Oct 6, 2019- Explore carterk5734's board "Funny! Words of Wisdom" on Pinterest. See more ideas about Letter board, Message board and Quote board.
It’s winter. The weather is cold and the days are short. And it will be a while before the next holiday comes around. (Memorial Day seems so far away!)
So if you’re possibly in the need of a little pick-me-up, please enjoy these funny quotes about work. Laughter really is good medicine. It can make even the hardest work day a little bit easier.
“I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.”
― Douglas Adams
“The key to being a good manager is keeping the people who hate me away from those who are still undecided.” ― Casey Stengel
“I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early.”
― Charles Lamb
“If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be meetings.”
― Dave Barry
“Confidence is 10 percent hard work and 90 percent delusion.”
― Tina Fey
“Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?”
― Edgar Bergen
“There go my people. I must find out where they are going so I can lead them.”
― Alexandre Ledru-Rollin
“We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn’t matter, but work is third.”
― Leslie Knope
“Leadership is your ability to hide your panic from others.” ― Laozi
“I’ve got all the money I’ll ever need, if I die by four o’clock.”
― Henny Youngman
“I think Smithers picked me because of my motivational skills. Everyone says they have to work a lot harder when I’m around.”
― Homer Simpson
Funny words of wisdom and funny inspirational quotes about life spread a smile on our face while opening the doors straight to the heart. There is nothing like.
Wisdom is the invisible gift that makes our lives better on planet earth.
Elders in the African system (for the most part) are respected not just for their grey hairs but most importantly the cost and worth of those grey hairs. They are a symbol of experience and lessons learnt. Basically the elderly have seen it all and been through it all.
On the other hand, life is a ride we must learn to enjoy whether it is smooth or bumpy. Through the thick and thin, it is the cheerful spirit that inspires us to never give up.
Have you ever had an experience in the past that left you feeling humiliated, tensed or even silly; only to remember them years later with uncontrollable laughter.
So the essence of this article is to beat nature. If you will eventually find this turbulent and confusing moment hilarious someday why not do so now.
Education is complete and most effective when it’s fun and enjoyable. It is the sugar that helps the medicine go down.
So here you have it, funny wisdom quotes that will delight and educate you:
1. Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone – Anthony Burgess.
2. A deaf husband and a blind wife are always a happy couple – John Florio
3. Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired – Jules Renard.
4. Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city – George Burns.
5. Blessed is he that can laugh at himself, he will never cease to be amused – Unknown.
6. My life needs editing – Mort Sahl.
7. Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive – Elbert Hubbard.
8. Creditors have better memories than debtors – Ben Franklin.
9. I can’t be out of money, I still have checks left – Unknown.
10. Everything is funny as long as it is happening to someone else – Will Rogers.
11. He that drinks beer, thinks beer – Washington Irving.
12. In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: it goes on – Robert Frost.
13. He who dies with the most toys is still dead – Unknown.
14. To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone – Reba McEntire.
15. Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday – Don Marquis.
16. The trouble with the rat-race is that, even if you win, you’re still a rat – Lily Tomlin(American comedienne).
17. Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get – Unknown.
18. If “ifs” and “ands” were pots and pans, there’d be no work for tinkers’ hands – Charles Kingsley.
19. An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but an onion a day keeps everyone away – Cassandra Chatfield.
20. Where so many hours have been spent in convincing myself that I am right, is there not some reason to fear I may be wrong? – Jane Austen.
21. There are 2 kinds of people in the world; those who with positive outlook who jump out of bed in the morning and say, “Good morning Lord!” and those who pull the sheets over their heads and moan “Good Lord is morning!”.
22. Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability – George Bernard Shaw.
23. I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade… And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party – Ron White.
24. To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except exercise, get up early, or be respectable – Oscar Wilde.
See Also: 100+ African Proverbs and Meanings You Didn’t Know
25. In God we trust; all others pay cash – American (on money).
30. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape – Anon.
31. If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise, they’ll kill you – Oscar Wilde.
32. A jury consists of twelve people chosen to decide who has the better lawyer – Robert Frost.
33. It is better to swallow words than to have to eat them later – Franklin Roosevelt.
34. Don’t talk about yourself; it will be done when you leave – Wilson Mizner.
35. Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself – Eleanor Roosevelt.
These funny quotes also shed light on more than a little bit of the truth in the form of witty wisdom. Famous writers and philosophers often express life's irony wrapped up as comedy and humor helps to drive the point home.
Great Words of Wisdom right here on Everyday Power Blog. This funny motivational quote by Vaszily succinctly describes how we are the biggest enemies of.
These are sayings that start with an "if" and finish with something totally off-the-wall. They may not offer a real solution, but at least they offer a chuckle.
These are good things to remember never to do. Most of them are quite logical and all of them are funny.
These funny words to live by make you go, "Huh?" Sometimes, however, there is a spark of wisdom in the foolishness.
These are some really funny words to live by that are in a class of their own. They cover many different situations and usually make a good point.
Groucho Marx was a brilliant comedian and had a philosophy all his own. But, as is true of many jokes and funny sayings, while you are laughing at them, you shake your head and say, "Yeah, that's the way it is, alright." Enjoy the following gems that show the genius of Groucho.
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp
Link to this page
Cite this page
"Funny Words to Live By." YourDictionary. LoveToKnow. quotes.yourdictionary.com/articles/funny-words-to-live-by.html.
Funny Words to Live By. (n.d.). In YourDictionary. Retrieved from https://quotes.yourdictionary.com/articles/funny-words-to-live-by.html
HUMOROUS ~. Compiled by Peter Shepherd. “The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked.” “Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems .