Happy Retirement! You have been an awesome co-worker, but an even better friend! Here's to a well-deserved retirement! Happy Wishes!.
Retirement is something everyone must experience in life someday, retirements are worth celebrating same way we celebrate other events. Most times retirements come with double feeling, first there is this bad feeling that you’re about to leave the job you have been doing for long and also the good feeling that at least you have to rest from the day to day struggles. One of the things that retirees will always cherish are the good will messages from family and friends.
You’ll agree with me that even with great intentions and all the efforts in the world, retirement messages can sometimes be difficult to write for a co-worker. If you have to remain in the workplace yourself and someone you were working with is now moving on, you might realise that sometimes there’s this feeling of envy that occurs when someone retires. Don’t let that ugly feeling of envy prevent you from wishing a retiree a happy retirement. Keep in mind all the time they invested at work to achieve this goal. It’s now time for them to move on, one day, it’ll be your time. The question now is “How do you wish your co-worker a wonderful retirement and let him or her know how much they will be missed”?
In this article, We have brought together a collection of best retirement messages to send to someone you know.
1. Wishing you all the joy and happiness that a happy retirement can bring.
2. Congratulations, now the fun begins. Best wishes on your new chapter in life.
3. Wishing you all the best for your retirement. May all your retirement dreams come true.
4. We wish you health and happy days in your retirement.
5. If you put as much effort into enjoying your retirement as you have all the years you’ve been working, you’ll have an amazing, productive, dynamic and long lasting retirement. You deserve it!
6. I’m glad you get to retire while you still have many good and capable years of life left in you! Congratulations!
7. Now that you’ve gone through birth, crawling, walking, school, and many years of work, you can finally relax!
8. May you enjoy a successful life after retirement to the fullest.
9. Best wishes for a relaxing and happy retirement.
10. Wishing you good health, good luck and great success in your retirement.
11. Sending you loving wishes for a truly amazing retirement.
12. Wishing you a long, happy, and healthy retirement.
13. I’m wishing you a long, healthy, and happy retirement!
14. I’m glad you finally get to retire. You deserve it. You’ve worked hard!
15. You have been one of the best employees I have ever had. I know that you will be just as productive in your retirement pursuits. Good luck! You will be missed.
16. Wishing you a long and joyous retirement.
17. I wish you a happy retirement filled with fun and happiness.
18. Wishing you the best in this next phase in your life.
19. Wishing you a lengthy and satisfying retirement.
20. Wishing you a wonderful retirement. May you enjoy your retirement to the fullest.
21. Wishing you the most exciting and strees-free retirement ever.
22. Wishing you and your family all the best as you enter into a new phase of your life. May you enjoy the extra time that you’ll be spending with them.
23. Best wishes on your next adventure.
24. I am glad you are retiring. I am planning on hanging out with you more now.
25. Your work years are over. Now your fun years begin!
26. I have to admit, I am a little jealous of you. I wish I was retiring.
27. Your retirement is probably just as welcomed by the company, since you can now be replaced by someone much less experienced and less expensive. The reality is that you can never actually be replaced.
28. Congratulations on your retirement. We wish you tons of happiness in the years ahead.
29. Wishing you the best on your life after this retirement. We’ll miss you.
30. I wish that your retirement will be everything you dreamed that it would be.
31. Good luck and best wishes to you on your retirement.
32. Best wishes for an awesome retirement. Keep working hard, but be your own boss.
33. Just as your work has been long and satisfying, we wish you a long and satisfying retirement.
34. Congratulations on your retirement! If you get bored, you know you can call and hang out with us.
35. We’ll miss you. You are one of a kind and not easily replaced.
36. Retirement is the working person’s wish come true. Here’s to finally getting your wishes granted!
37. You can be taken out of the workforce, but the work force can never be taken out of you. I am confident you’ll never stop working on things you love to do.
38. To stay balanced in life, work like you’re retired and retire like it’s your job.
39. If you found happiness or fulfillment in the workforce, then it’s likely you’ll do the same now that even more possibilities are open to you.
40. It’s great to see someone retire who is as deserving as you. Make sure you work just as hard at relaxing as you have in your long career.
41. You are one of the hardest workers I have ever known. You deserve a great retirement, but I know you will still keep yourself busy.
42. This is the beginning of the rest of your life and the rest of your life. Congratulations on your retirement.
43. You will remembered for the things that you did here. Thanks for your years of hard work and dedication.
44. Congratulations on your retirement.
45. We’re glad that you are retiring, and we are looking forward to spending more time with you. Best wishes.
See also: 227 Happy Anniversary To My Husband Messages
46. Retiring is not the ending, it’s just a new start! Many congratulations on retirement!
47. Retirement, the great time, to your pending task! Wishing you best of luck on retirement!
48. Hey (name)! Have a blast on your retirement! Congratulations on your retirement.
49. (name)! I will miss you in my department always! Have a great retirement.
