If you look closely, you'll notice the energy of inspiration is all around. And the best part is that every day is a chance to capture this energy—to “Let your life lightly dance on the edges of time like dew on the tip of a leaf.
Great quotes can be inspirational and motivational. They can guide your life, love and career. Here are 50 of the best.
6 min read
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
Great quotes can be inspirational and motivational. You can use quotes to help guide your decisions in life, work and love. Here are 50 of the best inspirational quotes to motivate you:
A version of this article first appeared at TalentSmart.com.
Related: 12 Things Successful People Never Reveal About Themselves at Work
“The best revenge is massive success.” – Frank Sinatra. 16.) “It is time for us all to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever – the one who recognizes the.
1. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” -Henry Ford
2. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein
3. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” -Mark Twain
6. “With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” -Steven Weinberg
7. “Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.” -Zig Ziglar
8. “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
9. “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” -Willie Nelson
11. “When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal; you do not change your decision to get there.” -Zig Ziglar
12. “People must learn to hate. And if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love.” -Nelson Mandela
13. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.
14. “Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you’re supposed to.” -Susan Cain
16. “A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make toughdecisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent.” -Douglas MacArthur
17. “Life doesn’t run away from nobody. Life runs at people.” -Joe Frazier
18. “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” -Bill Cosby
19. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” -Les Brown
21. “A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them and strong enough to correct them.” -John C.Maxwell
22. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.“ -Thomas A.Edison
23. “Failure is not the opposite of success. It’s part of success.” -Arianna Huffington
24. “No one has ever become poor by giving.” -Anne Frank
26. “Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.” -John F.Kennedy
27. “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” -Mark Twain
28. “Don’t let the voice of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice.” -Steve Jobs
29. “Leadership is a privilege to better the lives of others. It is not an opportunity to satisfy personal greed.” -Mwai Kibabi
31. “If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” -Roald Dahl
32. “I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” –Arthur Rubinstein
33. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic. It takes sweat,determination, and hard work.” -Colin Powell
34. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures. Learn from them and start again.” –Richard Branson
36. “Fear is the main source of superstition and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.” -Bertrand Russell
37. “Nothing will work unless you do.” -Maya Angelou
38. “Don’t aim for success if you want it. Just do what you love and believe in, and it will come eventually.” -David Frost
39. “Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you.” -Mother Teresa
41. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” -Mary Kay Ash
42. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” -Dalai Lama
43. “You are responsible for your life. You can’t keep blaming somebody else for your dysfunction. Life is really about moving on.” -Oprah Winfrey
44. “Luck is predictable. The harder you work, the luckier you get.” -Brian Tracy
46. “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.” -Corrie Ten Boom
47. “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” -Oprah Winfrey
48. “To acquire knowledge, one must study. But to acquire wisdom, one must observe.” -Marilyn Vos Savant
49. “You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward.” -Conrad Hall
Inspirational quotes can have the power to motivate us, lift our spirit and help us to have more belief in ourselves. The following collection of inspirational quotes are from wonderful people from all over the world and throughout history. It is a wonderful mix of quotes from philosophers, motivational speakers, writers and even presidents.
These quotes are not only some of the most inspirational quotes of all time, they are also some of the most famous quotes about life, happiness and success!
Take a few minutes to read these inspirational quotes if you want a positive boost and you want to start feeling highly motivated and totally inspired.
50 Most Inspirational Quotes Of All Time
1. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. – Confucius
2. Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
3. All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. – Walt Disney
4. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. – Mark Twain
5. Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better. ― Jim Rohn
6. The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new – Socrates
7. Setting goals is the first step into turning the invisible into the visible. – Tony Robbins
8. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. – Maya Angelou
9. Decide upon your major definite purpose in life and then organize all your activities around it. –Brian Tracy
10. Becoming strong doesn’t start in the gym. It starts in your head.
11. Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value. –Albert Einstein
12. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. – Benjamin Franklin
13. Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. – George Addair
14. If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want. – Zig Ziglar
15. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. – Aristotle
16. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. –Eleanor Roosevelt
17. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. – Steve Jobs
18. Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. – Og Mandino
19. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way. – Napoleon Hill
20. Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine. ― Roy T. Bennett
21. Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change.
