To our dear daughter. Congratulations on your graduation! We're thrilled to be celebrating with you as you move on to your next big adventure.
Graduating from school is such a big accomplishment, every student looks forward to the day of graduation at least to heave a sigh of relief knowing that they have just succeeded in passing through one of the important stages in life. Graduates are usually very excited but at the same time are nervous of what the future has in stock for them, at this point they will need the support and encouragement of their loved ones, One of the ways this support comes is usually in the form of goodwill messages, congratulating them for their achievement and wishing them a future filled with blessings. Here are some amazing graduation messages to send to your loved ones.
1. As I graduate, a new journey begins,I thank you for your kindness,thoughtfulness and prayers.
2. Thank you for attending my graduation ceremony party. It was great seeing you again. I certainly appreciate the gift certificate and will use it to buy much-needed items when I move into my dorm room. Your generosity and thoughtfulness are greatly appreciated.
3. It was so thoughtful of you to remember me on my special day. Thanks again!
4. Thank you for the lovely graduation gift.As I begin down a new road toward my future plans.I will treasure it always.
5. Please accept my sincere thanks and God’s blessings for the lovely gift.Both the thought and the gift made me very happy.
6. One thank you for the gift,and another for the thought.A dozen thank you’s couldn’t tell youall the happiness they brought.
7. A loving note can barely say all we felt that magic day,h eartfelt thanks is sent to you for your thoughtful gift and wishes, too.
8. Thank you so much for the generous graduation gift. I am going to put it towards paying off my college fees. It was a pity that you missed the graduation ceremony but I have enclosed some photos for you.
9. This brings sincere thanks for the lovely graduation gift you sent.I wish to tell you just how much it meant.
10. You brought joy to my special graduating day.Thank you for your thoughtful graduation gift.
11. You brought joy to our day warmth to our lives and happiness to our hearts.Thank you for your thoughtful graduation gift!
12. Thanks for the most amazing graduation gift – a vacation is absolutely perfect. I will cherish our time together.
13. Thank you for your kind, generous and thoughtful gift. I am really touched that you thought of me.
14. In appreciation of your special graduating gift.Thank you for recognizing my graduation achievement.
15. Thank you for adding to the joyful spirit of my graduation with your presence and lovely gift.
16. I would like to thank my family, friends and school faculty for the wonderful memories you all have given me.
17. Thank you for your very generous gift, it was very thoughtful of you and it is the perfect gift.
18. In appreciation of your special gift.Thank you for recognizing my achievement.
Also Read: 200 Best Thank You Messages For Your Best Friends
19. Finally you are finished with high school. Put on your cap and gown. All your hard work has paid off. You’re graduating now. When your ceremony is through, let’s celebrate and hit the town!
20. Congratulations on your graduation. Who would have thought that such a humongous brain would have looked so gorgeous under such an unglamorous cap and gown! No wonder they make you wear a huge hat!
21. I want to congratulate you on this happy date. It’s time for you to celebrate since today is the day you graduate.
22. I’m so proud that I know someone so smart. Congratulations on your hard work and dedication. Happy graduation!
23. Time flies so fast! I just can’t believe you have grown up and today, you are about to graduate from high school. Wow! Enjoy life my friend and I will always pray for your success in your college life. Congratulations dear!
24. Congratulation graduate! Your hard work has now been paid off. Let’s celebrate tonight. See you!
25. Congratulations on your graduation! Completing your high school education is certainly an achievement that you should be proud of. I know how happy you are right now that’s why I wanna share my joy too. I’m also happy for you friend! More great journeys on your college life.
26. “Friend, I send good wishes for brighter opportunities ahead and heartiest congratulations on your bright graduation success. I wish you all the good luck in the world for a brighter future ahead my friend.”
27. “Congratulations on your grand high school graduation success. I wish you all the luck and hope you to maintain the high success all throughout your educational career for better opportunities of job in life.”
28. “I send heartfelt congratulation dear son on your grand high school graduation success. Wish you all the best for future.”
29. May God continue to bless you and your abilities, graduate.
30. I knew you could do it, and I am proud of you.
31. I am confident you will continue to succeed in life. Keep up the good work.
32. You did it: now it’s time to celebrate!
33. Your hard work, dedication and discipline have paid off. You’re finally graduating. It’s time to let loose and unwind before you join the 9 – 5. Congratulations!
34. Here’s to your impressive student career. Now that you’re graduating, you’re at the beginning of a brand new journey. So here’s to your success and to your brand new life. Congratulations graduate.
