Weddings are joyous occasions where the bride and groom invite those closest to them to witness their commitment to one another. As a guest of such a special event, it is important to have the right words to say to reflect your gratitude, well wishes, and at times, humor. Whether written in a card or said in person, your words can mean the world to this new couple.
Take a look below at our lists of unique and useful sentiments to share. Be sure you’ll find the perfect wish for your couple to share your hopes and dreams for their future!
Sentiments to express in the Wedding Card
- On this beautiful day, we are honored to see the two of you become one in love. Through the bond of marriage, may you grow ever closer to one another and to the Lord above.
- God gives us wonderful gifts in this life, including those we love and those who love us in return. Today, as you state your marriage vows, I will be joining countless others in prayer for you as your life together truly begins.
- Marriage is more than a wedding ceremony and rings. It is a lifetime of commitment, love, and compassion. If you can master these three things, your home will be forever at peace.
- Some say marriage is 50-50 while others say it is 100-100. Marriage cannot be defined by percentages, but rather through the culmination of two people molding into one. May you be always blessed as you become one.
- Roses are red. Violets are blue. May your marriage be blessed as you are, too!
- Never has it been said that marriage is easy, but it is simple. Simply respect one another, work hard, and eat good food!
- You are a fantastic couple! You have worked hard to be where you are today. May this joyous day be the beginning of many happy years enjoying the fruits of your labor!
- Today, as two families become one through your commitment one another, the heavens will sing songs of praise to the One who brought you together. May your marriage be always blessed.
- I could not have dreamed up better life partners for each of you than you two. You are the perfect balance of determination, compassion, and wit. Best wishes on your special day!
- We are praying today for the most holy of ceremonies, beautiful weather, and warm wishes from all your friends and family.
- As you enter into holy matrimony, remember that your marriage is not just between the two of you but your families, as well. Lean on them for guidance, love, and support. They are the best resources you have available to you. Congratulations!
- Wishing the two of you a lifetime of peace and joy!
- Marriage is like the day’s sky. The sun will shine and yes, at times, there will be storms. Yet no matter what you see, the sun is always waiting to return. Give all things time.
- Marriage, as with all good things, requires patience and determination. Use each day to grow together and to truly express your love. Here’s wishing you many years of happiness!
- Thank you for inviting us to witness your ceremony. We feel so honored to have been remembered and are thankful for the blessings being bestowed upon your lives.
Wishes to Say on the Wedding Day
- Cheers to a beautiful and intelligent bride and her extremely lucky groom!
- May this day bring you love, joy, and lots of gifts!
- If you can’t find my gift, it’s the best one you find without a card! Congratulations!
- Wishing you all the love the Lord has to give on this day and always.
- Marriage is like a load of laundry. Some days might be dirtier than others, but with enough time and dedication, it always comes out sparkling new in the end!
- Many times throughout our lives, we are blessed with love. Love comes in many forms from friendships to relationships. This love you two have has the power to surpass all the negativity the world has to offer and lift you up to reflect His glory. Hear, hear!
- A wise man once said, “Take life one day at a time.” This is my advice to you. Marriage is one step, one day at a time. Most importantly, it is worth the effort you put into it.
- Becoming one flesh and spirit is truly a miracle. Thank you for allowing us all to witness this miracle today!
- Clear skies, warm beaches, and lots of love. These things and more I wish you on your honeymoon and years of marriage!
- Devote yourselves to one another, as well as to your children. A solid family can withstand any struggle and come out even stronger in the end.
- Everyone here would like to say “Thank You!” for inviting us to share in your day. It is quite the honor.
- Finding that one true love is something we all strive to do in our lives. I am so happy for you both that you have completed this task. May you always be blessed with each other.
- Generosity, respect, and humor. These are the ingredients to a happy marriage. Don’t leave any of them out.
- Here’s to a couple that is sure to go the distance in the great race of life!
- In precious moments, God blesses us with exactly what we need. He knew you needed each other and I am excited to see what He does with the rest of your lives. Congratulations!
- Joy is in all of our hearts today as we witness the two of you coming together in marriage. What a happy day!
