Thank You for Birthday Wishes on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. will help you say "thank you" for the birthday wishes you get on Facebook and by text.
So, you wake up on the morning of your birthday to multiple texts and Facebook notifications, all with birthday wishes for you. When you have a birthday, it is proper to always say thank you for birthday wishes. You want to tell everyone how much you appreciate these sentiments, but you’re not exactly sure how to write thank you messages for birthday wishes.
If you are thanking someone specifically for their birthday wishes, and not for a specific gift, you can send out an email, card, or post a Facebook status, to all of the people that wished you happy birthday. You can also respond individually to their messages if they message you individually.
A good rule of thumb is to respond on the same platform that people sent you wishes on. For example, if people wish you happy birthday on Facebook, it is appropriate to post a status thanking all of your friends for the wishes. If people text you directly, it would make sense to respond individually over text.
Jump to a specific section to answer your question:
Thanking someone for birthday wishes is a lot easier said than done. There are certain things that you should be sure to include when thanking someone for either a gift or for their good wishes.
Something to also keep in mind is that if you are sending a letter, hand write the thank you. Not only does it make it seem more personal, but it also shows how much you really appreciate the wishes.
Sometimes people feel the need to give a long thank you when receiving birthday wishes. However, it is best to keep thank you messages short and sweet. Keep them simple, especially if the messages is going to be a status on Facebook or a text to someone. If you are thanking someone for a gift, the message may be a little longer. If not, keep it short and to the point.
There is no exact time that you should send thank you notes by. However, it is common etiquette to send them as soon as possible. Try not to wait too long from when you received the wish. While receiving a thank you late is better than not ever receiving one, you should still aim to send them in a reasonable amount of time. With technology, it is easy to quickly thank a large amount of people. If you are given a gift, try to send out thank you notes within a week of receiving the gift.
While there are some instances where you would be on the fence about sending a thank you, it is normally expected to send a thank you for birthday wishes. If you see someone in person and they wish you happy birthday, it would make sense to thank them in person and not have to contact them again about it later.
Normally for gifts, it is expected that you send a card. However, for wishes, it is okay to send a text. If you want to send a card to people that wish you happy birthday, that is also totally acceptable! A physical thank you note is special and it will be appreciated no matter what. You can also use a template if you need further help with a physical note.
Thank You for Birthday Wishes on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Saying thank you for the birthday wishes you received can be a tradition many people.
It’s amazing when friends and loved ones shower you with sweet wishes and messages on our birthday. Sometimes these messages can even mean more than the gifts you receive on that special day of yours. Apart from the good feeling that these birthday wishes bring, they also tell you how much your loved ones think about you and appreciate your friendship or presence in their lives.
And when loved ones send you birthday wishes, it is only fine that you reciprocate by thanking them for their wishes. But sometimes we fall short of words to say thank you. If you often find yourself in that situation where you want to say thank you to your family and friends for the birthday wishes they sent you but don’t know how to come up with very meaningful messages to express your gratitude, this page is here to help you.
Below are some great notes and messages that you can update your Facebook status to say a big thank you to family and friends for their birthday wishes.
Words cannot express how much happiness those sweet birthday messages of yours brought into my heart. Thank you.
Thank you for your birthday wishes.
Thank you for your birthday wishes.
Age is not just a number but it is also a reminder of how close you are to death. Thank you for joining me to celebrate my drawing closer to death.
Thank you for your wishes. It’s always great to be thought of by good friends and loved ones.
Thank you for your beautiful birthday wishes.
Thank you for your birthday wishes.
Thank you for your birthday wishes.
Thank you for your Birthday Wishes, your Presents & For Being There
Best Thank You Replies to Birthday Wishes
Spotting the Good that Has Been Done to You | Thank You Quotes
If you liked what you read, please share it. It really helps us a lot.
On Social MediaIn PersonExample ResponsesArticle SummaryQuestions & AnswersRelated ArticlesReferences
wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 30 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time.
wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. This article has over 1,256,703 views, and 12 testimonials from our readers, earning it our reader-approved status. Learn more...
It's your birthday! It's great to see that your friends care about you, but what's an appropriate way to respond? In person, just say "Thank you!" If the well-wishes are sent over social media or physical mail, the etiquette can be a little different, but it's not difficult to learn.
1On Social Media
Post a picture instead (optional). If you want to thank people in a more visible way, take a photo of your smiling face in a party hat, a birthday cake, or another birthday symbol. Post it along with a comment thanking everyone for their birthday wishes. This shows that you put a little effort into making your thanks special, but is still fairly simple to do.
