40 Twin Flame Quotes That Will Fire Your Soul . “There is a special bond between twin soulmates – unconditional love, respect for each other, bringing out the.
When their twin dies, the remaining ones often experience profound survivors’ guilt. They have problems with other intimate relationships. Birthdays bring on mourning, said Dr. Nancy L. Segal, professor of psychology at California State University, Fullerton, and director of the Twin Studies Center.
The number of multiple births has risen steadily over the last 40 years, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which means the particular grief experienced by twins will spread through the lives of many more Americans. In 2004, according to the centers, 3.2 percent of live births were twins, compared with 1.9 percent in 1984.
Those who aren’t twins seem largely unable to appreciate the depth and complexity of twin bereavement, therapists and twins themselves said.
“Twins need to reach out to twins who have the same experience so that they can end their isolation,” said Mary R. Morgan, a therapist in New York and an expert in twin bereavement. “What struck me is that although it takes awhile for any group to trust one another, when twinless twins get together in a group, they seem to sense and trust each other immediately, enabling them to move forward in the healing process.”
Research involving twins rarely looks at the relationships between them, Dr. Segal said. Rather, scientists use twins to explore the roles nature and nurture play in a range of health and behavioral phenomena.
Dr. Segal, author of “Entwined Lives: Twins and What They Tell Us About Human Behavior,” studied identical and fraternal twin children at the University of Chicago and found that identical twins tended to cooperate more with each other and were gentler with each other than fraternal twins were.
Her research into bereavement after the loss of a twin, compared with the loss of other relatives, with the exception of children, indicated that identical twins felt a more powerful and persistent grief than fraternal twins, but that both kinds of twins felt that the loss of their sibling was more severe than any other loss.
Twinless Twins was founded in 1986 by Dr. Raymond W. Brandt, a therapist from Fort Wayne, Ind., who had lost his identical twin decades earlier. (Dr. Brandt died in 2001.) The group has 10 chapters around the country and four in Australia, the United Kingdom and Canada.
The group has 400 paid members and 350 registered users of its Web site.
Twinless Twins holds regional meetings and an annual national convention where people talk about their twins and their loss. At the national meeting, there are also workshops for spouses and parents of twins.
Telling a roomful of strangers about losing your twin is like going off the high dive, said Michael Caruso, a 58-year-old physical therapist in Highland, Md. In the summer of 1970, a hit-and-run driver killed Mr. Caruso’s identical twin, Lee, as he walked a motorcycle with a flat tire down a two-lane road on the Jersey Shore. Two years before that, Lee had tried to kill himself.
Mr. Caruso still cannot distinguish himself from his brother in some childhood pictures. He was profoundly disturbed by his brother’s suicidal behavior, and his early death meant they never got to talk about it.
Their family urged him to “suck it up and move on,” Mr. Caruso said. He entered romantic relationships looking for a woman to be as close to him as Lee had been, a common reaction to the yearning for intimacy among those who have lost their twins.
After two marriages that failed, therapy and a career helping others in chronic pain, Mr. Caruso went to his first Twinless Twins meeting. Over time, he learned to accept his brother’s loss and that he could not have stopped him from attempting suicide or his eventual death. He met his current wife, Susan Gray, after starting the meetings, and he says that for the first time, he was not needy in a relationship.
“I let go of the fact that I can’t heal someone,” Mr. Caruso said. “I can only offer help.” When Joshua Fleck looks at the grown-ups in Twinless Twins, he sees his own life some day. He is 11 years old and the only child of Caitlin and Ken Fleck of Horsham, Pa. Five years ago, his identical twin, Shayne, died of an inoperable brain tumor.
The boys had the same blue blankets. After his brother died, Joshua asked that a piece of Shayne’s blanket be stitched into his and a piece from his sewn into his brother’s and placed in his coffin with him. He still sleeps with that blanket.
A year after his brother’s death, Joshua told his mother that a “big piece of his heart went with Shayne,” Ms. Fleck said. She told him about Twinless Twins. Joshua said he worried about what adults there would think of him, but he found friends at the local chapter and the national meeting.