- Let’s kickoff your marriage with a fun night of dancing and laughter! Here’s to you both!
- Wishing you a lifetime of laughter, love and prosperity! May you grow together, side-by-side, always and forever. Congratulations.
- Congratulations! May your love for God and each other grow more and more with each passing year. God bless you both!
- As you start to build your life together may your love grow forever. May the birds sweet songs awaken you in the morning, may the sun shine down upon you in the afternoon and may the croaking of toads lull you to sleep at night. Congratulations on your wedding day.
- Congratulations on your wedding day! May nothing but happiness and love come through your door and nothing but sunshine and a cool breeze come through your window. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!
- We’re elated to share this special day with you both! Congratulations to you both!
- May your marriage be blessed with an abundance of love and prosperity. Congratulations on your marriage.
With a sense of humor
- Congratulations to Mr. Never-Right and Mrs. Always-Right! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness—as long as you learn to share the remote!
- So… you took the plunge and said ‘I do!’ Congratulations is now in order for this beautiful new team of 2! Well done! Happy wishes to you both.
- Enjoy the journey. It’s such a ride. Bumps and flat tires are guaranteed to be along the way. Lean on each other and laugh a lot. Marriage is the hardest… but at the same time most wonderful gift in the world. Congratulations! Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness.
- May you have a marriage as quirky, funny and passionate as Morticia and Gomez Addams. In the words of Gomez, “When we’re together darling, every night is Halloween.” Congratulations on a lifetime of happiness!
- Congratulations on your wedding day. Build your foundation strong to withstand a hurricane and build it tall to withstand the rough seas. Build it with windows on all sides so that you can see what lies ahead. Fill it with love, laughter, life, and plenty of light—to be seen as far as possible, to show what it is indeed possible. May God grant you a lifetime of many blessings and an abundance of happiness.
- Congratulations to the Newlyweds! Thank you for the free food and drinks!
- Congrats! Now remember to ‘love, honor and.. share the TV remote’!
Congratulations! You two incredible people belong together.
- Congratulations to you both. May your marriage be full of love and laughter. In the words of the great Bill & Ted, “Party on, Dudes!”
- Congratulations! I will now share the secrets to a happy marriage…always remember to laugh, to say ‘I’m sorry’, to say ‘I love you’, to give without any expectations, and to put your dishes in the dishwasher. Best wishes to you both!!
- This road called ‘marriage’ will be full of twists and turns, flat tires, road blocks but turn towards each other instead of away from each other during these tough times. Enjoy the journey. May God bless you with an abundance of joy and happiness.
- Husband and wife. One is always right and the other is always… the husband. Congratulations to the Newlyweds! May you always know how to make each other laugh! That’s the secret to a long and happy marriage—laughter!
- Marriage wishes
- Jerry Maguire’s fabulous line, “I love you…you complete me.” is so perfect for you both. You complete each other. I can’t imagine a more perfect couple. Congratulations. May you have a happy marriage full of laughter and an endless amount of love.
- Marriage is like getting on a roller coaster with a blindfold on. You can’t see what’s coming up next but you are buckled in for the ride with no way of getting off! Congratulations to you both!
- Maw-ridge. Too-wuv is what brings us togeva today. Congwav-ulations to you both.
- Congratulations. Way to think this through. Forever. You know how long that is right? Just kidding. You two incredible people belong together.
- Congratulations on your wedding day. You are both amazing, selfless, beautiful people and it’s truly a blessing God put you together. You are the very definition of love. May the years be kind and full of an abundance of joy.
- Hip Hip Hooray! It’s your wedding day! The food, the fun, the laughs, the love….it’s time to celebrate! Congratulations! Woo-hoo! Cheers! Mazel tov! Felicidades!
- First comes dating, then comes marriage, then comes pushing a baby carriage! May your marriage be a fruitful and happy one.
- Happy Anniversary!
- Congratulations to you both. I guess you didn’t listen to Mel Gibson when he emphasized how important ‘Freedddooommmm!’ was, did you? Your wagons are hitched together for life.
- Congratulations on getting married! Now make sure to make it official by changing your Facebook status.
- Congratulations on your wedding day! May the odds be forever in your favor!
