23. Honesty is a good thing, but it is not profitable to its possessor unless it is kept under control. – Don Marquis. Honesty Quote: Honesty is a good thing, but it.
96 Honesty QuotesBeing honest is always the best practice in any situation. Let these honesty quotes remind you of this. When you are always honest there is never a need to try and remember what you said. A good way to live your life!
sayings about honesty | Honesty quotes for kids, Quotes on honesty for kidsA Do that which is Honest Vinyl wall Decal,Spiritual Wall Quote, Christian Wall.
Trust is built and maintained by many small actions over time.
Trust is not a matter of technique, tricks, or tools but of character.
We are trusted because of our way of being, not because of our polished exteriors or our expertly crafted communications.
Here are some quotes that may be useful to consider as you think about the role of trust in your life and leadership:
1. "It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it." --Warren Buffett
2. "We need people in our lives with whom we can be as open as possible. To have real conversations with people may seem like such a simple, obvious suggestion, but it involves courage and risk." --Thomas Moore
3. "The glue that holds all relationships together--including the relationship between the leader and the led--is trust, and trust is based on integrity." --Brian Tracy
4. "Trust is like blood pressure. It's silent, vital to good health, and if abused it can be deadly." --Frank Sonnenberg, author of Follow Your Conscience
5. "Just trust yourself, then you will know how to live." --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
6. "Better to trust the man who is frequently in error than the one who is never in doubt." --Eric Sevareid
7. "It takes two to do the trust tango--the one who risks (the trustor) and the one who is trustworthy (the trustee); each must play their role. --Charles H. Green, The Trusted Advisor
8. "The leaders who work most effectively, it seems to me, never say 'I.' And that's not because they have trained themselves not to say 'I.' They don't think 'I.' They think 'we'; they think 'team.' They understand their job to be to make the team function. They accept responsibility and don't sidestep it, but 'we' gets the credit.... This is what creates trust, what enables you to get the task done." --Peter Drucker, author of Managing for the Future
9. "Trust is built when someone is vulnerable and not taken advantage of." --Bob Vanourek, author of Triple Crown Leadership
10. "The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them." --Ernest Hemingway
11. "If you don't have trust inside your company, then you can't transfer it to your customers." --Roger Staubach
12. "The people when rightly and fully trusted will return the trust." --Abraham Lincoln
13. "Trust is the lubrication that makes it possible for organizations to work." --Warren Bennis
14. "Trust, but verify." --Ronald Reagan
15."Trust each other again and again. When the trust level gets high enough, people transcend apparent limits, discovering new and awesome abilities of which they were previously unaware." --David Armistead
16."People follow leaders by choice. Without trust, at best you get compliance." --Jesse Lyn Stoner, author of Full Steam Ahead
17. "When people honor each other, there is a trust established that leads to synergy, interdependence, and deep respect. Both parties make decisions and choices based on what is right, what is best, what is valued most highly." --Blaine Lee
18. "When a gifted team dedicates itself to unselfish trust and combines instinct with boldness and effort, it is ready to climb." --Patanjali
19. "He who does not trust enough will not be trusted." --Lao Tzu
20. "Leadership requires five ingredients--brains, energy, determination, trust, and ethics. The key challenges today are in terms of the last two--trust and ethics." --Fred Hilmer
21. "You must trust and believe in people, or life becomes impossible." --Anton Chekhov
22. "Wise men put their trust in ideas and not in circumstances." --Ralph Waldo Emerson
23. "Few things help an individual more than to place responsibility upon him, and to let him know that you trust him." --Booker T. Washington
24. "It is mutual trust, even more than mutual interest, that holds human associations together." --H. L. Mencken
25. "When the trust account is high, communication is easy, instant, and effective." --Stephen R. Covey
26. "To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved." --George MacDonald
27. "When mistrust comes in, loves goes out." --Irish proverb
28."Trust is built with consistency." --Lincoln Chafee
29. "Learning to trust is one of life's most difficult tasks." --Isaac Watts
30. "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." --Albert Einstein
The most precious thing in this world is trust. It can take years to earn and only a matter of seconds to lose, so it's important to keep trust at the forefront of everything you do. It can make a big difference in your life and leadership.
