quotes about strength you never know strong until being strong your only choice . You may also like: inspirational quotes motivational quotes.
Let me guess…
You often drag yourself to work and feel like everyday is the same.
Perhaps it feels like your life is on autopilot.
At moments you might even feel like your life is not very meaningful and you miss a clear sense of purpose.
Am I right?
Well, sometimes all you need are a few inspiring wise words that will give you a new perspective on life.
There are a lot of words of wisdom out there and many of them are good, but not life changing.
Here they are…
1. “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”– Albert Einstein
2. Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” – Sigmund Freud
3. “In seeking happiness for others, you will find it in yourself.” – Unknown
4. “Love is a verb. Love – the feeling – is a fruit of love, the verb.” – Stephen Covey
5. “Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.” – Viktor Frankl
6. “He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.” – Michel De Montaigne
7. “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
8. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi
9. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
10.“Challenges is what makes life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
11. “If you want happiness for an hour – take a nap. If you want happiness for a day – go fishing. If you want happiness for a year – inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a life time – help someone else.” – Chinese proverb
12. “Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose.” – Viktor Frankl
13. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
14. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius
15. “Many people are passionate, but because of their limiting beliefs about who they are and what they can do, they never take actions that could make their dream a reality” – Anthony Robins
16. “True success is overcoming the fear of being unsuccessful.” – Paul Sweeney
17. “The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” – C. Joybell
18. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” – Mary Engelbreit
19. “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” – George Bernhard Shaw
20. “Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.” – Henry van Dyke
21. “I would rather die a meaningful death than to live a meaningless life.” – Corazon Aquino
22. “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” – Reinhold Niebuhr
23. “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” – Stephen Covey
24. “We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty.” – Mother Theresa
25. “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.” – Bil Keane
26. “Falling in love is not a choice. To stay in love is.” – Unknown
27. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
28. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein
29. “Happiness is like a butterfly. The more you chase it, the more it eludes you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it comes and sits softly on your shoulder.” – Henry David Thoreau
Do you feel inspired and a little bit wiser?
It’s all too easy though to read these inspiring words and then forget all about them.
So, I challenge you to read them again and then ask yourself what you can do differently in your life from now on to experience more happiness, success and fulfillment.
It might take a little bit of effort from your side, but you’ll reap the rewards for sure.
You can compare it to reading a book about losing weight. Just reading the book won’t make you loose weight. You actually have to get up and do something!
Are you ready to accept the challenge?
About the author:Bas Blikman is the writer and founder of Upfrontblogger.com; A website that gives honest and simple advice for starting a blog that will actually make you money His advice is also great if you want to start your own self improvement blog. You can follow him on Pinterest or visit his website for more information“
Independent Strong Women Quotes and Sayings with Pictures. Strong black women quotes, famous women quotes and beautiful female.
Starting a business is tough. And not just practically, or financially — emotionally, too. Which is why these top inspirational business quotes are so valuable.
Each of these business quotes is a bite-sized morsel of wisdom, capable of injecting that much-needed hit of inspiration, encouragement, and motivation.
So, when you’re exhausted, frustrated, anxious, worried, or just plain freaking out, read these motivational business quotes.
But don’t just scan through these business quotes.
Try to think about how each one applies to your business.
Read. Re-read. Reflect. Apply.
Okay, let’s get stuck into the top business quotes!
These business quotes are a gamechanger. Get ready for some inspiration and action-packed advice.
1. “The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old but on building the new.” — Socrates, father of Western philosophy (Click to tweet)
2. “Always deliver more than expected.” — Larry Page, co-founder of Google (Click to tweet)
3. “Don’t take too much advice. Most people who have a lot of advice to give — with a few exceptions — generalize whatever they did. Don’t over-analyze everything. I myself have been guilty of over-thinking problems. Just build things and find out if they work.” — Ben Silbermann, founder of Pinterest (Click to tweet)
4.“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” — John Quincy Adams, 6th President of the United States (Click to tweet)
5. “Every time we launch a feature, people yell at us.” — Angelo Sotira, co-founder of deviantART (Click to tweet)
6.“Be undeniably good. No marketing effort or social media buzzword can be a substitute for that.” — Anthony Volodkin, founder of Hype Machine (Click to tweet)
7. “What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone, know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.” — Dave Thomas, Founder of Wendy’s (Click to tweet)
8. “If you can’t feed a team with two pizzas, it’s too large.” — Jeff Bezos, Founder and CEO of Amazon (Click to tweet)
9. “If people like you, they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you, they’ll do business with you.” — Zig Ziglar, author, salesman, and motivational speaker (Click to tweet)
10. “If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.” — Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn (Click to tweet)
11. “The value of an idea lies in the using of it.” — Thomas Edison, co-founder of General Electric (Click to tweet)
12. “The stars will never align, and the traffic lights of life will never all be green at the same time. The universe doesn’t conspire against you, but it doesn’t go out of its way to line up the pins either. Conditions are never perfect. ‘Someday’ is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you. Pro and con lists are just as bad. If it’s important to you and you want to do it ‘eventually,’ just do it and correct course along the way.” — Tim Ferriss, author of The 4-Hour Work Week (Click to tweet)
Tim Ferriss business quotes are always so on point.
