Examples of birthday messages to write for your son or daughter. that passes is a chance for parents to remember the amazing day their child was born.
1.My dear son, happy birthday! I’m blessed to have you as my child. You’re the best son in the world. Love you, dear! Know that, you can always count on me as you’re the most important part of my life. May God turn you into an honest and respected person!
2. For any mother, the best thing is to see her children’s healthy growth. I’m so happy that you’ve successfully completed 10 years of your life. Congratulations dear! May you get all the love and happiness! Be very happy!
3. Today is the most special day for me. I became a mother on this day. Thank you for coming into my life and for fulfilling me. Happy birthday, my prince! I wish every day of your life brings you new reasons to smile.
4. Happy birthday, my lovely son! I’m so thankful to God that he send you as my son. You are the blessings for me and the reason for my happiness. Love you! Enjoy every moment of life!
5. The long-awaited day has come again. Happy birthday, my child! Know that, you’ll always be my first priority and I’ll support you for every good work. May no sorrows ever come to your life! Have a blissful life!
6. A years ago, on this day, an angel came into my life who’ve brought the light of happiness. Happy birthday, my love! May God keep you free from all evils and give you the eternal happiness!
7. Happy birthday, my son! You are my pride, my love, and my everything. Never feel alone in the way of your life because your mom will always be with you in every situation. Many blessings!
8. My little munchkin, happy 5th birthday! Today is yours. So eat a lot of candy, cakes and celebrate the day with your little friends. Enjoy every moment of your childhood because this most beautiful phase of life will never come again.
9. Finally, the long awaited has come. Welcome to the adulthood, my son! This is the stage of life with a lot of responsibilities. I know you’ll be successful in every test of life. Always count on me. All the best for your life!
10. Happy birthday, my beloved son! You are the best son that any parents would like to have. You make us feel proud. May your desires are fulfilled and the happiness be your daily companion!
21st Birthday Quotes And wishes
11. Congratulations my son for entering the new year. Sometimes I think that I must have done something very good in life that God has rewarded me with you. Always be like this happy and cheerful! Good luck!
12. My prince, you were the dream that comes true. I can’t imagine a day without you. My love, you’ll always be at the top place of my heart. Celebrate this day with much joy! Best wishes!
13. Happy birthday, my naughty boy! You’re the loveliest flower in the garden of my heart. I can do anything for your welfare. May God give you patience and make you a mature person! Have a blast on your birthday!
14. My adorable son, my best companion, happy birthday! Your smile gives me the eternal peace, your presence give me the unmeasurable happiness. May God enlighten the way of your life and make you the happiest person! Lots of love and affection for you, my child!
15. My baby boy, happy 1st birthday! I couldn’t understand how 1 year has passed. May God give you many years of healthy life! Many blessings!
16. Today you’ve turned into 20, my son. Congratulations on entering a new phase of life. You may have to face many new challenges and difficulties in life but never break down. You’ll always found me by your side to support you and I’m sure you’ll successfully overcome all the difficulties. Have a wonderful life ahead!
17. Happy 10th birthday, dear! You’re my love and my pride. Thanks for giving me the best 10- years of my life and hope to continue it. Don’t forget to follow the right path and be an honest and virtuous man.
18. Today is one of the most important days of my life. Because on this day God has sent you in my life which is the best gift ever. Happy birthday, my son! May you grow up with dignity and have the strength to remove all the difficulty! My blessings are always with you.
19. My dear son, today you’ve entered the teen phase. Many congratulations to you! You can make this new stage beautiful with your good nature and behavior. Always try to follow the good examples and listen to the good advice. Best wishes to you! Have a memorable 13th birthday!
20. Happy birthday, my superhero! May you have a day full of surprises, blessings, gifts, and warm wishes! Have an enjoyable and adventurous life! Know that, you are always in my prayers.
Happy Birthday Wishes for Son in Law
21. Congratulations my son for completing the twentieth phase. You’re now a grown-up man and I’m so happy to see your success. I wish you much peace, success, and wisdom. Many blessings!
22. Happy birthday, my dear son! Though you’re a man now, for me you’ll always be my little boy. Your smile is priceless to me. I’m so happy that you’ve become a great man with a big heart. May the intelligence, courage, joy, and success never be lack in your life!
23. The most handsome boy, happy birthday! You’re growing up and I want to tell you that, grab the opportunity that life offers you every day. If you ever lose, never break down and fight again for your goal. Always have faith in God, he’ll surely help you in every way. Best wishes!
