Nowadays, people look for Independence Day quotes, sayings, wishes to share with their loved ones and to share on social media like.
15th August 2018, Happy Independence Day: To mark the 72nd Independence Day, Prime Minister Narendra hoisted the flag from the ramparts at the gate like it has been done in the past. The celebrations at the Red Fort were attended by many senior leaders like Congress President Rahul Gandhi, Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad and Union Minister Nitin Gadkari. In his Independence Day speech, Prime Minister Narendra Modi thanked the Indian Arm forces and wished them luck for the future. He also said that the girls are making India proud. It was on 15 August 1947 when India attained independence from the rule of the British.
It was on the same day when the Indian Independence Act 1947 was passed by the UK Parliament transferring legislative sovereignty to the Indian Constituent Assembly. To mark the 1st Independence day of India, the first Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru then hoisted the Indian national flag above the Lahori Gate of the Red Fort in Delhi. Ever since then, the flag is raised by the incumbent PM who then addresses the nation.
WATCH: Independence Day Narendra Modi speech 2018 LIVE
The day brings the spirit of freedom and patriotism along with it. On this day, offices, schools along with other public spaces in the different parts of the country are decorated. It also commemorates the freedom that the country and its various freedom fighters struggled for over 200 years. In order to make this day more special, you can send your loved ones greetings and wishes to remind then of this glorious day and its meaning.
READ | Independence day speech 2018: Where and how to watch PM Narendra Modi’s address live
– Thousands laid down their lives so that our country can celebrate this day. Never forget their sacrifices. Happy Independence Day 2018!
– Freedom is something that money can’t buy, it’s the result of the struggles of many Bravehearts. Let us honour them today and always. Happy Independence Day 2018!
– It makes my heart beat with pride, to see the colors of Independence Day spreading happiness and great joys all around. May the glory of Independence Day be with your forever.
– On this special day here’s wishing our dreams of a new tomorrow come true! May your Independence Day day be filled with patriotic spirit!
– We celebrate the bravery of our fathers and their gift of freedom. Long may our flag wave! Happy 72nd Independence Day!
– Remember the sacrifice of our freedom fighters that formed this country. Rejoice and celebrate this day with pride. Independence Day greetings sent specially for you and your entire family.
– This Independence Day, let’s take a pledge to protect the peace and unity of our great nation. Happy Independence Day 2018!
– On this special day here’s wishing our dreams of a new tomorrow come true! May your Independence Day day be filled with patriotic spirit! Happy Independence Day 2018.
– By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall. Independence day is a good time to think who we are and how we got here. Happy Independence Day 2018!
– “I am always full of pride wherever I am. I walk with my head held high because I know I live in a free country. I do not and will never, however, take this freedom for granted because it was purchased with a martyr’s blood. They gave it all, left the comfort of their homes, the love of their families and the hope of life for my freedom.
Get live Stock Prices from BSE and NSE and latest NAV, portfolio of Mutual Funds, calculate your tax by Income Tax Calculator, know market’s Top Gainers, Top Losers & Best Equity Funds. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Some wishes, messages, quotes, images, Facebook & Whatsapp status for Independence Day.
Last Updated: 11th August, 2019
India Independence Day is celebrated on 15th August. The 2019 Independence Day will be celebrated on Thrusday. The day is declared as the national holiday for all Indians and this is a common festival for all Indians. For most Indians, Independence day is like the national festival and everyone has a different idea to celebrate this festival. Many celebrate this festival watching Prime Minister’s speech on television and many engage themselves in charity work. The fever of Independence Day can be seen on every nooks and crannies of India. It is celebrated by people belongs to different castes, religion, color, language with the feeling of brotherhood. Sending patriotic messages on the day is also the part of Independence Day celebration.
Here are some Independence Day messages that you can send to your friends, family and love ones.
15 August is the day when when India celebrate its freedom day. In 1947 on 15 August, India got its freedom and declared as a free country. From that day, every year India celebrates this day as Independnece day. In 2019, the country will celebrate its 72nd Independence day, which is a big reason to proud. After Independe, India has emerged as a peaceful country and have become an icon in many fields for the World.
When it comes to the celebration of Independence day, the people of India consider Independence day as a festival and everyone has a way to commemorate this special day. Watching the speech of Prime Minister at Red Fort, flying kites, engaging self in charity work is some of the way people honor the day. Not to forget, sending Independence day messages to friends, relatives, love ones and wishing family member is also the part of this celebration. Updating whatsapp status with patriotic message is a new trend.
Here is a unique collection of Independence day whatsapp stutus you can use to show your patriotism for the nation.
On the 15th August each year, many Indians around the world celebrate Independence Day as well as Raksha Bandhan, a Hindu festival that celebrates brotherhood and love.
It has been 72 years since India declared its independence from British colonialism.
In 1947, the UK Parliament passed the Indian Independence Act and Jawaharlal Nehru became the first Prime Minister of India.
The day is marked with flag-hoisting ceremonies and is a national holiday. There are also parades, which involve the Indian Armed Forces and paramilitary troops.
Held on the same day as Raksha Bandhan, sisters also tie a bracelet called a rakhi on the wrists of their brothers, to represent protection.
Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living? – Mahatma Gandhi
Democracy and socialism are means to an end, not the end itself.- Jawaharlal NehruEco-tourism: How to have a sustainable city break
May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our country! – Sardar Bhagat Singh
Let new India arise out of peasants’ cottage, grasping the plough, out of huts, cobbler and sweeper. – Swami Vivekananda
Constitution is not a mere lawyers document, it is a vehicle of Life, and its spirit is always the spirit of Age. – B. R. Ambedkar
We have believed and we do believe now that freedom is indivisible, that peace is indivisible, that economic prosperity is indivisible. – Indira Gandhi
Sending you a thread of love which will bind our heart and life and makes our bond of togetherness stronger.’Happy Raksha Bandhan’ – Uknown
I have the loveliest and sweetest brother in this world, thanks for being the best one! ‘Happy Raksha Bandhan’ – Unknown
MORE: Pakistan Independence Day quotes, messages and images
MORE: Happy Jamaica Independence Day! When did Jamaica become independent and how is the day celebrated?
Independence Day 2019: Wish your friends, family and relatives with India gained Independence on 15th August 1947, and the day is.
1. Realize the importance of freedom on this Independence Day…
2. This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.
3. Unity is our pride in diversity, That’s why my India is great .. !!!!
4. Hope peace resign in your part of the world today and every day. Happy Independence Day 2019!
5. Life as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
6. Freedom in the Mind, Faith in the words... Pride in our Souls... Let's salute the Nation... Our Independence Day
7. Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have. Happy Independence Day 2019
8. May we always remain Independent. Happy Independence Day(15 August) To You.
9. “A ‘No’ uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘Yes’ merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.”
10. Happy Independence day to all Indians across the globe! Jai Hind… Sharing a very old pic for u all… Aisi Aaazaadi aur Kahan
11. Happy Independence Day I’m Proud To Be A INDIAN.. Where At Least I Know.. I’m Free..
12. I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.
13. We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.
14. That which distinguishes this day from all others is that then both orators and artillerymen shoot blank cartridges.
15. The future depends on what you do today – Happy Independence Day 2019!
16. I am pleased and honored to be part of this peaceful and free nation. Here’s wishing everyone a safe and happy Independence Day celebration.
17. Happy Independence Day 2019 I’m Proud To Be A INDIAN.. Where At Least I Know.. I’m Free..and Enjoying…
18. These trees, these branches, may also become disturbed by these branches If Parinda too becomes a Hindu and a Muslim
19. Let us come together to facilitate our glorious nation and feel proud to be Indian! Wish you a Happy Independence Day 2019!
20. It is easy to take liberty for granted when you have never had it taken from you.
1. My parents gave me birth. My country gives me my Identity. Proud to be an INDIAN. Happy Independence Day my fellow Indians. Jai Ho.:)
2. The country’s pride is the country, we are the children of the country
3. Be the change you want to see in the world.
4. You give me your blood and I will give you Independence!
5. Be the cause of unity, Fight against corruption, Flair the flag of our nation. Happy Independence Day 2019
6. I have one, I have a lot of fun,
Hindustan Hamara hai hai
7. The terror never lets freedom by voluntary, it should be demanded by the victims.
8. Happy Independence Day folks! I pray for independence in thought! So that we r informed, mature citizens, not influenced by herd mentality!
9. On Independence Day… Here’s wishing our dreams of a new tomorrow come true for us… NOW AND ALWAYS!
10. Celebrate the free spirit of India May this Independence Day Fills your life happiness and prosperityHappy Independence Day 2019
11. Freedom in Mind, Faith in Words, Pride in our heart, Memories in our Souls. Let Salute the Nation on Independence Day
12. Never forget those why to have fight for this day
13. Happy independence day 2019 India I will never lose my faith in u lets redefine freedom every 1of us here’s to a brighter safer beautiful India
14. On the glorious day of Independence Day Here’s wishing your life will be blessed with peace and happiness. Wish you a Happy Independence Day 2019.
15. Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.
16. Freedom is a Precious gift of God. Happy Independence Day To You.
17. Wishing every #Indian at heart all across the #world Happy Independence Day, JAI HIND !!!
The musical trio Shankar, Ehsaan, and Loy.
18. Happy Independence Day to all my Fans. Be responsible for your freedom! Jai Hind!
19. If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace.
20. Where liberty dwells, there is my country
1.We Were Born Free, we must LIVE FREE of hate, greed, religious intolerance, ignorance, violence.
2. I do not even know how to do any of these things. Jo desh ke kaam na aaye wo joani joani hain … !!!
3. Independence does not have any meaning until there is no freedom to make a mistake.
4. Avoid Hate of Patriotic Patterns
5. Freedom is a Precious gift of God. May We Always Remain Independent. HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY
6. Then join hand in hand, brave Indians all!
By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall.
7. The things that count in life are the things that can’t be counted! Happy independence day 2019!!
8. Be the cause of unity, Fight against corruption, Flair the flag of our nation… Happy Independence Day 2019
Happy Independence Day Images: Wishes, Messages, Quotes Images and Greeting Cards to share on India's 73rd Independence Day.