“When I look at Twinless Twins, they all lost their twins but they’re great people,” Joshua said. “They haven’t gotten over it, because you never really get over it. But they have lived their lives to the fullest while still remembering their twin.”
Carolyn Shane, 56, has finally persuaded her family to take her 9-year-old grandniece to Twinless Twins. The little girl lost her twin within days of their birth and Ms. Shane noticed a reticence and sadness for years. Ms. Shane is the little girl’s special aunt because she lost her twin, too, in different ways, several times.
Ms. Shane’s twin brother, Cary Schuman, was born severely brain damaged in their native Illinois. Ms. Shane, who lives in Maplewood, N.J., said she always felt a need to protect her brother. But their parents placed him in an institution when he was 5. From age 10 to 21, Ms. Shane was not taken at all to see her brother. Her father could not cope with his son’s disability, so Cary was never mentioned at home.
Cary died of cancer nine years ago. “I always knew I was an ‘us’, but everyone treated me as a ‘me,’ as just one,” Ms. Shane said.
Her grief upon her brother’s death was so great, she said, that she felt she was going insane. That feeling abated once she began meeting with others at Twinless Twins.
“It’s like we have an unbreakable bond of immediate understanding and empathy,” she said.
Ms. Parravani is now wending her way through the landscape that other twins have traveled. She and Cara went to college together. Cara was the writer, she the photographer. But their shared life was torn apart when Cara was raped, five years before her death. Cara was deeply troubled that her sister could not fully understand what she had been through, Ms. Parravani said.
Ms. Parravani left graduate school for a time to look after Cara, as Cara’s marriage and her emotional health fell apart. She could coax her sister outside only to pose for a series of photographs Christa was assembling of twins in different landscapes. Her sister began to use heroin, Ms. Parravani said, and she died of an accidental fentanyl overdose.
“The hardest part is relearning who I am in the world without her,” she said, sitting in her gallery in Brooklyn, surrounded by pictures of the two of them. “Without her, it’s a long road for me.”Continue reading the main story
Then there are quotes for twins that speak of the special bond, the extra love, and the blessings that two babies bring. These are some of my.
Below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous old twins quotes, twins sayings, and twins proverbs, collected over the years from a variety of sources.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins.
It's double the giggles and double the grins, and double the trouble if you're blessed with twins
I may be a twin, but I am one of a kind.
There's two to wash, two to dry; There's two who argue, two who cry; There's two to kiss, two to hug; and best of all, there's two to love!
You can spend too much time wondering which of identical twins is the more alike.
You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore but let there be spaces in your togetherness. And let the winds of heaven dance between you
Twins have a special bond. They feel safer with each other than with their peers.
The special relationship between twins is that, if there's anyone else in the world that's going to get or be the confidant that you need, it's an identical twin.
Just because two people look the same, doesn't mean they have the same dreams.
Twins: two unique souls united by birth.
I wish I had a twin, so I could know what I look like without plastic surgery.
Look at identical twins. When you get closer, you start to see the small differences. It all depends on how much you magnify it.
In the beginning, we didn't have a clue. There's certainly nothing that prepares you for twins.
My sister and I, you will recollect, were twins, and you know how subtle are the links which bind two souls which are so closely allied.
Arthur Conan Doyle
As twins running a twin store (welcome to Twinning Store by the way!), we know it is hard to find the right words for twins. So whether it is for a Instagram post, birthday card or a note to your twin or twins you know, we got you covered.