24. Happy birthday, lovely son! On this special day, I promise you that, I’ll always listen to you, understand you and will try to guide you on the best path. My love and support will never be less. God bless you, my child!
25. Congratulations my son for another year of life! Whatever the situation, I will fight for you and love you forever. May this new year bring even more joy and hopes in your life! Have a lot of fun and enjoy every moment!
26. Happy birthday, my beloved son! I have loved you since you were in my womb. There’s no word that can explain how much love I feel for you. My boy, always respect the elders and love the younger. May you become a noble and ideal man in the future! All the love and blessings for you.
27. My handsome prince, happy birthday! Love yourself and all the people around you. Always be thankful to God because of your existence in this beautiful earth. May you always surrounded by your loved ones and have a wonderful life! Best of luck, cutie!
28. Beloved son, happy birthday! You’ve completed the teenage years and become mature enough. There is more way to go. Remember that, always hold your head high and follow only the honest way. God surely has kept the good thing for your life. Have a blessed life
29. My dear son, today is a happy day because it’s your birthday but I feel bad because for the first time you’re far away from us on this day. Happy birthday! I wish I could hug you tight to congratulate you. May you continue making us feel proud like today! Receive my love, affection, and kisses. Miss you!
30. Congratulations my son, you’re now in the adult phase. Happy 18th birthday! Learn more and try your best to gain your desired success. Never loss patient, courage, and hope and always focus on the goal. I know you’ll surely win. All the best, dear!
Dear son, no matter how much you have grown, for us, you are always going to remain our dearest and smartest baby boy. Wishing you a very.
You're the apple of my eye, son
Happy birthday to the apple of
my eye, the one I adore more
than any other: my dear son!
To the most special person in
my life, now and always, I hope
you have a fantastic birthday
and the very best year ahead,
Only the best for my dearest son
Happy birthday, my dearest son!
I wish you only the best:
lots of love, success and
the richest experiences.
I love you unconditionally,
and that is something that
will never change.
You are a part of me, and
that means a chunk of my
heart will always belong to you.
I’m proud to be your son, mom
I’m proud to be your son, mom!
You’re an incredible mother and human
being, and I wish you only the very best
on your special day this year!
I carried you around for 9 months, son
My dear son, I carried you around in my tummy for 9 long months, so for me, your birthday each year is a celebration of when that finally came to an end!
Each year I grow ever more proud of you, and this year is no different!
Wishing you a wonderful birthday, the best yet! Big kisses to you, my boy!
My son, you truly are second to none
Happy birthday to my dear son
You truly are second to none!
Wishing you all the love and
Happiness possible on your
Special day, and hoping for
All of your dreams and
Aspirations to come true!
Lots of big birthday love
From your loving mom!
Son, you're my little sunshine
Happy birthday, my little sunshine.
You were a beautiful baby, but you
keep getting more and more handsome
as you grow up!
I am so proud of you and what a kind,
gentle young man you’re becoming.
You’re the best son any mother
could ask for!
Have a fantastic birthday my sweet boy,
and enjoy your celebrations!
I love you forever and ever, my son
My son, you’re my greatest achievement in life, and everyday you make me proud to be your mother. Today I wish you a happy birthday and once more I say:
I love you forever and ever!
You fill me with pride, son
My darling son, I want to wish you a very, very happy birthday today!
I know I tell you all the time, but I am so proud of you and everything that you are. You fill me with pride each and every time I look at you. You really are the best gift life could’ve given me.
Enjoy your day, and enjoy being spoiled rotten with lots and lots of gifts today!
You are my proudest achievement, son
Happy birthday to the person who gives me a reason to smile every day!
You are an exemplary human and the perfect son, and you should be so proud of the person you are becoming.
You are my biggest accomplishment, my proudest achievement!
Enjoy your special day, dear, and I’m wishing for only great things for you on this year ahead!
Have a wonderful day, son
Happy birthday, son!
Once you were a tiny baby,
now you are a big boy and
one day I hope you’ll be a
great man. That’s the path
I’ll be glad to see you take,
but nonetheless, wherever
you go, whoever you
become, I will always love
you and be proud of you.
Have a wonderful day!
You are a mini version of me, son
Everybody says it, you’re a mini
version of me, son! I don’t know if
that’s a good or a bad thing, but I
certainly love that people see us
as such similar characters!
I like to think that you inherited all
of the good traits, as I see nothing
but perfection in you. You make me
prouder each and every day.
Keep doing what you’re doing, and
keep developing into the beautiful
person that you are!
Always be happy, my dear boy,
and I hope that you have a
a really great birthday!
Take some time to celebrate, my son
My son, I hope you have a happy birthday!
