Pregnancy wishes and congratulations messages to the lucky couple and especially to the lucky mother! Browse many cute wishes and make.
A HIGH court judge authorised doctors to secretly drug a pregnant woman, then force her to have a caesarean section against her wishes.
Mr Justice Williams ruled the 25-year-old, whose identity cannot be disclosed, could be tricked into going to hospital under the pretence of a normal appointment.
When she arrived she was to be given a sleeping drug hidden in a drink before taken to theatre where she would be given general anaesthetic, possibly while she was restrained.
A medic would then be allowed to perform a caesarean on her before she was sent home and the baby taken into care.
The disturbing plan even allowed for the possibility the woman, who has learning difficulties, would not be fooled into going to hospital.
Then medics were approved to be able to go to her home to secretly drug her, or restrain her and inject her with ketamine.
Details of the plot – which was only revealed in court documents this week – sound more like the script of a horror film than life in a developed country.
In the end, the woman actually gave birth naturally after the hearing, meaning the shocking plan was never actioned.
But it raises serious questions over how experts had got the situation so wrong - and were days from putting her through such a harrowing ordeal.
Chief executive of charity Birthrights Amy Gibbs told The Sun she had been shocked by the details of the ruling and plan.
She added: “I have never heard of a case before where there has been this kind of deception.
“From a human rights perspective it is deeply worrying any court would authorise such an order.
“This seems particularly horrific for three reasons.
“A caesarean is something she did not want to happen, the evidence shows she understood some of the choices. She was very clearly expressing she didn’t consent to certain things.
“The second real concern is that the court didn’t hear from the woman, partner or her family. There is a serious question of if enough was done to help the woman understand the question.
“But the real, real worrying fact in this case is the level of deception they approved in this care plan - it really concerns me.
“We can all imagine how distressing and traumatising this would have been for her. The risk seems so high.
“Birthrights are really concerned whether the Court of Protection is representing women’s rights.
“The judge talks about weighing up risks and probabilities but one of the worrying things is how late in the day this is being discussed, he himself asks why it is coming to court so late.
“The level of deception in how to achieve a forced caesarean seems disproportionate, given she then gave birth naturally.
“We believe all women have the right to decide what happens in childbirth. This point is really well established in UK law.”
At the start of the pregnancy she was in a relationship but living at her home with her mum and spending time at her boyfriend's family home.
By May she had moved out of her mother's home into a supported living placement.
The fact there were no problems stunned the judge, who admitted later it had “confounded” assessments.
Making the original ruling Mr Justice Williams admitted: “She is likely to experience distress, distrust, anger, frustration at both the deception that may be necessary and the carrying out of a surgical procedure against her will in respect of such a profoundly important matter.
"This is likely to be all the greater because it is proposed that the baby will be removed from her care.
“The evidence demonstrates she lacks capacity to make decisions as to her antenatal care and the delivery of her baby.
“That lack of capacity arises from a learning disability which renders her unable to make a decision because she is unable to understand the information relevant to the decision and to use or weigh that information as part of a process of making a decision.
“The overall balance in the evaluation of her best interests is thus in favour of the proposed treatment plan provided it is supplemented to address the psychological or psychiatric consequences of giving birth in this way.
“I therefore declare that it is in her best interests to undergo a planned caesarean and the proposed transfer and proposed postnatal care plan.”
The papers, which refer to the woman as JP, laid out in full the steps of the proposed treatment by the NHS Trust, whose identity was also hidden.
Experts said it was needed because she has learning difficulties and did not have the mental capacity or ability to make decisions about her delivery or her care.
If necessary she might be physically restrained in order to achieve her transfer to hospital. If necessary a general anaesthetic would be administered at that time in order to effect her transfer. In theatre the Caesarean section would be performed.Court documents
She had actually said she did not want a Caesarean and had become agitated during a visit to an antenatal clinic, calling one medic a “b******”.
The woman had said she had wanted to do the birth her way and punched a chair when an anaesthetist came to see her.
Court documents laid out the drugging plan in full: “JP will be asked to attend hospital in order to conduct monitoring in respect of the baby.
"This will be a pretext for the carrying out of a planned caesarean section.
“I JP agrees to travel to hospital for the monitoring on arrival she will be provided with a sedative, oral midazolam, contained covertly in a drink.
"When that takes effect she will be taken to theatre where she will be provided with a gas administered general anaesthetic.