35. You’re finally graduating, and we couldn’t be prouder. You no longer have to worry about grades. You no longer have to wait for a diploma. Now is the time to celebrate.
36. I can’t believe you’re so grown up. It’s finally time for you to graduate. You have grown and learned so much. You have come a long way. Here’s to your amazing achievement. Let’s celebrate. Congratulations.
37. Congratulation graduate! Your hard work has now been paid off. Let’s celebrate tonight. See you!
38. Hi! I just want to extend my congratulations on this very happy day of your life. Congratulations because you have proved your hard work and dedication in your studies to all of us. Cheers!
39. “Congratulations on your grand high school graduation success brother. I wish you all the luck for your future and pray for better opportunities your way in your career ahead.”
40. “Dear son, we send loads of heartiest congratulations on your grand high school graduation success and also send best wishes for a better future as you soon will enter college life for further education.”
41. Wishing you many more successes in the future. Congratulations, graduate!
42. You have not only graduated from high school, you have graduated into adulthood. Wishing you the best things in your future to come.
43. Today proves something we have always know about you: you’re pretty smart.
44. “Daughter, with your grand high school graduation success, I send you gifts you love and also best wishes for your brighter future. I wish heartiest congratulations on your grand success.”
45. Congratulations graduate! Wishing you the best of luck in the future.
46. You did it! Now it’s all over or it’s all beginning, depending on how you look at it.
47. All your hard work is done, you have graduated. Well, maybe all your hard work isn’t over just yet. Congratulations and good luck!
48. Continue to learn as a life learner, and you’ll graduate life successfully.
49. We are proud of you and your accomplishments. We’re confident that you will continue with even more successes. Good luck in your next adventures. Congratulations graduate!
50. We remember your first day in high school. Take a moment to look back on your achievements. Realize all that you’ve accomplished and the footprints that you’ve laid. Each step has been a building block for your life. Congratulations on your graduation. We couldn’t be prouder.
51. Your hard work will pay off in many ways. Good things will come to those who wait until they graduate. You’ve come so far. You’ve worked so hard. Your graduation is a new and open door.
52. Your graduation proves all of your hard work and determination.
53.I am wishing you a great sense of accomplishment as you celebrate your hard work.
54. Success is yours! You did it! Way to go!
You might also like: 70 Best Out of Office Messages That Always Work
55. Graduation from college means you will only be able to get drunk a couple days a week now, or you’ll have to go to work with a hangover and extremely tired. Congratulations to your liver for the extra life expectancy!
56. A lot of people warn you about gaining the “freshmen fifteen” when you first start college, but most people don’t tell you about the even more dangerous “graduate gut.” It happens when you leave college and you have to start dealing with real stress.
57. Congratulations on buying yourself the most expensive piece of paper you will probably ever own!
58. Graduating from college is a pretty big deal. Congratulations! You did it!
59. Your diploma is your new key to your new job. Congratulations and best wishes.
60. All good things must come to an end, unless you are planning on attending grad school. Congratulations and good luck in your future.
61. We’re wishing you a job with great pay, so that you will be able to keep your head above water when you start paying your student loans.
62. We’re hoping that this ‘congratulations on your graduation’ card will be followed up with a ‘congratulations on your new job’ card.
63. Now that you’ve taken thirty classes in a major and have your diploma, you are ready to start at a job that will teach you that nothing is as ideal as what you’ve been taught in college. Good luck with the culture shock.
64. Hey congratulations! You have your college degree. You have joined the club of the elite people who are set for life. Just joking, good luck in your practice of all that you have learned in school.
65. It doesn’t make sense if you really think about it. You spend years, thousands of dollars, and risk your health and safety to get a piece of paper. Congratulations graduate.
66. Remember, you have an education, and that’s something that can’t be taken away from you unless, of course, you get brain damage. I don’t have to tell you that though, because you are well educated.
67. The significance of today is that it marks the next great chapter in the life of an amazing person. Congratulations on your graduation.
68. Congratulations on graduating in your regular style… “By the skin of your teeth” just like everything you do.
69. This is your first big pay day for putting in a lot of hard work and determination. Keep working hard so you can keep getting pay days.
70. Just as today is the end of a good day’s work and the beginning of new possibilities. Everyday from now on can feel the same.
71. College graduation is the end of your excuse for not growing up, moving out, and getting a real job.
72. Let’s hope your curricular activities made you smarter and your extracurricular activities made you wiser, so that you will be able to make smart and wise decisions about your future. Congratulations collage graduate.
