15656 quotes have been tagged as wisdom: Eleanor Roosevelt: 'No one can make you “In a good bookroom you feel in some mysterious way that you are future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words, 'Wait and Hope .
Inspirational Good Morning Quotes are words of wisdom that often encourage everybody to welcome the brand new morning with passion, hope, and enthusiasm. These Good Morning quotes and good morning images give you the motivation to welcome the beauty of a brand new day!
As what Marcus Aurelius said: “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive -to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.”
Below is a collection of brand new motivational and inspirational good morning quotes, along with good morning images and messages that will give you a new perspective on life on your day today. They serve as a beautiful reminder that every morning is a new day and another chance of living your life.
Send your loved ones one of these good morning messages and you will be loved back. Send someone a romantic good morning message. Try to wake up and attack the day with your enthusiasm and smile.
Make people happy around you when you wake up and karma will treat you well. Carpe Diem, every early morning. Good Morning beautiful people, we hope that you have a beautiful morning!
If you have something to wake-up to in the morning it will be much easier to wake up early.
If you are thankful and grateful every morning as you woke up, happiness would come out within you.
Everybody should be grateful for being alive and healthy.
Most of the time, we look for our happiness in other people, however, sometimes we need to find the happiness within ourselves.
Sometimes all it takes is a lively mantra to start out your day right. Tell yourself today will be happy and so shall it be.
Don’t Worry Be Happy Morning Quote 8X10″ Canvas Wall Art – Price: $19.95 – Get it from GMQ
Rise up because every day God always give us something new.
When you are good to others you will receive it back. When you feel good about yourself you will shine in other people’s eyes. Give and don’t expect anything back. You will be astonished.
If you feel down, always remember that for as long as your heart is still beating, you still have a purpose in this life.
You can change your mood instantly by thinking of the happy things in life.
We may have a bad day but there is something good in every day, and you do you know what’s that? It is waking up and still having the chance to live.
Light Tomorrow With Today Morning Quote 8X10″ Canvas Wall Art – Price: $19.95 – Get it from GMQ
You will not gain anything by looking back. What happened, happened. Look forward and move on.
It is because every day is a new chance to correct our mistakes and every new day is a new beginning.
Embrace the good in life and good will come back.
Make every day as an opportunity to serve others and give others happiness and joy. What you give is what you will receive, and sometimes what we receive is more than what we give.
Make Today Ridiculously Amazing Morning Quote 8X10″ Canvas Wall Art – Price: $19.95 – Get it from GMQ
There are times that you just want to give up on something, however, if you have held it up for a long time it must be something that is truly worth holding on.
The best option in life is to choose to shine and make others shine around you.
Each and every one of us will face death, so don’t waste your life and be thankful for another opportunity and another chance to live.
The morning is the most difficult time when you feel lonely because you miss someone. You will make it through and choose to be by yourself and then loneliness is experienced very differently.
Think of waking up every day as a privilege to love, to help and to enjoy life.
Choose To Shine Morning Quotes Mug Drinkware – Price: $14.95 – Get it from GMQ
Every morning is a new day full of possibilities.. with a cup of coffee;)
Determination gives satisfaction and results.
Originally posted by birthdaywishes.com
Take away negative thoughts and change it to positive thoughts. As what they said, a positive thought attracts positive things.
If you focus too much on what is in front of you, you will accomplish nothing. What we do today is what matters.
I Opened Two Gifts This Morning They Were My Eyes Morning Quotes White Mug Drinkware – Price: $14.95 – Get it from GMQ
Starting the day with a positive thought is the best way to ensure the day is wonderful.
You don’t do it for others, you do it for yourself!
Always make your day a great one because it is God’s gift for a new beginning, blessing, and hope.
The moment you stop believing is the moment you give up. Never stop believing.
In order to be great, the best thing to do is to start, you may not be good at first but eventually, time will come that you’ll be great on it.
Just The Thought Of You Brightens Up My Morning Morning Quotes Mug Drinkware – Price: $14.95 – Get it from GMQ
Be enthusiastic and look forward to a day full of new things to discover and a day with surprises.
Yesterday and tomorrow are not in your control, be blessed for today.
Original good morning quote posted by Charlene Robinson
Everybody commits mistakes and through mistakes we learn. Since we learn, we will know what is the right thing to do therefore it lessens our mistakes.
My Plan For Today Same As Always Drink Coffee And Be Sexy Morning Quotes Mug Drinkware – Price: $11.95 – Get it from GMQ
Originally posted by rishikajain.com
To enjoy life, you must love the life you have and live a life that you love.
A great quote by Charlie Chaplin. In life, making people happy is one of our purposes.
Originally posted by Pauline C.
In life, every day is a chance to correct our mistakes.
Originally posted by Quotes Queen
Treat every day like it’s the first day of your life.
The Sun Is Up The Sky Is Blue It S Beautiful And So Are You Morning Quotes White Mug Drinkware – Price: $14.95 – Get it from GMQ
Originally posted by goodmorningwishes
Painful past gives lessons and it is a preparation for something good in the future.
Did you know that a simple smile can change a person’s mood? So, smile at yourself and everything will feel okay for you.
Every day is a new life.
You Don’t Have To Be Great To Start But You Have To Start To Be Great Morning Quotes Mug Drinkware – Price: $14.95 – Get it from GMQ
Just like the morning sky, we are all beautiful.
Original Good Morning Quotes posted by quotes-models
It’s great to wake up and still we can do the things that we usually do.
Hope should always be in each and every one of us.
Because with God, all things are possible.
This Home Runs On Love Laughter And Cups Of Strong Coffee Morning Quotes Iphone Cases – Price: $24.95 – Get it from GMQ
Always be thankful for every morning that you are given a chance to woke up.
Originally posted by iwallpapersfive.com
Because mornings are new life to live with.
How can you fulfill your dreams if you won’t be awake? So wake up and get up.
This hoe marvelous God’s blessing is, he always gave us second chances, chances to do the things we want to do, a chance to change and a chance to live and be happy.
Always Kiss Me Goodnight Always Kiss Me Good Morning Love Quotes For Him Pillow Cover – Price: $17.95 – Get it from GMQ
Our life is like a book and every day is a new page to write with.
As what always being said, every day is always our chance to live.
Be a beginner, always start doing new things each day. Every good morning with good morning quotes;)
Waking up next to you in the morning is a blessing and brightens my day.
‘Be Willing to Be a Beginner Every Single Morning’ Morning Quotes Mug – Price: $14.95 – Get it from GMQ
Originally posted by Little Step by Colorfly Studio
It is because great things and journey are done one step at a time.
It is because life is all about us being happy.
Each day that will pass will never be back again, it only passed once.
Life’s purpose is living your life to its fullest.
The world would love to see your smile.
Let go if the things that will hinder your progress as a person, because you can’t move on to your purpose if you are stuck with these things.
The Past is past, what’s most important is how you deal with the present.
Originally posted by wekosh.com
The future would always start in the present, what we do today starts what we will be in the future.
Life is all about taking a risk. If you want to succeed, you must take a risk or else you gain nothing. Wake up with this morning quote to remind you every good morning!
Your attitude will define how you’ll face life’s challenges. If you’re positive, you can get through it.
Three things to do in life with these good morning quotes: Live it, Laugh at it, and Love it.
‘Good Morning, You Sexy Beast’ Morning Quotes White Mug – Price: $14.95 – Get it from GMQ
Originally posted by wallpaper.in.net
In life, every hour, minute and seconds counts. Once it passed by it will never come back again.
To have a better life, you must learn from the past, apply what you learned and hope for a better tomorrow.
GOOD MORNING!!:)) This good morning message means: Good Morning!
Originally posted by wishesmessages.com
We are the one who creates our own life’s work of art.
‘Hello, Good Morning, I Hope You Are Having a Ridiculously Amazing Day’ Morning Quotes Mug – Price: $14.95 – Get it from GMQ
‘Sunshine is the Best Medicine’ Morning Quotes Mug – Price: $14.95 – Get it from GMQ
‘The Fun Thing to Do in the Morning is Not Talk to Me’ Morning Quotes White Mug – Price: $14.95 – Get it from GMQ
‘The Trouble is If You Don’t Risk Anything, You Risk More’ Morning Quotes Mug – Price: $14.95 – Get it from GMQ
‘Yesterday is Gone, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Blessing’ Morning Quotes White Mug – Price: $14.95 – Get it from GMQ
‘Your Future is Created by What You Do Today, Not Tomorrow’ Morning Quotes Mug – Price: $14.95 – Get it from GMQ
Good Morning Quote hopes this collection of sweet good morning quotes gives you the joy, inspiration as well as motivation, guidance, and comfort. Make it a habit to read these good morning quotes every day when you wake, as it will give you the drive to face anything that will come along.
And always remember that if a problem comes:
Keep in mind that every good morning is a blessing that we should be thankful and grateful for. So rise up, start fresh, see the bright opportunity in each new day.
Have a great morning to you. And to the ones you love from the heart. Subscribe to our newsletter if you want a beautiful good morning quotes with images in your inbox every morning.
Make someone smile every day and you will smile for the rest of the day too! GOOD MORNING!
Nowadays, a lot of people are realizing the advantages that can be obtained by having a good sleep every night. It is important that you should focus more on sleeping better since it can provide you with positive effects.
Not only for your well-being, but also on your performance at work. There are numerous ways to improve your sleep. Be sure to stay away from caffeine and other stimulants.
