Any accomplishment is the result of hard work, strong dedication, and courage Give your best in the future and I wish you achieve every success in your life.
Last Updated on
Are you looking for hard work quotes that are both inspiring and motivating?
If so, you have come to the right place!
In the following article, you will discover 100 hard work quotes that come from a variety of business and thought leaders.
Not only will they provide guidance on how to take your job to the next level, but they can also provide that extra nudge to make things happen in all aspects of your life. These sayings can also be the catalyst for building great work habits. Whether you want to motivate yourself, your co-workers or the important people in your life, you'll find that perfect quote about working hard.
Let's get to the following quotes to succeed at your job.
(Side note: If you'd like to start your morning on the “right foot” then join over 1 million others and start your day with the latest news from Wall St. to Silicon Valley. This newsletter is a 5-minute read that's informative, witty, and FREE!)
What You Will Learn
Would you rather watch an inspiring video on quotes about hard work? If so, we put together many of the quotes from this page and turned them into a motivational video.
So, sit back, press the play button, and enjoy the content! (And if you'd like to enjoy more actionable habit-related videos, then be sure to subscribe to our brand new YouTube Channel.)
“Hard work is a prison sentence only if it does not have meaning. Once it does, it becomes the kind of thing that makes you grab your wife around the waist and dance a jig.”– Malcolm Gladwell
“When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everyone will respect you.”– Lao Tzu, Chinese philosopher
“There are people who try to look as if they are doing a good and thorough job, and then there are the people who actually damn well do it, for its own sake.”– John D. MacDonald
“A man is worked upon by what he works on. He may carve out his circumstances, but his circumstances will carve him out as well.”– Frederick Douglass
“No one understands and appreciates the American Dream of hard work leading to material rewards better than a non-American.”– Anthony Bourdain
“All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.” – Calvin Coolidge
“Those at the top of the mountain didn't fall there.” – Unknown
The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense. — Thomas Edison
“Don’t give up. The beginning is always the hardest. Life rewards those who work hard at it.” – Unknown
“Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
“You wasted $150,000 on an education you could have got for a buck fifty in late charges at the public library.” – Matt Damon (Good Will Hunting)
“I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.”– Thomas Jefferson
“Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don’t turn up at all.” – Sam Ewing
“Quality is much better than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.” – Steve Jobs
“Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.”– Newt Gingrich
Success isn't always about greatness. It's about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.– Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
“Without labor, nothing prospers.”– Sophocles
“It's not about money or connections – it's the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone.”– Mark Cuban
“Make each day your masterpiece.”– John Wooden
“Life without endeavor is like entering a jewel mine and coming out with empty hands.”– Japanese Proverb
“This is the real secret of life – to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.”– Alan Watts
“All good work requires self-revelation.”– Sidney Lumet
Work is not always easy. Sometimes it can be downright difficult.
That is when these inspirational quotes about hard work from achievers, doers, athletes, stars, entrepreneurs, authors, and our heroes mean the most. The authors of these quotes have been there and done it. They have achieved success in their lives from the hard work they have put in.
Now they are just about sharing their thoughts and quotes with others trying to instill the principles they learned with time and dedication onto a new generation. For more on the challenges that many people have faced, learn about some famous people who found success after failing and then focus on building a few of these 203 good habits into your life.
I don’t know about you; I am a sucker for sayings that emphasizing a great work ethic. The truth is you can overcome almost any challenge by putting your nose to the grindstone and putting in a lot of effort. There's something so powerful about being able to do whatever it takes to get the success you desire.
Let’s face it… Reality doesn’t always work out as cleanly as some of these quotes. Sometimes it isn't about how smart you are, it's about how hard you work. For example, people doing these bad productivity habits may be doing something, but they aren’t getting the things they need accomplished.
If you want to get a better idea on what you could be doing to get the success you desire to check out what 43 experts have to say when it comes to the #1 success habit.