Start today with a concerted effort to cultivate, earn, and build trust, and discover the difference it can make.
The opinions expressed here by Inc.com columnists are their own, not those of Inc.com.
Honesty quotes: Honesty means telling the truth even if the reality is unpalatable and unsavory. Making someone cry by uttering truth is a lot better than concealing the reality or telling a lie in order to make the listener happy temporarily. Honesty means not only speaking truth; it is also not to steal, cheat, or deceive in anyway. Being honest is important for genuine relationships. Being honest isn’t always easy; otherwise we'd all do it all the time.
Sigmund Freud said
“Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.”
We list herewith certain best quotes for being honest:
“It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.”
― Noel Coward
“No legacy is so rich as honesty.”
― William Shakespeare
“The high road is always respected. Honesty and integrity are always rewarded.”
― Scott Hamilton
“Almost any difficulty will move in the face of honesty. When I am honest I never feel stupid. And when I am honest I am automatically humble.”
― Hugh Prather
Honesty Quotes “In the years ahead of me, I learned that the world is actually filled with people ready to tell you how likely something is, and what it means to be realistic. But what I have also learned is that no one, no one truly knows what is possible until they go and do it.”
- Liz Murray
“Honesty prospers in every condition of life.”
― Friedrich Schiller
“Confidence… thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
“Honesty will never break you.”
― Kate Hudson
“Confidence in others’ honesty is no light testimony of one’s own integrity.”
― Michel de Montaigne
“Honesty does not always bring a response of love, but it is absolutely essential to it.”
― Ray Blanton
“Concentration is my motto – first honesty, then industry, then concentration.”
― Andrew Carnegie
“Your conscience is the measure of the honesty of your selfishness. Listen to it carefully.”
― Richard Bach
“Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Honesty Quotes “Honesty is the most single most important factor having a direct bearing on the final success of an individual, corporation, or product.”
― Ed McMahon
Honesty Quotes Honesty Quotes Honesty Quotes
“Honesty is the cornerstone of all success, without which confidence and ability to perform shall cease to exist.”
―Mary Kay Ash
“I believe fundamental honesty is the keystone of business.”
― Harvey S. Firestone
“To make your children capable of honesty is the beginning of education.”
― John Ruskin
“In finding love, I think it's important to be patient. In being in a relationship, I think it's important to be honest, to communicate, to respect and trust, and to strive to give more than you take.”
― Kina Grannis
“Honesty is as much saying everything as it is saying what is true.”
― Richard Snelling
“Honesty is something you can’t wear out.”
― Waylon Jennings
“Honesty is the best policy.”
― Benjamin Franklin
“Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak, and brave enough to face him when he is afraid, one who will be proud and unbending in honest defeat, and humble and gentle in victory.”
― Douglas MacArthur
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
― Leo Buscaglia
“Be honest, be nice, be a flower not a weed.”
― Aaron Neville
“The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is the ones who have gone over.”
― Hunter S. Thompson
“Honesty and loyalty are key. If two people can be honest with each other about everything, that's probably the biggest key to success.”
― Taylor Lautner
“Just be yourself. Be honest, work towards a goal, and you'll achieve it.”
― Emraan Hashmi
“I like being a strong, independent woman, and to be honest, I was never afraid to be on my own.”
― Dido Armstrong
“Treat those who are good with goodness, and also treat those who are not good with goodness. Thus goodness is attained. Be honest to those who are honest, and be also honest to those who are not honest. Thus honesty is attained.”
― Lao Tzu
“It is a full time job being honest one moment at a time, remembering to love, to honor, to respect. It is a practice, a discipline, worthy of every moment.”