73. I’ll be at least one person who doesn’t ask you the big question, “now what?”
74. Congratulations on finally getting the piece of paper that will unlock the doors that you will need opened.
See Also: 100+ Best Retirement Messages
75. “Heartiest congratulations on your graduation dear daughter. I wish you all the success and best wishes for a bright and successful career.”
76. “With the excellence success on your graduation, I wish you all the luck in your career for a better future job and services wherever you venture into.”
77. “Congratulations on your graduation success. As you celebrate the special success, may you have a brighter career and good opportunities fill your life. “
78. “I am on my way for a grand party you just invited me to announcing your success. See you soon with wine and barbecue. Congratulations on your success though. “
79. Congratulations on your graduation! We’re so proud of you, dear!
80. You’re a star in our eyes! Congratulations new graduate!
81. “We wish you all the successful moments and heartiest congratulations on your present graduation success as you celebrate it with all fervor. “
82. “Congratulations on your grand success, dearest daughter. Wish you all the best for your bright career and may Lord bestow brighter opportunities your way.”
83. You can achieve whatever you want in life. Reach for the stars, Honey we believe in you!
84. After all those times of late night studies, lack of sleep and sacrifice you’ve made it! And you’ve made us proud!
85. “On your great college graduation success, we wish you all the luck and love and send my heartiest congratulations for your success. Have a great day by celebrating your success with friends, dear daughter.”
Other Interesting Reads:
Cute Goodnight Text Messages that Melt the Heart
Get Well Soon Messages and Wishes
Good Morning Text Messages
Good Morning Sayings
Happy Anniversary To My Husband Messages
Uplifting Sympathy Messages For Loved Ones
Comforting Sympathy Card Messages
Condolence Sayings and Sympathy Messages
Choose from 76 Relationship Specific cards for Graduation Cards for Daughter or browse our full range of other 914 Relationship Specific Cards. Add your own.
It’s graduation time, the time when students are finally able to breathe, finally able to sleep at least eight hours, and finally able to party without feeling guilt.
It is the time when students earn what they have worked for years, when sleepless nights pay off, and when dreams turn into reality.
So whether you are the graduate’s parent, sister, brother, relative, or a friend, make their day more special by letting them know that you are proud of them, and that you appreciate the effort they gave just to earn this degree.
This is not just an achievement, this is your graduation! We are so proud of you! See you on your thanksgiving party!
Your parents must really be proud of you, because we are! Congratulations from your aunts and uncles here in Jersey!
Feeling relieved because you graduated college? In a few more months, you will wish that you are still a student again. Kidding! The real world is harsh but you are one tough kid, you can survive. Congratulations on opening a new chapter in your life!
Your cousins idolize you so much, we are all proud of you. This is a big stepping stone to your future success. Congratulations!
I bet your mom and dad is tearing up because you are moving out for real. But anyway, I am so glad you graduated. You deserve it, you are a diligent child. God bless you!
You are closer to the fulfillment of your dreams, good job! You worked hard and now you are earning what you invested. You are a smart kid, you will do great things in the future. I believe in you. Congratulations!
Congratulations! We knew you would make it. I am wishing you a path full of opportunities and lessons that will make you become a better citizen and a better person.
Get personalized birthday video greeting from the President. Great for sharing on Facebook.
Have a great day and enjoy in your life!
It is time to celebrate the fruits you harvested from several years of intense studying! You deserve all this success, and I am pretty sure that the Lord has more opportunities in store for you. Keep up the good work. Congratulations!
I am pretty sure that your parents are going to throw you a very expensive party, because they are so proud of you. You deserve all these blessings you are receiving because you are a kind-hearted kid. Be prepared for the real world, it is not going to be easy. But you will make it, I know. Congratulations, kid!
100 Happy Birthday Wishes
Soon, your parents will have a diploma to frame and hang on your walls. I am sure that they will also frame and hang your graduation picture. You are blessed with very supportive parents and they are blessed to have a very responsible child. Congratulations on your achievement! Keep moving forward and stay humble.
Congratulations on your graduation and welcome to the adult world. It is not going to be easy because you won’t have your mom clean your mess, sew your slightly toned clothes, do your laundry, and cook you dinner. It is going to be tough because you will have to stand up for yourself but with all the lessons you will gain, it is all worth it.
