Use these wedding wishes and wedding card messages to offer your congratulations to the bride and "May today be the beginning of a long, happy life together. . So you're writing a message on your brother's or sister's wedding card?.
We've been there: You shop long and hard to find the perfect wedding card for the soon-to-be married couple and then you get home and have a pretty rough time figuring out what to write in it. The good news is, there are no hard-and-fast rules about what to write in a wedding card. As long as your wedding congratulations message is heartfelt and offers the couple a positive wish for their marriage, you're good to go.
It should almost go without saying that wedding cards are customary for anyone who wants to send wedding wishes to an engaged or newly married couple. If you're following traditional wedding guest etiquette, you'll either want to bring the card to the wedding reception or mail it directly to the couple (usually between the time you receive the wedding invitation and a few weeks after the wedding). Honestly though, you can send it whenever you want. You could even send a nice card if the wedding is small and you're not invited. Simply put: Wedding congratulations are welcome anytime by anyone!
As for the card itself, wedding cards come in lots of different formats—from standard greeting cards you find at a cute stationery shop to homemade cards, small tags attached to gifts and even simple, digitally created wedding messages that are printed and shipped to the couple with their gift. All of the above pass as a wedding card and are considered okay, so don't feel the need to have more than one. (Then again, if you bought a gift off the couple's registry and want them to also have a pretty card from you, take one to the reception and drop it in a wedding card box or on a gift table!)
In short, yes. That said, it used to be saying or writing "congratulations" to a newly married woman was once considered a faux pas because it was thought of as congratulating her on actually landing a man! (Yep, you read that right.) Today though, that's considered an outdated rule and school of thought. Still, if the couple happens to be very traditional or come from a very traditional family, you might want to avoid the term altogether and just say "best wishes."
The perfect wedding wish is sentimental, sweet and totally tailored to the couple. Is it for your favorite cousin and his new wife? Or your hilarious college roommate who finally settled down? Below are dozens of examples of wedding wishes quotes for inspiration. Use the quick links below to craft an amazing (genius!) wedding message:
Just because it's a formal wedding with floor-length dresses and tuxes doesn't mean you have to send a formal card with stuffy wording. (The card doesn't have to perfectly match the event.) Still, if you want to write a nice message that's timeless and romantic, a formal note is the way to go.
If you don't feel comfortable with formal wedding sayings, then don't do it. Be yourself. It's completely fine to write a more casual wedding message in the card, no matter the recipient. Put it this way: Short and sweet is always fine, as long as you're saying something nice or including a wish for the couple's future.
Go ahead and write something funny in the card that you think will make them laugh. Just be careful with your marriage wishes. What might easily come across as a joke in conversation could be taken the wrong way on paper. As a rule of thumb, avoid jokes that are sarcastic or snarky. Also off-limits? Steer clear of anything that could be considered insulting, imply that one of them is the "better half" or mention anything about it having taken way too long (or way too little time) to get married. Oh, and no divorce jokes!
If the couple is religious, then this might be the best option. Religious wedding card messages can mention God, tell them of your prayers or quote scripture. Before writing a religious message in a wedding card, consider the couple's beliefs and practices, and customize the message to them. If they aren't too religious or don't worship regularly, something very religious could make them uncomfortable, so it's be best to tone down religious elements or avoid them altogether. And if you're unsure of what religious message to write, opt for more general wedding words instead.
When writing a wedding card for family, you can go very general or very personal—it's completely up to you and the type of message you want to convey.
So you're writing a message on your brother's or sister's wedding card? The key here is personality. In some cases, sibling relationships are strained, in which case you might want to go general. But more often, your brother or sister is the person whom you know best, to whom you can make inside jokes or recall some of your favorite moments together. Just remember to mention the new spouse in your note!
It's a big deal when your son or daughter marries. And when you're the mother or father of the bride or groom, you'll most likely feel a flurry of emotions that are extra tricky to get down on paper. What's most important is that you wish the couple well. From there, add in some personal touches to the otherwise standard wedding wishes quote to give your wedding card message meaning. If you're happily married, you could even add some of your own marriage advice.
It's just as good of a choice to go classic with wedding wording on a friend's wedding card as it is to get specific and personal. Before you write, consider your relationship and how funny, serious, personal or sentimental you want to get with your wedding wishes. Then go from there.
When writing a card to your coworker who's getting married, you're probably not going to want to wish them "lots of love." Instead, it's best to go with general wording. Use one of the formal or casual examples above, or see below for a few appropriate, work-inspired quotes. All that said, it's more than possible that your coworker is a good friend. If that's the case, scroll up to "Wedding Card Wishes for a Friend."
