“A wedding, a great wedding, is just a blast. relationship, communion or company than a good marriage. These are some the most heartfelt wedding wishes and messages that you will ever find.
Need to find something to write in a wedding card? Whatever your relation to the happy couple, you’ll find a huge range of ideas below. We’ve searched the internet and consulted our card experts here to come up with the best list of ideas, and something you can pinch and pass off as your own. Enjoy!
For more ideas visit our wedding card selection, or why not check out our personalised wedding gifts.
If you need help, then, here you will find the most useful selection of the best wedding day wishes, quotes and congratulations that you can use.
01. Weddings are important because they celebrate life and possibility.
- Anne Hathaway TWEET THIS
02. Think not because you are now wed, that all your courtship's at an end.
- Antonio Hurtado de Mendoza
03. The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It's a choice you make - not just on your wedding day, but over and over again - and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife.
- Barbara de Angelis
04. A wedding dress is both an intimate and personal for a woman - it must reflect the personality and style of the bride.
- Carolina Herrera
05. After all there is something about a wedding-gown prettier than in any other gown in the world.
- Douglas William Jerrold
06. My mother says I didn't open my eyes for eight days after I was born, but when I did, the first thing I saw was an engagement ring. I was hooked.
- Elizabeth Taylor
07. Every bride is beautiful. It’s like newborn babies or puppies. They can’t help it.
- Emme Rollins TWEET THIS
08. No jealousy their dawn of love overcast, nor blasted were their wedded days with strife; each season looked delightful as it past, to the fond husband and the faithful wife.
- James Beattie
09. I think a lot of people get so obsessed with the wedding and the expense of the wedding that they miss out on what the real purpose is. It's not about a production number, it's about a meaningful moment between two people that's witnessed by people that they actually really know and care about.
- Jane Seymour
10. The groom always smiles proudly because he's convinced he's accomplished something quite wonderful. The bride smiles because she's been able to convince him of it.
- Judith McNaught
11. The funny thing is that although we place so much energy and importance on our wedding day, it isn't the biggest day of our life. The biggest day of your life is every day thereafter. Because it's not the pledge to love someone that matters, but the act of fulfilling that pledge that is most important. In other words, it's only just begun.
- Laura Wolf
12. Sepia in particular tends to make everything look a bit romantic and almost sentimental, hence the fact that it remains such a popular choice for wedding photographs.
- Martin Parr
13. A wedding is and event, but marriage is a life.
- Myles Munroe TWEET THIS
14. My favorite time to dance is at, like, wedding receptions, when it's all ages and everyone seems to be having fun.
- Neil Patrick Harris
15. I chose my wife, as she did her wedding gown, for qualities that would wear well.
- Oliver Goldsmith TWEET THIS
16. I'd imagine my wedding as a fairy tale... huge, beautiful and white.
- Paris Hilton
17. A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year.
- Paul Sweeney
18. Hats are the epitome of Englishness, and a royal wedding is the penultimate moment for a hat designer. I'm Irish, but I am a royalist and I believe in fantasy.
- Philip Treacy
19. "I'll meet you at the altar" "I'll be the one in white!"
- Stephenie Meyer
20. My husband and I click wedding rings sometimes and say, 'By the power of the Castle of Greyskull!'
- Tamora Pierce TWEET THIS
21. I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, a church filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, he said one that would make me his wife.
22. The Oriole weds his mottled mate, the Lily weds the bee; Heaven's marriage ring is round the earth, let me bind thee?
23. When I design a wedding dress with a bustle, it has to be one the bride can dance in. I love the idea that something is practical and still looks great.
- Vera Wang
24. Many people spend more time in planning the wedding than they do in planning the marriage.
- Zig Ziglar
25. A special wish for a lovely couple: may the love that blossoms in your hearts this day only be the foundation upon which larger monuments of togetherness are to be built.
26. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times with the same person. TWEET THIS
27. A wedding bond signifies the unification of two hearts. May the seeds of love continue to grow through the sands of time, and bring plenty of joyous fruits for you both.
28. As we witness two hearts unite as one, we pray your unity will always remain strong by letting the chords of love that bind you strengthen over time. Many warm wishes on your wedding.
29. As you venture into a new journey of life holding each other’s hands with vows of love, devotion, and loyalty, wishes that the fragrance of your love keep spreading with time.
30. Best wishes to both of you on your special day! May the future be bright, and filled with all of the blessings and joys of life. You two deserve it!
31. Blessings to the happy couple! May your commitment deepen, your joy increase, and your love grow stronger from this day forward.
32. Congratulations on your wedding! What an honor to be part of your special day and witness the blooming love between two dear friends transcend into a lifetime commitment. May your love only deepen and your joy only grow with each passing year.
33. Congratulations! May you strive to bring each other up and build a huge house along the way.
34. Enjoy your time together, and bring on the babies!
35. Finally, the day has arrived. As you both set out to start a new life of togetherness, here’s to wishing that you keep falling in love with each other time and time again in the future.
36. Heartfelt congratulations on your marriage. May your bond last forever, and should it ever change, may it change to a firmer and better one.
