Farewell wishes to colleague, goodbye business letter, saying goodbye to job leaving employee, coworker, boss or client.
It can be tricky knowing exactly what to write in a leaving card.
All too often there are the attempts to be funny that are just plain rude or far too many offerings of ‘all the best [insert name here]’ or ‘best wishes’.
Sometimes writing a quote or poem can be a unique touch, here are several ideas that might work well or help inspire your own personal message.
1) It’s sad to see you go, but you did have the best desk and I’ll look after it well
2) I’ve worked with many, many people in my career and I can honestly say that you’ve been one of them
3) This is not goodbye. I will still be watching you outside office hours.
4) Don’t worry – I won’t tell anyone it was you
1) Sorry you’re leaving, may your future be bright and your life full of good things
2) I’ve learned a lot working with you these past years. I know you’ll be successful in your new position. Thank you and farewell
3) I’m seriously going to miss you here. Best of luck in your new endeavor. See you soon
4) I’ve really enjoyed working with you. Good luck at your new job.
5) Wishing you the best in this next phase of your career. Congratulations, and best of luck
6) You can definitely look forward to new opportunities on the path ahead.
1) Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do – Pele
2) A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work – Colin Powell
3) That’s been one of my mantras – focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains – Steve Jobs
4) Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work – Thomas A. Edison
5) Let the beauty of what you love be what you do – Rumi
6) Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life – Confucius
7) We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid – Benjamin Franklin
8) Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work – Aristotle
9) I know of no single formula for success. But over the years I have observed that some attributes of leadership are universal and are often about finding ways of encouraging people to combine their efforts, their talents, their insights, their enthusiasm and their inspiration to work together – Queen Elizabeth II
10) All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today – Pope Paul VI
11) Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it – Henry Ford
1) May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
May the rain fall soft upon your field
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of his hand
2) A (colleague/co-worker) yes..but also a friend
I’ll miss you very much
My email address is [insert]
Please, please let’s keep in touch
3) You leave, oh well, I’ll say farewell
No matter where you are, Au Revoir
‘Til we meet again, Auf Wiedersehn
MORE: Eid Mubarak 2017: Poems, quotes, messages and greetings to wish someone happy Eid
MORE: Summer Solstice quotes and poems for the longest day of the year
Discover ideas about Farewell Wishes For Boss. Best consolidation of 100 Farewell Message to Colleagues After Resignation. Find more at The Quotes Master.
Your colleague is about to go and you want to wish them luck? It is always a good idea to big goodbye to colleagues along with blessings so that they go with a smile on their face and take good memories in their heart.
Colleagues hold a special place in one’s life. They work with you, see you grow and see your struggles. They help you in low and party with you in high-on-life times. Colleagues are the professional friends who are there with you all through your professional life phases. Therefore, it is really important that you big them goodbye by sending our cheerful messages. Because, inside somewhere, even the one who is going is sad to leave and go to a new place.
You can also give them a souvenir which will always remind your colleagues of good times he or she had spent with you.
Below are some of the best goodbye messages for colleagues! Check them out:
Wishing you much joy,
love and happiness
as you embark upon your new career path. Goodbye!
You may leave this place
but your legacy remains as is.
Good luck for future endeavours.
Farewell to you,
although my eyes may not weep and cry
but my heart is crying out loud
to let you go far from us.
Be as you are. Goodbye.
As you decided to move to a better land,
you leave an empty void in our hearts
and this place which shall remember your great personality.
All the best.
You have a long way to go
as the world out there welcomes you
with open arms to take you to newer heights.
Working with you has been a blast
and always cheerful.
Never a dull moment. Goodbye.
Its only a departing handshake.
Although you will be dearly missed
and hope to see you again.
Farewell my friend.
Don’t be sad because you are leaving.
Instead be happy as you take back memories
with you to cherish forever.
All the best.
Its time to say goodbye to the most happening person on the team area
and I’m sure the team will miss you as much as they liked you.
Cheers to our bonding till now. Goodbye.
A big episode of your professional life has ended
and a new one awaits you with warmth and happiness.
You were great during coffee-breaks
and lunch breaks as well.
We will surely miss you.
You embarked on all professional endeavours
with full valor and motivation.
Now is the time to rejoice
and prepare for your next endeavour as you leave us.