Take some time to celebrate, but also take
a moment to appreciate all of the good
things you have in your life.
Love you with all my heart!
My dear son, the light of my life
My dear son, the light of my life, I hope that today brings you all the joy and happiness in the world!
It’s your special day, but it’s also a very special day for me too, as it marks another glorious year since your birth and another year that you have brought pure happiness to my life.
Wishing you the best birthday possible, my darling boy!
If it's your son's special day and you need the words to wish him Happy Birthday and on your way to becoming a young man, but you'll always be my baby boy.
Happy Birthday wishes for sons, so you can find the perfect way to congratulate your son and wish him all the best on his birthday! From wishes to quotes to poems, and with images you can post to social media, there is a huge range of greetings and messages to inspire you!
Use the quick-links below to jump to a particular section, or scroll down the page to see the entire collection of Happy Birthday messages and quotes for sons.
SimpleFunnyFrom MomFrom DadHeartfeltReligiousSon-In-LawQuotesPoemsImages
Last updated: April 11, 2019
A collection of simple greetings you could write in a card to your son to wish him a great birthday.
Happy Birthday to our darling boy. May you have a wonderful and fun-filled birthday.
Dear Son, may all your birthday wishes come true!
Birthday wishes to the best son on the planet!
With love and best wishes to the most amazing son in the world. Wishing you a very happy birthday!
Happy Birthday dear son. Stay happy, healthy, and blessed on your special day, and every day of the year. We love you!
May your future shine bright and be full of many good times. Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday to our amazing son, who is growing up to be such an amazing man!
You're such a remarkable young man and you've made us so proud. We hope you have a very happy birthday!
The day you were born was a day to celebrate!
Dear Son, I hope your birthday is as incredible as you!
Best wishes for the best birthday boy!
Birthday greetings to our awesome son, and may all your dreams come true!
Happy Birthday son! Congratulations on another trip around the sun.
Top of page
A collection of funny birthday wishes for sons to bring some laughter and fun to his big day!
You have always wanted us to treat you as an adult, so this birthday we decided to grant your wish. The cleaning and chores are all yours this year. You're welcome!
This year you seem to be exhibiting some signs of actually growing up. It's a miracle! I'm just kidding, and I hope that your year is filled with all sorts of splendidly childish things that captivate you in every way.
Happy Birthday to the King of Sons! From your servants, Mum and Dad.
I smile because you are my son... I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!
Wow, look at you adulting all over the place!
Mothers of little boys work. From son up until son down.
I spent 3 hours searching the internet for the perfect birthday message for you and then I gave up. Happy Birthday.
I don't have birthdays anymore, I level up!
You are only young once, but you can be immature for a lifetime.
~ John Grier
These next birthday jokes are perfect for young/pre-teen sons (and young-at-heart older sons!). They're a fun addition to a birthday card message for a son, and are sure to be re-told endlessly throughout the day!
Q: What did the Buffalo say when his son grew up and left home?
Q: How does NASA organize a birthday party?
A: They planet.
Q: What kind of music is scary for birthday balloons?
A: Pop music!
Q: Why are birthday so good for you?
A: I don't know, but the people who have the most live the longest.
Q: Why did the boy get a pair of bunny ears as a gift?
A: So he could have a hoppy birthday
Q: What goes up and never comes down?
A: Your age!
Q: What do you get every birthday?
Q: Why did the birthday cake go to see the doctor?
A: Because it was feeling crumby.
Q: What do you sing to cows on their birthdays?
A: Happy Birthday to moo...
Q: Why did the teddy bear refuse a slice of birthday cake?
A: He was already stuffed.
Q: Why was the birthday cake so hard?
A: It was a marble cake.
Q: What do you say to a kangaroo on its birthday?
A: Hoppy Birthday.
Q: What sort of birthday cake do ghosts prefer?
A: I Scream Cake.
Q: How did Moby Dick celebrate his birthday?
A: He had a whale of a time.
Q: What does a witch do on her birthday?
A: She spellabrates.
Bacon a cake for your birthday.
Gus who's birthday it is today?!
Top of page
A collection of messages a mother could write to her son to tell him how much she loves him and how special he is to her.
Loving you is my greatest joy, you make it so easy! Happy Birthday dear son.
Happy Birthday to the boy who has taught me more about the world and about myself than anyone else.
Son, I closed my eyes for but a moment and suddenly a man stood where a boy used to be. I may not carry you now in my arms but I will always carry you in my heart. You have given me so many reasons to be proud of the man you have become, but the proudest moment for me is telling others that you are my son. I love you now and forever.