Respond briefly to other posts (optional). As mentioned above, there is no need to respond to every person individually. However, if you'd like to take the extra time, you could "Like" each Facebook post, or reply to any social media post with a short comment such as "Thanks for thinking of me!" or "Thanks, I appreciate it!"
Be specific. Make your friend feel special for her contribution to your birthday celebration, and to your life. Mention the specific gift she gave you, or the card she sent. Tell her how you will use the gift, or that you will "enjoy it for a long time."
Say what your friend wants to hear. Never criticize the gift your friend sent you, bring up something embarrassing, or do anything else that might upset him. If you dislike the gift, try to find something about it that you do enjoy, or thank him for taking the time to pick out (or create) such a thoughtful gift.
When anyone says happy birthday to me, what I should I say?
Just "thank you" or "thank you so much" and a smile should be enough.
How do I reply if someone I hate says "happy birthday" to me?
Put on your best smile, act pleasant and like you don't hate the person, and say, "Thank you." Don't say anything mean, though, as it will encourage him/her to be nasty.
What should I do if I know that my friends planned a surprise birthday for me?
Pretend you don't know, and act surprised at the party. Don't overdo it, though. Just smile and say something like, "Wow, guys, I can't believe you threw me a party, thank you so much!"
What should I do if I want to act a bit humble but let my friends know that it's my birthday?
Just tell them it's your birthday. Or walk to them and say, "guess who's one year closer to death! "
When I receive a gift but I didn't open it till I got home, what do I say the moment I get the gift but do not know what is inside it?
Just smile, say thanks and tell them how excited you are to open it when you get home.
How do I reply if someone says "happy birthday" to me?
Simply say, "Thank you" or "Thank you so much."
How do I respond when someone emails me birthday greetings?
You can just simply send a message with a thank you, to show that their greetings were important to you.
How can I respond when someone asks me for a party and I have no money?
Just explain to them that you're unfortunately on a tight budget. You could offer to have a small gathering at home with some friends though.
What do you do if someone says "happy birthday" to your pet?
You could thank them, Either that or make a joke about it like, "Yep! He's the big 2!". It's not a big deal.
How do I reply after somebody says "thank you" for wishing him/her a happy birthday?
You don't need to reply. But if you want to, say, "You're welcome."
Ask a Question
Find the best way to say thank you on your birthday. Here, we are thank you message for birthday wishes on facebook. Wow! So many.
Your birthday isn’t like any other day; it is quite special to every person, let’s look at it from this point of view, apart from your name which everyone identifies you with, another important thing to every individual is their birthday. When someone remembers your birthday, you can’t help feeling that you’re special to that person.
To mark the significance of this day, Facebook makes it possible for people to write their good wishes on your timeline, thereby encouraging everyone to leave one or two sentences showing that they remember your birthday, and not just remembering your birthday, but they also want you to know that they wish you well on your special day.
Now, after they all post their birthday wishes on your timeline, it will make sense if you could reply or like their post on your timeline personally or individually, but in most cases where the friend list is almost up to five thousand (5,000), it might not be easy for you to reply to everyone individually. That’s quite serious because you want to make sure each of your well-wishers knows that you appreciate or acknowledge their good wishes on your timeline.
Thus, you can just come up with a message that will accommodate everyone and make them know that you appreciate their wishes. When you have this kind of message to post, you necessarily don’t have to reply to each and everyone who wished you. The message will do just fine, and everyone will know that you are not taking them for granted in any way.
There are some tips that you should have in mind while composing this message, While composing this message, make sure you show how you feel about their wishes genuinely because it will make them feel elated and esteemed.
Another thing you should have in mind is that no matter how brief or short the message you want to post is, make sure it accommodates every one of your well-wishers. On Facebook, for instance, you don’t want to post something like, “Thanks to all my colleagues who posted a birthday wish on my Facebook timeline” this has successfully alienated others from being recipients of this post because you limited it to only a particular set of people, that is, your colleagues. So to avoid this kind of mistake and to ensure you comply with the facebook birthday response etiquette, you will do well if you could generalize the post first, then if you feel there is the need to specify some group of people, that should come after you’ve acknowledged everybody first.
However in a bid to accommodate and acknowledge every birthday wish you get, you don’t want to go on and on making mention of so many names, and as such, make your message too lengthy, the trick is to be brief and precise. What is of utmost importance in the whole message is the content, your content should show how grateful and appreciative you are without taking the recipients through the rigors of reading through an epistle to get the message.
