Religious birthday messages, Religious birthday wishes, phrases and May God grant you the necessary strength to blow out all of those candles on your cake.
“This is what grace does. It rescues us from our spiritual blindness. It releases us from our bondage to our rationalism and materialism. Grace gives us the faith to be utterly assured of what we cannot see. It frees us from refusing to believe in anything we cannot experience with our physical senses. But grace does more. It connects us to the invisible One in an eternal love relationship that fills us with joy we have never known before and gives us rest of heart that we would have though impossible. And that grace is still rescuing us, because we still tend to forget what is important, real, and true. We still tend to look to the physical world for our comfort. We still fail to remember in given moments that we really do have a heavenly Father. Grace has done a wonderful thing for us and continues to do more and more.”
― Paul David Tripp, New Morning Mercies: A Daily Gospel Devotional
We wish you farewell in your journey to eternity. You'd never be May his soul rest in peace and may God grant you the strength to endure this great pain.
If you are unsure of what to write in a sympathy card, we offer a collection of condolence quotes and messages as examples:
"What moves through us is a silence, a quiet sadness, a longing for one more day, one more word, one more touch. We may not understand why you left this earth so soon, or why you left before we were ready to say good-bye, but little by little, we begin to remember not just that you died, but that you lived. And that your life gave us memories too beautiful to forget"
In Memory of a life so beautifully lived...a heart so deeply loved
The morning glory blooms but for an hour
and yet it differs not at heart
from the giant pine
that lives for a thousand years
--Teitoku Matsunaga, Japanese Poet
"To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die."
"There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
-- Author unknown
"Although it's difficult today to see beyond the sorrow,
May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow"
-- Author unknown
How very softly you tiptoed into our world,
almost silently, only a moment you stayed.
But what an imprint your footsteps have left upon our hearts
Those we love don't go away,
They walk beside us every day,
Unseen, unheard, but always near,
Still loved, still missed and very dear.
Earth hath no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal
-- Thomas Moore
Like a bird singing in the rain,
let grateful memories survive in time of sorrow.
--Robert Louis Stevenson
"Wherever a beautiful soul has been
there is a trail of beautiful memories"
"For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity."
"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
love leaves a memory no one can steal."
--From a headstone in Ireland
"Some people come into our lives,
leave footprints on our hearts,
and we are never the same."
-- Author unknown
"When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,
and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight."
"Perhaps they are not stars in the sky,
but rather openings where our loved ones shine down
to let us know they are happy."
"When you lose someone you love,
you gain an angel you know"
-- Author unknown
"I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death.
They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make.
Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories.
We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love."
"While we are mourning the loss of our friend,
others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil."
"May tender memories soften your grief,
May fond recollection bring you relief,
And may you find comfort and peace in the thought
Of the joy that knowing your loved one brought...
For time and space can never divide
Or keep your loved one from your side.
When memory paints in colors true,
the happy hours that belonged to you."
--Helen Steiner Rice
"There are no goodbyes for us.
Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
The angels are always near to those who are grieving,
to whisper to them that their loved ones are safe in the hand of God.
--Quoted in The Angels' Little Instruction Book by Eileen Elias Freeman
"It is not length of life, but depth of life."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sympathy Biblical Verses
Death is always a difficult subject to deal with. If someone you know has suffered a loss, then the right thing to do is to offer your condolences. Even if you offer them in person, it is also thoughtful to write them down in a sympathy card as well.
The experience of losing a loved one is devastating and can be a very difficult time for the family. When someone dies, it is important for that person’s friends and family members to feel the comfort and support of those around them.
Whether you are a friend, relative, co-worker, or neighbor, if you know about the loss of a loved one, you should definitely offer up your condolences.
Every death is unique. Sometimes a person as lost a father or mother, other times they have lost a child or a spouse. Or maybe this person is even grieving their beloved pet. Maybe the loved one died from old age or maybe they died from an illness or an accident.
