Find the right words with our selection of condolence messages and quotes. Please accept our heartfelt condolences and we hope that in a.
Writing a sympathy or condolence card can be an awkward, uneasy thing to do and it can be hard trying to come up with the right words for a meaningful message. We’ve done our research by exploring the web, as well as using our contacts and cards here at Funky Pigeon to come up with some ideas for what you can say. Read on to find a selection of sympathy card messages and ideas, from the simple quotes to the heartfelt wishes.
For more ideas and inspiration, view our sympathy cards or why not try and cheer them up with a sympathy gift.
Sad to hear about your loss and I express my sincere sympathy to you and your family. Sad to hear of We hope that you are surrounded in love. Though your.
Dealing with emotions is hard for everyone, sometimes, written words of condolence can describe your feelings better. When someone you care about is grieving, it’s hard to find the right words, here are some comforting words to alleviate sorrow
1. Am deeply saddened by the loss that you and your family have encountered. My condolences.
2. I can’t imagine what you must be feeling right now, but I want you to know that we are just a phone call away. My heartfelt condolences.
3. Please accept my condolences, just know that I am here for you, please don’t hesitate to reach out, especially during this difficult time.
4. My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. May God give you the peace that you seek.
5. May my condolences bring you comfort and may my prayers ease the pain of this loss.
6. A good heart has stopped beating, a good soul ascended to heaven. We part with our beloved grandfather in pain.
7. May our Lord bless and comfort you and your family during this time of grief. Please accept my sincere condolences.
8. We will never forget you. We will pray for him as he prayed for us. May God give him eternal rest.
9. You and your family are in my heart and mind. My condolences on the passing of your father.
10. It’s terrible to hear about your loss and I express my sincere sympathy to you and your family
11. May care and love of those around you provide comfort and peace to get you through the days ahead. My most sincere condolences.
12. I hope that our Lord brings you and your family the much-needed peace during this sad time. My condolences to you and your family.
13. I am honoured and blessed to have known your uncle. He was truly a blessing in my life and I will miss him. My condolences.
14. Prayers and fond memories are what we have to remember our dearly departed. My most heartfelt condolences.
15. I am truly sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. Please accept our condolences and may our prayers help comfort you.
16. I will never forget his kindness. May God give him eternal rest and the family the strength to bear the great pain.
17. I offer you my thoughts, prayers and well-wishes during this dark time in your life.
18. A person that departs from this earth never truly leaves, for they are still alive in our hearts, through us, they live on. My condolences.
19. Your father will be terribly missed. He was loved by all of us and he will be cherished in our memories forever. Our condolences.
20. Flowers and prayers go out for our dear grandfather and great-grandfather that left us too soon.
21. We are deeply saddened by your loss, may our prayers guide his soul to our Heavenly Father. Sincere condolences!
22. We are deeply saddened by the news of John’s passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
23. Mother is the most expensive being on earth. No one and nothing can fill the void created by the loss of our dear mother.
24. May the love and mercy of our Lord be bestowed upon you and your family during this unfortunate time. My most sincere condolences.
25. The good Lord called to her last night our beloved mother and aunt. My God rests her soul in peace.
26. I am deeply saddened by the loss of your brother. He will be truly missed and I will include him in my daily prayers.
27. We pray that the Good Lord to caress the souls of those left desolated after the tragic disappearance. Our condolences.
28. May the soul of the dearly departed rest in peace, may my prayers help guide her on her journey to our Creator.
29. Nobody can understand how hard a separation is… It remains only the eternal memory in our hearts of our dear grandmother.
30. May fond memories of your mother bring you comfort during this hard time in your life. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.
31. When we lose a loved one here on earth, we gain an angel in heaven that watches over us. Our most sincere condolences to you.
32. Sincere condolences to the families grieving the immeasurable loss they suffered. Please accept my condolences.
33. At this difficult time in your life, we pray that God will grant you the peace that you need to get through this. Sincere condolences!
34. Our souls are hardened of pain on hearing of the unfair disappearance, we knew, appreciated and admired! God rest his soul.
35. No one can prepare you for a loss; it comes like a swift wind. But take comfort in knowing that he is now resting in the arms of our Lord.
36. We are deeply pained and words are of no help in expressing the sorrow we feel at this moment. Sincere condolences!
37. Please accept my heartfelt condolences, words cannot begin to express the sadness you are feeling right now, God rest his soul.
38. I cannot even begin to understand what you’re going through right now, but I would like to offer my prayers and condolences.
