Whether you are saying goodbye to a loved one or to a coworker, Even if you aren't close to the person leaving, it is still polite to write These quotes would work great on their own or accompanied by a personal message.
When leaving a job, you may want to write your coworkers, boss, or employees a farewell message. You may also want to say thank you in your message.
Writing a pleasant goodbye note may encourage others to remember you fondly. Saying goodbye is #8 on the list of 15 things to do before leaving a job.
At the office, the farewell message is usually sent via email when sending the same message to a group of people such as a team or others that you had contact with. When saying goodbye to one person, such as your boss, mentor, or close coworker, you may want to write a handwritten note instead of sending an email. Handwritten notes may feel more personal, and the person is likely to keep it longer than an email.
You don't have to thank or say goodbye to everyone on the list below with a farewell message. Wanting to thank someone on that list, may be what brought you to this post. So I listed others that you may want to write a message to that you may not have considered otherwise.
If you know of someone else that is leaving, you may want to send them a message. If they send you a farewell email, you could reply and write them a farewell message
Below are some suggestions for what types of things to include in your farewell note. They are followed by sections of examples notes written to a boss, employee, and coworkers.
Your note can look like the example that follows. For more information on the layout of a thank-you note, see these 5 easy steps.
Dear [Person's Name],
Your Message (this is the middle section).
Second paragraph (optional).
Third paragraph (optional).
Closing (such as kind regards, thanks again, etc.),
Note: words in [brackets] in the examples below, should be replaced appropriately for your note.
The format of the farewell examples messages will be the same, so only the middle section of the note is included in the examples below when the note has only 1 paragraph. You can add additional paragraphs to any of the samples if you desire. You can also combine wording from different examples into your note.
Note: This section of examples is for when you are sending one email to multiple people. Since its being sent to a group, you will not be thanking anyone for anything specific. Some of the examples will feel generic and simple. These emails are more casual and could be for a boss sending an email to employees or coworkers to coworkers.
I've enjoyed working with all of you. My last day is [Day of Week], [Date]. If you'd like to stay in touch here are my contact details:
List only the contact details you want to provide.
personal email address
Also, feel free to send me your contact details.
I'll be starting a new opportunity next week. My last day here is [Day of Week], [Date].
If you'd like to stay in touch, my email address is [your email address].
Thank you all for being so great to work with it! It's been an honor working with such a dedicated and successful group.
If you haven't heard yet, I've accepted a position at [Company Name]. My last day here is [Day of Week], [Date].
Please feel free to stop by my [desk/cube/office] this week.
You've been the best team I've ever worked with. Working to together on projects has been a delight. I will miss working with you. However, I'm am excited about my new opportunity with [Company Name].
My Facebook page is [link to your Facebook page], and my email address is [your email address].
We've accomplished a lot together as a team. It's been an honor working with each of you. I have enjoyed the camaraderie and consider each of you a friend.
I am excited to move on to a new challenge at [Company Name]. If you want to know more about it, please let me know.
Also, please respond if you'd like to stay in touch, and then we can share personal contact information.
As [Boss's name] announced in the meeting yesterday, my last day is on [date]. I am leaving with a tinge of sadness as I've come to enjoy a friendship with each of you.
You've inspired me to keep learning as much as I can. Now, to keep growing, I feel that moving to a larger company will lead to more opportunities.
Thank you for being a fantastic team!
Let's stay in touch.
You've been a fantastic team for the past two years. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to work with each of you. My last day is on [date]. I am hoping we can squeeze in a team lunch before then.
Also, thank you for listening to all of my cat stories! I am very excited that my next position is at the Humane Society where I can spend plenty of time helping cats.
[Note: In your note, replace the sentence above with whatever you talked about a lot with your coworkers and where your next position is and why you are excited about it]
This could be done in a handwritten note or an email or even an instant message if your company uses Skype or Slack (or another messaging program).
Hello [Person's Name]
I have enjoyed having you on my team during the past few years. I am thankful for all of your contributions to our team. Your work on [project name] was outstanding and provided a great deal of value to the company.