It is hard to know the right words to say to a person who has recently lost someone that they love. Below are sympathy quotes for many different occasions. These words can help you express the sympathy that you have for the person who is grieving such a devastating loss.
1. When you have lost someone that you love, you gain an angel that you know.
2. May you find some peace and comfort during this incredibly difficult time.
3. My heart goes out to you and your family as you go through this terrible loss of such a wonderful person.
4. When you find yourself weeping for what you have lost, remember that you are weeping for someone who blessed you with joy. How lucky we are to have all known such a wonderful person.
5. We never truly lose the people that we love, even to death.
6. When you lose someone that you hold dear in your heart, you gain an angel that you know.
7. The loved are unable to die, for love is immortality.
8. To live in the hearts that are left behind is not to die.
9. As we all mourn the loss of your loved one with you, others are rejoicing and meeting him beyond the veil.
10. Graves are the footprints of angels.
11. Some people leave such an impression on our hearts and we are never the same for it. In this way we are lucky, even as we mourn such a sad loss.
12. When you love someone enough, there is no such thing as goodbye.
13. Flowers can grow out of the darkest moments.
14. Grief is the price that we pay for love.
15. A human life is a story told by God.
16. It is not the length of the life, but the depth of the life.
17. Tears our God’s gift to us, for they heal us as they flow.
18. When we grieve, angels are always near us to whisper that our loved ones are safely in the hands of God.
19. When someone that you love becomes a memory, that memory will then become a treasure.
20. May the memories of your loved one give you strength in the days that lie ahead.
21. Keeping you close in my heart as you mourn the loss of your loved one.
22. Keeping you and your family in our minds and hearts as you go through this difficult time.
23. We are keeping the memory of your loved one in our hearts with love and remembrance.
24. We are wishing you strength for today and hope for tomorrow.
25. Today and in the days that follow, know that you are not alone as you mourn your loss.
26. Words will not wipe away your tears and hugs may not ease the pain, but hold onto your memories because forever they will remain.
27. While we are all mourning the loss of our loved one, others are rejoicing as they wait to meet them on the other side.
28. Flowers can grow out of dark moments. Our thoughts are with you during this time of loss.
29. Thinking of you and praying that you receive God’s comfort.
30. For some moments in life, there are no words that can ease the loss and pain that you are going through.
31. Praying that the love of God enfolds you during this time of loss.
32. Do not lose hope. When the sun goes down, the stars come out.
33. Your love one can never be replaced and they will always be remembered by us all.
34. May the soul of your loved one rest in peace.
35. The people that we love never truly go away. They walk at our sides each and every day.
36. What is lovely never dies. It passes into another loveliness like sea foam or stardust.
37. Those who are loved will never die, because to be loved is to be immortal.
38. There are never any true goodbyes for the recently departed will always be in our hearts.
39. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
40. God is our refuge and strength.
41. May you take comfort in the knowledge that there is one more angel in heaven.
42. You may have lost a loved one, but heaven gained another angel.
43. It is hard to forget someone who gave us so much to remember.
44. Let the passing of your loved one inspire us and give us courage with each and every day.
45. A family is a circle of love that is not broken by loss. It is made stronger because of the memories.
46. Death leaves a heartache that nobody can heal and love leaves a memory that no one can steal.
47. The loss of a loved one is as great as the love that is left behind.
48. Everyone that we have loved deeply, becomes a party of us forever.
49. Grief may change shape, but it never ends.
50. Our trials, our sorrows, and our losses are what shape us.
51. Life is never easy, nor is it meant to be. It is simply a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow.
52. Sympathy is two hearts that are tugging at one load.
53. The loss of a loved one is like the loss of a limb.
54. Grief cannot be shared. Everyone carries it around alone in themselves in their own way.
55. God did not promise us days without pain and a life without sorrow. But he did promise us a light for the way and strength to carry us through the day.
56. I wish that I could took all of this pain and sorrow from you, but all I can do is offer my shoulder for you to cry on, my ears to listen, and my hand for you to hold.
