Offer genuine, heartfelt baby shower wishes to the new mother and baby. Few things in . Your baby is going to be special like his/her parents.
What to write in your baby congratulations cards: Here are sample wordings for you. I have compiled numerous new baby wishes, cute sayings, poems and rhymes for this joyful occasion! Express your happiness to the new family and choose from over 60 sample messages.
Do you want it funny? - You get it!
Do you prefer meaningful thoughts? - Not a problem either.
Do you need ideas for 2nd or 3rd babies, for twins, triplets, multiples? - Just scroll further down.
Find more than 60 alternatives on what to write in a baby card!
Here are guidelines on how to start and end your card.
The sample sentences for the main part may be mixed and combined as per your personal liking and as per the best fit.
- to baby: Dear Lisa / Dear Jaden,
- to the couple / parents (familiar): Dear Mary and Robert
- to the couple / parents (not so familiar): Dear Mr. and Mrs. Jones
- to the complete family : Dear Jones Family.
After nine months of waiting, your newborn baby (girl / boy) is finally here. That calls for many hoorays and a loud, big cheer! May baby's life always be full of love, joy and laughter and may you all live happily ever after!
New life, new experiences, new thrills. Congratulations on your new bundle of joy.
May your child be blessed and cradled with love and joy. All the best on the newest addition to your family.
A new little love has stepped into your life. You'll learn the joy a new daughter / son / baby brings, you'll fill your home with baby things - this little girl / boy / baby, so small and sweet, will make your family life complete! Congratulations on your baby girl / baby boy!
For all the joy and smiles they bring, a new child is worth everything. Congratulations on your new arrival!
Congratulations and a very warm welcome to (name of baby). May his / her life be blessed with good health, love and laughter.
Congrats on the arrival of your beautiful baby girl / baby boy!
Warm wishes on your new baby girl / baby boy. I am / we are so happy for you! If you ever need a helping hand I am / we are here for you.
Babies are wonders, babies are fun, congratulations on your new little one!
Welcome baby (name of baby) and congrats to Mom and Dad! Wishing you all a lifetime of love, health, laughter and happiness together.
Welcome to the world, (baby's name)! I / we can't wait to meet you.
Wishing you lots of happiness with your little one!
Best wishes on your dearest new arrival. We hope you are all doing well. Enjoy every moment with your precious little one!
A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
It's the little things that bring us the greatest joy! Congratulations on your peanut!
50% mommy, 50% daddy, 100% baby (or baby's name)! Best wishes on the arrival of your newborn daughter / son.
Congratulations on this happy occasion. I am / we are so pleased to hear you and the baby are doing fine. Enjoy your time together!
Parenthood is a wild ride full of love, laughter, questions, anxiety, learning, excitement, craziness, hugs, kisses and much more. Congrats on your baby girl / baby boy!
Baby (name of baby) has chosen you to be her/his mommy and daddy. I think she/he has made a very good choice. Congrats and all the best for your new family!
Along came this little miracle and no day will ever be ordinary again!
With a baby come toys and a whole world of joys, and all kinds of fun things to do. With a baby comes laughter and love ever after, with a baby sweet dreams all come true! Congratulations on the birth of (baby's name)!
Wishing you and your baby a world of happiness.
A cradle full of best wished for your new born baby girl / baby boy!
A baby's first step is ... into your heart! All the best for your new family, and congrats on your sweet little girl / cute little boy.
Congratulations you have been blessed with a child! Wishing you many happy moments with your little one.
A little baby girl / baby boy. Get ready for lots of laughter and noise, big hugs and so many joys. All the best!
A new baby! Happiness and laughter are coming your way! With tickles and giggles and lots of smiling days!
How wonderful it is to hear about your new arrival. Congratulations to you and the lucky little one!
So many dreams, so many wishes. So many hopes, so many questions. Such happy feelings, such a small human being. Welcome to life, little prince / little princess!
A daughter / a son is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give. Congratulations on your little darling / little angel!
This is such wonderful news that your baby girl / baby boy / baby's name has arrived happy and healthy. May you find parenthood a breeze and always be able to look back with fond memories.
Nothing brings home so much love, as a brand new baby sent from above. Congrats on your new bundle of blessing.
Wishing you a wonderful new world of happiness to share with your baby / baby's name / baby girl / baby boy.
Your little baby-girl / -boy is great news. Wishing you and the little one all the best, may he / she bring abundant love and joy to your home.
Booties and blankets and lots of little toys, a baby is one of life's loveliest joys!
Best wishes to the proud parents - you have a new bundle of joy who I am / we are sure you'll thoroughly enjoy!
May this little one be the sun to your shine, sweet to your heart, cup to your cake, ice to your cream, sun to your rise, heart to your beat and everything else you can possibly imagine!
