Teamwork Quotes For Office Wall Art Printable Success Quotes Motivational Wall Decor Inspirational Quote For Work Office Wall Quotes.
Conflict is a perfectly normal and natural phenomenon of the human condition. Learning how to handle conflict, however -- rather than avoid it -- is central to building and maintaining all relationships.
What you need here are negotiation skills, patience and a healthy dose of emotional intelligence. Handling conflict in your workplace also requires that you remain objective, avoid assumptions and pre-conceived notions, and be particularly mindful about blaming others. I have always maintained that when you see a "victim" and a "villain" in every scenario, you'll see no peace.
Instead, practice a heart-centered approach to conflict resolution. That approach, more often than not, can turn negative experiences into positive outcomes. Indeed, you can take more control of the outcome than you might think. Consider what some big names, both past and present (and some unknown) have had to say about conflict:
1. "Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." -- George Bernard Shaw
2. "Don't talk unless you can improve the silence." -- Jorge Luis Borges
3. "You will learn a lot about yourself if you stretch in the direction of goodness, of bigness, of kindness, of forgiveness, of emotional bravery. Be a warrior for love."
-- Cheryl Strayed
4. "There are three solutions to every problem: accept it, change it or leave it. If you can't accept it, change it. If you can't change it, leave it." -- Unknown author
5. "We often add to our pain and suffering by being overly sensitive, over-reacting to minor things and sometimes taking things too personally." -- The Dalai Lama
6. "To be kind is more important than to be right. Many times what people need is not a brilliant mind that speaks but a special heart that listens." -- Unknown Author
7. "Today . . . spend more time with people who bring out the best in you, not the stress in you." -- Unknown Author
8. "You can't control everything. Sometimes you just need to relax and have faith that things will work out. Let go a little and just let life happen." -- Kody Keplinger
9. "Whatever relationships you have attracted in your life at this moment, are precisely the ones you need in your life at this moment. There is a hidden meaning behind all events, and this hidden meaning is serving your own evolution." -- Deepak Chopra
10. "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up." -- Jesse Jackson
11. "The quieter you become, the more you can hear." -- Ram Dass
12. "It can be hard to forgive and let go, but it's important to remember that harboring the resentment and holding a grudge can hurt you even more. The word 'forgive' really means to give something up for yourself, not for them." -- Jack Canfield
13. "The words of the tongue should have three gatekeepers: Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?" -- Arab proverb
14. "When you realize you've made a mistake, make amends immediately. It's easier to eat crow while it's still warm." -- Dan Heist
15. "You have to accept the fact that some people are never going to be for you. Treat them with respect, but you don't need their approval to fulfill your destiny." -- Joel Osteen
16. "When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears." -- Anthony Robbins
17. "Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace." -- Unknown Author
8. "Happiness depends on what you can give, not on what you can get." -- Swami Chinmayananda Saraswati
19. "Let go of the people who dull your shine, poison your spirit and bring you drama. Cancel your subscription to their issues." -- Steve Maraboli
20. "The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn't being said. The art of reading between the lines is a lifelong quest of the wise." -- Shannon L. Alder
21. "You can't see it now, but that thing you didn't get will someday be the best thing you never had. Let it go. Better is coming." -- Mandy Hale
22. "There are always flowers for those who want to see them." -- Henri Matisse
23. "Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer." -- Denis Waitley
24. "There are some people who always seem angry and continuously look for conflict. Walk away from these people. The battle they're fighting isn't with you, it's with themselves." -- Rashida Rowe
25. "Worry is a useless mulling over of things we cannot change." -- Peace Pilgrim
26. "We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right." -- Marianne Williamson
27. "Life is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you respond to it."
-- Lou Holtz
28. "Sometimes letting go is an act of far greater power than defending or holding on." -- Eckhart Tolle
29. "Anger is a feeling that makes your mouth work faster than your mind." -- Evan Esar
30. "Conflict cannot survive without your participation." -- Wayne Dyer
31. "There are two ways of meeting difficulties: You alter the difficulties or you alter yourself meeting them." -- Phyllis Bottome
32. "To solve our most difficult problems, we must radically change our thinking."