22. No man is free who is not master of himself. – Epictetus
23. Decide what you want. Believe you can have it. Believe you deserve it and believe it’s possible for you. – Jack Canfield
24. Keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you. – Walt Whitman
25. When you know what you want, and want it bad enough, you’ll find a way to get it. – Jim Rohn
26. The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. – Mark Twain
27. Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. – Oscar Wilde
28. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. – Eleanor Roosevelt
29. Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. – Les Brown
30. Go the extra mile, there’s no one on it. – Grant Cardone
31. It is never too late to be what you might have been. – George Eliot
32. When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful. – Eric Thomas
33. A bad attitude is like a flat tire, you can’t get very far until you change it.
34. The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
35. When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch you. – Lolly Daskal
36. Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later. – Og Mandino
37. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. – Henry David Thoreau
38. We are all here for some special reason. Stop being a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future. – Robin Sharma
39. Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others. – Cicero
40. Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out. – John Wooden
41. I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. – Stephen Covey
42. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be. – Zig Ziglar
43. You have to be odd to be number one. – Dr. Seuss
44. You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. – John C. Maxwell
45. Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm. – Winston Churchill
46. Believe you can and you’re halfway there. – Theodore Roosevelt
47. Take action, an inch of movement will bring you closer to your goals than a mile of intention. – Steve Maraboli
48. I believe that the only courage anybody ever needs is the courage to follow your own dreams. – Oprah Winfrey
49. Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. – John Wooden
50. Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve. ― Napoleon Hill
I hope that you enjoyed this collection of some of the most inspirational quotes of all time. Please share these quotes with your friends, family and anyone else who will enjoy them.
Inspirational quotes and business advice from uber successful CEO's. Bookmark it now to keep “Any time is a good time to start a company.
Starting a business is tough. And not just practically, or financially — emotionally, too. Which is why these top inspirational business quotes are so valuable.
Each of these business quotes is a bite-sized morsel of wisdom, capable of injecting that much-needed hit of inspiration, encouragement, and motivation.
So, when you’re exhausted, frustrated, anxious, worried, or just plain freaking out, read these motivational business quotes.
But don’t just scan through these business quotes.
Try to think about how each one applies to your business.
Read. Re-read. Reflect. Apply.
Okay, let’s get stuck into the top business quotes!
These business quotes are a gamechanger. Get ready for some inspiration and action-packed advice.
1. “The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old but on building the new.” — Socrates, father of Western philosophy (Click to tweet)
2. “Always deliver more than expected.” — Larry Page, co-founder of Google (Click to tweet)
3. “Don’t take too much advice. Most people who have a lot of advice to give — with a few exceptions — generalize whatever they did. Don’t over-analyze everything. I myself have been guilty of over-thinking problems. Just build things and find out if they work.” — Ben Silbermann, founder of Pinterest (Click to tweet)
4.“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” — John Quincy Adams, 6th President of the United States (Click to tweet)
5. “Every time we launch a feature, people yell at us.” — Angelo Sotira, co-founder of deviantART (Click to tweet)
6.“Be undeniably good. No marketing effort or social media buzzword can be a substitute for that.” — Anthony Volodkin, founder of Hype Machine (Click to tweet)
7. “What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone, know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.” — Dave Thomas, Founder of Wendy’s (Click to tweet)
8. “If you can’t feed a team with two pizzas, it’s too large.” — Jeff Bezos, Founder and CEO of Amazon (Click to tweet)
9. “If people like you, they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you, they’ll do business with you.” — Zig Ziglar, author, salesman, and motivational speaker (Click to tweet)
10. “If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.” — Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn (Click to tweet)
11. “The value of an idea lies in the using of it.” — Thomas Edison, co-founder of General Electric (Click to tweet)
12. “The stars will never align, and the traffic lights of life will never all be green at the same time. The universe doesn’t conspire against you, but it doesn’t go out of its way to line up the pins either. Conditions are never perfect. ‘Someday’ is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you. Pro and con lists are just as bad. If it’s important to you and you want to do it ‘eventually,’ just do it and correct course along the way.” — Tim Ferriss, author of The 4-Hour Work Week (Click to tweet)
Tim Ferriss business quotes are always so on point.
