Goodbye cards aren't just for a friend or coworker, either. A retiring colleague or boss; A coworker leaving the company after she has a baby; A student leaving .
> > Farewell Messages to Say Goodbye
Last Updated: 23rd September, 2019
A farewell is not just about saying goodbye to your loved ones. Rather, it is about encouraging and giving your best wishes to someone on his/her new journey. We bring to you the best and unique farewell messages that you can share with your family, friends and colleagues.
I will always remember the good times we spend together.
Those precious moments were the best times of my life.
Farewell my friend;
hope to see you soon.
This is such an great opportunity for you, but I still can’t believe you’re leaving. Please keep in touch!
I’ll miss you and think of you. Thank you for the good times and sweet memories that we shared together.
I hate the feeling when you have to say goodbye to someone you want to spend every minute with.
Though miles may lie between us, we are never far apart,
for friendship doesn't count miles, it's measured by the heart.
Saying goodbye is the most painful way of solving a problem.
May your journey be a pleasant one. Farewell and hope to see you soon.
Goodbye my friend
I hope our path will cross again.
Today as we part I am forced to say goodbye. But, I know, that we would meet again very soon.
You are not only a great teacher but also a great human being. There are so many things that we have learned from you! you deserve the best farewell!
Goodbye without reasons is the most painful one.
Love without reason is the most beautiful one.
Saying goodbye to a true friend is really tough.
But I bid you goodbye with the hope that we would meet again one day.
Your decision-making skills are an asset that have always inspired me to be like you.
I appreciate all your words of encouragement and everything I have learned from you.
You’ve been an inspiration to all of us, and we've enjoyed working with you.
We wish you success wherever you go.
Good friends never say goodbye
They simply say "See you soon"
Goodbyes are never easy
Pictures never carry your warmth
memories will always pierce the heart
No words can say it all.
I'll Miss you.
Just a note to say..
As you move into a new venture...
May luck and success always be with you!
You decided to move to greener pastures, but your departure will leave our grounds barren and dry.
Monthly targets and performance appraisals will come and go,
but the memories of working with a colleague like you will stay in my heart forever.
Because we are in the office
I may not let tears out of my eyes
But I want you to know that
My heart will silently weep and cry.
Farewell & Goodbye
It's difficult to bid you farewell
As you leave though my mind says you have a brighter future in store & a better life ahead...
the heart can never outgrow,
the pleasant experience of having you near,
Wherever you may go, here's wishing you all the best.
Fell very lucky to know someone who is so hard for me to say goodbye.
Some people come into our lives and quickly go.
Others stay awhile, make footprints on our hearts and we are never, ever the same.
It may be hard to say goodbye but the good with it is a promise of something better.
Wishing you much joy & happiness as you begin a new chapter in your life.
You were the best colleague that I have ever worked with.
I wish you all the best for your future.
It's time to move on and scale new heights.
But we wish that you don't forget the old friends who have loved you always.
Goodbye is only truly painful if you know
you will never say hello again...
Keep us informed about your welfare!
Farewell, my friend we'll miss you!!
Go ahead, enjoy your new job.
We are friends forever!!
The troubles of miles of commute was undone by your one smile.
In the journey of life you meet several people who are hard to forget.
I am glad to have met a person like you.
Hope the path ahead is smooth for you and may you reach your goal without fuss.
Farewell my dear.
Thanks for all those times when you helped me in the tasks I wasn't able to do on time.
It will be difficult to fill the void created by your absence.
I am really going to miss you.
Best of luck!
Not always do you find a friend in a colleague.
But here I was lucky.
Hope we retain this friendship even after you have moved on.
Saying good bye with the hope to meet you soon.
This goodbye might be painful
but it is not the end.
My heart knows, that we will meet again...
Morning classes, bunking college, midnight studies, late night drives, we have seen a wonderful time together.
But now it's time to part. But its not the final goodbye, see you soon
The tiring office hours seemed much more relaxed when you were around.
You will be missed with each passing day.
All the best for your future endeavors.
Today our team is going to lose its sense of humor and its heart beat.
Farewell to the guy who made every day so lively with his jokes and enthusiasm.