13. “Make every detail perfect and limit the number of details to perfect.” — Jack Dorsey, co-founder of Twitter (Click to tweet)
14. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” — Steve Jobs, co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Apple Inc. (Click to tweet)
15. “Always look for the fool in the deal. If you don’t find one, it’s you.” — Mark Cuban, AXS TV Chairman and entrepreneur (Click to tweet)
16. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” — Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft (Click to tweet)
Bill Gates business quotes are so full of wisdom.
17. “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.” — Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook (Click to tweet)
18. “If you define yourself by how you differ from the competition, you’re probably in trouble.” — Omar Hamoui, co-founder of AdMob (Click to tweet)
19. “Wonder what your customer really wants? Ask. Don’t tell.” — Lisa Stone, co-founder and CEO of BlogHer (Click to tweet)
20. “When you find an idea that you just can’t stop thinking about, that’s probably a good one to pursue.” — Josh James, CEO and co-founder of Omniture (Click to tweet)
Are these business quotes inspiring you yet? No? Then keep reading…!
21. “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” — Scott Belsky, co-founder of Behance (Click to tweet)
22. “Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” — Golda Meir, fourth Prime Minister of Israel (Click to tweet)
23. “There’s nothing wrong with staying small. You can do big things with a small team.” — Jason Fried, 37signals founder and co-author of Rework (Click to tweet)
24. “The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.” — Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn co-founder (Click to tweet)
25. “Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.” — Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos (Click to tweet)
26. “The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow.” — Ingvar Kamprad, founder of IKEA (Click to tweet)
27. “Nothing works better than just improving your product.” — Joel Spolsky, co-founder of Stack Overflow (Click to tweet)
28. “Get five or six of your smartest friends in a room and ask them to rate your idea.” — Mark Pincus, CEO of Zynga (Click to tweet)
29. “Money is like gasoline during a road trip. You don’t want to run out of gas on your trip, but you’re not doing a tour of gas stations.” — Tim O’Reilly, founder, and CEO of O’Reilly Media (Click to tweet)
30. “Get big quietly, so you don’t tip off potential competitors.” — Chris Dixon, an investor at Andreessen Horowitz (Click to tweet)
Business quotes like this really hit home.
31. “Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” — Steve Jobs, co-founder, Chairman, and CEO of Apple Inc. (Click to tweet)
32. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” — Helen Keller, American author, political activist and lecturer (Click to tweet)
33. “Don’t try to be original, just try to be good.” — Paul Rand, Graphic Designer (Click to tweet)
34. “Always think outside the box and embrace opportunities that appear, wherever they might be.” — Lakshmi Mittal, Chairman & CEO of ArcelorMittal (Click to tweet)
35. “Don’t worry about people stealing your design work. Worry about the day they stop.” — Jeffrey Zeldman, entrepreneur and web designer (Click to tweet)
These inspirational business quotes have some pretty sound advice.
36. “The last 10% it takes to launch something takes as much energy as the first 90%.” — Rob Kalin, founder of Etsy (Click to tweet)
37. “If you’re interested in the living heart of what you do, focus on building things rather than talking about them.” — Ryan Freitas, co-founder of About.me (Click to tweet)
38. “Best startups generally come from somebody needing to scratch an itch.” — Michael Arrington, founder and co-editor of TechCrunch (Click to tweet)
39. “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” — Wayne Huizenga, prolific American business person, owner of Blockbuster Video and the Miami Dolphins. (Click to tweet)
40. “Ideas are easy. Implementation is hard.” — Guy Kawasaki, entrepreneur and co-founder of Alltop (Click to tweet)
41. “An entrepreneur is someone who has a vision for something and a want to create.” — David Karp, founder, and CEO of Tumblr (Click to tweet)
42. “Get a mentor in the applicable field if you’re at all unsure of what you’re looking for.” — Kyle Bragger, founder of Forrst, and co-founder of Exposure (Click to tweet)
43. “Every day that we spent not improving our products was a wasted day.” — Joel Spolsky, co-founder of Stack Overflow (Click to tweet)
44. “Anything that is measured and watched, improves.” — Bob Parsons, founder of GoDaddy (Click to tweet)
45. “Stay self-funded as long as possible.” — Garrett Camp, founder of Expa, Uber, and StumbleUpon (Click to tweet)
We’re going to be throwing in a couple more Tony Hsieh business quotes in here.
