could-have-beens. Life is only about the I-tried-to-do. I don’t mind the failure but I can’t imagine that I’d forgive myself if I didn’t try. – Nikki Giovanni
15. I think education is power. I think that being able to communicate with people is power. One of my main goals on the planet is to encourage people to empower themselves. – Oprah Winfrey
16. It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength. We all should know that diversity makes for a rich tapestry, and we must understand that all the threads of that tapestry are equal in value no matter their color. – Maya Angelou
17. It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it. – Lena Horne
18. Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations. If you adopt their attitudes, then the possibility won’t exist because you’ll have already shut it out…You can hear other people’s wisdom, but you’ve got to re-evaluate the world for yourself. – Mae Jemison
19. You’re not to be so blind with patriotism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it. – Malcolm X
20. As long as there is poverty in the world I can never be rich, even if I have a billion dollars. As long as diseases are rampant and millions of people in this world cannot expect to live more than twenty-eight or thirty years, I can never be totally healthy even if I just got a good checkup at Mayo Clinic. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. This is the way our world is made. No individual or nation can stand out boasting of being independent. We are interdependent. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
21. I have come to believe over and over again that what is most important to me must be spoken, made verbal and shared, even at the risk of having it bruised or misunderstood. – Audre Lorde
22. The outside world told black kids when I was growing up that we weren’t worth anything. But our parents said it wasn’t so, and our churches and our schoolteachers said it wasn’t so. They believed in us, and we, therefore, believed in ourselves. – Marian Wright Edelman
23. It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. – Audre Lorde
24. You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying to do the best you can every day. – Marian Wright Edelman
25. No one should negotiate their dreams. Dreams must be free to flee and fly high. No government, no legislature, has a right to limit your dreams. You should never agree to surrender your dreams. – Jesse Jackson
26. Our nation is a rainbow – red, yellow, brown, black, and white – and we’re all precious in God’s sight. – Jesse Jackson
27. I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear. – Rosa Parks
28. Just don’t give up what you’re trying to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong. – Ella Fitzgerald
29. One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals. And so when I hear about negative and false attacks, I really don’t invest any energy in them, because I know who I am. – Michelle Obama
30. Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. And trust your instincts … good relationships feel good. They feel right. They don’t hurt. They’re not painful. That’s not just with somebody you want to marry, but it’s with the friends that you choose. It’s with the people you surround yourselves with. – Michelle Obama
31. I think if we are actually going to accept our generation’s responsibility, that’s going to mean that we give our children no less retirement security than we inherited from our parents. – Carol Moseley Braun
32. Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated. – Coretta Scott King
33. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. – Maya Angelou
34. Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. – Barack Obama
35. Yes we can! – Barack Obama
Yes We Can – Barack Obama Music Video, song by will.i.am
READ OUR OTHER BLACK HISTORY MONTH STORIES:
On the Shoulders of our Black Elders: Powerful Images from our Past (Black History Month: Civil Rights in America)
You won’t believe what I learned from our black elders (Black History Month)
10 things Black Americans should know about HIV/AIDS (Black History Month)
Amazon.com: patience quotes. Homefind (Black 39.4"w x 35.4"h) Love Tree and Birds with Inspiring Quotes -Family "Patience is the companion of wisdom.