Wishing you all the best on the new chapter of your life. We know you will be successful someday, and it starts today. Continue chasing your dreams and overcoming your fears. We are praying that the Lord will bless you with enough wisdom and knowledge. Congratulations!
You have been making us proud since the day you were born. You fought your battle in your incubator bravely, faced your fears through middle school, and graduated college with honors. No one could ever be prouder than us, son. You are the bravest, most determined person I have ever known, and I am really proud that you are my son and I am your dad.
We are so grateful to have been blessed with a daughter like you. You never fail to make us proud. This is just the one of your many achievements to come. We are incredibly proud of you! Congratulations!
100 Graduation Wishes
When the Lord gave us you, I said to myself, “you are the most precious gift I ever received, I am contented with my life”. But you never stopped amazing us with everything you do. You never stopped achieving things. I am proud of everything you do. I love you. Congratulations on your graduation!
We are just the proudest parents in the whole wide world! Congratulations on this new milestone!
Soon, you are going to tell us that you are getting married. And then, months or years later, you are going to tell us you are having a baby. Time flies so fast and you are rapidly growing old. But it doesn’t matter because you are my baby no matter what. I am so proud of what you have achieved. I love you, congratulations!
Since your first day at school, we knew you would make it to this day. You are one independent, disciplined, and cheerful kid. You managed to have friends while focusing on your studies. We did not even have to set up rules because you have earned our trust, and you know your limitations. We are blessed to have you as our daughter. Congratulations on this accomplishment! Your dad and I loves you so much!
I do not know how we were able to produce an awesome kid like you. Kidding. You were from the best parents, of course, you will be awesome. Congrats! We are so proud of you.
Happy New Year Quotes
You are one step closer to your dreams! Keep chasing them and we will always be right behind you, you always have our support. We love you, and we are overjoyed by this achievement of yours. This is our achievement, too. You are our achievement.
We have seen how much you have worked hard to achieve this diploma. We are so blessed to have a daughter as responsible as you. We only prayed that you graduate from college but the Lord blessed us with honors, too. We are so proud of you, darling. Congratulations!
We were together through this struggle, and together, we will celebrate this achievement! Congratulations to all of us!
You are one of those people who have giant brains but still have time to socialize with others. I admire your school-life balance, and you truly deserve to graduate with honors. It was a pleasure meeting someone as talented as you. You inspired me to be better. Congratulations on our graduation!
I told you, one day, we will all look back on those sleepless nights, those moments we almost lost hope, those moments we thought we would not make it, and those heartbreaks we have been through during our college years. You looked back, didn’t you? Isn’t it all worth it? Yes, it’s worth it. Congratulations to you! We have made it this far, let’s keep moving.
The 60 Christmas Card Sayings
I must say, you surprised the whole gang! Look at you, all suited up for your graduation. You always told us to just enjoy life and refrain from taking it seriously. I think it’s ridiculous not to take life seriously but, I guess, it worked for you. You made us proud, you inspired us all! Happy graduation day to you!
Cheers to this huge milestone! Let’s party hard, for you are no longer a student but officially unemployed! Here’s to more years of friendship even when we take different career paths in the future! Congratulations to us all!
This is the moment we have all been waiting for! This is the final moment we will enter the campus as students. This is the moment when we could truly throw our text books away. We have survived those dreadful years and we are still alive and ready to fight! We are the brave ones and I believe that the universe will unfold success to newly grads like us who strive hard. See you on the industry, and congratulations to you!
The 60 Mothers Day Quotes
It is time to leave the school, find a job, and pay our debts! Congratulations to all the graduates with student loans!
When I first stepped into the halls of the university, I had no idea I will have this much fun. My mind was focused on getting straight A’s. I did manage to get straight A’s and I found friends who treat me as a family. This journey has taught me a lot, but you guys are the best souvenirs! Congratulations to us, we made it to the end!
We have conquered the world of text books and final exams! We are now entering adulthood, and we are geared up with a lot of knowledge and confidence. Let us embrace this change with open arms, and let ourselves grow. Congratulations to all of us, we deserve this!
Freedom! Finally, we are free.. or not. We may be free from lectures, exams, and text books, but we will enter the industry jail. It is where people is forced to work 9am to 5pm, eat, sleep, and repeat the process. Are you ready for the big change? You should be. There’s no turning back! Anyway, congratulations!
Let’s have our one last “college” party! Let’s celebrate our achievements because we truly worked hard for this. Let’s get drunk for one last time as college seniors, because tomorrow, we will no longer be students but this school’s alumni. Wishing you all good luck on your chosen career paths!
