Living Earth Wisdom: 100+ Profound Nature Quotes and Proverbs Poverty is a noose that strangles humility and breeds disrespect for God and man. ― Sioux.
This article contains 35 Scripture Quotes that speak about the Wisdom of God in the Bible. King James Version. Read also: What is Wisdom of God according to Bible?
Table of Contents
With him is wisdom and strength, he hath counsel and understanding (Job 12:13).
O Lord, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches (Ps 104:24).
To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever (Ps 136:5).
Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite (Ps 147:5).
The Lord by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens (Pr 3:19).
Who would not fear thee, O King of nations? for to thee doth it appertain: forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations, and in all their kingdoms, there is none like unto thee (Jr 10:7).
He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion (Jr 10:12).
Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his: And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding (Da 2:20-21).
O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! (Ro 11:33).
To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen (Ro 16:27).
Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence (Eph 1:8).
To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God (Eph 3:10).
Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen (1 Ti 1:17).
And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship (Ex 31:3).
Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee (1 Ki 3:12).
And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore (1 Ki 4:29).
Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great? (2 Chr 1:10).
And thou, Ezra, after the wisdom of thy God, that is in thine hand, set magistrates and judges, which may judge all the people that are beyond the river, all such as know the laws of thy God; and teach ye them that know them not (Ezra 7:25).
For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding (Pr 2:6).
For God giveth to a man that is good in his sight wisdom, and knowledge, and joy: but to the sinner he giveth travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to him that is good before God. This also is vanity and vexation of spirit (Ecc 2:26).
For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist (Lk 21:15).
And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake (Acts 6:10).
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him (Jas 1:5).
And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you (2 Pe 3:15).
And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord (Is 11:2).
And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works? (Mt 13:54).
And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him (Lk 2:40).
The officers answered, Never man spake like this man (Jn 7:46).
But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God (1 Co 1:24).
That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (Col 2:2-3).
Let my cry come near before thee, O Lord: give me understanding according to thy word (Ps 119:169).
If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God (Pr 2:4-5).
And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith (Ecc 1:13).
And I turned myself to behold wisdom, and madness, and folly: for what can the man do that cometh after the king? even that which hath been already done (Ecc 2:12).
I applied mine heart to know, and to search, and to seek out wisdom, and the reason of things, and to know the wickedness of folly, even of foolishness and madness (Ecc 7:25).
Read also: 25 Bible Verses about Thanksgiving and Gratitude.
Â¿You have been useful?[Total: 7 Average: 5]
There is wisdom from people and there is also wisdom from God. The first may be packed with eloquence but less in substance, while the latter may not sound.
With God are wisdom and might; he has counsel and understanding (Job 12:13).
Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, and to turn away from evil is understanding (Job 28:28).
O Lord, how manifold are your works! In wisdom have you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures (Ps 104:24).
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. His praise endures forever! (Ps 111:10).
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction (Pr 1:7).
For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding (Pr 2:6).
Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding (Pr 3:13).
The Lord by wisdom founded the earth; by understanding he established the heavens (Pr 3:19).
Get wisdom; get insight; do not forget, and do not turn away from the words of my mouth (Pr 4:5).
The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom, and whatever you get, get insight (Pr 4:7).
For wisdom is better than jewels, and all that you may desire cannot compare with her (Pr 8:11).
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight (Pr 9:10).
When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom (Pr 11:2).
Then I saw that there is more gain in wisdom than in folly, as there is more gain in light than in darkness (Ecc 2:13).
Wisdom gives strength to the wise man more than ten rulers who are in a city (Ec 7:19).
And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord (Is 11:2).
Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, to whom belong wisdom and might (Da 2:20).
He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding (Da 2:21).
and coming to his hometown he taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished, and said: Where did this man get this wisdom and these mighty works? (Mt 13:54).
And the child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom. And the favor of God was upon him (Lk 2:40).
For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which none of your adversaries will be able to withstand or contradict (Lk 21:15).
Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! (Romans 11:33).
To the only wise God be glory forevermore through Jesus Christ! Amen (Ro 16:27).
But to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God (1 Co 1:24).
For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men (1 Co 1:25).
Yet among the mature we do impart wisdom, although it is not a wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are doomed to pass away. But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory (1 Co 2:6-7).
For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit (1 Co 12:8).
In whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (Col 2:3).
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him (Jas 1:5).
But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere (Jas 3:17).
Our Reader Score[Total: 0 Average: 0]
Below are 33 powerful quotes from the mind of the early Christian theologian and philosopher Augustine of Hippo, also known as Saint Augustine, on topics such as love, beauty, god, sin, time, wisdom, hope, and patience.
1. “The world is a great book, of which they that never stir from home read only a page.”
2. “Beauty grows in you to the extent that love grows, because charity itself is the soul’s beauty.”
3. “Already I had learned from thee that because a thing is eloquently expressed it should not be taken to be as necessarily true; nor because it is uttered with stammering lips should it be supposed false.”
4. “Hear the other side.”
5. “People travel to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering.”
6. “Love, and do what you like.”
7. “God provides the wind, but man must raise the sails.”
8. “This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections.”
9. “As the soul is the life of the body, so God is the life of the soul. As therefore the body perishes when the soul leaves it, so the soul dies when God departs from it.”
10. “What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like.”
11. “The spiritual virtue of a sacrament is like light, — although it passes among the impure, it is not polluted.”
12. “It is no advantage to be near the light if the eyes are closed.”
13. “Wisdom and folly both are like meats that are wholesome and unwholesome, and courtly or simple words are like town-made or rustic vessels — both kinds of food may be served in either kind of dish.”
14. “It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels.”
15. “Love the sinner and hate the sin.”
16. “Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.”
17. “You aspire to great things? Begin with little ones.”
18. “He that is jealous is not in love.”
19. “He who sings prays twice.”
20. “Renouncement: the heroism of mediocrity.”
21. “Anger is a weed; hate is the tree.”
22. “To wisdom belongs the intellectual apprehension of things eternal; to knowledge, the rational apprehension of things temporal.”
23. “For if a thing is not diminished by being shared with others, it is not rightly owned if it is only owned and not shared.”
24. “Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.”
25. “The words printed here are concepts. You must go through the experiences.”
26. “Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.”
27. “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.”
28. “It is no advantage to be near the light if the eyes are closed.”
29. “Hope has two beautiful daughters. Their names are anger and courage; anger at the way things are, and courage to see that they do not remain the way they are.”
30. “Late have I loved you, O Beauty ever ancient and ever new! Late have I loved you! And, behold, you were within me, and I out of myself, and there I searched for you.”
31. “He who is filled with love is filled with God himself.”
32. “Patience is the companion of wisdom.”
33. “What then is time? If no one asks me, I know what it is. If I wish to explain it to him who asks, I do not know.”
Did You Like This Post?
JOIN OVER 402,178 READERS: FACEBOOK • INSTAGRAM • YOUTUBE • TWITTER
Discover in this article which are the best scripture quotes about the Wisdom of God.
Wisdom of God - Learn More!
There is nothing more foolish than an act of wickedness; there is no wisdom equal to that of obeying God. - Albert Barnes. 1. Foolishness.