13. “Make every detail perfect and limit the number of details to perfect.” — Jack Dorsey, co-founder of Twitter (Click to tweet)
14. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” — Steve Jobs, co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Apple Inc. (Click to tweet)
15. “Always look for the fool in the deal. If you don’t find one, it’s you.” — Mark Cuban, AXS TV Chairman and entrepreneur (Click to tweet)
16. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” — Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft (Click to tweet)
Bill Gates business quotes are so full of wisdom.
17. “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.” — Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook (Click to tweet)
18. “If you define yourself by how you differ from the competition, you’re probably in trouble.” — Omar Hamoui, co-founder of AdMob (Click to tweet)
19. “Wonder what your customer really wants? Ask. Don’t tell.” — Lisa Stone, co-founder and CEO of BlogHer (Click to tweet)
20. “When you find an idea that you just can’t stop thinking about, that’s probably a good one to pursue.” — Josh James, CEO and co-founder of Omniture (Click to tweet)
Are these business quotes inspiring you yet? No? Then keep reading…!
21. “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” — Scott Belsky, co-founder of Behance (Click to tweet)
22. “Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” — Golda Meir, fourth Prime Minister of Israel (Click to tweet)
23. “There’s nothing wrong with staying small. You can do big things with a small team.” — Jason Fried, 37signals founder and co-author of Rework (Click to tweet)
24. “The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.” — Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn co-founder (Click to tweet)
25. “Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.” — Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos (Click to tweet)
26. “The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow.” — Ingvar Kamprad, founder of IKEA (Click to tweet)
27. “Nothing works better than just improving your product.” — Joel Spolsky, co-founder of Stack Overflow (Click to tweet)
28. “Get five or six of your smartest friends in a room and ask them to rate your idea.” — Mark Pincus, CEO of Zynga (Click to tweet)
29. “Money is like gasoline during a road trip. You don’t want to run out of gas on your trip, but you’re not doing a tour of gas stations.” — Tim O’Reilly, founder, and CEO of O’Reilly Media (Click to tweet)
30. “Get big quietly, so you don’t tip off potential competitors.” — Chris Dixon, an investor at Andreessen Horowitz (Click to tweet)
Business quotes like this really hit home.
31. “Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” — Steve Jobs, co-founder, Chairman, and CEO of Apple Inc. (Click to tweet)
32. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” — Helen Keller, American author, political activist and lecturer (Click to tweet)
33. “Don’t try to be original, just try to be good.” — Paul Rand, Graphic Designer (Click to tweet)
34. “Always think outside the box and embrace opportunities that appear, wherever they might be.” — Lakshmi Mittal, Chairman & CEO of ArcelorMittal (Click to tweet)
35. “Don’t worry about people stealing your design work. Worry about the day they stop.” — Jeffrey Zeldman, entrepreneur and web designer (Click to tweet)
These inspirational business quotes have some pretty sound advice.
36. “The last 10% it takes to launch something takes as much energy as the first 90%.” — Rob Kalin, founder of Etsy (Click to tweet)
37. “If you’re interested in the living heart of what you do, focus on building things rather than talking about them.” — Ryan Freitas, co-founder of About.me (Click to tweet)
38. “Best startups generally come from somebody needing to scratch an itch.” — Michael Arrington, founder and co-editor of TechCrunch (Click to tweet)
39. “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” — Wayne Huizenga, prolific American business person, owner of Blockbuster Video and the Miami Dolphins. (Click to tweet)
40. “Ideas are easy. Implementation is hard.” — Guy Kawasaki, entrepreneur and co-founder of Alltop (Click to tweet)
41. “An entrepreneur is someone who has a vision for something and a want to create.” — David Karp, founder, and CEO of Tumblr (Click to tweet)
42. “Get a mentor in the applicable field if you’re at all unsure of what you’re looking for.” — Kyle Bragger, founder of Forrst, and co-founder of Exposure (Click to tweet)
43. “Every day that we spent not improving our products was a wasted day.” — Joel Spolsky, co-founder of Stack Overflow (Click to tweet)
44. “Anything that is measured and watched, improves.” — Bob Parsons, founder of GoDaddy (Click to tweet)
45. “Stay self-funded as long as possible.” — Garrett Camp, founder of Expa, Uber, and StumbleUpon (Click to tweet)
We’re going to be throwing in a couple more Tony Hsieh business quotes in here.