You’ve been great.
Working with you was a pleasure.
A great learning experience too.
Good luck and godspeed.
We only part at work but in life
we remain as good friends as we are today.
Happy Life ahead.
You may not be here now
but your attitude and commitment towards work will surely be missed.
We wish this farewell is temporary
and we shall meet soon again.
We wish you great authorship of your new book i.e. your new job.
Write a good one again like this here.
Now that you leave,
I’ll have to actually work for the time
we liked to waste here.
Go where no one has gone
and do what others haven’t done.
You may end up being a better person always.
Accept my best and sincere wishes
as you start a new phase of your career.
To say goodbye to you is so hard
which means I am going to lose
something very important in my life.
Farewell friend and Godspeed.
With you even the late night works seemed so cheering.
You were always our energizer.
Good luck and best wishes for your new phase of life.
I wish each and every one of you
the best of my wishes in all of your future endeavours.
Its difficult to see you go from this office.
In your absence this office is going to be subdued.
Farewell & Goodbye
I am lucky to have worked with you.
I admit I have learnt a lot from you all.
Cheer to our time here.
Keep in touch.
I’ll miss the times we spent here together.
Your employment here
may finish but your presence here will never diminish.
We never had Monday morning blues
because of fun colleagues like you. Goodbye.
Your cabin will remain empty
until another boss arrives
but your place in our hearts will always remain void.
With you gone I’ll have to deal with everyone here
and I shall remember all the pranks we did together with the team.
Thanks for being the friend, mentor,
leader, motivator, colleague like never been before.
You will be surely missed.
With you leaving you leave your cheerful memories with us
and the moments we shared together in our careers. Goodbye.
Hope you liked these heartfelt goodbye messages for colleagues. Feel free to send them to you colleague who is leaving the place and going away. You can use traditional means to send this messages like greeting cards, letters or you can send it on phone using whatsapp, or on web using social media.
Stay connected with us for more!
When leaving a job, you may want to write your coworkers, boss, or employees a farewell message. You may also want to say thank you in your message.
Writing a pleasant goodbye note may encourage others to remember you fondly. Saying goodbye is #8 on the list of 15 things to do before leaving a job.
At the office, the farewell message is usually sent via email when sending the same message to a group of people such as a team or others that you had contact with. When saying goodbye to one person, such as your boss, mentor, or close coworker, you may want to write a handwritten note instead of sending an email. Handwritten notes may feel more personal, and the person is likely to keep it longer than an email.
You don't have to thank or say goodbye to everyone on the list below with a farewell message. Wanting to thank someone on that list, may be what brought you to this post. So I listed others that you may want to write a message to that you may not have considered otherwise.
If you know of someone else that is leaving, you may want to send them a message. If they send you a farewell email, you could reply and write them a farewell message
Below are some suggestions for what types of things to include in your farewell note. They are followed by sections of examples notes written to a boss, employee, and coworkers.
Your note can look like the example that follows. For more information on the layout of a thank-you note, see these 5 easy steps.
Dear [Person's Name],
Your Message (this is the middle section).
Second paragraph (optional).
Third paragraph (optional).
Closing (such as kind regards, thanks again, etc.),
Note: words in [brackets] in the examples below, should be replaced appropriately for your note.
The format of the farewell examples messages will be the same, so only the middle section of the note is included in the examples below when the note has only 1 paragraph. You can add additional paragraphs to any of the samples if you desire. You can also combine wording from different examples into your note.
Note: This section of examples is for when you are sending one email to multiple people. Since its being sent to a group, you will not be thanking anyone for anything specific. Some of the examples will feel generic and simple. These emails are more casual and could be for a boss sending an email to employees or coworkers to coworkers.
I've enjoyed working with all of you. My last day is [Day of Week], [Date]. If you'd like to stay in touch here are my contact details:
List only the contact details you want to provide.
personal email address
Also, feel free to send me your contact details.
I'll be starting a new opportunity next week. My last day here is [Day of Week], [Date].
If you'd like to stay in touch, my email address is [your email address].
Thank you all for being so great to work with it! It's been an honor working with such a dedicated and successful group.
If you haven't heard yet, I've accepted a position at [Company Name]. My last day here is [Day of Week], [Date].
Please feel free to stop by my [desk/cube/office] this week.
