Single people can and should be happy while waiting for someone great to come into their lives. Learn from these quotes why you should.
By Quotes for Bros
Don’t worry about single this Valentine’s Day- being single and on your own is a great way to live life. Here are 40 inspiring quotes to remind you that being single is awesome.
Filed Under: Love QuotesTagged With: independent, know yourself, single
Being Single Quotes — I have enough space in my hearts, but we are afraid of allowing Here are the best being single quotes, which will make you realize the .
My alone feels so good, I’ll only have you if you’re sweeter than my solitude. Warsan Shire
Too many women throw themselves into romance because they’re afraid of being single, then start making compromises and losing their identity. I won’t do that. Julie Delpy
Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.
Sex and the City
Being single is getting over the illusion that there is somebody out there to complete you and taking charge of your own life.
If you have to ask someone to change, to tell you they love you, to bring wine to dinner, to call you when they land, you can’t afford to be with them. Sloane Crosley
When I get lonely these days, I think: So BE lonely, Liz. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience. But never again use another person’s body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings. Elizabeth Gilbert
Personally, I, Mindy Kaling want to spend like 80 percent of my life hanging out with women. Mindy Kaling
How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself.
It seemed to me that the desire to get married – which, I regret to say, I believe is basic and primal in women – is followed almost immediately by an equally basic and primal urge – which is to be single again.
It is good to be lonely, for being alone is not easy. The fact that something is difficult must be one more reason to do it. Rilke
I celebrate myself, and sing myself.
Working long hours being single helps because your time is yours. Once you have a family your time isn’t all yours anymore. Most of the Mac team, we were in our mid-20’s, most of us were single, and we were able to essentially devote our lives to it. Andy Hertzfeld
I love being single. I can come and go as I please and stay out as late as I want to.
You do not need to be loved, not at the cost of yourself. The single relationship that is truly central and crucial in a life is the relationship to the self. Of all the people you will know in a lifetime, you are the only one you will never lose. Jo Courdert
If we seek paradise outside ourselves, we cannot have paradise in our hearts. Thomas Merton
Now I’m feeling how I should. Never knew single could feel this good. Jason Derulo
I really enjoy being single again. I spent a lot of time in a relationship and the nearer we came to the end, the more difficult it got. You don’t see things clearly as long as you’re still involved. Dido Armstrong
You are terrifying, and strange, and beautiful. Something not everyone knows how to love. Warsan Shire
I think, therefore I’m single. Liz Winston
Marriage is the only adventure open to the cowardly. Voltaire
We did not come to remain whole.
We came to lose our leaves like the trees,
Trees that start again. Robert Bly
No human being can really understand another, and no one can arrange another’s happiness. Graham Greene
To love blindly is to love selfishly, because the goal of such love is not the real advantage of the beloved but only the exercise of love in our own souls. Thomas Merton
I never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude.
Henry David Thoreau
I regard romantic comedies as a subgenre of
sci-fi, in which the world operates according to different rules than my regular human world. Mindy Kaling
Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go. Hermann Hesse
I like being single, I’m always there when I need me.
Discover why you’re important, then refuse to settle for anyone who doesn’t completely agree. Fisher Amelie
I don’t like to be labeled as lonely just because I am alone. Delta Burke
This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.
I am a lover without a lover. I am lovely and lonely and I belong deeply to myself.
While some of us are more than comfortable with being single, there are many other people out there who find that being single can be a difficult and scary time for them. In reality, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being single. In this article, we have listed numerous great inspirational single quotes and sayings. Scroll down to check them out!
In fact, being single can be a great opportunity especially if you are just getting out of a relationship. If you are getting over a breakup, try to take a step back and look at the positive side of being single.
When you are single, you are a free agent. Sure, you will be without a significant other but in other ways some of your problems will be fewer.
Being in a relationship can be wonderful, but it also has its downsides if you are in a relationship with the wrong person. When you are not in a fulfilling relationship, then you might feel you are being held back. You might also feel like you cannot be yourself. You might even feel like you are losing your identity and your sense of who you really are.
After some time in a relationship, you might take on the other person’s interests, likes, and dislikes. But did you like and dislike those things because of that other person? This is why relationships can sometimes make it confusing to know who we are. In a relationship, you sometimes become one with the other person. While that is not necessarily a bad thing, you do not want to lose yourself in the process.
In a relationship, you might find yourself being influenced a lot by the other person in the relationship. Sometimes this is not always a great thing. When you are single you are forced to do all of the thinking and decision making for yourself. You will not have to worry about what your significant other thinks.