― Jasmine Guy
“I think that if I ever have kids, and they are upset, I won't tell them that people are starving in China or anything like that because it wouldn't change the fact that they were upset. And even if somebody else has it much worse, that doesn't really change the fact that you have what you have.”
― Stephen Chbosky,
“When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.”
― Jess C. Scott
“Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
― Franz Kafka
“If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people.”
― Virginia Woolf
“An honest man is always a child.”
“One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.”
― Maya Angelou
“If I'm honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all.”
― Audrey Hepburn
Honesty Quotes Honesty Quotes Honesty Quotes
“It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.”
― Noel Coward, Blithe Spirit
“The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
“Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters”
― Albert Einstein
“Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it.”
― George R.R. Martin
“To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
“We are all travellers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.”
― Robert Louis Stevenson
“Honesty is the first chapter of the book wisdom.”
― Thomas Jefferson
“Truth never damages a cause that is just.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking...”
― Leo Tolstoy
“To conceal anything from those to whom I am attached, is not in my nature. I can never close my lips where I have opened my heart.”
― Charles Dickens
“You wear a mask for so long, you forget who you were beneath it.”
― Alan Moore
Enjoy our collection of integrity quotes -- take some time to reflect on your actions, choose warren-buffett-quote-integrity Integrity is about doing the right thing; it is being incorruptible, honest, and above all, doing all these.
quotations about honesty
Honesty is such a lonely word.
Everyone is so untrue.
Honesty is hardly ever heard.
And mostly what I need from you.
BILLY JOEL, "Honesty"
The truth is never dangerous. Except when told.
PHILIP MOELLER, Helena's Husband
People who are brutally honest get more satisfaction out of the brutality than out of the honesty.
RICHARD J. NEEDHAM, attributed, The Harper Book of Quotations
Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.
THOMAS JEFFERSON, letter to Nathaniel Macon, Jan. 12, 1819
An honest man's the noblest work of God.
ALEXANDER POPE, Essay on Man
I'd rather get bad news from an honest man than lies from a flatterer.
URSULA K. LE GUIN, The Other Wind
Honesty is the best policy.
AESOP, "The Horse and the Groom", Aesop's Fables
Honesty is the poor man's pork and the rich man's pudding.
Take note, take note, O world,
To be direct and honest is not safe.
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE, Othello
Tags: William Shakespeare
I hold the maxim no less applicable to public than to private affairs, that honesty is the best policy.
GEORGE WASHINGTON, Farewell Address to the People of the United States
An honest man is believed without an oath, for his reputation swears for him.
ELIZA COOK, Diamond Dust
I meant what I said and I said what I meant.
DR. SEUSS, Horton Hatches the Egg
Tags: Dr. Seuss
Honest manhood cannot be attained. It is. If a man is small, as an honest man he stands up and acknowledges he is small and only tries to do what a small man can do--and HE DOES IT. If an honest man is a blacksmith, he merely says he is a blacksmith and he tries to do what a blacksmith can do--and HE DOES IT. In all lines of life an honest man only holds himself out as being just what he is and tries to do the tasks he is able to do--and ALWAYS DOES THEM. An honest man cannot fail.
HONOR L. WILHELM, The Coast, Oct. 1906
What is more arrogant than honesty?
URSULA K. LE GUIN, The Left Hand of Darkness
Honest men are the soft easy cushions on which knaves repose and fatten.
THOMAS OTWAY, Venice Preserved
Honesty maketh rich, but she works slowly.
I'm going to tell it like it is. I hope you can take it like it is.
MALCOLM X, speech at founding rally of the Organization of Afro-American Unity, Jun. 28, 1964
Honesty is still the best policy, but nowadays there are less policy-holders than there used to be.
EVAN ESAR, attributed, 20,000 Quips & Quotes
No legacy is so rich as honesty.
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE, All's Well that Ends Well
An honest man is respected by all parties.
WILLIAM HAZLITT, Characteristics
Are you looking for inspirational quotes that emphasize integrity, honesty, and business ethics? Here are Looking for an inspirational quote about integrity?.