I want to believe that the hardest part is over but recently, everyone is telling me to be prepared for another battle. What have we put ourselves into? Kidding! Congratulations to all of us graduates who have managed to stay sane throughout our four years of stay in the university. I am hoping that everyone will be able to find a job on your chosen career. I wish you guys all the best, and I wish we will stay in touch. Thanks for all the wonderful memories!
You have worked so hard to get to this point and I am so proud of all that you have accomplished. Congratulations on your graduation!
You are deserving of all of the celebrating that you are doing right now as it took a lot of work for you to get to your graduation!
If anyone deserves to take a break right now, it is you. May your graduation bring with it a sense of peace and also of excitement!
It takes a lot of work to get through the kind of schooling that you went through, and I hope that you celebrate this graduation with all that you are.
May you have a beautiful day today as you celebrate the work that you put in and the graduation that you have reached.
Graduating from school is an important step as you head toward a bright future, and I am so proud of you for reaching this point.
Your future is full of all kinds of possibilities and I am excited to see what you choose to do with the life that is before you.
Your graduation is a step toward any kind of future that you want to pursue, and I cannot wait to see what it is that you choose to do.
May you have the happiest of graduations, because you are someone who is always looking out for others even as you are working hard to advance yourself.
You have worked hard without giving up and now it is time that you are celebrated for all that you have accomplished.
Your graduation is a day that honors you for all of the hard work that you put in, and I hope that you day is a special one.
May you take a moment to reflect on all that you accomplished as you celebrate your graduation day.
You’re on graduation wishes, page 1 of 8 graduation wishes, messages and quotes. See related page menu at bottom of this page.
Peruse some graduation wishes for the new graduate. Yes, there’s lots to choose from. But, take a look and see if you find something you like.
Graduation Wishes and Sayings
Now that you’ve graduated it’s now up to you to take that knowledge and do something great with it.
Congratulations! Take some time today to think about what you learned outside the classroom. You’ll probably find that much more valuable than what you learned in it.
With love and pride today and always.
Looks, brains and now a degree? Watch out world – this grad has it all!
Congratulations! Though you may now consider yourself learned, always remember that it’s important to remain a learner. Make learning a lifelong practice.
Graduating is not the end of hard work – it’s just a break before you get into the new and bigger challenges in life. Good luck!
Graduation is a time for celebration, a time of reflection, and a time look ahead. Wishing you a bright future.
I am wishing you a great sense of accomplishment as you celebrate your hard work.
I knew you could do it, and I am proud of you. Congratulations!
I never doubted even for a moment that you would make it. Congratulations for making us proud! You did it!
You’re on the right path to a wonderful life. Congratulations graduate!
It’s clear you’re on the way to the top! Stay humble and remember us normal human beings.
If you’re wondering how the last four years went so fast, you should see how quickly the rest of life flies by. Enjoy this moment. Congratulations.
Just remember that like college, all things that are worth it take time and effort. Continue to follow your dreams.
This site is a resource for friends graduation wishes, family graduation wishes, sister graduation wishes, brother graduation wishes, niece graduation message, nephew graduation greeting, son graduation wishes, daughter graduation wishes, nurses graduation wishes and more. Also, graduation wishes for college and high school.
Hip hip hooray for the graduate!
Congrats on your outstanding achievement!
Graduate to the finer things. Congrats buddy!
May today hold the promise of many great tomorrows!
Proceed with great purpose – but, first take some time to enjoy!
We’re so proud of the woman you’ve become.
A time to remember and a time to celebrate. Let’s get this party started!
An investment in yourself that will pay huge dividends.
Graduation is only the beginning! The sky is the limit!
Oh, the places you’ll go!
Best wishes for your future! Congratulations!
Good luck in all of your endeavors!
Hats off to graduation!
Serious accomplishment; silly hat! You go girl!
31 Grad Party Ideas from BuzzFeed
Congratulations! We are very proud of you.
Congratulations! Your accomplishment and hard work has paid off.
Our pride inside is about to burst. Well done graduate!
Congratulations! You’ve shown that you can be a successful student. Now be sure to continue to be one in every aspect of your life.
Pursue your dreams and reach for the stars! You can do it!
The world ready for someone like you!
Continue to learn as a life learner, and you’ll graduate life successfully.
Be glad, be a grad.
We wish you courage as you steps towards new challenges in your life. Congrats.