You've been the best team I've ever worked with. Working to together on projects has been a delight. I will miss working with you. However, I'm am excited about my new opportunity with [Company Name].
My Facebook page is [link to your Facebook page], and my email address is [your email address].
We've accomplished a lot together as a team. It's been an honor working with each of you. I have enjoyed the camaraderie and consider each of you a friend.
I am excited to move on to a new challenge at [Company Name]. If you want to know more about it, please let me know.
Also, please respond if you'd like to stay in touch, and then we can share personal contact information.
As [Boss's name] announced in the meeting yesterday, my last day is on [date]. I am leaving with a tinge of sadness as I've come to enjoy a friendship with each of you.
You've inspired me to keep learning as much as I can. Now, to keep growing, I feel that moving to a larger company will lead to more opportunities.
Thank you for being a fantastic team!
Let's stay in touch.
You've been a fantastic team for the past two years. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to work with each of you. My last day is on [date]. I am hoping we can squeeze in a team lunch before then.
Also, thank you for listening to all of my cat stories! I am very excited that my next position is at the Humane Society where I can spend plenty of time helping cats.
[Note: In your note, replace the sentence above with whatever you talked about a lot with your coworkers and where your next position is and why you are excited about it]
This could be done in a handwritten note or an email or even an instant message if your company uses Skype or Slack (or another messaging program).
Hello [Person's Name]
I have enjoyed having you on my team during the past few years. I am thankful for all of your contributions to our team. Your work on [project name] was outstanding and provided a great deal of value to the company.
Also, I appreciate your honesty whenever I asked for feedback on my performance. Not everyone was willing to share things with me.
As I start my new opportunity, know that I will miss working with you. Perhaps our paths will cross again in the future. Until then, please keep in touch! My personal emails is [your email address] and my phone number is ###-###-####.
2. Thank you for being a dependable employee. You will be missed. You were terrific and supportive with training new hires. It's going to be hard to replace you.
3. I wish you all the best at your new position. Thank you for everything you did while on my team. Your work on [project name] was top notch. You'll be remembered as one of the good ones!
4. I am sad to see you go! But I am happy for you at the same time. The new position may be precisely what you are looking for. Thank you for always being willing to help out with whatever was needed without complaining.
5. You've been an incredible support to the team and me. Thank you for all of your process improvements. Your legacy will live on here with all the macros and other tools you developed to make everyone's jobs easier. I wish you all the success in your next position.
6. Thank you for your hard work and dedication while you were on my team. [Client name] expressed many times how much they liked having you on their project. They are going to miss you too! Here is my personal email address if you'd like to stay in touch: [your email address].
7. You will be missed! I do hope your new job provides you with what you were looking for as a next career step. Thank you for being awesome.
Hello [Boss's Name],
Thank you for being the best boss I've had so far in my career. You're a wonderful listener, and I felt valued as a team member.
The team events over the years have helped with team bonding. Some people will say they are a waste of time, but they were not to me.
If you want to stay in my personal email is [your email address].
All the best,
Thank you for all the advice you have given me. I appreciate the recommendation you gave to [new company name] on my behalf. I believe it helped me to get the job. I am looking forward to trying out [new career field].
Please stay in touch.
Thank you for sharing your wisdom with me while I worked on your team. You helped me to learn that there are often many ways, not just A or B, to solve problems. I will remember that advice.
I want to stay in touch. What is your personal email address? Mine is [your email address].
4. You’ve been a great manager. I will miss working with you and the team. Perhaps our paths will cross again in the future.
5. It’s been an honor working with you. I will treasure all of the advice you passed on about [job topic]. Whoever you hire to replace me, will be fortunate to learn from you.
6. You were my favorite team lead ever! I will miss chatting with you. Thank you for giving me opportunities to learn and improve my skills in [topic/program]. It's because of you that I was able to accept the manager position at [new company name]. I appreciate all your support in my personal development.
7. Thank you for being a wonderful boss. Your integrity made your team great to be on. I felt inspired to give my best every day. If you want to stay in touch, my email is [your email address]
Note: it can be easy to say Good Luck. There are 100+ ways to say good luck here.
These messages can be sent as a reply to a farewell message. Or if you didn’t receive a farewell note, you can still send the person that is leaving an email, if you desire.