You should do regular exercise and practice a constant bedtime routine. However, the environment also plays an important role in having a great night’s sleep.
Sound, light, air, temperature, and bedding should also be considered. Always choose breathable, comfortable sheets for a better sleep through the night.
Want to sleep like a royal couple? These limited edition Royal Printed Couple Bed Sheets are the perfect gifts for newlyweds and couples.
It looks gorgeous and what’s more, it also includes a soft duvet cover, sheet, and matching pillowcases made of 100% cotton. There are 8 variants to choose from.
We hope that you enjoyed our list of good morning quotes and that these good morning messages have had a positive impact on your day today. Some of these quotes are perfect romantic good morning quotes that can be shared with your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or wife.
Other good morning messages in this list are great for sharing with a friend, and others are perfect for just reading for yourself and making your own day great and bright. It doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from, even the richest people need some inspirit to wake up early sometimes and these good morning quotes are perfect for inspiring everyone in the morning.
Wake up early, grab your morning coffee, and enjoy the fresh morning dew while reading some of these cute good morning quotes. It’s a wonderful feeling when you wake up early feeling inspired. Our list of good morning sayings is perfect for helping you feel that and we hope that you have enjoyed reading them.
We offer the top 100 most inspirational quotes about life. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest.
Starting a business is tough. And not just practically, or financially — emotionally, too. Which is why these top inspirational business quotes are so valuable.
Each of these business quotes is a bite-sized morsel of wisdom, capable of injecting that much-needed hit of inspiration, encouragement, and motivation.
So, when you’re exhausted, frustrated, anxious, worried, or just plain freaking out, read these motivational business quotes.
But don’t just scan through these business quotes.
Try to think about how each one applies to your business.
Read. Re-read. Reflect. Apply.
Okay, let’s get stuck into the top business quotes!
These business quotes are a gamechanger. Get ready for some inspiration and action-packed advice.
1. “The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old but on building the new.” — Socrates, father of Western philosophy (Click to tweet)
2. “Always deliver more than expected.” — Larry Page, co-founder of Google (Click to tweet)
3. “Don’t take too much advice. Most people who have a lot of advice to give — with a few exceptions — generalize whatever they did. Don’t over-analyze everything. I myself have been guilty of over-thinking problems. Just build things and find out if they work.” — Ben Silbermann, founder of Pinterest (Click to tweet)
4.“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” — John Quincy Adams, 6th President of the United States (Click to tweet)
5. “Every time we launch a feature, people yell at us.” — Angelo Sotira, co-founder of deviantART (Click to tweet)
6.“Be undeniably good. No marketing effort or social media buzzword can be a substitute for that.” — Anthony Volodkin, founder of Hype Machine (Click to tweet)
7. “What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone, know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.” — Dave Thomas, Founder of Wendy’s (Click to tweet)
8. “If you can’t feed a team with two pizzas, it’s too large.” — Jeff Bezos, Founder and CEO of Amazon (Click to tweet)
9. “If people like you, they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you, they’ll do business with you.” — Zig Ziglar, author, salesman, and motivational speaker (Click to tweet)
10. “If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.” — Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn (Click to tweet)
11. “The value of an idea lies in the using of it.” — Thomas Edison, co-founder of General Electric (Click to tweet)
12. “The stars will never align, and the traffic lights of life will never all be green at the same time. The universe doesn’t conspire against you, but it doesn’t go out of its way to line up the pins either. Conditions are never perfect. ‘Someday’ is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you. Pro and con lists are just as bad. If it’s important to you and you want to do it ‘eventually,’ just do it and correct course along the way.” — Tim Ferriss, author of The 4-Hour Work Week (Click to tweet)
Tim Ferriss business quotes are always so on point.
13. “Make every detail perfect and limit the number of details to perfect.” — Jack Dorsey, co-founder of Twitter (Click to tweet)
14. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” — Steve Jobs, co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Apple Inc. (Click to tweet)
15. “Always look for the fool in the deal. If you don’t find one, it’s you.” — Mark Cuban, AXS TV Chairman and entrepreneur (Click to tweet)
16. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” — Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft (Click to tweet)
Bill Gates business quotes are so full of wisdom.
17. “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.” — Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook (Click to tweet)
18. “If you define yourself by how you differ from the competition, you’re probably in trouble.” — Omar Hamoui, co-founder of AdMob (Click to tweet)
19. “Wonder what your customer really wants? Ask. Don’t tell.” — Lisa Stone, co-founder and CEO of BlogHer (Click to tweet)
20. “When you find an idea that you just can’t stop thinking about, that’s probably a good one to pursue.” — Josh James, CEO and co-founder of Omniture (Click to tweet)
Are these business quotes inspiring you yet? No? Then keep reading…!
21. “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” — Scott Belsky, co-founder of Behance (Click to tweet)
22. “Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” — Golda Meir, fourth Prime Minister of Israel (Click to tweet)
23. “There’s nothing wrong with staying small. You can do big things with a small team.” — Jason Fried, 37signals founder and co-author of Rework (Click to tweet)
24. “The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.” — Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn co-founder (Click to tweet)
25. “Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.” — Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos (Click to tweet)
26. “The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow.” — Ingvar Kamprad, founder of IKEA (Click to tweet)
27. “Nothing works better than just improving your product.” — Joel Spolsky, co-founder of Stack Overflow (Click to tweet)
28. “Get five or six of your smartest friends in a room and ask them to rate your idea.” — Mark Pincus, CEO of Zynga (Click to tweet)
29. “Money is like gasoline during a road trip. You don’t want to run out of gas on your trip, but you’re not doing a tour of gas stations.” — Tim O’Reilly, founder, and CEO of O’Reilly Media (Click to tweet)
30. “Get big quietly, so you don’t tip off potential competitors.” — Chris Dixon, an investor at Andreessen Horowitz (Click to tweet)
Business quotes like this really hit home.
31. “Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” — Steve Jobs, co-founder, Chairman, and CEO of Apple Inc. (Click to tweet)
32. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” — Helen Keller, American author, political activist and lecturer (Click to tweet)
33. “Don’t try to be original, just try to be good.” — Paul Rand, Graphic Designer (Click to tweet)
34. “Always think outside the box and embrace opportunities that appear, wherever they might be.” — Lakshmi Mittal, Chairman & CEO of ArcelorMittal (Click to tweet)
35. “Don’t worry about people stealing your design work. Worry about the day they stop.” — Jeffrey Zeldman, entrepreneur and web designer (Click to tweet)
These inspirational business quotes have some pretty sound advice.
36. “The last 10% it takes to launch something takes as much energy as the first 90%.” — Rob Kalin, founder of Etsy (Click to tweet)
37. “If you’re interested in the living heart of what you do, focus on building things rather than talking about them.” — Ryan Freitas, co-founder of About.me (Click to tweet)
38. “Best startups generally come from somebody needing to scratch an itch.” — Michael Arrington, founder and co-editor of TechCrunch (Click to tweet)
39. “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” — Wayne Huizenga, prolific American business person, owner of Blockbuster Video and the Miami Dolphins. (Click to tweet)
40. “Ideas are easy. Implementation is hard.” — Guy Kawasaki, entrepreneur and co-founder of Alltop (Click to tweet)
41. “An entrepreneur is someone who has a vision for something and a want to create.” — David Karp, founder, and CEO of Tumblr (Click to tweet)
42. “Get a mentor in the applicable field if you’re at all unsure of what you’re looking for.” — Kyle Bragger, founder of Forrst, and co-founder of Exposure (Click to tweet)
43. “Every day that we spent not improving our products was a wasted day.” — Joel Spolsky, co-founder of Stack Overflow (Click to tweet)
44. “Anything that is measured and watched, improves.” — Bob Parsons, founder of GoDaddy (Click to tweet)
45. “Stay self-funded as long as possible.” — Garrett Camp, founder of Expa, Uber, and StumbleUpon (Click to tweet)
We’re going to be throwing in a couple more Tony Hsieh business quotes in here.
46. “Don’t play games that you don’t understand, even if you see lots of other people making money from them.” — Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos (Click to tweet)
47. “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” — Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter (Click to tweet)
48. “Human beings have an innate inner drive to be autonomous, self-determined and connected to one another. And, when that drive is liberated, people achieve more and live richer lives.” — Daniel Pink, author (Click to tweet)
49. “Fortunes are built during the down market and collected in the upmarket.” — Jason Calacanis, founder of LAUNCH Ticker (Click to tweet)
50. “It’s more effective to do something valuable than to hope a logo or name will say it for you.” — Jason Cohen, founder of Smartbear Software (Click to tweet)
Business quotes like this sure do push you towards taking action.
51. “No more romanticizing about how cool it is to be an entrepreneur. It’s a struggle to save your company’s life – and your own skin – every day of the week.” — Spencer Fry, co-founder of CarbonMade (Click to tweet)
52. “You can’t make anything viral, but you can make something good.” — Peter Shankman, founder of HARO (Click to tweet)
53. “Don’t worry about funding if you don’t need it. Today it’s cheaper to start a business than ever.” — Noah Everett, founder of Twitpic (Click to tweet)
54. “Data beats emotions.” — Sean Rad, founder of Tinder (Click to tweet)
This next one is one of my favorite business quotes.
