Self care quotes that remind you to take care of yourself. While I wish I would've been ready a long time ago to stop waiting for others to .. “Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of.
Wow, it’s sister’s birthday and you’re looking for words to tell how much you value and respect her, to show her how awesome she is and how grateful you’ll forever be for having a sister like her. A sister is someone like a mother, she cares for you the same way a mother does and her unending love surpasses all.
The best thing about a sister’s birthday is you’re given the opportunity to show how much you value your relationship with her, how wonderful she has been to you, how you’ve look up to her when mother isn’t around and how she has wipe your tears away. To show this things to your sister on her birthday, we have compiled sweet birthday messages for a sweet sister on her birthday.
#1: Sister, you mean everything to me and even more. I feel that I’m one of the luckiest people in the world for having yours! Happy Birthday.
#2: Here’s the most heartfelt wishes for an incredible sister who never fails to annoy and yet surprise me every time. Happy Birthday!
#3: Today is your birthday sister but I feel it is I who is getting a special gift, and that is your love and affection. Happy birthday, dear sister.
#4: Sisters are bound to quarrel and fight but, let there be a truce for this special day as it is your birthday. Love you sis and happy birthday.
#5: Sis; you are loving, strong, gorgeous, caring, and. You are the image of perfection and I envy you. I love you for the person you are. Happy birthday.
#6: I remember when you were brought home as a baby and mum told me that I would love having a little sister. Well, they were right because I adore you. Happy Birthday!
#7: Happy Birthday big sister. You are older than me on this special day and you always will be! I hope you have a wonderful year to come.
#8: Who is a sister? A true sister is the very embodiment of love and care. As you brother I know this is true. Happy birthday sis!
#9: You can always pick your friends but not your family and is feel so lucky and blessed to have a wonderful friend for a sister. Happy birthday.
#10: Happy Birthday sis and on this special day I pray to God to always give you every happiness your heart desires for you deserve it and more.
#11: Dear sister; on your special day I‘d like to wish you a fabulous life full of exciting discoveries and joyful surprises! Happy birthday.
#12: To my little sister, you are the rainbow of my life and I wish you a happy birthday. Enjoy yourself.
#13: Thanks for taking all the good looks in the family- oh and happy birthday sis and have a blast.
#14: Truth be told, it‘s so great to have such an incredible persona as a sister Congratulations on your birthday! Stay cool!
#15: Wishing the coolest sister ever a happy birthday! You always know how to cheer everyone up and make life brighter, love you!
#16: Sis, you are like eating a box of delicious chocolate: sweet, generous and undeniably amazing. Happy birthday my beloved sister.
#17: Dear sis; our parents made us siblings but we became friends on our own. Happy Birthday and I love you sis.
#18: No matter what mischief I get into, you are always there for me in every situation. I love you sis happy birthday, dearest sister!
#19: You are the best friend anyone ever had and I am lucky to have you as a sister. It’s a special day. Happy Birthday, sister!
#20: You are not only my sister, but you are also my friend. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and a happy and prosperous year ahead.
#21: I remember when you were born, and our parents told me that I would love having a little sister. I think that they were right. Happy Birthday!
#23: Happy Birthday to my big sister. You are older than me today, and you always will be! I hope you have a wonderful year to come.
#24: To the person I have played with and fought with, who has been my chief rival and my best friend. I wish you happiness today and always.
#25: To my little sister, I am so proud of the woman that you have become. I hope you have a happy birthday and a wonderful year ahead.
#26: To my big sister, thank you so much for all of your support and your good advice over the years. I love you. Happy birthday!
#27: To my bratty little sister, it seems like you have turned out to be not so bad after all. I really do love you. Happy Birthday!
#28: To my bossy older sister who usually turned out to be right. Thank you so much for helping me and being there for me. Happy Birthday!
#29: You can choose your friends, but you can not choose your sister. Still, if you were not my sister, I would want you to be my friend. Happy Birthday!
#30: You may be a year older today, but you are still not the boss of me. Just kidding! Happy Birthday to you, big sister!
#31: Happy Birthday to my dear, sweet sister. Prayers and blessings for this day and for many years to come. I love you so much.
#32: I am so happy that I have you as my sister. I hope that you have a good birthday and that the year ahead is filled with blessings.
#33: Happy Birthday from someone who knows how old you really are. I will keep your secret, though. Have a good day and a joyful year to come.
#34: Another year has gone by, my dear sister. Even though you are far away, you are always close to my heart. Happy Birthday and blessings for the year ahead.