57. May the love of friends and family soften your sorrow and sadness.
58. May the cherished memories of your loved one bring you moments of peace.
59. May an everlasting peace surround your heart as it grieves the loss of your loved one.
60. Thinking of you and sending love your way during this sad time.
61. Praying that God will touch you with his healing hand as you endure the pain of this loss.
62. Praising what is lost makes the remembrance dear.
63. Because someone that we love is now in heaven, there is a little piece of heaven here with us.
64. Let us remember your loved one with smiles and laughter, for that is how they would want to be remembered.
65. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
66. I am sorry for your loss. I wish I could make everything better.
67. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you through this time of loss.
68. To say that I am sorry for your loss is not enough. But there are no adequate words for me to express my condolences for you during this difficult time. Just know that I am with you and thinking of you as you go through this great loss.
69. I wish that I could do much more for you than offer my sympathy. Please let me know how I can help.
70. I hope that the sun shines brightly enough on you as you go through this time of darkness and loss.
71. Your loved one will always be remembered in our hearts and in our minds as we share fond memories and stories that will bring joy.
72. May your heart heal over time with the help of the memories of your loved one.
73. May the passing of time bring some peace to your heart as you deal with this profound loss.
74. While we cannot begin to know what you are going through right now, we want to be there for you in your time of need as you deal with the loss of your loved one.
75. The loss of your loved one cannot be easy. But at least they are no longer in pain.
76. I am sorry for the loss of your wife. You can take comfort in knowing that you loved her and did everything that you could do to ease her pain and suffering.
77. My condolences as you grieve the loss of your loved one, who fought their illness so bravely. May he now rest in peace and smile down on us from heaven.
78. After a long battle with his health, your loved one is now gone. It is bittersweet, knowing that he is no longer with us, and at the same time knowing that he is no longer suffering. He will be missed dearly by all who knew him and we pray that you find the strength to heal from this loss.
79. Losing a parent is almost like losing yourself. Who are we without our parents? But your parent will live on in you and we know that you already make them proud.
80. A mother loves her child long before birth and her love will still remain in you long after she is gone.
81. Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but they hold their hearts forever.
82. May the soul of your mother rest in peace.
83. The loss of a mother is something that can never be replaced, but the love of a mother is something that can never be lost.
84. Your mother was a true angel on Earth and now she is a real angel in heaven.
85. Heaven gained an angel with your mother, while we lost one.
86. A mother is our first teacher and friend. I am so sorry for your loss.
87. Your father is a man that I always looked up to. I am sorry for your loss.
88. Your father was the perfect example of what it meant to be a good dad. The proof that he did something good comes down to you.
89. Your father cradled you in his arms and carried you in his heart. Now he is with the Lord and away from harm.
90. Your father was always looking after you and trying to keep you safe, even when you got older. And I know that he will still be looking down and protecting you from heaven.
91. A father is our first protector and hero. I can only imagine how hard this loss must be for you. You have my deepest sympathies.
92. As brief as the life of your child was, it was still a precious one full of joy and love. Their memory will live in our hearts forever.
93. Words cannot fill the void when we lose a child. Sending prayers of healing your way.
94. The loss of a child is the hardest thing that a parent can deal with. Please know that we are here to help you through this time of grief.
95. The loss of a child is something that is so incomprehensible to all of us. We all mourn the loss of your little one with you.
96. Losing a child is the most heartbreaking thing for a parent to go through. You are not alone in this.
97. It was such a blessing to know your little one. You have my deepest condolences.
98. Life does not make sense when you lose a child. I pray that you will find a way to see the beauty in things again as your little one smiles down on you from heaven. My deepest condolences for your loss.
99. Your child was an exceptional human being who was deeply loved and admired by all who knew him. But we all know that you, his parents, loved him most of all. We grieve with you during this difficult time.