Here is an extensive list of our 120 favorite twin sayings, messages, and quotes:
1. ...and 5 minutes later we are friends again
2. "Wait, you have a twin? You didn't tell me"
3. A true twin will understand you even when you just say half a word
4. A twinstatic joke = a fantastic joke only you and your twin will understand
5. All we do is twin, twin, twin
6. Always wanting to ask "Can my twin come too?"
7. Answering to two names like a pro
8. Behind every great twin is a greater twin
9. Sided with a twin successfully (said no one ever)
10. Being tagged in the wrong photos
11. Being used to two names squeezed into one birthday song
12. Bestest of friends (except when hungry or tired)
13. Born to be besties
14. Born together, best friends forever
15. Buying a gift for my twin = medium to hard | Keeping the gift a secret = impossible
16. Clones are better than drones
17. Confusing your twin's memories with your own
18. Double Trouble
19. Every time I watch a HGTV I think how I would turn the man cave into a twin cave
20. From the same mister
21. From wombmate to roommate
22. Getting the same gifts in different colors
23. Have a twintastic day
24. Having been called "the twins" your whole life
25. Having to answer "Can you read each other's mind?"
26. Having to answer "Do you ever switch places?"
27. Having to answer "Who is better at ____?"
28. Having to answer: are you identical or fraternal?
29. Home is where my twin is
30. I didn't choose the twin life, the twin life chose me
31. I don’t need to pay a therapist to give me crap. I have a twin that does it for free.
32. I got 99 problems and being a twin ain't one
33. I'd rather be hanging out with my twin
34. I'm the bossy twin
35. I'm the evil twin
36. If you mess with my twin, you mess with me (and it isn't pretty)
37. J'adore my twin
38. Keeping a secret from my twin is mission impossible
39. Knowing the skill of blowing out birthday candles with my twin in perfect unison
40. Life is better with a twin
41. Me and my twin = squad goals since day 1
42. Me and my twin stick together through thick and thin
43. Must love my twin
44. My clone
45. My person
46. My twin and I don't do trick and treat, we trick people year round
47. My twin knows me better than I know myself
48. My twin made me do it
49. My twin says I'm a badass
50. My twin will tell me truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (especially when not asked)
51. My twin's twin is awesome
52. My twin's twin is never wrong
53. Namastay a twin
54. Natural born soul mate
55. Nickname as a twin: "The twins", "Your twin's name", and "Your name"
56. No hate for wombmate
57. No one can make me laugh as my twin
58. No one understands sharing is caring better than twins
59. Not knowing what it is like to have your own birthday
60. Not knowing who's who in baby photos
61. Nothing can come betwin us
62. Obviously, Santa has a twin
63. On Friday the 13th, we like to stand stand by side by side, hold hands and stare at people
64. Only I can call out my twin's faults
65. Same, same, but sooooo different
66. Talking to eachother 24/7
67. Thankful that Monday doesn't have a twin
68. That awkward moment when someone says your names in the opposite order
69. The one who dares talking to me before coffee on Monday morning is my twin
70. The struggle of being the nice twin
71. The twin bond is stronger than James Bond
72. The weekend called, it is sending its twin in five days
73. There is always a twin more active on social media
74. There is always a twin who got away with more trouble
75. They wish they were twinning like us
76. This year I'm going as my twin for Halloween
77. Through ups and downs it is me and my twin against the world
78. Twice as strong
79. Twin for life
80. Twin power
81. Twin sandwich = when your friends make you stand on opposite of them in a photo
82. Twin storytelling: one twin tells half, the other the other half
84. Twinmaggedeon = when two twins fight and make up after 10 minutes
85. Twinning from the very beginning
86. Twinning is better than winning
87. Twinpetition = the healthy, but constant competition between twins
88. Twins by chance, best friends by choice
89. Twins rule the world
90. Two is better than one
91. Two twins is a gang
92. Wanting to ask: what's it like to not be a twin?
93. We are twinlingual (aka we only need stares, gestures, half sentences to understand eachother)
94. We LITERALLY complete each other's sentences
95. We're not interrupting each other, we're just completing each other's sentences
96. What's the problem with twin witches? You never know which witch is which