50. Hey (name)! Happy retirement & All the Best!
51. Happy Retirement to (name)! With Love, From All!
52. Dear (name)! Have a great future ahead! Have a joyful retirement!
53. Many congratulations on your retirement (name)! Cheers
54. Wish you a happiness and jolly moments ahead! Happy retirement!
55. All the best for your future ahead! Congrats on your retirement!
56. Hey Buddy! Wishing you a happy retirement! Cheers!
57. You worked harder and made your retirement happened! Wishing you great retirement!
58. Wishing you a happy beginning of your life and a lot of success!
59. Dear (name)! May you enjoy your retirement to the fullest! With Love!
60. Say bye to tensions and enjoy life in your way! Congratulations on retirement!
61. Retirement is just an ending of an assignment, but an auspicious start for the new life! Congratulations!
Also Read: 85 Best Graduation Messages and Wishes
62. Retirement marks the culmination of a career spent achieving success in the business world and the genesis of a career in enjoying the fruits of that success. Happy retirement.
63. As you retire, remember that you have left behind a legacy of encouragement, achievement and work ethic that will always be part of your coworkers. Congratulations.
64. You will finally have time to ferret out that special fishing spot or to sleep through an afternoon game on TV. It couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. Congratulations on your retirement.
65. My best wishes on your retirement. You have a bright future ahead of you; enjoy it.
66. You are the kind of people that brings the best in others! Thank you for everything you did. Wishing you a life full of success and happiness!
67. Having someone like you as a coworker has been no less than a gift. Wishing you a wonderful retired life ahead!! You will be missed, but never forgotten.
68. I wanted you to know what a blessing it’s been to work with you over these past few years. Hope you’ll enjoy every minute of your retirement. We’re really going to miss you!
69. You have a wealth of information and experience that can never be replaced. So, if I need you, can I put you on “speed dial?” Congratulations on your retirement.
70. Enjoy the freedom your achievement has earned. Happy retirement.
71. Hey, remember the time we put the lavatory sign on the boss’s office door and that lady went in? Ah, memories: we have so many to share. You will be missed.
72. However will you get along without seeing my face every day? Never mind, I’m sure you’ll manage. Best wishes on your retirement.
73. Retirement isn’t all it is cracked up to be. It isn’t for us, anyway. Enjoy your well-deserved freedom and know you will be missed.
74. I will miss your sunny disposition, your friendly smile, the donuts you brought in. Wait, it was you who brought the donuts, right? Happy retirement.
75. This card is just a tangible expression of my heartfelt sentiments. I will miss you and all that you brought to the workplace. Congratulations.
76. Retirement means you will have more time to invest in the things you want to do. May your retirement lead to new success in whatever you pursue.
77. You have to put off being young until you can retire.Life begins at retirement.The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.
78. Now that you are retiring, however will you catch up on the office gossip? I suppose we could email you updates once a week…Congratulations on your achievement.
79. The staff has never been “on the same page” about business plans or implementing policies, but we are all in agreement on this: you will be missed. Congratulations on your retirement.
80. Best wishes on your retirement. Enjoy the opportunity to do wonderful things just for you
81. Retirement opens the door to new opportunity. I can’t come with you in your new endeavors, but my highest hopes for your future can. Happy retirement.
82. Here’s to you and your family: success and a bright future with the time to do the things you have always wanted to do. You will be missed.
83. We will miss your wisdom and experience, but most of all, we will miss the encouragement you have been to us. We wish you the happiest of retirements.
84. Retirement will be a difficult time for you: no getting up with an alarm, no boring staff meetings, no watching the clock tick down those last, long minutes before quitting time. However will you manage?
Read Also: 150 Comforting Sympathy Card Messages
89. Have fun in your retirement! Follow these words of wisdom. ‘Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.’
90. I always thought of you as a permanent fixture at work. I guess we’ll have to figure out how to get by without you.
91. It’s exciting to know that you are leaving the workforce! I bet it’s exciting for you too.
92. Now is the time to experience the part of childhood that was stolen from you by school and work!
93. Best wishes in your retirement. Here’s to watching your grandkids instead of the bottom line.
94. No one ever stops working, they just get a new boss. Your boss lives in your own house. Good luck getting time off.
95. Don’t worry about having enough money to retire. You only need a lot of money if you plan on living a long time.
96. I don’t know why you are even retiring. You know you won’t be able to keep from working, you workaholic!
97. I thought you retired several years ago, you are just finally making it official just now. I haven’t seen you actually work in a long time.
98. If we could all have the same attitude you’ve had these last days before retirement, we’d all be a lot less stressed at work. Nothing would get done around here either, but that’s not the point.
