Then in grad school I was in a "famous social psychologists" seminar, probably with Marv Shaw, and you (and Christina) were among the guests that term. Congrats on a great career, and more importantly, on a wonderful, fun, humane life.
The enrolment is a very important event for everyone. This day marks the transition from childhood to adulthood. In school we learn to add, to read and write, but also important things about the world.
The school opens the door of knowledge and builds the foundation for the future. The first day at school is a special day and therefore it is celebrated in school and at home. The headmaster welcomes the pupils and made usually a speech about the school life. The parents and relatives congratulate the pupil and give him various gifts.
The enrolment is a special event which occurs only once in a lifetime, so it is usual to congratulate the kids who are starting school wishing them all the best and much of success in school, but also to offer them gifts to mark this occasion.
Usually we make gifts like school supplies: pens, pencils and crayons in a pencil case, teaching aids and books in a bag, a funny lunch box or a toy. But also a greeting card for the first day at school, beautiful words and sweats are nice gifts for starting school.
Education quotes and best wishes for graduation. An investment in education always pays the best interest. This is the start of your next great adventure.
With new academic year starting, sending welcome messages for new academic year is a thoughtful thing to do. Wish children a successful school year by sending motivational wishes for a new school year as they prepare themselves to start a new chapter in their school. Make it an inspiration wish for a new school year 2017 for your kid with these wonderful messages that will keep them motivated to perform better.
Given below is an amazing collection of newest best wishes for new school that will infuse them with new energies to do better in lives.
1. A good beginning makes a big difference… Make sure you begin this academic year with new hopes and positive mindset to make it brighter chapter in your school life full of knowledge and learning… Best wishes as you are all set to go back to school…. All the best!!!
2. A new year gives you a chance to begin new and fresh… it is an opportunity to look ahead and work harder to make it a better and a brighter future…. Wish you lots of luck as you are all set to begin a new year at academics… May you shine bright and happy with your efforts.
3. Beginning makes a lot of difference… so always keep your beginning focused, optimistic and full of dedication… Another fresh year at school is a chance to begin your life fresh, with new goals and new challenges… Best of luck to you and I am sure you will make proud and happy!!!
4. Let us welcome this new year with new energies and new hopes… to experience new things and to learn things you never knew before… May you make the best of this coming year with your hard work and patience… All the best for the new year my child.
5. Last year is the story that has ended…. Coming year is the story which needs your time and attention… Promise yourself to make it an interesting story full of amazing experiences and things to learn… Best wishes to you for this new academic session. May God bless you.
6. You can never win if you have not begun… Prepare yourself to enter the new academic year which awaits you with many opportunities to unfold… May you are blessed with high energies and positive mind to work harder and be successful. All the best to you.
7. Let us celebrate the end of your last academic session to welcome the new one… With a hope that you will have new chances to learn new things and grow in life…. Warm wishes to you on promoting to new level and wish you all the luck to make it a success story. Best of luck!!
8. Life is full of challenges and challenges are full of opportunities to learn… Never get scared from challenges and always welcome the chances to learn new things in life in order to grow and prosper… Wishing you all the very best in this new academic year.
9. Let us make this beginning more beautiful by bowing our heads to thank God for a lovely last year and seek blessings for another great year at school…. I wish you all the luck to get your goals and be a winner like always…. All the best my child!!!
10. Success and failure are a part of life…. Never surrender to failures but keep working hard… another academic year is all set to begin a new chapter… work harder, focus stronger and you will be able to accomplish the impossible…. Best wishes to you on this new beginning.
Such a brilliant student
I wish you the best birthday
And all the luck in your studies.
May you always find time to play
Without forgetting your duties.
You are a great person
And such a brilliant student,
Who is respected by the teachers
And admired by the classmates.
I hope you have all the fun on this day
And may only good things come your way!
Happy birthday to a very special student
I want to wish a happy birthday to a very special student. Students like you make teaching so fulfilling and rewarding. You make me proud to be your teacher. There are no limits for you in life, you will become whatever you wish to become.
I wish you the best of luck in all of your endeavours. Have a great birthday!
You are a dedicated and model student
I am so happy to be celebrating another year of your life, my dear friend and classmate.
You are a dedicated and model student with a straight A record who has helped me in many subjects. All of the teachers, janitors and our classmates adore you, just because of the great and amazing person that you are.