97. When my twin posts a photo where only one of us looks good (and it's not me)
98. When people start pointing out all the differences between you and your twin
99. When someone calls you by your twin's name and you just go along with it
100. When you are the younger twin and older twin acts like there is a whole generation between you
101. When you argue with your twin, but think of something funny and stop the fight to share the laugh
102. When you tell a story and your twin tells the stuff you wanted to leave out
103. When you wish your twin happy birthday to remind everyone that it is your birthday
104. Womb mates since ...
105. You can't say twins, without saying wins
106. You twinspire us
107. Yes, we are twins. Don't stare. Just ask.
108. No. You are not seeing double.
110. My best friend is a twin
111. We speak twin
112. Us twins? Never seen the person before
113. We don't switch places (or do we?)
114. Professional mind readers
115. Twincess forever
116. My twin rules
117. Yes we're twins, but NOT identical
118. Distance is temporary, but our twin love is permanent
119. Twincation is the best kind of vacation
120. It's a twin thing
To see more like these, make sure to follow us onInstagram.
We would love to see your favorites too!
Twinning Store was established by twin sisters K & E in Los Angeles in July 2017. We sell clothing for twins, because twins rule! We have quickly become the #1 choice for twins worldwide and have shipped to over 35 countries in over 5 continents. (P.S. We have also made a collection for twin dad and twin mom).
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
104 quotes have been tagged as twins: J.K. Rowling: 'Fred, you next, the plump woman said. I'm not Fred, I'm George, said the boy. Honestly, woman.
Twins have always attracted special attention, being the unique situation of receiving two children at the same time. A twin shares their entire life with a sibling, and they are known for developing close bonds. Throughout history, many cultures have even developed the idea that twins share psychic bonds that make them closer than other siblings, friends, and family. Because of the uniqueness of twins, many people have had interesting things to say about the concept and situation of twins.
Many individuals see twins as lucky. In some cultures, they have also been seen as an omen. There have been a number of different attitudes and takes on the birth of twins in a family.
Whether you are a twin, the parent of twins, or close friends of twins, there is a quote here for just about anyone. We have compiled 100 popular quotes about twins that will make you laugh, reflect, and think. Share them with loved ones who will understand the joy and peculiarity of twins.
There is a variety of short and long quotes here for a number of different situations. Enjoy this compilation of quotes about twins!
1. Being a twin is like being born with a best friend. – Tricia Marrapodi
2. My strength and my weakness are twins in the same womb. – Marge Piercy
3. There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins. – Josh Billings
4. I’m in love with music, and I’m pregnant by it. It’s like having twins. Or triplets. Or eight-lets! – R. Kelly
5. They’re not just sisters and twins. They’re best friends, and they care genuinely about each other. – Chelsi Welch
6. When twins are separated, their spirits steal away to find the other. – Jandy Nelson
7. It’s double the giggles and double the grins, and double the trouble if you’re blessed with twins.
8. It’s a twin thing. 10 tiny fingers, 10 tiny toes, 2 babies to cuddle, 2 babies to snuggle, 2 babies sleeping side by side, 2 babies growing side by side, 2 babies chatting, 2 babies giggling, 2 heart melting smiles, 2 heart melting kisses, 2 best friends to share their life together, with double the hugs and double the love!
9. A good neighbor will babysit. A great neighbor will babysit twins.
10. At times like this, Eryn didn’t feel like they were just twins. They were teammates. They were partners. They were two halves of the same brain. ― Margaret Peterson Haddix
11. Body and spirit are twins: God only knows which is which. – Algernon Charles Swinburne
12. Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother. – Khalil Gibran
13. I may be a twin, but I am one of a kind. – Jerry Smith
14. All who would win joy, must share it; happiness was born a twin. – Lord Byron
15. You can spend too much time wondering which of identical twins is the more alike. – Robert Brault
16. So many good things come in pairs, like ears, socks and panda bears. But, best of all are the set of twins, with extra laughter, double grins.