-- Stephen Covey
33. "Take a deep breath. Get present in the moment and ask yourself what is important this very second." -- Greg McKeown
34. "Every person in this life has something to teach me -- and as soon as I accept that, I open myself to truly listening." -- Catherine Doucette
35. "Conflict is the beginning of consciousness." -- M. Esther Harding
The original version of this article first appeared on Entrepreneur.com Copyright 2016 by Entrepreneur Media, Inc. All rights reserved.
REAL LIFE. REAL NEWS. REAL VOICES.
Help us tell more of the stories that matter from voices that too often remain unheard.
Join HuffPost Plus
And a big part of the process has to do with respect — promoting self-respect, respect amongst peers, and respect for the work itself. There is no room for.
Respect is sometimes misunderstood and taken for granted by most people even though it is one of the most important characters that we must practice to ourselves and to other people. It’s important to know why respect matters because it’s one of the many things that separate us from animals. It is a basic moral value that highly differentiates us from other living creatures on this earth. It is the reason why relationships are build and last. Respect should not be taken as a weakness but as a strength; it takes strength and true love to respect someone else’s opinion, actions, and decisions. It’s unfortunate that in today’s generation, respect is no longer proudly practiced. It is now taken as a sign of inferiority and is looked upon as self-degrading.
Have you ever wondered what would the world be if we didn’t respect each other? If you think the world now is messed up, it’s going to be even worse if the word “respect” never existed. Respecting yourself, on the other hand, is just as important as respecting others. When you respect yourself, you define your own worth as a human being. If you don’t respect yourself, you will not know how to respect other people too. It’s the same way with love, honesty, hope, and faith. If we practice all these things first before we do it to other people, we will not only reach our full potential as human beings, we’ll be able to create a much better world for the next generation as well.
We collected some of the most well-said messages about respect for you to use as an inspiration. Remember that whoever or wherever you are right now, never ever forget to respect yourself and the people around you. We hope you enjoy these wonderful respect quotes
1. There are lots of people I admire and respect, but I don’t necessarily want to be like them. I’m too happy being myself. – James D’arcy
2. Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery. – Malcolm X
3. Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts? – Confucius
4. Honest communication is built on truth and integrity and upon respect of the one for the other. – Benjamin E. Mays
5. Be kind, don’t judge, and have respect for others. If we can all do this, the world would be a better place. The point is to teach this to the next generation. – Jasmine Guinness
6. Every animal has his or her story, his or her thoughts, daydreams, and interests. All feel joy and love, pain and fear, as we now know beyond any shadow of a doubt. All deserve that the human animal affords them the respect of being cared for with great consideration for those interests or left in peace. – Ingrid Newkirk
7. I am a doctor – it’s a profession that may be considered a special mission, a devotion. It calls for involvement, respect and willingness to help all other people. – Ewa Kopacz
8. Most good relationships are built on mutual trust and respect. – Mona Sutphen
9. Respect is what we owe; love, what we give. – Philip James Bailey
10. I have seen many storms in my life. Most storms have caught me by surprise, so I had to learn very quickly to look further and understand that I am not capable of controlling the weather, to exercise the art of patience and to respect the fury of nature. – Paulo Coelho
11. Knowledge will give you power, but character respect. – Bruce Lee
12. If we lose love and self-respect for each other, this is how we finally die. – Maya Angelou
13. Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners. – Laurence Sterne
14. One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say. – Bryant H. McGill
15. A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone. – Billy Graham
16. The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life. – Richard Bach
17. Prejudice is sinful. All blood flows red. And the most harmful and foolish kind of prejudice is prejudice against yourself. Every woman is your sister, and every woman needs her sisters. So try to give other women the courtesy of your compassion, respect, and forgiveness. Love yourself despite – and because of – your flaws. – Jewell Parker Rhodes
18. The biggest ingredient in a best friend is someone whose actions you respect and who you can truly be yourself around. – Renee Olstead
19. Life is short, and we should respect every moment of it. – Orhan Pamuk
20. We need to reject any politics that targets people because of race or religion. This isn’t a matter of political correctness. It’s a matter of understanding what makes us strong. The world respects us not just for our arsenal; it respects us for our diversity and our openness and the way we respect every faith. – Barack Obama