I am so proud to be your friend and to have shared so many great memories and amazing moments with you, both in school and in life outside of school. You really are a remarkable human being.
I hope you have the spectacular birthday that you deserve and that you make many more academic achievements, my dear friend.
You are an exceptional student
Happy birthday! You are an exceptional student, and I am certain you will find success whatever your choices in life may be.
I hope all your dreams come true and that you continue to be the wonderful person that you are!
A seriously hard-working student
Happy birthday to a seriously
Keep going down the path you’re
on and you will be rewarded with
all the success that your
Wishing all the very best to you
on your special day this year!
For a perfect student
For a perfect student.
On your birthday
Many are the gifts
Coming your way.
You have been truly blessed.
Blessed in so many ways,
If we were to count them
We would be at it for days.
Life has but amazing things in store
For someone as special as you.
You are destined for greatness,
Trust me, it's true.
Have an amazing birthday and many more days to come.
You are great, you are the greatest, you are number one!
Be a student in life too
A student is someone who always wants to learn and grow more. Be a student in life too. Have a great birthday!
All of your life will be straight A’s
If you keep working as hard as you do and study for as long as you do, you won’t just get A’s in school, all of your life will be straight A’s.
I wish a great birthday to an equally great student!
The future holds great things for you
The future holds great things for you, dear student. So keep up your hard work and never stop believing in yourself. Good fortune and success are waiting for you further down the road.
May you have a happy and warm birthday!
The best of luck in your academic and personal life
On this special day, I want to wish you the best of luck in your academic and personal life. For a smart and intelligent student like you, the sky is the limit.
I hope you have a fantastic day and a fantastic year to come!
Our View: Best wishes for parents and students on first day of school .. students and teachers the best as they embark on an exciting new school year. "We believe that technology can be used for good and that if we share.
More than 30,000 public school students will head back to class at 26 elementary schools, eight middle schools, six high schools and an alternative school today.
We wish parents, students and teachers the best as they embark on an exciting new school year.
More: Letter: Let's work together to make this an excellent school year
More: Guam DOE: National curriculum doesn't do Guam justice
Remember to be patient when driving in the morning and afternoons. As buses return to the roads, making frequent stops to pick up children, traffic will move more slowly. It's important to keep everyone safe, especially as families get back into the routine of the school schedule.
We'll also have youngsters walking and waiting along the side of the roads - sometimes before dark - so be extra careful when driving. Our community has had far too many tragedies involving pedestrians and motor vehicles. So far, 10 pedestrians have died on our roads. Most streets don't have sidewalks, and children don't always follow the rules of the road when walking to and from bus stops.
Some of our local businesses are getting into the back-to-school spirit by offering to help keep children nourished and safe.
Circle K is providing fresh fruit to children accompanied by a parent between 6 and 9 a.m. on weekdays at all locations except Cabras and Tumon while supplies last.
Last year, the company was able to distribute 6,800 pieces of fruit, and hopes to increase that number this school year.
GTA, which recently provided backpacks for children in conjunction with Catholic Social Service, has launched the “Connect with Kindness” campaign to prevent cyber-bullying.
"We want to provide a platform for our youth to engage in being great by connecting with kindness and inspiring conversations around online safety while promoting a friendlier digital world," said Kamia Dierking, GTA director of marketing and communications. "We believe that technology can be used for good and that if we share and reinforce kindness, it will spread and be passed on.”
There are also a couple of new policies in effect this year. Students are no longer required to have see-through backpacks in public schools, which makes back-to-school supply shopping easier for parents. And all children under 18 are required to attend school until they graduate, or their parents can face penalties.
Read or Share this story: https://www.guampdn.com/story/opinion/editorials/2018/08/13/best-wishes-parents-and-students-first-day-school-our-view/974464002/
GDOE pushes for hands-on science learning Pacific Daily News
Department of Public Works school buses arrive at Adelup on Wednesday, Aug. 16, 2017.(Photo: Rick Cruz/PDN)
Share your feedback to help improve our site experience!
Oct. 4, 2019, 12:08 p.m.
Oct. 2, 2019, 1:35 p.m.
Oct. 1, 2019, 12:16 p.m.
Oct. 2, 2019, 1:12 p.m.
Oct. 3, 2019, 11:24 a.m.
Oct. 1, 2019, 5:34 p.m.
House Notebook by Peggy Bennett. Back-to-school season is here! I hope students, parents and teachers enjoyed their first week back and are.