Whether you're thrilled or lukewarm about the union, if your mom or dad is getting married (or remarried), it's completely normal to agonize a little over the right wedding card wording. Our best piece of advice? Be honest and tell the truth. Don't say you're crazy about the new husband or wife if you're not, but instead wish them both a happy future together. After all, isn't that what you want for your parent?
Happy Married Life Sister - Wedding Wishes for Sister. ♥ I cannot believe that my favorite sis is getting married! Hope your hubby-to-be knows.
Is your sister getting married? Are you looking for the perfect message to say congratulations and that you wish her well in her new life? Don’t worry. We have you covered. Below are some sample short and long messages that you can use for her special day.
1: Congratulations on your wedding, sister. I wish you and your husband all the best as you begin your new life. I know that you two will be happy together.
2: To my favorite sister and her new husband, I hope that your life together is filled with happiness and joy. I look forward to having a new brother-in-law.
3: To my dear sister on her wedding day. I wish you every blessing as you start on the road ahead with your new husband. I love both of you very much.
4: So, you are getting married and moving out. I will miss you, but I know you will be happy with your new husband. By the way, can I have your room?
5: To my sister and my new brother-in-law. I hope that your life together is filled with every blessing and that you are very happy together. Congratulations on your wedding.
6: Congratulations on your marriage. You are both such wonderful people. I hope that all of your dreams come true as you begin this new journey.
7: To my baby sister on her wedding day. You were the little girl that always followed me around, and now you are all grown up. I wish both of you all the best. Congratulations.
8: As you begin your journey as a married woman, I wish you every blessing. I hope that you are happy in your life with your new husband. Congratulations to both of you!
9: It is not often that two people so perfect for each other get together. I am so happy for you. Blessings to both of you as you begin your life together. Congratulations on your wedding.
10: Your husband-to-be is so smart and good-looking. He is a great catch. I hope that your life together with him is a happy one. Congratulations on your wedding.
11: On your wedding day, I want to let you know how much I love you and how proud I am of you. You have grown from my bratty little sister to a beautiful young woman. Congratulations.
12: To my bossy big sister on her wedding day. I am going to miss you. I wish you and your new husband all the best as you start your life together.
13: As you begin your new life together as husband and wife, I wish both of you all the best. If either of you need anything along the way, please ask. Congratulations on your wedding.
14: To my little sister on her wedding day. There are many joys and challenges that come along with building a life together. I wish you and your new husband every happiness. Congratulations.
15: Congratulations to you and your new husband on your wedding day. I know that this day has been long in coming. I wish both you of every happiness and that all of your dreams come true.
16: Who would have thought that my sister would get married, and to such a wonderful guy? I hope that both of you will be very happy together. Congratulations.
1: Marriage is a journey of many joys and sorrows. Now you will be sharing them with your new husband. Both of you are wonderful people, and I know that you will be able to build a happy life together. Many blessings for now and for the future. Congratulations, dear sister.
2: To my little sister on her wedding day. It is hard to know what to say. You and I have shared many things together, and I have seen you grow into a confident young woman. You chose a good man to spend your life with, and I am happy to have him as my brother-in-law. Congratulations.
3: Congratulations on your wedding. As my older sister, you have looked after me in so many different ways. You have always been a source of good advice and a shoulder that I could lean on. I am very happy for you. Best wishes to you and your husband-to-be.
4: You and I have spent a lot of time together throughout the years. We have played and fought. You have been my best friend and my worst enemy. Now you will be starting a new life together with your husband. I wish you all the best. By the way, I will be thrilled if you make me an aunt.
5: Congratulations to you and your new husband on your wedding day. Does he know what he is getting into? Just kidding. I hope that the two of you are very happy together. I will miss you at home. Good luck!
6: Welcome to the world of married life, my sister. As you begin your life together with your new husband, I want you to know that I am here for you if you ever need anything. You are very important to me, and I love you. I wish both of you the best now and in the future.
7: I am so happy that you found such a wonderful man to spend your life with. I will be proud to call him my brother-in-law. I hope that both of you will be insanely happy together and that you have nothing but good fortune. Congratulations on your wedding!
8: As you begin your married life together, I want you to know just how lucky I feel to have you as my sister. I look forward to having a new brother-in-law. Take care of each other on your journey. I love you, and I wish you all the best for the future.
9: Congratulations on your wedding, dear sister. I hope that your new life is everything you could have ever hoped for. I am happy to be getting a new brother-in-law in the bargain. Many blessings for today and in the years to come.
10: As you celebrate your wedding day, I want you to know how much you mean to me, my dear sister. I am so happy that you have found someone so wonderful to spend your life with. I wish you well today and in the years to come. Congratulations.