55. “I never dreamed about success, I worked for it.” — Estee Lauder, founder of Estee Lauder Cosmetics (Click to tweet)
56. “I try not to make any decisions that I’m not excited about.” — Jake Nickell, founder and CEO of Threadless (Click to tweet)
57. “See things in the present, even if they are in the future.” — Larry Ellison, co-founder of Oracle (Click to tweet)
58. “You don’t need to have a 100-person company to develop that idea.” — Larry Page, co-founder of Google (Click to tweet)
These business quotes are also great for small businesses.
59. “Ideas are commodity. Execution of them is not.” — Michael Dell, chairman, and CEO of Dell (Click to tweet)
60. “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t – you’re right.” — Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company (Click to tweet)
61. “All humans are entrepreneurs not because they should start companies but because the will to create is encoded in human DNA.” — Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn (Click to tweet)
62. “The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.” — Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft (Click to tweet)
63. “In the end, a vision without the ability to execute it is probably a hallucination.” — Steve Case, co-founder of AOL (Click to tweet)
64. “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.” — Oprah Winfrey, media proprietor (Click to tweet)
65. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” — Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn co-founder (Click to tweet)
66. “Don’t be cocky. Don’t be flashy. There’s always someone better than you.” — Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos (Click to tweet)
These business quotes may be blunt but they’re pretty accurate.
67. “Embrace what you don’t know, especially in the beginning, because what you don’t know can become your greatest asset. It ensures that you will absolutely be doing things different from everybody else.” — Sara Blakely, founder of SPANX (Click to tweet)
68. “Diligence is the mother of good luck.” — Benjamin Franklin, a Founding Father of the United States (Click to tweet)
69. “A person who is quietly confident makes the best leader.” — Fred Wilson, co-founder of Union Square Ventures (Click to tweet)
70. “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.” — Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks (Click to tweet)
These business quotes are on fire.
Let’s continue our list with some of the top inspirational quotes about life that are out there. Every now and then, everyone’s in need to hear about the positive side of life, and the potential it has to offer. These inspirational quotes about life will help empower you to succeed.
71. “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.”– Charles R. Swindoll, author, educator, and radio preacher
72. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” — Walt Disney, founder of the Disney Brother Studio and Disneyland
73. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.” — Stephen Hawking, English theoretical physicist, cosmologist, and author
74. “When I’m old and dying, I plan to look back on my life and say ‘wow, that was an adventure,’ not ‘wow, I sure felt safe.’” — Tom Preston-Werner, co-founder of Github
75. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” – Les Brown, American motivational speaker, author, and former politician
76. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” ― Oprah Winfrey, media proprietor
77. “You Are Never Too Old To Set Another Goal Or To Dream A New Dream.” – C.S. Lewis, British writer
There’s something heartwarming about these motivational quotes about life.
78. “Live each day as if your life had just begun.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, German writer
79. “Lean forward into your life. Begin each day as if it were on purpose.” ―Mary Anne Radmacher, author
80. “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ―Maya Angelou, American poet, singer, and civil rights activist
81. “Do not let the memories of your past limit the potential of your future. There are no limits to what you can achieve on your journey through life, except in your mind.” ― Roy T. Bennett, author
82. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” ― Oprah Winfrey, media proprietor
83. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”― George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright
84. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” — Charles Darwin, English naturalist, geologist and biologist
85. “Education costs money. But then so does ignorance.” – Sir Claus Moser, British statistician
86. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.”– Michael Jordan, American former professional basketball player
Success doesn’t happen overnight. You have to take each day as an opportunity to meet your potential and to improve. Here’s a list of our favorite inspirational quotes about success to get your day started.
87. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” — Henry David Thoreau, essayist, poet, and philosopher
88. “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.” — Tony Robbins, life and business strategist, and author
89. “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” — Colin R. Davis, English conductor for the London Symphony Orchestra
90. “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.” — Thomas J. Watson, 2nd President of IBM, political figure, and philanthropist
91. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” — Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain during World War II
92. “Today’s Accomplishments Were Yesterday’s Impossibilities.” – Robert H. Schuller, American motivational speaker
93. “Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day in and day out.” — Robert Collier, author
94. “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” — Jim Rohn, one of America’s foremost business philosophers
95. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” — Colin Powell, US statesman and retired four-star General in the United States Army
When you’re struggling, inspirational quotes like these can really make a difference.
96. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” — David Brinkley, newscaster for NBC and ABC
97. “Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.” – William Feather, American publisher and author
98. “Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein, theoretical physicist
99. “Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion.” – Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
100. “I never took a day off in my twenties. Not one.” — Bill Gates, Microsoft co-founder
Well done — you’ve made it halfway through our list of the top 200 business quotes!
101. “I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.” – G. K. Chesterton, English writer, poet, and philosopher
102. “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.”— Steve Jobs, co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Apple Inc.
103. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” — Conrad Hilton, Founder of the Hilton Hotels chain
Never give up. Keep chasing your dreams. Life will be hard at times, and the strength lies in not giving up. Take a look at the best inspirational quotes about not giving up.
104. “If you can’t fly then run. If you can’t run, then walk. And, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” — Martin Luther King Jr., leader of the civil rights movement
105. “I got lucky because I never gave up the search. Are you quitting too soon? Or, are you willing to pursue luck with a vengeance?” — Jill Konrath, speaker, author and thought leader
106. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” — Japanese Proverb
107. “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.” — Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States
108. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” — Thomas Edison, entrepreneur and inventor
109. “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” — Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain during World War II
Inspirational quotes like these do a great job at channelling some positive momentum.
110. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does — that makes you a winner right there.” — Venus Williams, American professional tennis player
111. “We May Encounter Many Defeats But We Must Not Be Defeated.” – Maya Angelou, American poet, singer, and civil rights activist
112. “Strength shows not only in the ability to persist, but in the ability to start over.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald, American fiction writer
113. “Let me tell you the secret that has led to my goal. My strength lies solely on my tenacity.”
– Louis Pasteur, French biologist, microbiologist and chemist
114. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” – Earl Nightingale, American radio speaker and author
115. “You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don’t give up.” ― Chuck Yeager, former United States Air Force officer
116. “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.”– Samuel Beckett, Irish avant-garde novelist and playwright
117. “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” — Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft
Hard work helps to turn dreams into reality. These top motivational quotes about working hard will help you get the job done.
118. “So often people are working hard at the wrong thing. Working on the right thing is probably more important than working hard.” — Caterina Fake, Flickr co-founder
119. “If you’re passionate about something and you work hard, then I think you will be successful.”— Pierre Omidyar, founder and chairman of Ebay
120. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” — Thomas Jefferson, Founding Father and President of the United States
121. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” — Paulo Coelho, Brazilian lyricist and novelist
122. “A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” — Colin Powell, US statesman and retired four-star General in the United States Army
123. “There is simply no substitute for hard work when it comes to achieving success.” — Heather Bresch, CEO of Mylan
We hope these quotes are motivating you to work hard toward your goal.
124. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” — Pele, Brazilian retired professional footballer
125. “No great achiever – even those who made it seem easy – ever succeeded without hard work.” — Jonathan Sacks, British author and politician
126. “The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.” — Harry Golden, American writer
127. “There is no substitute for hard work.” — Thomas Edison, entrepreneur and inventor
128. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” — Babe Ruth, American professional baseball player
We all face challenges in life. They can either make you or break you. We’ve compiled a list of our favourite motivational quotes about challenges that will encourage you to keep going.
129. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.”—John D. Rockefeller, American oil industry business magnate
130. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.”— Jim Rohn, American entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker
131. “Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.” — Arianna Huffington, president of The Huffington Post Media Group
132. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” — Eleanor Roosevelt, known as “First Lady of the World” for her human rights advocacy
133. “If you can push through that feeling of being scared, that feeling of taking a risk, really amazing things can happen.” — Marissa Mayer, president & CEO of Yahoo!
134. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” — Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States
135. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine, author
136. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” — Michael Jordan, former professional basketball player
These motivational quotes about challenges have some pretty sound advice.
137. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” — Nelson Mandela, Former President of South Africa, political leader, and philanthropist
138. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey, American educator, author, and businessman
139. “The Ultimate Measure Of A Man Is Not Where He Stands In Moments Of Comfort And Convenience, But Where He Stands At Times Of Challenge And Controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr., leader of the civil rights movement
140. “Being Challenged In Life Is Inevitable, Being Defeated Is Optional.” — Roger Crawford, public speaker, author, and certified tennis professional
141. “Life’s Challenges Are Not Supposed To Paralyze You, They’re Supposed To Help You Discover Who You Are.” — Bernice Johnson Reagon, song leader, composer, and social activist
142. “When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not yet ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back.” – Paulo Coelho, Brazilian lyricist and novelist
143. “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” — Ray Goforth, director of strategy and partnerships at Spredfast
There will be days when things don’t go as planned. You may feel defeated and let down. But that’s a part of life. It’s about how you deal with the failures in life that makes you who you are. Here’s a list of our favorite quotes about overcoming failure, that will motivate you to stay strong in the face of failure.
144. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” — Herman Melville, American novelist
145. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” — Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group
146. “It doesn’t matter how many times you fail. It doesn’t matter how many times you almost get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you because all that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.” — Mark Cuban, entrepreneur, owner of Landmark Theaters and Chairman of AXS TV
147. “I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.” — Jeff Bezos, founder, and CEO of Amazon
148. “The only thing worse than starting something and failing… is not starting something.” — Seth Godin, author, entrepreneur, and blogger
149. “Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.” — Drew Houston, founder and CEO of Dropbox
150. “Failure Will Never Overtake Me If My Determination To Succeed Is Strong Enough.” – Og Mandino, American author
151. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” — George Addair, real-estate developer
152. “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Jack Canfield, American author, motivational speaker, corporate trainer, and entrepreneur
Quotes like these on overcoming fear really give you an inspirational push.