46. “Don’t play games that you don’t understand, even if you see lots of other people making money from them.” — Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos (Click to tweet)
47. “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” — Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter (Click to tweet)
48. “Human beings have an innate inner drive to be autonomous, self-determined and connected to one another. And, when that drive is liberated, people achieve more and live richer lives.” — Daniel Pink, author (Click to tweet)
49. “Fortunes are built during the down market and collected in the upmarket.” — Jason Calacanis, founder of LAUNCH Ticker (Click to tweet)
50. “It’s more effective to do something valuable than to hope a logo or name will say it for you.” — Jason Cohen, founder of Smartbear Software (Click to tweet)
Business quotes like this sure do push you towards taking action.
51. “No more romanticizing about how cool it is to be an entrepreneur. It’s a struggle to save your company’s life – and your own skin – every day of the week.” — Spencer Fry, co-founder of CarbonMade (Click to tweet)
52. “You can’t make anything viral, but you can make something good.” — Peter Shankman, founder of HARO (Click to tweet)
53. “Don’t worry about funding if you don’t need it. Today it’s cheaper to start a business than ever.” — Noah Everett, founder of Twitpic (Click to tweet)
54. “Data beats emotions.” — Sean Rad, founder of Tinder (Click to tweet)
This next one is one of my favorite business quotes.
55. “I never dreamed about success, I worked for it.” — Estee Lauder, founder of Estee Lauder Cosmetics (Click to tweet)
56. “I try not to make any decisions that I’m not excited about.” — Jake Nickell, founder and CEO of Threadless (Click to tweet)
57. “See things in the present, even if they are in the future.” — Larry Ellison, co-founder of Oracle (Click to tweet)
58. “You don’t need to have a 100-person company to develop that idea.” — Larry Page, co-founder of Google (Click to tweet)
These business quotes are also great for small businesses.
59. “Ideas are commodity. Execution of them is not.” — Michael Dell, chairman, and CEO of Dell (Click to tweet)
60. “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t – you’re right.” — Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company (Click to tweet)
61. “All humans are entrepreneurs not because they should start companies but because the will to create is encoded in human DNA.” — Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn (Click to tweet)
62. “The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.” — Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft (Click to tweet)
63. “In the end, a vision without the ability to execute it is probably a hallucination.” — Steve Case, co-founder of AOL (Click to tweet)
64. “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.” — Oprah Winfrey, media proprietor (Click to tweet)
65. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” — Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn co-founder (Click to tweet)
66. “Don’t be cocky. Don’t be flashy. There’s always someone better than you.” — Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos (Click to tweet)
These business quotes may be blunt but they’re pretty accurate.
67. “Embrace what you don’t know, especially in the beginning, because what you don’t know can become your greatest asset. It ensures that you will absolutely be doing things different from everybody else.” — Sara Blakely, founder of SPANX (Click to tweet)
68. “Diligence is the mother of good luck.” — Benjamin Franklin, a Founding Father of the United States (Click to tweet)
69. “A person who is quietly confident makes the best leader.” — Fred Wilson, co-founder of Union Square Ventures (Click to tweet)
70. “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.” — Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks (Click to tweet)
These business quotes are on fire.
Let’s continue our list with some of the top inspirational quotes about life that are out there. Every now and then, everyone’s in need to hear about the positive side of life, and the potential it has to offer. These inspirational quotes about life will help empower you to succeed.