I know that you are going to get an awesome salary in your new job but there is no guarantee that you will get awesome colleagues like us too.
You were an asset for the entire department.
We will surely miss you.
Wishing you a great future!
Wish you a smooth sailing ahead and a path full of joy.
May all your dreams come true!
Though we are are sad that you are leaving the company, but we wish that you may have a great future ahead.
Wishing you lots of success.
It has been an enriching experience to work with someone like you.
You will remain my best colleague ever.
Since you are bidding farewell to us,
please know that your legacy would forever remain remain deep in our hearts.
Thank you for being a great leader, friend and a supervisor.
Thank you for all the loving memories, wishes and support.
Those are the possession of my life.
The way I see it, A GOODBYE just means that A HELLO will be coming soon.
I hope to meet you again someday.
Saying goodbye is the hardest part of a relationship but sometimes it is the best thing that can happen.
You have always let your Work speak for you. Let your honesty answer all criticism.
We know you are leaving a very proud man!
You have been kind & generous and wise & witty.
We will miss you!
I had come to rely on your "random wisdom".
Would miss that terribly.
Parting has a bitter sweetness.
Bitter for the present separation and sweet for the future longing.
Hope this farewell is for a short period.
As you embark upon a new path, let us wish you many moments of happiness success and achievements.
May you live your dreams in each moment.
Remember me with a smile that warms a heart.
Remember me for the miles we walked together and got lost to find new paths.
Always remember me for the good!
Goodbyes are never easy...
pictures never carry your warmth..
memories will always pierce the heart...
no words can say it all
I will miss you
I would envy you for your new job, but right now I am just shocked and sad to know that you are leaving.
Farewell to the colleague to made team meetings meaningful and lunch breaks awesome.
The coffee breaks, the canteen chats, office gossips and long hours schedule,
I will miss you in all. Hope the path ahead for you is smooth.
Good bye and take care.
As you choose a new path to walk, may you discover new treasures of life to unlock.
Wait a while and count my wishes, I am sending you lots of good bye kisses.
The truest feelings for someone are known when you are bidding adieu to them.
Now and always I will love you, but it's time that we part and say goodbye.
Even when you are saying goodbye make a promise to say hello again.
Gone with the wind yet so close to my heart.
Maybe we have bid goodbye but it is only a new start.
Sometimes you realize how important people are in your life when you bid goodbye to them.
Parting at the end of a journey isn't the most important part.
It's the journey that fills the hearts.
If you dare to say goodbye
life will always give you a new hello.
It is sometimes difficult to let go of but it is a wonderful feeling to know you are leaving us for a better future.
May you excel in every field of your life.
I will always cherish the happy times I have spent with you.
Whenever I need to smile I know I can look back to them.
Hoping to see you soon. Good Bye!
My good bye should not make you sad as you are going to pursue something better.
Hope God bestows you with success as you take a new path.
We wish you lots of success on your way.
Sadly, we will not go this way together.
When everything is said and done it is best to bid farewell to each other.
Your tear-stained face is the most painful memory of the time we parted.
As it is your last day with us, we'd like to thank you for being a great manager, mentor and guide.
May you shine always.
Wishing you all the success for your upcoming future.
Good bye and good luck.
May this goodbye only be momentary.
Hope to meet you again. May the coming days make you a better person personally and professionally.
Your resignation is the biggest loss that our company has suffered this fiscal.
We all bid farewell to the employee who was a profit-driving machine.
A goodbye is most painful when you can't explain it in words...
You didn't let any of your team members fall behind. Cheers!
One of the most difficult words to say is 'goodbye'.
You were an asset and we were all set with you :) Enjoy!
I know you can only do wondrous things and make friends at workplace.
Will miss you.
I want to hunt down the head hunter who hunted you and tell him that he has managed the best ever hunt.
It will be difficult to find a friend like you.
But let not that hold me from wishing you all the success for the future.
Though it's the time to part I want you to know that you have always been special to me for all the great moments we have shared together.
You will be leaving us but your teachings, morals, ethics and advice will always stay with us. Thanks for being such an inspirational co-worker.
You are leaving behind a legacy that will show young ones the right path to take in the future.
Hope this farewell gives us another opportunity to meet in the future.