There are two gifts we should give to our children: one is roots, the other is wings. Congratulations on your new arrival, may you always find a way to give your child both enough roots and wings!
No joy on earth brings greater treasure than a baby to love and treasure! May her/his life be filled with love and laughter.
congratulations on your little treasure
cite a grandma or grandbaby quote in your baby congratulations card to your granddaughter or grandson.
Being a parent means, learning to sleep with a foot, or even two, in your face!
Baby is cute. Mommy is cute. Daddy is lucky...
Now as you travel down the road of life, remember...
... the stroller, the diapers, the formula, the toys, the bottles, the pacifier, the blanket...
Not all treasure is silver and gold... Best wishes on your 'personal new treasure' and little darling!
"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do" (Matt Walsh). Congrats on your new arrival and good luck with transitioning from theory to practical experience!
Being a mother is the highest paid job in the world since the payment is in pure love!
"Ah, I feel so rested and did not have to worry about anything at all today". Said no mom ever...
You have been getting on your mom's nerves for nine months. Now it's daddy's turn!
Good moms have sticky floors, dirty ovens and happy babies! So take it easy, be calm and mommy on!
Just wondering: if olive oil is made of olives, what is baby oil made of?
No one can imagine life having their own children. But when they are born no one can imagine life without them.
Keep calm and diaper on.
Heard your home has grown by 2 feet!
Congratulations on your new baby girl / boy! From now on, follow this bedtime routine: read her / him a story, tuck her / him in tight, say a sweet prayer and kiss her / him goodnight!
Hurrah, it's a girl / boy! Parenthood is one of the best journeys in life. So buckle up and enjoy the ride!
Love, joy, baby puke and smelly diapers... Don't panic, it's only a baby!
A little one has joined you both, how happy you must be... It was great when there were two of you, but even better now there's three!
You could have bought a few Porsches or could have traveled the world for a couple of years. But you have chosen sleepless nights, Lego in the living room, parent-teacher conferences and puberty instead. From now on you will be parents - and we think you took the right decision!
For baby girl: May your little newborn girl play with fairies, grow angel wings, braid the hair of a mermaid, fly to the moon and ride a unicorn.
For baby boy: You've got male!
For baby boy: a brand new baby boy to fill your hearts with love and joy!
If you are a mother yourself: Motherhood is a wonderful, rewarding, messy, noisy and sometimes crazy experience... Every day will be a new adventure, enjoy the ride - it's all worth it!
Cite baby quotes or baby poems in your card!
___ (name of first baby) is so darn cute, so you have decided to make another! Congratulations on the birth of your new baby girl ___/ baby boy ___ (add name). We are thrilled for the four of you.
Two different children (babies), two different experiences, but one love that you'll share! All the best with your newest, little family addition.
We heard ___ (name of first child) has been promoted to big brother / big sister! Best wishes to her / him and to the proud parents for being able to experience parenthood for the second time!
We are thrilled your family has grown by another member and happy to hear you are all doing well! Congratulations on the birth of your second daughter (alternatively second boy, new baby daughter, new baby boy) and all the best.
- for a 3rd baby simply adjust these 2nd baby wishes -
These wishes and baby bible verses are especially suited when you are writing a religious congratulations card or a baby baptism / Christening card: sample sentences for Christian newborn congratulations cards.
- Best, - Best wishes, - Yours truly, - Love always, - All our love, - All the best, - God bless, - Blessings to you, - Hugs and kisses, - Lots of love, - So thrilled, - Your friend, - With love to you and your family, - Hugs and cuddles to you and your little one, - XOXO
- Alternatively simply skip a line and sign with your name.
- For more formal cards use: Yours sincerely or - Kind regards
Again, this depends on how well you know the recipients and again, there are several posibilities:
- to baby: Baby Emma / Baby Dylan / Baby Smith
- to the couple / parents (familiar): Kathy and Jeff
- to the couple / parents (not so familiar): Mr. and Mrs. Smith / New Parents
- to the complete family : Smith Family
Sample congrats messages for adopted babies
Having twins, triplets and multiples calls for something special! I have created an extra page for these occasions: you will find lots of beautiful wordings for your twin baby congratulation cards here.
Going to a baby shower?
Messages for baby shower cards.
All kinds of baby quotes, parenthood quotes, mom quotes, etc. to add to your new baby congratulations cards.
Return to New Baby Wishes
Amazing new born baby wishes & messages to congratulate the parents May your precious new born baby brings a happiness to the world and special joy to.
If you know someone who just had a baby, chances are they’re living in a cocoon of (sleep-deprived) bliss. As for you? You’re working on giving them a card with a heartfelt message that shows just how excited you are for them in this moment. But where to begin with your new baby wishes?