71. “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.”– Charles R. Swindoll, author, educator, and radio preacher
72. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” — Walt Disney, founder of the Disney Brother Studio and Disneyland
73. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.” — Stephen Hawking, English theoretical physicist, cosmologist, and author
74. “When I’m old and dying, I plan to look back on my life and say ‘wow, that was an adventure,’ not ‘wow, I sure felt safe.’” — Tom Preston-Werner, co-founder of Github
75. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” – Les Brown, American motivational speaker, author, and former politician
76. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” ― Oprah Winfrey, media proprietor
77. “You Are Never Too Old To Set Another Goal Or To Dream A New Dream.” – C.S. Lewis, British writer
There’s something heartwarming about these motivational quotes about life.
78. “Live each day as if your life had just begun.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, German writer
79. “Lean forward into your life. Begin each day as if it were on purpose.” ―Mary Anne Radmacher, author
80. “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ―Maya Angelou, American poet, singer, and civil rights activist
81. “Do not let the memories of your past limit the potential of your future. There are no limits to what you can achieve on your journey through life, except in your mind.” ― Roy T. Bennett, author
82. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” ― Oprah Winfrey, media proprietor
83. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”― George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright
84. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” — Charles Darwin, English naturalist, geologist and biologist
85. “Education costs money. But then so does ignorance.” – Sir Claus Moser, British statistician
86. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.”– Michael Jordan, American former professional basketball player
Success doesn’t happen overnight. You have to take each day as an opportunity to meet your potential and to improve. Here’s a list of our favorite inspirational quotes about success to get your day started.
87. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” — Henry David Thoreau, essayist, poet, and philosopher
88. “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.” — Tony Robbins, life and business strategist, and author
89. “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” — Colin R. Davis, English conductor for the London Symphony Orchestra
90. “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.” — Thomas J. Watson, 2nd President of IBM, political figure, and philanthropist
91. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” — Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain during World War II
92. “Today’s Accomplishments Were Yesterday’s Impossibilities.” – Robert H. Schuller, American motivational speaker
93. “Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day in and day out.” — Robert Collier, author
94. “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” — Jim Rohn, one of America’s foremost business philosophers
95. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” — Colin Powell, US statesman and retired four-star General in the United States Army
When you’re struggling, inspirational quotes like these can really make a difference.
96. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” — David Brinkley, newscaster for NBC and ABC
97. “Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.” – William Feather, American publisher and author
98. “Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein, theoretical physicist
99. “Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion.” – Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
100. “I never took a day off in my twenties. Not one.” — Bill Gates, Microsoft co-founder
Well done — you’ve made it halfway through our list of the top 200 business quotes!
101. “I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.” – G. K. Chesterton, English writer, poet, and philosopher
102. “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.”— Steve Jobs, co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Apple Inc.
103. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” — Conrad Hilton, Founder of the Hilton Hotels chain
Never give up. Keep chasing your dreams. Life will be hard at times, and the strength lies in not giving up. Take a look at the best inspirational quotes about not giving up.
104. “If you can’t fly then run. If you can’t run, then walk. And, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” — Martin Luther King Jr., leader of the civil rights movement
105. “I got lucky because I never gave up the search. Are you quitting too soon? Or, are you willing to pursue luck with a vengeance?” — Jill Konrath, speaker, author and thought leader
106. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” — Japanese Proverb
107. “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.” — Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States
108. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” — Thomas Edison, entrepreneur and inventor
109. “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” — Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain during World War II
Inspirational quotes like these do a great job at channelling some positive momentum.
110. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does — that makes you a winner right there.” — Venus Williams, American professional tennis player
111. “We May Encounter Many Defeats But We Must Not Be Defeated.” – Maya Angelou, American poet, singer, and civil rights activist
112. “Strength shows not only in the ability to persist, but in the ability to start over.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald, American fiction writer
113. “Let me tell you the secret that has led to my goal. My strength lies solely on my tenacity.”