46. “Don’t play games that you don’t understand, even if you see lots of other people making money from them.” — Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos (Click to tweet)
47. “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” — Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter (Click to tweet)
48. “Human beings have an innate inner drive to be autonomous, self-determined and connected to one another. And, when that drive is liberated, people achieve more and live richer lives.” — Daniel Pink, author (Click to tweet)
49. “Fortunes are built during the down market and collected in the upmarket.” — Jason Calacanis, founder of LAUNCH Ticker (Click to tweet)
50. “It’s more effective to do something valuable than to hope a logo or name will say it for you.” — Jason Cohen, founder of Smartbear Software (Click to tweet)
Business quotes like this sure do push you towards taking action.
51. “No more romanticizing about how cool it is to be an entrepreneur. It’s a struggle to save your company’s life – and your own skin – every day of the week.” — Spencer Fry, co-founder of CarbonMade (Click to tweet)
52. “You can’t make anything viral, but you can make something good.” — Peter Shankman, founder of HARO (Click to tweet)
53. “Don’t worry about funding if you don’t need it. Today it’s cheaper to start a business than ever.” — Noah Everett, founder of Twitpic (Click to tweet)
54. “Data beats emotions.” — Sean Rad, founder of Tinder (Click to tweet)
This next one is one of my favorite business quotes.
55. “I never dreamed about success, I worked for it.” — Estee Lauder, founder of Estee Lauder Cosmetics (Click to tweet)
56. “I try not to make any decisions that I’m not excited about.” — Jake Nickell, founder and CEO of Threadless (Click to tweet)
57. “See things in the present, even if they are in the future.” — Larry Ellison, co-founder of Oracle (Click to tweet)
58. “You don’t need to have a 100-person company to develop that idea.” — Larry Page, co-founder of Google (Click to tweet)
These business quotes are also great for small businesses.
59. “Ideas are commodity. Execution of them is not.” — Michael Dell, chairman, and CEO of Dell (Click to tweet)
60. “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t – you’re right.” — Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company (Click to tweet)
61. “All humans are entrepreneurs not because they should start companies but because the will to create is encoded in human DNA.” — Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn (Click to tweet)
62. “The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.” — Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft (Click to tweet)
63. “In the end, a vision without the ability to execute it is probably a hallucination.” — Steve Case, co-founder of AOL (Click to tweet)
64. “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.” — Oprah Winfrey, media proprietor (Click to tweet)
65. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” — Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn co-founder (Click to tweet)
66. “Don’t be cocky. Don’t be flashy. There’s always someone better than you.” — Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos (Click to tweet)
These business quotes may be blunt but they’re pretty accurate.
67. “Embrace what you don’t know, especially in the beginning, because what you don’t know can become your greatest asset. It ensures that you will absolutely be doing things different from everybody else.” — Sara Blakely, founder of SPANX (Click to tweet)
68. “Diligence is the mother of good luck.” — Benjamin Franklin, a Founding Father of the United States (Click to tweet)
69. “A person who is quietly confident makes the best leader.” — Fred Wilson, co-founder of Union Square Ventures (Click to tweet)
70. “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.” — Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks (Click to tweet)
These business quotes are on fire.
Let’s continue our list with some of the top inspirational quotes about life that are out there. Every now and then, everyone’s in need to hear about the positive side of life, and the potential it has to offer. These inspirational quotes about life will help empower you to succeed.
71. “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.”– Charles R. Swindoll, author, educator, and radio preacher
72. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” — Walt Disney, founder of the Disney Brother Studio and Disneyland
73. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.” — Stephen Hawking, English theoretical physicist, cosmologist, and author
74. “When I’m old and dying, I plan to look back on my life and say ‘wow, that was an adventure,’ not ‘wow, I sure felt safe.’” — Tom Preston-Werner, co-founder of Github
75. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” – Les Brown, American motivational speaker, author, and former politician
76. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” ― Oprah Winfrey, media proprietor
77. “You Are Never Too Old To Set Another Goal Or To Dream A New Dream.” – C.S. Lewis, British writer
There’s something heartwarming about these motivational quotes about life.
78. “Live each day as if your life had just begun.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, German writer
79. “Lean forward into your life. Begin each day as if it were on purpose.” ―Mary Anne Radmacher, author
80. “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ―Maya Angelou, American poet, singer, and civil rights activist
81. “Do not let the memories of your past limit the potential of your future. There are no limits to what you can achieve on your journey through life, except in your mind.” ― Roy T. Bennett, author
82. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” ― Oprah Winfrey, media proprietor
83. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”― George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright
84. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” — Charles Darwin, English naturalist, geologist and biologist
85. “Education costs money. But then so does ignorance.” – Sir Claus Moser, British statistician
86. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.”– Michael Jordan, American former professional basketball player
Success doesn’t happen overnight. You have to take each day as an opportunity to meet your potential and to improve. Here’s a list of our favorite inspirational quotes about success to get your day started.
87. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” — Henry David Thoreau, essayist, poet, and philosopher
88. “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.” — Tony Robbins, life and business strategist, and author
89. “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” — Colin R. Davis, English conductor for the London Symphony Orchestra
90. “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.” — Thomas J. Watson, 2nd President of IBM, political figure, and philanthropist
91. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” — Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain during World War II
92. “Today’s Accomplishments Were Yesterday’s Impossibilities.” – Robert H. Schuller, American motivational speaker
93. “Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day in and day out.” — Robert Collier, author
94. “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” — Jim Rohn, one of America’s foremost business philosophers
95. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” — Colin Powell, US statesman and retired four-star General in the United States Army
When you’re struggling, inspirational quotes like these can really make a difference.
96. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” — David Brinkley, newscaster for NBC and ABC
97. “Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.” – William Feather, American publisher and author
98. “Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein, theoretical physicist
99. “Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion.” – Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
100. “I never took a day off in my twenties. Not one.” — Bill Gates, Microsoft co-founder
Well done — you’ve made it halfway through our list of the top 200 business quotes!
101. “I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.” – G. K. Chesterton, English writer, poet, and philosopher
102. “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.”— Steve Jobs, co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Apple Inc.
103. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” — Conrad Hilton, Founder of the Hilton Hotels chain
Never give up. Keep chasing your dreams. Life will be hard at times, and the strength lies in not giving up. Take a look at the best inspirational quotes about not giving up.
104. “If you can’t fly then run. If you can’t run, then walk. And, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” — Martin Luther King Jr., leader of the civil rights movement
105. “I got lucky because I never gave up the search. Are you quitting too soon? Or, are you willing to pursue luck with a vengeance?” — Jill Konrath, speaker, author and thought leader
106. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” — Japanese Proverb
107. “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.” — Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States
108. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” — Thomas Edison, entrepreneur and inventor
109. “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” — Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain during World War II
Inspirational quotes like these do a great job at channelling some positive momentum.
110. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does — that makes you a winner right there.” — Venus Williams, American professional tennis player
111. “We May Encounter Many Defeats But We Must Not Be Defeated.” – Maya Angelou, American poet, singer, and civil rights activist
112. “Strength shows not only in the ability to persist, but in the ability to start over.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald, American fiction writer
113. “Let me tell you the secret that has led to my goal. My strength lies solely on my tenacity.”
– Louis Pasteur, French biologist, microbiologist and chemist
114. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” – Earl Nightingale, American radio speaker and author
115. “You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don’t give up.” ― Chuck Yeager, former United States Air Force officer
116. “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.”– Samuel Beckett, Irish avant-garde novelist and playwright
117. “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” — Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft
Hard work helps to turn dreams into reality. These top motivational quotes about working hard will help you get the job done.
118. “So often people are working hard at the wrong thing. Working on the right thing is probably more important than working hard.” — Caterina Fake, Flickr co-founder
119. “If you’re passionate about something and you work hard, then I think you will be successful.”— Pierre Omidyar, founder and chairman of Ebay
120. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” — Thomas Jefferson, Founding Father and President of the United States
121. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” — Paulo Coelho, Brazilian lyricist and novelist
122. “A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” — Colin Powell, US statesman and retired four-star General in the United States Army
123. “There is simply no substitute for hard work when it comes to achieving success.” — Heather Bresch, CEO of Mylan
We hope these quotes are motivating you to work hard toward your goal.
124. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” — Pele, Brazilian retired professional footballer
125. “No great achiever – even those who made it seem easy – ever succeeded without hard work.” — Jonathan Sacks, British author and politician
126. “The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.” — Harry Golden, American writer
127. “There is no substitute for hard work.” — Thomas Edison, entrepreneur and inventor
128. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” — Babe Ruth, American professional baseball player
We all face challenges in life. They can either make you or break you. We’ve compiled a list of our favourite motivational quotes about challenges that will encourage you to keep going.
129. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.”—John D. Rockefeller, American oil industry business magnate
130. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.”— Jim Rohn, American entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker
131. “Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.” — Arianna Huffington, president of The Huffington Post Media Group
132. “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” — Eleanor Roosevelt, known as “First Lady of the World” for her human rights advocacy
133. “If you can push through that feeling of being scared, that feeling of taking a risk, really amazing things can happen.” — Marissa Mayer, president & CEO of Yahoo!
134. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” — Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States
135. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine, author
136. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” — Michael Jordan, former professional basketball player
These motivational quotes about challenges have some pretty sound advice.
137. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” — Nelson Mandela, Former President of South Africa, political leader, and philanthropist
138. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey, American educator, author, and businessman
139. “The Ultimate Measure Of A Man Is Not Where He Stands In Moments Of Comfort And Convenience, But Where He Stands At Times Of Challenge And Controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr., leader of the civil rights movement
140. “Being Challenged In Life Is Inevitable, Being Defeated Is Optional.” — Roger Crawford, public speaker, author, and certified tennis professional
141. “Life’s Challenges Are Not Supposed To Paralyze You, They’re Supposed To Help You Discover Who You Are.” — Bernice Johnson Reagon, song leader, composer, and social activist
142. “When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not yet ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back.” – Paulo Coelho, Brazilian lyricist and novelist
143. “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” — Ray Goforth, director of strategy and partnerships at Spredfast
There will be days when things don’t go as planned. You may feel defeated and let down. But that’s a part of life. It’s about how you deal with the failures in life that makes you who you are. Here’s a list of our favorite quotes about overcoming failure, that will motivate you to stay strong in the face of failure.
144. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” — Herman Melville, American novelist
145. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” — Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group
146. “It doesn’t matter how many times you fail. It doesn’t matter how many times you almost get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you because all that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.” — Mark Cuban, entrepreneur, owner of Landmark Theaters and Chairman of AXS TV
147. “I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.” — Jeff Bezos, founder, and CEO of Amazon
148. “The only thing worse than starting something and failing… is not starting something.” — Seth Godin, author, entrepreneur, and blogger
149. “Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.” — Drew Houston, founder and CEO of Dropbox
150. “Failure Will Never Overtake Me If My Determination To Succeed Is Strong Enough.” – Og Mandino, American author
151. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” — George Addair, real-estate developer
152. “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Jack Canfield, American author, motivational speaker, corporate trainer, and entrepreneur
Quotes like these on overcoming fear really give you an inspirational push.
153. “Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” — Thomas Edison, entrepreneur and inventor
154. “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” — Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company
155. “Failure is success if we learn from it.” – Malcolm Forbes, American entrepreneur and publisher of Forbes magazine
156. “Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success. I’ve met people who don’t want to try for fear of failing.” – J.K. Rowling, British novelist
157. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty—six times I’ve been trusted to take the game—winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan, former professional basketball player
Everyone has a bad day once in a while. These motivational quotes are guaranteed to inspire you and bring a smile to your face.
158. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” — Zig Ziglar, American author
159. “I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realise I should have been more specific.”— Lily Tomlin, American actress
160. “The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces.” — Will Rogers, American actor
161. “I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.” – Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father of the United States
162. “When I hear somebody sigh, Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?’” – Sydney Harris, American journalist
163. “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs… one step at a time.” – Joe Girard, American salesman
164. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison, entrepreneur and inventor
165. “You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.” – Sam Levenson, American humorist
166. “Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.“ – Robert Downey Jr., American actor
167. “Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.” – Dale Carnegie, American writer
168. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers, American actor
Movies have a certain memorable aspect about them. They have a unique way of teaching us lessons that stay in our memory. Whether it’s by making us smile, or by moving us to tears, movies have a magic about them. Here are some of the best motivational quotes from movies.
169. ”Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.” – Rocky, Rocky Balboa
170. “Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me. Alright? You dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.” – Chris Gardner, The Pursuit of Happyness
171. “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” – Jordan Belfort, Wolf of the Wall Street
172. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” – Gandalf, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
173. “Great men are not born great, they grow great.” – Vito Corleone, The Godfather
174. “Some people can’t believe in themselves until someone else believes in them first.” – Sean Maguire, Good Will Hunting
175. “Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.” – Alfred, Batman Begins
176. “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
177. “After a while, you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are.” – Shrek, Shrek The Third
178. “Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.” – Benjamin Button, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
179. “What we do in life echoes in eternity.” – Maximus, from Gladiator
180. “Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.” – Alan Turing, The Imitation Game
181. “Every man dies, but not every man really lives.” – William Wallace, Braveheart
182. “Someone I once knew wrote that we walk away from our dreams afraid that we may fail or worse yet, afraid we may succeed.” – Forrester, Finding Forrester
183. “It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choices.” – Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
184. “There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope.” – Stephen Hawking, The Theory of Everything
185. “The accident is your training. Life is a choice. You can choose to be a victim or anything else you’d like to be.” – Socrates, from Peaceful Warrior
186. “In this lifetime, you don’t have to prove nothing to nobody, except yourself. And after what you’ve gone through, if you haven’t done that by now, it ain’t gonna never happen.” – Fortune, Rudy
187. It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. – Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
188. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.” – Rafiki, The Lion King
189. “No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.” – John Keating, Dead Poets Society
190. “You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.” – Eames, Inception
191. “Find a truly original idea. It is the only way I will ever distinguish myself. It is the only way I will ever matter.” – John Nash, A Beautiful Mind
No matter what day of the week it is, this list of motivational quotes about work will help you get through the day.
192. “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” — Steve Jobs, co-founder, Chairman and CEO of Apple Inc.
193. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” —H. Jackson Brown Jr., American author
194. “The more I want to get something done the less I call it work.” — Richard Bach, American writer
195. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” — Muhammad Ali, American professional boxer
196. “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” — Karen Lamb, author
197. “Someday is not a day of the week.” — Janet Dailey, author
198. “What we fear of doing most is usually what we most need to do.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson, essayist, philosopher, and poet
199. “Make each day your masterpiece.” — John Wooden, American basketball player
200. “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” — Aristotle, father of Western philosophy
Okay, that’s a lot of business quotes!
