post is made just for you. We offer the top 100 most inspirational quotes about life. How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
Here, we bring you wise sayings from Chartcons, an extensive collection of inspirational, motivational and funny quotations by famous authors, celebrities and scholars
Wisdom is profitable to the wise and in all you get, you must try and get wisdom. In life, we are faced with different choices to make at different times, sometimes it is confusing to determine which choice to make, but a man of wisdom always makes good choices and seldom makes mistakes. Here are some good wise sayings for you.
1. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” Abraham Lincoln
2. “The greatest day in your life and mine is when we take total responsibility for our attitudes. That’s the day we truly grow up.” John C. Maxwell
3. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” Soren Kierkegaard
4. “What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds.” Wayne Dyer
5. Adolescence: When youth assumes the responsibility for answering the phone.
6. Adult education often begins with a teenage marriage.
7. Alimony is sometimes known as bounty on the mutiny.
8. Alimony is the high cost of leaving.
9. All children, even those who don’t deserve it, need love.
10. All people are equal but it’s what they’re equal to that counts.10.
11. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” George Bernard Shaw
12. “There is more to life than increasing its speed.” Mahatma Gandhi
13. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” Confucius
14. “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” Dalai Lama
15. “There are three constants in life…change, choice and principles.” Stephen Covey
16. “Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.” Lou Holtz
17. “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” William James
18. “The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” Scott Hamilton
19. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?” Martin Luther King, Jr.
20. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them–that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” Lao Tzu
21. “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” John F. Kennedy
22. “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” Albert Einstein
23. “When life is too easy for us, we must beware or we may not be ready to meet the blows which sooner or later come to everyone, rich or poor.” Eleanor Roosevelt
24. “God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.” Voltaire
25. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” Winston Churchill
26. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
27. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” Maya Angelou
28. “Once you say you’re going to settle for second, that’s what happens to you in life.” John F. Kennedy
See Also: Common Sayings Everyone Should Know
29. “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” Vince Lombardi
30. “Communication is a skill that you can learn. It’s like riding a bicycle or typing. If you’re willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of every part of your life.” Brian Tracy
31. “Today is life–the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto.” Dale Carnegie
32. “The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you’re in control of your life. If you don’t, life controls you.” Tony Robbins
33. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” Robert Frost
34. “There is no passion to be found playing small–in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” Nelson Mandela
35. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” Jim Rohn
36. “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” Michael Jordan
37. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” Oprah Winfrey
38. “Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become.” C. S. Lewis
39. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.” Henry Ford
40. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” Thomas A. Edison
41. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward.” Amelia Earhart
42. A person with a green thumb seldom paints a town red.
43. A gossip is one who keeps a swivel tongue in her head.
44. A kiss is a contraction of the mouth due to an enlargement of the heart.
45. A lawyer is one who is summoned when a felon needs a friend.
46. A lot of happiness is overlooked because it doesn’t cost anything.
47. One person cannot hold another person down without stooping.
48. “People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.” Eleanor Roosevelt
49. “Remember your dreams and fight for them. You must know what you want from life. There is just one thing that makes your dream become impossible: the fear of failure.” Paulo Coelho
50. “Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.” Thomas Jefferson
51. “We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon.” Franklin D. Roosevelt
52. “Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner.” Les Brown
53. “Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.” Helen Keller
54. “The ultimate value of life depends upon awareness and the power of contemplation rather than upon mere survival.” Aristotle
56. “Don’t take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” Elbert Hubbard