You get to wear a funny hat. All your hard work has paid off, and now the hat is yours. Congratulations.
Your most significant learning from college: 24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Bam!
You have not only graduated from high school. You have graduated into adulthood. Wishing you the best things in your future to come. Congratulations graduate.
You once had a dream, but today you’re an achiever. Congratulations on this very special graduation day!
You studied hard and showed us how it’s done. Congratulations on your graduation.
We’re so proud of the person you’ve become.
It’s official: you’re now too cool for school!
Your combination of hard work, effort and passion enabled you to fulfill this dream. Congratulations.
Your graduation is a great achievement, but that’s nothing compared to what life has in store for you next with even bigger challenges and opportunities.
Your graduation is a momentous occasion that you will remember for the rest of your life. Congratulations and here’s to the next step!
Your graduation is only a glimpse of what lies ahead in your bright future. Wishing you the very best for the coming years.
Check out our messages for occasions like birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, and more.
Dear (fill in name), you have made your family and friends very proud. I wish you the best of luck for the future. Hats off the graduate!
You not only graduated, you did it with flying colors! You’re the best!
Four years have gone by and you just keep getting better.
Good luck in all of your endeavors!
Spread your wings and fly!
You’ll be graduating to the finer things!
Graduation is only the beginning
It’s a time to learn, grow, and share. Congrats!
Today is your day, graduate!
Today we celebrate your achievement!
Welcome to the working world!
You’re now hotter by one degree!
Now this is the part where you find out who you are.
Shoot for the moon!
Success will be yours!
The future awaits!
Looking forward to the future
Never forget your alma mater.
Pursue our dreams with your whole being.
The future is yours.
Your dreams will all come true!
Chase your dreams and continue to pursue excellence where you go. Congratulations!
Education is a remarkable tool – It enables you to do wonderful things that can catapult you to great success. Congratulations on your graduation and all the best for the future.
Getting up early for class, going to bed late after assignments, stressed by exams – but now all your effort and determination has paid off Congratulations!
Graduating is certainly a milestone but life is the biggest learning experience of them all! Congratulations on your accomplishment.
We are so proud of all of what you’ve accomplished. March on!
The promise of future success is just around the corner.
To old friends and new beginnings!
Success will be yours. Keep on keeping on.
Always take pride in your work! Congrats!
Spread your wings and fly.
The tassel is worth the hassle.
Switch the tassel to the other side – you’ve done it!
The future just called and it’s waiting for YOU!
Today we celebrate your achievement. You deserve all the accolades!
We are so proud of you
Take time to remember and a time to celebrate!
As one experience comes to an end, another begins.
You’ve done great and you’ll do great!
Believe in your dreams!
Best wishes for your future
To new beginnings!
You have arrived!
Reach for the stars!
(Editor’s Note: This is the gold standard of all commencement addresses. Read and learn.)
I am honored to be with you today at your commencement from one of the finest universities in the world. I never graduated from college. Truth be told, this is the closest I’ve ever gotten to a college graduation. Today I want to tell you three stories from my life. That’s it. No big deal. Just three stories.
The first story is about connecting the dots.
I dropped out of Reed College after the first 6 months, but then stayed around as a drop-in for another 18 months or so before I really quit. So why did I drop out?
It started before I was born. My biological mother was a young, unwed college graduate student, and she decided to put me up for adoption. She felt very strongly that I should be adopted by college graduates, so everything was all set for me to be adopted at birth by a lawyer and his wife. Except that when I popped out they decided at the last minute that they really wanted a girl.
So my parents, who were on a waiting list, got a call in the middle of the night asking: “We have an unexpected baby boy; do you want him?” They said: “Of course.” My biological mother later found out that my mother had never graduated from college and that my father had never graduated from high school. She refused to sign the final adoption papers. She only relented a few months later when my parents promised that I would someday go to college.
And 17 years later I did go to college. But I naively chose a college that was almost as expensive as Stanford, and all of my working-class parents’ savings were being spent on my college tuition. After six months, I couldn’t see the value in it. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life and no idea how college was going to help me figure it out. And here I was spending all of the money my parents had saved their entire life. So I decided to drop out and trust that it would all work out OK. It was pretty scary at the time, but looking back it was one of the best decisions I ever made. The minute I dropped out I could stop taking the required classes that didn’t interest me, and begin dropping in on the ones that looked interesting.