99. Your new job is to ensure that you enjoy your retirement. The hours are flexible, and you have complete autonomy.
100. Re-tiring is when you replace old tires with new tires. Isn’t that more like what your employer is doing?
101. You can put new tires on an old car. That’s what you are doing now, ‘retiring.’
102. You may be ready to retire, but is your wife/husband ready?
103. Retirement is the last stage of your life. I hope you make it as long in retirement as you did in your career.
104. I’m glad you finally retired. Now I can have your job.
105. God retired after just 6 days of creating the heavens and the earth. What took you so long?
106. Good luck with your new boss, who knows about your true work ethic, organizational skills, and excuses. Spouses make the toughest bosses. Happy retirement!
107. There are all sorts of things that you will have to learn how to do off the clock now, like making coffee.
108. You’re used to multitasking. Whatever you did, you were making money at the same time. Now you will be able to focus on one important thing: keeping your money.
109. Think about the thousands or even millions you have earned over the years in your career, then ask yourself why you weren’t able to retire much earlier.
110. You always did work hard at not having to work. Now that you’re retired, you don’t have to work as hard at not working.
111. Now that you are retired, you get an even tougher boss… Your wife!
112. I bet your company is really glad to see you go. After that many years your salary was probably worth two or three younger, more energetic workers.
70 Best Out of Office Messages That Always Work
80+ Cute Goodnight Text Messages that Melt the Heart
120 Get Well Soon Messages and Wishes
150 Good Morning Text Messages
100 Good Morning Sayings
200 Best Thank You Messages For Your Best Friends
100 Uplifting Sympathy Messages For Loved Ones
100 Condolence Sayings and Sympathy Messages
If your co-worker is leaving for retirement, then here's how to wish him a happy retirement (including word-by-word scripts you can use).
Retirements are occasions worth celebrating. It is one such a fabulous time when you are free from your responsibilities and you start living for yourself. You have no deadlines to complete, no alarms to wake you up or no burden to take care of. It is simply a phase in which you have enough time for yourself and you should enjoy every minute of this phase. Sometimes retirement comes with mixed feelings as you are aware that you will no more be going to the office or at work and meet your colleagues and friends. Well, it is completely okay to adopt changes in life and move ahead of everything. So, one should enjoy this occasion. Send wonderful retirement wishes to your friends and co-workers and congratulate them on completing a phase of the journey of life. Send them the best wishes on Whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook and various other social media platforms free of cost and make them feel positive and happy regarding their retirement.
Are you looking for heart touching retirement wishes for co-worker? The 143greetings is the platform to look for the same. Here, you will get an amazing collection of messages drafted by writers who master the skill of presenting emotions in words. Check out our wide range of retirement messages drafted just for you.
Retirement is an occasion with mixed feeling. On the one hand, the person who is retiring feel relaxed and on the other hand, his/her colleague become gloomy as the person will no longer be the part of daily work. Departing the person with funny retirement messages is a great gesture. Look for some hilarious retirement message at 143greetings and wish you friend the same.
On the day when your father’s retirement is to be announced, it is the time you make him feel you are there for him always. Convey him the same message sending touchy retirement wishes. Check our retirement wishes for fathers category to find an apt wish. We have an inspiring collection of the same drafted just for the occasion.
Is your brother retiring and you want to send a heartfelt retirement message to him, but not getting right words? Check our category retirement wishes for brother and send it to your brother directly from here. We have a unique collection of retirement messages in different categories.
You’re on Retirement Wishes, page 1 of 3 of Retirement Wishes, Quotes and Messages
1 – Retirement Wishes
2 – Retiring Quotes
3 – Funny Retirement Messages
Our retirement wishes, greetings and phrases provide a resource for when you’re looking for the right words for a valued colleague, family member or friend who is taking the big leap into retirement.
For many retirees, the step away from full-time employment is something they’ve dreamed up for a long time. Recognize the importance of the day with some carefully chosen words that leave the impression that you want them to. Check out the retirement wishes, phrases and saying to see if any of the messages resonate with you.
God retired after just 6 days of creating the heavens and the earth. Why so long for you?
Here’s to watching your fishing line and not the bottom line.
Enjoy the opportunity to do wonderful things just for you and your family.
How you managed to retire at this young age is a testimony to your intelligence.
Retirement is a celebration: old memories and new beginnings.
We’re really going to miss you! Hope you’ll enjoy every minute of your retirement.
You weren’t born to pay bills and die.
Retirement only means it’s time for a new adventure.
Retirement is not the end of the road; it is the beginning of the open highway.
May you always have a shell in your pocket and sand in your toes.
Wishing you all the joy and happiness that a happy retirement can bring.
