Quote for a card: A home built of love needs no other decoration. A new house is a sign of your growth and maturity in life, along with a lot of.
The biggest holiday in Chinese culture is just around the corner.
Get ready to wish friends, family and neighbors a Happy Chinese New Year!
But wait—how do we say it in Chinese?
If you’re looking for classic, new or popular greetings for Chinese New Year, you’ve come to the right place!
We’ll explore all the fun and festive ways to greet people during this auspicious time of year.
As the most important holiday of the year, Chinese New Year brings celebrations that last over 2 weeks.
Called 农历新年(nóng lì xīn nián – Lunar New Year) or 春节(chūn jié – Spring Festival), Chinese New Year is celebrated on the first month of the lunar calendar, from the 1st to the 15th day.
Here’s a link to see which dates Chinese New Year falls on during each year.
During this time, it’s customary for people to greet one another with New Year well-wishes, which bring in good fortune for the coming year.
It’s also customary to visit people at their homes, a practice called 拜年(bài nián). Upon visiting one another, people exchange gifts, such as fruit, candy, cakes and red envelopes with cash, called 红包 (hóng bāo).
Here’s a humorous skit from CCTV (China Central Television, the state television broadcaster) on what happens during 拜年 (bài nián).
However, there are some gifts that are taboo, which you shouldn’t bring. Gifts associated with funerals, like handkerchiefs, towels and certain types of flowers such as chrysanthemums, may be considered offensive.
Chinese people dislike receiving clocks, because it suggests that time (and life) is running out. Sharp objects are considered unlucky because they suggest a cutting off of ties or relations.
Here’s a handy infographic guide on gift-giving customs in China, so you’ll always know what to get.
In addition to visits and gifts, Chinese people celebrate by going to open-air markets that pop up just for Chinese New Year. These markets are often crowded with people and are very lively and festive. At these markets, you can buy food, small gifts, cut flowers, house plants and other 年货 (nián huò), that is, New Year paraphernalia.
Several types of flowers are associated with Chinese New Year, such as plum blossoms梅花(méi huā), kumquat金橘(jīn jú)and narcissus 水仙花(shuǐ xiān huā).
Traditionally, Chinese also light firecrackers, or 放鞭炮(fàng biān pào), during Chinese New Year. This has a symbolic meaning of scaring away evil and bad luck.
Chinese people love watching dragon dances, or 舞龙(wǔ lóng), in which trained dancers dance as one “dragon,” often chasing one other dancer, who holds a “pearl.”
There’s also a traditional song, called “新年好呀”(xīn nián hǎo yā), which you might hear if you’re lucky.
Many people like to wear red at Chinese New Year. Red is always a lucky color for traditional Chinese. That’s why you’ll see plenty of red at Chinese weddings, grand openings of businesses and other celebratory events.
To decorate, Chinese may put up auspicious sayings written on red paper, called 春贴(chūn tiē) or 挥春(huī chūn), or display paper cuttings called 剪纸图 (jiǎn zhǐ tú)—a special art that presents silhouetted images of animals, flowers and even entire scenes in paper.
To learn more about Chinese traditions along with other aspects of the culture with the language, check out FluentU. FluentU takes real-world videos—like movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks—and turns them into personalized language lessons.
The two common ways to say “Happy New Year” in Chinese are:
新年好！(xīn nián hǎo)
Have a good New Year!
新年快乐！(xīn nián kuài lè)
Have a Happy New Year!
Both phrases work well and are widely accepted.
Generally, you’d begin with greeting the person by name. Especially if the person is older than you, someone in your family or someone with authority, you must address them with their position or title. For example:
“奶奶，新年快乐！” (nǎi nǎi，xīn nián kuài lè)
“Grandma, Happy New Year!
“王老板，新年好。” (wáng lǎo bǎn，xīn nián hǎo)
“Mr. (Boss) Wong, Happy New Year.”
“小南，新年快乐！” (xiǎo nán，xīn nián kuài lè)
Nan, Happy New Year.