The thought of you going away makes me think about all the times when I could have said how much I love you, but I didn't
We wish this farewell is temporary and takes you a step closer to a new beginning
Be in touch. Your touch is spiritual.
Dear friends, we studied together all these years and shared our feelings and emotions in this institution.
Today, we move on to different parts of the world.
Though, physically we depart, we are there in each others heart.
Thank you friends..
Words cannot express our sorrow as we bid you farewell today! Your teachings will always light up the ways that lead us to a better future!
You were not only a boss to us, but you were also a great leader who always knew what motivates his employees best! Farewell to you!
You made us believe in ourselves. No one could guide us more successfully than you. It’s hard to bid you farewell for us. But you’ll be missed for sure!
Anyone can be a boss. But few know how to become a leader. You were one those few. Today we say goodbye to an amazing leader!
Farewell does not mean the end of our friendship. We have had a great journey together and we’ll surely meet each other at the end!
Working with you was always learning new things in the office every day. I wonder if I’ll ever have a colleague like you! Good by dear!
Saying farewell is tough but for me it is a moment of happiness because I know you are going away for a better and more prosperous future. Goodbye my friend
Dear colleagues, the time has come to say goodbye.
I had a lovely time working with you all.
Thank you so much for your support guys!
I am really going to miss you!
Definitely, your future is going to be rich, rewarding and kind.
Dear colleagues, I have been working here for long and have gained loads of experience.
Thank you for all the cooperation that you extended to me.
I take this opportunity of sending you a thank you note to express my grateful regards to my friends and colleagues.
I really enjoyed working with you all!
And I am really going to miss our coffee breaks!
It may be hard to say goodby but the 'good' with it is a promise of something better.
Dear students, may you have a bright future.
You have always been successful students and we wish you all the very best.
May you achieve success.
The dedication with which you have pursued your studies in this school should also guide in your further education and career.
May God bless you and help you achieve your dreams.
Do not forget us. We will always be there for you whenever you need us.
you have surely held our heads high with your fabulous results and achievements.
We would like to appreciate your efforts.
On your farewell, we wish you all the best.
Keep up the spirit and study with the utmost dedication.
As we bid you farewell, we hope that the education you gained here would help you in your future.
Good luck for your higher studies and continue to achieve success.
May you enjoy your life and achieve greater heights in your career.
We wish you best of luck.
It was a great pleasure being a teacher of such good students.
Happy farewell dear children and all the best for your bright future.
“Congratulations on your new job, we wish you all the best,” You will One of the most common reasons an employee will leave is to take a.
Farewell Messages for Colleagues: Colleagues, team members and bosses who are more friends rather than mere co-workers deserve a special send off. A touching message, heartfelt goodbye quotes, plethora of funny jokes, inspirational farewell speeches, and greeting cards that celebrate their achievements in the office – there are just some of the things that are the order of the day when close colleagues leave. Whether it is resignation or retirement, make sure you let your colleagues know that their departure will be a big loss to you not just on a professional level in the office but also on a personal too. Make sure that their farewell party is rife with funny banter, smiles and laughter so that they leave with nothing but memories they’ll hold close to their hearts.
1) I like the feeling of finding it difficult to say goodbye to someone because it only means that I have found a true friend. Farewell.
2) It is hard to say goodbye to a colleague who has been less of a co-worker and more of a friend. I will miss you and I am sad that the joyride of working with you has to come to an end. Farewell.
3) The cold meeting room walls will now feel colder without the warmth of a helpful and considerate colleague like you. Farewell.
4) NEVER in my life have I EVER thought that I would want to work with a colleague FOREVER – until I started working with YOU. Farewell, I will miss you.
5) Having awesome colleagues is a bad habit, because it’ll be impossible to work with someone else now that you’re leaving. Goodbye.
6) Monthly targets and performance appraisals will come and go, but the memories of working with a colleague like you will stay in my forever. Farewell.
7) I want to hunt down the head hunter who hunted you and tell him that he has scored his best hunt ever. Farewell.
8) We are definitely worried about how the performance of our team will decrease when a colleague like you leaves. But what’s more important, is that your absence will make all our hearts grieve. Goodbye.