We wish you health and happy days in your retirement.
Wishing you much joy and happiness as you begin a new chapter in your life.
I wish that your retirement will be everything you dreamed that it would be.
Best wishes for a relaxing and happy retirement.
When you stop living at work and start working at living.
I’m going to retire and live off my savings. What I do the second week is anybody’s guess.
Retirement: Having a good time is my job.
I’m retired – don’t ask me to do a damn thing.
Every Child Left Behind.
Bumper sticker on retired teacher’s car
Have you ever been out for a late autumn walk in the closing part of the afternoon, and suddenly looked up to realize that the leaves have practically all gone? You hadn’t realized it. And you notice that the sun has set already, the day gone before you knew it — and with that a cold wind blows across the landscape. That’s retirement.
Retirement is a field of clover, but by the time you reach it, you’re too old to climb the fence.
Retirement is the period in life when you stop quoting the proverb that time is money.
Retirement kills more people than hard work ever did.
Retirement at sixty-five is ridiculous. When I was sixty-five I still had pimples.
The trouble with retirement is you never get a day off.
Let’s put a limit to the scramble for money…. Having got what you wanted, you ought to begin to bring that struggle to an end.
Avoid retirement playgrounds like poison, because that’s exactly what they are.
If you’re retiring, here are a few words of advice on how to give a short speech to your colleagues at work.
Tip 1: Keep it short.
Tip 2: For format, consider this:
A.) Thank boss, colleagues and company for support through the years.
B.) Briefly touch on a couple company, group or individual highlights.
C.) Indicate how you plan to spend your retirement, e.g. reading more, travel and enjoying grandchildren.
D.) Wish all good luck and continued success.
Tip 3: Prior or after to speech, meet individually with the folks at your company who meant the most to you, your boss (whether this was the case or not), and your successor.
If you’re recognizing a retiree, here are three tips.
Tip 1: Keep it short.
Tip 2: Be sincere and express heartfelt appreciation. Personalize your message to the retiree. Let the person know that he or she will be missed. Thank them for their contribution. Start sincere and end sincere.
Tip 3: Add some humor to the middle part of your presentation. Bounce it off a trusted friend for a disaster check. Retirement is typically a happy occasion, and folks are looking for an opportunity to laugh. Provide them that opportunity in a good-natured way.
You might also like:
Job Well Done Messages
Awesome Words of Wisdom
To Share is Divine...
"I think you will love retirement. You never took day-offs from work and there are no day-offs in retirement either. Happy retirement boss." "If I got a few wishes, .
Retirement is the point in time when an employee chooses to leave his or her employment permanently. Retirement generally coincides with the employee's eligibility to collect retirement resources such as Social Security, a company pension, or distributions from a 401(k) or another retirement plan.
Eligibility for public and private retirement resources varies from country to country as does the retirement age.
An employee may choose retirement for reasons other than the wish to stop working. Employees may suffer ill health or debilitating physical problems that require retirement. Family problems and responsibilities may require retirement.
An employer may require employees to take early retirement in order to cut costs and preserve the business. Whatever the reason, retirement from employment marks the start of the next chapter of an employee's life.
Employees choose diverse methods of retirement. They may leave employment completely or start a second career or part-time work. They may semi-retire or pursue phased retirement during which they gradually decrease the number of hours worked. Some employees retire and then return to work for their same employer in a part-time, temporary, or consulting role.
Fortunately for retiring employees, many options exist to meet their financial, emotional, and social needs in retirement. With sufficient financial resources, the employee may decide to pursue interests other than work and career in retirement.
When a coworker retires, coworkers generally sign the retirement card, participate in the scheduled festivities, and send personal greetings and gifts to honor the retirement occasion. Traditionally, when the momentous occasion of an employee retirement occurs, it is marked as a life passage into the next chapter for the employee.
The employer and the employee's colleagues use the retirement event as one last opportunity to express care and appreciation for a valued coworker. As a consequence, employers and coworkers, who know not what the future brings, want to wish the retiring employee a happy retirement. This is greatly appreciated by the employee who has decided to retire.
But, the employer and coworkers are often more hesitant about how to deliver their retirement wishes effectively and successfully. They frequently use standard gifts that will remind the employee of their workplace in the coming years. Engraved watches, plaques, and desk clocks are examples of a reminder retirement gift.
Here are sample retirement wishes that you can customize for your own use when you have the opportunity to wish a treasured colleague all of the best in retirement. These retirement words wish the coworker the very best thoughts for the future.
Read through these sample retirement words and wishes to find sentiments that echo your own feelings about a coworker.
Find out more about retirement with these additional resources.
Happy Retirement! You have been an awesome co-worker, but an even better friend! Here's to a well-deserved retirement! Happy Wishes!.