37. Heartiest congratulations on your marriage. May your marriage be like a cloudless night sky, filled with sparkling stars of love, joy and care.
38. I hope you enjoy all of the pleasures that togetherness brings in life. May your life hereafter be filled with happiness and delights. Good luck on the days to come.
39. Let good luck and understanding stay with you forever – congratulations!
40. Love one another and you will be happy. It’s as simple, and as difficult, as that!
41. Marriage is not just an auspicious bond. It is a journey that lasts until the end of eternity. Here’s to wishing that the both of you have a memorable and joyful ride.
42. Marriage is the meeting of two hearts to share love, and pain, and still be one.
43. May the love you express to each other today, always be the first thoughts during any hard time in the future.
44. May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past. (Irish Blessing)
45. May you prosper with wealth in this life as a couple as you grow in love together.
46. May your bride never forget: “My money is my money and your money is my money.
47. May your life be fulfilled with each others company, and that you may grow old and happy together.
48. Never forget that the love of your life gives you the courage you need succeed in this marriage.
49. Our delight knows no bounds on the day of your wedding. We wish that you carry this serene bond from strength to strength with each passing day.
50. Remember the groom’s golden rule: “happy wife, happy life”
51. Remember the love you feel today. Reflect on it daily, and measure how much it’s grown.
52. Sharing a dream is life’s most valuable gift; that’s why everyone wishes you a very happy, wonderful life.
53. This momentous occasion marks the start of your life together. May the journey be a happy one filled with peace and harmony, joy and laughter, and romance and passion. May your enduring love be the crown jewel that ties together all the rest. Best wishes!
54. Warmest wishes on your wedding day. May your mutual trust grow with every passing moment. We look forward to seeing you grow old together.
55. We are really glad to be a part of your special day. May the years to come bring loads of joy and fill your lives with unbounded love.
56. Wish you the most joy and happiness through your loyalty for each other.
57. Wishing the both of you a bountiful life, with lots of spiritual nourishment and love!
58. Wishing the groom to never fail to forget the words “Yes Love.”
59. Wishing you a healthy family and generations of beautiful children.
60. Wishing you a very happy life, now that you are finally out of my house, I love you even more!
61. Wishing you all the health and happiness in the world on your wedding.
62. Wishing you many more days as happy as this one, many more occasions for celebration, and a lifetime of love and laughter.
63. Wishing you the best, but don’t smother each other. Nothing can grow in the shade. TWEET THIS
64. Wishing you the joy and happiness that marriage can bring. Remember to kiss every night before bed.
65. With the warmest wishes to a very special couple, may the bond of marriage unify your souls and bring out all that is good in the both of you.
ps. See also positive words that can be used to describe weddings and engagement.
Two very special people - one special day. On this beautiful and lovely occasion I wish you showers of love.
As you wed today, I wish you a life together filled with love, laughter and happiness from this moment throughout eternity!
You both look great together. May Lord pour all his warmth and care on your lovely life ahead.
A special day to remember with good times to last,
With memories which be remembered long after it's past.
The kind that brings love and joy with each wish
Hope your wedding day is special like this.
Wishing you will overcome all the winds in your life and your love will grow even stronger. Have a great marriage!
Just "I do" it! Congratulations on your marriage!
As you unite today in a marriage
Wishing you love, wishing you courage,
May you be full of joy today
And the God shine his light on your way!
I'm so glad that you have taken such a big step together! I pray and wish happiness for both of you on this special day of your wedding!
Love is old, love is new,
Love is all, love is you!
Best wishes to a happy couple!
Your happy day may come and go,
But may your love will shine and grow!
Marriage congratulations quotes, special greetings for great marriage, loving wishes for wedding day. A special day to remember with good times to last.
by Linda Harrison
The time has come to stand side by side
The Groom in his glory, his beautiful Bride.
They've waited so long for this moment in time
To take their vows and say, "Will you be mine?"
Marriage is precious and to be treasured.
The love that you have can never be measured.
It joins you as one, not just with a ring,
But a future together and what it will bring.
Keep the love alive and make it last.
Remember the good times don't live in the past.
The bond that you have shows the world that you care,
Not just for yourselves, but for the family you share.
Who knows what the future may hold.
Stay strong together until you grow old.
Be there for each other, keep good memories alive.
With love and respect you will always survive.
Today is your day to cherish forever,
Never forget what brought you together.
This special time is just for you,
A time to remember when you've said "I do."
A passage from Captain Corellis Mandolin
by Louis de Bernières
Love is a temporary madness,
it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides.
And when it subsides you have to make a decision.
You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together
that it is inconceivable that you should ever part.
Because this is what love is.
Love is not breathlessness,
it is not excitement,
it is not the promulgation of eternal passion.
That is just being in love which any fool can do.
Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away,
and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.
Those that truly love, have roots that grow towards each other underground,
and when all the pretty blossom have fallen from their branches,
they find that they are one tree and not two.
Writing messages for wedding cards doesn't have to be difficult! Best wishes on this wonderful journey, as you build your new lives together.