Happy Birthday dear son! Always remember that if at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I taught you in the first place!
Happy Birthday to the boy who brightens my life and warms my heart. I love you dear son!
Be strong out there, my son. Look for the love and kindness in others. Forgive yourself when you make mistakes, and enjoy the journey.
~ Kirsten Wreggitt, Before I Let You Go
There has never been, nor will there ever be, anything quite so special as the love between a mother and a son.
Top of page
A collection of birthday messages a father could write to his son to tell him how much he loves him and how proud he is of him.
Wherever life takes you, I will always be so proud of you. Happy Birthday son!
My love for you has always been free, but it's my pride and trust that you've really earned over the years. I am unbelievably proud of the young man you've turned into.
When you were little, I used to be your hero, but now you've become mine. I can't believe how much you've grown in the last few years. You've become an intelligent, strong, and brave young man whom I look up to.
You have made fatherhood the best experience of my life. I am truly blessed to have a son like you who enriches my life with his endless love and affection. I hope you know that you are truly treasured.
Every father secretly wishes that his son grows taller, and wiser than him. Congratulations - at least you've grown taller! Happy Birthday.
Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example rather than his advice.
~ Charles F. Kettering
Top of page
A birthday is a wonderful opportunity to let your son know just how special he is and how much he means to you. These heart-warming and emotional birthday wishes for sons will help you express the love and admiration you hold for your son, and help put some of those emotions into words.
The day you were born was the most special day of our lives. Happy Birthday dear son!
Time is flying so fast, you've become a great young man, but you'll always be our sweet child in our hearts. Have a wonderful birthday!
Happy Birthday to our biggest joy and our greatest pride! We love you so much.
Celebrate knowing how loved you are, today and always.
Being a parent is never an easy task, but loving a son as precious as you are is never difficult. You bring endless wonder and love into our lives. Happy Birthday!
If you need a shoulder to lean on or a place to rest your burdens know that you can always turn to me. The job of being a parent will always include providing you with a place to call home.
Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and loved more than you know. Happy Birthday dear son!
May you always know my little one that you were wished for, longed for, prayed for and wanted. I love you.
You are loved for the boy you are, the man you will become, and the precious son you will always be.
My son, I wish you the strength to face challenges with confidence, along with the wisdom to choose your battles carefully. I wish you adventure on your journey and may you always stop to help someone along the way. Listen to your heart and take risks carefully. Remember how much you are loved.
Nothing has been the same since you came into my life, and I want you to know I wouldn't have it any other way. I am so grateful that you have changed my life for the better.
Top of page
A collection of Christian religious birthday messages for your son on his birthday to let him know just how treasured he is and to pray for many blessings over him.
Son, you are our greatest blessing. May your birthday and all your tomorrows be blessed with everything good in life.
You are a gift from our Heavenly father - what an awesome creation!
Precious one, so small, so sweet,
Dancing in on angel's feet,
Straight from heaven's brightest star,
What a miracle you truly are.
My son, if your heart is wise, then my heart will be glad indeed.
~ Proverbs 23:15
Behold, sons are a gift from the Lord. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full with them.
~ Psalm 127: 3,5
Listen, my son, to your father's instructions and do not forsake your mother's teaching.
~ Proverbs 1:8
Where ever your journey in life may take you I pray you'll always be safe. Enjoy the ride and never forget your way back home. I'm always here for you.
Though you may blow out your candles, the light of the Lord will always shine on you and his warmth shall be a comfort.
You are truly a gift from God to us. May you enjoy every moment of this special day! Happy Birthday.
May the light of the Lord shine upon you and grant you happiness on this birthday and for many years to come.
Top of page
Simple and funny birthday wishes to write to your son-in-law and let him know you're wishing him well on his birthday.
Being great in-laws is the least we can do for a wonderful son-in-law like you! Happy Birthday!
We were all blessed the day you joined our family. Wishing you a very happy birthday!
May your birthday be as happy as the life you have given our daughter.
You're more than just a son-in-law to us, you're one of us. Happy Birthday!
Thank you for making our daughter feel so loved. We don't know what we would do without you. You're a blessing. Happy Birthday!
We have heard nothing but good words about you... let's keep it that way! Just kidding! Happy Birthday to our favorite son-in-law, we can see why our daughter loves you!
Happy Birthday son in law. You accepted our family despite all our flaws and craziness.... in fact you've fitted in perfectly! We hope you have a great day!
Top of page
Inspiring and funny Happy Birthday quotes to share with your son on his birthday. Great for writing as part of a greeting card message, or for using on social media.