“I work very hard, and I play very hard. I'm grateful for life. And I live it – I believe life loves the lover of it. I live it.”– Maya Angelou
“A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.”– Colin Powell
“Leadership is more than just being able to cross the t's and dot the i's. It's about character and integrity and work ethic.”– Steve Largent
“The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!”– Marvin Phillips
“Developing a good work ethic is key. Apply yourself at whatever you do, whether you're a janitor or taking your first summer job because that work ethic will be reflected in everything you do in life.”– Tyler Perry
“Who you are tomorrow begins with what you do today.”– Tim Fargo
“Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.” – Sam Ewing
“Dreams don’t work unless you do.”– John C. Maxwell
“The difference between greed and ambition is a greedy person desires things he isn't prepared to work for.”– Habeeb Akande
“Success is dependent upon the glands – sweat glands.”– Zig Ziglar
“I would rather risk wearing out than rusting out.”– Theodore Roosevelt
“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”– Abraham Lincoln
“If you work hard enough and assert yourself and use your mind and imagination, you can shape the world to your desires.”– Malcolm Gladwell
“The best way to learn is by doing. The only way to build a strong work ethic is getting your hands dirty.”– Alex Spanos
“When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all.”– Theodore Roosevelt
Nobody ever drowned in his own sweat.– Ann Landers
“I'm a firm believer in if you work hard, you should play hard. So, I try to keep my life as balanced as possible to keep my sanity.”– Alicia Sacramone
“Enjoy life, study hard, play hard, be kind to other people, set high standards, and don't be afraid to say ‘No.‘”– Nia Long
“Every time you stay out late; every time you sleep in; every time you miss a workout; every time you don’t give 100% – You make it that much easier for me to beat you.”– Unknown
“A good work ethic is not so much a concern for hard work but rather one for responsibility. There have been a great many men and women who have, in fact, used work or hustle or selfish ambition as an escape from real responsibility, an escape from purpose. In matters such as these, the hard work is just as dysfunctional as the sloth.”– Criss Jami
“Choices and decisions must be supported by your passion, resolve, and a productive work ethic. If these meet opportunity – your success has finally come.”– Archibald Marwizi
“Face your problems head-on. Do what you have to do to take care of it. Develop a good work ethic.”– George Chuvalo
“Every beautiful mind has great dreams, but rarely is anyone ever ready to work hard for their dreams.”– Terry Mark
Sports are such a clear indicator of the extra hard effort that can be put into work (whatever work it is) to get those supreme results.
This article on goal setting showcases many Olympic athletes and the extreme hard work they put in to be in the top .001% of their professions in the world, and how they go about making plans to get there.
Want to achieve more success? Then check out 50+ of our favorite success quotes.
I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.– Michael Jordan
“It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up.”– Vince Lombardi
“Never give up! Failure and rejection are only the first steps to succeeding.”– Jim Valvano
“Most people give up when they are about to achieve success. They quit on the one-yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from the winning touchdown.”– Ross Perot
“It ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!” – Rocky Balboa
“If you train hard, you’ll not only be hard; you’ll be hard to beat.”– Hershel Walker
“You’re never a loser until you quit trying.”– Mike Ditka
“Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.”– Ted Williams
“It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.”– Vince Lombardi
“Never give up, never give in, and when the upper hand is ours, may we have the ability to handle the win with the dignity that we absorbed the loss.”– Doug Williams
“If you can’t outplay them, outwork them.”– Ben Hogan
“Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.”– Bo Jackson
“Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement.”– Matt Biondi
“You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is a real joy.”- Arthur Ashe
“Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.”– George Halas
“To uncover your true potential, you must first find your own limits, and then you have to have the courage to blow past them.”– Picabo Street
To uncover your true potential you must first find your own limits and then you have to have the courage to blow past them.” – Picabo Street
“In baseball and in business, there are three types of people. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened.”– Tommy Lasorda
“The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.”– Arnold Schwarzenegger
“I never left the field saying I could have done more to get ready, and that gives me peace of mind.”– Peyton Manning
Want to find that perfect quote for your job? Then here are 22 of our favorite says about putting in that extra effort at your place of employment.