When you are in a relationship, you will often have to worry about the other person’s thoughts and feelings. You might find yourself feeling guilty about not spending enough time with them. When you are single, you do not have to worry about any of these things at all because you are a free spirit.
If you are lucky enough to feel comfortable with being single, then you can probably enjoy the independence that comes with not being tied down in a relationship. When you are single, you can do anything you want and you can go anywhere you want without having to consult with anyone else.
As a single person, you will not have to worry about annoying a significant other with your habits like nail-biting or chewing too loudly. You will not have to worry about your personalities and opinions clashing and you will not have to agonize about getting that special person the perfect gift for birthday and anniversaries.
When you are single, there are benefits in the bedroom as well. When it comes to sleeping, you will not have to worry about sharing your bed with anyone either and while you are single, you can enjoy sprawling out on your bed all by yourself. You will have more freedom to sleep and wake up when you want and you will not adhere to the schedule of a significant other.
Like they say, living the single life can have some perks. But if you love being in a relationship and have a hard time being single, then you will probably need some advice to get you through your life as a single person. Below are many quotes that will help you see the bright side of being single.
Being single is a strange and confusing transition for everyone who has just come out of a relationship. The longer a relationship has lasted, the harder it can be to transition to life as a single person. It can feel lonely, but being single can give you the perfect chance to figure out who you really are. You have a chance to really get to know yourself and to love yourself. Self-love is an important thing that many people do not think about.
We can often get carried away with our relationships with other people and we forget that the relationship that we have with ourselves is the most important relationship of all. If you do not have a good relationship with yourself, then it will be impossible to have a good relationship with someone else.
So how do you learn to embrace being single? You start by embracing positivity in your life. Instead of putting yourself down, work on building your self-esteem. Every morning, tell yourself how great you look. Pat yourself on the back as you get through the day.
Try to be positive, especially towards yourself. You can say affirmative sayings to yourself in the morning and throughout the day. Some examples of affirmative sayings include “I am loved,” “I am the architect of my life,” “I choose to be happy,” “I am brave,” “I am strong,” “I am beautiful,” and “every day is a miracle.” Only you can choose to be happy. If you make the effort to have positive thoughts, you can enjoy life as a single person.
As you work on your relationship with yourself, observe all the great qualities that you have. Notice how they make you special and unique and you will realize that there is no one else out there who is quite like you.
If you do happen to get into a relationship with the right person, then great. But don’t forget to love yourself first. When you know how to treat yourself well, you will be able to treat others in your life amazingly too.
When you are single, allow yourself to get with the flow. Enjoy your life as a single person and embrace the freedom that you have. Go out and party a little with our friends and maybe you will make some new friends in the process. When you have found the right person that you should be with, you will know it. You do not have to settle for anyone just to avoid being lonely.
You also do not have to be all alone just because you are single. Try to surround yourself with great family members and friends. Spend some quality time with the people that you love. You can even try to develop new interests and make new friends. You have so many possibilities to explore.
Whether you or someone you know is struggling with being single, use the quotes below to help serve as a bit of a pep talk. Enjoy your single life and make the most out of it. You never know what surprises today and tomorrow might bring.
1. When you are single, it means that you are ready to mingle. Get out there and meet some new people and try some new things. Embrace your newfound status as a single person.
2. When you have spent enough time being single, you will realize that you were the one thing that you needed all along. There is strength in you that you might not even realize you have yet. You are one person and yet there is so much strength in you.
3. You’re single, so make the most out of it.
4. Just because you are single, it does not mean that you are not good enough for anyone. It means that nobody that you have met is good enough for you.
5. You are single right now because God is busy writing the best love story for you.
6. If you find that you are not happy when you are single, then you will not be happy in a relationship because happiness is something that comes from within. Sure, you might feel happy at first but unless you can be happy with yourself, that feeling of happiness will not lost long.
7. Before you go into a relationship you have to learn how to love yourself and love being on your own.
8. When you are single, stop searching around wondering if the next person you meet is “the one.” Take a look at yourself and realize that you are the only one that you really need in this world. And if you do find the right person one day, then that is just an added bonus.
9. Wanted by many, taking by none, looking at some, waiting for the one.
10. Being single does not always mean that you do not know anything about love. It can just mean that you are smart enough to not get into a relationship that is not right for you.
11. Just because I am single, it does not mean that I sleep alone. I share the other half of the bed with the pile of clothes that I am too lazy to put away.