To use a New Year greeting, such as the ones listed in this article, begin your sentence with 祝你 (zhù nǐ), which translates to “wish you…”
To be more formal, which is necessary for greeting an older or respected person, use the honorific 您(nín) for “you” instead. So, you’d begin your greeting with 祝您(zhù nín), which is a more polite version of “wish you…”
祝您猴年大吉!(zhù nín hóu nián dà jí)
“Wishing you huge blessings in the Year of the Monkey! (2016)”
Now that we’ve covered the basics of starting greetings, let’s dive into 25 popular Chinese New Year greetings that you can use this Chinese New Year.
Money and wealth are highly valued in Chinese culture, and Chinese people are not shy to talk about money. It’s considered appropriate and polite to offer money-related greetings at New Year.
Here’s a list of wealth and prosperity Chinese New Year greetings that you can use right away:
“Wish you wealth and prosperity.”
“May wealth flow in.”
“May harmony bring wealth.”
“May your gold and jade fill the halls.”
“Hope you put in a small investment and reap a huge profit.”
“May you find wealth and treasures.”
“May wealth come pouring in.”
“May you have great luck and great profit.”
“May you have abundance every year.”
Another series of popular Chinese New Year greetings involves wishing people success in their work or business. Yes, some of it’s related to making money—it’s hard to get away from that theme!
“May your career to take off.”
“May you get promoted and receive a raise.”
“May your business flourish.”
“May your studies improve.”
“May every step take you higher.”
“May the New Year bring much better things.”
You can also wish people peace, health and happiness. The below phrases are perfect for elders in the family, people outside of your work and business circles, or just people in general that you care for and love.
“May all your wishes come true.”
“May everything go well with you.”
“May you smile often.”
“May the five blessings come to you.” (Longevity, wealth, health, virtue, and a natural death.)
“Wish you good health.”
“May you hear tidings of peace.”
“May you enjoy both longevity and blessing.”
“May you have peace at every age.”
“Wish you harmony and joy for the whole family.”
“Wish you four seasons of peace and a flourishing year.”
Now you have 25 new Chinese New Year greetings ready to go for Chinese New Year.
But don’t stop there.
Check out more fun and easy Chinese language lessons available on FluentU, an online immersive language experience.
Oh, and get ready to party!
If you like learning real-world Chinese, then you’ll love FluentU.
FluentU lets you learn authentic Chinese from movie trailers, cartoons, news, vlogs, inspiring talks and more.It naturally eases you into learning Chinese language, as it’s spoken in real life.
FluentU has a wide range of contemporary videos—like dramas, TV shows, commercials and music videos. In fact, below you’ll even see the song “Let It Go” from the hit movie “Frozen”:
FluentU brings these native Chinese videos within reach via interactive captions. You can tap on any word to instantly look it up. All words have carefully written definitions, examples, an image and audio that will help you understand how a word is used.
Simply tap on any word to add it to one of your vocab lists for review.
FluentU’s Learn Mode turns every video into a language learning lesson. You can always swipe left or right to see more examples of the word you’re learning.
The best part is that FluentU continually keeps track of your vocabulary. It suggests content and examples based on the words you’re learning, giving you a 100% personalized experience.
Start using FluentU on the website with your computer or tablet or, better yet, download the FluentU app from the iTunes or the Google Play store.
If you liked this post, something tells me that you'll love FluentU, the best way to learn Chinese with real-world videos.
Experience Chinese immersion online!
Home related titles and fun sayings for scrapbooking layouts, papercrafting projects and handmade cards. Home Titles Ideas for Scrapbook Layouts and Cards Love Makes a House a Home.
Congratulations for a new home: These wishes, messages and greetings are such that only homeowners can fully understand and relate to the deeper meaning that they reflect. A new house signifies a new beginning. That is the reason why housewarming greeting cards should always resonate good luck, love, happiness and prosperity. Whether it is for your friends, family or colleagues – make sure that the words you chose embrace the essence of taking those first few exciting steps of moving into a place. From sweet quotes about the warmth of a new home to sarcastic and funny ones about burdensome mortgage payments – take ideas from this post to write your own innovative and original message that glorifies the pride of home ownership.