21. There can be no failure to a man who has not lost his courage, his character, his self-respect, or his self-confidence. He is still a King. – Orison Swett Marden
22. When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect toward others. – Dalai Lama
23. The game of basketball has been everything to me. My place of refuge, the place I’ve always gone where I needed comfort and peace. It’s been the site of intense pain and the most intense feelings of joy and satisfaction. It’s a relationship that has evolved over time, given me the greatest respect and love for the game. – Michael Jordan
24. There is no respect for others without humility in one’s self. – Henri Frederic Amiel
25. We will not agree on every issue. But let us respect those differences and respect one another. Let us recognize that we do not serve an ideology or a political party; we serve the people. – John Lynch
26. I write for those women who do not speak, for those who do not have a voice because they were so terrified, because we are taught to respect fear more than ourselves. We’ve been taught that silence would save us, but it won’t. – Audre Lorde
27. Be a warrior when it comes to delivering on your ambitions. And a saint when it comes to treating people with respect, modeling generosity, and showing up with outright love. – Robin S. Sharma
28. Our parents deserve our honor and respect for giving us life itself. Beyond this, they almost always made countless sacrifices as they cared for and nurtured us through our infancy and childhood, provided us with the necessities of life, and nursed us through physical illnesses and the emotional stresses of growing up. – Ezra Taft Benson
29. Be loyal to those who are loyal to you. And respect everyone, even your enemies, and competition. – John Cena
30. Football is like life – it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority. – Vince Lombardi
31. I’m not concerned with your liking or disliking me. All I ask is that you respect me as a human being. – Jackie Robinson
32. We don’t need to share the same opinions as others, but we need to be respectful. – Taylor Swift
33. We learned about gratitude and humility – that so many people had a hand in our success, from the teachers who inspired us to the janitors who kept our school clean and we were taught to value everyone’s contribution and treat everyone with respect. – Michelle Obama
34. Let us remember we are all part of one American family. We are united in common values, and that includes belief in equality under the law, basic respect for public order, and the right of peaceful protest. – Barack Obama
35. Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that’s real power. – Clint Eastwood
36. Moral authority comes from following universal and timeless principles like honesty, integrity, treating people with respect. – Stephen Covey
37. Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. – Albert Einstein
38. Our deep respect for the land and its harvest is the legacy of generations of farmers who put food on our tables, preserved our landscape, and inspired us with a powerful work ethic. – James H. Douglas, Jr.
39. I love making new friends and I respect people for a lot of different reasons. – Taylor Swift
40. Football is a great deal like life in that it teaches that work, sacrifice, perseverance, competitive drive, selflessness and respect for authority is the price that each and every one of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile. – Vince Lombardi
41. I believe that working with good people matters because then the work environment is good. If there is a sense of respect and belief among the people you work with, that is when good work is done. – Ranbir Kapoor
42. We all have goals: We want to matter. We want to be important. We want to have freedom and power to pursue our creative work. We want respect from our peers and recognition for our accomplishments. Not out of vanity or selfishness, but of an earnest desire to fulfill our personal potential. – Ryan Holiday
43. I think the most important thing in life is self-love, because if you don’t have self-love, and respect for everything about your own body, your own soul, your own capsule, then how can you have an authentic relationship with anyone else? – Shailene Woodley
44. Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become. – C. S. Lewis
45. I have more respect for a man who lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong, than the one who comes up like an angel and is nothing but a devil. – Malcolm X
46. A person’s a person, no matter how small. – Dr. Seuss
47. When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everybody will respect you. – Lao Tzu
48. I call horses ‘divine mirrors’ – they reflect back the emotions you put in. If you put in love and respect and kindness and curiosity, the horse will return that. – Allan Hamilton
49. If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable. – Louis D. Brandeis
50. The true mark of professionalism is the ability to respect everyone else for their styles and always find something positive in every dining experience and highlight it in your thoughts and words. – Johnny Iuzzini
51. If we are not free, no one will respect us. – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
52. My parents taught me about the importance of qualities like kindness, respect, and honesty, and I realize how central values like these have been to me throughout my life. – Kate Middleton