– Louis Pasteur, French biologist, microbiologist and chemist
114. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” – Earl Nightingale, American radio speaker and author
115. “You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don’t give up.” ― Chuck Yeager, former United States Air Force officer
116. “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.”– Samuel Beckett, Irish avant-garde novelist and playwright
117. “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” — Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft
Hard work helps to turn dreams into reality. These top motivational quotes about working hard will help you get the job done.
118. “So often people are working hard at the wrong thing. Working on the right thing is probably more important than working hard.” — Caterina Fake, Flickr co-founder
119. “If you’re passionate about something and you work hard, then I think you will be successful.”— Pierre Omidyar, founder and chairman of Ebay
120. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” — Thomas Jefferson, Founding Father and President of the United States
121. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” — Paulo Coelho, Brazilian lyricist and novelist
122. “A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” — Colin Powell, US statesman and retired four-star General in the United States Army
123. “There is simply no substitute for hard work when it comes to achieving success.” — Heather Bresch, CEO of Mylan
We hope these quotes are motivating you to work hard toward your goal.
124. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” — Pele, Brazilian retired professional footballer
125. “No great achiever – even those who made it seem easy – ever succeeded without hard work.” — Jonathan Sacks, British author and politician
126. “The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.” — Harry Golden, American writer
127. “There is no substitute for hard work.” — Thomas Edison, entrepreneur and inventor
128. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” — Babe Ruth, American professional baseball player
We all face challenges in life. They can either make you or break you. We’ve compiled a list of our favourite motivational quotes about challenges that will encourage you to keep going.
129. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.”—John D. Rockefeller, American oil industry business magnate
130. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.”— Jim Rohn, American entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker
131. “Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.” — Arianna Huffington, president of The Huffington Post Media Group
132. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” — Eleanor Roosevelt, known as “First Lady of the World” for her human rights advocacy
133. “If you can push through that feeling of being scared, that feeling of taking a risk, really amazing things can happen.” — Marissa Mayer, president & CEO of Yahoo!
134. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” — Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States
135. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine, author
136. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” — Michael Jordan, former professional basketball player
These motivational quotes about challenges have some pretty sound advice.
137. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” — Nelson Mandela, Former President of South Africa, political leader, and philanthropist
138. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey, American educator, author, and businessman
139. “The Ultimate Measure Of A Man Is Not Where He Stands In Moments Of Comfort And Convenience, But Where He Stands At Times Of Challenge And Controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr., leader of the civil rights movement
140. “Being Challenged In Life Is Inevitable, Being Defeated Is Optional.” — Roger Crawford, public speaker, author, and certified tennis professional
141. “Life’s Challenges Are Not Supposed To Paralyze You, They’re Supposed To Help You Discover Who You Are.” — Bernice Johnson Reagon, song leader, composer, and social activist
142. “When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not yet ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back.” – Paulo Coelho, Brazilian lyricist and novelist
143. “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” — Ray Goforth, director of strategy and partnerships at Spredfast
There will be days when things don’t go as planned. You may feel defeated and let down. But that’s a part of life. It’s about how you deal with the failures in life that makes you who you are. Here’s a list of our favorite quotes about overcoming failure, that will motivate you to stay strong in the face of failure.
144. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” — Herman Melville, American novelist
145. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” — Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group
146. “It doesn’t matter how many times you fail. It doesn’t matter how many times you almost get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you because all that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.” — Mark Cuban, entrepreneur, owner of Landmark Theaters and Chairman of AXS TV
147. “I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.” — Jeff Bezos, founder, and CEO of Amazon
148. “The only thing worse than starting something and failing… is not starting something.” — Seth Godin, author, entrepreneur, and blogger
149. “Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.” — Drew Houston, founder and CEO of Dropbox
150. “Failure Will Never Overtake Me If My Determination To Succeed Is Strong Enough.” – Og Mandino, American author
151. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” — George Addair, real-estate developer
152. “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Jack Canfield, American author, motivational speaker, corporate trainer, and entrepreneur
Quotes like these on overcoming fear really give you an inspirational push.