1) Owning your own home is one of the best feelings ever. It can’t be described in words, it can’t be quantified in money. Home ownership is a feeling that makes the daily grind worth facing. It reassures you that after all the ups and downs, you have a place to go to…. a place that’ll never judge you and always invite you with open arms. Congratulations for getting your piece of paradise.
2) Your new home should be called Dream Land because it is really the stuff dreams are made of. Congratulations.
3) Don’t feel bad if you feel proud and haughty, your new home is just too pretty. Don’t feel guilty if you feel like showing off a bit, the beauty of your new home is totally worth it. Congratulations.
4) A new home drains life’s savings, but in return gives a new life. Congratulations.
5) Worthy of applause, is your new house. Wish you happiness, many moments priceless. Congratulations.
6) You can rent a house but you can only own a home. Congratulations.
7) When you bought your new home, you didn’t just fulfill a need, you accomplished a deserving feat. It takes guts to take on a mortgage, but I am sure it will be all worth it as you age. The loan repayments may feel like a heavy burden right now, but years later when your home’s value increases you will say WOW. Congratulations.
8) You should christen your house as PERFECTION because everything seems to be just right. Congratulations.
9) May the windows and doors of your new home open up to good luck, prosperity and fortune for your entire family. Congratulations.
10) May your new home keep you cozy in winter, cool in summer and sheltered during the rains. May it also give you a prosperous life, full of happiness and free of pains. Congratulations.
11) The walls of a new home will always remain cold, until it is occupied by young and old. With a beautiful family and a lovely home, you have simply struck gold. Congratulations.
12) HOUSES are all about cement, bricks, mortar and wood. HOMES are all about loved ones, family, parties and food. Congratulations for your new home.
13) When the sun sets in the west, the view from your living room will be the best of the best. Congratulations.
14) Parties, gatherings and family events, your new home is set to create priceless moments. Hugs, smiles, laughs and giggles, friends and family will make your happiness double. Congratulations.
15) Congratulations for breaking yourself free from the chains of landlords, but accept my condolences for tying yourself in the chains of mortgage repayments.
16) A home is a haven for love, memories and happiness. Congratulations for getting yours.
17) My heart skips a beat when I see your new home. It has the perfect ambience, the perfect decor and the perfect tone. Congratulations.
18) When you enter your new home, heave a sigh of relief. This is a new start to your life and time to turn a new leaf. Congratulations.
19) Warm your new house, by living the happy times in it with your family and spouse. Congratulations.
20) Congratulations for buying a house which is so luxurious and fine. Here’s wishing you good luck as we drink and dine.
21) A home is only as good as the people who live in it and going by that, your home is the BEST. Congratulations.
22) After a busy day, you will seek peace and solace, for which your new home will be the ultimate place. Congratulations.
23) Even the walls of the most expensive hotel in the world, can never be as warm as those of your beautiful new home. Congratulations.
24) Congratulations for buying yourself a new home and locking yourself in a cage called mortgage.
25) Your new home is an investment that will reap rewards for a lifetime. You made a wise and beautiful choice. Congratulations.
26) Your new home is… a slice of heaven, a glimpse of beauty, a mark of elegance, a sigh so pretty. A warm feeling, a vibrant hue, a cozy ambience, a dream come true. Congratulations.
27) Congratulations for becoming the owners of a home as beautiful as the owners themselves.
28) As you step foot into your new home for the first time, please take a moment to read this sweet rhyme. Wealth will always follow hard-working people like you, prosperity and success will follow you too. But what is more important is the love of your family, so cherish every moment you spend in your new home with people who you love dearly. Congratulations.
29) Nurture the time spent in your new home with love and care so that your family never has to face despair. Congratulations.
30) You may be under pressure to pay back your home loan, but your beautiful new house will surely give you no reason to moan. Congratulations.