100. The bond that exists between you and your child is one that could not be broken, nor can it be easily forgotten. We are very sorry for your loss.
101. The loss of someone so young is such a shock to all of us. We send you our deepest sympathies as you mourn the loss of your child.
102. No matter how short his time with us was, your child was put on this Earth for a reason, if not to bring us all joy.
103. Your husband may no longer be standing there with you in person, but his love will always be by your side. We are sorry for your loss.
104. Love never dies. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your husband.
105. If the bond between two people is strong, even death cannot tear them apart. Our deepest condolences as you mourn your husband.
106. Even though he is no longer with us, no one can take away the wonderful memories of your loving husband.
107. During this very difficult time, I pray that God gives you the strength to get you through the loss of your husband.
108. To leave behind a loving wife and loving family is something that can be very difficult for any of us to understand. While his soul has left, his love will remain with you always.
109. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I can only imagine the grief and immense pain that you must be going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time in your life.
110. Your husband was larger than life and he will be fondly remembered by us all.
111. May the fond memories of your husband stay with you and your children for many years to come. My deepest condolences.
112. The death of your wife has had a profound impact on all of our lives. May she rest in peace and may you and your family find healing during this difficult time.
113. May you find strength in the days ahead as you deal with the loss of your wife.
114. Your wife was one of a kind, truly like nobody else in this world. We will cherish the memories we have of her. Our deepest sympathies for your loss.
115. No one in this world can ever take the place of your beloved wife. We mourn with you as you grapple with her loss.
116. Knowing your wife was a blessing and we are all sorry to hear about her passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
117. To lose the person who has been right by your side all these years cannot be easy. Know that we grieve the passing of your wife and that you have our condolences.
118. To lose a wife is like to lose your right hand. I am here for you if you need to talk.
119. Your wife was a shining light in this world and she will be missed dearly by everyone who was lucky enough to know her.
120. Your wife was a loving mother and spouse, an amazing friend, and so much more to everyone who knew her. We will all miss her very much.
121. The love that your life bestowed on everyone in her life will live in us always, even long after she is gone.
122. There is no greater companion and no greater friend than a dog. I am sorry for your loss.
123. My condolences for the loss of your loyal, furry friend.
124. Your loved one’s paw prints will forever leave an imprint on our hearts.
125. Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. I am sorry for your loss.
126. I am sorry for the loss of your beloved friend. At least we know that all dogs go to heaven.
127. Your beloved pet brought joy to all of us and I know that I am not alone when I say I will miss him dearly. You have my deepest sympathies for the loss of such a loving and loyal companion.
When you are not sure what to say during such a difficult time, these sympathy quotes can help you to convey the appropriate message to those who are in the process of grieving. Remember that grief presents itself in different ways.
Let the person who is grieving know that you are there if you need them and do not forget to fill your sympathy note or sympathy card with warm words of comfort and condolences.
If you knew the person who passed away, then try to think of the best qualities that you remember about that person. Mentioning the wonderful ways in which you will remember this person might bring some comfort to the person who is grieving.
Do you have any specific memories about the deceased that you would like to include with your condolences? You never know, the grieving family could be grateful to have any good memories of their loved one who has now passed on.
Whether it means hearing your account of a memory that they were not there to share, or you writing out a memory you all shared together from your own perspective, they will appreciate that their loved one will be remembered long after they are gone.
Even long after the loved one has passed away, those who were left behind will fondly remember that you were there for them in their time of sorrow.
Filed Under: QuotesTagged With: mothers
I wish I could express to you all the appropriate words. I/We pray that God will grant you the strength needed to get through this moment in.
Bible Verses about strength must start and end with God. It is the power and strength that comes from God that carries us on. As Christians we need to surrender to the strength that God provides and His strength is made perfect in our weakness. As you read through these scripture quotes about strength be encouraged in that it is not your strength that is needed but the strength that God willingly supplies. Feel free to use this study for a devotional, topical Bible study or Sunday School lesson.