17. Look at identical twins. When you get closer, you start to see the small differences. It all depends on how much you magnify it. – Brian Swanson
18. Twins need to know that they can be alone without their twin. ― Joan A. Friedman
19. I guess because twins have this mystique, and triplets – I think the normal sibling connection potentially can be very powerful, and there’s this idea that it’s even more powerful. It really is, not just someone like me, but another version of me. – Curtis Sittenfeld
20. The special relationship with twins is that, if there’s anyone else in the world that’s going to get or be the confidant that you need, it’s an identical twin. – Sam Underwood
21. It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins. – Chinese Proverb
22. Some twins feel like they need to compare themselves to each other, but we’re not that way. That’s because of my parents, though, and having six kids in the family. – Ashley Olsen
23. My sister and I, you will recollect, were twins, and you know how subtle are the links which bind two souls which are so closely allied. – Arthur Conan Doyle
24. A man says to his mate: “My wife is a twin.” His mate says, “How do you tell them apart?” The man says: “Her brother has a beard.” – Frank Carson
25. You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore… but let there be spaces in your togetherness. And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. – Kahlil Gibran
26. The man who is ostentatious of his modesty is twin to the statue that wears a fig-leaf. – Mark Twain
27. Twin problem – when people try to test your psychic powers.
28. A joy that is shared is a joy made double. – English Proverb
29. I had twins, so it was really uncomfortable [to sleep], because you lay on one side, and there’s a baby, and you lay on the other side and there’s a baby. So I had a really hard time with it. – Jennifer Lopez
30. Twins are more than just friends. They are more like a very small gang.
31. When I was born, the doctor took one look at my face, turned me over and said, “Look, twins!” – Rodney Dangerfield
32. Constant togetherness is fine – but only for Siamese twins. – Victoria Billings
33. Mum used to say we were the same soul split in two and walking around on four legs. It seems unnatural being born together and then dying apart. – Melodie Ramone
34. Twice as much to love, two blessings from above.
35. I’ve always been fascinated by twins. In my forty years of photographing, whenever there was an opportunity, I would take a picture of twins. I found the notion that two people could appear to look exactly alike very compelling. – Mary Ellen Mark
36. They’re not just sisters and twins. They’re best friends, and they care genuinely about each other.
37. There was nobody in the family who had ever done anything like that before. My brothers – I had two brothers. They were twins. They both became architects. They were both six years older. – Maggie Smith
38. Just because two people look the same, doesn’t mean they have the same dreams. – Brandy Scraps
39. My twin sister never forgets my birthday!
40. Sometimes miracles come in pairs. – Richard Branson
41. Twins have a special bond. They feel safer with each other than with their peers. – Jeanne Phillips
42. I fought with my twin, the enemy within. – Bob Dylan
43. I believe the only people who truly experience and test the application of equality are twins. – Janis Joplin
44. Twins are so practical. It’s always nice to have a spare. – Billie Burke
45. I realized late in life that my twin passions are music and people. – Yo-Yo Ma
46. When you gaze upon the lovely sight. Of twins, arm in arm, asleep at night. Think not that the house has been doubly messed. But that you, as parents, have been doubly blessed. – Jon Bratton
47. Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time. – Marabel Morgan
48. The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend. – Cali Rae Turner
49. My twin sister, my cousin, and I used to write and perform plays for my family. We raided the closets for costumes and fought over parts. I’m sure I was the bossiest one. – Connie Britton
50. Identical twins are endemically alike in many ways. – Edward Norton
51. In this life, we will never truly be apart, for we grew to the same beat of our mother’s heart. – Daphne Fandrich
52. When you swear, swear seriously and solemnly, but at the same time with a smile, for a smile is the twin sister of seriousness. – Plato
53. I was much distressed by next door people who had twin babies and played the violin; but one of the twins died, and the other has eaten the fiddle, so all is peace. – Edward Lear
54. O’er the rugged mountain’s brow Clara threw the twins she nursed, And remarked, ‘I wonder now which will reach the bottom first?’ – Harry Graham
55. Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad. – Romans 9:11
56. Real excellence and humility are not incompatible one with the other, on the contrary, they are twin sisters. – Jean-Baptiste Henri Lacordaire
57. It’s a twin type of telepathy. My sister and I, we share the same DNA, so on paper, we’re the same person. I knew she was pregnant, like, right away – it’s so crazy – but I asked her, and she said yes. – Tia Mowry
58. I’m an only child. My mum and dad are six in each family. They’re both twins, and they only wanted one. I always say to them though that they’re lucky – it could have all gone wrong. – Luke Evans
59. All the work on heritability was never based on looking at genes; it was based on the similarity between identical twins or between parents and children. Now that geneticists can look at genes, they can’t find genes that account for more than 10 percent of the variation in any human trait. – Jerome Kagan