#35: To my little sister, you keep getting older and taking me with you. I can’t believe that you are already ___. Oh well. Happy Birthday! I love you.
#1: Happy, Happy Birthday sister. I believe this new year of your life will bring forth wonderful things in your life because you are the nicest friend anyone can ever have. I pride in being your bro and will always love you. Happy birthday.
#2: This is to wish a happy birthday to someone who has brought joy and love into not only my life but also a lot of insight and knowledge: Thanks my sister may this special day bring you all your heart’s wishes. Happy birthday.
#3: Friends may come and go throughout my life, but you will always be there for me. I am so grateful that I have a sister as wonderful as you in my life. There is no one I would rather have as a sister than you. Happy birthday sis.
#4: Dear sis; growing up I always looked up to you and adored you and as we grow older, I still do and love you more. Thanks for always showing me to live life in style. Happy birthday to my cool role model!
#5: I am so grateful to have a persona like you for a sister and this is the best gift in my life. Celebrate your birthday in a big way and have fun for you deserve it. You have always deserved the best.
#6: You touch my heart and my life like no one else and you have always been my support system. I’m so proud to be able to celebrate your birthday with you. May you have the best one yet.
#7: To the person I have played with and wrangled with as do all sisters. To one who has been my chief rival and my best friend and cheerleader? I wish you happiness today and may the New Year bring you joy and peace and more love.
#8: Happy birthday sis; Here’s to bigger and brighter years ahead for my best friend and mentor. May your every wishes come true this year and every year after this. May you only experience happiness and love. Happy birthday sister!
#9: Frankly sis; you are everything I strive to be: strong, beautiful, and courageous all in the same package. You remind me in so many ways of our mother and this is the greatest compliment that I can give you my friend.
#10: It’s a rare and indeed precious gift to have a sister as phenomenal as you and for this reason, I will always be grateful. You are kind and your personality oozes warmth that envelopes everyone. I am so lucky to be your sister. Happy birthday sis.
#11: My dear sister; you mean the world to me and I say this from the bottom of my heart. I have to be one of the luckiest people in the world to have you in my life. Enjoy a happy birthday and may this day portend joy and peace in your life.
#12: The most heartfelt birthday greetings to my friend, mentor, and the person whose presence in my everyday life makes it so worth living and special in every way. I love you sis and may you have the best birthday ever.
#13: Dear sister, you’re a great blessing to me and to our family, your unending love and affections is one of those things I cherished about you, on your birthday today I wish you all that you wish yourself. Happy birthday dearest sister.
#14: Dear sister, we might fight for silly things and argue over silly things but I just want to let you know you’re the best sister anyone could ever have. Have a blast on your day. Happy birthday sister.
#15: On your birthday today, I wish you a day of laughter, joy, fulfilled happiness and all goodies you can ever wish for. Happy birthday sister and many happy returns.
#16: If everyone could have a sister like mine, then the world would be a better place to live in, dear sister because of you my life becomes better and I’m forever grateful. Happy birthday dearest sister.
#17: People may come and go but sisters remain forever and I’m glad to have a sister like you and I wouldn’t ask for no one else but you even in another lifetime. Happy birthday my lovely sister.
#18: Dear sister, growing up with you has been fun and I’ve enjoyed every bit of it, the laughter and the memories. Happy birthday sweet sister. I love you.
#19: Sweet sister, during trails you were always there for me, you comforted me when I was sad and gave me reason to smile everyday and today I just want you to have the best of your day, explore and have enough fun. Happy birthday sister.
#20: I call you my role model because I’ve always look up to you, your success and achievements is what I’ll forever respect, I’ve watched your steps closely and I’m trying to emulate you. To one of the greatest woman I know, enjoy your day sis. Happy birthday.
#21: Dear sister you’re simply amazing not only because you cared for me but because you love me like no one else could and I’m lucky to have been loved by a precious person like you. Happy birthday sweet sister.
#22: Dear doll, I’ll always be there when you need me, I’ll always be there when you lost your keys, and I’ll always be at your rescue in every phase of life. Happy birthday sister.
#23: Dear sister, thank you for supporting me and encouraging me, I just want to let you know I really do appreciate everything you’ve done for me and your unfailing love. Happy birthday sister.
#24: Dear sister, I don’t know who to say to make you’ve the most amazing birthday that you deserve but I hope my little text could show you how much you mean to me and how I want you to have an amazing birthday like you are. Happy birthday sis.