39. We lost a great friend, but the universe received a new beautiful star. My condolences to you and your family.
40. In this tough time in your life, may our friendship, sympathy and heartfelt condolences bring you comfort.
41. Sent with love and remembrance to get through this tough time. Our most sincere condolences.
42. Hearing about your loss has deeply saddened me, but I know that this is far from what you are going through right now.
43. I am truly sorry to hear about your loss. Your mother was a great woman and she will be truly missed and will always be remembered.
44. Please accept our condolences on the passing of your sister. It was an honour to have known such a great person. Sincere condolences.
45. Remembering you and Louise in our minds and in our hearts. My condolences to you and your family.
46. May her soul rest in peace, I believe that God will accept her with open arms for all the good she has done while she was on this earth.
47. Losing someone we love is nothing easy, we can realize that we are blessed to have been able to share in his life. My condolences.
48. Nothing is more painful in life as the separation of a jewel. God rest his soul. My most sincere condolences.
49. We join our friends with thoughts of comfort in helping them get over the immense void left behind by the loss of their beloved father.
50. His kind face remains forever in our image. You retired quietly, the same way you live in the world of good and righteous.
51. We would like to express our sorrow and condolences to you and your family. She will be a part of our prayers from now on.
52. Wishing you peace to bring comfort and the courage to face the days ahead and loving memories to forever hold in your hearts.
53. Our hearts are filled with sorrow upon hearing the news about your father’s passing. Our most sincere condolences.
54. We were coworkers of Martin. Words cannot express our sorrow. The office won’t be the same without him. Martin will be missed.
55. After the tears have dried and the goodbyes have been said, all we have is happy memories that we’ve shared with our loved ones.
56. I cannot believe you are no longer with us… I have to believe that God has bigger plans for you. Sincere condolences.
57. We are sorry for your loss. Niklas was such a great person, He will live on in our memories forever.
58. I extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family. May the soul of your mother be at peace with our Heavenly Father.
59. I am deeply saddened by the news of your loss. I pray that God will grant you the strength. My most sincere condolences.
60. Remembering her wonderful and gentle soul will forever remain in our hearts. May she rest in peace!
61. Words fall short of expressing my sorrow for your loss.
62. Our hearts go out to you in your time of sorrow.
63. A thought of comfort and condolences to the grieving family.
64. Our collective hearts are heavy with sympathy.
65. Sharing in your sorrow with love and friendship. Our condolences.
66. Thinking of you, at this time of loss.
67. We stand by our uncle, in a time where his beloved wife passed away.
68. When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.
69. No words can describe how sorry I am for your loss.
70. Words fall short of expressing my sorrow. My condolences.
71. I’m always there in your hour of need. May her soul rest in peace.
72. Someone so special can never be forgotten.
73. I will be thinking of you in this moment of pain.
74. We are deeply sorry to hear about the death of “name of deceased”.
75. Remember that we love and care about you.
76. As you grieve know that we are remembering you and honouring the memory of “name of the deceased”.
77. With caring thoughts,
78. With loving memories of “name of deceased”,
79. Sent with love and remembrance,
80. We pray that your heart and soul will find peace and comfort during this difficult time.
81. May the memories of John Doe help you find peace.
82. We don’t know how to heal your pain but wish we could. Our most sincere condolences.
83. May you be comforted by the outpouring of love surrounding you.
84. May your heart and soul find peace and comfort.
85. We will miss “name of deceased”.
86. We share comfort in knowing “name of deceased” is no longer suffering. We send thoughts of sympathy and support to you as you begin your journey without “name of deceased”.
87. Remembering you and “name of deceased” in our minds and in our hearts.
88. With thoughts of peace and courage for you,
89. We send you thoughts of peace and courage.
90. We are very saddened to hear of your loss.
91. My families hearts are with you and your family.
92. Our hearts go out to you in your time of sorrow.
93. “Name of Deceased” will remain in our hearts forever.
94. We pray the love of God enfolds you during your journey through grief.
95. Please accept our most heartfelt sympathies for your loss…our thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.
96. With love and hugs,
97. Words seem inadequate to express the sadness we feel about “name of deceased” death. We are here to support you in your grieving process. With sincere sympathy,
98. “Name of deceased” brought so many gifts to our life. We will never forget him/her!
99. Wishing you peace to bring comfort, courage to face the days ahead and loving memories to forever hold in your hearts.