If you haven’t already, make sure to bookmark this page of business quotes now and return to it, to create better habits, every time you need a hit of inspiration or motivation.
One other thing:
Did you notice some of the recurring themes throughout these business quotes?
So, which of these business quotes stood out most to you? Comment below!
Life is a gift that has been given to you. It is in your hands to make the best out of it--dare to believe that you can. Through the ups and downs, you'll find a lesson to learn that will make you a better person. Each experience--good and bad--makes you grow. Get along with life and surely, things will become easier for you. Live for today and enjoy every moment. Capture the best that life has to offer you.
Here's a collection of valuable quotes about life to inspire you to make the best out of it:
"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln
"The greatest day in your life and mine is when we take total responsibility for our attitudes. That's the day we truly grow up." John C. Maxwell
"Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced." Soren Kierkegaard
"What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds." Wayne Dyer
"Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it." Lou Holtz
"Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact." William James
"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." Scott Hamilton
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." Leo Buscaglia
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
"There is more to life than increasing its speed." Mahatma Gandhi
"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." Confucius
"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." Dalai Lama
"There are three constants in life...change, choice and principles." Stephen Covey
"Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?" Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them--that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like." Lao Tzu
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." John F. Kennedy
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein
"When life is too easy for us, we must beware or we may not be ready to meet the blows which sooner or later come to everyone, rich or poor." Eleanor Roosevelt
"God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well." Voltaire
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Winston Churchill
"All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." Ralph Waldo Emerson
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style." Maya Angelou
"Once you say you're going to settle for second, that's what happens to you in life." John F. Kennedy
"There is no passion to be found playing small--in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." Nelson Mandela
"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." Jim Rohn
"I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed." Michael Jordan
"The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams." Oprah Winfrey
"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become." C. S. Lewis
"Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young." Henry Ford
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Thomas A. Edison
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward." Amelia Earhart
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt
"Remember your dreams and fight for them. You must know what you want from life. There is just one thing that makes your dream become impossible: the fear of failure." Paulo Coelho
"Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." Thomas Jefferson
"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi
"Communication is a skill that you can learn. It's like riding a bicycle or typing. If you're willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of every part of your life." Brian Tracy
"Today is life--the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto." Dale Carnegie
"The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you're in control of your life. If you don't, life controls you." Tony Robbins
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." Robert Frost
"We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon." Franklin D. Roosevelt
"Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner." Les Brown
"Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all." Helen Keller
"The ultimate value of life depends upon awareness and the power of contemplation rather than upon mere survival." Aristotle
"Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive." Elbert Hubbard
"Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent." Billy Graham
"Each person must live their life as a model for others." Rosa Parks
"My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose--somehow we win out." Ronald Reagan
"Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce." Vivian Komori
"Transformation is a process, and as life happens there are tons of ups and downs. It's a journey of discovery--there are moments on mountaintops and moments in deep valleys of despair." Rick Warren
"Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive." Matt Cameron
The opinions expressed here by Inc.com columnists are their own, not those of Inc.com.
Luckily, when it comes to mindfulness, there is no shortage of inspirational quotes you can use to give yourself that extra bit of motivation.
Last Updated on
Life is a gift.
When we embrace all that life has to offer, we can achieve success both personally and professionally. One way to do this is to surround ourselves with love. Love with a romantic partner, love for family and friends, and love for living life to the fullest. When we set our goals to focus on what's truly important, it's easy to find meaning with our daily actions.
That's why in this post, you will discover 140 great quotes that focus on all aspects of love (i.e. romantic love, great friendships, and love for experiencing all that life has to offer.) And wise quotes about everything in between.
To help you out, we have separated this post into five sections, with a few large picture quotes to share with your loved ones.
(Side note: One “wise” thing to do is to start each day by reading something related to your career or business. So be sure to join over 1 million others and start your day with the latest news from Wall St. to Silicon Valley. This newsletter is a 5-minute read that's informative, witty, and FREE!)
What You Will Learn
If you have chosen to be your best even when the other person you are with isn't at their best, then you have chosen to love this person, and this person is likely your best friend. Love is more than a feeling; it should also be considered an enacted emotion.