Naturally, it depends partly on how close you are to the parent in question: Is he or she a sibling, a close friend, a distant relative or a work colleague? Do you have a more formal relationship with this person, or is this someone you always laugh with? There’s no wrong thing to write, but your relationship will most likely dictate just how emotional (or cheeky) you want to get with your wishes for baby. But no matter what, you want to keep it sweet—it’s such a happy time! “Congratulations on your new baby” is a strong start, and we’ll help you take it from there.
New baby sentiments in this article:
It’s a girl! If you’re looking for new baby wishes to send to the parents of a baby girl, you can never go wrong with a heartfelt note—but why not try something playful, punchy and empowering?
Examples of wishes for baby girl:
• Who runs the world? Your little girl! (Soon enough, my friend, soon enough!) Thanks for bringing another boss lady into the world. XO
• Missing your sleep? Just wait ’til the sleepovers start. (I know you can’t wait!) Congrats, you two!
• It takes a Wonder Woman to create one. Congratulations on your new little bundle of girl power!
• Two against one! (Sorry, [dad’s name].) Congratulations on your little girl—we can’t wait to meet her!
• [Baby’s name] is going to inherit the best closet. Congratulations on your baby girl, mama!
• Are there three words better than “daddy’s little girl?” Didn’t think so. Congrats on yours.
This one’s for the boys! Looking for a message that’s straightforward and sincere? We’ve got you. Rather go a bit goofy? We’ve got ones for that too! You really can’t go wrong either way, especially if you customize it with a little of your own flair.
Examples of wishes for baby boy:
• Boy, oh, boy! We can’t wait to meet your little dude. Congratulations!
• Because the world needed another heartbreaker. ;-) Congratulations on your little boy!
• Your little boy has the coolest parents in town, hands down. Congratulations to you both!
• Life’s full of surprises with a little boy—just remember to duck. Congrats!
• If he’s half as handsome as his dad and a quarter as kind as his mom, you two will have a real winner on your hands. Congratulations on your baby boy!
• Boys: Because we all want a little more mud in the house. (Call me; I’ll come with soap.) Love you—congratulations!
Of course, just because you now know the baby’s gender doesn’t mean you have to focus on it in your new baby wishes. When sending wishes for a new mom and baby, or new baby born wishes to a father, some sentiments never go out of style, like a hope for health and happiness—and a need to meet the new baby, ASAP!
Examples of gender-neutral wishes for baby:
• Wishing you and your little boy/girl health, love and happiness. Congratulations!
• Welcome to the world, baby boy/girl! We’re so happy to have you here.
• I couldn’t be more stoked for you both! Congratulations on what will surely be the greatest baby of all time.
• But have you secured his/her social handles yet? ([Baby’s name] needs an Instagram account, stat!) Congratulations on the cuteness—I can’t wait to see all the pics!
• He/she couldn’t be any luckier than to have you two as parents. Congratulations!
• Tired yet? Text me! I’m more than happy to be on babysitting duty. Love you!
• Sleeping like a baby? Not anymore! (Totally worth it, right?) Congratulations on your baby boy/girl!
• We’ll miss you at Sunday brunch! (Kidding!) We can’t wait to meet [baby’s name]. Love you.
• There’s no place like home—especially yours. [Baby’s name] is the luckiest.
Guess what? Parents aren’t the only ones thrilled with their new arrival. Grandparents will be just as excited about the expansion to their family, because let’s face it: They’ve probably been waiting for this day for more than a minute and are ready to start spoiling that grandchild.
Examples of grandparents wishes for baby:
• We’re so thrilled to hear about the birth of your grandchild! Congratulations to you and your entire family.
• We know—he/she looks just like you, right? (Wink!) Can’t wait to meet little [baby’s name]!
• The best thing about grandchildren? You can recycle those stories you’ve been telling for years, and they’ll sound brand new! Congrats, [names here]!
• It’s like parenthood, round two, right? (At least you can give this one back.) Love you—congrats!
• That little boy/girl just won the grandparent lottery. Congratulations on the newest addition to your family!
• Finally, a reason to start posting on Facebook! Congratulations on your new grandchild—we can’t wait to see the pics!
Not really a wordsmith? Don’t fret. Thankfully, those who came before you have said some pretty on-the-nose—and just plain poetic—things about the newborn and parenting process. Here are a few of our favorites than you can include in a card.