- You did remember to sign the prenup, right? Just kidding. Congratulations to the both of you on your wedding. You were…err…made for each other…at least one can only hope, right?
- First comes love then comes marriage then comes… let’s just work on the marriage part first. Congratulations on taking your first big step at being an adult!
- Happy Day! Congratulations on your very special day. We wish you many happy years together.
- He asked. She said ‘I do!’ and now the time has come for the bells to ring true. Oh joyous wedding day. May you enjoy many happy, fun-filled days together and grow together in love and matrimony. God bless to you both.
- Congratulations on finding someone stupid enough to put up with you for an indefinite length of time. Just kidding. Who wouldn’t want to be married to you?
- Love and marriage. Love and marriage. Go together like jam and peanut butter. This I tell you both sweetly. You can’t have none. You can’t have one. You can’t have one without the other. Congratulations and we wish you many happy years together.
- Congratulations to you both on your very special day. May you always have sun after the rain and more blue skies than gray. Wishing you lots of love and laughter.
- Did you know in the early 1900s it was considered rude to say “Congratulations!”? It was thought that you were implying ‘Congratulations..you FINALLY..got someone to marry you!” Well it’s not the early 1900s and I truly do mean congratulations!
- In the words of Marty McFly, “Far Out!” Congratulations to you on your wedding day!
- Who needs “The Notebook” when we have your loved story to look at?? Congratulations, to the new Mr. and Mrs.
- Just Married! Enjoy this next chapter of your life to the fullest! Best Wishes to you both!
- Now you really are the “King of the World”! Congratulations to you and your stunning bride!
- “Mawage is what brings us togetha today…and wuv, twoo wuv…” Cheers to your beautiful happily ever after.
- Best wishes on your wedding day! Words of wisdom? Contrary to popular belief, don’t ever ‘sleep on it’ or go to bed angry. End the day ALWAYS with an “I love you!”
- Make sure if you’re ever on a sinking ship and she says she’ll never let go, grab your own door. Congratulations on your wedding day!
Congratulations. May you always be in love!
- They say marriage is when a husband’s Bachelor’s degree is taken away and a wife receives her Master’s degree. Congratulations to you both! Now let’s drink to your good health and future wealth!
- Marriage is when you get to annoy that one special person for the rest of your life! Congratulations! May you both enjoy a lifetime of being annoyed!
- So, let’s get the show on the road! Eat, drink, and get you off on this road called marriage!
- Congrats to two of my favorite people. In the words of Michelle Tanner “You got it, dude!”
- Look! It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s a couple of newlyweds on the clouds of wedded bliss! Best Wishes!
- Congratulations! We wish you a lifetime of happiness and a love that rivals that of Romeo & Juliet.
- Your love story puts “The Notebook” to shame! Congratulations you two.
- Congratulations and thank you for the free booze, cake, and of course—who could forget the ‘YMCA’!
- Congratulations from us to you on this very special and memorable occasion. Live, laugh, and love are the three ingredients to a successful and happy marriage.
- I wish you the merriest of marriages and many happy years ahead! Always remember that it’s not about the destination, it’s about the journey. Enjoy the journey.
- In the words of Peter Pan, “all it takes is trust, faith, and a little bit of pixie dust!” Congratulations on the marriage of two wonderful people.
- Words of wisdom for the new bride and groom? Take time for each other. It’s okay to be the first one to say “I’m sorry.” Always say “I love you.” before you go to sleep each night.
- Farewell to your wild and crazy single days! Say ‘Hello!’ to marriage! I won’t ever tell you “I told you so!”. Just kidding. You have a beautiful bride and a ton of love for each other! I wish you nothing but the best.
- The right sentiment can kick off the best of marriages! Be sure and select one that reflects not only your personality, but also that of the couple. Sometimes those sentiments are remembered for years, so make it a good one!
Sweet Wedding Wishes for all!
- May you have millions of happy moments and an eternal love that lasts forever. Best Wishes to the new bride and groom!
- Be spontaneous. Be joyful. Live in each and every moment. Remember that in order for there to be rainbows there has to be rain. May you have infinite patience and love for one another. Best Wishes!