57. “Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent.” Billy Graham
58. “Each person must live their life as a model for others.” Rosa Parks
59. A fool empties his head every time he opens his mouth.
60. A friend is one who knows all about you and loves you just the same.
61. A friend who is not in need could be a friend indeed.
62. A girl who is free for the evening could be very expensive.
63. All the world loves a lover–unless waiting for the phone he’s using.
64. All too often a clear conscience is merely the result of a bad memory.
See Also: Family Saying – Things To Say About Family
65. “My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose–somehow we win out.” Ronald Reagan
66. “Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.” Vivian Komori
67. A diplomat is one who can bring home the bacon without spilling the beans.
68. A dog has many friends because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
69. A dogmatic person always has concrete opinions thoroughly mixed and permanently set.
70. A false friend and a shadow attend only when the sun shines.
71. A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
72. A first grade teacher is one who knows how to make little things count.
73. A folk singer is a person who gets rich singing about how wonderful it is to be poor.
74. All too often you read the directions only to find out what you did wrong.
75. Almost invariably a successful man appears simple but is very wise.
76. A good example of give and take is to take pains to give happiness.
77. A good father, finding his son on the wrong track, will provide switching facilities.
78. A good idea that is shared with others will live forever.
79. A good listener is not only popular, but he learns while he listens.
80. A good reputation is precious, but a good character is priceless.
81. A good salesman is one who convinces his wife she looks fat in a fur coat.
82. A gossip is one who has a sense of rumor.
83. A mere suggestion, when made by the boss, often assumes the importance of a command.
84. A mysterious envelope will be mailed to you with a little window in it. Pay it.
85. A perfect example of minority rule is a baby in the house.
86. A person who shows promise has learned how to keep them.
87. A person is not rewarded for having brains, but only for using them.
88. You soon learn how little you know when a child begins to ask questions.
89. A man too often shows his worst side to his better half.
90. A person who cannot lead and will not follow invariable obstructs.
91. If you are contented with what you have done, you will never reach your potential.
92. If you are in love with yourself, you will never have many rivals.
93. A person who is wrong but won’t admit it often gets angry.
94. Your character is measured by what you would do if you knew you wouldn’t be found out.
95. A philosopher is a man who knows exactly what to do until it happens to him.
96. A practical nurse is one who marries a wealthy patient.
97. A rabbit’s foot is a poor substitute for horse sense.
98. A raving beauty is a girl who finished second in a beauty contest.
99. A shady business never results in a sunny life.
100. A sick man who takes a turn for the nurse is getting better.
Other Interesting Sayings For You
100 Famous Sayings – Popular Sayings
50 Things To Say When Someone Dies
150 Funny Quotes and Sayings
100 Get Well Sayings, Quotes and Greetings
100 Happy Sayings for Joyous Moments
Best 20 Wise Quotes #Happiness. Best 20 Wise Quotes #Inspiring. Best 20 Wise Quotes #Life. Best 20 Wise Quotes #Love. Best 20 Wise.
The Finnish language is full of sayings and wisdom. I feel that Finnish proverbs are the backbone of the Finnish culture because they
Sayings are passed from one generation to the next by oral tradition and I hope this tradition will continue also in the future.
There seem to be hundreds of these nuggets of wisdom because almost every time I have a deeper conversation with an older Finn, I notice a proverb that I haven’t heard before.
As I’m only a humble admirer of the ancient Finnish words and sentence structures, I have used some artistic liberty in the translations.
My goal has been to honor the saying with my translation, not to hurt it. I’m more than happy to welcome any improvements or ideas to make the translations better. After all, language is always a collective effort.
Pssst… Want to add more Finland to your life? Come and follow me on Instagram!
In Finnish: Aamu on iltaa viisaampi.
If you’re unsure, feeling stressed or discouraged, sleep on it. The following morning shows things from the right perspective.
This saying can be also written in the opposite way. Ilta on aamua viisaampi. = The evening is wiser than the morning.
This can be interpreted to mean that you get wiser through age or experience. It can also mean that delaying something can be a good decision, especially if you are acting sentimentally.
In Finnish: Ei kysyvä tieltä eksy.
If you’re unsure, you should ask for advice. In general, we Finns don’t ask much advice because we want to be self-sufficient and also, because we don’t want to disturb others.
This saying reminds Finns that it’s okay to ask. In this sense, there are similarities to the old chestnut in English: “There’s no harm in asking.”