Also, I appreciate your honesty whenever I asked for feedback on my performance. Not everyone was willing to share things with me.
As I start my new opportunity, know that I will miss working with you. Perhaps our paths will cross again in the future. Until then, please keep in touch! My personal emails is [your email address] and my phone number is ###-###-####.
2. Thank you for being a dependable employee. You will be missed. You were terrific and supportive with training new hires. It's going to be hard to replace you.
3. I wish you all the best at your new position. Thank you for everything you did while on my team. Your work on [project name] was top notch. You'll be remembered as one of the good ones!
4. I am sad to see you go! But I am happy for you at the same time. The new position may be precisely what you are looking for. Thank you for always being willing to help out with whatever was needed without complaining.
5. You've been an incredible support to the team and me. Thank you for all of your process improvements. Your legacy will live on here with all the macros and other tools you developed to make everyone's jobs easier. I wish you all the success in your next position.
6. Thank you for your hard work and dedication while you were on my team. [Client name] expressed many times how much they liked having you on their project. They are going to miss you too! Here is my personal email address if you'd like to stay in touch: [your email address].
7. You will be missed! I do hope your new job provides you with what you were looking for as a next career step. Thank you for being awesome.
Hello [Boss's Name],
Thank you for being the best boss I've had so far in my career. You're a wonderful listener, and I felt valued as a team member.
The team events over the years have helped with team bonding. Some people will say they are a waste of time, but they were not to me.
If you want to stay in my personal email is [your email address].
All the best,
Thank you for all the advice you have given me. I appreciate the recommendation you gave to [new company name] on my behalf. I believe it helped me to get the job. I am looking forward to trying out [new career field].
Please stay in touch.
Thank you for sharing your wisdom with me while I worked on your team. You helped me to learn that there are often many ways, not just A or B, to solve problems. I will remember that advice.
I want to stay in touch. What is your personal email address? Mine is [your email address].
4. You’ve been a great manager. I will miss working with you and the team. Perhaps our paths will cross again in the future.
5. It’s been an honor working with you. I will treasure all of the advice you passed on about [job topic]. Whoever you hire to replace me, will be fortunate to learn from you.
6. You were my favorite team lead ever! I will miss chatting with you. Thank you for giving me opportunities to learn and improve my skills in [topic/program]. It's because of you that I was able to accept the manager position at [new company name]. I appreciate all your support in my personal development.
7. Thank you for being a wonderful boss. Your integrity made your team great to be on. I felt inspired to give my best every day. If you want to stay in touch, my email is [your email address]
Note: it can be easy to say Good Luck. There are 100+ ways to say good luck here.
These messages can be sent as a reply to a farewell message. Or if you didn’t receive a farewell note, you can still send the person that is leaving an email, if you desire.
1. I have enjoyed working with you! Good luck at your new position.
2. Thank you for all you taught me about [subject they taught you about]. My knowledge and skills improved because of the time you spent mentoring me. I wish you all the best!
3. Wow! I am excited for you. We had some fun times working together. Good luck at the new job.
4. You'll do great at your new position! Thank you for being a great friend while we worked together.
5. Thank you for everything that you taught me! I enjoyed working with you and wish you all the best in at your new position.
6. I am excited for you and your new position. I hope it works out well for you. Thank you for being an excellent teammate while we worked together.
7. I am going to miss working with you! I appreciate all you taught me about [topic]. You were a great mentor!
1. You were one of my favorite people to work it. I'm so glad we were assigned to the same team. Thank you for being so fun to work with it. I liked discussing programming problems with you and coming up with solutions.
2. Sitting next to you for the past few years has been delightful. I will miss hearing your stories and working on projects with you. You are very good at the position. If you ever decide you want to join me at [company name of new position], I will gladly recommend you. Of course, I better make sure I like working their first! I'll let you know in a few weeks how thing are going.