- May you have a lifetime of laughter and love! Best wishes to a beautiful couple!
- Congratulations! May God grant you the patience and love to make it thru the first 5 years and the stamina to withstand the rest!
- Anniversary Wishes, from wedding to employment anniversaries & more!
- Cheers to you and your beloved! May God bless you with a beautiful life ahead!
- Oh happy day! May your marriage bring you much joy and happiness! Love to you both!
- Let’s celebrate! Time to break out the champagne! Cheers to you both!
- I wish you a lifetime of love and laughter. Always remember you can never go wrong with saying ‘I’m sorry” and you can never say “I love you” too much.
- Wishing you much success in your marriage!
Congratulations on your wedding day! May the odds be forever in your favor!
- May you continue to forever be each other’s best friends and soulmates. Much joy and blessings to you!
- Wishing you a wonderful wedding on this magical day!
- Congratulations! You two are two-of-a-kind! Best wishes to you both!
- Congratulations! You went and got yourself hitched! Enjoy your wedding day!
- Congratulations to a beautiful couple! May happiness and love find you wherever you are!
- You two couldn’t be more perfect for one another. Congratulations to the newlyweds!
- Congratulations! Let’s raise a glass to a lifetime of happiness and true love.
- Love is what makes two people sit super close to each other when there’s an entire couch to sit on. Love is what makes people get butterflies in their stomach. True love is what brings two people together in marriage, enjoying a lifetime of happiness.
- Happy day! Cheers to you both. We wish you many blessings, love, and an abundance of luck!
- You are going to have to work everyday on your marriage. It’s going to be some of the hardest work you’ll ever do. It’s also going to be the most rewarding work you’ll ever do. Marriage is a blessing. God bless you both on your wedding day.
- We send our heartfelt wishes to the happy bride and groom! Congratulations you two love birds!
- You had her at ‘Hello’. Congratulations on your beautiful new bride. May you have a sensational wedding day.
- Isn’t it incredible that 2 amazing people such as yourselves were able to find each other in a world of over 2 billion people? Congratulations on finding each other. Cheers to a beautiful wedding day!
- Did you know that you both complete each other? It’s true. Neither of you is the ‘better half’. You are both the ‘better half’ and together you are complete. Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs!
- Two souls who found each other and who now complete each other. God bless and keep you in strength, love, and happiness.
- Congratulations! May you live in love, joy, and harmony! God bless your marriage!
- Many Blessings! We hope your wedding day celebrations are as happy and joyful as your marriage!
You two couldn’t be more perfect for one another. Congratulations to the newlyweds!
Wishes For Engagement
- It is phenomenal to be engaged to the person that you love the most in the world! You are guaranteed eternal happiness! May the promise you share hold jubilance!
- When I found out that you had become engaged, I was overjoyed! I always hope the best for you, and knowing that you have found someone who truly loves you made my heart grow! May the love you give each other consistently be returned!
- May your engagement further improve your lives together! May you love each other more! May all of the plans that you make be followed through!
- May everything in your lives be brought to completion!
- May your engagement be the start of terrific experiences. May every occurrence that you have, together, stand out in your memories!
- Becoming engaged means that you are going on life’s journey with someone! You have a companion through its ups and downs, and all of its glory! I wish you both many adventures that only serve to bring you closer!
- Being engaged is not just a statement among family and friends, it is an action! You are cementing a relationship that is of the utmost importance! I hope that your union is always recognized by others, and more importantly, yourselves!
- Telling someone that you care for him or her is not enough! The object of one’s affection should be showed how dear he or she is to you! A fitting way of doing this is to become engaged! I hope that you tell and show each other how you feel. I hope that it remains visible!
- I wish that your future together is bright! Now that you are engaged, there are endless possibilities before you! May you share all momentous occasions together!
- Best wishes on your engagement! Watching your love for each other grow and culminate into what it is today has been a great pleasure! You are truly meant to be!
You may also like:
Anniversary Wishes, from wedding to employment anniversaries & more
Love Quotes full of meaning Click here for our best birthday wishes.
If you liked what you read, please share it. It really helps us a lot.