“No winter lasts forever, no spring skips its turn“, says a winter quote by Hal Borland, and that in short means good times are coming up. After a.
It is already starting.
Cold weather, snow, bright lights, trees and sweet treats.
It is officially the season to send holiday greetings to your customers and business acquaintances.
As you start writing them, you might run into a tricky problem.
You are saying the same thing over and over and over again, so all of your greetings sound the same.
You want everyone receiving your holiday greetings to feel special. If you write something generic and lacking personality, they’ll just think you sent them the contents of a business holiday greeting template.
How can you avoid this fate? How can you find some more inspiration for creative greetings?
Here’s the good news I have for you: By the time you’ve finished reading this article, you’ll have the words you need to create business holiday greetings that sparkle and bring warmth to the hearts of their readers.
Dos are things you should do. Don’ts are things you should not do.
This is important to know—even the most delicious spices won’t taste good if you use them incorrectly. So, there are a few things you need to know about writing business holiday greetings before I give you those 15 spicy words. Think of this as advice telling you “how to say it” and “how not to say it.”
It is not just the words you choose that will make your message sparkle. As you write your holiday greeting message consider that:
Greeting cards, letters, email—which format choice will best suit your message? The choice is really up to you, but as with all choices each one has advantages and disadvantages.
I’m going to get you started in the right direction, but these aren’t the only words that you can use to add spice to your business holiday greetings. If you’re looking for more try:
FluentU provides real-world videos like business dialogues, interviews, TV clips, news reports and more. Each video comes with interactive subtitles so you never miss a word. Just click any word or phrase and the video will automatically pause to give you a definition.
It’s the perfect way to learn natural English, and it doesn’t even feel like studying. Best of all, you can practice anytime, anywhere on your computer, iOS or Android device.
A blessing is a thing that leads to happiness or helps bring good things to you. A common holiday greeting phrase using the word “blessing” is “seasons’s blessings.”
You may also see the term “to count your blessings,” meaning to stop and take time to be thankful for the good things in your life.
How would you use apply this to a business holiday greeting? Try saying something like, “This time of year compels us to count our blessings—and among them are good customers like you.”
The holiday season is a time of celebration. Celebration occurs when people do enjoyable or special things in honor of the holidays. So instead of just writing, “Happy Holidays,” add your own personal holiday wishes to the phrase and show that you are celebrating this year. You might write something like, “In celebration of the holiday season…”
What do you feel when you appreciate having something? Gratitude. Since you want to send your business associates, clients or customers a holiday greeting, I’m thinking that you appreciate them and want to tell them so.
Do that with a phrase like this, “I would like to express my sincere gratitude for your business over the past year.”
Include the phrase in a sentence like this, “As we at (the name of your company) look back over 2015, we remember with sincere gratitude our friendly and faithful customers. Customers like you.”
You can also use the word “grateful” and write something like, “We are grateful for friendly and faithful customers like you.”
Happiness is the feeling of pleasure and excitement that you have because of your life or general situation. While the holiday season isn’t reserved for happiness, it is a time when people tend to wish people happiness.
Here’s how. You can write, “Everyone here at (the name of your company) sends you best wishes for happiness, health and prosperity throughout 2016.”
Or, you can write, “I hope the New Year brings you health and happiness.”
Here’s yet another option, “We send our warmest wishes for health and happiness.”
The state of being free from illness is health. Wishing people health during the holiday season is common and often goes with the word “happiness.”
Just take a look at the sentences under “happiness” to see how often the two words are used together.
If you want to say something a bit different try this, “We wish you the gifts of love, friendship and good health.”
What is the word for feelings of great happiness? Joy.
Spread wishes of joy by spicing up your business holiday greetings with a phrase like “small daily joys.” All you have to do is add it to your wish for a year of health and happiness.
You can also use the word joy to talk about the season, “May the beauty and joys of the season stay with you during the whole year.”
The opposite of war is peace. Partner this word with “happiness” as in “Wishing you a new year of peace and happiness.”
You can also use this word in a greeting like this, “Wishing you the gifts of the season—Peace, Joy and Hope.
When you have a feeling of happiness, enjoyment, or satisfaction you are feeling pleasure.