9) I know that you are going to get an awesome salary in your new job but there is no guarantee that you will get awesome colleagues like us too. Do you still want to go? Farewell.
10) Having you as a partner at work was one of the best professional experiences in my career. Farewell.
11) Your resignation is a cruel reminder that all good things in life must come to an end. You may have stopped being a colleague, but you’ll always remain my friend. Farewell.
12) Now that you are leaving, miscellaneous expenses of the company will decrease, productivity will increase, deadlines will be met and efficiency will spike. On a serious note, the exact opposite will happen. Farewell.
13) I will now have to make an addition to the family pictures on my office desk – YOU, because you have always been more like family and less like a co-worker. Farewell.
14) You were my best critic, honest friend, reliable teammate and dependable colleague. Farewell and keep in touch.
15) Your resignation may have left a small empty cubicle in the office but your departure has left a large empty space in my heart. Congratulations for finding a new job, we will miss you.
16) To our dearest colleague… you decided to move to greener pastures, but your departure will leave our grounds barren and dry. Farewell.
17) Farewell, to the man whose word we trusted more than operating procedures, checklists and manuals. Your knowledge and experience was always beyond par.
18) Without your help and never-ending support, I don’t know how I will be able to hold fort. Without your cheerful smile and motivational notes, I will have to depend on inspirational videos and quotes. Farewell.
19) It was a pleasure being your boss, because you sent all my worries for a toss. As you leave I want to lay my heart bare, to tell you that employees like you are really rare. Goodbye.
20) Your resignation is the biggest loss that our company has suffered this fiscal. We all wish farewell to the employee who was a profit driving machine and a friend so special.
21) As a colleague, you are a shield that protects us from the boss’ rants and a weapon that helps us in our war with monthly targets. Farewell.
22) Without a fun-loving co-worker like you, our after work drinks will turn sober, quiet and slightly more sophisticated. Farewell buddy, we will miss you.
23) Coming to work every day and not seeing your chirpy face will be a painful anguish. But the fun memories we’ve shared at work will never diminish. Farewell.
24) I know that quitting this job has been one of the BEST decisions of your life but just so you know, it will have the WORST impact on your colleagues. While you are set to GAIN a better position, we are set to LOSE a terrific comrade. Farewell.
25) On the outside, I may be smiling while I wish you farewell. But on the inside, I am desperately praying that you will quit your new job and come back to work with us again. Farewell.
26) Because we are in the office, I may not let tears out of my eyes. But I want you to know, that my heart will silently weep and cry. Farewell.
27) I would envy you for your new job, but right now I am just shocked and sad to know that you are leaving. Farewell to the colleague to made lunch breaks awesome and added life to dull team meetings.
28) If I had to play a final prank on you before bidding you farewell, I would tie your legs to your cubicle when you aren’t looking so that you can never leave us. Goodbye.
29) You will go away but your morals, ethics and advice will always stay with us. Thanks for being such an inspirational colleague.
30) We were planning to throw you an amazing party next month and shower you heaps of gifts… but now that you’re leaving that’s not going to happen. So let us know if you change your mind. Farewell.
31) With your resignation your employment in this company may finish, but the sweet memories of working with you will never diminish. Goodbye and farewell.
32) Today our team is going to lose its sense of humor and its heart beat. Farewell to the colleague who made every day seem like a treat.
33) Instead of saying farewell to you, I wish I could say fare-bad so that you come back and continue working with us. But I won’t… because I always wish the best for you. Farewell.
34) If I knew that you would turn out to be such an extraordinary employee, I would have asked you to sign a 10 year contract so that you would never leave me. Farewell.
35) We have planned a grand department party next week which you won’t be able to attend because it seems that life has grander plans for you. Farewell and we will miss you.
36) Your resignation has shook us from the core. Without you, work is going to be a bore. Your departure has made us all sad. Your absence is going to drive us totally mad. Farewell.
37) You better send me a sweet and cheerful good morning text every day. After you leave, I will have nothing else to help me look forward to the day at work. Farewell.
38) In your absence, who will I blame for not meeting deadlines? I’ll miss you, farewell.
39) I am saying goodbye not just to a colleague, but also to a friend and my greatest source of inspiration. Farewell.