You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.— Jack London
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right.”– Henry Ford
“There is simply no substitute for hard work when it comes to achieving success.”– Heather Bresch
“Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.”– Pele
“When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”— Paulo Coelho
“The road to success is not easy to navigate, but with hard work, drive, and passion, it's possible to achieve the American dream.”— Tommy Hilfiger
“Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”– Mark Twain
“Life is like art. You have to work hard to keep it simple and still have meaning.”— Charles de Lint
“You will never plow a field if you only turn it over in your mind.”— Irish Proverb
“We can each define ambition and progress for ourselves. The goal is to work toward a world where expectations are not set by the stereotypes that hold us back, but by our personal passion, talents, and interests.”– Sheryl Sandberg
Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don't give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm, and genuine people.– Tena Desae
“The only way to achieve the impossible is to believe it is possible.”— Charles Kingsleigh
“Do or do not. There is no try.”— Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back
“Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity.”— Seneca
“Someday is not a day of the week.”– Janet Daily
“Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.”— Colin Powell
If you go to work on your goals, your goals will go to work on you. If you go to work on your plan, your plan will go to work on you. Whatever good things we build end up building us.— Jim Rohn
“I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.”— Stephen Covey
“Don't work for recognition but do work worthy of recognition.”– H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
“I would visualize things coming to me. It would just make me feel better. Visualization works if you work hard. That’s the thing. You can’t just visualize and go eat a sandwich.”— Jim Carrey
“Whatever your life's work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better.”– Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sometimes finding the balance between our hard work life and our family life can be a difficult thing to manage. The following five quotes are here to remind you that while hard work is important – so is living your life.
“Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”– Dolly Parton
“Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.”– John D. Rockefeller
“Work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. The other four balls – family, health, friends, and integrity – are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered.”– Gary Keller
“We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of time we put in.”– Arianna Huffington
“The key is in not spending time, but in investing it.”– Stephen R. Covey
“The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot.”– Michael Altshuler
Finally, let's finish off with a few famous quotes about success…
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.– Winston S. Churchill
“The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.”– Colin R. Davis
“Opportunities don't happen. You create them.”– Chris Grosser
“I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.”– Thomas Jefferson
“There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.”– Ray Goforth
Hopefully, these words from famous people have done their job to give you the motivation to accomplish some amazing things in both your personal and professional life.
Inspirational quotes for work like the ones above are a good way to start your day on the right foot and motivate you to succeed. Whether you are an entrepreneur, athlete, or simply someone face tough times at work, these quotes to inspire that lift you up and give you the helping hand you need to get through a tough week and persevere.
And if you feel like you're failing to take action on your ideas, then I recommend checking out this detailed article on 14 different methods for overcoming procrastination in your life.
Finally, If you'd like to start your morning on the “right foot” then join over 1 million others and start your day with the latest news from Wall St. to Silicon Valley. This newsletter is a 5-minute read that's informative, witty, and FREE!
Like this post?
How do you feel about hard work? Do these words inspire you to do better, or are they just a waste of time? Have a quote that helps you get things in your life? If so, please share your thoughts on these hard quotes in the comments below and share some of the hard work quote and pictures on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, or your favorite social media platform. Share and tweet your favorites to show others that working hard can lead to success.
Exam Wishes: 1. Let your hard work propel you to a speed so fast that good luck has no choice but to ride with a winner like you. All the best for your exams. 2.
There’s a certain ingredient to success that most high achievers give a lot of credit to for their successes. Traces of this ingredient can be found in just about every success story.