Try spicing up this sentence that I already gave you: “This Holiday Season we wish to extend our warmest greetings and best wishes for a New Year full of happiness and health.”
Here’s my recommendation for using the word “pleasure” in this sentence: “It’s our pleasure this Holiday Season to extend our warmest greetings and best wishes for a New Year full of happiness and health.”
Ahh, prosperity. Something that many people strive for. Oh, let me back up. What’s prosperity? It’s what you have when you’re successful, usually because you’ve made lots of money.
These are business greetings after all, so it’s common to wish people prosperity.
Use this word in a phrase like this: “May your year be filled with happiness, health, and prosperity.”
You can also wish that people “have aprosperous new year.“
When you show that you are happy about something, you are rejoicing. You are celebrating job.
Open your greeting with a phrase like, “As we rejoice in the magic of the holiday season…”
Then follow that happy idea with your personal message.
Remembrance is the act of thinking back about a person, thing or event. How can you use this in your holiday greetings?
Well, you can use another form of the word and say, “Remembering you this holiday season.”
While you might think of spring, summer, autumn and winter when you hear this word, English speakers also use it to talk about particular periods of time during the year in general. You know, like football season, baseball season or beach season. Well, as you’ve seen, we often talk about the holiday season as well.
You can use this word in phrases like:
“All the best of the season.”
“Compliments of the season.”
“Magic of the holiday season.”
“Wishes for a joyous season.”
“Have a wonderful holiday season.”
Just take your pick!
Serenity is a feeling of calm and peacefulness.
Add this word to wishes of joy and health by writing, “We’re wishing you joy, health and serenity this holiday season.”
A person achieves success when they meet their goals. The goal may be to obtain wealth, respect or fame. You can also achieve personal success and professional success that is measured by something important to you personally.
Wishing your business acquaintances success is similar to wishing them prosperity.
Vary your holiday greeting by sending wishes of continued success.
Write something similar to this, “Wishing you a season of joy and continued success in 2016.”
In holiday greetings, English people use the word “wishes” or some form of it to say that we want whatever follows the word to happen to the person to whom we are writing.
For example, you can write, “wishes for a joyous season,” “wishing you happiness and health,” “wishing you continuing success” or anything similarly positive. What do you wish for your business acquaintances? Just put it after the word “wish.”
Those are the 15 words we have for you this year.
Good luck writing your own holiday greetings!
Here’s wishing you a happy holiday season and continued success with your English language learning in 2016.
If you liked this post, something tells me that you'll love FluentU, the best way to learn English with real-world videos.
Experience English immersion online!
First Day of Spring Quotes and Saying with Images. Funny Happy Spring Quotes that are short and inspirational to welcome silent spring this.
Birthday wishes are the best ways of telling that special someone that they are important and they should never forget that day. Finding the perfect message, however, can prove rather difficult especially if the person celebrating the birthday is a colleague or an acquaintance. In order to make things easier, we have put together a list of 45 birthday wishes, quotes & messages that you can share without sounding like a cliché. It is our hope that you like these quotes and can tell us through the comments and get to share them with others who may need the perfect happy birthday quotes.
1. “We age not by years, but by stories.”
2. “Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.”
3. “Life should not only be lived, it should be celebrated.”
4. “Well done for being born many years ago.”
5. “Someone I love was born today.”
6. “Happy Birthday. May each and every moment of your special day be filled with the same joy and happiness you bring to others.”
7. “How cool is it that the same God, who created mountains, and oceans, and galaxies, looked at you and thought the world needed one of you too?”
8. “Everything in this world has a limit, but my love for you is limitless. Happy birthday!.”
9. “Live your life and forget your age.”
10. “It is scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer.”
11. “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
12. “I was going to send you something hot and sexy for your birthday BUT the postman told me to take the stamp off my ass and get the fuck out of the postbox…”
13. “We should start referring to ‘age’ as ‘levels’, so when you’re LVL 80 it sounds more badass than just being an old person.”
14. “Someone I love was born today!”
15. “I don’t care what people think of me. At least mosquitoes find me attractive.”
16. “Happy birthday. You’re not old. You’re classic.”
17. “Sorry to hear you got old.”
18. “Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis.Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed that as you get older your balls get smaller?.”
19. “And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.”
20. “Happy birthday to the love of my life and the biggest pain in my ass.”