#25: Dear sister, this message is to wish you a amazing, bigger and better years ahead, may all of your heart desires comes true and may you continue to enjoy all the good things that comes with life. Happy birthday sister.
#26: Hey pretty, my gifts to you on your birthday today include lots of love, fun, happiness and the joy you can ever wished for, and I hope it meets you in good health dear. Happy birthday pretty sis, have a blast.
#27: You are my sister and my best friend, you are always there for me, supporting me, encouraging me, listening to me and all those other things that sisters do. Happy Birthday Dear sister.
#28: Dear sister, you deserve to be celebrated everyday and your birthday deserves to be a national holiday, because you are a special and you’re a treasure. Have a wonderful birthday sister. Happy birthday dear.
#29: Dear sweet sister, on this special day, I wish you all the very best, all the joy you can ever have and I pray May you be blessed abundantly today, tomorrow and the days to come! Happy birthday my lovely sister.
#1: Hi sister, you’re privileged to experience another year on earth and you can only be grateful to heaven for that, I’m sending birthday wishes your way for a beautiful year ahead, may your lucky stars continue to shine and make all of your dreams come true. Enjoy your day sis.
#2: Sister, you shine brighter than the sun and more radiant than a diamond, I could easily pick you in a crowd because you’re simply stunning and outstanding. To the only beauty queen I know, I’m wishing you length of years and an amazing birthday. Happy birthday lovely sister.
#3: Hey pretty sis, your birthday comes once in a year, so I want you to make the best of today, play, laugh, love and have all the fun you can today, remember to make this a memorable and amazing day. Happy birthday.
#4: Dear sister, you’re a direct image of myself and you remind me so much of our mother because you’re amazing as she is, loving as she is and caring as she is, on your birthday I pray for length of years for you and more grace. Happy birthday sister.
#5: Dear sis, I’m so glad to have a talented, sweet, crazy, loving, funny, caring ,fantastic and amazing person like you as my sister, you made my childhood a very interesting one and I can only be grateful for that. Have a day as all that I’ve listed. Happy birthday dearest sis.
#6: Dear sister, you’re my strength when I was weak and you light up my life with your warmest smile, no matter how many birthday cake candles you’ve got lit, they’ll never light up my life like you do. Have a wonderful birthday sis. Happy birthday.
#7: Dear sister, today you’re given another opportunity to blow out candles, I’m sure you are grateful because it means another year of joy and greater opportunities for you , make everyday of your life count and enjoy every moment. Happy birthday sweet sister. Love you endlessly.
Also Read: Belated Happy Birthday Wishes
If I cared about you once, I'll care about you forever. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so nice and could actually not care for once." quote.
You lasted as long as you did because I have trouble giving up.
I normally see the worst in people. With you it was different, I chose to see the best. Constantly, I chose to see the good, which is funny because the good was hardly there.
It was a manipulation, you showed up when you knew you had to. You said what you needed to say, did what you needed to do, but only the minimum. Always only the minimum. You learned just enough about me to know what I needed to believe in you, to know what I needed to hear.
And I fell for it all, for the first time in a long time I decided to trust someone besides myself.
And all I was believing were lies.
But if I was important to you, you would have showed me. If you cared about me, you would have been there for me. If you wanted to spend the rest of your life with me, you would have fought for me. If you couldn’t live without me, you would have done anything to save us.
I said you were important, and I showed you every day.
I said that I cared, and I cared so much I nearly destroyed myself.
I said that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you and I lied.
When I said I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you I didn’t realize I was talking to a liar.I thought I was saying these words to someone who I could trust, when it turns out I was saying these words to someone who never existed.
I built you up in my mind. I created you out of the things you said on a whim that I took to heart.
I opened up to you and you left me alone.
Maybe you thought you could string me along, ignoring me and using me for attention when it was convenient for you.
But what you didn’t count on was how strong I am. You didn’t count on me knowing how to walk away when there was nothing left for me. You didn’t count on the fact that I would realize you weren’t enough for me.
Walking away from you may have been one of the hardest things I’ve ever done, but I don’t regret it because you’re a liar.
And I don’t have time to care about people who use me at their convenience.
I said I couldn’t live without you, and I lied.
There are certain quotes that hold more significance to us than one reason or another. They strike a deep and meaningful chord and touch us. While many of us my find quotes cute or cliché, there are many that have stood up the test of time, or struck a note with us. The ones that last, the ones that make us wonder why we stopped and took notice, are because there is something about them that rings true. Something that is very personal to us. Something that pushes us to want to be better, do better, act better, or think better n our relationships. Here are 20 quotes that will hopefully stop and make you think why you fell in love with this person in the first place, why you want to be the best version of yourself in this relationship, and any reason that you aren't.