These next birthday wishes for son are inspiring quotes to encourage your son.
Sometimes life can be tough but always remember: so are you, son.
Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~ A. A. Milne
These next son quotes are about coming-of-age and growing up.
It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.
~ E. E. Cummings
Like the changing leaves of fall, my little boy is now a man.
Even though you're growing up, you should never stop having fun.
~ Nina Dobrev
Being male is a matter of birth; being a man is a matter of age; being a gentleman is a matter of choice.
~ Vin Diesel
Small boys become big men through the influence of big men who care about small boys.
When you were a toddler you made me smile. When you were a teenager you made me worry. But now you are a man and my son, I am so proud of you and all your accomplishments!
~ Catherine Pulsifer
Great oaks from little acorns grow.
~ David Everett
These funny quotes and birthday wishes for sons capture the chaos and joy of raising boys!
As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen.
~ Winnie the Pooh
With boys, you always know where you stand. Right in the path of a hurricane.
~ Erma Bombeck
Never put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow.
~ Mark Twain
And these sentimental quotes for sons reflect on the relationship between a parent and their son.
Son, you'll outgrow my lap but never my heart.
You are loved for the boy you are, the man you will become and the son you will always be.
A baby boy arrives, and just like that, everything changes. The world gets bigger, hearts grow fuller, and life means more because he's in it.
Let me love you a little more before you're not little anymore.
These next birthday wishes for sons are quotes that reflect on the role of a parent as they teach and raise their child.
If you would have your son to walk honorably through the world, you must not attempt to clear the stones from his path, but teach him to walk firmly over them - not insist upon leading him by the hand, but let him learn to go alone.
~ Anne Bronte
Giving your son a skill is better than giving him one thousand pieces of gold.
When you teach your son, you teach your son's son.
~ The Talmud
When your son grows up, become his brother.
~ Arabic Proverb
Top of page
Let your son know just how much he means to you with one of these lovely birthday poems. There are also some beautiful Irish blessings which help to put into words the hopes and dreams we hold for our sons as they grow up.
These first poems are short and would work well in a greeting card message as birthday wishes for sons.
I loved you from the very start
You stole my breath, embraced my heart
Our life together has just begun
You're part of me, my little one.
You've been a blessing from the start
I love you son with all my heart.
A little miracle sent from above
A baby boy to cuddle and love.
No joy on Earth brings greater pleasure
than a little boy to love and treasure.
These next poems are longer birthday poems for sons and work well as part of a greeting card message or could be framed as a gift.
To My Son: I sometimes wish...
I sometimes wish you were still small,
Not yet so big and strong and tall,
For when I think of yesterday,
I close my eyes and see you play.
I often miss that little boy,
Who pestered me to buy a toy,
Who filled my days with pure delight,
From early morn to late at night.
We watch our children change and grow,
As seasons come then quickly go,
But our God has a perfect plan,
To shape a boy into a man.
Today my son I'm proud of you,
For all the thoughtful things you do,
I'll love you till my days are done,
And I'm so grateful you're my son.
~ Larry Howland
Why God Made Little Boys
God made the world out of His dreams
Of magic mountains, oceans and streams,
Prairies and plans and wooded land,
Then paused and thought "I need someone to stand
On top of mountains, to conquer the seas,
Explore the plains and climb the trees.
Someone to start out small and to grow,
Sturdy, strong as a tree..." And so,
He created boys, full of spirit and fun,
To explore and conquer, to romp and run.
With dirty faces and banged up chins,
With courageous hearts and boyish grins.
When He had completed the task He'd begun
He surely said "A job well done".
~ Author Unknown
May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be ever at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And the rain fall softly on your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.
A Birthday Blessing
May you live a long life
full of gladness and health,
With a pocket full of gold
As the least of your wealth.
May the dreams you hold dearest
Be those which come true,
And the kindness you spread
Keep returning to you.
Top of page
Inspiring, beautiful, and funny Happy Birthday Son images to share on social media to help celebrate your son's birthday.
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Top of page
Still looking for just the right message for your son? Maye you want a message for a particular birthday year, or an extra funny message? You can find more ideas for the perfect birthday wishes for sons in one of our other birthday wishes articles:
30th B'day40th B'day50th B'day60th B'dayBirthday WishesFunnyImages QuotesWifeHusbandFriendsMomDadSisterBrotherDaughterBible VerseBirthday PrayerBelated
Every day I thank God for giving me an incredible child. I am so proud of you. Best birthday wishes for my son! Son, I am happy to say that I see a little more of me.