21. “The older you get the better you get unless you’re a banana.”
22. “Happy birthday to my favorite human.”
23. “Do not regret growing older. It’s a privilege denied to many.”
24. “I hope we’re friends until we die. And then I hope we stay ghost friends and walk through walls and scare the shit out of people.”
25. “Birthday come around every year, but friends like you only come once in a lifetime. I’m so glad you came into my life. Best wishes on your special day.”
26. “Happy Birthday. May each and every moment of your special day be filled with the same joy and happiness you bring to others.”
27. “Look, I’m not saying that you’re old. But if you were milk, I’d shiff you first…”
28. “I’m so frickin’ happy you were born.”
29. “Don’t worry about getting older. You’re still gonna do dumb stuff, only slower.”
30. “How old am I? If I was a bottle of fine wine, you couldn’t afford me and if I was a bottle of whiskey, you couldn’t handle me!.”
31. “I am another year older, wiser, and more grateful.”
32. “Every Year. Every year that I’m with you. Has been better than before; It’s hard for me to even think. How I could love you more. Every year you’re graced my life. Has been full of happiness; I love your caring face, your voice, Your tender, sweet caress. Every year when this day comes, I’m filled with love and pleasure; Happy Anniversary, Love, My joy, my delight, my treasure.”
33. “You are the greatest from god. I have no wish other than to have you for the rest of my life. Happy Birthday!”
34. ” The great thing about getting older is that you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been.”
35. “A birthday wish is sent your way hoping you’ll have a wonderful day. Surrounded by people you hold most dear, gathered to celebrate one more year. A happy day is wished for you, I hope it lasts the whole year through!.”
36. “Today you have added another candle of knowledge and wisdom to your life.”
– Debasish mridha-
37. “Every day with you is special, but today is extra special because it’s your day, my sweetheart. With all my love and kisses, just for you!.”
40. “It takes a long time to grow young.”
– Pablo Picasso –
41. ” Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”
– Mark Twain-
42. “A true friend remembers your Birthday without Facebook reminder.”
– Occasion Cheers-
43. “It’s the perfect time to give a good start to another year. It’s the time to feel good about everything. may you get everything, you wish with every passing year.”
44. “Happy birthday my dear friend. May the bright colours paint your life and you be happy forever. Stay blessed.”
45. “A new chapter of life for you, begins today. Say goodbye to your past and for the future, pave the way. Full of happy anecdotes, let a new story unfold. Smile, laugh, share and cry…Be carefree and bold. ”
Spring is nature's way of reminding us that every day is worthy of celebration.
1) "Hello Spring."
Pretty much the best greeting imaginable after a long, cold winter.
(via Quote Essays)
2) "No winter lasts forever. No spring skips its turn."
We'd feel completely cheated if it weren't for you, spring!
(via Picture Quotes)
3)"Spring is nature's way of saying let's party." -- Robin Williams
Oh man, we miss him.
(Via Mom it Forward)
4) "Spring breathes new life into the world around us."
Take a deep. Smell that? It's spring being awesome.
5)"Springtime is the land awakening. The March winds are the morning yawn."
-- Lewis Grizzard
This is one alarm we don't mind setting.
6) "In springtime, love is carried on the breeze. Watch out for flying passion and kisses whizzing by your head." -- Emma Racine Defleur
You had us at flying passion!
(via Curated Quotes)
7)"Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush."
-- Doug Larson
Focusing on the positive -- we dig!
(via Quotes Everyday)
8)Keep Calm. Spring is Coming.
In like a lion, out like a lamb.
(via Live Fit and Be Happy)
9) "In spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt."
-- Margaret Atwood
If smelling like dirt is wrong, we don't want to be right.
(via Root & Plume)
10)Live in the sunshine. Swim the sea. Drink the wild air.
Pretty sure we have our new spring mantra.
(via Img Buddy)
Explore 577 Spring Quotes by authors including Abraham Lincoln, Albert Camus, and Rumi at BrainyQuote.
dyzfzd, jna2ojk, mx3e, uwjkj, kpq, 3cv, nof8i8z, qcdpy, 2m, gwh, ufwnnj,
It's almost here, you guys, our salvation — the first day of spring is March 20. It probably still seems like winter, considering most of us are still.