In Finnish: Työ tekijäänsä neuvoo.
When you start something new (a job, hobby, etc.), it’s okay to not know about anything, be slow and to make mistakes. That’s how you’ll learn. You will get better.
In Finnish: Rohkea rokan syö.
This Finnish saying means the same as “Fortune favors the brave”.
In Finnish:Hätä keinon keksii.
This Finnish saying means the same as “Necessity is the mother of invention”. Things always get solved, when it’s the last minute or a critical situation.
In Finnish: Niin metsä vastaa, kuin sinne huudetaan.
This Finnish saying means the same as “What goes around, comes around” or “You reap what you sow”.
In German, there’s a proverb almost word to word with the Finnish expression: ”Wie man in den Wald hineinruft, so schallt es heraus”. The Finnish and German proverb refer to the forest echo.
In Finnish: Mikä laulaen tulee, se viheltäen menee.
This Finnish saying means the same as “Easy come, easy go”. The things that come easy, are easily gone.
In Finnish: Joka vanhoja muistelee, sitä tikulla silmään.
There is no use to dwell on the past and hold a grudge. A similar English expression could be “That’s water under the bridge”.
In Finnish:Pata kattilaa soimaa, musta kylki kummallakin.
This Finnish saying means the same as “The pot calling the kettle black”. The proverb describes a situation in which both parties are equally responsible but one is trying their best to be innocent.
In Finnish: Konstit on monet, sano mummo kun kissalla pöytää pyyhki.
This Finnish saying means the same as “There are more than one ways to skin a cat.”
In Finnish: Tyvestä puuhun noustaan.
This Finnish saying means the same as “Learn to walk before you can run.” The proverb highlights the importance of learning the basics before diving into more advanced things.
In Finnish: Ei ole koiraa karvoihin katsominen.
This Finnish saying means the same as “Don’t judge a book by its cover.”
In Finnish: Hätä ei lue lakia.
This Finnish saying means the same as “Desperate times call for desperate actions” or “Necessity knows no law.”
In Finnish: Ei auta itku markkinoilla.
This Finnish saying means the same as “It’s no use crying over spilled milk.”
In Finnish: Luja tahto vie läpi harmaan kiven.
This Finnish saying means the same as “Where there’s a will there’s a way.”
In Finnish: Mitä?
Used by a Finnish woman. You have been given one chance to improve your last-spoken sentence. Do it wisely.
Do you know some other Finnish proverbs? Or do you want to know more about a certain Finnish saying? Let me know and comment below!
Looking for more information about the Finnish language and culture? Check out some of my other posts:
Wisdom is a great source of power. It’s through others’ stories of failure and success that we learn the most. It’s through their experiences of things we have yet to witness that feeds us the knowledge we need to fly high, to build upon what we already know.
Related:A Word to the Un-Wise: 5 Keys to Wisdom and Wealth
There is little in life that a wise mind can’t conquer. And it’s the sage-like guidance that inspires us to make our life that much better.
Here are 19 insightful quotes from people who lived exceptional lives.
Related: Seeking Advice: The Wisest Way to Hit the Next Level of Success
Lydia Sweatt is the web producer for SUCCESS.com. She recently earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Texas at Arlington and is a Dallas native. She enjoys painting, a hefty taco and discovering new music.
Posted in Motivation, Uncategorized
← How to Construct an Empowering Reality3 Techniques to Never Stop Learning →
Get inspired by these wise words and make the very best out of your life.
Below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous old life quotes, life sayings, and life proverbs, collected over the years from a variety of sources.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
George Bernard Shaw
I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.
We all have two lives. The second one starts when we realize we only have one.
You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
An unexamined life is not worth living.
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.
Alexander Graham Bell
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else.
The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Many Hawaiian proverbs, sayings and quotes help guide island life. Read the famous quotes about Hawaii, Maui and Haleakala too. Learn more about them.