153. “Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” — Thomas Edison, entrepreneur and inventor
154. “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” — Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company
155. “Failure is success if we learn from it.” – Malcolm Forbes, American entrepreneur and publisher of Forbes magazine
156. “Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success. I’ve met people who don’t want to try for fear of failing.” – J.K. Rowling, British novelist
157. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty—six times I’ve been trusted to take the game—winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan, former professional basketball player
Everyone has a bad day once in a while. These motivational quotes are guaranteed to inspire you and bring a smile to your face.
158. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” — Zig Ziglar, American author
159. “I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realise I should have been more specific.”— Lily Tomlin, American actress
160. “The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces.” — Will Rogers, American actor
161. “I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.” – Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father of the United States
162. “When I hear somebody sigh, Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?’” – Sydney Harris, American journalist
163. “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs… one step at a time.” – Joe Girard, American salesman
164. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison, entrepreneur and inventor
165. “You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.” – Sam Levenson, American humorist
166. “Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.“ – Robert Downey Jr., American actor
167. “Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.” – Dale Carnegie, American writer
168. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers, American actor
Movies have a certain memorable aspect about them. They have a unique way of teaching us lessons that stay in our memory. Whether it’s by making us smile, or by moving us to tears, movies have a magic about them. Here are some of the best motivational quotes from movies.
169. ”Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.” – Rocky, Rocky Balboa
170. “Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me. Alright? You dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.” – Chris Gardner, The Pursuit of Happyness
171. “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” – Jordan Belfort, Wolf of the Wall Street
172. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” – Gandalf, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
173. “Great men are not born great, they grow great.” – Vito Corleone, The Godfather
174. “Some people can’t believe in themselves until someone else believes in them first.” – Sean Maguire, Good Will Hunting
175. “Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.” – Alfred, Batman Begins
176. “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
177. “After a while, you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are.” – Shrek, Shrek The Third
178. “Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.” – Benjamin Button, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
179. “What we do in life echoes in eternity.” – Maximus, from Gladiator
180. “Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.” – Alan Turing, The Imitation Game
181. “Every man dies, but not every man really lives.” – William Wallace, Braveheart
182. “Someone I once knew wrote that we walk away from our dreams afraid that we may fail or worse yet, afraid we may succeed.” – Forrester, Finding Forrester
183. “It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choices.” – Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
184. “There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope.” – Stephen Hawking, The Theory of Everything
185. “The accident is your training. Life is a choice. You can choose to be a victim or anything else you’d like to be.” – Socrates, from Peaceful Warrior
186. “In this lifetime, you don’t have to prove nothing to nobody, except yourself. And after what you’ve gone through, if you haven’t done that by now, it ain’t gonna never happen.” – Fortune, Rudy
187. It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. – Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
188. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.” – Rafiki, The Lion King
189. “No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.” – John Keating, Dead Poets Society
190. “You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.” – Eames, Inception
191. “Find a truly original idea. It is the only way I will ever distinguish myself. It is the only way I will ever matter.” – John Nash, A Beautiful Mind
No matter what day of the week it is, this list of motivational quotes about work will help you get through the day.
192. “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” — Steve Jobs, co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Apple Inc.
193. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” —H. Jackson Brown Jr., American author
194. “The more I want to get something done the less I call it work.” — Richard Bach, American writer
195. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” — Muhammad Ali, American professional boxer
196. “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” — Karen Lamb, author
197. “Someday is not a day of the week.” — Janet Dailey, author
198. “What we fear of doing most is usually what we most need to do.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson, essayist, philosopher, and poet
199. “Make each day your masterpiece.” — John Wooden, American basketball player
200. “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” — Aristotle, father of Western philosophy
Okay, that’s a lot of business quotes!
If you haven’t already, make sure to bookmark this page of business quotes now and return to it, to create better habits, every time you need a hit of inspiration or motivation.
One other thing:
Did you notice some of the recurring themes throughout these business quotes?
So, which of these business quotes stood out most to you? Comment below!
Last Updated on
Life is a gift.
When we embrace all that life has to offer, we can achieve success both personally and professionally. One way to do this is to surround ourselves with love. Love with a romantic partner, love for family and friends, and love for living life to the fullest. When we set our goals to focus on what's truly important, it's easy to find meaning with our daily actions.
That's why in this post, you will discover 140 great quotes that focus on all aspects of love (i.e. romantic love, great friendships, and love for experiencing all that life has to offer.) And wise quotes about everything in between.
To help you out, we have separated this post into five sections, with a few large picture quotes to share with your loved ones.
(Side note: One “wise” thing to do is to start each day by reading something related to your career or business. So be sure to join over 1 million others and start your day with the latest news from Wall St. to Silicon Valley. This newsletter is a 5-minute read that's informative, witty, and FREE!)
What You Will Learn
If you have chosen to be your best even when the other person you are with isn't at their best, then you have chosen to love this person, and this person is likely your best friend. Love is more than a feeling; it should also be considered an enacted emotion.
And if you'd like to take your romance to the next level, then we recommend two things:
Remember: Love is kindness, and love is an adventure. So let's learn more about this by checking out the following short inspirational quotes:
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”– Lao Tzu
“There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.”– Friedrich Nietzsche
The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.”– Victor Hugo
“Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”– Lucille Ball
“The most desired gift of love is not diamonds or roses or chocolate. It is focused attention.”– Richard Warren
“The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard but must be felt with the heart.”– Helen Keller
“Love is, in fact, an intensification of life, a completeness, a fullness, a wholeness of life.”– Thomas Merton
“I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
“Love is a friendship set to music.”– Joseph Campbell
“In order to be happy oneself, it is necessary to make at least one other person happy.”– Theodor Reik
“We always believe our first love is our last, and our last love our first.”– George W. Melville
“Everyone in life is gonna hurt you; you just have to figure out which people are worth the pain.” – Erica Baican
“Age does not protect you from love, but love, to some extent, love protects you from age.”– Jeanne Moreau
“You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.”– Sam Keen
“The art of love is largely the art of persistence.”– Albert Ellis
“True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.” – Erich Segal
“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.” – Neil Gaiman
“There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” – Sarah Dessen
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.”– William Shakespeare
“We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.” – Robert Fulghum
We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.” – Robert Fulghum
“Where there is love there is life.” – Mahatma Gandhi
“Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.” – Plato
“The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it. Sometimes love blinds us, other times it lets us see.” – George Bernard Shaw
“Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert Heinlein
“If you have it, Love, you don’t need to have anything else, and if you don’t have it, it doesn’t matter much what else you have.” – James M. Barrie
“There is no remedy for love but to love more.” – Henry David Thoreau
“A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.” – Thomas Carlyle
Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop.” – H. L. Menken
“Men always want to be a woman’s first love – women like to be a man’s last romance.” – Oscar Wilde
“Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
“It is love, not reason, that is stronger than death.” – Thomas Mann
“If you would be loved, love and be lovable.” – Benjamin Franklin
“The mind cannot long act the role of the heart.” – Francois de la Rochefoucauld
“Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.” – Peter Ustinov
“This is the miracle that happens every time to those who really love; the more they give, the more they possess.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
This is the miracle that happens every time to those who really love; the more they give, the more they possess.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
“Forgiveness is the final form of love.” – Reinhold Niebuhr
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4
“Whoso loves believes the impossible.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.” – Rumi
“The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
“What will survive of us is love.” – Philip Larkin
“Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
I don't trust people who don't love themselves and tell me, ‘I love you.' … There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.” – Maya Angelou
“Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” – James Baldwin
“Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey.” – Lord Byron
“Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away.” – Dorothy Parker
“Love in its essence is spiritual fire.” – Seneca
“Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.” – Lao Tzu
The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love.” – Henry Miller
“Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” – Khalil Gibran
“Love does not dominate; it cultivates.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
“We are most alive when we're in love.” – John Updike
“If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.” – Barbara De Angelis
“You know you’re in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
“For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.” – Carl Sagan
“Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
“A loving heart is the truest wisdom.” – Charles Dickens
“Love alone can rekindle life.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
Love doesn’t make the world go around. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” – Franklin P. Jones
“Love is the emblem of eternity; it confounds all notion of time; effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end.” – Madame de Stael
“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
“Nobody has ever measured — not even poets — how much love the human heart can hold.” – Zelda Fitzgerald
“Never love anybody that treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde
“Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.” – Joan Crawford
“If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were.” – Kahlil Gibran
“Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.” – James Baldwin
There is only one page left to write on. I will fill it with words of only one syllable. I love. I have loved. I will love.” – Dodie Smith
“Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness.” – Bertrand Russell
“One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life. That word is love.” – Sophocles
“What is hell? I maintain that it is the suffering of being unable to love.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
“It isn't possible to love and part. You will wish that it was. You can transmute love, ignore it, muddle it, but you can never pull it out of you. I know by experience that the poets are right: love is eternal.” – E. M. Forster
“Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.” – Maya Angelou
“A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.” – Kurt Vonnegut
“Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.” – C. S. Lewis
“Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” – Oscar Wilde
“Respect was invented to cover the empty place where love should be.” – Leo Tolstoy
“Lost love is still love. It takes a different form, that's all. You can't see their smile or bring them food or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor. But when those senses weaken another heightens. Memory. Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with it.” – Mitch Albom
“Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward.” – e. e. cummings
“Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” – Oscar Wilde
Want some more wise quotes related to love? Check out some of these affirmation and quote posts dealing with self-love, happiness, and all the good stuff in life.