53. Treat everyone with respect and kindness. Period. No exceptions. – Kiana Tom
54. It’s not that the Irish are cynical. It’s rather that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody. – Brendan Behan
55. I’m kind of a good girl – and I’m not. I’m a good girl because I really believe in love, integrity, and respect. I’m a bad girl because I like to tease. I know that I have sex appeal in my deck of cards. But I like to get people thinking. That’s what the stories in my music do. – Katy Perry
56. I’ve been so lucky to work with such great people: people that are such hard workers and have such a respect and appreciation for one another. – Blake Lively
57. Perhaps the surest test of an individual’s integrity is his refusal to do or say anything that would damage his self-respect. – Thomas S. Monson
58. One thing I’ve learned through all the ups and downs is that if you’re doing things right, then you have a core group of people. Not just a core group like your homies or your buddies, but a group of people that has a good influence on you, who you respect and admire, and you know that if they’re on your side, you’re doing something right. – Hope Solo
59. I think I’m a natural-born leader. I know how to bow down to authority if it’s authority that I respect. – Tupac Shakur
60. A hypocrite despises those whom he deceives, but has no respect for himself. He would make a dupe of himself too, if he could. – William Hazlitt
61. There is always the danger that we may just do the work for the sake of the work. This is where the respect and the love and the devotion come in – that we do it to God, to Christ, and that’s why we try to do it as beautifully as possible. – Mother Teresa
62. Different people have different opinions, and it’s okay to respect all of them. – Juan Pablo Galavis
63. I’m the one person who wears the words ‘hustle, loyalty, respect’ on my T-shirts and merchandise. My audience is children. It’s very flattering to see a kid wear your T-shirt; it’s even more flattering to have a dad come up to you and say, ‘I watch you with my kid. Keep doing what you’re doing. You’re a role model for my son.’ – John Cena
64. I accept you, and you get the same respect from me whether you are black, white, gay straight, Asian, bisexual, Australian, tall, fat, whatever it is. We are all people, and I look at the people of the world the same way, as my brothers and sisters. – Nash Grier
65. Many people resented my impatience and honesty, but I never cared about acceptance as much as I cared about respect. – Jackie Robinson
66. It is my goal to love everyone. I hate no one. Regardless of their race, religion, their proclivities, the desire of their heart and how they want to live their life and the decisions that they make. I can even respect people’s decisions and lifestyle choices just as I hope they have the courtesy to respect my decisions and my choices. – Kirk Cameron
67. It’s not that the Irish are cynical. It’s rather that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody. – Brendan Behan
68. In order to exist, man must rebel, but rebellion must respect the limits that it discovers in itself – limits where minds meet, and in meeting, begin to exist. – Albert Camus
69. In finding love, I think it’s important to be patient. In being in a relationship, I think it’s important to be honest, to communicate, to respect and trust, and to strive to give more than you take. – Kina Grannis
70. Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear. – Albert Camus
71. In Republics, the great danger is, that the majority may not sufficiently respect the rights of the minority. – James Madison
72. I wanted to represent minorities in the respect of people who had been bullied in school or people who were gay or lesbian or trans or people who aren’t blonde haired and blue-eyed. I have short hair, and I am covered in tattoos. I like showing people that it’s within their rights to be different. – Ruby Rose
73. Everyone in society should be a role model, not only for their own self-respect, but for respect from others. – Barry Bonds
74. Society as a whole benefits immeasurably from a climate in which all persons, regardless of race or gender, may have the opportunity to earn respect, responsibility, advancement, and remuneration based on ability. – Sandra Day O’Connor
75. I will respect the limits of my experience but that won’t stop me from trying to lead by example of my work. Being a good teammate and picking them up on and off the field is a simple goal of mine. – Anthony Rizzo
76. I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for law. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
77. Show respect to all people, but grovel to none. – Tecumseh
78. Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself. – Abraham Joshua Heschel
79. Do we not realize that self-respect comes with self-reliance? – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
80. Openness, respect, integrity – these are principles that need to underpin pretty much every other decision that you make. – Justin Trudeau
81. As you get older, you grow and mature, and that should never stop. As soon as you stop growing, you’re done living. I’ll always be growing, forever learning, forever taking in advice from people I deeply respect. – Odell Beckham, Jr.