31) May the sheer beauty of your new home envelop your family in the cover of blissfulness. May the warmth of your new home infuse your life with heaps of happiness. May the lovely décor of your new home make every moment absolutely priceless. Congratulations.
32) Putting your foot in your very own new home, is one of the best steps you’ll ever take in your life. Congratulations.
33) You will not realize the value of your new home, until you come back from a stressful day at work and lounge in a place that you can truly call your own. Congratulations.
34) I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the worst part of owning such a beautiful home like yours is that you will never feel like leaving it. Congratulations, future homebody.
35) Your new home is just not a new roof over new walls. It marks the beginning of a new life, new memories and most importantly, new celebrations for friends like us!
36) Beautiful couples like you deserve beautiful homes like yours. Congratulations.
37) The décor of a home speaks a lot about the personalities of the people living in it and yours says that you are – smart, modern, trendy, warm, welcoming and beautiful. Congratulations.
38) A brand new home, a loving family and a life worth envy – you already have everything so all I am going to wish for you is that your lives continue to be lovely, carefree and happy. Congratulations.
39) There are lots of new memories waiting to come inside, as you open the doors of your new home wide. Best wishes to you and your family, as you start carving out a new destiny. Congratulations.
40) You might be counting the value of your home in dollars right now. But years down the line when your children grow up within these walls its value will become priceless. Congratulations for getting the perfect abode for your family.
Families come in all shapes and sizes and so do their homes. Whether it’s a mansion whose parties would rival The Great Gatsby’s or a humble hut, owning a new home is a major source of pride and responsibility. Something like a simple greeting card can make the chaos and hard work of moving easier to bear. After all! It’s not really your home until you get your first piece of mail (that’s not a bill).
How to Create the Perfect Card - Examples
If you’re uncertain of just what to say, this guide offers a variety of ideas and thoughts for a number of different situations. Find one that suits you and add your own personal spin!
Unfortunately, sometimes that dream house or perfect job is a few streets, counties, or even states away. Distance can add an element of uncertainty to someone in a new house, and a card from a friend or colleague is a perfect way to remind them of the close relationships that they already have.
Load more messages
They may be an old friend, or maybe they’re a new one. Either way, there’s no better way to make someone comfortable in a new environment than by reaching out with a welcoming message.
Load more messages
As stressful and messy as moving can be, everyone appreciates the chance to crack a smile. A lighthearted message can convey a great tone for a new neighbor and make them feel more comfortable; just make sure the humor isn’t too familiar!
Load more messages
For many people a new home is symbolic of the family they have invested so much in and all the of the core values that they maintain in doing so. A religious blessing or simply an encouraging message is appreciated by many. Just make sure you find out if your neighbor is one of them!
Load more messages
New home congratulations, your new house messages, new homeowner Congrats for your beautiful new house. New homeowner conratulations card.
There are a wide variety of best wishes quotes that can provide encouragement and add a special sentiment in a card, letter, or email. If you're at a loss for words and want something perfect to say, try one of these quotes that apply to a number of occasions. The following are examples of quotes that can be used for special occasions such as weddings, birthdays, and graduations. There are also quotations for sending someone "get well" wishes during an illness or surgery.