What is the meaning of life? That is a question we aren't sure can really be answered fully. But a good way to describe life is to find meaning in everything you do and learn to love every aspect of your daily routine. Put simply: You to understand “your why” behind everything that you do.
Aristotle said, “Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim, and end of human existence.” The following inspirational quotes about life may be just what you need today:
“If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
“There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still.”– Franklin D. Roosevelt
“God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.”– Voltaire
“There is no life as complete as the life that is lived by choice.” – Shad Helmstetter
“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”– George Bernard Shaw
“No one ever finds life worth living – one has to make it worth living.” – Winston Churchill
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.”– Abraham Lincoln
“Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.”– Les Brown
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” – Oscar Wilde
“Today is life-the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto.”– Dale Carnegie
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.”– Alexander Graham Bell
“An unexamined life is not worth living.”– Socrates
“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
“If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
“You can never plan the future by the past.”– Edmund Burke
“Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.”– Dennis P. Kimbro
“At the end of their lives, people assess how they've done not in terms of their income but in terms of their spirit, and I beg you to do the same, even if those who came before sometimes failed to do so.”– Anna Quindlen
“Life is much more fun if you live it in the spirit of play and collaboration, working with instead of against others.” – Wally Amos
“Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.”– Vivian Komori
“In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.”– Robert Frost
The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”– W. M. Lewis
“Almost all of the research strongly supports the benefits of using humor to maximize living.” – Mary Kay Morrison
“Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.”– Denis Waitley
“The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.”– Vince Lombardi
One of the sad things in life is that we don’t live our life backward, Benjamin Button style. How great would it be to couple the wisdom of age with the energy of youth by living backward?
Unfortunately, that is not the way things work.
In life, we gain important pieces of wisdom through experience and practicing a few of the 23 strategies for daily self-improvement.
All that said, there is a lot of wisdom that can be found by looking at quotes from people who have learned to love life. Here are a few of our favorites:
“Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“How many things have to happen to you before something occurs to you?” – Robert Frost
“Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.” – Brian Rathbone
“The problem is that when you get it, you're too damned old to do anything about it.”– Jimmy Connors
“All teachings are mere references. The true experience is living your own life. Then, even the holiest of words are only words.”– Ming-Dao Deng
“You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you.” – Mary Tyler Moore
“…talent means nothing, while experience, acquired in humility and with hard work, means everything.”– Patrick Süskind
“…talent means nothing, while experience, acquired in humility and with hard work, means everything.”– Patrick Süskind
“People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
“Nothing ever becomes real 'til it is experienced.” – John Keats
“He who has a way to live can bear almost anyhow.”– Friedrich Nietzsche
“I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom.”– Thomas Carlyle
“I am not what happened to me; I am what I choose to become.”– C.G. Jung
“Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience, and being persistent.” – Billy Graham
“Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely.” – Auguste Rodin
“People never learn anything by being told; they have to find out for themselves.”– Paulo Coelho
“Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.”– John Gardner
“Life isn't sure; life is scary. It doesn't mean you stop living it.”– Susan May Warren
“Embrace uncertainty. Some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives won’t have a title until much later.” – Bob Goff
“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for a newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
“Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.”– Stephen Chbosky
“Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't.”– Pete Seeger
“I think of life as a good book. The further you get into it, the more it begins to make sense.”– Harold Kushner
“I think of life as a good book. The further you get into it, the more it begins to make sense.”– Harold Kushner
“Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain.”– William Faulkner
One thing that life experiences teach us is that you never get “something for nothing”.
Even when you are only dealing with yourself, having some sort of a reason for doing an action is integral to the success of that action. Perhaps you can think of it as “bribing yourself”.
To see what I’m talking about, check out these 155 Methods of Rewarding Yourself.
Love is another area where time and experience bring wisdom. Love is something most people are looking for, either directly or indirectly.
The following wise quotes talk about the importance of forming lifelong friendships that enrich and enhance your daily routine. In essence, when you have great friends, you’ll surround yourself with great conversations where you can know one another on a deep level.
When discovering the real meaning of friendship, you need to realize that the friendship goes beyond simply sharing your time together; it is sharing long-lasting time together while developing a meaningful connection.
However, it is also important to remember that friendship can mean different things to different people, but it is all around inspiring as you will see by all of the inspiring quotes we have included below:
“Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time, we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.” – Ally Condie
“Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” – Amy Poehler
“Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend's success.” – Oscar Wilde
“Make a friend when you don't need one.” – Jamaican Proverb
“A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” – Jim Morrison
“No friendship is an accident.” – O. Henry
“Friends are God's way of taking care of us.” – Author unknown
True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” – David Tyson
“A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” – Arnold H. Glasgow
“The best mirror is an old friend.” – George Herbert
“Someone to tell it to is one of the fundamental needs of human beings.” – Miles Franklin
“Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.” – Euripides
“Friendship is the most constant, the most enduring the most basic part of love.” – Ed Cunningham
Some of these quotes on friendship are wonderful. In some ways, I feel good friendship can be as important as love. Actually, friendship can be a form of love itself.
When it comes to habits, one of the most important aspects of friendship is the “mirror” a good friend can provide, like in the George Herbert wise friendship quote above.
This “mirror” is essentially accountability and is one of the single most powerful tools for achieving success with your habits. Find out more about accountability and what it can do for you here.
(Reminder: If you'd like to learn something new each day, then be sure to check out this 5-minute daily newsletter that's informative, witty and FREE!)
Love is all around us! Whether it’s your partner, family, friends, or even the activities you enjoy on a deep level, you can find plenty of examples of this powerful emotion. Hopefully, these love quotes inspired you and gave you something to think about.
And if you like these quotes, then be sure to check out the others that we have:
Thanks for checking out this wisdom, love, and friendship quote post. I would appreciate it if you would save your favorite quote on your “go-to” social media platform. And hope you are having a wonderful, loving day!
Everybody loves a good quote, and these words of wisdom can help you settle in for sweeter dreams and better night's sleep. Mood and.
Every next level of your life will demand a different you. Click to tweet
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. Carl Jung Click to tweet
The scariest moment is always just before you start. Stephen King Click to tweet
Little by little, one travels far. J. R. R. Tolkien Click to tweet
I exist as I am, that is enough. Walt Whitman Click to tweet
We know what we are, but know not what we may be. William Shakespeare Click to tweet
Paths are made by walking. Franz Kafka Click to tweet
Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. Unknown Click to tweet
Learn to sell. Learn to build. If you can do both, you will be unstoppable. Naval Ravikant Click to tweet
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde Click to tweet
See also: famous quotes, best quotes of all time, success quotes
Go to table of contents
Begin now to be what you will be hereafter. Saint Jerome Click to tweet
We have to do the best we are capable of. This is our sacred human responsibility. Albert Einstein
Everything is possible. The impossible just takes longer. Dan Brown
The brain is wider than the sky. Emily Dickinson
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
If you are free, you need to free somebody else. If you have some power, then your job is to empower somebody else. Toni Morrison
Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the fuck you were doing to do anyway. Robert Downey Jr
Individuals search for truth, groups search for consensus. Naval Ravikant
The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper. W.B. Yeats
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves. William Shakespeare Click to tweet
If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary. Jim Rohn Click to tweet
Learn to say ‘no’ to the good so you can say ‘yes’ to the best. John C. Maxwell
Great things never came from comfort zones. Neil Strauss
I have the choice of being constantly active and happy or introspectively passive and sad. Or I can go mad by ricocheting in between. Sylvia Plath
When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things. Joe Namath
If you want something you never had, you have to do something you’ve never done. Thomas Jefferson
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. Ernest Hemingway
Understand: you are one of a kind. Your character traits are a kind of chemical mix that will never be repeated in history. There are ideas unique to you, a specific rhythm and perspective that are your strengths, not your weaknesses. You must not be afraid of your uniqueness. Robert Greene
You are the person you have been waiting for. Joe Dispenza
If you’re willing to bleed a little every day, you may win big later. Naval Ravikant
Extreme people get extreme results. Sam Altman
The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself. Michel de Montaigne
The easiest way to change the world is to change yourself. Maxime Lagacé
Take your time, play the long game, embrace the boring, the difficulties, the uncomfortable. This is how it will happen. Maxime Lagacé
Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion. Jack Kerouac
Adversity reveals genius, prosperity conceals it. Horace Click to tweet
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. Jack London
Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. Robert Louis Stevenson
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat. F. Scott Fitzgerald
From error to error one discovers the entire truth. Sigmund Freud (This is one of my favorite inspirational quote. Leave a reply here and let me know what’s yours!)