40) The boss may be sad because of losing a hardworking and efficient employee, but we are sad because your heart-warming smile we will no longer see. Goodbye and farewell.
Your colleague is about to go and you want to wish them luck? It is always a good idea to big goodbye to colleagues along with blessings so that they go with a smile on their face and take good memories in their heart.
Colleagues hold a special place in one’s life. They work with you, see you grow and see your struggles. They help you in low and party with you in high-on-life times. Colleagues are the professional friends who are there with you all through your professional life phases. Therefore, it is really important that you big them goodbye by sending our cheerful messages. Because, inside somewhere, even the one who is going is sad to leave and go to a new place.
You can also give them a souvenir which will always remind your colleagues of good times he or she had spent with you.
Below are some of the best goodbye messages for colleagues! Check them out:
Wishing you much joy,
love and happiness
as you embark upon your new career path. Goodbye!
You may leave this place
but your legacy remains as is.
Good luck for future endeavours.
Farewell to you,
although my eyes may not weep and cry
but my heart is crying out loud
to let you go far from us.
Be as you are. Goodbye.
As you decided to move to a better land,
you leave an empty void in our hearts
and this place which shall remember your great personality.
All the best.
You have a long way to go
as the world out there welcomes you
with open arms to take you to newer heights.
Working with you has been a blast
and always cheerful.
Never a dull moment. Goodbye.
Its only a departing handshake.
Although you will be dearly missed
and hope to see you again.
Farewell my friend.
Don’t be sad because you are leaving.
Instead be happy as you take back memories
with you to cherish forever.
All the best.
Its time to say goodbye to the most happening person on the team area
and I’m sure the team will miss you as much as they liked you.
Cheers to our bonding till now. Goodbye.
A big episode of your professional life has ended
and a new one awaits you with warmth and happiness.
You were great during coffee-breaks
and lunch breaks as well.
We will surely miss you.
You embarked on all professional endeavours
with full valor and motivation.
Now is the time to rejoice
and prepare for your next endeavour as you leave us.
You’ve been great.
Working with you was a pleasure.
A great learning experience too.
Good luck and godspeed.
We only part at work but in life
we remain as good friends as we are today.
Happy Life ahead.
You may not be here now
but your attitude and commitment towards work will surely be missed.
We wish this farewell is temporary
and we shall meet soon again.
We wish you great authorship of your new book i.e. your new job.
Write a good one again like this here.
Now that you leave,
I’ll have to actually work for the time
we liked to waste here.
Go where no one has gone
and do what others haven’t done.
You may end up being a better person always.
Accept my best and sincere wishes
as you start a new phase of your career.
To say goodbye to you is so hard
which means I am going to lose
something very important in my life.
Farewell friend and Godspeed.
With you even the late night works seemed so cheering.
You were always our energizer.
Good luck and best wishes for your new phase of life.
I wish each and every one of you
the best of my wishes in all of your future endeavours.
Its difficult to see you go from this office.
In your absence this office is going to be subdued.
Farewell & Goodbye
I am lucky to have worked with you.
I admit I have learnt a lot from you all.
Cheer to our time here.
Keep in touch.
I’ll miss the times we spent here together.
Your employment here
may finish but your presence here will never diminish.
We never had Monday morning blues
because of fun colleagues like you. Goodbye.
Your cabin will remain empty
until another boss arrives
but your place in our hearts will always remain void.
With you gone I’ll have to deal with everyone here
and I shall remember all the pranks we did together with the team.
Thanks for being the friend, mentor,
leader, motivator, colleague like never been before.
You will be surely missed.
With you leaving you leave your cheerful memories with us
and the moments we shared together in our careers. Goodbye.
Hope you liked these heartfelt goodbye messages for colleagues. Feel free to send them to you colleague who is leaving the place and going away. You can use traditional means to send this messages like greeting cards, letters or you can send it on phone using whatsapp, or on web using social media.
Stay connected with us for more!
25 goodbye messages to coworker who is taking retirement . Now that you're leaving, we can't help but be sad for the great friend and coworker that 25 farewell messages to coworker who will work for another company.