It wasn’t all romantic. I didn’t have a dorm room, so I slept on the floor in friends’ rooms, I returned coke bottles for the 5¢ deposits to buy food with, and I would walk the 7 miles across town every Sunday night to get one good meal a week at the Hare Krishna temple. I loved it. And much of what I stumbled into by following my curiosity and intuition turned out to be priceless later on. Let me give you one example:
Reed College at that time offered perhaps the best calligraphy instruction in the country. Throughout the campus every poster, every label on every drawer, was beautifully hand calligraphed. Because I had dropped out and didn’t have to take the normal classes, I decided to take a calligraphy class to learn how to do this. I learned about serif and san serif typefaces, about varying the amount of space between different letter combinations, about what makes great typography great. It was beautiful, historical, artistically subtle in a way that science can’t capture, and I found it fascinating.
None of this had even a hope of any practical application in my life. But ten years later, when we were designing the first Macintosh computer, it all came back to me. And we designed it all into the Mac. It was the first computer with beautiful typography. If I had never dropped in on that single course in college, the Mac would have never had multiple typefaces or proportionally spaced fonts. And since Windows just copied the Mac, it’s likely that no personal computer would have them. If I had never dropped out, I would have never dropped in on this calligraphy class, and personal computers might not have the wonderful typography that they do. Of course it was impossible to connect the dots looking forward when I was in college. But it was very, very clear looking backwards ten years later.
Again, you can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.
My second story is about love and loss.
I was lucky – I found what I loved to do early in life. Woz and I started Apple in my parents garage when I was 20. We worked hard, and in 10 years Apple had grown from just the two of us in a garage into a $2 billion company with over 4000 employees. We had just released our finest creation – the Macintosh – a year earlier, and I had just turned 30. And then I got fired.
How can you get fired from a company you started? Well, as Apple grew we hired someone who I thought was very talented to run the company with me, and for the first year or so things went well. But then our visions of the future began to diverge and eventually we had a falling out. When we did, our Board of Directors sided with him. So at 30 I was out. And very publicly out. What had been the focus of my entire adult life was gone, and it was devastating.
I really didn’t know what to do for a few months – I felt that I had let the previous generation of entrepreneurs down – that I had dropped the baton as it was being passed to me. I met with David Packard and Bob Noyce and tried to apologize for screwing up so badly – I was a very public failure, and I even thought about running away from the valley. But something slowly began to dawn on me — I still loved what I did. The turn of events at Apple had not changed that one bit. I had been rejected, but I was still in love. And so I decided to start over.
I didn’t see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.
During the next five years, I started a company named NeXT, another company named Pixar, and fell in love with an amazing woman who would become my wife. Pixar went on to create the worlds first computer animated feature film, Toy Story, and is now the most successful animation studio in the world. In a remarkable turn of events, Apple bought NeXT, I returned to Apple, and the technology we developed at NeXT is at the heart of Apple’s current renaissance. And Laurene and I have a wonderful family together.
I’m pretty sure none of this would have happened if I hadn’t been fired from Apple. It was awful tasting medicine, but I guess the patient needed it. Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith. I’m convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You’ve got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers.
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle.
My third story is about death.
When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: “If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.” It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?” And whenever the answer has been “No” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.
Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure – these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
About a year ago I was diagnosed with cancer. I had a scan at 7:30 in the morning, and it clearly showed a tumor on my pancreas. I didn’t even know what a pancreas was. The doctors told me this was almost certainly a type of cancer that is incurable, and that I should expect to live no longer than three to six months. My doctor advised me to go home and get my affairs in order, which is doctor’s code for prepare to die. It means to try to tell your kids everything you thought you’d have the next 10 years to tell them in just a few months. It means to make sure everything is buttoned up so that it will be as easy as possible for your family – It means to say your goodbyes.
I lived with that diagnosis all day. Later that evening I had a biopsy, where they stuck an endoscope down my throat, through my stomach and into my intestines, put a needle into my pancreas and got a few cells from the tumor. I was sedated, but my wife, who was there, told me that when they viewed the cells under a microscope the doctors started crying because it turned out to be a very rare form of pancreatic cancer that is curable with surgery. I had the surgery and I’m fine now.
This was the closest I’ve been to facing death, and I hope it’s the closest I get for a few more decades. Having lived through it, I can now say this to you with a bit more certainty than when death was a useful but purely intellectual concept:
No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.
Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
When I was young, there was an amazing publication called The Whole Earth Catalog, which was one of the bibles of my generation. It was created by a fellow named Stewart Brand not far from here in Menlo Park, and he brought it to life with his poetic touch. This was in the late 1960’s, before personal computers and desktop publishing, so it was all made with typewriters, scissors, and Polaroid cameras. It was sort of like Google in paperback form, 35 years before Google came along: it was idealistic, and overflowing with neat tools and great notions.
Stewart and his team put out several issues of The Whole Earth Catalog, and then when it had run its course, they put out a final issue. It was the mid-1970s, and I was your age. On the back cover of their final issue was a photograph of an early morning country road, the kind you might find yourself hitchhiking on if you were so adventurous. Beneath it were the words: “Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.” It was their farewell message as they signed off – Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish. And I have always wished that for myself. And now, as you graduate to begin anew, I wish that for you.
Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.
Thank you all very much.
1 – Graduation Wishes
2 – Card Messages
3 – Graduating Quotes
4 – Funny Quotations
5 – Inspirational
6 – College
7 – High School
8 – Congratulations Quotes
9 – What to write in cards
10 – Congratulations Graduation Messages
To Share is Divine...
Go through the dozens of graduation wishes for children below and make your son/daughter's special day a more spectacular occasion.
Graduation wishes for college students, friends, congratulation cards message wishes from parents to son and daughter. Find here awesome perfect pretty words about congratulations graduation messages with quotes for who are completed their diploma or academic degree. The best graduation wishes messages are ready to collect via in this post. Are you want to wish your daughter or son graduation? Here is the most beautiful and amazing words of graduation congratulation cards for achievements. You can buy a own greeting or graduation card then write our given graduation quotes. These quotes are available for all. Such as from parents to daughter and son or friends to friends anyone can easily pick this quotes messages and write in your card. Then you can wish your own style in additionally save your time and efforts to what to write in a graduation card. Also collect some additional topics like congratulation birthday, congrats grad, congratulations graduation, marriage congratulations wishes, congratulations and best wishes for continued success or future achievements.
There are lot of occasions we can say congratulations wishes such as
Ready made congratulations wishes for graduation and master degree congratulations cards are available to pick. Besides share those congrats messages through Whatsapp and Facebook any social media network or any mobile messenger applications. Now a days Whatsapp is the most important application for everyone life and it’s most popular’ed world wide. Why Whatsapp messenger app every people like? Because through Whatsapp we can share photos, videos, greetings, pictures, images, voice nodes and many more multimedia. So this is the easy way to exchange or share messages or our thoughts instantly in world wide. About graduation for more information click here. Here below I listed graduation wishes messages please collect it which one you want and share to your circle, who are graduating on time.
Congratulations on your graduation!
Caps off to the graduate! Congratulations!
The future is a rainbow of beautiful tomorrows,
when you hold a dream in your heart!
To a real class act-
you made the grade! Congratulations!
Congratulations, Graduate! The sky is the limit!
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Congrats! Hats off to you!
Hats off to the graduate!
This calls for celebrating! Congratulations!
Happy Graduation Day!
With love and pride today and always!
You did it! You finally graduated. It’s about time.
The world is waiting for you. Go for it!
Congratulations! You did it!!!
Every yesterday is a memory of dreams.
Every tomorrow is a vision of hopes.
Congratulations on your graduation! We’re so proud of you, dear!
You’re a star in our eyes! Congratulations new graduate!
You can achieve whatever you want in life. Reach for the stars, Honey.
We believe in you!
After all those times of late night studies, lack of sleep and sacrifice-
you’ve made it! And you’ve made us proud!
https://techhowdy.com/whatsapp-graduation-wishes-daughter-son/https://techhowdy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/graduation-wishes.jpghttps://techhowdy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/graduation-wishes-150x150.jpgDemonLife StyleWhatsAppcards for achievements,congrats grad,congratulation birthday,congratulation cards,congratulations,graduation card,graduation congratulations,Graduation wishes,whatsappGraduation wishes for college students, friends, congratulation cards message wishes from parents to son and daughter. Find here awesome perfect pretty words about congratulations graduation messages with quotes for who are completed their diploma or academic degree. The best graduation wishes messages are ready to collect via in [email protected] there, I am Lyoid Lopes. Internet Marketer and Blog writer. I am Software Engineering Technology graduate from Centennial College Canada. In Techhowdy I publish new technology news every day. You can reach me Facebook, Twitter and Google +TechHowdy
To our sweet, accomplished daughter. Congratulations on your graduation! A whole new world full of possibilities is now open to you. We wish you the best of.