3. Thank you for all of your support while we worked together. I appreciate all the time you spent mentoring me when I was new. I feel like I learned more from you than anyone else. Your knowledge about [topic] surpasses most others. I'd love to stay in touch. Here is my contact information [and then provide your contact information].
4. I'm so glad we made a connection that day in the cafeteria when you saw my cat shirt. I love talking about cats with you. You may have heard already, but my last day is [Date]. I accepted a new position at [company name]. Would you like to meet for in a few weeks? I should be settled in by then.
5. I will miss working with you! My last day is on Friday. Thank you for all of your help and support during the past year. I hope our friendship will continue once I start the new position. My contact information is: [list your contact info]. Thank you!
6. Thank you for being a reliable source of information about [topic]. As you may know, you became my trusted source during the past year. I appreciate that you were always up to date with the latest information. I am going to miss your expertise. I hope we can stay in touch as friends! My email address is [your email address].
7. I loved working with you. Please know that I will miss you and look forward to meeting for lunch soon. Thank you for being a great friend and coworker!
I hope the examples above helped you to write your farewell message!
Have you ever received a memorable farewell message? Did it include a thank you? What did it say?
Whether you are saying goodbye to a loved one or to a coworker, Even if you aren't close to the person leaving, it is still polite to write These quotes would work great on their own or accompanied by a personal message.
Do you have a colleague or a co-worker at your workplace who is soon going to leave the company and the job? If yes, then you must make your co-worker’s last day memorable and wish them with the success in future. Saying goodbye to your colleague could be painful if he or she is close to you and has bonded with you and the rest of the office well. If he or she is your special friend rather than mere co-workers, then they must deserve a special goodbye with a memorable farewell celebration to mark their last day in the workplace.
You can team up with your other co-workers and bosses to give a great farewell to your dear office mate. You can even wish them good luck in future and make them realize that you and office will miss him/her dearly with the help of the heart touching quotes and messages which are appropriate for anybody’s farewell from office. Our website has attractive collections of farewell quotes, messages and goodbye messages which you can post it digitally at the projector screen at the party place or office area to make him special. You can even inscribe these emotional and feel good quotes in some sort of greetings cards or a note along with the gift. You can even use these quotes personally in your farewell speech for them.
Here are some of the best farewell quotes for the co-worker:
I have gained a lot working with you these years. I wish you will be successful in your new job, new position, and new company and hopefully happy with your new colleagues.
the morning meetings will not be the same anymore without your warm greetings, farewell my dear friend.
It was great working with someone like you, but not so great to say goodbye to someone like you. But with all my heart, I wish you all the best in future and great success ahead.
You will be seriously missed here. Take care of your new job, Miss you…
I wish I could be your co-worker at your new office. It was great working with you. The future co-workers will be very lucky to get the opportunity to work with you. Goodbye, and keep in touch!
I never knew we would become such close friends in such a short amount of time. I am happy that I found a best friend at my workplace. I am surely going to miss you a lot. Wish you all the best for your next job. I know you are going to shine bright. Good luck!
A void develops when someone from the family leaves but we know that you are leaving for something better. We wish you a bright future ahead. All the best!
I have learned a lot working with you. You were not only my colleague but also my mentor. Thank you for all the support. I will miss you. All the best!
It was great working with you. I will always cherish the fun we had together. I wish you best of luck for your next opportunity. All the best!
You will not longer be my colleague but you will always remain my best friend. All the best, buddy. Stay in touch!
I am going to miss you a lot. The coffee breaks, working hard on projects and all the fun we had. I know you will make it grand in your next job as well. All the best!
Working with you was the highlight of my job here. Thank you for all the teachings. All the best!
You have been the best colleague ever. Your way of working and support were exemplary. I cannot wait to listen about your new job. Stay in touch. All the best!
You may no longer be my coworker, but you’ll still be my dear friend. Good luck at your new endeavors!
Let us keep our friendship active, though you will no longer part of our team. You will be missed dearly and I would love to keep contacts with you.
Working with you was the greatest experience ever for me, Good luck in your new position and new company.