Check out the video to the right of a song about strength: “You Are My Strength” by Hillsong or check it out directly through You Tube
It is so refreshing to know that we can rest in the strength and comfort that God will provide when facing troubles of many kinds. Let Him have the glory and show himself strong. Listen to this Bible verse: 2Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him. In this you have done foolishly; therefore from now on you shall have wars.” God wants to show Himself strong on your behalf. Surrender to Him today and let the peace that He gives you take over. We cannot fully serve God without full surrender to his Strength.
Isaiah 40:28-31Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary,and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!
Exodus 15:2 The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Psalm 18:32-34 the God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
Psalm 119:23 Even though princes sit plotting against me, your servant will meditate on your statutes.
The following Bible verses on being strong show us biblical examples of strength and the faith it takes to trust in God so completely that He is your strength. Imagine how much faith it took for Abraham to be willing to sacrifice his long awaited son Isaac.
1 Samuel 30:6 And David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because all the people were bitter in soul, each for his sons and daughters. But David strengthened himself in the LORD his God.
2 Timothy 4:17 But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion’s mouth.
1 Peter 4:11whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
Joshua 1:9-11 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”And Joshua commanded the officers of the people, “Pass through the midst of the camp and command the people, ‘Prepare your provisions, for within three days you are to pass over this Jordan to go in to take possession of the land that the LORD your God is giving you to possess.'”
Genesis 22:1-3 After these things God tested Abraham and said to him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Here am I.” He said, “Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.” So Abraham rose early in the morning, saddled his donkey, and took two of his young men with him, and his son Isaac. And he cut the wood for the burnt offering and arose and went to the place of which God had told him.
Are you struggling through a situation today and are grasping for answers? How should you respond? Respond with faith and not fear, knowing the promises of God and His mighty hand will hold you through any situation!
Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Matthew 17:20 He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”
Mark 10:52 And Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he recovered his sight and followed him on the way.
Matthew 21:21 And Jesus answered them, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith anddo not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen.
Jesus has truly overcome the world the day he gave His life for all on the cross. Take peace and be encouraged knowing it is Him who is mighty to save. He will not leave you or forsake you.
Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Do not lose heart or become discouraged as we have the Hope of Jesus Christ and eternal life to carry us through. Stay in the Bible and pray continually seeking the face of God and He will be with you. I pray these Bible verses fill your heart with hope from the truth of God’s mighty word.
Zephaniah 3:17The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Timothy 1:7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
Job 13:15 Though he slay me, I will hope in him; yet I will argue my ways to his face.
Romans 5:5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
“Those who serve God must serve Him in His own way, and in His strength, or He will never accept their service. That which man doth, unaided by divine strength, God can never own. The mere fruits of the earth He casteth away; He will only reap that corn, the seed of which was sown from heaven, watered by grace, and ripened by the sun of divine love. God will empty out all that thou hast before He will put His own into thee; He will first clean out thy granaries before He will fill them with the finest of the wheat. The river of God is full of water; but not one drop of it flows from earthly springs. God will have no strength used in His battles but the strength which He Himself imparts. Are you mourning over your own weakness? Take courage, for there must be a consciousness of weakness before the Lord will give thee victory. Your emptiness is but the preparation for your being filled, and your casting down is but the making ready for your lifting up.” – Charles Spurgeon
D.L. Moody once said that “If you partner with God, Make your plans big!” I encourage you today to make God your partner. Whatever your burden is that caused you to search for strength, give it up to him now. Do not let another minute go by without completely surrendering your burdens to Him. God wants to be your strength. Surrender to Him in your weakness and let Him show Himself strong. Remember if God brings you to it, He will bring you through it!
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version
“Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version® (ESV®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.”
Tagged as: Bible Verses, Bible Verses About Strength, Bible Verses by Topic
Share this post: SU | Reddit | Digg | Facebook | Twitter
Wish your religious friends or family members a happy birthday with these When you have conquered that area with the strength of God, then.