20 Inspirational Relationship Quotes
1) "I'm not telling you it is going to be easy- I am telling you it is going to be worth it." - Art Williams
Relationships are never easy all the time, but if you care about the person enough, you are willing to do whatever work it takes to make it last.
2) "You can't just give up on someone because the situation is not ideal. Great relationships are not great because they have no problems. They are great because both people care enough about the other person to find a way to make it work." - Unknown
Too often a relationship becomes about keeping score of who wins and who loses. If you care about that person enough, none of that matters, it just matters that the two of you can find a way to come to an agreement and move forward.
3) "Relationships end too soon because people stop putting in the same effort to keep you, as they did to win you." - Unknown
This is an important one to think about, as it has a great deal to do with the constant appreciation we need to show for each other.
4) "There is no challenge strong enough to destroy your marriage as long as you are both willing to stop fighting against each other, and start fighting for each other. "- Dave Willis
This is a great concept. The understanding that there is nothing that each of you is strong enough to accomplish on your own, as you would be together.
5) "He can't read your mind. So take a moment to let him know how you really feel." - Stephen Speaks
This seems so obvious, but often goes unspoken. As we get further and further into a relationship, we assume the other person knows how we feel. This is not true, it remains just as important to tell always clarify how we are feeling for our partner.
6)"Sometimes you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time." - Unknown
In this day of people searching so hard, and on such a deadline to meet people, we often forget that we most often meet people when we least expect it. When we are completely off guard, and being completely ourselves.
7) "Whether it is a friendship or a relationship, all bonds are built on trust. Without it, you have nothing." - Unknown
This really is as simple as it sounds. Without trust, there is nothing. If we do not trust our partner, how can there ever be peace in the relationship?
8) "Apologizing does not mean that you're wrong and the other person is right. It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego." - Unknown
This ties back to the concept of keeping score. Sometimes it is not about winning the argument, it is about winning the affections and happiness of your partner.'
9) "Don't talk, just act. Don't say, just show. Don't promise, just prove." - Unknown
This ties into one simple concept, let your actions meet your words. People get tired of hearing the same things over and over that never get done. Be a person of substance, a person of action, a person who does what they say.
10) "We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason." - Unknown
Believe that good or bad, everyone comes into your life, and into a relationship with you for a reason. Whether it is to have an undying love, or whether it is to further define what you want in a relationship remains to be seen.
11) "The greatest relationships are the ones you never expected to be in." - Unknown
Time and again, the relationships that you hear people say, "I would have never seen them together," are the best ones. They are the ones where people have let go of the unrealistic images we have of our ideal person, and open ourselves possibilities.
12) "It doesn't matter who hurt you, or broke you down. What matters is who made you smile again."
Remember this point, as it is important. The person you are with now, is not anyone you have been with before. Do not hold the crimes of the past against the person in your present.
13) "A true relationship is two imperfect people refusing to give up on each other." - Unknown
This points out the obvious point that we are not perfect. No one if. Love and strong relationships are when two people deeply care for each other despitethese imperfections.
14) "The best feeling in the world is knowing that you actually mean something to someone." - Unknown
It is as simple as that. It is a deeply warm and powerful feeling to know that we mean something special to someone else. That to them, there is no one in this world quite like us.
15) "All relationships go through hell, real ones get through it." - Unknown
If people who have been together for any length of time tell you that they have never been through tough times, question their honesty. It is the belief that relationships are not disposable, they are worth working for.
16) "A good relationship is when someone accepts your past, supports your present, and encourages your future."- Unknown
In a strong relationship, you never holds the transgressions of someone's past against them. They should never come up at all. You are very active and supportive of them in the present, and you are encouraging of their future goals.
17) "The moment you start to wonder if you deserve better, you do." - Unknown
While marriage is hard work, while it is far from disposable, when we start to truly believe that we are in a relationship that is not one of equals, we deserve better. This can mean a lot of things, whether you deserve better in the relationship, or out of it.
18) "Don't let someone change who you are, to become what they need," - Unknown
The hope is that your partner fell in love with you for who you are, do not change yourself to fill the voids of what they need to feel complete. They are the only person who can do that for themselves.
19) "A perfect relationship is not perfect, it's just that both people never gave up." - Unknown
There is no such thing as a perfect relationship, there is only such a thing as a relationship that has persevered despite all the odds and all the obstacles.