If you need the right words for a general best wishes message, try one of the following:
"May you get all your wishes but one, so you always have something to strive for." - An Irish blessing
"The universe works in crazy ways. Your good luck will come in waves, and so does your bad, so you have to take the good with the bad and press forward." - Nick Cummins
"If we had one wish for you on this special day it would be: May the best of your past be the worst of your future." - Catherine Pulsifer
"Good luck is a residue of preparation." - Jack Youngblood
"Keep your best wishes close to your heart and watch what happens." - Tony DeLiso, Legacy: The Power Within
"Keep your best wishes and your biggest goals close to your heart and dedicate time to them every day. If you truly care about what you do and you work diligently at it, there's almost nothing you can't accomplish." - Melchor Lim"And when you wish upon a star, you might be happier the way you are." - Phyllis Sugar
"You are smart, you are funny, you are more important than money. If I could have one wish, it is that your day be filled with bliss." - Catherine Pulsifer
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." - George Carlin
A special quote can be used as a way to send best wishes to new parents. The following quotes are perfect to congratulate someone on their new arrival:
"Babies are such a nice way to start people." - Liesl Vazquez
"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on." - Carl Sandburg
"Every child begins the world again." - Walden, by Henry David Thoreau
"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living my baby you'll be." - Love You Forever, by Robert Munsch
"It's extraordinary to look into a baby's face and see a piece of your flesh and your spirit. It makes you realize you are a part of the human race." - Liam Neeson
"If your baby is beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time, you're the grandma." - Theresa Bloomingdale
"Babies are bits of stardust, blown from the hand of God." - Larry Barretto
"If one feels the need of something grand, something infinite, something that makes one feel aware of God, one need not go far to find it. I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle." - Vincent Van Gogh
"A babe in the house is a well-spring of pleasure, a messenger of peace and love, a resting place for innocence on earth, a link between angels and men." - Martin Fraquhar Tupper
"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh (A. A. Milne)
What better way is there to show your concern and care than by using a get well quote in a card or text? The following quotes are ideal for expressing get well wishes:
"Kindness and a generous spirit go a long way. And a sense of humor. It's like medicine - very healing." - Max Irons
"Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity." - Hippocrates
"Music has healing power. It has the ability to take people out of themselves for a few hours." - Elton John
"The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love." - Hubert Humphrey
"Time is the best doctor." - Yiddish proverb
In grave circumstances, here are some Appropriate Words for a Serious Illness Card.
Show a graduate that you're proud of their accomplishments with a special quote just for them. The following quotes can be used for either a high school or college graduation:
"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." - The Complete Works of Anatole France, by Anatole France
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - P.S. I Love You, by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
"You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it come true. You may have to work for it, however." - Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah, by Richard Bach
"Fear not for the future, weep not for the past." - Percy Bysshe Shelley
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." - Henry David Thoreau
"You're off to great places! Today is your day. Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way!" - Oh, The Places You'll Go!, by Dr. Seuss
If you or someone you know is tasked with a graduation speech, here's a great writing outline to follow.
You can use a thoughtful quote in a wedding or anniversary card, as a part of a toast or speech, or just as an expression of best wishes. They can also be used for decorative signs, needlework and other gifts for the happy couple. The following are some quotes ideal for weddings and anniversaries:
"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss
"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." - Mignon McLaughlin
"To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the wedding cup, whenever you're wrong, admit it; whenever you're right, shut up." - The Best of Ogden Nash, by Ogden Nash
"You were born together, and together you shall be for evermore...but let there be spaces in your togetherness. And let the winds of the heavens dance between you." - On Marriage, by Kahil Gibran
"You come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly." - To Love and Be Loved, Sam Keen
For more, check out these Words of Congratulations for a Wedding.
Show you care on a special birthday with a thoughtful quote. The following quotes can be used in a birthday card, social media post, or general message to the birthday recipient:
"It takes a long time to become young." - Pablo Picasso
"There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why." - William Barclay
"I remember when the candle shop burned down. Everyone stood around singing Happy Birthday." - Steven Wright
"There is no cure for the common birthday." - John Glenn
"You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old." - George Burns
For more, check out these Words for Birthday Wishes.
A quote to wish someone the best can be heartfelt and memorable. You can tailor the quote to fit your particular need or situation. You can also create a quote of your own to say best wishes from your heart in your own original way. Either way, it's a nice addition to whatever else you write in your message.
Should you ever be on the receiving end of a best wishes card, use these Examples of Words for Thank You Notes to help you find the right sentiment.
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp
Link to this page
Cite this page
"Best Wishes Quotes." YourDictionary. LoveToKnow. quotes.yourdictionary.com/articles/best-wishes-quotes.html.
Best Wishes Quotes. (n.d.). In YourDictionary. Retrieved from https://quotes.yourdictionary.com/articles/best-wishes-quotes.html
New home congratulations, your new house messages, new homeowner Congrats for your beautiful new house. New homeowner conratulations card.