You have been so supportive, honest and encouraging during your phase in this office. Keep doing great things in life. Good bye.
You will be missed and remembered always. Thank you for sharing the good times and sweet memories with us.
Wishing you endless success and great opportunities ahead. Goodbye dear.
Monthly targets and performance evaluations will come and go, but the memories of a sweet colleague like you will stay in my memory forever. A painful farewell to you dear.
we started with a anxious hello but ended with a heartfelt good bye,farewell.
It is painful to bid you farewell as you start a new beginning in your career. I wish you with continued success in all your future accomplishments.
I want to kill the headhunter who hunted you. Well, he has notched his best hunt ever. Farewell to you dear.
Partnership with you at work was one of the superlative professional experiences in my career and life. Farewell.
You were my best opponent, truthful colleague, trustworthy co-worker, and dependable colleague. Farewell and keep in touch.
Farewell, to the person whose word we have trusted more than performance report. Farewell.
This is such a thrilling chance for you, but it’s painful that you’re leaving. Please keep in touch! Farewell to you.
Wishing you the best in your new career. Congratulations, and best of luck!
I will miss my dear colleague and best friend, you are the best person I have ever worked with. Bye!
Coming to the office every day and not seeing your lovely face will be a sad thing for me. But the great memories we’ve shared will never diminish. Farewell.
I really had a great time working with you. Hope to see you soon. All the best!
This office will no longer be the same for me because my best friend is leaving. Yet I am happy because she is leaving for something better. I will miss you. Let’s stay in touch, alright? Best of luck!
I wish you an abundant success on your new endeavour. I know you are going to soar high. All the best!
Thank you for all the support. People like you are very hard to find. Your new job is quite lucky to have you there. All the best!
Wish you all the very best for the next phase of your life. May you reach heights with this one. All the best!
I hope that your new work place treats you well. Wish you abundant happiness and success. All the best!
Sometimes you come across a person and you instantly click. There is no awkwardness and misconceptions but enormous respect and love. You have been that exact person for me. Thanks for being my best of friends. I will miss having you here. All the best!
i bid my goodbye to not just a colleague but a friend and a trustworthy companion.
Farewell to a person whom we trust more than ourselves, wish you a very happy journey ahead.
A bundle of joy , prosperity and success to your way dear friend, happy farewell. wish you a happy life ahead.
So, these are the best collection of heart touching farewell wishes and quotes from us. You are free to share with your co-workers and they will be very happy to see that how much you care for them.
It is very difficult to say goodbye to those who are very close to us. Especially, when your colleagues & co-workers are about to leave the job or your teachers are about to retire and when our friends are about to far away from us, farewell messages could be the ideal way.
This is a very depressing moment for all of us. Still, we have to say goodbye to them, you must cherish the best times you spent with the loved ones, teachers, colleagues, co-workers, and pray for their success.
Saying farewell to a co-worker who has always been supportive for years that could be really painful but showing your respect & love towards him/her is much more important to express your feelings.
So, it is high time to say some heartfelt words of admiration or even with some sweet words to say thank you to them. You can also wish them good luck in their new life.
Here are some best farewell messages to bid farewell your dearest ones with a lot of care & love. Share these on WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest messages to express your feelings via some sweet words.
1. Now, you are leaving a ton of sweet memories with us today. We will miss those wonderful memories each and every one of us. Have a great journey ahead!😊
2. There have been times when I have been a little bit rude to you. Today, as we part, I want to tell forgive me to all the rudeness. Have a great future ahead!
3. Success will not find you no matter where you go & what you do. As you are leaving us today just know that my heart will always find you in it.
4. Go ahead and find your glory. But you never forget the ones you shared the journey with. I wish you good luck for the new life!
5. Every beginning has an ending. But out ending is getting with a lot of beautiful memories and love. We will miss you. Happy journey!🤗
6. You have been an inspiration to all of us, and we’ve enjoyed a lot working with you. We wish you a big success where you go. Have a spectacular life!