12. I’m not too pretty to be single, I am too pretty to settle.
13. I am single but you are perfectly welcome to change that.
14. You’re single, I’m single. Coincidence? I don’t think so.
15. Single is more than just a relationship status. It is a word that can be used to describe someone who is strong enough to enjoy their life without having to depend on someone else.
16. I am single because I do not need to rely on anyone else for my happiness.
17. I put the “I” in single.
18. I am single right now because it is time to work on myself. I am not going to worry about anyone but myself for a change.
19. I am single because I like to spend my free time how I want it, when I want it.
20. When you are single, you do not have to worry about pleasing anyone but yourself.
21. If you are single, at the end of the day you just have to worry about making yourself happy.
22. When you see happy couples out in public, it might be easy to envy them. But what you don’t see is what goes on behind closed doors, who is picking fights and not always getting along.
23. When you are single, you have no excuse to neglect yourself. Get to know every bit of you. What makes you tick and what makes you happy? Go figure out what your dreams are before you have to start worrying about someone else again.
24. Be careful of bouncing from one relationship to the next. If you do not give yourself room to breathe in between relationships, then you risk losing who you are. When you go through a breakup, take some time off to get to know yourself. There will be plenty of fish in the sea tomorrow.
25. Some of us are single because we refuse to settle for less than what is right for us.
26. Do not be so picky that you never give anyone a chance to get close to you. It is not at all a bad thing to be single, but it can be a bad thing to think that you are too good for anyone who crosses paths with you.
27. Being single does not always mean that you are lonely and being in a relationship does not always mean that you are happy.
28. Being single and being in a relationship are just words. Only your heart can really determine your relationship status.
29. I am single because I have not yet found someone who deserves me.
30. Being single…
31. Being single is a great time to work on yourself and grow as an individual.
32. I’m single because I like my freedom too much.
33. I’m still single because I haven’t met someone who can handle all of my awesomeness.
34. I am single, but I do not need a significant other in order to be happy.
35. I am single and you would have to be really amazing in order to change that.
36. The best thing about being single is that you can sleep around. You can sleep on the left side of the bed, the right side, or right in the middle and no one will complain about it.
37. The most profound relationship that you can ever have is the one that you have with yourself.
38. I like being single because I am always there when I need someone.
39. Sometimes you have to stand alone to prove that you can still stand.
40. When you are single, the best thing to do is to create a loving relationship with yourself before you decide to commit to someone else.
41. Being single gives you the time that you need to be by yourself, with yourself.
42. When you are single, you can really live for yourself.
43. Sometimes I will catch myself doing weird and then I realize, this is why I’m single.
44. My boyfriend is so handsome, strong, thoughtful, and smart. He is also imaginary.
45. My current relationship status: Made dinner for two and ate everything.
46. The only aisle I’ll be walking down is at the grocery store.
47. Almost all of my socks are single and you don’t see them crying about it.
48. The word SINGLE actually stands for Stress Is Gone, Life is Easier.
49. “I celebrate myself, and sing myself.” -Walt Whitman
50. “I’m single because I was born that way.” -Mae West
51. Roses are red violets are blue, when you are single you don’t have to pay for two.
52. It is going to take someone really special to change the fact that I am single.
53. Don’t be a woman that needs a man. Be a woman that a man needs.
54. You should only be in a relationship if it is sweeter than your solitude.
55. You do not need to be loved if it will come at a cost to yourself. The relationship you have with yourself is the only one that is truly important. You are the only person that you can never lose.
56. You do not need a prince charming in order to live in a fairytale that has a happy ending.
57. To be alone is the most precious thing that someone can ask for in the modern world.
58. Being single does not make you lonely. As long as you have love in your life, even outside of a relationship, then you are not alone.
59. Being single is a great thing because it gives you a chance to find yourself. When it is just you, you can really understand what it means to love yourself.
60. The great thing about being single is that you do not have to worry about the pull and tug that comes with a relationship.
61. When you are single, every day is filled with possibility and the excitement of not knowing what might happen next.
62. Being single means that you can flirt with anyone you want without feeling guilty about it.
63. Bask in the fact that you are single. Enjoy your solitude and your own company. If you should get along with anyone in the world, it is you.
64. Being single is better than being stuck in an unhappy or unfaithful relationship.
65. If we go looking for paradise outside of ourselves, then we cannot have paradise within ourselves.
66. Too many people are so desperate to find someone and be in a relationship that they easily lose sight of who they are as their identity slips away a little bit at a time.
You may also enjoy our Break Up Quotes.