82. I think the sexiest thing about anybody is intelligence. I respect somebody who has a brain and wants to use it more than a pretty face and status. – Sophia Bush
83. religious and in secular affairs, the more fervent beliefs attract followers. If you are a moderate in any respect – if you’re a moderate on abortion, if you’re a moderate on gun control, or if you’re a moderate in your religious faith – it doesn’t evolve into a crusade where you’re either right or wrong, good or bad, with us or against us. – Jimmy Carter
84. I realize that men and women of the military go out and sacrifice their lives and put themselves in harm’s way for my freedom of speech and my freedoms in this country, and my freedom to take a seat or take a knee, so I have the utmost respect for them, and I think what I did was taken out of context and spun a different way. – Colin Kaepernick
85. Love is about mutual respect, apart from attraction. – George Best
86. This world of ours must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect. – Dwight D. Eisenhower
87. To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater. – Bono
88. A lack of boundaries invites a lack of respect.
89. You can’t force someone to respect you, but you can refuse to be disrespected.
90. Respect should be the first thing you give.
91. If people respect you respect them back, if they disrespect you respect them back. They represent their ideology you represent yours.
92. Don’t waste words on people who deserve your silence. Sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all.
93. If you want respect, you have to learn to give it too.
94. Respect starts with yourself.
95. Don’t let someone get comfortable with disrespecting you.
96. Don’t lower your standards for anyone or anything. Self-respect is everything.
97. Truly powerful women don’t explain why they want respect. They simply don’t engage those who don’t give it to them.
98. Self-absorbed people only think about what makes them feel good at the moment – they don’t have any respect or regard for anyone else.
99. Ironically people tend to change their attitude towards you when you begin treating them the way they treat you.
100. How people treat other people is a direct reflection of how they feel about themselves.
101. Treat everyone with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.
102. Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you or makes you happy.
103. We all require and want respect, man or woman, black or white. It’s our basic human right. – Aretha Franklin
104. When I approach a child, he inspires in me two sentiments; tenderness for what he is, and respect for what he may become. – Louis Pasteur
105. Respect your parents. What they tell you is true. Hard work, dedication, and faith will get you anything. Imagination will drive itself. You can get anything you want, but you have to have faith behind all your ideas. Stick to your goals and have an undying faith. – Russell Simmons
106. Climate change does not respect border; it does not respect who you are – rich and poor, small and big. Therefore, this is what we call ‘global challenges,’ which require global solidarity. – Ban Ki-moon
107. I have a great respect for incremental improvement, and I’ve done that sort of thing in my life, but I’ve always been attracted to the more revolutionary changes. I don’t know why. Because they’re harder. They’re much more stressful emotionally. And you usually go through a period where everybody tells you that you’ve completely failed. – Steve Jobs
108. I’m a good girl because I really believe in love, integrity, and respect. – Katy Perry
109. Women live lives of continual apology. They are born and raised to take the blame for other people’s behavior. If they are treated without respect, they tell themselves that they have failed to earn respect. If their husbands do not fancy them, it is because they are unattractive. – Germaine Greer
110. Never respect men merely for their riches, but rather for their philanthropy; we do not value the sun for its height, but for its use. – Gamaliel Bailey
111. I have great respect for the past. If you don’t know where you’ve come from, you don’t know where you’re going. I have respect for the past, but I’m a person of the moment. I’m here, and I do my best to be completely centered at the place I’m at, then I go forward to the next place. – Maya Angelou
112. You must respect people and work hard to be in shape. And I used to train very hard. When the others players went to the beach after training, I was there kicking the ball. – Pele
113. This is what we call smart power. Using every possible tool and partner to advance peace and security. Leaving no one on the sidelines. Showing respect even for one’s enemies. Trying to understand, in so far as psychologically possible, empathize with their perspective and point of view. Helping to define the problems, determine the solutions. – Hillary Clinton
114. A blank wall of social and professional antagonism faces the woman physician that forms a situation of singular and painful loneliness, leaving her without support, respect or professional counsel. – Elizabeth Blackwell
115. When men and women are able to respect and accept their differences then love has a chance to blossom. – John Gray
Filed Under: QuotesTagged With: military, motivation
“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.”