7. Today, we are going to say goodbye to each other. But there is no reason to feel sad at all. Think about all the happy memories we spent, shared. Happy Farewell!
8. Having a friend like you in the workplace is a kind of gift. I’ve always appreciated you for what you’ve done.
9. This is not a time to weep out. It is time to fill your heart with new hopes for the new life. We will always get in touch no matter where we are. Have a great future!
10. May the journey ahead be comfortable and enjoyable. Have a wonderful journey!
To say goodbye to a co-worker or colleague who is also your mate for years could be very despondent and difficult but, at the same time, it becomes very necessary to support & encourage your colleague who is going to leave the company.
Try these best farewell messages to your colleagues and motive them towards starting their new life by expressing your feelings.
11. I’ve learned a lot of things working with you in the past. I know and I hope you will succeed in your new position. Thank you and farewell!🤗
12. I have never known a colleague like you so intelligent and down to earth. You’re leaving a lot of great and beautiful memories for each one of us.
13. You were a lot more than a co-worker. Because of you, this office always seemed like a family. Today, our hearts are weeping to say goodbye to you!
14. Even if you will no longer my co-worker, but you will continue to be my friend. All the very best for beginning a new life!
15. You’ve always been supportive, inspirational, encouraging, and honest during your time here. Your new place is incredibly fortunate for you and you get all the happiness in the future ahead. Happy journey!✌
16. it doesn’t really matter if you are with us or not, but your works will always inspire each and every person in this office. Have an awesome life!
17. Working with you has been a wonderful experience. I wonder if I will ever have a co-worker like you. Have a fantastic journey ahead!
18. On your last day of the office, I would like to express my sincere gratitude for all the things you’ve done for me and for all the kind gestures of yours. Happy farewell, buddy!
19. Your presence has added so much meaning to my life. I hope you set a great benchmark there as well. Adieu and Happy life!
20. You are very kind, humble. and liberal with whom everyone would love to work. Wishing you the best future ahead!👍
Read More Interesting Wishes
Best Birthday Wishes
Wishes For Sisters
Anniversary Wishes For Wife
Good Morning Wishes
Birthday Wishes For Father
Birthday Wishes For Mom
Whether your employee is leaving the company for retirement or to another job position anywhere else. This is high time to pay tribute to their employees who served a great time at your organization by sending one of these great farewell messages.
Have a look at some great farewell messages to employees that will get you inspired
21. You are a very kind employee in the office. Its no wonder you are going to a bigger place. Wish you all the best!
22. I would like to thank you for all the milestones you helped this company to achieve. You set an example for this company. Have an outstanding journey!
23. A perfect employee is the one who motivates his boss as much as his boss motivates him. Thanks for being an inspiration for the company. The best journey forever!👏
24. Your hard works will always motivate those who worked with you. It will be very difficult to find a replacement for you! Goodbye and good luck! Have the best journey!
25. From friendship to mentorship to leadership, you have given this company a warm relationship in every possible form. Thanks for everything. Have a great life & journey!
26. You’ve not only contributed personally but also motivated others to make a difference. This company will always remember yours as a great employee. Happy journey!
27. An employee like you is a symbol of professionalism. Thank you for bringing the best work. Have a lovely future ahead!!🤗
28. My farewell to one great employee. Your hard work & dedication were a vital part of our team. Thank you for providing your best service. Happy journry!
29. Dearest, employee, I want to thank you and extend my wishes as you bid farewell. You’ve been a treasured employee of the company always. Good luck and a fantastic journey!
30. Your services were imperative for our company, I will miss one of my finest employees. Goodbye and all the very best for your future endeavors.
Saying goodbye to your boss or mentor who guided, supported, and also taught you every step of the way. It becomes an extremely heart-wrenching moment for all since it appears like a huge loss.
But you should bid farewell to boos with huge respect and feeling of gratitude, make him feel so special on the last of the office.
Send these sweet farewell wishes to your boss on WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
31. You made us believe in ourselves. No one couldn’t guide us more successfully than you. It’s hard to bid you farewell for us. But you will be missed forever! Best journey!