"This might involve some degree of physical restraint. If JP was cooperative a general anaesthetic by IV would be considered.
“If JP was not willing to travel to hospital for monitoring she would be given midazolam covertly in a drink at a residential unit.
"If she was then cooperative she would be transferred to the hospital. If she was not cooperative she would be given an intramuscular injection of ketamine.
"If necessary she might be physically restrained in order to achieve her transfer to hospital. If necessary a general anaesthetic would be administered at that time in order to effect her transfer.
“In theatre the Caesarean section would be performed.”
But the day after the Court of Protection hearing, when the ruling was made, she went into labour without any of the disturbing actions having to take place.
In fact she had given birth naturally without any issues, according to a postscript to the papers.
Mr Justice Williams admitted: “The capacity for individuals to confound judges' assessments is a reminder - to me at least - of the gap between probability and actuality.
“I hope JP and the baby are well.”
Pregnancy is a potential that is yet to be fulfilled, a prelude to something yet to arrive, These are wishes for the future rather than blessings for the past, more a .
Congratulations for Pregnancy: Send your best wishes to be a part of a couple’s magical journey of getting pregnant and slowly inching towards becoming a mother and a father. From inspirational quotes to sweet notes to funny jokes to motivational messages – this post is a beautiful fusion of ideas which you can use to eventually write your own words. Lovely greetings are a must but don’t just stop there. Expecting a baby is too precious a journey to be marked with a measly card. Flood the expecting mommy’s Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest with the cutest posts. Let your heartfelt words be the encouragement that helps her get through the ups and downs of one of life’s most wonderful journeys.
1) Pregnancy is the only time in life when you’ll fall in love with someone you haven’t met. Congratulations.
2) Enjoy your pregnancy because it is the only time a woman can get away with burping and farting and a man can get away with blaming his wife for her irritable mood swings.
3) You have just been fired from your job of being just a woman. Congratulations for being accepted as an intern for the next nine months in your new job of being a mother.
4) Even after the nine months, to be a part of creating a new life is a thought that you will never be able to completely fathom. Congratulations for embarking upon one of life’s most precious miracles.
5) Nothing comes close to the feeling of nurturing a life inside your body. It has never been aptly described in words and it never will be. Experiencing is the only way to find out. Congratulations for getting yours.
6) Expecting a baby is just the beginning of expecting some of life’s most precious moments. Congratulations.
7) Pregnancy is when you’ll truly understand the meaning of being unconditionally caring and patiently selfless. Congratulations.
8) If pregnancy were a cocktail, it would be a mixture of two tablespoons of Romance, one tablespoon of Passion and three tablespoons of Love all mixed together in the spirit of Life. Congratulations for getting pregnant.
9) I am happy for your pregnancy but I am happier in knowing that a baby will be born in the arms of such loving parents like you. Congratulations.
10) Pregnancy will take over your life for the next nine months, to give you happiness that will last you a lifetime. Congratulations.
11) Your body will go through many changes as pregnancy has its way with you. But the biggest change will be your slow and beautiful transformation from being a woman to being a mother. Congratulations.
12) Pregnancy is a wonderful miracle, and in nine months your joys will double. Congratulations, to the happy couple.
13) For the next nine months your body is a sacred place and your womb will be the closely guarded doors protecting the little angel who will change your lives forever. Congratulations for your pregnancy.
14) In the movie of your life, pregnancy is the twist that will change it all. Congratulations.
15) Pregnancy will make you see LIFE in a whole new different way. Why? Because you will experience what it feels like to create one. Congratulations.
16) The changes in your body will last for just nine months, but the beauty of motherhood will embrace you for the rest of your life. Congratulations.
17) Expecting a baby is the hardest and the most pleasurable wait you’ll ever have in your life. Best wishes for your pregnancy.
18) The beginning of your pregnancy is when you’ll never feel alone, even if you are… for the rest of your life. Your baby’s heart will forever live within. Congratulations.
19) The craziest roller coaster ride in the world is not at Disneyland or Universal Studios – it is the nine months of pregnancy. Good luck and enjoy the twists and turns.
20) To have another life take shape inside your own body is an experience that will change you forever. Congratulations.
21) 9 months of pain, but a lifetime of gain. 9 months of sickness, but a lifetime of happiness. 9 months of pregnancy, the beginning of your own legacy. Congratulations.
22) Beautiful things will happen in your life when you understand the power of loving unconditionally, and pregnancy is just the beginning. Congratulations.