“Congratulations on your new job, we wish you all the best,” You will likely have to utter these words more than once, and this can also be tough to say to an employee who is leaving your organization. It’s never easy watching someone go, especially long-time employees that have commanded much respect and admiration during the course of their time at your company. Employees resign and move on for many different reasons. Specific long-time employees may be heading for retirement. Or perhaps their husband, wife, or partner has accepted a position in a different city and they must go with them. Some employees are faced with resigning to deal with the illness of a loved one, whether a sick parent or sick partner. Certain employee resignations are due to their own illnesses. While other employee resignations come because they are unhappy with the current state of their career. And then there are employees who simply know it is just time to move onto the next stage of their life – whatever that may be. In any case, you need to be prepared for the proper ways to handle employee resignations and the etiquette behind extending them goodbye wishes, wherever they are headed.
One of the most common reasons an employee will leave is to take a higher career path. And if you have a good relationship with them, no matter how much you are disappointed that they are leaving, a “congratulations on your new job” is in order. While you may wonder what you could have done to keep them there, don’t, the time has passed, don’t try to renegotiate if they have already accepted the new position because in their mind they have already moved on. What you can do is show them how much they were appreciated.
After you and your employee have documented their resignation with a signed and dated resignation letter, agree upon how you will announce it to the rest of the team. A companywide email or words of congrats at your next office meeting are two good ways to let the rest of the team know. See if the employee who is leaving wants to include personal contact information in an email so others can keep in touch. You may also want to decide if the name of the new company they will be joining will be included. If this is an employee you trust and value you will likely be delighted to have them wrap up loose ends, upon providing their two weeks’ notice. Maybe you will not require the full two weeks, but this time allows them to organize their work into a concise package for their replacement. The time allows you to either locate a proper replacement and train that replacement or for the employee to help train someone internally, it additionally gives you the opportunity to plan a proper ‘congratulations on your new job’ party. First off, pick out the perfect congratulations card and have the entire office sign it. You can customize your congratulations card with personalized text and even include photographs of you and your employees. You can choose to include your own verse in the congratulations card or pick from congratulations card verses that are expertly crafted. Here are some suggestions:
A ‘congratulations on your new job’ party can be organized at the office or an outside venue. You can send another companywide email to notify the guests or create personalized congratulations party invitations. While an event outside the office can sometimes be nice, a catered lunch during the workday and a few kind words can also be a good way for you and your employees to bid farewell. You may even want to give a gift like a personalized plaque, a bottle of wine, an engraved pen, a gift basket filled with candy, snacks, or coffee products, or even something a bit more personal if you are in-tune with what they like.
Another common reason a long-time employee will leave your organization is retirement. You can follow a very similar format for those leaving for this reason. A retirement card, a companywide announcement, and a retirement party with corresponding retirement invitations are all classy ways to celebrate an employee’s departure. Retirement gifts are also nice, along with an included message of appreciation. Here are some retirement card messages you can try:
Even the ‘congratulations on your new job’ verses from above can be interchanged with retirement card verbiage.
A new baby may be another reason an employee is resigning. For a jovial time like this, you can follow many of the same practices above; using baby congratulations cards, a companywide announcement, and even hosting an office baby shower. You can send out invitations, bring gifts for the upcoming child, have the in or out-of-office event catered, and enjoy the celebration with friendly coworkers. If you are including a card, here are some suggested verses:
If someone is facing hard times with a family situation or is in some way affected by a long-term illness, this will require a bit more finesse. A sympathy card or ‘get well’ card (depending on the situation) may be appropriate. Your employee may want to keep this situation private, so consult with them before telling other coworkers and see how they would like to handle it. A party will likely not be appropriate in this situation, but a low-key luncheon may be okay. If you are providing a sympathy card or ‘get well’ card here are some suggested verses:
It’s always tough to watch a good employee leave, but there comes a time where everyone must move on. Listed above are the best ways to handle an employee resignation and the most common reasons for their departure. Bid them farewell properly, wish them congratulations or good luck if the situation calls for it, show your appreciation, and then look towards the future.
Here you'll find inspiration and examples of what to write in a card or message to a colleague that's leaving, and you'll discover how to write a farewell if you're.