Go to table of contents
In a gentle way, you can shake the world. Mahatma Gandhi Click to tweet
The secret of getting ahead is getting started. Mark Twain
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. Samuel Beckett
You will become as small as your controlling desire; as great as you dominant aspiration. James Allen
Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it. Helen Keller
The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. Steve Jobs
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Jesus Christ
A ship is always safe a shore but that is not what it’s built for. Albert Einstein
Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars. Les Brown
Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later. Og Mandino
When you know what you want, and want it bad enough, you will find a way to get it. Jim Rohn
If you don’t know where you are going, you will probably end up somewhere else. Laurence J. Peter
If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar
Not all those who wander are lost. J. R. R. Tolkien Click to tweet
Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. John Wooden
If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Maya Angelou
In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd. Miguel de Cervantes
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not. George Bernard Shaw
You don’t need to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. Martin Luther King Jr
All for one and one for all. Alexandre Dumas
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle
Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well. Jack London
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value. Albert Einstein
Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right. Henry Ford
Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around. Henry David Thoreau
You have to risk going too far to discover just how far you can really go. Jim Rohn
That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Friedrich Nietzsche
He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. Friedrich Nietzsche
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. Oscar Wilde
More famous quotes
Go to table of contents
One liners, inspiring thoughts, sayings and captions for your bio, social status, self-talk, motto, mantra, signs, posters, wallpapers, backgrounds, tattoos, SMS, Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Tumblr, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
You make your own luck if you stay at it long enough. Naval Ravikant Click to tweet
If you can imagine it, we can make it. John Dykstra
Either get busy living or get busy dying. Stephen King
You change the world by being yourself. Yoko Ono
The only way round is through. Robert Frost
Seek life, not comfort. Maxime Lagacé
Pain or love or danger makes you real again. Jack Kerouac
Begin, be bold and venture to be wise. Horace
We are our choices. Jean-Paul Sartre
A goal should scare you a little and excite you a lot. Joe Vitale
Your big opportunity may be right where you are now. Napoleon Hill
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. T.S. Eliot
One day or day one. You decide. Unknown
I didn’t come this far, to only come this far. Unknown
Prove them wrong. Unknown
Don’t tell people your dreams. Show them. Unknown
You can be happy where you are. Joel Osteen
An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory. Friedrich Engels
They can because they think they can. Virgil
Fortune sides with him who dares. Virgil Click to tweet
Life begins on the other side of despair. Jean-Paul Sartre
Resist much, obey little. Walt Whitman
Men must live and create. Live to the point of tears. Albert Camus
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don’t be sorry. Jack Kerouac
And your very flesh shall be a great poem. Walt Whitman
Our true nationality is mankind. H. G. Wells
Diligence is the mother of good fortune. Miguel de Cervantes
More short quotes
You may also like: motivational quoteshappiness quoteslove quoteslife quotes
Go to table of contents
Feet, what do I need them for if I have wings to fly. Frida Kahlo Click to tweet
Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change. Unknown
It will be the toughest thing you’ll ever do, but your heart is never wrong. Maxime Lagacé
Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do. H. Jackson Brown Jr
My message to you is simple, keep believing, keep marching, keep building, keep raising your voice. Barack Obama
Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit. E.E. Cummings
I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can’t see from the center. Kurt Vonnegut
If you take risks and face your fate with dignity, there is nothing you can do that makes you small; if you don’t take risks, there is nothing you can do that makes you grand, nothing. Nassim Nicholas Taleb
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Henry Stanley Haskins
We did not come to fear the future. We came here to shape it. Barack Obama
At the end of the day it’s not about what you have or even what you’ve accomplished… it’s about who you’ve lifted up, who you’ve made better, it’s about what you’ve given back. Denzel Washington
Act enthusiastic and you will be enthusiastic. Dale Carnegie
Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
We don’t rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training. Archilochus
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is: infinite. William Blake
I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart. I am, I am, I am. Sylvia Plath
You will find poetry nowhere unless you bring some of it with you. Joseph Joubert
And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it. Roald Dahl
Breathe, it’s just a bad day, not a bad life. Unknown Click to tweet
The mind is like an iceberg, it floats with one-seventh of its bulk above water. Sigmund Freud
Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life. Terry Pratchett
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes. Marcel Proust
Abandon yourself to the moment, and you will find every day new openings, new light, new insight. And those new insights will go on changing you. One day, suddenly you will see you are each moment new. Osho
You have to be able to tolerate what you don’t necessarily like so you can be free. Larry Flynt
I believe that man will not merely endure; he will prevail. William Faulkner
What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness. John Steinbeck
More beautiful quotes, positive quotes
Go to table of contents
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. Oscar Wilde Click to tweet
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Sigmund Freud
We are all born mad. Some remain so. Samuel Beckett
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. Ernest Hemingway
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons. T.S. Eliot
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead. Charles Bukowski
Life has a way of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen at once. Paulo Coelho
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
Embrace the glorious mess that you are. Elizabeth Gilbert
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not ‘Eureka!’ (I’ve found it!), but ‘That’s funny…’.
I don’t want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there. Oscar Wilde Click to tweet
Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one. Terry Pratchett
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it. George Bernard Shaw
I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don’t let anybody tell you different.
Wrinkles mean you laughed, grey hair means you care and scars mean you lived. Unknown
A bad attitude is like a flat tire, you can’t get very far until you change it. Unknown
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret. Ambrose Bierce
If you are money, then, when you die, you will be spent. Rich Cohen
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature. Dave Barry
I have great faith in fools – self-confidence my friends will call it. Edgar Allan Poe
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain
Drag your thoughts away from your troubles… by the ears, by the heels, or any other way you can manage it. Mark Twain
The only thing you can get in a hurry is trouble. Navjot Singh Sidhu
It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
Show me a man with a tattoo and I’ll show you a man with an interesting past. Jack London
It’s not bragging if you can back it up. Muhammad Ali
More funny quotes
Go to table of contents
The wisest men follow their own direction. Euripides Click to tweet
Better to have, and not need, than to need, and not have. Franz Kafka
You are free, and that is why you are lost. Franz Kafka
From a certain point onward there is no longer any turning back. That is the point that must be reached. Franz Kafka
Someday, somehow, this will all make sense. Maxime Lagacé
You have as much laughter as you have faith. Martin Luther
We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time. T.S. Eliot
Rise to the level of your ideals, not the average of your environment. The Stoic Emperor
There is no great genius without a mixture of madness. Aristotle
What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from. T.S. Eliot
Cynicism is easy. Mimicry is easy. Optimistic contrarians are the rarest breed. Naval Ravikant
We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us. Charles Bukowski
Unless you believe, you will not understand. Augustine of Hippo
You will always find an answer in the sound of water. Zhuangzi Click to tweet
You attract what you are, not what you want. Unknown
I focused so hard on what I wanted that I lost sight of what I deserved. Unknown
Sometimes when things are falling apart they may actually be falling into place. Unknown
Let it all go. See what stays. Unknown
Anything I come across that feels impossible, I probably need to take a second look. Joe Gebbia (Co-founder AirBnb)
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain
Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be. Miguel de Cervantes
Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness. Samuel Beckett
The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be. Bruce Lee
Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again. C.S. Lewis
Goodness makes greatness truly valuable, and greatness make goodness much more serviceable. Matthew Henry
You must realize that one day you will die. Until then you are worthless. Chuck Palahniuk
Do not think you will necessarily be aware of your own enlightenment. Dogen
Do not judge, and you will never be mistaken. Jean Jacques Rousseau
Do not ask for what you will wish you had not got. Seneca
If you suddenly stumble upon the right door, you will not be able to recognize that it is right. Osho
You have to die a few times before you can really live. Charles Bukowski
Live so that you can at least get the benefit of the doubt. Kin Hubbard
To find yourself, think for yourself. Socrates
More deep quotes
Go to table of contents
You have to be odd to be number one. Dr. Seuss Click to tweet
My father used to say, “don’t raise your voice improve your argument”. Unknown
When thinking about life, remember this: no amount of guild can change the past, and no amount of anxiety can change the future. Unknown
I do not believe in taking the right decision, I take a decision and make it right. Muhammad Ali Jinnah
People cry, not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for too long. Johnny Depp
The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest. Unknown
Fear, pain, envy, sadness, frustration. Your natural reaction will be to replace them and seek pleasure. Don’t do that. Instead, understand them. They can teach you something and it could be useful. Maxime Lagacé
Say no to small short-term gains so you can say yes to massive long-term gains. Maxime Lagacé
Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving. Terry Pratchett
If you think, then you will be prepared. If you are prepared, then you will have no worries. Li Ka Shing
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha
I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. Helen Keller
The most important things are the hardest to say, because words diminish them. Stephen King
Saying nothing sometimes says the most. Emily Dickinson Click to tweet
To be blind is not miserable; not to be able to bear blindness, that is miserable. John Milton
Do not speak of your happiness to one less fortunate than yourself. Plutarch
Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly. Plutarch
Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski
Truth, and goodness, and beauty are but different faces of the same all. Ralph Waldo Emerson
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. Michel de Montaigne
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know. Michel de Montaigne
Think like a wise man but communicate in the language of the people. W.B. Yeats
If you make friends with yourself you will never be alone. Maxwell Maltz
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be. Kurt Vonnegut
A harmful truth is better than a useful lie. Thomas Mann
If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything. Mark Twain
Please all, and you will please none. Aesop
More wisdom quotes
Go to table of contents
Beware the barrenness of a busy life. Socrates Click to tweet
Life is the sum of all your choices. Albert Camus
Your life is a cloud. Sometimes you’ll feel sad and cry. Sometimes you’ll feel free and move fast. Maxime Lagacé
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time. Jack London
To be heroic is to be courageous enough to die for something; to be inspirational is to be crazy enough to live a little. Criss Jami
Life is all about balance. You don’t always need to be getting stuff done. Sometimes it’s perfectly okay, and absolutely necessary, to shut down, kick back, and do nothing. Lori Deschene
See also: 100 Tips to Improve Your Life
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. Albert Camus
If you’re afraid to die, you will not be able to live. James A. Baldwin
That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet. Emily Dickinson
What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality. Plutarch Click to tweet
Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop. Ovid
I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in my life. And I am horribly limited. Sylvia Plath
Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age. James Joyce
It is necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live. Alexandre Dumas
Just trust yourself, then you will know how to live. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Plunge boldly into the thick of life, and seize it where you will, it is always interesting. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
The more you lose yourself in something bigger than yourself, the more energy you will have. Norman Vincent Peale
Listening to your own heart, you will start moving in the right direction, without ever thinking of what is right and what is wrong. Osho