32. We feel fortunate to have worked under your supervision. You will always be missed every day by each one of us. Happy Farewell!
33. There were times when your bossy nature made us frown but at the end of the day, it was all good for our future. We are going to miss you a lot boss!
34. Dear, boss, your support, guidance, and inspiration will be missed more than your appreciation. You are not only the boss but also a good teacher. Farewell!
35. Success & failures are an integral part of the job but your advice and way of dealing with failures in the best. Stay happy and blessed. Boss!
36. As you leave us today, let us tell you that you were one of the best guardians for us and always will be. I wish you the best future ahead!
37. A boss like you is very difficult to get. You were more like a colleague and friend than the Boss. We will miss you. Have an awesome future!👍
38. Dear, Boss, you are a true leader and I salute you for that. I hope I could be as good as you. I am too depressed we won’t work again. Wishing the best of luck in all your future endeavors.
39. On the last of your job, we would all like to express our heartfelt thankfulness for all kind gestures, Goodbye for your best future, stay blessed!
40. We wish you to continue supporting us and help in every possible way, we need you still in our career. Our best Farewell wishes for you to have a bright future!
Friends are like the family you get to choose, your closest friends are your confidants, sidekicks, therapist, some of your biggest supports.
Even if they are leaving near or far, but you will always be there for them. Share your feelings with our best collection of farewell wishes for friends and make them feel happy.
41. Friends never say goodbye to each other. As deep inside the heart, they know that they’ll be touch forever! Good wishes for your future!😊
42. We’ve many good memories with each other. It doesn’t really matter where we are, but we will always feel close to each other thinking about the wonderful memories. Have a great life with a lot of love and happiness!
43. A true friend like you is a precious gift for life. My heart is crying today knowing that you will not be here with me anymore. I wish you a blessed life!
44. Now, you are going far away from me. But I know it is just a matter of time we will meet again, and our friendship will make us stronger. Happy journey!
45. The hardest part of life for someone is saying goodbye. Now, the time has come to bid farewell to each other. I wish you all the happiness, love, and peach in your new life.🤗
46. I feel that I have lost my sense of humor today. It is a very sad time for me to say goodbye to you who made my every single day like a treat. Farewell, my friend!
47. Now, our lives would be boring without your presence. That is why your departure would make all of us feel sad. Goodbye, my lovely friend!
48. I still remember all the moments we shared together with my dear friend and I hope such days would come back again. I will miss buddy!
49. Today, I feel depressed, I feel sad, I feel low, and I feel sick when I think how I am going to live without you. I wish you would come back soon to my life as a friend!
50. How it is wonderful to see that strangers became friends within a short period of time. I hope our bonding will remain the same in the future. Have the best and amazing journey, my lovely friend!❤
51. Dear, teacher, you’ve enlightened so many hearts with the words you say. A teacher like you is the most precious asset of our country. Happy farewell!
52. Words cannot be described how painful it was when we heard of your retirement. Since you have been an inspiration to all of us in the department, and a great mentor that we always respect. We pray God gives you immense happiness, courage, strength, and wisdom to continue the good work you are known for. Have a great life ahead!😎
53. You are not only a great teacher but also a g great human being. There are so many things that we’ve learned from you! Happy Farewell!
54. Learning under this environment will never be the same now without a teacher like you. I wish and hope that your new place is full of fun and happiness as usual. Happy farewell and thank you for being our motivation!
55. Farewell doesn’t really mean the end of our friendship. We have had a great journey and we will meet definitely each other soon til then have an awesome life and Farewell!
56. Dear, teacher, not only I have enjoyed working with you, but also I have gained a lot of experience on how to build a good relation and reputation.
57. Thank for the knowledge that you’ve shared with us. Your love for success has no end. Thank you for always being there for me. I will miss your kind words. Goodbye!
58. I don’t wanna say lengthy words, but I simply wanna say that there was no one who can stand against you and can say he/she is best. I will miss you so much! Best of luck for a new life!
