Having a bad day? Feeling uninspired? Maybe a little lost? On the dark days, these quotes will help give you the encouragement you need to.
If you are studying for the CPA exam or any other professional test, you know that sometimes you could use a little motivation from time to time.
Putting in tons of hours studying each week can be a drag and enough to make you want to quit pursuing your dream of passing the exam. Or worse, you might have failed a section of the exam in the past and you need the motivation to pick yourself back up and take the test again.
I find inspirational test-taking quotes to be one of the biggest sources of motivation out there. Motivational test quotes have power and stick in your head. I’ve often turned these into mantras, speaking them out loud to myself and writing them down during my study process.
If you are studying for an exam and need a little motivation, here’s a few exam quotes that I’ve found pretty motivating. I hope they help you as much as they helped me.
Life only has one rule: Never quit. – Unknown
In the middle of ever difficulty lies opportunity. – Albert Einstein
Do something that your future self will thank you for.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.
Dreams don’t work unless you do.
Don’t stress. Do your best. Forget the rest.
Nothing happens until something moves. – Albert Einstein
The best view comes after the toughest climb.
The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.
Dream big and dare to fail. -Norman Vaughan
Work until your idols become your rivals.
Don’t think about tomorrow. Think about the task at hand.
Wake up with determination and go to bed with satisfaction.
There is no substitute for hard work. -Thomas Edison
Work in silence. Let success make the noise.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
Persistence is failing 19 times and succeeding on the 20th
A river cuts through a rock not because of its power, but because of its persistence.
If you are going through hell, keep going. – Winston Churchill
Nothing worth having comes easy.
You don’t have to do it right; you just have to do something.
Do something that scares you everyday.
Do something everyday that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.
We don’t grow when something is easy. We grow when something is challenging.
When life gets harder, challenge yourself to get stronger.
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. – Thomas Edison
Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. – Thomas Edison
Kenneth W. Boyd is a former Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and the author of several of the popular "For Dummies" books published by John Wiley & Sons including 'CPA Exam for Dummies' and 'Cost Accounting for Dummies'.
Ken has gained a wealth of business experience through his previous employment as a CPA, Auditor, Tax Preparer and College Professor. Today, Ken continues to use those finely tuned skills to educate students as a professional writer and teacher.
Feb 14, 2019- Explore jonisetzer's board "Inspiring & Encouraging Words of Wisdom", followed by 783 people on Pinterest. See more ideas about Awesome .
Every struggle we face has been overcome by someone we respect who is willing to tell us how it is done.
4 min read
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
The right quote at the right time can often provide deeper meaning and perception just when you need it most.
A perfectly worded quip can impart wisdom and wit. It can tug at your heartstrings or be a bolt of lightning to awaken and invigorate your mind. A good quote can give you a lens through which to view a difficult situation or provide a ray of light in a dark time.
Here’s a compilation of inspiring quotes from people whose observations and intuitions continue to lift us all.
1. “My biggest motivation? Just to keep challenging myself. I see life almost like one long university education that I never had -- every day I’m learning something new.” -- Richard Branson
2. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, and 99 percent perspiration.” -- Thomas Edison
3. “Every time you state what you want or believe, you’re the first to hear it. It’s a message to both you and others about what you think is possible. Don’t put a ceiling on yourself.” -- Oprah Winfrey
Related: Top 10 Online Book Clubs For Entrepreneurial Inspiration
4. “Fear is the disease. Hustle is the antidote.” -- Travis Kalanick
5. “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” -- Sheryl Sandberg
6. “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” -- Biz Stone
7. “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” -- Bill Gates
8. “Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.” -- Gloria Steinem
9. “The question I ask myself almost every day is, ‘Am I doing the most important thing I could be doing?’” -- Mark Zuckerberg
10. “You take your life in your own hands, and what happens? A terrible thing, no one to blame.” -- Erica Jong
11. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” -- Albert Einstein
12. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” --Winston Churchill
13. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” --Walt Disney
14. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” -- Helen Keller
15. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” -- Albert Schweitzer
16. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” -- John Maxwell
17. “It’s hard to do a really good job on anything you don’t think about in the shower.” -- Paul Graham
18. “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” -- Babe Ruth
19. “Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” -- Farrah Gray
21. “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -- Henry Ford
22. “The entrepreneur is essentially a visualizer and actualizer. He can visualize something, and when he visualizes it he sees exactly how to make it happen.” -- Robert L. Schwartz
23. “I'm convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” -- Steve Jobs
24. “What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.” -- Bob Dylan
25. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” -- Jim Rohn
304 Encouraging QuotesLet these encouraging quotes give you inspiration, confidence, and faith. Quotations that are uplifting, motivating and can be shared with others. Positive thoughts to face the challenging issues that life sometimes brings.