Again, in this message, you should ensure that you show how grateful you are for their birthday wishes on your timeline, it’s not like I’m advising flattery, but then, you could just excite them a little bit to make them know that their birthday wishes on your timeline mean a lot to you. I’d bet you; they’ll be looking forward to doing the same or even more when your next birthday comes up.
Finally, don’t be too formal while composing this message, it’s no longer strictly formal when your friends post a birthday wish. On your Facebook timeline, and you, in like manner, should reciprocate the gesture while thanking them, a little slang or catchphrase here or there will do no harm, it will rather make you appear less uptight and make everyone who reads your post see you as such.
Here are some messages you could post on your Facebook timeline to say thank you to your friends on Facebook who posted a birthday wish on your birthday
1. I appreciate your wishes on my Facebook timeline, I don’t even know how to quantify the love you all showed to me, but I want you to know that I am grateful for the lot love. Thank you so much.
2. Honestly, where do I even start?
I never knew I was this loved up, by people who I have met and those I haven’t met mostly, up until now. Your birthday wishes on my timeline worth more than any item I could have received today because it was able to show me that I have a lot of people who care about me and also wish me well, I am very grateful for every of the birthday wishes.
3. Words fail to capture the exact feeling I had when I logged in on my account, and I saw your messages flooding my timeline, I didn’t expect love this much really, I love you so much, friends.
4. Funny thing about life is that sometimes not all family care about you and not all friends care about you. But I am quite lucky because I just discovered that the friends I have are those that really care, likewise my family members, for your birthday wishes on my timeline, I just can’t thank you enough, much love I gat for you all.
5. I just want to use this medium to appreciate everyone who took out of their precious time to wish me on my birthday, what with tight schedules, stress of the day, even network ish and every other inconvenience, yet you still made my day by wishing me here on Facebook, I say a big Thank you to you all.
6. What more can I say, I boast to people that I’ve got the best circle of friends here on Facebook, thanks for not letting me down through wishing me on my birthday, may you always be celebrated.
7. Birthday wishes are not just to show that you care about a person on their special day; it is also a way of saying that I care for you because you are important. Thank you all for making me feel important. I am very grateful.
8. I don’t know what I did to get this lucky. Having wonderful friends who care about you to the extent of remembering your birthday and wishing you on that day is just luck. Thanks for making me know I am indeed lucky.
9. A big big thank you to everyone who remembered my birthday, both those who remembered by themselves and those that were reminded by Facebook. I am very grateful for your birthday wishes.
Don’t Miss >>> 20 Ways to Thank God on Whatsapp
10. If those birthday wishes on my timeline can be calculated in terms of money, I’d bet I would almost be as rich as Mark Zuckerberg himself because your wishes made me feel richer than I could ever imagine. From the depth of my heart, here goes a very big thank you to you all. Love you big.
11. My birthday is not just like any other day to me because it is one of the few days that I come in contact with most of my friends here on Facebook. I appreciate you all and thanks for wishing me well on my birthday.
12. A birthday celebration is incomplete without the wishes of other people. Thank you all for joining in the celebration of my birthday through your good wishes. I am very grateful.
13.I want to seize this opportunity to appreciate everyone who made my birthday a memorable one through their good wishes on my timeline. Thank you so much for your love. XOXO
14. I don’t have to be surrounded by the richest or happiest people in life if I do not matter to them, what matters is knowing that I matter to those that matter in my life, Thank you all for making me know that I matter.
15. One of my hidden fears in life is having a birthday with nobody remembering the date or even wishing me on my birthday, thank you so much for pushing that fear away. Your birthday wishes on my timeline mean so much to me. Love you much.
16. I would like to thank you all for your birthday wishes, your wishes are just so wonderful it got me wishing I could have my birthday everyday, funny, but then, I do appreciate you all.
17. My birthday was special, but your wonderful wishes made it more special, Thank you so much for the wonderful birthday wishes.
18. My birthday is just for a day, but the wishes I got would last for the whole year. Wish I could show you how important your birthday wishes are for me.
I appreciate you guys.
Wow, we’ve got a handful of these messages now, you can pick anyone to suit the way you feel about the birthday wishes you get on your timeline. Of course, feel free to modify it to suit your taste. Happy birthday, celebration!
But sometimes we fall short of words to say thank you. your Facebook status to say a big thank you to family and friends for their birthday.