60. Being a twin is not always easy. Why is everyone so blind? I may look like my brother, but I am one of a kind.
61. Without identical twins, you’ll never get to experience entering a hotel room with one of them and watching him run into the full-length mirror because he thought he saw his brother. – Ray Romano
62. Being a twin, and knowing if my twin was gone or lost – that’s a part of me. There’s no way I could be the same person knowing my brother had passed away. – Scott Ellis
63. In the world we live in, what we know and what we don’t know are like Siamese twins, inseparable, existing in a state of confusion. – Haruki Murakami
64. You know, identical twins are never really identical. There is always one that is prettier, and the other one does all the work. – Hedra Carlson
65. Mum used to say we were the same soul split in two and walking around on four legs. It seems unnatural being born together and then dying apart. – Melodie Ramone
66. I’ve been competitive since day one. Even in little things as a child, like having a twin and a direct competitor for who makes better cookies. – Gracie Gold
67. True twins share womb chemistry and endure many fateful slings and arrows together. The fabled connection between twins is true in my case. – Gregory Benford
68. If you are a twin, you watch yourself live two lives–yours and hers. It’s constant comparison. I am never as good as the bad I wanted her to be. I was the only soldier I needed. We couldn’t have known what splitting would mean. Time speeds past fast, scattering like shrapnel, and is quiet as cobwebs. We wait for the ambush. Sister will find out first; she’ll be my living memory. She will be the body left standing. ― Christa Parravani
69. Not even identical twins can have the exact same experiences, and their brains are not wired the same way. – John Medina
70. With twins, reading aloud to them was the only chance I could get to sit down. I read them picture books until they were reading on their own. – Beverly Cleary
71. I can’t tell you how terribly glad I am that you’re going to be all right, George said, rather thickly. I…I wouldn’t know how to act without a twin. ― Sarah Brazytis
72. Anybody who objects to cloning on principle has to answer to all the identical twins in the world who might be insulted by the thought that there is something offensive about their very existence. Clones are simply identical twins. – Richard Dawkins
73. I would love to have twins – a girl and a boy – but who knows if that would happen. It would be my ideal situation. Wham, bam, be done with it. – Joanna Krupa
74. Ah, how little you know of human happiness – you comfortable and benevolent people! For happiness and unhappiness are brother and sister – or even twins who grow up together – or in your case – remain small together! – Friedrich Nietzsche
75. identical twins who have the exact same genes, one may die early of a heart attack and the other may live a long, healthy life – depending on their lifestyle and what they eat. – Michael Greger
76. You can’t live like a monk if you have two five-year-old twins. That ain’t happening. Just the opposite, actually. – Scott Ellis
77. My twin, Go. I’ve said this phrase so many times, it has become a reassuring mantra instead of actual words: Mytwingo. We were born in the ’70s, back when twins were rare, a bit magical: cousins of the unicorn, siblings of the elves. We even have a dash of twin telepathy. Go is truly the one person in the entire world I am totally myself with. I don’t feel the need to explain my actions to her. I don’t clarify, I don’t doubt, I don’t worry. I don’t tell her everything, not anymore, but I tell her more than anyone else, by far. I tell her as much as I can. We spent nine months back to back, covering each other. It became a lifelong habit. It never mattered to me that she was a girl, strange for a deeply self-conscious kid. What can I say? She was always just cool. ― Gillian Flynn
78. I love to be with my twins. They are my true joy in life. – Nancy Grace
79. A lot of people say, ‘Wow, you’re a single father of twin boys, that’s crazy!’ Two toddlers can get hectic, but I wouldn’t change it for anything. Every day they teach me different things. The love is there. When you have a two-year-old saying every other hour, ‘Papi, te amo. Papi, I love you,’ it can’t get better. – Ricky Martin
80. Yeah, reflections! The same, but different. Like twins – like blood brothers! And when you need something bad done, like punishment or revenge, you’ll just ask me, and I will do it. ― Sonya Hartnett