If you are looking for Blissful anniversary card for sister and your brother in law. Here you can find all sorts of greetings messages and anniversary cards. This is a perfect place for finding best greeting and wishes.
Happy Anniversary to Sister and Brother in Law
Dear Sister and Brother, together you two are perfect. On this anniversary i wanna wish you a very happy anniversary, may you both live long and look after each other like you always do.
Happy Anniversary to Brother and Sister. As you are celebrating another year together, it is very clear that you two are meant for each other. Best wishes!
Most congratulation on your Marriage Anniversary. May your golden union will always be like this, and may you have many more happy anniversaries. We all love you, my dear sister and brother.
Happy Anniversary to a most beautiful couple that i have ever seen. May your anniversary day always satisfy your hearts with joy and the happy memories of previous life time spent together.
Best wishes to both of you on your Happy Anniversary. Your marriage have always been blessed with a real loving relation of joy, happiness, and friendship. May you find these things for all the years to come.
Strong wishes comes your way on your Wedding Anniversary. A cup is raised for you on your special day and let us all celebrate on this beautiful occasion.
Love, trust, tolerance & tenacity. This is what we have seen in your relation every time. May you have such beautiful life ahead of you as well. Best wished on your special wedding anniversary.
We wish you a very happy anniversary on your 15 years of loving marriage. Your celebration on this fine occasion, means a world to us. May you have such loving life for all the years to come. Best wishes to a very special Sister and Brother in law.
Best wishes to both of you on your wedding anniversary. May the love you share last a lifetime. May you be blessed with many more beautiful sons and daughters.
This greeting is been sent to my sister and brother in law to say love on their beautiful and everlasting relation. I wish you a very happy anniversary. May God Bless you both.
Happy Anniversary messages to Sister and Brother in Law
A very happy anniversary to both of you. Always be a happy family. Share time with each other. Good and bad things are a part of a life, so face them with a smile. Together you can face all sorts of problem or difficulties. God Bless you both.
Dear Sister, you look perfect when you stand with your partner. May the love between you always remain like this and may it will prosper over the time. I love you both. Happy Anniversary.
My sweet brother has grown and now its his own first anniversary. I can’t imagine how the time flies. May you and your partner live a very long happy and loving life. I love you both. Happy anniversary my dear.
I congratulate you on an another happy year of your life, may you have many more years of love, laughter and happiness. I wish you a very happy anniversary.
You have always been there for me in both good and bad times, i want you to know that i’m always there for both of you. I wish you a very happy anniversary. May you be a loving family in all years to come. I love you both.
Dear sister and brother in law, you are best in the world, you two means a world to me. I am very happy in your happiness. I congratulate you on another loving year of your life. Best wishes. Happy anniversary.
I always considered my Brother as my best friend. That was until my Sister in law came. Sorry Brother i have changed sides. She’s my best friend now. I love you both and i wish you a very happy anniversary with great love.
Another happy year for you both. May this year also brings you happiness and comfort with love and joy, like all the years before. Many many happy return of the day. Happy Anniversary my dearest fellow. I love you so much.
I hope that the love you shared on the wedding is still the same or more. May this year brings you happiness and joy together. May you marriage be as strong as steel and you trust as deep as a sea.
Happy Anniversary. May the love you share last a life time and may you be always like this. Best couple in the whole world. I give you best wishes.
Through this card, i send all the love and best wishes to you on your anniversary and your successful marriage. Give my love to your beautiful children as well.
Happy anniversary, may this day satisfies you with everlasting love and fills you with joy and old precious and sweet memories.
A wonderful pair with mountains of love. May you always be like that. I wish you very happy anniversary. I am celebrating this beautiful occasion with you both. A cup raised to your love and your successful marriage.
Wedding wishes for sister you happy. Dearest sister, you are heading towards a new chapter of your life. No words can express how happy I am for you.
If your dearest Behna's first wedding anniversary is around the corner and you want to convey to her how much you love and miss her, then read this curated listicle of wedding anniversary wishes for sister to bring a smile to her face.
Seeing your sister/brother tie the knot is one of the most emotionally charged moments in a sibling's life. If your dearest Behna's first wedding anniversary is around the corner, then sit back, put your feet up and use these tried and tested wedding anniversary wishes for sister to bring a smile to her face.
Sometimes, finding a gift is the hardest part of it all. We have enlisted some emotional and heart-warming wedding anniversary wishes for sister quotes and sayings, that will go perfectly well with the gift if you have chosen to shower her with.
There is literally a sea of wedding anniversary wishes for sister which express love and life in a manner that is perfect! We have curated for you a listicle of some of the best wedding anniversary wishes for sister quotes and sayings that will help you tell your sister how much you love, respect and miss her!