153. “Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” — Thomas Edison, entrepreneur and inventor
154. “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” — Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company
155. “Failure is success if we learn from it.” – Malcolm Forbes, American entrepreneur and publisher of Forbes magazine
156. “Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success. I’ve met people who don’t want to try for fear of failing.” – J.K. Rowling, British novelist
157. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty—six times I’ve been trusted to take the game—winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan, former professional basketball player
Everyone has a bad day once in a while. These motivational quotes are guaranteed to inspire you and bring a smile to your face.
158. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” — Zig Ziglar, American author
159. “I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realise I should have been more specific.”— Lily Tomlin, American actress
160. “The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces.” — Will Rogers, American actor
161. “I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.” – Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father of the United States
162. “When I hear somebody sigh, Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?’” – Sydney Harris, American journalist
163. “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs… one step at a time.” – Joe Girard, American salesman
164. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison, entrepreneur and inventor
165. “You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.” – Sam Levenson, American humorist
166. “Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.“ – Robert Downey Jr., American actor
167. “Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.” – Dale Carnegie, American writer
168. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers, American actor
Movies have a certain memorable aspect about them. They have a unique way of teaching us lessons that stay in our memory. Whether it’s by making us smile, or by moving us to tears, movies have a magic about them. Here are some of the best motivational quotes from movies.
169. ”Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.” – Rocky, Rocky Balboa
170. “Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me. Alright? You dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.” – Chris Gardner, The Pursuit of Happyness
171. “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” – Jordan Belfort, Wolf of the Wall Street
172. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” – Gandalf, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
173. “Great men are not born great, they grow great.” – Vito Corleone, The Godfather
174. “Some people can’t believe in themselves until someone else believes in them first.” – Sean Maguire, Good Will Hunting
175. “Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.” – Alfred, Batman Begins
176. “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
177. “After a while, you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are.” – Shrek, Shrek The Third
178. “Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.” – Benjamin Button, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
179. “What we do in life echoes in eternity.” – Maximus, from Gladiator
180. “Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.” – Alan Turing, The Imitation Game
181. “Every man dies, but not every man really lives.” – William Wallace, Braveheart
182. “Someone I once knew wrote that we walk away from our dreams afraid that we may fail or worse yet, afraid we may succeed.” – Forrester, Finding Forrester
183. “It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choices.” – Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
184. “There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope.” – Stephen Hawking, The Theory of Everything
185. “The accident is your training. Life is a choice. You can choose to be a victim or anything else you’d like to be.” – Socrates, from Peaceful Warrior
186. “In this lifetime, you don’t have to prove nothing to nobody, except yourself. And after what you’ve gone through, if you haven’t done that by now, it ain’t gonna never happen.” – Fortune, Rudy
187. It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. – Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
188. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.” – Rafiki, The Lion King
189. “No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.” – John Keating, Dead Poets Society
190. “You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.” – Eames, Inception
191. “Find a truly original idea. It is the only way I will ever distinguish myself. It is the only way I will ever matter.” – John Nash, A Beautiful Mind
No matter what day of the week it is, this list of motivational quotes about work will help you get through the day.
192. “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” — Steve Jobs, co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Apple Inc.
193. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” —H. Jackson Brown Jr., American author
194. “The more I want to get something done the less I call it work.” — Richard Bach, American writer
195. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” — Muhammad Ali, American professional boxer
196. “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” — Karen Lamb, author
197. “Someday is not a day of the week.” — Janet Dailey, author
198. “What we fear of doing most is usually what we most need to do.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson, essayist, philosopher, and poet
199. “Make each day your masterpiece.” — John Wooden, American basketball player
200. “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” — Aristotle, father of Western philosophy
Okay, that’s a lot of business quotes!
If you haven’t already, make sure to bookmark this page of business quotes now and return to it, to create better habits, every time you need a hit of inspiration or motivation.
One other thing:
Did you notice some of the recurring themes throughout these business quotes?
So, which of these business quotes stood out most to you? Comment below!
They say that wisdom comes with age, and these wise sayings will give you Wisdom is defined as, “the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgement.” Something I've learned in life is that my favorite quotes and sayings can if you spend your whole life unravelling it, don't say that you've wasted time.