81. There is a special bond between twin soul mates – unconditional love, respect for each other, bringing out the best in each other, and highly compatible. – Julien Offray de La Mettrie
82. Things every person should have: • A nemesis. • An evil twin. • A secret headquarters. • An escape hatch. • A partner in crime. • A secret identity. – Wil Wheaton
83. I always wondered what it must be like to lose a twin—if somehow Mary felt it like it was happening to her. If she felt physical pain. ― Francesca Lia Block
84. A twin knows exactly when the other one is spitting up, but that’s all they know about anything. – Mary-Kate Olsen
85. I’m a twin, I’m a Cancer; I’m always taking care of other people. I’ve always been the fixer in the family, the responsible one. – Gisele Bundchen
86. Twins are usually hailed with delight, because they swell the power of the family, though in some instances they are put to death. – John Hanning Speke
87. Sibling relationships…outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust. – Erica E. Goode
88. Being a twin, and being my sister’s twin, is such a defining part of my life that I wouldn’t know how to be who I am, including a writer, without that being somehow at the center. – Taiye Selasi
89. I would love to have twins. I think there’s something nice about having two babies, and they’re there for each other their whole entire life. – Melanie Brown
90. Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply. – Jane Austen
91. When you have twin four-year-olds, you are able to dance like a fool, often. And I do. – Neil Patrick Harris
92. As siblings, we were inextricably bound, even though our connections were loose and frayed…. And each time we met, we discovered to our surprise and dismay how quickly the intensity of childhood feelings reappeared…. No matter how old we got or how oft. – Jane Mersky Leder
93. Wisdom and goodness are twin-born, one heart must hold both sisters, never seen apart. – William Dean Howells
94. Our instructors do not understand how it is. To be bound to someone in such a way. They are too old, too out of touch with their emotions. They no longer remember what it is to live and breathe within the world. They think it simple to pit any two people against each other. It is never simple. The other person becomes how you define your life, how you define yourself. They become as necessary as breathing. Then they expect the victor to continue on without that. It would be like pulling the Murray twins apart and expecting them to be the same. They would be whole but not complete. – Erin Morgenstern
95. Our siblings. They resemble us just enough to make all their differences confusing, and no matter what we choose to make of this, we are cast in relation to them our whole lives long. – Susan Scarf Merrell
96. The goddess Artemis had a twin brother, Apollo, the many-faceted god of the Sun. He was her male counterpart: his domain was the city, hers the wilderness; his was the sun, hers the moon; his the domesticated flocks, hers the wild, untamed animals; he was the god of music, she was the inspiration for round dances on the mountains. – Jean Shinoda Bolen
97. It’s the most breathtakingly ironic things about living: the fact that we are all-identical twins included-alone. Singular. And yet what we seek-what saves us-is our connection to others. – Wally Lamb
98. What can I tell you about the alchemy of twins? Twins are two bodies that dance to each other’s joy. Two minds that drown in each other’s despair. Two spirits that fly with each other’s love. Twins are two separate beings conjoined at the heart! – Kamand Kojouri
99. There are stars in the night sky that look brighter than the others, and when you look at them through a telescope you realize you are looking at twins. The two stars rotate around each other, sometimes taking nearly a hundred years to do it. They create so much gravitational pull there’s no room around for anything else. You might see a blue star, for example, and realize only later that it has a white dwarf as a companion – that first one shines so bright, by the time you notice the second one, it’s too late. – Jodi Picoult
100. Words, do not have twins in every language. Sometimes they only have distant cousins, and sometimes they pretend that they are not even related. – Monique Truong
Filed Under: QuotesTagged With: jealousy, jspr
Following are the best twin quotes and sayings. We've compiled a list of more than 60 different quotes for you: cute, funny, popular and more.