Examples of new baby quotes:
• “Making the decision to have a child—it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.” —Elizabeth Stone
• “Every child begins the world again.” —Henry David Thoreau
• “A new baby is like the beginning of all things—wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities." —Eda J. Le Shan
• “It sometimes happens, even in the best of families, that a baby is born. This is not necessarily cause for alarm. The important thing is to keep your wits about you and borrow some money.” —Elinor Goulding Smith
• “If your baby is beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time, you’re the grandma.” —Theresa Bloomingdale
• “The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.” —Johnny Depp
• “Having kids—the responsibility of rearing good, kind, ethical, responsible human beings—is the biggest job anyone can embark on.” —Maria Shriver
• For the couple who adopted: “[He’s] definitely all mine. Little souls find their way to you whether they’re from your womb or someone else’s.” —Sheryl Crow
Every beautiful letter must come to an end, which is why we’ve included not only our favorite opening lines, but also the best closers. From the classic (“Love,”) to the slightly tongue-in-cheek (“You’ve got this!”), check out these sweet closing lines. (And hold onto them for other special occasions, like baby showers!)
Examples closings for baby wishes:
Sending new baby wishes with a beautiful bouquet of flowers is a wonderful gift to give; welcoming a child to the world and congratulating the parents on the new addition to their family.
Thinking of what to write on the message card that accompanies the new baby flowers however can be a bit tricky, a simple “congratulations” might not seem enough, so to help and inspire you we have compiled a list of some of our favourite new baby wishes. Feel free to pick the one you like the most and use that, or use the list as inspiration for your own.
New baby wishes - message ideas to inspire you
Messages for when a new baby arrives into the world, sent with flowers make wonderful gifts. If you know someone who is feeling over the moon with excitment at home or in hospital, sending them a bright bouquet of flowers to can work wonders. Our most popular new baby gifts are our brilliant gift sets, which can either have a bear, balloon or chocs.
Knowing what to write on card messages to accompany a gift can be challenging, but we are here to help. When someone has been through something as exciting as bringing a new baby into the world the message that goes along with the gift has to be perfect! The message will be the thing that will outlast the gift. We hope that one of our new baby card messages inspire you to write the perfect message.
in celebrating your birthday and the birth of your precious child. —. Celebrate Another year, another accomplishment – the very special birth of your new baby.
A baby shower serves as a pleasant diversion from all the craziness and a fun time for the guest of honor to show off her ever adorable baby bump. This is also the perfect time to celebrate one last hurrah with the girls before the baby says, “Hello, World!” As a guest, you’ll want to assure that this day goes as smoothly as possible, full of celebrations and smiles. Make your addition to all of this baby shower happiness with some touching baby shower wishes and messages.
If you find yourself asking what to write in a baby shower card or are searching for an element that will take your baby shower greeting over the top, you are in the right place. These inspirational baby sentiments will help you reiterate just how excited you are for the newest addition. To get started on finding the perfect inspiration, pick a section below.
There is something magical about a wish that just can’t be described. An almost mom prepping the house for baby and getting ready for all the before baby celebrations could definitely use a few wishes, words of wisdom, or advice. Well wishes for a baby shower will touch hearts and allow you to say ‘congratulations’ and ‘we love you’ like never before. It won’t take much time to add one of these baby shower best wishes to your greeting card, and you won’t regret it. These short and sweet personalized wishes will serve as a part of all the festive celebrations.
As you pick up a pen and get ready to draft your baby shower card wishes, make sure that the well wishes you write stay true to you and shine a spotlight on your one-of-a-kind relationship to the parents-to-be. These adorable new baby wishes are a great place to get inspiration for your charming sentiment for the little one’s debut. You can also use inspiration from the baby shower theme.
These baby shower wishes for a boy (more like wishes for a little prince) are a fun way to celebrate his almost arrival with the happy couple. Mom-to-be will cherish your sweet greeting and keep it close to her heart to share with her handsome man a few years down the road. These kind baby shower words also make for great shower keepsakes and the perfect addition to a baby shower photo book. Use the below template to draft the best and most personalized wishes for the little man.
If you know the gender of the baby before the shower, then why not reflect that in your baby shower card greeting? She’s sugar and spice and everything nice, and she’s about to change this happy couple’s world in the best way imaginable. Share these touching baby shower card wishes for the pink bundle of joy with mom on her big day. Go one step further and print these sweet words onto a custom canvas print that mom and dad can hang in the little one’s nursery. This makes the perfect baby shower gift.
When you think of the word ‘baby’ you can’t help but immediately be drawn to words like adorable, darling, sweet, heavenly, lovable and the list goes on. If you’re getting stuck there, don’t worry. It’s not uncommon to get writers’ block, especially when trying to find perfect words for an almost newly mom. If you’re looking to fill in all of the blank space of your ‘Welcome Baby card’ but seem to be at a loss for words, look to these cute baby shower card messages for inspiration.
New Baby Wishes: What to Write in a Congratulatory Card. At a loss for words . (And hold onto them for other special occasions, like baby showers!) Examples.