20) "No matter how busy a person's day may be, if they really care, they will always find time for you." - Unknown
Such a simple but true thought, and one we should ask ourselves. If someone is important to us, we will find a way to tell them, even for a minute. If we are important to someone, they will find a way as well.
“no one cares unless you're pretty or dying”. i'm sick of always caring and being there . “I wish I had someone who cared enough to realize something was.
If I were a betting woman, I’d wager my next paycheck that you’ve Googled “quotes about love” or “quotes about friendship” (or even “bad ass feminist quotes”)—something in order to find the just the right Instagram caption. I’m not judging—I’ve done it myself. But if you’ve been searching for perfect love quotes to no avail, don’t worry; I got you.
I mean, I keep a note on my phone full of song lyrics that I consult when I can’t think of anything pithy or interesting to caption a photo—no joke. There’s no shame in wanting the perfect accompaniment to the perfect photo. And, because love seems to be one of the biggest themes in all of literature, movies, television—you get the picture—it only makes sense that there are an abundance of love quotes just waiting to make the caption on your Instagram post both thoughtful and poignant.
I compiled 101 (yeah, like the Dalmatians) quotes about love so that you can no longer worry about what to caption that photo of you and BAE (or you and your BFF) (or you and your mom) (or you and your dog). Look, whatever the photo is, there’s a love quote for it. Hell, you could use one of these quotes for a picture of a really good cheeseburger. There are endless possibilities (well, 101 possibilities). So bookmark this page, babes, because you now have a stockpile of quotes for every occasion. From Lady Gaga to Oscar Wilde, there’s wisdom waiting to be found in everyone. Whether you’re a bibliophile or just a big fan of romantic movies, there’s a quote for you.
101. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk through my garden forever.” —Alfred Tennyson
100. “We waste time looking for the perfect lover instead of creating the perfect love.” —Tom Robbins
99. “Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.” —Lady Gaga
98. “We love the things we love for what they are.” —Robert Frost
97. “You don’t love someone because they’re perfect. You love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.” —Jodi Picoult (My Sister’s Keeper)
96. “You deserve love, and you’ll get it.” —Amy Poehler
95. “People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.” —Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)
94. “I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart).” —ee cummings
93. “Give in to love, or live in fear.” —Jonathan Larson (“Rent”)
92. “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” —Oscar Wilde
91. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” —Pablo Neruda
90. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” —Lao Tzu
89. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” —Robert A. Heinlein
88. “We accept the love we think we deserve.” —Stephen Chbosky (The Perks of Being a Wallflower)
87. “To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.” —C.S. Lewis
86. “If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don’t, they never were.” —Khalil Gibran
85. “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it—always.” —Mahatma Gandhi
84. “I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.” —Pablo Neruda
83. “If music be the food of love, play on.” —William Shakespeare
82. “Love is a promise. Love is a souvenir. Once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.” —John Lennon
81. “In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” —Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)
80. “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” —Paolo Coelho (The Alchemist)
79. “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” —A.A. Milne
78. “Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” —Oscar Wilde
77. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I’d hoped to give you forever” —Nicholas Sparks
76. “We loved with a love that was more than love.” —Edgar Allen Poe
75. “Love is something sent from heaven to worry the hell out of you.” —Dolly Parton
74.”There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.” —Friedrich Nietzsche
73. “I’m here. I love you. I don’t care if you need to stay up crying all night long, I will stay with you. There’s nothing you can ever do to lose my love. I will protect you until you die, and after your death I will still protect you. I am stronger than depression and I am braver than loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me.” —Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)
72. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” —André Gide
71. “What is love? I have met in the streets a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, the water passed through his shoes and the stars through his soul.” —Victor Hugo
70. “Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love.” —William Shakespeare (Hamlet)
69. “You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope…I have loved none but you.” —Jane Austen
68. “It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
67. “What’s meant to be will always find a way” —Trisha Yearwood
66. “Men are a luxury. Not a necessity.” —Cher
65. “Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.” —François de La Rochefoucauld
64. “What is hell? I maintain that it is the suffering of being unable to love.” —Fyodor Dostoyevsky
63. “To be brave is to love someone unconditionally, without expecting anything in return.” —Madonna
62. “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach.” —Elizabeth Barrett Browning
61. “I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self respect. And it’s these things I’d believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn’t all she should be. I love her and it is the beginning of everything.” —F. Scott Fitzgerald (on his wife, Zelda)