Listen to the new, go with the new. I know you are afraid. In spite of the fear, go with the new, and your life will become richer and richer and you will be able one day to release your imprisoned splendor. Osho
You have to have a dream so you can get up in the morning. Billy Wilder
You can change your world by changing your words… Remember, death and life are in the power of the tongue. Joel Osteen
As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters. Seneca
Maybe that’s what life is… a wink of the eye and winking stars. Jack Kerouac
See also: silence quotes
Go to table of contents
Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. Truman Capote Click to tweet
The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
Courage is grace under pressure. Ernest Hemingway
Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. Victor Hugo
Life will only change when you become more committed to your dreams than your comfort zone. Unknown
Magic happens when you do not give up, even though you want to. The universe always falls in love with a stubborn heart. Unknown
What if you try one more time and it works? Maxime Lagacé
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. George Bernard Shaw
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. Oscar Wilde
Don’t worry about losing. If it is right, it happens – the main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. John Steinbeck
You can only fight the way you practice. Miyamoto Musashi
The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it. Jean-Paul Sartre
Mistakes are the portals of discovery. James Joyce
You do not write your life with words… You write it with actions. What you think is not important. It is only important what you do. Patrick Ness
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Albert Camus
Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you. Walt Whitman
Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking. W. B. Yeats
If you fell down yesterday, stand up today. H. G. Wells
Experience is the teacher of all things. Julius Caesar
The one who falls and gets up is so much stronger than the one who never fell. Unknown
Without rain nothing grows. Learn to embrace the storms of your life. Unknown
You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind. Mahatma Gandhi
There is a direct correlation between an increased sphere of comfort and getting what you want. Tim Ferriss
You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them. Maya Angelou
Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out. Benjamin Franklin
You can always find the sun within yourself if you will only search. Maxwell Maltz
The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually fear you will make one. Navjot Singh Sidhu
Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have. Norman Vincent Peale
Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage. Maya Angelou
You cannot escape necessities, but you can overcome them. Seneca
You have to be able to tolerate what you don’t necessarily like so you can be free. Larry Flynt
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me. Unknown
It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. E.E. Cummings
Go to table of contents
It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters. Epictetus Click to tweet
No man is free who is not master of himself. Epictetus
Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly. Epictetus
The more you know yourself, the less you have something to prove, the more you can relax. Maxime Lagacé
Having character is not about pretending. It’s about seeking what’s truly important for you. It’s about the truth. Maxime Lagacé
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”. Jack Kerouac
The free soul is rare, but you know it when you see it – basically because you feel good, very good, when you are near or with them. Charles Bukowski
Don’t bend; don’t water it down; don’t try to make it logical; don’t edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. Franz Kafka
Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that’s the one that is going to help you grow. Unknown
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting. E.E. Cummings
We are already one. But we imagine that we are not. And what we have to recover is our original unity. What we have to be is what we are. Thomas Merton
Learn to say ‘no’ without explaining yourself. Unknown
Stay patient and trust your journey. Unknown
Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason. Unknown
Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself. Coco Chanel
Everything that happens happens as it should, and if you observe carefully, you will find this to be so. Marcus Aurelius
What you hear repeatedly you will eventually believe. Michael Korda
When your desires are strong enough you will appear to possess superhuman powers to achieve. Napoleon Hill
Act the part and you will become the part. William James Click to tweet
Begin to be now what you will be hereafter. William James
Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility. Augustine of Hippo
Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one. Marcus Aurelius
Re-examine all that you have been told… dismiss that which insults your soul. Walt Whitman
No legacy is so rich as honesty. William Shakespeare
Doubt whom you will, but never yourself. Christian Nestell Bovee
Knowing what you can not do is more important than knowing what you can do. In fact, that’s good taste. Lucille Ball
When you think you’re good, you will play at that level. If you doubt yourself, you will play like crap. Kurt Russell
If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve. Lao Tzu
If you take responsibility for yourself you will develop a hunger to accomplish your dreams. Les Brown
You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. Marcus Aurelius
See also: 25 Killer Actions to Boost Your Self-Confidence
Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present. Marcus Aurelius
If you stand for something you will have people for you and people against you. But if you stand for nothing you will have nobody for you and nobody against you. Maurice Saatchi
Resolve that whatever you do, you will bring the whole man to it; that you will fling the whole weight of your being into it. Orison Swett Marden
It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit. Harry S. Truman
Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, grace and power in it. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Accept yourself as you are. Otherwise you will never see opportunity. You will not feel free to move toward it; you will feel you are not deserving. Maxwell Maltz
If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self. Napoleon Hill
Swallow your pride, you will not die, it’s not poison. Bob Dylan
Go to table of contents
He who sings scares away his woes. Miguel de Cervantes Click to tweet
Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart. Seneca
What if you already have happiness inside you? What if it’s about desiring less and accepting more? What if you remove your perceptions of what happiness should be? Maxime Lagacé
He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature. Socrates
The fullest people, the people most whole and most alive, are always those unafraid and unashamed of the soul. Maria Popova (brainpickings.org)
Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind. Marcel Proust
Happiness is like those palaces in fairy tales whose gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it. Alexandre Dumas
Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old. Franz Kafka
More gratitude quotes
You cannot find peace by avoiding life. Virginia Woolf
Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed. Alexander Pope
If you expect nothing from anybody, you’re never disappointed. Sylvia Plath
Not what we have but what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance. Epicurus
Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for. Epicurus
The best part about life? Every morning you have a new opportunity to become a happier version of yourself. Unknown
Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections. Unknown
To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others. Albert Camus Click to tweet
Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others. Cicero
Don’t be in such a rush to figure everything out. Embrace the unknown and let your life surprise you.
If you seek tranquility, do less. Or do what’s essential – what the logos of a social being requires, and in the requisite way. Which brings a double satisfaction: to do less, better. Because most of what we say and do is not essential. If you can eliminate it, you’ll have more time, and more tranquility. Ask yourself at every moment, ‘Is this necessary?’ Marcus Aurelius
You can discard most of the junk that clutters your mind – things that exist only there – and clear out space for yourself. Marcus Aurelius
Your sacred space is where you can find yourself again and again. Joseph Campbell
I still remember the days I prayed for the things I have now. Unknown
Remain calm, serene, always in command of yourself. You will then find out how easy it is to get along. Paramahansa Yogananda
Learn to be calm and you will always be happy. Paramahansa Yogananda
The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace. Carlos Santana
We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses. Carl Jung
Do anything, but let it produce joy. Walt Whitman
There are two ways to be happy: change the situation, or change your mindset towards it. Unknown
Don’t ruin a good today by thinking about a bad yesterday. Let it go. Unknown
As long as you are being true to yourself, you will always find happiness. Amber Riley
If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else. Marvin Gaye
If you look for perfection, you’ll never be content. Leo Tolstoy
Silent gratitude isn’t very much use to anyone. Gertrude Stein
There is a quiet place where no one disturbs you. Marlene Dietrich
Go to table of contents
Love and work… work and love, that’s all there is. Sigmund Freud Click to tweet
Love is dynamic, ever changing and all over the place all the time. Only those who transcends themselves knows this. Maxime Lagacé
A loving heart is the truest wisdom. Charles Dickens
If you have the ability to love, love yourself first. Charles Bukowski
The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved. Victor Hugo
If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded. Maya Angelou
If you give, you will be blessed. Joel Osteen
Be loving towards yourself, then you will be able to love others too. Osho
If you can grow in love, you will grow in awareness. If you grow in awareness, you will grow in love. Osho
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. John F. Kennedy
If you are still looking for that one person who will change your life, take a look in the mirror. Roman Price
We love the things we love for what they are. Robert Frost
Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary. Oscar Wilde
If you want to be loved, be lovable. Ovid
If you judge people, you have no time to love them. Mother Teresa
Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do. Brené Brown
Be the love you never received. Unknown Click to tweet
Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence. Henry David Thoreau
If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life. Oscar Wilde
Men always want to be a woman’s first love – women like to be a man’s last romance. Oscar Wilde
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. Oscar Wilde
Work on being in love with the person in the mirror who has been through so much but is still standing. Unknown
Never stop showing someone how much they mean to you. Unknown
The best kiss is the one that has been exchanged a thousand times between the eyes before it reaches the lips. Unknown
Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time. Jorge Luis Borges
Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken. Albert Camus
When you love someone, you love the person as they are, and not as you’d like them to be. Leo Tolstoy
All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Leo Tolstoy
We loved with a love that was more than love. Edgar Allan Poe
Go to table of contents
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work. Aristotle Click to tweet
Life grants nothing to us mortals without hard work. Horace
Remember: nobody said it would be easy. Maxime Lagacé
The goal is to create something so useful that people will have no choice but to tell their friends. Maxime Lagacé
People buy an experience and a feeling, not your product or service. Thus, what experience are you selling to your clients? Maxime Lagacé
You have to be a good individual first before you can be a good team player. David Goggins
What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. Jane Goodall
In the modern world of business, it is useless to be a creative, original thinker unless you can also sell what you create. David Ogilvy
Earn with your mind, not your time. Naval Ravikant
See also: Steve Jobs quotes
Work in silence. Let your success be your noise. Unknown
Be loyal to those are not present. In doing so, you build the trust of those who are present. Stephen Covey
If you want to change the culture, you will have to start by changing the organization. Mary Douglas
You don’t know what you can get away with until you try. Colin Powell
Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. Euripides Click to tweet
You can start right where you stand and apply the habit of going the extra mile by rendering more service and better service than you are now being paid for. Napoleon Hill
The world always seems brighter when you’ve just made something that wasn’t there before. Neil Gaiman
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack. Rudyard Kipling
An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn’t know why they choose him and he’s usually too busy to wonder why. William Faulkner
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man’s. I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. William Blake
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. Albert Camus
To do a dull thing with style-now that’s what I call art. Charles Bukowski
More leadership quotes, hard work quotes
Go to table of contents
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much. Robert Louis Stevenson Click to tweet
To have external success, start with internal success. Maxime Lagacé
The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire. Marshall Ferdinand Foch
If a little dreaming is dangerous, the cure for it is not to dream less but to dream more, to dream all the time. Marcel Proust
You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. John C. Maxwell
Don’t think about what can happen in a month. Don’t think about what can happen in a year. Just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you want to be.