67. Being single is the perfect opportunity to live life on our own terms and nobody else’s.
68. Just because someone is lone, it does not mean that they need to be lonely.
69. I like being single because I am always there when I need me.
70. I don’t consider myself single. I am just between romances at the moment.
71. You don’t need someone else to make you feel like you have a meaningful existence. The most important and profound relationship that you can have is the one that you have with yourself.
For those who love being in relationships, it can be hard to feel happy and optimistic when there is no relationship to fall back on. You might feel like you cannot be happy without another person, but that is simply not true.
In order to be happy on your own, you have to learn how to live with yourself and enjoy your own company. Know what your good qualities are and appreciate them. Realize that you can thrive without being in a relationship.
Being single can be confusing when you do not know what to do with your free time and energy. But that is what makes the adventure so fun. Focus on yourself while you can before somebody great scoops you up. That way, you will be the best version of yourself. And if you happen to stay single for a while, that is okay too.
While some people have a hard time being out of relationships, other have a hard time because they cannot get in a relationship. Finding the right person to have a relationship with can take time and a lot of patience. Even though it might be frustrating, know that great relationships can take time.
If you are having trouble getting into a relationship, then that might affect your self-esteem and self-worth. Try to not pressure yourself too much to jump into a relationship. Get out there, meet new people, be yourself, and let things fall into place naturally. A relationship does not always need to be the most important thing in your life, especially if you are currently single.
In society, we can tend to place way too much importance on finding “the one “for us and being in the perfect relationship. We think that finding that one person will make us happy and solve all of our problems for us. But some people simply love to fly solo and that is nothing to feel bad about. Enjoying the single life does not automatically make you immature or less grown-up than your peers.
In fact, too many people get into relationships for the wrong reasons. There is pressure in society to not be alone and sometimes we let that pressure and that loneliness stress us out.
Try to stay stress free and enjoy these uplifting being single quotes.
Filed Under: QuotesTagged With: peer-pressure
This is a good time to nurture newer relations and get to know more people. Such funny single quotes are the ones, which go to prove that being “My life is like a romantic comedy except there's no romance and it's just me.
Because you don't NEED anyone!
People seem to always feel sorry for women who are single. Hell, some single women even feel sorry themselves!
Being single is not a death sentence, it's actually really rewarding. Think about it, you can focus solely on being the best version of yourself that you can be and doing exactly what YOU want and need.
You won't be single forever — or maybe you will. Who cares! You need to embrace your current single status and enjoy the heck out of it. This is the only life you get!
These 20 inspirational quotes can help remind why flying solo kind of kicks ass.
Too blessed to be stressed.
"Sometimes 'I'm Single' means 'I'm drama free, less stressed, and refuse to settle for less. "
Be confident in what your working with.
"YES ... I'm single. And you'll have to be fucking amazing to change that."
ALWAYS put yourself first.
"The most profound relationship we'll ever have is the one with ourselves."
Create your own happiness.
"Be someone that makes you happy."
Self love is the best kind.
"I've been single for a while and I have to say it's going well. Like ... it's working out. I think I'm the one."
"Being single is better than being in the wrong relationship."
Your status doesn't define you.
"Single-is not a status. It is a word that describes a person who is strong enough to live and enjoy life without depending on others."
You're sexy and you know it!
"Being single used to mean nobody wanted you. Now it means you're pretty, sexy, and you're taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with."
Embrace every inch of your bed
"The best thing about being a single is sleeping around. You can sleep all over that bed of yours. Left. Right. Middle. Wherever."
Wine as much as you want.
"You don't need to have two people to have two wine glasses."
Single does NOT mean you're alone
"I don't like to be labeled as lonely just because I am alone."
Treat yourself to a trip ... or two.
"Create adventures for yourself."
Be picky and patient.
"Stay single until someone actually complements your life in a way that it makes it better to not be single. If not, it's not worth it."
Take time to figure out what you want.
'Appreciate being single because that's when you grow the most & with that growth, you come to know what you're looking for."
Better yourself first.
"If you're single, focus on being a better you instead of looking for someone better than your ex. A better you will attract a better next."
Love your independence.
"Instead of 'single' as a marital status, they should have 'independently owned and operated.' "
Your daily routine
"Wake up. Kick ass. Repeat."
Yes you're single, and it's actually great.
"Yes, I am currently single. No, that does not mean there is something wrong with me."
Single and proud!
"S.I.N.G.L.E = Strong, Independent, Noticeable, Generous, Loving, Enlightened."
Don't worry about single this Valentine's Day- being single and on your own is a great way to live life. Here are 40 inspiring quotes to remind.