Access 580 of the best inspirational quotes today (2019). You'll discover lines on life, struggles, confidence, happiness, love, success (with great images).
Feel like you need something to lift your spirits? Life can be a struggle. Whatever you’re struggling with, it helps to hear words of encouragement that remind us that we all take knocks in life, but the best things in life come through persistence.
Whether you’ve just had another setback chasing your dreams, been rejected by someone you care about, faced tragedy, or you’re just feeling drained from the ups and downs of this journey we call life, remember that things can turn around in an instant. All you have to do is keep moving forward, even when it feels like it would be easier to just lay down and give up.
“A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.” – Unknown
“Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is.” – Anne Frank
“In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
“The best revenge is massive success.” – Frank Sinatra
“It is time for us all to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever – the one who recognizes the challenges and does something about it.” – Vince Lombardi
“Press on – nothing can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Perseverance and determination alone are omnipotent.” – Calvin Coolidge
“Often we women are risk averse. I needed the push. Now, more than ever, young women need more seasoned women to provide that encouragement, to take a risk, to go for it. Once a glass ceiling is broken, it stays broken.” – Jennifer Grahnolm
“Get going. Move forward. Aim High. Plan a takeoff. Don’t just sit on the runway and hope someone will come along and push the airplane. It simply won’t happen. Change your attitude and gain some altitude. Believe me, you’ll love it up here.” – Donald Trump
“This too shall pass.” – Persian Sufi Poets
“I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it.” – Audrey Hepburn
“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Hellen Keller
“Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” – Stephen King
“Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.” – Ralph Emerson
“In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” – Tony Robbins
”Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
“Most of us, swimming against the tides of trouble the world knows nothing about, need only a bit of praise or encouragement – and we will make the goal. “ – Jerome Fleishman
“When you get to your wits end, you will find, God lives there. – Unknown
“It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves. “ – Edmund Hillary
“Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known. “ – Garrison Keillor
“He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.“ – Friedrich Nietzsche
“When written in Chinese the word “crisis” is composed of two characters – one represents danger and the other represents opportunity. “ – John F. Kennedy
“Defeat may serve as well as victory to shake the soul and let the glory out. “ – Edwin Markham
“Fortune knocks but once, but misfortune has much more patience. “ – Unknown
“There is in every true woman’s heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity. “ – Washington Irving
“God uses suffering as a whetstone, to make men sharp with. “ -Henry Beecher
“Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something helpless that wants help from us. “ – Rainer Rilke
“If you don’t pay appropriate attention to what has your attention, it will take more of your attention than it deserves.” – David Allen
“The art of living lies less in eliminating our troubles than in growing with them.“ – Bernard Baruch
“If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. “ – Latin Proverb
“God brings men into deep waters, not to drown them, but to cleanse them. “ – John Aughey
“Never regret something that once made you smile.” – Amber Deckers
“It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always. “ – Oprah Winfrey
“Applause is the spur of noble minds, the end and aim of weak ones.“ – Edmund Burke
“Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.“ – Ben Spock
“What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly. “ -Richard Bach
“If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you.You may have a fresh start any moment you choose,for this thing we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down.“ – Mary Pickford
“It doesn’t matter how many say it cannot be done or how many people have tried it before; it’s important to realize that whatever you’re doing, it’s your first attempt at it.“ -Wally Amos
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.“ – Henry Thoreau
“He who refuses to embrace a unique opportunity loses the prize as surely as if he had failed.“ – William James
“Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do.“ – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
“When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” -Franklin D Roosevelt
“If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again. “ -Flavia
“You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality in the mind next to honor “ -Aristotle
“I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.“ -Mother Teresa
“When life knocks you down, try to land on your back. Because if you can look up, you can get up.” – Les Brown
“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength. “ -Corrie Boom
“Life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it“ -Charles Swindoll
“Somehow I can’t believe that there are any heights that can’t be scaled by a man who knows the secrets of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C s. They are curiosity, confidence, courage, and constancy, and the greatest of all is confidence. When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.” -Walt Disney
“Why should you continue going after your dreams? Because seeing the look on the faces of the people who said you couldn’t… will be priceless.” – Kevin Ngo
If you have any words of encouragement to share that aren’t listed above, please feel free to mention them in the comments. Stay inspired!
— Quincy Seale
Words of wisdom that will inspire, motivate, and even make you laugh these quotes will give you a little dose of inspiration and motivation.