1. I have enjoyed working with you! Good luck at your new position.
2. Thank you for all you taught me about [subject they taught you about]. My knowledge and skills improved because of the time you spent mentoring me. I wish you all the best!
3. Wow! I am excited for you. We had some fun times working together. Good luck at the new job.
4. You'll do great at your new position! Thank you for being a great friend while we worked together.
5. Thank you for everything that you taught me! I enjoyed working with you and wish you all the best in at your new position.
6. I am excited for you and your new position. I hope it works out well for you. Thank you for being an excellent teammate while we worked together.
7. I am going to miss working with you! I appreciate all you taught me about [topic]. You were a great mentor!
1. You were one of my favorite people to work it. I'm so glad we were assigned to the same team. Thank you for being so fun to work with it. I liked discussing programming problems with you and coming up with solutions.
2. Sitting next to you for the past few years has been delightful. I will miss hearing your stories and working on projects with you. You are very good at the position. If you ever decide you want to join me at [company name of new position], I will gladly recommend you. Of course, I better make sure I like working their first! I'll let you know in a few weeks how thing are going.
3. Thank you for all of your support while we worked together. I appreciate all the time you spent mentoring me when I was new. I feel like I learned more from you than anyone else. Your knowledge about [topic] surpasses most others. I'd love to stay in touch. Here is my contact information [and then provide your contact information].
4. I'm so glad we made a connection that day in the cafeteria when you saw my cat shirt. I love talking about cats with you. You may have heard already, but my last day is [Date]. I accepted a new position at [company name]. Would you like to meet for in a few weeks? I should be settled in by then.
5. I will miss working with you! My last day is on Friday. Thank you for all of your help and support during the past year. I hope our friendship will continue once I start the new position. My contact information is: [list your contact info]. Thank you!
6. Thank you for being a reliable source of information about [topic]. As you may know, you became my trusted source during the past year. I appreciate that you were always up to date with the latest information. I am going to miss your expertise. I hope we can stay in touch as friends! My email address is [your email address].
7. I loved working with you. Please know that I will miss you and look forward to meeting for lunch soon. Thank you for being a great friend and coworker!
I hope the examples above helped you to write your farewell message!
Have you ever received a memorable farewell message? Did it include a thank you? What did it say?
When a colleague announces they are resigning, quitting, or moving on to another company, you may wish to write a goodbye card or note to.
Is someone leaving your workplace and you want some farewell wishes for a colleague to write in a card? Need help finding the right words for a goodbye messages to coworkers?
You aren’t alone!
A colleague leaving your workplace is a sad time. We forge strong connections with our coworkers so having to say farewell can be tough. Especially if you were close to them. That’s why when they’re departing you should let them know just how much they meant to you. So in order to help find the right words we’ve put together some of the best farewell wishes for a colleague to help you out.
Writing farewell messages are harder than they might first seem. Saying goodbye is tough. It can be hard to express how you feel to a colleague. They become friends, but because of knowing them through work it can make those relationships that bit different to other people in our lives. So when they leave work you can feel conflicted. They might be moving on to a new job or promotion, maybe even retiring, so your feelings might be mixed. Pleased for them but also sad to see them go. And so if you’re giving them a farewell card or gift then deciding on what to say in your message can be tricky.
So use the farewell colleague messages and quotes below to help inspire you to let a coworker know how much you’ll miss them!
These sample farewell wishes are perfect for saying how much you’re going to miss a colleague that is leaving. Use them in a farewell card, with a gift or even to share on social media.
Sometimes a heartfelt goodbye is the best way to wish a colleague farewell. These messages do just that – saying goodbye when you know you’re going to find it tough.
If you’re colleague is the right type then a funny message poking fun at their leaving could be the ideal choice. Enjoy a final laugh with your coworker and make a joke about their leaving.
Often colleagues have helped us or become a really important part of our lives. These farewell messages go beyond saying goodbye but also thank the colleague leaving for everything they’ve done for you.
Maybe it’s you who have decided to leave or got a promotion, and you want to wish your colleagues goodbye. If so then knowing what to say to those coworkers might be causing you problems. Try some of these examples messages.
Whether you are saying goodbye to a loved one or to a coworker, we've got work great on their own or accompanied by a personal message.