And if you'd like to take your romance to the next level, then we recommend two things:
Remember: Love is kindness, and love is an adventure. So let's learn more about this by checking out the following short inspirational quotes:
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”– Lao Tzu
“There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.”– Friedrich Nietzsche
The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.”– Victor Hugo
“Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”– Lucille Ball
“The most desired gift of love is not diamonds or roses or chocolate. It is focused attention.”– Richard Warren
“The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard but must be felt with the heart.”– Helen Keller
“Love is, in fact, an intensification of life, a completeness, a fullness, a wholeness of life.”– Thomas Merton
“I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
“Love is a friendship set to music.”– Joseph Campbell
“In order to be happy oneself, it is necessary to make at least one other person happy.”– Theodor Reik
“We always believe our first love is our last, and our last love our first.”– George W. Melville
“Everyone in life is gonna hurt you; you just have to figure out which people are worth the pain.” – Erica Baican
“Age does not protect you from love, but love, to some extent, love protects you from age.”– Jeanne Moreau
“You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.”– Sam Keen
“The art of love is largely the art of persistence.”– Albert Ellis
“True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.” – Erich Segal
“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.” – Neil Gaiman
“There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” – Sarah Dessen
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.”– William Shakespeare
“We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.” – Robert Fulghum
We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.” – Robert Fulghum
“Where there is love there is life.” – Mahatma Gandhi
“Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.” – Plato
“The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it. Sometimes love blinds us, other times it lets us see.” – George Bernard Shaw
“Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert Heinlein
“If you have it, Love, you don’t need to have anything else, and if you don’t have it, it doesn’t matter much what else you have.” – James M. Barrie
“There is no remedy for love but to love more.” – Henry David Thoreau
“A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.” – Thomas Carlyle
Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop.” – H. L. Menken
“Men always want to be a woman’s first love – women like to be a man’s last romance.” – Oscar Wilde
“Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
“It is love, not reason, that is stronger than death.” – Thomas Mann
“If you would be loved, love and be lovable.” – Benjamin Franklin
“The mind cannot long act the role of the heart.” – Francois de la Rochefoucauld
“Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.” – Peter Ustinov
“This is the miracle that happens every time to those who really love; the more they give, the more they possess.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
This is the miracle that happens every time to those who really love; the more they give, the more they possess.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
“Forgiveness is the final form of love.” – Reinhold Niebuhr
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4
“Whoso loves believes the impossible.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.” – Rumi
“The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
“What will survive of us is love.” – Philip Larkin
“Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
I don't trust people who don't love themselves and tell me, ‘I love you.' … There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.” – Maya Angelou
“Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” – James Baldwin
“Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey.” – Lord Byron
“Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away.” – Dorothy Parker
“Love in its essence is spiritual fire.” – Seneca
“Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.” – Lao Tzu
The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love.” – Henry Miller
“Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” – Khalil Gibran
“Love does not dominate; it cultivates.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
“We are most alive when we're in love.” – John Updike
“If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.” – Barbara De Angelis
“You know you’re in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
“For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.” – Carl Sagan
“Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
“A loving heart is the truest wisdom.” – Charles Dickens
“Love alone can rekindle life.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
Love doesn’t make the world go around. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” – Franklin P. Jones
“Love is the emblem of eternity; it confounds all notion of time; effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end.” – Madame de Stael
“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
“Nobody has ever measured — not even poets — how much love the human heart can hold.” – Zelda Fitzgerald
“Never love anybody that treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde
“Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.” – Joan Crawford
“If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were.” – Kahlil Gibran
“Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.” – James Baldwin
There is only one page left to write on. I will fill it with words of only one syllable. I love. I have loved. I will love.” – Dodie Smith
“Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness.” – Bertrand Russell
“One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life. That word is love.” – Sophocles
“What is hell? I maintain that it is the suffering of being unable to love.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
“It isn't possible to love and part. You will wish that it was. You can transmute love, ignore it, muddle it, but you can never pull it out of you. I know by experience that the poets are right: love is eternal.” – E. M. Forster
“Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.” – Maya Angelou
“A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.” – Kurt Vonnegut
“Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.” – C. S. Lewis
“Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” – Oscar Wilde
“Respect was invented to cover the empty place where love should be.” – Leo Tolstoy
“Lost love is still love. It takes a different form, that's all. You can't see their smile or bring them food or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor. But when those senses weaken another heightens. Memory. Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with it.” – Mitch Albom
“Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward.” – e. e. cummings
“Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” – Oscar Wilde
Want some more wise quotes related to love? Check out some of these affirmation and quote posts dealing with self-love, happiness, and all the good stuff in life.
What is the meaning of life? That is a question we aren't sure can really be answered fully. But a good way to describe life is to find meaning in everything you do and learn to love every aspect of your daily routine. Put simply: You to understand “your why” behind everything that you do.
Aristotle said, “Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim, and end of human existence.” The following inspirational quotes about life may be just what you need today:
“If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
“There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still.”– Franklin D. Roosevelt
“God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.”– Voltaire
“There is no life as complete as the life that is lived by choice.” – Shad Helmstetter
“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”– George Bernard Shaw
“No one ever finds life worth living – one has to make it worth living.” – Winston Churchill
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.”– Abraham Lincoln
“Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.”– Les Brown
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” – Oscar Wilde
“Today is life-the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto.”– Dale Carnegie
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.”– Alexander Graham Bell
“An unexamined life is not worth living.”– Socrates
“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
“If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
“You can never plan the future by the past.”– Edmund Burke
“Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.”– Dennis P. Kimbro
“At the end of their lives, people assess how they've done not in terms of their income but in terms of their spirit, and I beg you to do the same, even if those who came before sometimes failed to do so.”– Anna Quindlen
“Life is much more fun if you live it in the spirit of play and collaboration, working with instead of against others.” – Wally Amos
“Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.”– Vivian Komori
“In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.”– Robert Frost
The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”– W. M. Lewis
“Almost all of the research strongly supports the benefits of using humor to maximize living.” – Mary Kay Morrison
“Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.”– Denis Waitley
“The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.”– Vince Lombardi
One of the sad things in life is that we don’t live our life backward, Benjamin Button style. How great would it be to couple the wisdom of age with the energy of youth by living backward?