60. “Piglet: ‘How do you spell ‘love’?’ Winnie the Pooh: ‘You don’t spell it…you feel it.'” —A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
59. “They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” —Tom Bodett
58. “Don’t settle for a relationship that won’t let you be yourself.” —Oprah Winfrey
57. “Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.” —Maya Angelou
56. “For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.” —Stephanie Perkins (Anna and the French Kiss)
55. “My wish is that you may be loved to the point of madness.” —André Breton (What is Surrealism?: Selected Writings)
54. “A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.” —Kurt Vonnegut
53. “Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze.” —Elinor Glyn
52. “You could have had anything else in the world, and you asked for me.” —Cassandra Clare (City of Glass)
51. “About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won’t like you at all.” —Rita Mae Brown
50. “The highest function of love is that it makes the loved one a unique and irreplaceable being.” —Tom Robbins
49. “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow – this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.” —Elizabeth Gilbert
48. “This is what we call love. When you are loved, you can do anything in creation. When you are loved, there’s no need at all to understand what’s happening, because everything happens within you.” —Paulo Coelho
47. “Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.” —James Baldwin
46. “There is only one page left to write on. I will fill it with words of only one syllable. I love. I have loved. I will love.” —Audrey Niffenegger (The Time Traveler’s Wife)
45. “You only learn to love again when you fall in love again.” —Adele
44. “I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be.” —Charles Dickens (Great Expectations)
43. “A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.” —Thomas Carlyle
42. “It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them. ” —Agatha Christie
41. “Do not seek the because—in love there is no because, no reason, no explanation, no solutions.” —Anais Nin
40. “Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness.” —Bertrand Russell (The Conquest of Happiness)
39. “You know, when it works, love is pretty amazing. It’s not overrated. There’s a reason for all those songs.” —Sarah Dessen (This Lullaby)
38. “I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary.” —Margaret Atwood
37. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” —Nora Ephron (When Harry Met Sally)
36. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” —Helen Keller
35. “Love liberates. It doesn’t bind.” —Maya Angelou
34. “I believe there are some things in life you can’t deny or rationalize, and [love] is one of them.” —Cate Blanchett
33. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” —Audrey Hepburn
32. “Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.” —Zora Neale Hurston
31. “Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky.” —Rainer Maria Rilke
30. “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” —Robert Frost
29. “You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.” —Julia Roberts
28. “The giving of love is an education in itself.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
27. “Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.” —Antoine de Saint-Exupery
26. “You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.” —Barbara de Angelis
25. “For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love.” —Carl Sagan
24. “Love is unpredictable, and it’s frustrating, and it’s tragic and it’s beautiful.” —Taylor Swift
23. “If you wish to be loved, show more of your faults than your virtues.” —Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
22. “Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.” —Zelda Fitzgerald
21. “You can’t put a price tag on love, but you can on all its accessories.” —Melanie Clark
20. “Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.” —J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
19. “If you remember me, then I don’t care if everyone else forgets.” —Haruki Murakami (Kafka on the Shore)
18.”Love is being stupid together.” —Paul Valery
17. “Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other.” —Rainer Maria Rilke
16. “Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.” —Peter Ustinov
15. “When we are in love, we seem to ourselves quite different from what we were before.” —Blaise Pascal
14. “Look after my heart—I’ve left it with you.” —Stephanie Meyer (Eclipse)
13. “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” —Marilyn Monroe
12. “Love is a sacred reserve of energy; it is like the blood of spiritual evolution.” —Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
11. “Happiness isn’t getting what you want, it’s wanting what you got.” —Garth Brooks
10. “To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” —David Viscott
9. “Accustom yourself continually to make many acts of love, for they enkindle and melt the soul.” —Saint Teresa of Avila
8. “Love is a mutual self-giving which ends in self-recovery.” —Fulton J. Sheen
7. “Happiness [is] only real when shared” —John Krakauer (Into the Wild)
6. “Sometimes it’s a form of love just to talk to somebody that you have nothing in common with and still be fascinated by their presence.” —David Byrne
5. “Soul mate: two little words, one big concept. A belief that someone, somewhere, is holding the key to your heart.” —Carrie Bradshaw (Sex and the City)
4. “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” —Albert Einstein
3. “Love is the extremely difficult realization that something other than oneself is real.” —Iris Murdoch
2. “I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.” —Pablo Nerudo
1. “Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.” —Joan Crawford
A version of this article was originally published in February 2016.
A sister is someone like a mother, she cares for you the same way a mother does and her unending love surpasses all. The best thing about a.