59. You corrected my mistakes, you encouraged me with your great words full of hope & support.
60. You are a hero, father, and role model. All these years, you’ve given me motivation, inspiration, and the much-needed knowledge to excel in my chosen profession. Have a wonderful future ahead!
61. I feel very fortunate to have met you in my life. You are leaving a profound impact on my life. Thank you so much and Goodbye!
62. I would like to really thank for being an incredible part of my life. I’m looking forward to meeting you once again in this long journey of life. Happy farewell!
63. It’s been a wonderful journey that we shared with each other. Still, it is the same journey that is taking us away from each other. I would like to thank you for all the things and good moments. Have a memorable farewell1
64. I will really appreciate your time and effort. I will miss you & hope you will always get in touch with me from time to time. Thank you and Farewell!
65. With gratitude, I thank you all, my dear colleagues for the great opportunity that I got a chance to share my service with you. I wish you all the best & thank you for your cherished friendship.
66. I don’t know how to thank you for all the wonderful memories you shared with me. We will miss those wonderful memories spent with you. Have a spectacular life.
67. The moments we shared together were precious. I think it would be difficult to adjust to living a life without your presence
68. With a grateful heart, I want to share my feelings with you on this last day of my work. Thank you for everything. Happy journey!
69. Many thanks for giving this company unbelievable experience, strength, and determination. Happy farewell & life.
70. I would like to thank you for playing a massive role in the company. I hope you get many more opportunities in the future too. Happy life and farewell.
71. I am very thankful for spending precious time with you, and I’ve learned quite a lot under your guidance. Thanks for everything! Have an awesome journey!
Is someone leaving your workplace and you want some farewell wishes for a colleague to write in a card? Need help finding the right words for.
Retirement is the point in time when an employee chooses to leave his or her employment permanently. Retirement generally coincides with the employee's eligibility to collect retirement resources such as Social Security, a company pension, or distributions from a 401(k) or another retirement plan.
Eligibility for public and private retirement resources varies from country to country as does the retirement age.
An employee may choose retirement for reasons other than the wish to stop working. Employees may suffer ill health or debilitating physical problems that require retirement. Family problems and responsibilities may require retirement.
An employer may require employees to take early retirement in order to cut costs and preserve the business. Whatever the reason, retirement from employment marks the start of the next chapter of an employee's life.
Employees choose diverse methods of retirement. They may leave employment completely or start a second career or part-time work. They may semi-retire or pursue phased retirement during which they gradually decrease the number of hours worked. Some employees retire and then return to work for their same employer in a part-time, temporary, or consulting role.
Fortunately for retiring employees, many options exist to meet their financial, emotional, and social needs in retirement. With sufficient financial resources, the employee may decide to pursue interests other than work and career in retirement.
When a coworker retires, coworkers generally sign the retirement card, participate in the scheduled festivities, and send personal greetings and gifts to honor the retirement occasion. Traditionally, when the momentous occasion of an employee retirement occurs, it is marked as a life passage into the next chapter for the employee.
The employer and the employee's colleagues use the retirement event as one last opportunity to express care and appreciation for a valued coworker. As a consequence, employers and coworkers, who know not what the future brings, want to wish the retiring employee a happy retirement. This is greatly appreciated by the employee who has decided to retire.
But, the employer and coworkers are often more hesitant about how to deliver their retirement wishes effectively and successfully. They frequently use standard gifts that will remind the employee of their workplace in the coming years. Engraved watches, plaques, and desk clocks are examples of a reminder retirement gift.
Here are sample retirement wishes that you can customize for your own use when you have the opportunity to wish a treasured colleague all of the best in retirement. These retirement words wish the coworker the very best thoughts for the future.
Read through these sample retirement words and wishes to find sentiments that echo your own feelings about a coworker.
Find out more about retirement with these additional resources.
If you're looking for the perfect words to include in a goodbye message to a colleague who is leaving the company, use our well-written texts to.