Pick up any book on success, and this key success ingredient usually jumps out at you in the first few chapters. Watch any documentary or read any autobiography of high achievers who have accomplished what you aspire to do, and you’ll always hear them hint at what they owe their success to.
Often, we’re even blatantly told what separates the winners from the losers in life. Yet, we still fail to embrace this crucial success ingredient. Perhaps, it’s because it’s too simple. Or, perhaps it’s because it is rarely pleasant, and never easy. And well, most people like things to be pleasant and they love when things are easy.
But success can’t be found in either of those things. No, but it can be found in their opposites.
So, what’s the secret ingredient?
Put simply, it’s HARD WORK!
That’s right, hard work is one of the key ingredients to achievement that anyone can stake a claim in. Working hard and having a strong work ethic is available to everyone.
What this means is that anyone can decide to achieve more. It means that succeeding at a higher level is always a choice. It means just about anyone can make up their minds to win at this thing called life by simply choosing to embrace the pain, the discomfort, and the effort that goes into that creation process known as labor. Yes, hard work, labor, and toil is where all success stems.
But, don’t just take my word for it.
Read these badass hard work quotes from the people who have done what it takes to succeed in life. Let them move you to new levels of intensity and action towards doing your work. The result can only be a stronger work ethic. Behold:
1. “Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.” – Peter Drucker
2. “Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
3. “If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all.” – Michelangelo
4. “Success isn’t owned. It’s leased, and rent is due every day.” – J. J. Watt
5. “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.” – Kevin Durant
6. “If you train hard, you’ll not only be hard, you’ll be hard to beat.” – Hershel Walker
7. “I’ve got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.” – Larry Bird
8. “Sometimes there’s not a better way. Sometimes there’s only the hard way.” – Mary E. Pearson
9. “All wealth is the product of labor.” ―John Locke
10. “Hard work without talent is a shame, but talent without hard work is a tragedy.” – Robert Half
11. “Diamonds are nothing more than chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs.” – Malcolm Forbes
12. “The highest reward for a man’s toil is not what he gets for it but what he becomes by it.” – John Ruskin
13. “Success is dependent upon the glands – sweat glands.” – Zig Ziglar
14. “I would rather risk wearing out than rusting out.” – Theodore Roosevelt
15. “Be humble. Be hungry. And always be the hardest worker in the room.” – Dwayne Johnson
16. “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” – Derek Jeter
17. “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
18. “Genius begins great works; labor alone finishes them.” ―Joseph Joubert
19. “Nobody can think straight who does not work. Idleness warps the mind.” – Henry Ford
20. “If you can’t outplay them, outwork them.” – Ben Hogan
21. “Life grants nothing to us mortals without hard work.” – Horace
22. “I would visualize things coming to me. It would just make me feel better. Visualization works if you work hard. That’s the thing. You can’t just visualize and go eat a sandwich.”
— Jim Carrey
23. “Hard work doesn’t guarantee success, but improves its chances.” – B.J. Gupta
24. “There is no substitute for hard work.” – Thomas Edison
25. “The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.” – Thomas A. Edison
26. “We forget that every good that is worth possessing must be paid for in strokes of daily effort. We postpone and postpone, until those smiling possibilities are dead.” – William James
27. “Work keeps at bay three great evils: boredom, vice, and need.” ―Voltaire
28. “The highest compliment that you can pay me is to say that I work hard every day”– Wayne Gretzky
29. “I think the thing about that was I was always willing to work; I was not the fastest or biggest player but I was determined to be the best football player I could be on the football field and I think I was able to accomplish that through hard work.” – Jerry Rice
30. “All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.” – Calvin Coolidge
31. “Employment is nature’s physician, and is essential to human happiness.” – Galen
32. “The road to success is not easy to navigate, but with hard work, drive and passion, it’s possible to achieve the American dream.” – Tommy Hilfiger
33. “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” – Stephen King
34. “If you work hard enough and assert yourself, and use your mind and imagination, you can shape the world to your desires.” – Malcolm Gladwell
35. “I believe that opportunity looks a lot like hard work.” – Ashton Kutcher
36. “Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goals: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.” – Louis Pasteur
37. “I’m always kind of doing something — there’s never really any downtime.” – Henry Rollins
38. “I can say the willingness to get dirty has always defined us as an nation, and it’s a hallmark of hard work and a hallmark of fun, and dirt is not the enemy.” – Mike Rowe
39. “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
40. “Winners embrace hard work. They love the discipline of it, the trade-off they’re making to win. Losers, on the other hand, see it as punishment. And that’s the difference.” – Lou Holtz
41. “Without labor nothing prospers.” – Sophocles
42. “It’s only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy, and resolute courage , that we move on to better things.” – Theodore Roosevelt
43. “The best things in life make you sweaty.” – Edgar Allan Poe
44. Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted.” – David Bly
45. “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” – Bruce Lee
46. Hard work opens doors and shows the world that you are serious about being one of those rare – and special – human beings who use the fullness of their talents to do their very best.