“You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead pursue the things you love doing and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off of you.”
“When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bounds. Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction and you find yourself in a new, great and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.”
“There comes a time when you ought to start doing what you want. Take a job that you love. You will jump out of bed in the morning. I think you are out of your mind if you keep taking jobs that you don’t like because you think it will look good on your resume. Isn’t that a little like saving up sex for your old age?”
“The secret of joy in work is contained in one word – excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it.”
Pearl S. Buck
“I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.”
“Yes, I’ve made a great deal of dough from my fiction, but I never set a single word down on paper with the thought of being paid for it … I have written because it fulfilled me. Maybe it paid off the mortgage on the house and got the kids through college, but those things were on the side—I did it for the buzz. I did it for the pure joy of the thing. And if you can do it for the joy, you can do it forever.”
“Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.”
“Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart.”
“If it falls your lot to be a street sweeper, go out and sweep streets like Michelangelo painted pictures. Sweep streets like Handel and Beethoven composed music. Sweep streets like Shakespeare wrote poetry. Sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will have to pause and say, here lived a great street sweeper who swept his job well.”
Martin Luther King, Jr.
“I think the foremost quality – there’s no success without it – is really loving what you do. If you love it, you do it well, and there’s no success if you don’t do well what you’re working at.”
“Work is love made visible. And if you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the gate of the temple and take alms of those who work with joy.”
“I think people who are creative are the luckiest people on earth. I know that there are no shortcuts, but you must keep your faith in something Greater than You, and keep doing what you love. Do what you love, and you will find the way to get it out to the world.”
“Paul and I, we never thought that we would make much money out of the thing. We just loved writing software.”
“The law of work seems unfair, but nothing can change it; the more enjoyment you get out of your work, the more money you will make.”
“The people who make it to the top – whether they’re musicians, or great chefs, or corporate honchos – are addicted to their calling … [they] are the ones who’d be doing whatever it is they love, even if they weren’t being paid.”
“Never continue in a job you don’t enjoy. If you’re happy in what you’re doing, you’ll like yourself, you’ll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined.”
The 101 best and most insightful quotes on self-esteem and If you can't love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that .. I am bookmarking this page as I take a daily quote to work to get people started!.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T. It’s not just for the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin. Respect should be given if you expect to receive it in return. Showing consideration for others goes a long way. Below you’ll find a collection of wise and inspirational respect quotes, sayings, and proverbs.
Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners.
I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.
If you want to be respected by others, the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to respect you.
That you may retain your self-respect, it is better to displease the people by doing what you know is right, than to temporarily please them by doing what you know is wrong.
William J. H. Boetcker
Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts?
He that respects himself is safe from others; he wears a coat of mail that none can pierce.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Respect is an invention of people who want to cover up the empty place where love should be.
This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible value to him.
William Lyon Phelps
Tolerance implies a respect for another person, not because he is wrong or even because he is right, but because he is human.
Respect commands itself and it can neither be given nor withheld when it is due.
You can demand courtesy but you have to earn respect.
If we can respect the divine within us, if we can treat it with dignity, then we can respect others around us.
Respect begins with this attitude: I acknowledge that you are a creature of extreme worth.
People crave for more respect than love, because they expect love only from few people but they want respect from everyone.
This straight-to-business quote comes from the man who created the happiest place 12) “Imagine your life is perfect in every respect; what would it look like?.