1. "Dear Sister and Brother-in-law, together you two are perfect. On this anniversary I want to wish you a very happy anniversary, may you both live long and look after each other like you always do."
2. "Someday, I hope that I can find the type of love in my life that you have found in each other. Your relationship is truly an inspiration. Happy anniversary!"
3. "Best wishes to both of you on your Happy Anniversary. Your marriage has always been blessed with a real loving relation of joy, happiness, and friendship. May you find these things for all the years to come."
4. "A very happy anniversary to both of you. Always be a happy family. Share time with each other. Good and bad things are a part of life, so face them with a smile. Together you can face all sorts of problem or difficulties. God Bless you both."
5. "Dear Sister, you look perfect when you stand with your partner. May the love between you always remain like this and may it will prosper over time. I love you both. Happy Anniversary."
6. "You have always been there for me in both good and bad times, I want you to know that I’m always there for both of you. I wish you a very happy anniversary. May you be a loving family in all the years to come. I love you both."
7. "I hope that the love you shared at the wedding is still the same or more. May this year brings you happiness and joy together. May your marriage be as strong as steel and you trust as deep as a sea."
8. "Happy anniversary, may this day satisfies you with an everlasting love and fills you with joy and old precious and sweet memories."
9. "A wonderful pair with mountains of love. May you always be like that. I wish you a very happy anniversary. I am celebrating this beautiful occasion with you both. A cup raised to your love and your successful marriage."
10. "Dear sister your relationship is full of love, trust and respect. And it feels so good to see you both together. Happy marriage anniversary to you."
11. "My sister, may the love that you both share lasts for a lifetime. Happy Anniversary and may God bless you both!"
12. "A very happy anniversary to both of you. Always stay together because I know together you can both conquer the whole world. Happy wedding anniversary to you my dear sister."
13. "Dear sister, you and brother-in-law both look perfect when you stand by each other. Happy anniversary to you both."
14. "You have spent another year together which means you both are made for each other. Wish you very happy wedding anniversary."
15. "I congratulate you my dear sister and brother-in-law for the completion of another year of married life."
16. "My sister is the best in the whole world. I love you and i wish you a very happy anniversary with great love."
17. "I am sending you all my good wishes and love to celebrate the coming year together as before. Happy wedding anniversary to Sister and Brother in Law."
18. "Wishing you a very warm happy wedding anniversary to Sister and Brother in Law on this wonderful occasion and live happily."
19. "Dear sister! You are the best couple and happy wedding anniversary to you and Brother in Law."
20. "You have always been the best. You are a perfect sister and a perfect wife. Happy wedding anniversary, my sweetie."
21. "Its completion of another year of great love spent by you and brother-in-law. Happy marriage anniversary to both of you."
22. "From being my sister to a beautiful bride to a perfect wife.It'ss been 12 months since you have got married. Happy wedding anniversary!!!"
23. "Its easy to fall in love with each other than to maintain it. But you guys have proved it. Happy marriage anniversary."
24. "I feel pride to call you as my sister. A perfect girl like you deserved a perfect man. And finally, you have got one. Congratulations and happy marriage anniversary!"
25. "I am really happy that you and brother-in-law are both spending your life with great love. Happy marriage anniversary to you my sweet sister."
26. "Once in a lifetime life gives a fairy tale. I know happy ever after exists by being blessed to witness your loving marriage. Happy Anniversary!"
27. "Having the perfect relationship does not mean that you are perfect. It means that you can accept each other’s flaws and laugh at life’s mistakes. Happy anniversary to the perfect couple."
28. "To a Fairytale couple who seems to spend every waking minute together without getting tired of each other. After all this time, you’d think the honeymoon stage would be over. May the happiness last through this anniversary and forever."
29. "May your anniversary day satisfy your hearts and brings a lot of happiness to you, my dear sister. Wish you very happy wedding anniversary."
30. "May the blessings of God shower on you always. I always want to see you happy. Wish you a very happy marriage anniversary siso!"
These wedding anniversary wishes for sister are straight from the heart. From being overtly emotional, sweet to being overtly sentimental, to famous and deep, you can use these wedding anniversary wishes for sister to seal the deal with your dearest sister. You can use these wedding anniversary wishes for sister for writing a personalised card (think on the lines of her wedding invitation) for her or get one of these wedding anniversary wishes for sister inscribed on a poster, table coasters, matching pillow sets or a photo frame with your pictures since the glorious days of childhood until today.
Did you enjoy reading these wedding anniversary wishes for sister as much as we enjoyed writing them for you? Tell us through comments about which of these is your favourite form the lot!
Wedding anniversaries, especially of your dear sister and brother in law is an important occasion for your family. This is an Wish you a very happy married life!.