47. “I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed.” – Booker T. Washington
48. “The most important thing about art is to work. Nothing else matters except sitting down every day and trying.” – Steven Pressfield
49. “Success in business requires training and discipline and hard work. But if you’re not frightened by these things, the opportunities are just as great today as they ever were.” – David Rockefeller
50. “Some people dream of success while others wake up and work hard at it.” – Napoleon Hill
And that’s that my friends! The 50 baddest work ethic quotes you’ll find…any where.
If quotes move you like they move me, chances are high you are feeling some fire stirring within you right about now. If this is the case for you, then great! But, don’t just sit there. Use the energy and motivation these hard work quotes just ignited within you to achieve something great. Let’s put this new fired-up work ethic to the test, and get to work!
Till next time,
PS – If you liked these handful of hard work quotes, then you’ll really enjoy these killer quotes on effort.
Hard work quotes will help you get you started, but you’ll need this to go the distance.
Happy occasions deserve a proper celebration!
Whether it’s a new arrival in the family, new job, new house or simply a start of a new chapter in life, toast to the changes and let your loved ones know that you are happy for them.
Adding a bottle of wine or sending beautiful flowers doesn’t her either, right?
sources: congratulationmessages.blogspot, dgreetings.com, congratulationsto.com and wishesmessagessayings.com
Lily Calyx is our in-house flower whisperer, an expert on all things botanical and an enthusiastic orchids collector. She loves discussing the insights of the secret world of flowers, shares her gardening tips and hacks and moons over the latest additions to Serenata Flowers flower range. Ask Lily anything about flowers and we can guarantee she will have the answer.
This list of 50 best thank you for your hard work and dedication quotes that show I wish you many years of great achievements. ------ Give the world the best you.
Successful people don’t become that way overnight. What most people see at a glance—happiness, wealth, a great career, purpose—is the result of hard work and hustle over time.
Related: 5 Characteristics of Highly Successful People
To be successful, you have to use each day as an opportunity to improve, to be better, to get a little bit closer to your goals. It might sound like a lot of work—and with a busy schedule, next to impossible. But the best part is, the more you accomplish, the more you’ll want to do, the higher you’ll want to reach. So as long as you have the hunger for success, you will always have the power within you to achieve it.
Use your ambition, drive and desire—along with these 17 motivational quotes—to make it happen.
Related:17 Motivational Quotes to Help You Achieve Your Dreams
Lydia Sweatt is the web producer for SUCCESS.com. She recently earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Texas at Arlington and is a Dallas native. She enjoys painting, a hefty taco and discovering new music.
Posted in Motivation, Success
← TED Talks: ‘Tony Robbins: Why We Do What We Do’Do You Have Adaptability? →
Looking for inspirational sports quotes for athletes by athletes about working . “ The highest compliment that you can pay me is to say that I work hard every day, .