100. May you be comforted by the outpouring of love surrounding you.
Things To Say To Someone Who Is Depressed
Things To Say To Someone Who Is Dying
Things To Say To Someone With Cancer
Things To Say To Someone Who Lost A Loved One
Weird Things To Say To People To Get Them Really Thinking Hard
Random Things To Say To Anyone Around You
Saying your goodbyes has never been easy.
If you want to send a sympathy card or bring one with you to a funeral place, it’s hard to find word’s that are not a plain and simple ‘our heartfelt condolences’.
Below is a source of inspiration if you struggle to find the appropriate words for your card.
sources: sympathymessageideas.com, quickcondolence.com, condolencemessages.net
Lily Calyx is our in-house flower whisperer, an expert on all things botanical and an enthusiastic orchids collector. She loves discussing the insights of the secret world of flowers, shares her gardening tips and hacks and moons over the latest additions to Serenata Flowers flower range. Ask Lily anything about flowers and we can guarantee she will have the answer.
“I heard about the passing of your husband; I hope you can take some “My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family during this difficult period.
There are many occasions when condolences are needed due to a death. There are also several ways of expressing condolence. You can send flowers, a gift, or a sympathy card. You can also donate money to a charity they supported, write in a condolences book, take food to the family of the deceased, or offer to help them in some other way.
The word "condolence" comes from the Latin "condolere," meaning "to suffer together." Sometimes the dictionary lists the word "pity" as a synonym, but "comfort," "commiseration," "sympathy," and "consolation" are better synonyms. It really means acknowledging a loss, showing sympathy, and empathizing with someone.
It's common to feel at a loss for words when something sad has happened in a friend or family member's life. Hopefully, these condolence examples will help you express how you feel and bring comfort to those in need:
Words seem inadequate to express our sadness over ___.
May the love of those around you help you through the days ahead.
We are deeply sorry to hear about the passing of ___.
___ brought so many gifts to our life. We will never forget ___.
May you take comfort in knowing an angel is watching over you now.
Words cannot even begin to express our sorrow. You are in our prayers.
With deepest sympathy on the recent passing of ___.
We are saddened to hear of your sudden loss.
Our hearts are with you in this time of sorrow.
Please accept our heartfelt condolences on the loss of your loved one.
Words can't express how saddened we are to hear of your loss.
I can't imagine the sadness you must be feeling from your loss.
Words fall short of expressing my sorrow for your loss.
Here are some condolences that are a little more formal and a bit longer:
Hold tight to memories for comfort. Lean on your friends for strength. And always remember how much you're loved.
Although no words can ease the loss you bear, know you're very close in our thoughts and prayers.
May the peace that comes from the memories of your love comfort you now and in the days ahead.
Please accept our heartfelt sympathies for your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.
We share your grief in this time with deep sympathy and condolences.
As you grieve, know we're remembering you and honoring the memory of ___.
In sorrow, we mourn those we've lost. In gratitude, we embrace those around us. In sympathy, we reach out to those who grieve.
It can be helpful to remind the person who's grieving that he or she isn't alone and others will miss their loved one as well. Here are some examples for these situations:
Just know that my arms are wrapped around you during this time of loss.
Their greatest joy was making others happy.
This planet will not be the same without ______.
May the sorrow you feel in your heart be lightened by the love that surrounds you.
If my hug was strong enough to take away your pain, I would start now and never stop.
Feel free to borrow from YourDictionary's collection of sympathy and death and dying quotes.
In the sympathy section, you might consider additions like, "What is lovely never dies," or, "Our souls sit close and silently within." Perhaps such sentiments will soothe your loved one's soul too.
If your friend or family member loves to read, especially the Harry Potter series, maybe you could tailor your condolence message with a simple line like, "Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love."
In times that require condolence, it can feel like walking on eggshells. You want to tend to your tender-hearted loved one while - somehow - finding the right words. The above examples should help you gather your thoughts and soothe the soul a little.
Are you tasked with an even bigger request? Are you speaking at the funeral? This article will help you gather your thoughts and construct a speech that'll be well-received. Even if you're merely attending the funeral in solidarity, there are a few tips in there that will help you arrive with a clear mind and tongue that isn't tied.
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp
Link to this page
Cite this page
"Condolence Examples." YourDictionary. LoveToKnow. examples.yourdictionary.com/condolence-examples.html.
Condolence Examples. (n.d.). In YourDictionary. Retrieved from https://examples.yourdictionary.com/condolence-examples.html
Image result for My Condolences to You and Your Family Male. In the hope of eternal life which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time.