23) To be a woman is one thing. But to be a mother, is a whole new level. Congratulations for taking your first steps towards discovering a new dimension of life.
24) While you will only carry the baby in your womb for the next nine months, you will carry it in your heart for the rest of your life. Congratulations.
25) Stop reading books about babies and getting pregnant because the beautiful feeling of pregnancy is impossible to be understood in words – it can only be experienced and felt from within. Congratulations.
26) Pregnancy will change you as a person. To love yourself, you will find newer reasons. Pregnancy will take you through many twists and turns. New things about life, you will slowly learn. Pregnancy will make you realize your own worth. Feeling empowered from within, as you prepare to give birth. Congratulations.
27) The bitter-sweet pain and discomfort will be all worth it when you get life’s sweetest gift after nine months. Congratulations.
28) The most inspirational thing that pregnancy will teach you is the realization of how even pain and sickness can be gateways to lifelong happiness. Congratulations.
29) Congratulations on your pregnancy. You have just embraced motherhood – the most beautiful and life-giving journey that any has ever treaded upon.
30) This is a piece of advice for the to-be-mommy. Make the most of your nine months of pregnancy because it is the only time when you can bite into all your food cravings to put on those extra pounds without feeling an ounce of guilt. Congratulations on getting pregnant.
31) For the next nine months, you will be rounder and wider. But your life after that, will forever be prettier and happier. Congratulations.
32) The most inspirational part of your pregnancy is that you are actually creating not just a new life, but your legacy which will live on even after you are gone. Congratulations.
33) Have you ever wondered why a woman would ever want to be pregnant despite the nausea, mood swings, temper tantrums and hormonal fluctuations? You are about to find the magical answer yourself. Congratulations.
34) Metaphorically, pregnancy is Mother Nature’s way of telling you that you have finally stopped being a girl and started becoming a woman. Congratulations for becoming pregnant.
35) Congratulations for entering a period of life when you will have no periods.
36) Pregnancy is a great balance in life – it brings out the worst mood swings in a wife and the best levels of tolerance in a husband. Congratulations for getting pregnant and finding your balance.
37) Congratulations for your pregnancy. Do you know what this means? New clothes, maternity leave and lots of pampering from the daddy to-be. Enjoy being spoilt like a princess in this adorable phase of your life’s new beginnings as a mommy to-be.
38) The downsides of pregnancy including extra weight, stretch marks and hormonal fluctuations are nothing as compared the upsides which include a lifetime of love and affection of your child. Wish you a very happy pregnancy.
39) Nine months from now, your baby’s life will completely take over your own. And the first sign of this will be your profile picture on Facebook being replaced with your baby’s. xoxo
40) Pregnancy is the only time when you’ll love someone even if the kick you in your tummy and give you sleepless nights. Congratulations.
Congratulations on the miracle that is pregnancy; Wishing You a happy healthy pregnancy and delivery; I can't believe the good news! I'm so.
Pregnancy is a life changing event. The arrival of a new baby brings so many amazing and wonderful experiences. It’s also extremely challenging, and can even be frightening. During a couple’s or soon-to-be mothers pregnancy they might need support and reassurance, or just a friend to cheer them up. A way to show your support or just acknowledge their joyous news is to send them a card. And in that card you can include a pregnancy congratulations message or good luck wishes.
A lovely card congratulating a couple or mom on a pregnancy can let them know you’re there for them, offer support or help, amuse them or just offer your congratulations and best wishes. It may seem trivial but small gestures can have big impacts.
So use one or more of the pregnancy congratulations messages below.
Table of Contents
Use these messages to wish the new mother or couple congratulations and good luck on their pregnancy and upcoming new baby.
Want to make the new mom/couple laugh? Have something witty or humorous to say about pregnancy? Then you might want to use something funny in your pregnancy congratulations card. If so then take a look at the funny wishes below:
Be careful when writing a funny message. Some people will think that pregnancy is not the time to be joking, and may take offence. Be sure beforehand that you know the recipient well enough that they won’t be offended.
These quotes about pregnancy are great to include in a card. They offer extra insight or a better way to express what you’re feeling if you can’t find the right words yourself. Try one of the selection below
A sweet or touching poem is another great way to celebrate the announcement of a new baby.
Congratulations messages for pregnancy:Congratulations messages to We pray that it is delivered with ease as you expect the good news.