Unfortunately, that is not the way things work.
In life, we gain important pieces of wisdom through experience and practicing a few of the 23 strategies for daily self-improvement.
All that said, there is a lot of wisdom that can be found by looking at quotes from people who have learned to love life. Here are a few of our favorites:
“Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“How many things have to happen to you before something occurs to you?” – Robert Frost
“Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.” – Brian Rathbone
“The problem is that when you get it, you're too damned old to do anything about it.”– Jimmy Connors
“All teachings are mere references. The true experience is living your own life. Then, even the holiest of words are only words.”– Ming-Dao Deng
“You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you.” – Mary Tyler Moore
“…talent means nothing, while experience, acquired in humility and with hard work, means everything.”– Patrick Süskind
“…talent means nothing, while experience, acquired in humility and with hard work, means everything.”– Patrick Süskind
“People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
“Nothing ever becomes real 'til it is experienced.” – John Keats
“He who has a way to live can bear almost anyhow.”– Friedrich Nietzsche
“I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom.”– Thomas Carlyle
“I am not what happened to me; I am what I choose to become.”– C.G. Jung
“Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience, and being persistent.” – Billy Graham
“Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely.” – Auguste Rodin
“People never learn anything by being told; they have to find out for themselves.”– Paulo Coelho
“Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.”– John Gardner
“Life isn't sure; life is scary. It doesn't mean you stop living it.”– Susan May Warren
“Embrace uncertainty. Some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives won’t have a title until much later.” – Bob Goff
“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for a newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
“Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.”– Stephen Chbosky
“Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't.”– Pete Seeger
“I think of life as a good book. The further you get into it, the more it begins to make sense.”– Harold Kushner
“I think of life as a good book. The further you get into it, the more it begins to make sense.”– Harold Kushner
“Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain.”– William Faulkner
One thing that life experiences teach us is that you never get “something for nothing”.
Even when you are only dealing with yourself, having some sort of a reason for doing an action is integral to the success of that action. Perhaps you can think of it as “bribing yourself”.
To see what I’m talking about, check out these 155 Methods of Rewarding Yourself.
Love is another area where time and experience bring wisdom. Love is something most people are looking for, either directly or indirectly.
The following wise quotes talk about the importance of forming lifelong friendships that enrich and enhance your daily routine. In essence, when you have great friends, you’ll surround yourself with great conversations where you can know one another on a deep level.
When discovering the real meaning of friendship, you need to realize that the friendship goes beyond simply sharing your time together; it is sharing long-lasting time together while developing a meaningful connection.
However, it is also important to remember that friendship can mean different things to different people, but it is all around inspiring as you will see by all of the inspiring quotes we have included below:
“Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time, we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.” – Ally Condie
“Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” – Amy Poehler
“Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend's success.” – Oscar Wilde
“Make a friend when you don't need one.” – Jamaican Proverb
“A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” – Jim Morrison
“No friendship is an accident.” – O. Henry
“Friends are God's way of taking care of us.” – Author unknown
True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” – David Tyson
“A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” – Arnold H. Glasgow
“The best mirror is an old friend.” – George Herbert
“Someone to tell it to is one of the fundamental needs of human beings.” – Miles Franklin
“Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.” – Euripides
“Friendship is the most constant, the most enduring the most basic part of love.” – Ed Cunningham
Some of these quotes on friendship are wonderful. In some ways, I feel good friendship can be as important as love. Actually, friendship can be a form of love itself.
When it comes to habits, one of the most important aspects of friendship is the “mirror” a good friend can provide, like in the George Herbert wise friendship quote above.
This “mirror” is essentially accountability and is one of the single most powerful tools for achieving success with your habits. Find out more about accountability and what it can do for you here.
(Reminder: If you'd like to learn something new each day, then be sure to check out this 5-minute daily newsletter that's informative, witty and FREE!)
Love is all around us! Whether it’s your partner, family, friends, or even the activities you enjoy on a deep level, you can find plenty of examples of this powerful emotion. Hopefully, these love quotes inspired you and gave you something to think about.
And if you like these quotes, then be sure to check out the others that we have:
Thanks for checking out this wisdom, love, and friendship quote post. I would appreciate it if you would save your favorite quote on your “go-to” social media platform. And hope you are having a wonderful, loving day!
Get inspired by these wise words and make the very best out of your life.