It is now how good you are, it’s how good you want to be. Unknown
When you’re not concerned with succeeding, you can work with complete freedom. Larry David
Feed your body. Feed your soul. Feed your dream. Bust out! Awiakta
If you care enough for a result, you will most certainly attain it. William James
Success or failure depends more upon attitude than upon capacity successful men act as though they have accomplished or are enjoying something. Soon it becomes a reality. Act, look, feel successful, conduct yourself accordingly, and you will be amazed at the positive results. William James
Reduce your plan to writing. The moment you complete this, you will have definitely given concrete form to the intangible desire. Napoleon Hill
No matter what challenges or setbacks and disappointments you may encounter along the way, you will find true success and happiness if you have only one goal. There really is only one. And that is this: to fulfill the highest most truthful expression of yourself as a human being. You want to max out your humanity by using your energy to lift yourself up, your family and the people around you. Oprah Winfrey
The most successful people are those who are good at plan B. James Yorke
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination. Oscar Wilde
Some are born great, others achieve greatness. William Shakespeare
If you seek truth you will not seek victory by dishonorable means, and if you find truth you will become invincible. Epictetus
Seek not greatness, but seek truth and you will find both. Horace Mann Click to tweet
Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo
To be prepared is half the victory. Miguel de Cervantes
There is no greatness where there is no simplicity, goodness and truth. Leo Tolstoy
The only question to ask yourself is, how much are you willing to sacrifice to achieve this success? Larry Flynt
Help others achieve their dreams and you will achieve yours. Les Brown
See also: 9 habits of highly successful people
The only wealth which you will keep forever is the wealth you have given away. Marcus Aurelius
Liberate the minds of men and ultimately you will liberate the bodies of men. Marcus Garvey
You will be as much value to others as you have been to yourself. Marcus Tullius Cicero
Remember you will not always win. Some days, the most resourceful individual will taste defeat. But there is, in this case, always tomorrow – after you have done your best to achieve success today. Maxwell Maltz
Get excited and enthusiastic about you own dream. This excitement is like a forest fire – you can smell it, taste it, and see it from a mile away. Denis Waitley
No man or woman is an island. To exist just for yourself is meaningless. You can achieve the most satisfaction when you feel related to some greater purpose in life, something greater than yourself. Denis Waitley
You can calculate the worth of a man by the number of his enemies. Gustave Flaubert
You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight. Jim Rohn
Do well and you will have no need for ancestors. Voltaire
Go to table of contents
If you want to make enemies, try to change something. Woodrow Wilson Click to tweet
If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. Lao Tzu
The measure of intelligence is the ability to change. Albert Einstein
If you will not rise above the things of the world, they will rise above you. Sri Sathya Sai Baba
Let’s shake up some shit. That’s all you can do. Billie Joe Armstrong
The masses seek pleasure non-stop. This is what people do when they are scared. They avoid life and want to remain in their happy state. Life is change. You are life. Accept this. Maxime Lagacé
We do not succeed in changing things according to our desire, but gradually our desire changes. Marcel Proust
Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. George Bernard Shaw
There’s only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self. Aldoux Huxley
The art of progress is to preserve order amid change and to preserve change amid order. Alfred North Whitehead
No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow. Alice Walker
Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death. Anais Nin
If you don’t like the way the world is, you change it. You have an obligation to change it You just do it one step at a time. Marian Wright Edelman
The future has a way of arriving unannounced. George Will Click to tweet
They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. Andy Warhol
How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. Anne Frank
Life is a process. We are a process. The universe is a process. Anne Wilson Scaef
Become a student of change. It is the only thing that will remain constant. Anthony J. D’Angelo
Change alone is eternal, perpetual, immortal. Arthur Schopenhauer
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. Barack Obama
The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become. Charles Dubois
All change is not growth; as all movement is not forward. Ellen Glasgow
See also: 6 Ways to Stop Worrying About Things You Can’t Change
I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is they must change if they are to get better. Georg C. Lichtenberg
To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly. Henri Bergson
Change does not necessarily assure progress, but progress implacably requires change. Henry Steele Commager
You cannot step twice into the same river, for other waters are continually flowing in. Heraclitus
To change one’s life, start immediately, do it flamboyantly, no exceptions. William James
Things do not change, we change. Henry David Thoreau
See also: attitude quotes, change quotes
Go to table of contents
Be curious, not judgmental. Walt Whitman Click to tweet
If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid. Epictetus
Change is what nature wants. You are a part of nature. What will you learn? Maxime Lagacé
Where I was born and where and how I have lived is unimportant. It is what I have done with where I have been that should be of interest. Georgia O’Keeffe
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. Mark Twain
Don’t bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself. William Faulkner
Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road. Jack Kerouac
Growing up is losing some illusions, in order to acquire others. Virginia Woolf
It is better to create than to learn! Creating is the essence of life. Julius Caesar
What is the point of being on this Earth if you are going to be like everyone else and avoid trouble? Arnold Schwarzenegger
If you want things to be different, perhaps the answer is to become different yourself. Norman Vincent Peale
I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso
Order and simplification are the first steps toward the mastery of a subject. Thomas Mann
Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced. John Keats Click to tweet
Growth itself contains the germ of happiness. Pearl S. Buck
The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. Augustine of Hippo
The most important thing to remember is this: To be ready at any moment to give up what you are for what you might become. W. E. B. Du Bois
See also: Tim Ferriss quotes
Believe in life! Always human beings will live and progress to greater, broader, and fuller life. W. E. B. Du Bois
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. George Bernard Shaw
There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin
When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. Franklin D. Roosevelt
The first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn, but to unlearn. Gloria Steinem
So long as a person is capable of self-renewal they are a living being. Henri-Frederic Amiel
Life is a progress, and not a station. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to table of contents
While there’s life, there’s hope. Cicero Click to tweet
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. Anatole France
The hardest truth about hope: it makes you continue and it makes you suffer. Maxime Lagacé
You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. Jack London
Believe in your infinite potential. Your only limitations are those you set upon yourself. Roy T. Bennett
If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything. Gordon A. Eadie
Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable. Coco Chanel
Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm. Abraham Lincoln
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. Augustine of Hippo
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. Mahatma Gandhi
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt
There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in. Leonard Cohen
One lives in the hope of becoming a memory. Antonio Porchia
He does not believe that does not live according to his belief. Sigmund Freud
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time. Leo Tolstoy
Extreme hopes are born from extreme misery. Bertrand Russell
Only in the darkness can you see the stars. Martin Luther King Jr
Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls. Joseph Campbell
Faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe. Mitch Albom
To live without hope is to cease to live. Fyodor Dostoyevsky Click to tweet
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all. Emily Dickinson
You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore. William Faulkner
I am prepared for the worst, but hope for the best. Benjamin Disraeli
Hope will never be silent. Harvey Milk
There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for. J.R.R. Tolkien
More hope quotes
Go to table of contents
One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful. Sigmund Freud Click to tweet
What is your favorite inspirational quote? Would you like to add another one here? Please let me know in the comment section below!
Call to action: Read 5 Inspiring Tips for Living an Extraordinary Life
Maxime Lagacé started collecting quotes in 2004 after he lost his girlfriend in a car accident.
In search of meaning, he dived in the self-improvement world, psychology and trail running. His goal was to understand his pain, his depression, his fears, his lack of motivation and inspiration.
Books, blogs, quotes and nature became his guide.
He finished his software engineering degree in 2007 at the École de Technologie Supérieure de Montréal. He also studied at the The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. A few years later, he started his first website to share his passion for quotes.
Maxime is a father of two and also loves running. His best 5k is 17 minutes 41 seconds and his best marathon (42k) is in 3 hours 33 minutes 11 seconds (with 1800 meters of elevation gain).
Other notable interests of Maxime are health (mental and physical), meditation, nutrition, bananas, human potential, education, learning, productivity and minimalism.
You can find him on twitter, linkedin, quora, strava, sportstats, pinterest, youtube, instagram or facebook.
Feel free to contact him at any time for questions or help at [email protected]
Use these helpful words, quotes, and affirmations to help inspire you to improve your life. What Are Some Helpful Inspirational Words? . —Tommy Hilfiger; " Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision.